[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>normie tells a joke at the gym >everyone makes this obnoxiously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: img-thing.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>normie tells a joke at the gym
>everyone makes this obnoxiously forced loud laugh
>look at me to see if I'm laughing
>I quickly make an awkward smile and nod at them despite it being really unfunny
>go back to squatting in the curl rack
>>
>>37900776
great blog post, how do i subscribe for more?
>>
>>37900911
you have a lifetime sub already anon
>>
Anon I stopped with the bullshit

I don't fake laughs or smiles anymore

At first it's a little bit awkward but ill take awkwardness over fake shit any day

>at gym
>girl smiles at me while making eye contact
>just keep eye contact
>no change in expression

>dude makes joke
>don't laugh
>"anon that was funny wasn't it!?"
>"no not really"
>keeps laughing thinking I might be fucking with him or something idk
>>
>>37900941
Yup. You most likely have no friends.
>>
>>37900989

The friends I do have genuinely make me laugh. I enjoy their company.
>>
>>37900941
smiling mostly comes from the eyes anyway
and since you cant fake your emotions with your eyes, they'll be able to tell how you really feel
>>
File: sunglasses-tom-cruise.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
sunglasses-tom-cruise.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
>>37900989
>being fake
>>
Top feels
>>
>>37900941
hello fellow apathetic human

I too enjoy serving the disdain cake while out in public
>>
File: unsub.png (41 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
unsub.png
41 KB, 900x300
>>37900911
That post was enough. Don't click it, though, or you'll unsubscribe.
>>
Why are people talking to the general population of the gym outside of lifting specific discussion (how many sets left, can I work in, are you using this plate, etc)?

I go to a gym in a non-English speaking country and everyone just does their thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 960x960
>>37901035
I clicked it
>D E V I L I S H
>E
>V
>I
>L
>I
>S
>H
>>
>>37901013
That's how people interact with each other you dumb ass?

>how you doin?
>how was your day?
>what's going on?

You know 99% of the time, people don't give a fuck about any of that shit. Being fake is part of socializing. Fact. Now your ability to make it sound genuine is all on you.
>>
>>37901111
Wasted quads with shit advice.
>>
>>37901111
I only ask that people i care about tho.
Why would i be friendly to people i don't want anything to do with?
It has nothing to do with mannera or socializing that's just being fake.
>>
>>37901167
>>37901187
You must be fun at reddit meetups. Are you that guy at work who is "too cool" to say good morning to your coworkers or ask how their weekend was? Or do you just not have a bigboy job yet?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.