[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fa/ Improvment and Moving Forward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5
File: DopeSmoker.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DopeSmoker.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I've been on this board for quite some time now and I've seen users come and go. I don't really think this board has dipped in quality too much but to make this board better ITT we will list things that must be done.
1. Update the fucking sticky. Seriously what the fuck. This shit is from 2011.
2. Report shit threads "is this effay?" "vanz r da best". "kill all niggers"
3. We need some infographs in this bitch. Infographs are probably the most helpful thing on this board.
4. stop shiposting. tell a person why their fit is bad.
>>
>infographics are probably the most helpful thing on this board

Go back to reddit.
>>
>>9746782
>4. stop shiposting. tell a person why their fit is bad.
This so much
>>
>>9746783
They are extremely helpful to noobs and will cut down on shit threads. It's good to have one for each style.
>>
>>9746798
Seig I know your fat and ugly but there is no need to project onto people. Stop being so negative m8 and maybe your life will turn around for the better eventually.
>>
>do not trip unless you post regularly and it is of quality.
>>
>>9746821
I agree
>>
>>9746821
Yes
e
s

S
>>
>>9746824
who r u
>>
>>9746821
i like all tripping so u can decide to trust the person or not

for example i dont trust sieg or pigfuck
>>
>>9746797
Do you know any good recent ones?
>>
>>9746841
Yah I feel that. If a trip that has good fits critisizes my fits it's better than some rando kid from /r9k/
>>
>>9746850
There's the "'minimalistic aka techno interests me" one. I don't have it. That's really only the newerish one I've seen. The rest are from 2013.
>>
i worry about infographics because style can be so personal / subjective

the Q&A / personal advice part of this board doesnt bother me as long as its kept organized in threads
>>
>>9746857
Yah I understand. But like infographs for like "best black jeans" and other basics stuff would be nice. I might work on those later today.
>>
>>9746782
>2. Report shit threads "is this effay?" "vanz r da best". "kill all niggers"
I already do that but I don't think any mods give a shit about /fa/ because they rarely actually delete threads/block users and when they do, it takes ages.
>>
>>9746821
I have a better idea. Bully all trips until they turn it off or kill themselves.
>>
>>9746872
how do we get new mods or janitors.
>>
>>9746878
Well, 4chan just got new janitors, but maybe complaining here could help: http://www.4chan.org/feedback
>>
>>9746874
Good thinking son
>>
>>9746872
they have a lot on their plate
>>
Fa isn't worth improving as long as goth ninja, techwear and general fuccboi style is posted here.

Goth ninjas killed fa.
>>
>ban reeee and other faggots
>>
File: Chelsea Boots Infographic.jpg (347 KB, 800x3154) Image search: [Google]
Chelsea Boots Infographic.jpg
347 KB, 800x3154
>>9746850
i made pic related, i thin its ok for the heroinchic look, its very basic but it does the trick for people who literally dont know shit about these, i think it elminates the need for "w2c chelseas" threads

>i am the Mr Chelsea Guide
>>
>>9746783
this tbh, eat a dick op.
>>
>>9748372
fuck off already mr. the chelsea guide
i'm the only one who calls you so, don't act like anyone is giving you attention
>>
>>9746824
literally who?
>>
>>9748380
k bbuh ;^)
>>
>>9746782
>1. Update the fucking sticky. Seriously what the fuck. This shit is from 2011.
Agreed
>2. Report shit threads "is this effay?" "vanz r da best". "kill all niggers"
Agreed to an extent
>3. We need some infographs in this bitch. Infographs are probably the most helpful thing on this board.
Infographics require people to research, create, and in some cases, draw. I think getting some simple 'starter pack' things like the 'Techno interests me' and 'Chillness interests me' for different clothing archetypes is an excellent start.
>4. stop shiposting. tell a person why their fit is bad.
Shitposting is okay in moderation
>>
>>9748372
mr chelsea guide? uhh chuck came up with this u mong
>>
>>9748423
what is this weird skype/tinychat trigfag drama world you're living in and snails is somehow the head of
explain it to me pls
>>
>>9748423
>chuck
who? wait, idgaf, thats how some retard in here calls me
>>
>>9748451
you can make an infographic in one of those sites where they give you templates and shit like that, i made the chelsea one like that and it went out pretty well, in terms of aesthetics
>>
>>9748433
O N A N I G A N G
>>
>>9748465
fuck off mr. the chelsea guide

fucking newfag why are you even trippin
>>
>>9748465
oh fuck sake mr. the chelsea guide is mexican hahaha and wearing slp god almight that must look dreadful irl, fucking sandniggers
>>
Disable trips
>>
>>9748412
>'Techno interests me' and 'Chillness interests me'
/r/ing these
>>
>>9746783
Literally this, fuck off OP
>>
>>9746783
true
if you need infographics, you're a fucking retard, does everything have to be spoonfed to you
>>
>>9748376
>>9748517
>>9748522
the samefagging in this bitch right now
>>
File: mad.png (5 KB, 327x108) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
5 KB, 327x108
>>9748528
try harder
>>
>>9748522
yes

a lot of people come here looking to improve the way they look, and not to look like a fashion statement.

they enter the board still wearing converses, vans, cargo shorts and american eagle polos.

they enter the board not knowing what menswear is, but thinking that menswear is the epitome of all fashion

you need to understand that some people are new and aren't trying to look like the edgelord of fashion.
>>
>>9748535
have you ever used anything for legitimate fashion inspiration or advice
if so, you're a fucking retard, does everything have to be spoonfed to you

Literally this, fuck off

this tbh, eat a dick
>>
>>9746782
try and make me
>>
>>9748544
>spoonfed
you forgot to use the word cuck, btw.

PS you're the worst type of poster on this board but i know you have nothing else to do besides post here.
>>
>>9748536
fuck sake then you don't look at infographics, that's the problem, they get outdated and have very small amounts of info in them.
i wasn't even talking about being edgy
>>
>>9748433
Snail = Admin
Onani Gang = People in the chat
>>
>>9748372
Not bad. I would add a few more brands to the recommended. H by Hudson is decent for the price. Thanks for contributing to this board my beaner bro.
>>
>>9748663
yeah, i think its very poor on that aspect thats why a added a little note on the side saying that there are brands taht do good chelseas, its like saying that only Burberry makes good coats
>>
>update the sticky
You guys do realize that it's a wiki, and literally anybody can go update it right now
>>
>>9749081
No it's not. It's locked to "prevent spam" because the guy running it is an incompetent dumbshit who somehow has an IT degree.

Not to mentiom that it's down half the time, and slow as fuck the other half because of his shitty $2/mo namecheap shared hosting
>>
>>9748372
This is what happens when you spend 4 hours a day committing Saint Laurent lookbooks to memory

Legit lol
>>
>>9749099
nobody cares what you think, dumb ratchet.
>>
>>9749093
It's definitely not locked, you would know that if you took a minute to check. I just registered a test account and made an edit to verify that.

I'm not seeing any downtime in the logs since I switched to a dedicated host (which was, admittedly, sort of recent) so, again, I don't know what you're talking about.

The wiki format is the best option because no single person will ever have time to maintain and update the sticky. I spent a couple of months prepping everything and asking /fa/ to blast the mods enough to get it changed and everybody agreed; if somebody else is passionate enough to do the same, then I'll be the first one to support them.
>>
>>9748405
What dictates knowledge on something so opinionated as clothing?
>>
>>9749184
Yea sorry my bad dude, I don't check the sticky like ever. Glad you cleaned everything up and shit
>>
>>9749184
So what you're saying is we need a NEET that dresses decently and isn't completely autistic to rewrite the wiki. Hmm...
>>
>>9749245
so basically sieg heil if he wasn't such a sieg heil
>>
>>9748608
no explanation huh

yeah i'm fine with that
>>
>>9749441
i'm an ex pro trip and future retired US marine trained in tacticool parkour battlefield tactics, i don't have to explain shit to you.
>>
>>9749099
good one but no, i think i spend more time watching other stuff like DIY tutorials or sewing something than watching SLP anything
>>
>>9749211
i think some sort of social and moral code in a very subjective way dependeing on the area and you live and in what social class you fit in
>>
im considering making an /fa/ extension that allows people to rate different posts and hide ones with bad ratings. what do you guys think?

it'll cut down on those useless mega replies in WAYWT
>>
>>9750009
might as well go on reddit
>>
>>9748412
4chan isn't 4chan without shitposting. FACT.
>>
>>9750009
literally reddit

mad at u
>>
>>9750090
alright well what about an extension that lets you vote for the best fits between fa and mfa without showing you which board the fit is from and see which board wins
>>
>>9750009
>hide ones with bad ratings.
why would you do that? how can we tell when something is bad? how are we going to critique other people?

b2mfa
>>
File: 1429239729305.jpg (10 KB, 195x168) Image search: [Google]
1429239729305.jpg
10 KB, 195x168
>>9750098
just leave
>>
>>9750117
have a somethingawful/facepunch style of voting instead of upvote and downvote? i wasnt thinking reddit style at all lol
>>
>>9746782
Ban reeeeeee
>>
>>9750127
example different ratings like:
shitpost funny fuccboi good bad nxtlvl great *fashion king*
>>
>>9750127
yeah its pretty simple

>see outfit
>see whats wrong with it
>point it out in a reply and suggest an improvement in the problem
>if opinion discarded by the critiqued post then carry on
>rinse and repeat

it isnt that hard, you dont have to vote, we´re not choosing next summer queen here, we´re here to give advice and discuss about fashion, ofc some shitposting wouldnt hurt, its 4chan after all
>>
>>9750140
yeah but replies like "good" or "bad" dont justify a reply since it doesnt really give constructive input
>>
>>9750145
as i said, yoi have to point out the problem and suggest an improvement for the problem, thats how contructive critique works, you dont only say

>hey thats bad i dont like it
or
>noice fit m8
thats as bland as normcore
>>
>>9746783
they're only good for really basic stuff anything else should be learned on your own imho
>>
>>9750098
make an extension that lets me give a heck about reddumb.
>>
File: 1429823989000.jpg (322 KB, 800x3154) Image search: [Google]
1429823989000.jpg
322 KB, 800x3154
>>9748497
>>9748510
>>9748465
>>9748423
>>9749099
>>9748372
HELLO its CHUCK and im here 2 share the ORIGINAL guide before ti was so RUDELY stolen by some _fat_ person
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.