[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Razor burn and dry skin are ruining my life. What products should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
Razor burn and dry skin are ruining my life.
What products should I get to best prevent this crap? I'll be heading out to get whatevers best suggested today.
>>
>>11123535
I shave with the grain and use shave balm/lotion after shaving.
>>
>>11123535
Please visit Harrys at www.harrys.com for your free audiobook download. Enter the promocode effay for five dollars off your first order.
>>
>>11124208
Not OP but I can't do that as it leaves too many hairs which start ingrowing. I basically have to wait around 4 or 5 days after shaving so I have a considerable beard before I shave because anything less than that will irritate my skin.

To OP I'm using shaving balm instead of after shave and it's gotten better but it's not really good enough, I still get red bumps, mostly below around the neck. I feel it's because my hair down there grows upward/sideways instead of downwards like on mot of my face. And it seems to grow a bit quicker down there, too.
>>
i literally get razor burn and irritation every time

i'm ready to get laser hair removal
>>
I feel you, op, it looks like fucking zits and it makes me want to jump out my fucking apartment building
>>
File: 900px-Laugh-Step-9-Version-2.jpg (291 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
900px-Laugh-Step-9-Version-2.jpg
291 KB, 900x675
>>11123535
I had this problem too. Started shaving with conditioner instead of cream a couple days ago and it seems to be helping. Try asking the skincare general.
>>
>>11123535
Can relate OP, I literally can get rid of razor burns mainly because I shave every two or three days, if I wouldnt shave and let it heal I'd look like a patched yeti
>>
>>11124465
Cant*
>>
Learn to shave properly
>>
>>11123535
I apply Eucerin lotion as if I were a black person. Like 4x a day. It has made my skin look much better. I also put neosporin on any blemishes because it has 3 different antibiotics and help everything heal faster without scars, from acne to cuts.
>>
>>11123535
Wet shaving with safety razor.
>>
>something about my physics apperance is RUINING MY LIFE
jesus christ this board gets more vapid by the day
>>
>>11124603
do they really help? I was looking into getting one a few months ago but then I tried a really old one my grandpa had with some questionable razors and I was disappointed by the result
>>
>>11124603
Fucking this. Been wet shaving with a safety razor for a while now and 1) no fucking razor burn shit 2) no skin irritation during or after shaving 3) getting cleaner shaves now as I got the hang of it 4) shaving's now actually enjoyable 5) it's a lot cheaper.

Just look up manti59's videos on youtube (or nick shaves's / geofatboy's w/e) on how to do it. You might also want to check out https://www.reddit.com/r/Wet_Shavers/wiki/index (inb4 >any year >reddit may may, tuxbell's section on shaving is quite incomprehensive).

ps. do get a decent shaving brush and an aftershave
>>
Get an electric razor senpai.

If your skin is anything like mine go for foil over rotary, I swear by Braun. All manual and rotary razors fuck me up.
>>
>>11124715
Yes and no. If you get horrible razor burn with a cartridge, you'll most likely get a similar experience. What makes it different is that (most of the time) the problem people face is all about technique. A safety razor (or even a straight razor) forces you to better your technique and learn how your face works. It makes you learn about pressure, how your hair grows, angle, etc. You'll just as easily hack up your face if you get a safety razor and follow horrible technique like applying too pressure.
>>
Some brothers are just goin' to have to tough it out in life. Outside of laser removal, which is expensive, try different styles of electric razors. I eventually had to go to depillatories, for years on my neck area, before I went back to wet shaving.
Years back at a gay male's 'hot event' I was publically dry-shaved over complete body minus eye-brows and lashes. Yes, complete genital, the dude (a master) knew his business. No problem till hairs grew out(another tale).
>>
I splash some witch hazel on my face to calm any redness and then put lotion on
>>
>>11125062
Witch hazel is fantastic, I've found so many uses for it
>>
>>11125304
what do you use it for besides aftershave? that's all I've ever used it for.
>>
>>11125049
Glad I got back into browsing this board.
>>
File: kpz76mE.jpg (2 MB, 3032x2288) Image search: [Google]
kpz76mE.jpg
2 MB, 3032x2288
>>11123535
Don't you shit 22 blade razor's. Honestly.

Switch to a straight blade razor, get a lather kit from the art of shaving and thank yourself forever. Don't get a razor from art of shaving unless it's one blade.

Honestly it's one of the best things you can do for you skin, my agency gave me this tip years ago and I haven't had razor burn since.
>>
>>11123535
witch hazel and some lotion/shave balm
>>
Clippers
>>
Use sensitive skin friendly shaving cream (with aloe or moisturizer if possible)
use aftershave
then use moisturizing lotion
no specific brands really matter, these should be easy to find all in one section of a grocery
if this routine doesn't work see a dermatologist
>>
>>11125384
This, but look around because Art of Shaving absurdly overpriced. Get a hold of the following:
>safety razor
>shave soap
>shave brush
>double eged blades
>apricot scrub
>aftershave

I find I do well with these items. However, you need to experiment with different brands to find what best suits your needs.
>>
Safety razor is a worthwhile investment. You'll get burn the first time but after a few weeks you'll get the hang of it. I've been doing it for over a year now and it's really helped with both razor burn and acne. Whatever route you decide with on shaving, get some witch haze to use as aftershave. It will burn pretty bad, but it works miracles for razor burn.

As for the dry skin, start using moisturizing lotion before you go to bed and when you wake up in the morning. I use CeraVe and it's rated pretty highly and my dermatologist has told me that it works well for everyone that she has recommended it to. So that's helped a lot too.

tl;dr Witch Hazel and CeraVe
>>
>scraping your face with a razor every day
get an electric shaver m8. a 50 dollar one will last years, there's literally no reason not to get one.
>>
I have a safety razor but don't fuck with a brush and lather. I just use regular shaving cream and that helps. Also pressure will fuck you up, I'm just now learning to go real light and do multiple passes.
>>
>>11123535
I used to shave with a razor and got bumps every time, had to wait for days in between to shave my neck. Instead I just started using an Andis 5 star shaver and a Wahl T blade to outline my beard and shave my neck

It gets the about the same result as a wet shave and no bumps.

So if you're set on still wet shaving, I don't have much to add, but if you're willing to shell out a little for a couple electric razors that would be my advice desu.
>>
File: 190.jpg (11 KB, 253x250) Image search: [Google]
190.jpg
11 KB, 253x250
Alum blocks seem to help me
>>
>>11126299
I use a shavette, it lets me do less passes. It works much better especially on longer hair, if you don't shave every day.
There's a learning curve, if you're shaving every day it's not worth the effort vs a safety razor. If you're like me and let the beard grow for a week or two before shaving it away, it's perfect.
>>
>>11123535
you get razor burns from shitty and blunt razors. Get a good razor.
>>
File: bbuyi.png (170 KB, 948x642) Image search: [Google]
bbuyi.png
170 KB, 948x642
I use this, its at bath and body works in the mall.
I have to shave everyday for work, this stuff it's really good, my skin feels like it's breathing and fresh.
>>
Regardless of whether you buy premium products recommended in this thread you should probably also make changes to your routine that would reduce razor burn.

>Shower before shaving
>When shaving be gentler around areas that tend to get inflamed afterwards
>Shave with the grain
>Rinse face with cold water before applying aftershave balms
>>
>>11123535
Shave in the shower
>>
Grow a beard like a real man and stop shaving you pussys
>>
>>11123535
trim down to stubble with electric clippers. You're not supposed to drag a razor over your sensitive skin you fucking idiots
>>
>>11123535
>Razor burn

Get as proper razor and learn to shave.
>>
>>11129951
what kind of razor
>>
>>11129953

I prefer safety razors.
>>
Wash your face with the cleanser again after shaving. Then apply moisturizer.
>>
File: 1459060177081.png (60 KB, 254x209) Image search: [Google]
1459060177081.png
60 KB, 254x209
>>11123535
how do you niggas seriously fail in razoring your neckbeards, its pretty much the easiest thing to do ever

i razor my balls with no trouble, worst i had was a bit of bleeding and thats it
>>
If you haven't guessed, the solution to dry skin is using fucking moisturiser. I do it immediately after I shower
>>
>>11124275
why not just use clippers? it's way easier than shaving and having short stubble looks more effay than a clean shaven face anyway. unless you have patchy ass facial hair
>>
>>11130019
You just confirmed yourself as a cuck who doesn't actually have proper adult facial hair density
>>
File: le tired bunny.png (25 KB, 731x813) Image search: [Google]
le tired bunny.png
25 KB, 731x813
>>11130113
you just confirmed yourself to be a mentally challenged retard that cant even manage to get rid of hair on his own skin without damaging himself
>>
>>11130157
not him but not everyone has the same skin
if you never get irritations during shaving you should just count yourself fortunate
>>
>>11124212
THEY BOUGHT THE FACTORY
>>
>exfoliate face
>use warm water
>wait for it to dry/cool off a bit
>rub a few drops of olive oil on your face (don't remove it)
>wait like a few minutes and put on shaving cream
>shave in the same direction as the hair is growing (usually downwards)
>be gently when shaving - if you don't get all the hairs, don't worry about it, you'll get them later
>after all is shaven remove the extra shaving cream
>rinse you face off with the coldest water you have
>leave your face to air dry
>use after shave and let it dry
>use small amounts of a greasy lotion (I use neutrogena)

If your face starts itching/burning repeat the cold water rinsing and apply some lotion again
>>
>tfw never will have that problem since facial hair wont grow
>>
DE wet shaving saved my face from getting fucked up every morning
>>
>>11130033
>clippers
this. i have blond hair so its not really noticeable anyways. i get super bad ingrown hairs so i just copped some clippers. as long as i use the lowest guard (no guard still causes irritation) theres no problem. plus its way faster.
>>
File: 1020.jpg (106 KB, 1020x1530) Image search: [Google]
1020.jpg
106 KB, 1020x1530
>>11123535
>>
>>11123535
Go to getbevel.com today and step your shaving game
>>
Gillette multibladed razor. Shaving gel for sensitive skin. Nivea shaving balm.
>>
>>11129906
But Anon, how will getting a beard keep him from having to shave his neck? This makes it sound like you have a beard on your neck! A neck... be... oh.
>>
>>11125384
seconding this
>>
>>11132047
bait
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.