[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder: A good tailor can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: trousers.jpg (57 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
trousers.jpg
57 KB, 400x560
A good tailor can:

Taper your trousers, take in the seat (the butt area ) hem them and take in the waist.

For shirts, can hem them, take in the sides and taper the sleeves or convert to short sleeve shirt

For Jackets, can take in at waist, can shorten jacket (maybe max 2 inches before it throws of balance and look) can shorten sleeves. can add new buttons can take in shoulders

Why don't you idiots have a good tailor already and stop trying to find things that fit perfectly off the rack?
>>
>>11119194
>OP just found out about tailors

lol, no one looks for shit to fit perfect, but it's nice if it does.
>>
>>11119197
>lol, no one looks for shit to fit perfect, but it's nice if it does.

the amount of idiots everywhere who say things like "damn cant find inseam so can't buy them"

or " damn it's slightly too baggy shirt, need maker who makes extra extra slim shirts" is too damn high.

I literally never look for "extra slim" shirts or skinny or slim pants, since I know I can get that taken care of.

I am actually glad there are so many idiots who don't know this, since I tend to score better items at thrift shops.
>>
>>11119208
I've never seen people complain about that, everyone knows about taylors.
>>
my tailor recut some marni pants from a 30 down to a 28
i think hes pretty good
>>
File: 1459322929949.jpg (101 KB, 726x652) Image search: [Google]
1459322929949.jpg
101 KB, 726x652
oh look its another higschooler who just discovered a tailor to taper his shitty uniqlo clothes and now thinks hes unlocked some level 20 fashion secret that makes him better than everyone else thread
>>
>>11119343
Oh man, Taylors are the worst

I know one at my work and she's a bitch
>>
so hard finding a good tailor

they're all older or immigrants so they never understand you
>>
>>11119194
Why don't you start referring your good tailor friend to me then ?
>>
>>11119194
>not tailoring or making your own shit
nigger please, full custom is the way to go

also
>tapering trouser from the outside
wtf are you doing nigger? you have to taper them from the inside so the inseam aligns properly
>>
>>11119438
lol i bet you go to one you say

>yo niggu, make muh sweats fire like Tyler the creator dawg
>damn son, i want my jacket fitting like in my favourite animus
kek
>>
>>11119597
Not the person you replied to, but you are a fucking /b/ tier faggot. Tripping an shitposting at the same time, and your post was cringewortht as fuck too, please end your life.
>>
>>11119593
lol you're a fat poor mexican
of course you have to work on your own clothes, as well as the shitty levi's at macy's
>>
>>11119602
>>11119613
feels good to be back home to fill up my ego

custom clothes > off the rack clothes
>>
>>11119593
you have to taper them from both sides, mr. beginner
>>
>>11119834
>Implying we can't see through your mindcrippling insecurity
:^)
>>
>>11119392
This, my ex Taylor is a bitch she won't even reply to my friend request :^(
>>
>>11120510
REKT HIM F@M LMAO HES A QUEER HA HA
>>
>>11119194
>Why don't you idiots have a good tailor already and stop trying to find things that fit perfectly off the rack?
My mom does all that for me
thanks mom
>>
>>11119194
I get my pants tailored

where can I learn how to do this shit by myself? shirts, jeans and whatever
I also have no idea on what makes a good sewing machine
>>
File: this nigga.gif (496 KB, 500x214) Image search: [Google]
this nigga.gif
496 KB, 500x214
>>11119834
>custom clothes
>let's open up those knees on these jeans with scissors
>oh yeah did that good, really showed those jeans
>I'm going to be Hedi Slimane one day
>>
>>11119874
well, i guess, if you want to keep the same angles and proportions as the original but personally i believe that tapered clothes should be thinner but with the same width, thats why i only taper the inside, to keep the same proportions to the overall silhouette

>>11120510
stop projecting m8

>>11121449
practice with old clothes you have, idk, ask your dad for one of his old shirts or jeans and try to taper them to your fit, in any case there are tutorials on youtube

a good work isnt based on the equipment but on the one whos doing the work, just like in any art but ofc dont go for a super retro single stitch sewing machine from the last century, a cheap brothers one would do it

>>11121461
kek, nice one but no, i have to taoper most of my shirts because the only ones that fit my sleeve lenght are medium or large and i have to taper the bodice, same with trousers
>>
>>11122582
>but personally i believe that tapered clothes should be thinner but with the same width, thats why i only taper the inside, to keep the same proportions to the overall silhouette
damage control
you just don't know what you're doing
you only taper one side if the outseam is a flat felled selvage
>>
>>11122624
isnt all jeans like that? ofc tapering from that side would be stupid, but still i think just tapering from the insides modifies the drape of the garment
>>
Is it possible to tailor a t shirt? mainly to size it down?
>>
>>11122726
>isnt all jeans like that
no
most of the market is overlocked outseam and inseam
and you can still taper from the outseam if it's overlocked, people just refuse to because muh selvage denim

>tapering from the insides modifies the drape of the garment
jesus christ
stop using fucking buzzwords you don't understand
drape is the way fabric hangs, it is not the way it fucking fits
tapering slims down, it does not alter the fabric, just the shape

why do you always post such stupid shit
it's like you want to set yourself apart from every other idiot on here, but you just make yourself look retarded
>>
File: really now.gif (460 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
really now.gif
460 KB, 500x366
>>11122726
>i think just tapering from the insides modifies the drape of the garment
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.