[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
opinions on branding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: c167SeS.jpg (993 KB, 3348x2142) Image search: [Google]
c167SeS.jpg
993 KB, 3348x2142
whats everyones opinions on >branding, in outfits. a lot of people here seem to hate on it but i think if you remove the branding from an outfit and it still looks good, its fine. but if you rely on it to make or break an outfit you need to stop. pic as example
>>
>>10923815
If an article of clothing looks good, it looks good, regardless of the brand. I don't care about branding but some brands tend to be more reliable than others. I own a lot of Mishka because I really like the occult graphics on most of their clothing.
In the end it all comes down to what you wear and what appeals to you.
>>
>>10923815
Branding is for dumbasses who are happy to advertise for free for no reason other than because they buy that brand and want other people to know that they buy that brand.
>>
File: Helmut bomber c. 2002.jpg (478 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
Helmut bomber c. 2002.jpg
478 KB, 1280x1707
Branding can work if done correctly. That Supreme jacket, for instance, is riffing on the iconic American baseball jacket that the coaches wear. The real ones have the team name in big block letters. Skate clothing is all about branding both for the coolness factor among other skaters and so that if you get sponsored by a brand, you basically become a walking advertisement for them.

I don't really like obvious branding, but I love certain details that are particular to a designer and subtly clue you in to the brand/label. Helmut Lang was particularly adept at this. His clothing was generally quite minimalist, but with signature details like elbow slashes and 'bondage' straps. You didn't need a big label on the piece to know instantly that it was Lang.
>>
>>10923866
Mishka for occult graphics

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHa
>>
>>10923815
branding is only good if it is unnoticeable or adds to the aesthetic of the piece
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.