[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when / where did this covering of the face meme start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_o02pl9Srpk1tq6tqpo1_540.jpg (139 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o02pl9Srpk1tq6tqpo1_540.jpg
139 KB, 540x720
when / where did this covering of the face meme start?
>>
I think it's good, so that we can judge the person based not on their looks, but how the clothes fit them, because people consider good looking people to fit in anything.
>>
And, on a note outside of the quality of the fit, a lot of people just don't want anything that could too obviously identify them on the Internet.

Posting a full face photo could easily link your previously secret online persona with your real life identity, which could be a negative depending on your past online activity. Even when posted anonymously on boards such as 4chan, the poster may be considering other stigmas that they would want to avoid having linked back to their real life person, such as the stigma of dressing up and posting it online, or the stigma of posting on a 'controversial' online message board.
>>
>>10844053
when they started taking photos of ugly people
>>
>>10844203
>>10844233
This guy gets it.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.