[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fragrance general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: 60percent.jpg (263 KB, 1000x1496) Image search: [Google]
60percent.jpg
263 KB, 1000x1496
Last thread >>10560000 and it's at 304
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.parfumo.net/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://surrendertochance.com/
http://theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
Becoming a thing but too crowded for the first post:

For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions give us as much information as possible.

Helpful info could include price range, climate/season, age, style, use (work/clubbing), notes/families you like/dislike and stuff you've tried and liked/disliked.
>>
Scoreboard from last thread:
La Nuit: 16
Meme/Aventus: 15
Dior Homme: 13 (16 with DHI)
GIT/Green Irish Tweed: 9
"Creed": 9
Occitane: 8
Tobacco Vanilla: 7
Burberry London: 4
Pure Malt/Pure Havane: 4
Terre/TdH: 4
Million: 4
A*Men: 3
Encre Noir: 3
Oud Wood: 2
>>
Would like some fragrance suggestions

>price range
€80 max

>climate
would like suggestions for both warm and cold climate

>age

>style and use
everyday use, something slightly sophisticated/sensual.

>tried
Dior Homme Intense, Gucci Pour Homme II, YSL La Nuit de L'Homme.

My current fragrance for everyday use is Dior Homme Intense, my favorite, I absolutely love the smell. Others as well, as I get lots of compliments about it, but I'm thinking of getting another fragrance for everyday use and saving the Dior one for special occasions (dates/parties/etc.) I also kinda liked the Gucci one, I think that one might work a bit better for summer. Didn't really like YSL that much to be honest.
>>
Holy shit people were talking about Bruno Fazzolari's Narcisse a while ago so I ordered one of the samples off the site. I didn't expect it to be as good as it actually is, I'm usually not into flowery frags at all
>>
24/female/Scotland, so cold climate I guess? Looking for something to wear daily. I don't really think about perfume for clubbing for some reason.. I can't stand most big name perfumes. They're a bit much for me. I like clean simple fragrances. With few notes. I've been wearing daisy by marc Jacobs, but like I said it's a little much for me. I really like Jo Malone orange blossom but the staying power is awful (especially for the price) Big fan of most jo Malone actually, And I like woody notes.
>>
File: dgn.jpg (76 KB, 777x229) Image search: [Google]
dgn.jpg
76 KB, 777x229
repost since i asked at the end of ast thread

Hey /fa/
cheapfag from Germany here

I recently stumbled over this site: http://parfuemversand.de/

Older reviews suggest, that the site used to sell fake scents, but now they advertise having original, authentic products and also theyhave a very high rating on trustedshops..
But those prices.. man.. They seem to be to good to be true..
They say prices are so low because they dont pay for advertisment and stuff

Does anyone know if they really sell legit stuff?
>>
>>10595407
Fazzolari's Five is really nice too.

>>10595399
Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée
Mugler Cologne

All the stuff you mentioned trying is pretty oriental and rich. These two are a bit fresher and might work better for everyday. I would also say Terre D'Hermes, if it doesn't seem to mature to you.
>>
>>10595399
Warmer Weather:
Dior Homme Sport
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
Mugler Cologne
Versace Pour Homme
Lalique White
Voyage d'Hermes
Cartier Roadster

Colder Weather:
Carolina Herrera CH Men
Burberry London
Givenchy Play Intense
Bvlgari Man In Black
L'Occitane Eau des Baux
Fan di Fendi Pour Homme
Michael Kors for Men
Dsquared2 Potion
>>
>>10595446
Thanks, I'll look into those. So I'd be better off using the fragrances I mentioned only occasionally?
>>10595515
Thanks. Burberry London keeps popping up whenever I read these kind of threads, might pick that one up soon.
>>
Looking to buy a Tom Ford private blend for the first time
What does /fa/ recommend ?

I currently wear YSL la nuit de l'homme and Gucci by Gucci

I'm 24 and will mainly wear it on nights out
I typically prefer woody fragrances and generally stay away from sweet smells

White, 6'1

Thanks
>>
>>10595722
Definitely Oud Wood, seems to be exactly what you're looking for. I would also say to check out Amber Absolute & London.
>>
>>10595442
This seems too good to be true, Bentley for men intense is 34€, woah. Feel like blind buying 10 frags.

What makes you think they are all authentic now?
>>
>>10595722
>>10595756
I would also say Tuscan Leather but, if you like Tuscan Leather, I would say to save your money and get La Yuqawan by Rasasi. About 1/3 of the price and I honestly think its better
>>
>>10595442
Does anyone know an EU site that has a stock this good but with samples? They have almost every single fragrance I want to try but although it's cheap it's still full bottles. Any ideas?

Amazing stuff
>>
Repost from old thread, posted very late

What are your most complimented frags, /fa/? Or do you not get compliments?
>>
File: 1437512111497.jpg (310 KB, 679x1024) Image search: [Google]
1437512111497.jpg
310 KB, 679x1024
Would like some fragrance suggestions

>price range
$120

>climate
A suggestion for F/W and S/S would be appreciated

>age

>style and use
Daily use as enjoy wearing poli black at night

>tried
D&G ths one, polo red and black

Currently use the one/polo red daily and when going out for dinner/clubbing I use polo black.
Any help would be appreciated 8)
>>
>>10595722
>Looking to buy a Tom Ford private blend for the first time
Why specifically them though? I mean, I like the line as much as the rest of /frag/ does, but they aren't the end all be all. Sample around and don't force it.

Anyways, I like Tuscan Leather, Champaca Absolute, Costa Azzurra, and Japan Noir (sadly discontinued)
>>
>>10595722
noir de noir
oud wood
tobacco vanille
tuscan leather if youre an old man
venetian bergamot

only ones i like from the private blend
tobacco oud isnt half bad but i think it would make a 10/10 layering w/ tobacco vanille
>>
>>10595366
the La Nuit de l'Homme meme is ETERNAL, going on for like 4-5 years now
>>
>price range
any

>climate/season
Sunny, stinking hot Australia climate (always summer)

>age

>Style
smart cas.

>Use
University, casual evenings and hospital work (can't be too obnoxious because of the latter). Definitely a day fragrance and preferably one to round off my masculinity.

>notes/families
Florals, musk, woody

>like
Black orchard - Tom Ford (Never worn personally),
Terre - Hermes,
No debate - Body Shop (long since discontinued),
He Wood - Dsquared2,
Tsar - Van Cleef and Arples.

>dislike
Eros - Versace
Thierry Mugler's A*men range
Most Creeds
>>
>>10596259
It's mentioned so much because people come in and talk about what they already own. No one really recommends it anymore.
>>
>>10595843
Well, there are several reasons:
- If you scroll nearly all the way down, they state: 'Nur Original-Düfte' -> 'only authentic scents'
-The site is hosted in Germany for quite some time now. If it was scam it would be down by now pretty much.
- The site has a good layout.
- They dont sell every scent you can imagine.
- More popular ones are only ~10% off.
- They got the trustedshops banner (which isn't just a .jpeg copied to the site, its legit 4.8/5 rated)
>>
>>10595931
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, would be good year-round imo
>>
>>10596304
Chanel Platinum Egoiste
>>
Looking for a new winter frag.

My Current Faves are:
- Dior Homme Intense,
- Burberry London
- Armani Code
- Tabacco Vanille
- CDG Wonderwood
>>
>>10597859
L'Occitane Eau de Vetyver
CdG 2 Man
Parfum d'Empire Eau de Gloire
Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
Amouage Memoir Man
>>
>>10595366
Be honest: how many of you here have bought frag simply because it's been spammed to death on /fa/?

I'm willing to believe everyone ITT owns/owned La Meme de l'Homme, and the same would be true of Memeventus and Tobacco Vameme if they were cheaper..
>>
>>10598323
i own tobacco vameme bcus of /fa/
>>
>>10598323
Blind copped He Wood Rocky Mountain back in the day cause /fa/ liked it. Hardly ever wear it.
>>
>>10598531
same, but with La Meme

it's good though, but i never really want to wear it
>>
>>10598531
Did the same. Still wear it (despite the poor performance), but wish I had lurked more before making cop.
>>
>>10598531
I bought it and was not impressed at all. I'm actually surprised when people still bring it up, but I was thinking maybe it's different on everyone else like most fragrances. I'd never buy it again and wouldn't recommend it, though.
>>
>>10596921
Hm, cool. Please write back if you buy from them! I might too
>>
Young people of fa, what scents do you wear at a night out? Get complimented much?
>>
>>10595300
Best jasmine/gardenia scents for men? I know I'm going to have to go unisex since by itself it's a very feminine note even by floral standards and probably difficult to incorporate into something decidedly "manly," but I just love that smell.
>>
>>10599112
Amouage Reflection Man
>>
looking for recs.

price range: depends how much i like the scent climate/season: spring/summer
style: feminine
use: daily
notes/families you like/dislike: i enjoy oriental, yet not too heavy scents, as well as lighter floral scents. coco mademoiselle is one of my favourites.
>>
>>10599068
always complimented when wearing London.
>>
File: afafaf.jpg (20 KB, 371x353) Image search: [Google]
afafaf.jpg
20 KB, 371x353
What's a good fragrance that's similar to Tuscan Leather? (i.e Leather/Suede with noticeable berry notes)
>>
>>10599311
carry a bag of cocaine with you in your fanny pack
>>
File: 1000mL.png (4 MB, 834x7200) Image search: [Google]
1000mL.png
4 MB, 834x7200
bout it bout it
>>
>>10599112
ELDO Jasmin et Cigarette is one that isn't too feminine, a bit dirty tho
>>
File: 126406.jpg (35 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
126406.jpg
35 KB, 250x250
I think i finally fucked up good this time

Was getting a good deal from target 200ml for $25 Carolina Herrera for men

I smell like a fucking clove cigarette. might be the first frag to give me a headache
>>
>>10599270
just going to throw out some warm weather feminine and feminine-leaning unisex scents i really like

Diptyque Tam Dao
L'Artisan Passage d'Enfer
Tom Ford Private Blend Champaca Absolute
A Lab On Fire What We Do In Paris Is Secret
Le Labo Lys 41
Le Lebo Bergamote 22
Hermes Mandarine Ambree

you'd probably be most interested those first three or four
>>
>>10595624
>So I'd be better off using the fragrances I mentioned only occasionally?
Don't take it too seriously. DHI is typically used more for nights out, and my suggestions are more everyday. But at 19 you can mix it up all you want.
>Burberry London
Also very good. Definitely check it out if you haven't.
>>
got thierry m pure malt and it just smells like cheap whisky, I'm gonna sell it on ebay senpai
>>
>>10599281
Age? I feel like it would be hard to pull off at 18 from what I've heard
>>
>>10600535
it's fine for young people
>>
>>10599057
I'm pretty sure, I will buy their kokorico! But most likely not before Christmas, I have to see.
I only smelled and wore it once, so I dont think I could spot a difference if it was a good fake.
I will provide detailed pictures of the packaging and flacon.

(Do companies that sell fakes use real, empty flacons?)
>>
>>10600153
What do you mean "dirty"?
>>
>>10599068
M7
>>
>>10601164
Oud Absolu or the discontinued original? I'm tempted to buy a large decant of the original from Decantshop since there is no telling when it will run out.
>>
>>10599112
>man
>smelling like flowers

you gay, son?
>>
>>10600822
Go for it. You're probably fine.

From what I've read, outright fakes are usually pretty obvious, and unlikely from a German company anyways. It could be marked down for having been shipped or stored improperly (or they just don't know how it was handled). But if it's gekippt because of something like that, they'll probably refund you.
>>
>>10602119
No one thinks "he smells like a girl"
>>
File: 1350521977676.jpg (39 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1350521977676.jpg
39 KB, 380x380
>African leather
>meme paris
>>
File: bitch i am fabulous.gif (1016 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
bitch i am fabulous.gif
1016 KB, 500x665
>>10602119

Only for you, senpai.
>>
File: image.jpg (336 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
336 KB, 1200x1500
Thoughts?
>>
>>10603227
Classic. Beautiful yet mature scent, might come off as a bit 'dad-ish' or dated though, probably wouldn't recommend to anyone under 30. All the flankers are worth checking out as well, especially Eau Sauvage Parfum
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 450x450
>>10603250
Thanks. I'll pass on it then.
I'm also thinking about copping L'Homme Parfum Intense since I love L'Homme and La Nuit.
>>
>>10603250
dadish?
what
its kinda woody/spicy
not dadish
perfectly okay for a summer day and its only that overly spicy amount for the first 30 minutes it on
>>
>>10603283
>woody/spicy
this describes like 2/3 of all scents marketed to men; more than a few are going to be "dadish," especially one that has been around for 50 years like Eau Sauvage
>>
>>10603366
also, Eau Sauvage is citrus more than anything
>>
>>10603227
One of the best citruses up there, and imo don't think it's dated or inappropriate for guys in their 20s
>>
Is jpg kokorico mostly/only okay for business(/casual)?
I tried it because of >>10595442 and really liked it but no idea if it suits my style desu senpai
>>
>>10604138
I have kokorico. It's pretty hit or miss and pretty niche. Not everyone will like it
>>
Suggestions please

German guy, 23, so far liked bleu de Chanel but every pleb has it and that's not my thing. For summer boss orange was actually an ok fragrance.

For the evening right now Bulgari man in black. Kinda like it and get compliments.

Also enjoyed acqua di Parma Oud but it's kinda too expensive for me because most days I forget putting perfume on.
>>
>>10604239
>too expensive for me because most days I forget putting perfume on.
wouldn't it best to get the expensive shit, then? perfume practically lasts forever unless you keep it in the sun
>>
>>10604210
>pretty niche
wut. how is it like a niche fragrance?
>>
>>10604252
Only certain people will like it's strong fig+cocoa, it's not for everyone so only a specialized group will like it.
I've only worn mine out once, and I use one spray because if you overspray, you're done.
>>
>>10604284
one pffshhh on your whole body?

where do you spray it?
>>
>>10604300
On that area between my neck and chest. Like I said it can get too strong and the fact that most people will dislike it so be careful with overspraying.
Also make sure the weather is cold too
>>
>>10604284
Oh, niche in the original sense of the word, not what it means re: fragrance. Gotcha.
>>
>>10603268
What do you guys think about this
>>
Providing opinions of these samples I just bought

>Creed: Green Irish Tweed
pretty meh, overhyped, smells sporty
>Creed: Millesime Imperial
same as above but more of a dank, cloudy smell
>MDCI: Invasion Barbare
smells refined, mature and fruity. holds its scent well, too. i recommend it.
>Tom Ford: Private Blend Tobacco Vanille
amazing, smells like a warm, luxury scented coffee shop with snow outside. hints of cinnamon and vanilla. holds its smells well.
>Versace: The Dreamer
smells smooth and golden but takes a while to smell nice. straight out the bottle it smells medical and intense but it evens out to something nice.
>Montale: Eau de Parfum
not good, smells like body spray applied in abundance. cannot recommend.
>>
File: eau_missions_couvent_minimes_2.jpg (70 KB, 398x461) Image search: [Google]
eau_missions_couvent_minimes_2.jpg
70 KB, 398x461
This stuff any good?
>>
>>10605041
>Montale: Eau de Parfum
Which one? There are dozens of Montale and all EdPs

>more TV love
Ugh, I want this meme to die. It just smells like a vanilla chai latte to me.
>>
>>10605249
bitches love vanilla chai lattes
>>
Fragrance suggesitions would be appreciated

>price range
40-80$

>age

>country
Norway

>climate
winter

>use
everyday
>>
>>10595300
Jesus, you guys seem to know everything about scents. It's pretty cool.

I just started coming here and I was looking for some suggestions. I don't even know where to begin so a good first time frag would be nice.

Anyways, here are some stats:
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 160 lbs
Skin/eye color: tan with brown hair and eyes (I'm half Asian/ half white).
Price: <100
Style: Not sure, sorry I just got here.

I would like a fairly warm and inviting scent that's mature but not over the top/try hard if that makes any sense. Definitely warm though.

I'd like to use it everyday but any suggestions for a cologne I could use for special events/nights out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot guys.
>>
Anyone familiar with fragrancenet.com? I am about to cop Burberry London for $28 but was curious if anyone here used the site. For the most part people seem to say they are fine, if anything they might have older stock and such.
>>
>>10605708
Terre d'Hermes
Dior Homme Intense
Burberry London
Gucci Pour Homme II
>>
>>10605708
Diptyque Eau Duelle
vanilla & cardamom are the main notes
get the eau de toilette version, it's more versatile than the eau de parfum and performs about the same
it is at the edge of your budget though, $85-95 for a 50 mL, and it's fairly linear
>>
>>10605249
>smells like a vanilla chai latte
What? No, it doesn't.
>>
designer plebs please go home
serge lutens or better
>>
>>10606282
>Serge Lutens
I want a bell jar of Borneo 1834 so bad, but $300 tho senpai

At least a lot of their other scents are (relatively) reasonably priced. Probably going to cop either Chergui or Gris Clair, maybe both.
>>
I've started wearing Boss Bottled for the Winter. It's fairly inexpensive and I like the scent, although at first I really didn't like it, smelt brash and sickly, but now I appreciate it.

I would like something else though, perhaps of a similar nature, although I want it to last longer and project a little more. I am thinking of Spicebomb Extreme although I haven't found any samples of it so far. Blind buy?

What other Winter scents might be good for me? I'll spend up to £80. Should I just dive in for Spicebomb Extreme?
>>
Anyone use perfume.com? I see they have a very cheap Terre D'Hermes Parfum (200ml for £95 and £10 shipping). A reliable seller?
>>
>>10606282
>designer plebs please go home
ikr

Burberry London a /frag/ favorite? People unironically rec'ing YSL L'Homme? top kek
>>
>>10607284
No one is recommending YSL L'homme.
>>
>>10605727
it's fine.
>>
>>10605727
Yeah, they are legit
>>
If you could pick two out of these choices what would they be and why?

Carolina Herrera CH Men
Givenchy Play Intense
Fan di Fendi Pour Homme
Burberry London
L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme
Ermenegildo Zegna Intenso
Bvlgari Man In Black
>>
>>10606282
>>10607284
>falling for the niche meme
good goy
>>
>>10607395
Two bottles of L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme
>>
>>10607395
>>10607463
seconding LIDG

by far the best out of that lot: complex, ageless, versatile, attractive, elegant; a definite crowdpleaser that doest scream out "I'm wearing perfume!"
>>
>>10606997
have you tried Boss Bottled Intense? it's a cool weather version of Boss Bottled

also
JPG Le Male
Chanel Egoiste
Montblanc Individuel
>>
>>10606997
I swapped my Boss Bottled, I have other stuff that outclasses it.
>>
>>10607395
>L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme
>Bvlgari Man in Black
these
>>
What do I get if I want to smell like a pina colada?
>>
>>10608109
better taste desu.
>>
>>10607395
London because best frag
Play because second best frag
>>
>>10608109
smelling like a mojito would be better
>>
>>10609166
Probably right, what smells like a mojito then?
>>
File: Set Sail St. Barts for Men.jpg (26 KB, 600x317) Image search: [Google]
Set Sail St. Barts for Men.jpg
26 KB, 600x317
>>10609171
How about a margarita? A summer favorite cheapie. I drench myself in this shit and love it. Worst name ever though.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 640x852
California
Style is usually pic related. Dark jeans black shirt(grey-black clothing)
Winter use cold/chilly in the a.m. But starts to warm up by 2 and begins to get cold again right after
Basic everyday use and maybe a special fragrance for dates/functions
Tried Prada Luna rossa, and Burberry sport. Loved YSL la nuit
Mainly like vanilla, leather,tobacco and woody and thick feeling smells if that makes sense. Think the opposite of light airy flowery and fruity smells.
Still developing a cologne preference but I know I don't like the colorful and fruity smells.
>>
>>10609863
Dior Fahrenheit
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Leather
Theiry Mugler Pure Havane
Amouage Interlude Man
Dior Homme Intense
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
YSL M7
Chanel Egoiste
>>
>>10609869
>YSL M7
good job recommending discontinued scents
>>
File: endymion.jpg (156 KB, 1000x1250) Image search: [Google]
endymion.jpg
156 KB, 1000x1250
So I sampled this. I love the lavender and scent in general but the performance is awful. Anyone know of something similar?
>>
>>10605249
ah sorry, Montale Black Aoud. Also wasn't even aware that it is a meme, I like it and everyone I asked to smell it said it was their favourite they had ever smelled.
>>
>>10610097
>performance is awful
Yeah, literally gone in like a hour or two. Would also like to know what else is similar. Histoires de Parfum 1725 reminds me a little of Endymion, but not a whole lot
>>
>>10610097
>>10610200

So what are the uses of cologne? They don't last and they don't project. Is it something you would use immediately before a short event? I can't imagine me ever buying a cologne.
>>
File: Guerlain-Guerlain_Homme1.jpg (87 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Guerlain-Guerlain_Homme1.jpg
87 KB, 900x900
>>10609171
>>
File: GianfrancoFerre-FerreMan-M500.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
GianfrancoFerre-FerreMan-M500.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
Anyone else loves this fragrance? Not sure if it has been discontinued
>>
Summer fragance for a broke student?

I'm in australia.
>>
>>10611034
Nautica Voyage
>>
How do you chose your deodorants?
Do you use a special one for your edt/edp you are wearing that day?

Do you wear different scents with the same, lets say, sweatshirt? Doesn't the garments take over the smell?
>>
>>10611175
Unscented anti-perspirant deodorant.
>>
>>10611175
Unscented. Or at least lightly scented. 2bh, you aren't in a whole lot of danger in getting those fragrances mixing together unless you are wearing a spray deo or some real heavy bullshit like Axe or Old Spice (some Old Spices are OK tho)

If you are really paranoid, some houses make deos that match their fragrances so you can cop those if you want; they are never anti-perspirants, however.
>>
>>10611034
Lalique Pour Homme
Lalique White
>>
>>10609171
Creed Virgin Island Water, if you got the dosh: a mojito with shaved coconut on the side
>>
>>10611175
yeah what this guy said
>>10611195

I use pic related and it works like a hot damn.
>>
File: 30997118591.jpg (7 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
30997118591.jpg
7 KB, 224x224
>>10611571

forgot pic like a moron
>>
Let's settle this once and for all:

Dior Homme or Dior Homme Intense?
>>
>>10612511
Dior Homme
>>
Alrighty can anyone recommend a nice summery fragrance? Ausfag going into summer.

Have: YSL La Nuit, Dior Homme Parfum, Dior Sauvage, Burberry Men, D&G The One, a couple Calvin Kleins.

I generally don't like anything too "fresh". Thanks guys
>>
>>10613086
Oh, and price range is probably less than $100.
>>
>>10613086
Versace Eau Fraiche
D&G Light Blue
>>
>>10613086
Dior Homme Cologne
great for those 30-40+ degree days
>>
>>10598323
I bought Midnight in Paris and Encre Noire because of you wonderful faggots. They're both very nice fampai :^)

I have La Nuit as well but that's a meme outside of /fa/ too, you can't really take credit for that one.
>>
>>10598323
Wonderwood, kind of. Tried Kyoto which is more of an fa/fg meme, and then realized I preferred my wonderwood sample so I bought a bottle.

Lanvin Homme Sport and Avant Garde. Because for 20€ sure wtf not.

Spent 15€ on an Invasion Barbare sample. Smells like the laundry room in a low-rent building.

Also talked my way into some 4ml samples of Tom Ford TL, TV, OW and NdN. That's what I wear now to watch Netflix.
>>
>>10598323
I've sampled all the memes and semi-memes. Only ones I'd consider buying is GIT and TV (already received La Nuit as a Xmas present a few years back Kek)
>>
File: Guarlain - Heritage.jpg (128 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Guarlain - Heritage.jpg
128 KB, 750x750
I'm really on the fence on this. On one hand it's a beautiful fragrance, on the other, I'm 21 and not very masculine and not sure I can pull it off. Any opinions?
>>
>>10613936
wear it anyway
>>
Looking for an everyday fragrance.

>Climate
Cold
>Age
>Height
6'1

I do light to moderate cycling throughout the week.
>>
>people thinking age, height/weight, race, and hobbies matter in fragrance selection

overthinking it 2bh senpaitachi
>>
>>10611034
davidoff cool water
versace blue jeans
>>
>>10613086
All of these are awesome for summer/warmer weather and not your run-of-the-mill fresh citrus/aquatic

Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee
Chanel Platinum Egoiste
Dior Aqua Fahrenheit
Dior Homme Sport
Lalique White
Cartier Roadster
Voyage D'Hermes
Gier Ness
Carolina Herrera 212 Men
Bvlgari Aqva Amara
Ermenegildo Zegna Uomo
>>
>>10614842
blue jeans is the one i have already.

i'd like something different
>>
>>10614987
>Lalique White
>Bvlgari Aqva Amara
+2
>>
Paul Smith - Man

Paco Rabanne - Black XS
>>
>>10613243
>>10613245
gonna +1 all of these
longevity and silage is shit on the light blue tho
>>
>>10613243
>>10615617

Between L'homme, l'homme sport and eau fraiche, which would you pick.
>>
>>10615640
L'Homme Sport is pretty meh, L'Homme and Eau Fraiche are pretty different though with L'Homme being a fresh, spicy aromatic ginger-based scent and Eau Fraiche being a very summery/beachy aquatic

L'Homme is a lot more versatile but potentially a more common scent. Eau Fraiche is a fairly unique aquatic but it's pretty much only suitable for the high heat
>>
>>10615640
Not him, but check out Gingembre and L'homme Intense, too.
>>
File: tyre.jpg (36 KB, 366x275) Image search: [Google]
tyre.jpg
36 KB, 366x275
My best friend uses la nuit de l'homme and I fucking love that scent but I don't want to buy his signature fragance.

Any ideas of something in that vein?
>>
Anyone else hate the initial opening of perfumes, even the ones you love? The first 10-15 minutes are nigh unbearable to me, and I can only think of a couple that aren't.
>>
>>10615924
similar, but still clearly distinct:

>Burberry Brit for Men
shares that cardamom+ginger+tonka bean core La Nuit has

>Diptyque Eau Duelle
imagine if La Nuit had a vanilla base instead of a vetiver one
>>
>>10615949
Thanks, mate. I'll try the brit this week but it seems like it would only work in the winter, any ideas for the summer in that vein? So not the usual aquatic stuff, I guess.
>>
Alright what's the best summer vibe fragrance for day and nights out at rooftop bars etc..
>>
>>10615640
i live in 100+ weather for my summers so eau fraiche is a no brainer for me
l'homme has always been nasty to me tho
>>
>>10614191
Could you recommend a fragrance for an obese left-handed Seventh Day Adventist undertaker to wear to his 2nd cousin's (once removed) release from federal prison?
>>
>>10615929
I used to, but now I can' think of any that I mind. I even relish the first sprays of Kouros and A*Men.
>>
>>10616420
Secretions Magnifique :^)
>>
>>10615929
Noooo I'm the opposite, such a sucker for the opening then the drydown disappoints
>>
>>10615929
i used to think tobacco vanille and oud were too strong openers but i really love it now
>>
>>10616540
I still like a fragrance's opening, but only after it settles for a little bit, 5-15 minutes time usually. Before then, it just strikes me as heady and cloying, like cheap incense
>>
File: 1446166207811.png (195 KB, 460x526) Image search: [Google]
1446166207811.png
195 KB, 460x526
What is YOUR favorite note?
>>
>>10616681
Toss up between Ink and Seawater

anyone who disagrees is probably mentally retarded
>>
>>10616681
A few are amber, tobacco, beeswax
>>
>>10616681
Coffee and lavender.
>>
>>10616681
cardamom

other faves are lily, labdanum, anise, and patchouli
>>
>>10616018
Un jardin sur le toit.
>>
>>10617491
>hurr its name is "garden on the roof" so it must be good for rooftop bars and parties

it's quite feminine (though still on the edge of unisex), but it's not exactly an exciting scent; for relaxing days in the summer
>>
>>10616681
Hmmm this graph is flawed.

The nerd misses the handsomeness to be batman. Handsome nerds exist.
However you can't be a nice jerk or a smart dumb.
>>
File: ch.jpg (66 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
ch.jpg
66 KB, 500x344
I never see female fragrances mentioned in these threads... But I'm looking for a fragrance for a /fa/, mid 20's female... Needs to be somewhat hospital friendly (not likely to make sick people feel sicker)

For a friend... All I know is that she used to wear Marc Jacobs Daisy a few years ago, and somewhat likes Chanel No5

>pic is what I wear... She likes it
>>
>>10617629
D'Orsay Tilleul
Le Labo Bergamote 22
Hermes Eau de Mandarine Ambree
>>
I WANT A SEXY AF FRAGRANCE
>>
>>10617949
no such thing t.b.h. f.a.m.
>>
>>10617949
see >>10616532
>>
>>10617629
Do you work in a hospital? If so I thought you're not allowed to wear a perfume or some sort?
>>
>>10618366
i mean for real.

sexy fragrance anyone
>>
>>10618603
im also looking, as normie as possible
>>
>>10618659
Realistically? Just get something generic.

Dolce & Gabbana - The One, Davidoff - Cool Water, Paco Rabanne - One Million, Giorgio Armani - Acqua Di Gio or SOMETHING like that.

I'm pretentious and when I want to impress girls I wear some CB I Hate Perfume (which has SHIT sillage/longevity) but you know. His scents aren't "normie" status but people usually like them
>>
>>10618781
Yeah I would try but I heard the longivety is shit so not even gonna sample. Anything that normies will like is fine, doesn't have to be common, as long as girls think it's sexy and nice. Any more ideas?
>>
>>10618781
i want to get acqua di gio but i'm worried there are many scents like it out there, what do you think?

i don't care about other people using adg, i mean other perfumes that smell similarly.
>>
Issey Miyake all day
>>
>>10618898
Check out Acqua di Gio Essenza or Acqua Di Gio Profumo, both retain the DNA of the original but are much more interesting in my opinion (Essenza is an EDP concentration that comes off as a more refined and 'grown-up' version of the original and Profumo adds a really interesting incense note to the mix)
>>
File: 3423470485882.jpg (242 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
3423470485882.jpg
242 KB, 1600x1600
>>10619006
This is such an underrated fragrance
>>
>>10617754
>Le Labo Bergamote 22
that's not for guys? it's rec'd here semi-often
>>
>>10599311
AdP Colonia Leather
>>
>>10620218
>judging a fragrance based on a label
Definitely a man's fragrance more than a women's fragrance when you smell it
Most fragrances are unisex except the very floral ones which come off somewhat feminine
>>
>>10620689
>except the very floral ones
even then, I think guys can pull those off unless they are also sweet
>>
>>10620689
>>10620804
What are some good really floral scents for men, then?

PROTIP: there aren't any
>>
>>10621414
Rose Anonyme
>>
File: 007245.png (766 KB, 600x902) Image search: [Google]
007245.png
766 KB, 600x902
anyone here like wearing women's perfume sometimes rather than men's?
I'm all for the dissolution of gender barriers, but that's little to do with this, I just genuinely like how it smells.
>>
>>10621660
>anyone here like wearing women's perfume sometimes rather than men's?
I dont favor one over the other, more like I just ignore those distinctions re: fragrance. historically, perfume was unisex and "gender appropriateness" wasn't really thought about until the early 20th century, and these days most niche houses have gotten rid of thinking about fragrance that way (if anything, you'll see like 90% of their lines listed as unisex if they label at all; notable exceptions are Creed and Amouage). if anything, those labels are just a very simplistic guide for consumers.
>>
>>10621729
>>10621660
tl;dr there has never really been such things as "men's fragrance" or "women's fragrance"
>>
>>10621414
carnal flower
rose 31
portrait of a lady
incense rose
tubereuse criminelle
black aoud
tubereuse 3
gold man
rose oud
homage
geranium pour monsieur
reflection man
iris silver mist
>>
Has anyone purchased a 250ml decant from Tom Ford?
How many samples should I beg for to go with it
>>
Hey guys, I am looking for a fragrance with a kind of cucumbery smell, any suggestions?
>>
>>10622114
Bond no. 9 Wall Street
>>
>>10622042
free reign.
Don't beg, carry yourself like you deserve it for covering the day's payroll.
>>
>>10621729
thank you.
>>
desu
>>
>>10622042
>250ml decant
for what purpose?
>>
>>10622998
I already got a TV sample when I bought my cardholder and I've been wearing it every day since the weather started getting chillier
>>10622137
Got it anon
>>
>>10607321
>>10607284
what is wrong with YSL L'homme ?
>>
>>10623058
It's bland as fuck
>>
>>10623098
It's the first cologne I got so entry level I guess
I like it and have received compliments
>>
>>10623112
>>10623098
I like L'Homme but it's short lived and doesn't project much, or is it just me?
>>
>>10622042
>250ml
>decant
wat
>>
>>10623226
maybe i meant to say decanter or flacon
>>
>>10599281
London what? That is not very descriptive friend :(
>>
>>10623389
im going to assume he meant burberry london since its the most meme fragrance and we are all memes
he could be wearing tom ford london tho
>>
What's a good fragrence that isn't behind counters? I have a mate who just runs out with them and sells me them for a quarter of the price. Got a bottle of tommy for $20 and jayz gold (not as bad as it sounds) for 10..
>>
File: 51SnXoLeaXL._SL1000_.jpg (52 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
51SnXoLeaXL._SL1000_.jpg
52 KB, 1000x1000
What does /fa/ think of this? Is it really one of the best inexpensive scents?
>>
Declarations by cartier
Encre noire by lalique

Both got me tons of compliments from women for me, very different though.
>>
>>10618370
depends a lot on the job but generally as long as it is no stronger than a very fragrant soap or washing detergent you'll be fine.
>>
Want some fragrance suggestions.
>price range
$200
>climate
Any
>age
>style and use
I'm Asian and needing a more sophisticated and darker more luxurious smell.
>Own
Bond No. 9 I Love New York For All, Encre Noire, and Kenzo Jungle
>Sampled
Le Labo Rose 31, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Amouage Jubilation XXV, MDCI Invasion Barbare, and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

My current signature scent I'm using is the Bond No.9 I Love New York For All. I enjoy dark scents a lot. I prefer Vanilla, Leather, and Cacao notes.
>>
File: 71Y3-y6H0cL._SY355_.jpg (22 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
71Y3-y6H0cL._SY355_.jpg
22 KB, 355x355
>>10623691
I like this so much more, very similar to Gucci Pour Homme II
>>
>>10623389
>>10623406
plus you can only buy London at the TF boutique in London right now iirc, if it wasn't straight up discontinued
>>
>>10624212
Bois 1920 Oro 1920
Histoires de Parfum Noir Patchouli
Olfactive Studios Chambre Noire

what did you think of those scents you sampled?
>>
How's YSL nuit intense? I love the original Nuit and have 20% off coupon
Otherwise, any recommendation on something similar to la nuit?
>>
>>10624376
This. I'm looking for something similar to La Nuit.

I've heard Ferragamo Black is somewhat close, has anyone ever tried it here?
>>
First time interested in fragrance.
I don't know what I like desu, but I don't like "fresh" frags.

>price range
€70
>country
netherlands (cold and rainy)
>age
>style
Black/gray/dark green, "minimalism".
>use
everyday
>>
>>10624376
These often get compared to La Nuit:

Lanvin Avant Garde
Penhaligon's Endymion
Salvatore Ferragamo F Black
>>
>>10624376
>>10624422
>Penhaligon's Endymion
nowhere near La Nuit in my experience, it's lighter and not nearly as spicy; the lavender and coffee, the leather and bergamot to a lesser extent, are the stars in Endymion compared to the cardamom and vetiver in La Nuit

also, Endymion's projection, sillage, and longeavity are worse (despite being a better in the smell itself imo)

it's been posted here before, but Diptyque Eau Duelle is like a vanilla La Nuit
>>
>>10624422
>>10624464
I don't feel much La Nuit from Avant Garde either, I've tried yesterday and unless it was the wrong impression only at the end of it resembles La Nuit, for the first few hours I didn't liked it as much. Still curious about Ferragamo Black, I can only find this online.
>>
btw, how's la nuit parfum? better o worse than original?
>>
>>10624531
Worse and does not smell the same as the EdT version.
>>
>>10624357
I liked all of them. Le Labo is my least favorite of the bunch. Green Irish Tweed feels like an older and mature scent to me. It feels like wearing something a celeb would wear.
Jubilation was a great experience to smell. Although it transforms a whole bunch. So it is very situational. MDCI is great, but reminded me of Green Irish Tweed, but in the opposite end. Where as MDCI has a much colder smell, where as Irish Tweed is much more hotter/leafier. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille was pretty close to what I want, but very linear and kinda boring.

I'll look into those.
>>
>price range
£30-50
>country
scotlando (cold, rainy and grey)
>age
>style
fresh off the boat
>use
everyday

Some help would be appreciated, I'm pretty sensitive so something mellow would be appreciated.
>>
anyone know of any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals planned re: fragrances?
>>
>>10604836
Smell it in store yet?

It's not something I like as much as l'homme and la nuit, I won't be buying it personally.
>>
bump

/frag/ is dead ;_;
>>
>>10595442
>>10602371

I ordered it yesterday, will post again when I get it
>>
>>10627586
never
>>
>>10627586
There's too many people asking the same question. Oh, you're a 20-something male that wants something suitable for winter that already owns La nuit/L'homme/Bleu de Chanel but want something a bit more niche. Just lurk for five minutes, god damn it.
>>
>>10627586
good

generals are literally cancer
>>
Noob here, want to get something cheap that's reminiscent of leather and whisky
I don't mind if it's common, just want something I enjoy.
Any ideas?
Thanks
>>
>>10628037
Tim McGraw Southern Blend. You can get 1 fl oz for less than $10 if you know where to look.
>>
price range, climate/season, age, style, use (work/clubbing), notes/families you like/dislike and stuff you've tried and liked/disliked.
>price range
Under 40 dollars

>climate/season
Winter

>age

>style
khakis and work t-shirt and wool beanie and skate shoes

>use
Work

>notes/families you like/dislike and stuff you've tried and liked/disliked
haven't tried anything, senpai

I'm also known for being quiet so I want my smell to be quiet as well.
>>
Need some help desu

Wore Davidoff Cool Water for like one and a half year, liked it, got very positive comments about it BUT I want to wear something different.

19, max $100-$120, mostly warm climate but both warm and cold recs would be nice, casual use.
>>
>>10595300
Just to simplify everything and keep people from asking the same question ad nauseum:

If you are a guy looking for an f/w fragrance (mid-range price, non-niche), then cop Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme and/or Dior Homme
>>
>>10628510
What do you (and others) think of L'instant and Dior Homme' flankers like Eau Extreme, the edp- and Intense-version of Homme? I've zeroed in on L'instant or DH, but can't decide which version to pick.
>>
>>10628510
what are cheap alternatives to those? like shit you'd find at TJ Maxx?
>>
>>10628759
Midnight in Paris is very often compared to Dior Homme (and Intense). And it's very cheap.
>>
>>10628510
We should make a chart with the basic /fa/'s fav recs, so new people had something to start with.
>>
>>10628510
>>10628799
please do, I'm new to this and after reading this thread and the previous one in the archive I still don't know what to look for t b h

>>10628510
A lot of people (on basenotes and fragrantica) are saying these are more suited for older men, is this true?
>>
>>10628799
that's a fantastic idea. i'm busy now but i could make something later today. what should it look like?
>>
>>10628758
I own both LIdG and LIdGE, and frankly am not crazy about either of them, but I prefer LIdG, as the cacao note is just too forward and dry for my tastes in the Extreme version.

I also own DH, DH Cologne (vintage) and DHI (vintage), and while I love them all, I actually prefer the Cologne, as the iris/citrus balance is perfect IMO. 2nd favorite is DHI.
>>
>>10628795
Strange, I find MiP nothing like any DH I've tried. DH is iris and citrus and cocoa and MiP is anise, tea and leather. They both have a "creamy" feel to them, but are not alike in notes imo.
>>
File: MiP DH.png (3 KB, 326x38) Image search: [Google]
MiP DH.png
3 KB, 326x38
>>10628999
To be honest, I haven't personally smelled MiP, but a lot of people seem to make the connection. It mostly seem similar in the opening, though.
>>
>>10628863
I'd say it's more true for other /frag/ standards like Terre D'Hermes and GIT. For GIT I think you basically need a goatee and daughters.

I wouldn't say it's the case for DH or LIdG. They are sweet and fresh enough to work for anyone out of high school. For most occasions, anyway. They wouldn't go well with getting sloppy drunk at a house party.

Don't take any of it too seriously though.
>>
>>10628972
This >>10595366 is perhaps a good place to start? Maybe different "charts" for summer/spring and fall/winter? And with different price-points?
>>
would also like some fragrance suggestions

>price range
$80-100

>climate
fall days (particularly bay area)

>age

>style and use
something to go to school with. shouldn't be too overpowering

>tried
YSL L'Homme and La Nuit de L'Homme, Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey, Bvlgari Black , Versace Dreamer, Chanel Alliure Homme Sport

Out of the ones I've tried my favorite would probably by La Nuit de L'Homme and usually wear it at nights out. I didn't like the smell of Allure Homme Sport as it gives me a headache
>>
>>10628972
>>10629069
seconding the list
call them memes all you want but they didnt get here by being awful
>>
>>10629292
I'd say you do something like those Fragrance reviewers on YouTube did.

You have 6 categories:
- Signature/Daily scent
- Night Out scent
- Work scent
- Romantic scent
- Daring scent
- Upper class event scent

And split those 6 categories to Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter with 2 recommendations per category per season - 1 cheaper and 1 expensive.

We can vote on it or something in the length of a few weeks.
>>
>>10629256
These are sort of all of the place as far as styles go but I figured it wouldn't make too much sense to focus on one particular type. Gonna list a whole bunch because fuck it. Also, anyone else in this thread looking for cheaper/designer fall & winter fragrances can use this list as well

Armani Code
Boss Bottled
Burberry London
Bvlgari Man In Black
Carolina Herrera CH Men
Cartier Declaration
Chanel Allure Homme
Dior Homme
Dsquared2 Potion
Dolce & Gabbana The One
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
Ermenegildo Zegna Intenso
Ermenegilzo Zegna Forte
Fan di Fendi Pour Homme
Givenchy Pi
Givenchy Play Intense
Gucci Pour Homme II
Hanae Mori HiM
L'Occitane Eau des Baux
Lanvin Avant Garde
Mandarina Duck Pure Black
Mont Blanc Individuel
Mont Blanc Legend
Prada Amber Pour Homme
Polo Red Intense
Rochas Man
Salvatore Ferragamo F Black
Thierry Mugler Pure Malt/Pure Havane
Valentino Uomo
Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight In Paris
Versace Man
Versace The Dreamer
Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir
Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb
YSL La Nuit de L'Homme

All of these can easily be found for under $100 online
>>
>>10629415
I'd rec simplifying those categories

-daily scent (for work and/or school)
-night out/date scent
-special occasion scent

your "signature" will just be the one you enjoy the most, the one you grab when you don't really need to consider the occasion so much

personally, I only buy scents i love and only really consider the weather when choosing what to wear (the exception being never wear anything potentially overbearing at work/school)
>>
From the cheap memes
>Encre noir
>Burberry London
>Midnight in Paris
>Lanvin avant garde
Which two should I get first? One for daily use and one for dates.
>>
>>10629763
Yeah those seem better. 6 may be too much.

Made a google docs for anyone wishing to add suggestions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uVKa9d5VgewYI7s3UivIAZGh6XxVLCGRFqWmadT4r7o/edit?usp=sharing

We can add stuff then vote on it later and get like the top 3 or something.
>>
>>10629256
What did you think of L'Homme?
>>
>>10629415
We should really do this.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.