[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if you find yourself making threads or posts with the following:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: bortman.jpg (624 KB, 2304x3072) Image search: [Google]
bortman.jpg
624 KB, 2304x3072
if you find yourself making threads or posts with the following:

is ____ /fa/
is ____ a meme
falling for the ____ meme
____wave
____core
____ inspo
cuck
numale
fashion victim
laggard, early adopter

you should reevaluate your life
>>
>>11285353
>this thread again
>>
>>11285391
everyday until you like it
or until this board changes
>>
>>11285394
let's for a moment pretend that this is not a troll.
what threads would you then like anon?
>>
>>11285398
the better question for you to ask is "is any of what was listed acceptable behavior?"

if you answer yes, then you are part of the problem
>>
>>11285401
stop trying to avoid the question and answer
>>
>>11285353
>falling for the life reevaluation meme
>>
>>11285425
>>
>>11285426
See >>11285425
>>
>>11285431
see >>11285426
>>
Is re-evaluating your life effay?
>>
>>11285437
>>
>>11285353
the system kept flagging my post as spam

pic related is why you can't take anything here seriously

THIS BOARD IS TRASH
>>
>>11285461
I'm just here for fun and giggles, anyone who takes this place seriously probably should reevaluate his life tbqh
>>
>>11285461
agree with all these points

i'm not sure if the internet as a whole has grown more retarded or if this board just has a bad demographic
>>
>>11285353
i don't disagree, but why inspo threads?
>>
>>11285473
thats what i'm sayin

you can't take this place seriously

the people who are giving you advice almost certainly don't know how to fucking dress themselves.

the only fashion victims are /fa/shion tards
>>
Anyone who has the need to fall for the life reevaluation meme is a numale and a cuck and is far beyond ever being /fa/
>>
>>11285473
just because he's not spouting memes and posting like a fucking high school freshman does not mean he's taking this place more seriously than it should be

you sound like part of the problem and should reevaluate your life
>>
w2c shirt?
>>
>>11285478
not OP but inspo can be retarded sometimes.

like yeah that RO fit looks dope on that hot model smoking a cigarette under perfect lighing

but if you wear some of the inpso stuff IRL you'll look like a dipshit.
>>
>>11285478
Because you should find your own inspo by yourself instead of having others spoonfeed you, or else you will fall for another meme and should, therefore, reevaluate your life obviously.
>>
>>11285490
I'm the one he's replying to.

I literally said "you can't take anything here seriously"

don't yell at the dude, he gets it
>>
>>11285478

they just end up being picture dumps of the same rehashed shit by three people in the thread. might as well go to an imgur link or lookbook or tumblr

and what i'm really talking about is shit like (article of clothing) inspo. you don't need inspiration to wear a fucking piece of clothe unless you're a mouth breathing retard. inspiration threads should be for discussion of a particular style or ideology, if you're going to have something look "boots inspo" just make a "boots general thread"

here's more elaboration

>What's wrong with ___ inspo? They are some of the best threads. Also, while adding "wave" to random words is cancer, palewave is all right, as it prompts good discussion and inspo.

I don't know if you're aware, but the jargon "inspo" is derived from the word "inspiration", and maybe because it's such a retarded shorthand that people have come to make "inspiration" threads so loosely.

Tell me how exactly you're inspired or what you draw inspiration from when you see shit like
"shoe inspo" or "coat inspo" or "anime inspo"? These threads are just dumps of whatever the title of the thread is. There's no act of inspiring going on when people see a pair of shoes or a picture of an anime character and just replicate it. An example of an actual "inspiration thread" would be something like a discussion of unique fabrics and textures that would, stick with me here, "inspire" you to experiment with your outfit or perhaps make something yourself. Something less concrete would perhaps be artwork or cultural pieces that might inspire you to incorporate certain elements into what you're wearing, though I wouldn't expect a board full of meme spouting morons and high school children to be able to abstract such things.
>>
>>11285490
How do i into life-reevaluation core? Post some inspo please
>>
>>11285496
as much as youre meme-ing you're right

inspo threads trap newfags. they don't start from scratch and develop their own steez, they try and emulate inspo pics.
>>
>>11285504
>>
>>11285509
See >>11285425
>>
>>11285515
see >>11285426
>>
>>11285521
Is this a meme?
>>
>>11285495
i mean yeah, but that will happen everytime you see clothes on anyone else than yourself

>>11285496
well, im looking for my own inspo in the inspo threads. what should i do in your mind? go to the streets and look at strangers?

>>11285500
to me inspo threads are about finding some new garment that i like. im no fashion expert, i dont buy fashion magazines or go to fashion shows, but still i would like my wardrobe to not be stale. idk i thought thats what "inspo" threads are for. im a newfag though so bare with me. i agree though that more creative threads would have been a great addition.
>>
>>11285571
>go to the streets and look at strangers?

Well what do you think the fashion industry does?
>>
>>11285581
do i look like a fashion industry? i don't make my own clothes, that is a completely different process than buying shit and putting it together.
>>
>>11285571
If you want to develop a fashion taste you should precisely be doing what you just said
>go to the streets and look at strangers?
Observe what are the trends, what you like and what you don't and most importantly why
>i dont buy fashion magazines or go to fashion shows
Staying informed is also an important thing to achieve this

Your wardrobe will stay stale if you keep going to those rehashed "inspo" threads, making yourself a meme, a spoon-fed cuck/numale, and should reevaluate your life.

(Although it's a good babby's first now desu, but you should move on to doing what I just green texted after a couple weeks/months)
>>
>>11285601
i try to do that by looking at inspo threads, since im an lazy asocial fag. to be it seems that "going to inspo threads" is the equivalent of coppying everything that they post there, which of course some people do, but it in my opinion doesn't make them worthless. im too new, so i still see some new things in them, even if most of the pictures are posted daily.
>>
File: 1458360928300.jpg (41 KB, 348x367) Image search: [Google]
1458360928300.jpg
41 KB, 348x367
>/fa/ trying to cop /mu/ lingo
>>
why is /fa/ so bad at the usage of words?
>>
>>11285627
That's why I said they're probably a good baby's first. You should also focus on stopping being a "lazy asocial fag" too, will do you better than copying fit's on inspo threads in four channel.

>>11285670
What's a /mu/ tho
>>
>>11285679
-core was invented and is part and parcel of /mu/ culture

this blatant ripoff shows what cucks /fa/ is
>>
>>11285675
it's really surprising to me that they can't describe or explain aesthetics in a few words or sentences but instead need to loosely and incorrectly categorize a lot of styles into -cores and -waves
>>
>>11285683
>cucks
Please reevaluate life.
>>
>>11285683
>/mu/
>not one of the most cancerous places on the Internet
There's probably more bearable people on a fucking diaper furry mecha fetishist site. Anyone lurking or posting in /mu/ needs a healthy dose of bleach forced down their throat.
>>
>>11285691
/fa/ is not too far behind /mu/ you know
>>
>>11285683
Is being a delusional /mu/tant faggot /fa/?
>>
>>11285693
/fa/ is so far ahead of /mu/ I still check out /fa/ every once in a while but haven't checked out /mu/ for probably a year soon.
>>
>>11285706
dude what

i'm saying /fa/ is not too far behind in being a fucking shithole of a board like /mu/ is lmao
>>
>>11285717
I know, read my post again retard.
>>
>>11285729
maybe if you read your own post again you'd see it makes no fucking sense retard
>>
>>11285729
No insulting here please.
>>
>>11285699
>>11285691
>>11285689
t. cucks who can't even come up with their own sprache
>>
>>11285737
You said /fa/ isn't far ahead of /mu/, speaking in terms of quality. What I wrote was an extension of that: I implied that I never go on /mu/ because it's so fucking shit whereas I still come on /fa/ every once in a while because it can actually be good. If you can't even keep up with your own writing maybe you should finish High School first you fucking moron.

>>11285740
kys
>>
>>11285747
>t. cucks
Nice "own sprache" right there faggot
>>
>>11285748
>kys

Actually I won't, does that trigger you?
>>
>>11285760
It doesn't.
kys means kiss in Danish.
>>
>>11285748
>/mu/ is one of the most cancerous boards
>/fa/ is not too far behind /mu/ you know
the implication being that it is almost as cancerous, if not as cancerous
>/fa/ is so far ahead of /mu/ I still check out /fa/ every once in a while but haven't checked out /mu/ for probably a year soon.
the implication here given the context of what you quoted, or just based on fucking proper English, is that /fa/ is further ahead than /mu/ in being a shit hole, yet
> I still check out /fa/ every once in a while but haven't checked out /mu/ for probably a year soon
here you're implying that the quality of /fa/ is actually better than /mu/, which is reinforced by this post here >>11285748

in other words, you a colossal mongoloid whose first language is probably not english

try again, retard
>>
>>11285767
Damn you're seriously backpedaling this hard. Kill yourself or at least take your autism medication.
>>
>>11285748
>You said /fa/ isn't far ahead of /mu/
>/fa/ is not too far behind /mu/ you know
Looks like the problem here is you're fucking blind and can't read lmao. That, or you're retarded.
>>
>>11285775
get a load of this troglodyte lmao
>>
>>11285764
Oh sorry then for misunderstanding you kind anon, another kys for you ;)
>>
>>11285775
Take it easy anon. Also I suggest you get into life-reevaluation core.
>>
>>11285775
You have a highly questionable reading comprehension.
>>
>>11285353

sincere thank you
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.