[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The other watch thread was asking about good brands under 300.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: like.jpg (29 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
like.jpg
29 KB, 450x450
The other watch thread was asking about good brands under 300. I wanted to know specifically any great watches under 300 as well, but only steel wrist watches, and preferably that go well with standard college button down/khaki apparel. Any advice please? Trying to be more fashionable now that I'm in college. I really like pic related, but hate the stupid ass circle on the hand.
>>
>>11208145
this didnt deserve its own thread, faggot, and you are could have just asked in that other one or fuccboi general

kys
>>
S E I K O
E
I
K
O

Considered a good watch even by watch snobs, <$300, similar look to OP.

This the SKX007 model. SKX008, SKX013, and SKX015 can also work.
>>
>>11208162
I are could have just asked in that other one?
Shit man, I are going to now! I are very sorry about this, and will be sure to not be disrespectful to such an important and obviously not full of shit board!
>>
>>11208180
Don't listen to him, no one answers questions there and it's a slow board anyway.
>>
>>11208183
Yeah I realized. Part of the reason I made this thread. And I agree, which is another part of the reason I made the thread. Just recently started going on /fa/.
>>
>>11208188
In any case, you can't go wrong with a Seiko.

If you want something cheaper, you could order a Seiko 5, or an Orient Tristar. These are the most reliable mechanical watches under $300.

You could also buy a Vostok Amphibia, which are fucking indestructible but sometimes have poor quality control. I guess typical of a Soviet design.

If you're going to be wearing college-core, you might want to look into ribbon watchbands. J Press and O'Connell's sell some good ones.
>>
>>11208194
I found some that are generally quite expensive on sale on amazon. I'm stuck between two. What do you think?
http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Mens-SGG711-Titanium-Watch/dp/B000SSPML6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1461468440&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=SEIKO+SKX008

or
http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Mens-SGG707-Titanium-Watch/dp/B000WG1SZS/ref=sr_1_118?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1461468787&sr=1-118&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=Seiko
>>
>>11208209
I like the second a little more, although the 40mm size is quite large for a simple design like that. Have you thought about quartz vs mechanical for watches?

Btw, the price for those is most likely always the sale price, a permanent markdown is pretty common for watch sales on Amazon.
>>
>>11208213
I like the second more as well.
>quartz vs mechanical
Not at all, just recently started looking at watches, haven't paid much attention to that at all. I've really just been tunnel visioned on price and looks.
>>
>>11208213
It does seem to have a simple design though. I do want one that stands out. The only problem is, those are generally quite expensive.
>>
>>11208237
>I do want one that stands out.
You could go for an Orient Tristar with a colored dial. It's my daily watch, keeps good time, and is mechanical so I never need to change battery or anything like that. The color looks quite nice IRL.

http://www.amazon.com/Orient-BEM6Q004J-Standard-Winding-Automatic/dp/B002T9OZI8/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1461469809&sr=1-1&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=orient+tristar&refinements=p_89%3AOrient

The related section should show you a bunch of different dial options on the same basic movement.
>>
>>11208253
It doesn't look bad, but I'm more for generic black/white coloring. I know it's funny because I said that I want something that stands out. I don't know, I guess in more of a style way compared to colors. I do like that watch though.
>>
>>11208273
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XGQMRI?psc=1&smid=A1H5O70J1OHG7G

How is this one?
>>
>>11208286
Ha, I have that in another tab on chrome.
Then again, I have about 10 tabs of watches. I'm incredibly indecisive so I'm freaking the fuck out right now. I wish I was loaded, and could just buy an incredibly expensive really nice one. Such is life. Thanks for the help by the way. Appreciate it.
>>
>>11208291
Haha no problem, hope you can find a watch you like!
>>
>>11208293
I found one that really caught my eye.
I don't know why. It has the 3 extra pointless parts, but it does add to the "flashiness"
http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SSC321-Analog-Display-Quartz/dp/B00RZCWTUK/ref=sr_1_458?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1461470570&sr=1-458&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=Seiko&refinements=p_36%3A-14900
>>
>>11208145
Entry level Tissot or Certina.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.