[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clothes shopping in Canada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: 1459202294978.png (133 KB, 1000x846) Image search: [Google]
1459202294978.png
133 KB, 1000x846
Where do /fa/-bros cop their clothing in Canada?

Other then h&m and Zara we don't really have much places to shop for cheap - mid tier clothing.

Kind of wish they'd open that Uniqlo store in Toronto right about now.
>>
Well?
>>
a uniqlo is opening in the fall in toronto
>>
Thrift, UO, Topman (there's almost always one in The Bay), online
>>
>>11110947
>Thrift
My time is valuable, I can't look around for 6 hours to find a couple shirts that don't make me look homeless.

>online
Shipping + 25% higher prices than listed from US stores kind of butchers it.
>>
>>11110765
------------------------------------TORONTO STORES(that I've been to)-------------------------------------------------
Nomad: Easily one of the toronto favorites, pretty nice selection (raf, yeezy, great collection of CP's, etc...)

Haven: More upscale than nomad but still a nice place, recently started stocking rick owens as well as others such as cav empt

The Serpentine: very upscale store composed of mostly Rick, BBS, and Julius, I've heard they are quite snoody but I haven't experienced that probably since i wear mostly rick...

Jonathan and Olivia: Nice little place, very small men's section. One of the only Acne Studios suppliers I've found in toronto. I have found that they inflate their prices though.

The Bay: used to have one rack of rick owens, might have moved that to saks, idk, I haven't been there in a while. Mostly good for middle tier clothing, no huge designers other than like Alexander Wang, etc...

Saks Fifth Avenue: I went once on the opening day, they carried some balmain, dior homme, and some others. I'm quite sure they increased their prices.

CNTRBND: One of my favorites, cool atmosphere, loads of brands

Other than that, obviously you have your brand specific stores, but let's be honest... Who really shops at those other than upperclass housewives?

As a side note:
You're best off with grailed or ebay though if you're living in canada since most stores are inflating their prices to deal with the fucked up dollar recently.
Either that, or just wait and pray for good sales
>>
>>11110765
bump i need more places than h&m that aren't worth an arm and a leg, every local place in Montreal is so expensive.
>>
>>11110966
If we're talking those mall tier brands

Oak+Fort
COS

Are about that price range
>>
>>11110964
Nomad is fantastic. Also Gravity Pope on queen west as well carries a lot of great stuff
>>
Adding to the Toronto list:

Blue Button Shop: Almost exclusively carries domestic Japanese labels. Kapital, Fog Linen, Digawel, etc.

Working Title: Carries Gosha Rubchinsky, Stephan Schneider, Margaret Howell, Engineered Garments, etc.

Gravitypope: Kinda like a supermarket for shoes. J+O has the licencing to sell stuff in Ontario that Gravitypope can't (Alex Wang, etc.) Carries A.P.C, Comme des Garcons Shirt, Officine Creative, Marni, etc.

Sydney's: Carries Jil Sander, Kolor, Allen Edmonds, Kin

Ewanika: Womenswear boutique. Carries MM6, Maryam Nassir Zadeh, Samuji, as well as their own house brand and others.

V.S.P: Womenswear consignment store. Carries a little bit of everything. Yohji, Haider, Chanel, Dries, lots of Ann Demeulemeester. Very well-curated.
>>
hey Canada bros, I'm moving to Vancouver soon. Is Vancouver shit for clothing stores?
>>
Zellers is pretty good
>>
>>11111107
well, compared to rest of canada - no. compared to very big cities in other developed nations - yes.
>>
>>11111121
I cop Nofrills clothes desu
>>
File: 1458740501258.jpg (868 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1458740501258.jpg
868 KB, 1280x1280
best shops in vancouver?

there are dime a dozen of various thrift shops/vintage shops/whatever other shit, but all of them have shit selection. where do you shop van-bros? if you shop offline at all. you should, because online cops always fuck us up.
>>
i literally proxy everything, fuck buying shit with this dollar + taxes + customs and duties
>>
>>11111178
proxy like how? from jap stores or what do you mean

elaborate pls
>>
>>11111181
i got plugs that buy shit for me at EU pricing and then ship it over. Have to pay a small fee + shipping prices but I still save a ton.
>>
>>11111187
is it some kind of service or just personal acquaintances?
>>
>>11111190
you can use services for japan, zen market is decent, buyee is ok but pricier

zen market marks down prices

for EU stuff just find dudes on styleforum.
>>
>>>11111111
>>
>>11110765
if you're in ottawa you may as well give up and start shipping stuff over

trust me, ive tried
>>
>>11110765
>Kind of wish they'd open that Uniqlo store in Toronto right about now.
I know senpai, fall is so far away
>>
>>11111283
;-;
>>
>>11111111
>>
>>11111283
All I want is some decent shorts for summer.
>>
>>11111068
>>11110964
who r u
>>
>>11111235
Rideau centre and DT are great if you're not into high fashion tricky ricky
>>
>>11110765
Look around and order online. Sale season and outlets are where you win
>>
File: make-america-great.png (2 MB, 1200x1385) Image search: [Google]
make-america-great.png
2 MB, 1200x1385
I'm an Americunt and I buy almost everything online. If you're not doing this already you're a pleb. Unless you live in New York LA London Berlin Tokyo ect your local options are probably shit to be honest family.
>>
>>11111166

HAVEN
Neighbour
Roden Gray
w+h
RC
dutil
Gravity Pope
Niftydo
Nordstrom
Livestock
Stussy
Motherland

I usually check these places when downtown. I'm sure there are a lot more that I don't know about though.
>>
>>11111068

Working Title is the GOAT
>>
>>11111945
you check them all at in one day? dude yo're crazy!
>>
>>11111953

Oh God no haha. Most of them are in Gastown so those are easy to go to in the same day.
>>
>>11111973
went to frank and oak today, was pretty good! like finer h&m with very good staff.
>>
>>11111977

I've walked by there a bunch of times but have never gone in. I may need to check it out next time!
>>
>>11111011
Is that a joke lol? Both are quite expensive. Might as well throw Reiss into the list too
>>
File: S78705_01.jpg (124 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
S78705_01.jpg
124 KB, 1200x800
Anyone know if there's somewhere to cop these on van island, preferably around vic?
>>
>>11112095
You're asking where to cop very specific shoes in a very specific place... why not utilize Google to find places to buy kicks in Vancouver island. There can't possibly be that many

Really though, Adidas.ca always worked fine for me
>>
>>11111121
Zellers is dead my friend. Can thank Target for killing Walmarts competition then killing its self.
>>
>>11111692
Calling Rideau great is a bit of a stretch lol, a half of a topman and some hoity toity richfag stores and the place is swamped with smelly beggars and Africans all day
>>
>>11112827
You gotta go to Rideau Street and the boutiques in the market and learn to shoplift
>>
how's zara for a poorfag?
>>
>>11111945
thanks for the list, I've lived in vancouver around a year and I've never really bothered with clothes shopping in gastown. Anywhere else worth visiting?
>>
Can anyone recommend some shops in Montreal?
>>
>>11112095

I used to live in vic but haven't been in a while, but Complex would probably be your best bet?
>>
Try Toronto premium outlets, off the 401 headed west at trafalgar, pretty good clothes.
>>
>>11112095
Shoeme.ca is a great website plus all CAD
>>
>>11110765

I ship anywhere in canada for free ;)

https://www.grailed.com/users/4536-cameronmyleswalker/wardrobe
>>
>>11114620

Suspension Point: Carries Jan Jan Van Essche, For me D'expression, Lemaire, Peir Wu, etc.

WANT Apothecary: Carries Acne Studios, Arc'teryx Veilance, and other brands as well as their house brand WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie.

The SSENSE flagship is also in Montreal.
>>
>>11111011
yeah, COS is not in H&M's price point because they're owned by the same company

>>11110958
You have no thrift game, friend
>>
shopping inside canada is a shit show because of how weak the dollar is, anything decent is european or japanese and they're marked up + the exchange rate because of our retarded CBSA forcing everyone to raise their prices just to cover costs, it's cheaper to proxy from kapital's website than buy kapital from haven.

that being said Blue Button Shop, Suspension Point, Haven,SSENSE, the queen street HBC, the vancouver nordstrom and a couple other stores in van for womens are the best canada has to over, if you're in toronto and have money either buy gucci because it's fucking sick right now or fly to new york for the weekend and do some actual shopping
if you're vancouver you're in better shape but you would still be better to make a trip to LA if you can afford it, rodeo drive, rick owens, h lorenzo, maxfields is all you'll ever need

>>11110964
>>11111068
nomad is pretty shit, their staff is cool though

haven in toronto is ok, vancouver is better
J+O is shit for men
serpentine is shit overpriced and the staff are weird and follow you everywhere
the bay is goo for women, crappy for men, thought they carry some junya which is cool
saks is ehhhhhh ok
contraband is shit carry garbage pieces from some decent designers
gravity pope is shit, and their website is the biggest piece of shit ever
blue button shop is good but the prices make me laugh but, if you're buying japanese clothing in canada thats what you should expect
working title is pretty bad
uncle otis is bad carries norse projects and rando workwear crap

>>11111107
montreal > van > toronto when it comes to clothing stores

van has a good selection in their department stores for womens due to the ammount of chinese people there, their haven is great as well, montreal has ssense, simons, and suspension point which kind of shit on everything else in canada except haven and blue button shop
>>
>>11115094
> the vancouver nordstrom
I dunno man, I find it extremely shit for men. For women - yeah maybe.
>>
>>11115104
yeah for women it's good
for men....lol
>>
>>11111121
nice meme
>>
>>11114974
>a supreme hat
>150$
kys
>>
>>11114983
>SSENSE
thanks
>>
>>11112095
I ordered mine through a running store in vic, frontrunners maybe? If you ask nicely I'm pretty sure they'll order them in for you
>>
>>11110765
hate to break it to ya but H&M and Zara are low tier, with walmart lowest of the low tier.
>>
>>11111945
Pardon my ignorance, but what is RC?
>>
>>11115749

Reigning Champ
>>
>>11114320

That list was pretty much all the stores I frequent. There are a few other ones I check out every once in a while although they're not /fa/:

Still Life
Antisocial
8th & Main
Patagonia
Arc'teryx
TNF
>>
File: 1427865753117.jpg (41 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1427865753117.jpg
41 KB, 396x385
>>11115753
Thanks man
>>
>>11112095
maybe complex. otherwise ur not gonna find them here, or on the island
>>
i just go to h&m at eaton centre nigga
>>
>>11110958
>my time is valuable
>posting on /fa/

fuck you man, you're lazy

joe fresh is great for cheap basics for beaver fuckboys
>>
>>11117434
i was there last weekend but it doesn't seem that much better than the one at yorkdale
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.