[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No idea how /fa/shion works need help bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: wake me up inside.gif (3 MB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.gif
3 MB, 280x200
I suck at fashion, I really do, I'm 6'4, male, white, and I do not under any circumstances want to look like a hipster.

How do I dress in a way that will look "good" to modern day millennial girls in the US?

Budget is moderate, I can spend a few hundred dollars but don't want to spend any more, and would like to spend even less than that if I can.
>>
full rick
>>
>>11105167
How old are you? 19/20?

Idk man it depends on the type of girl you're going for, "millennial" is too broad a term unless you mean basic bitches, the 19yo girls i hang with like vidya and anime so they love stupid anime shirts I wear

As far as basic fits, palewave looks pretty good on white dudes, maybe classic Americana. Really depends where you live
>>
>>11105167
We're going to need proportion and current clothing pics, stat.
>>
>>11105167
Just a well fitting shirt, some jeans/joggers and chucks senpai

That's what most dudes wear
>>
>>11105183
I get that its possible to sort of fine tune your exact style to specific girls but I go to a college that is massive and its in the middle of a city so I really need a look that is just "good", like "I like what I see" to most girls in general; 18-24, college aged, city, statistically most are white, etc

>>11105191
6'4 height, 247 pounds, on a protein sparing modified fast to rapidly drop the fat, and doing extreme exercise to help too and build up muscle, I've lost like 25 pounds in 3 weeks and I'm not stopping until I look good, also on Friday I did an hour and 45 mins of basket ball, 2 hours of dodgeball, and half an hour of full body weight training.

Current clothes are no good, that's why I made this thread.

>>11105193
I wanna look better than most dudes
>>
Get a tailor
>>
>>11105199
check out tuxbell.com, read the recommended articles.
check out infographics on young-stalin.com
seek out inspo, get a feel for what looks cool to you AND would look good on you.

if you see something you like, do ask the poster where to cop the item ("w2c")

and since you wanted to look better than most, the first things you should focus on are good fit and color coordination.
>>
>>11105199
honestly man just buy basic prep sht while not fading into frat territory
if you want to please everyone, that's the way to go. it's casual and smart and affiliated with middle class and up white people. it's also established so you don't have to step out of your autistic comfort zone because you're scared you'll look like a hipster
>>
>>11105167
With your needs and budget get everything at h&m or uniqlo to start with it's cheap enough that you can get several interchangeable outfits
>>
black bomber
white shirt
navy sweater
grey wool trousers
black jeans
white sneakers
black chelsea boots
white and black t shirt
black shorts
black socks

thats all you need if you wanna look good. also pack in some muscle and go ottermode
>>
>>11105690
he wanted to impress girls, not regular berghain patrons
>>
>>11105710
most girls idea of a well dressed man is a guy with a bomber, jeans, and sneakers you faggot. also, he gets to spend the least amount of money here
>>
Did you try reading the guide already?
>>
File: 815426.jpg (3 MB, 7360x4912) Image search: [Google]
815426.jpg
3 MB, 7360x4912
>>11105551
I've read that good colors for me are darker colors, and a dark green is acceptable too

>>11105587
I do like prep, what are some good places to buy?

>>11105598
I'll look into it

>>11105690
I don't think people would like that
>>
>>11105718
I mean the black and white
>>
File: 1431279433670.png (214 KB, 562x456) Image search: [Google]
1431279433670.png
214 KB, 562x456
>>11105167
White man come home
>>
>>11106096
>>11106114
so he doesn't need to worry about matching shit
>>
>>11106731
I can match fine if I'm given the proper matches

X color goes with Y color, so always put them together
>>
>>11105167
who even still uses the word hipster?
what is it even supposed to mean at this point?

just keep shopping at he gap buddy
>>
File: hipster2.jpg (486 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
hipster2.jpg
486 KB, 960x960
>>11106883
>>
>>11105171
What is full rick?
>>
just make sure that the clothing you buy (perfectly) fits you

then you can pull almost anything of
>>
>>11105690
Lol this is b8
>>
>>11107511
Outfit consisting solely of clothes designed by Rick Owens.
>>
>>11106968
at no point in time would that have been considered hipster

it is consistently a bad outfit at all points of time, though
>>
>>11106849
don't worry so much about being a hipster.
just follow the /fa/ guides (tuxbell).
it will give you some basic knowledge on looking good and style in general.
don't expect to be spoonfed on what to wear, you should form your own conception of style.
>>
to look acceptable to people with no fashion taste i.e. boring by any critical standard. just follow the /fa/ guides. there's definitely more to fashion than the guides and people will act like gurus after reading the guides but yeah, good starting base.
>>
>>11105167
>How do I dress in a way that will look "good" to modern day millennial girls in the US?
A noose
>>
Nobody likes being pandered to. If you put forth some effort in the way you dress, and you're confident in what you're wearing, people will notice. Follow the guides in the sticky. Remember that most people don't give a shit about how they dress.
>>
>>11105167
Not sure if they'll have clothes that fits you, but you'll probably want to go to Banana Republic and J Crew
If you don't have either of those near you, then you don't have to worry about how well you're dressed
>>
don't try other colors outside of black and white on shoes
>>
>>11105199
kek your face is aesthetic and you're built then it doesn't matter what you wear, ladies will be after you. You can just wear some basic ass shit: dark navy jeans, a slimmer pair of boots, crisp tee to show off muscles and maybe a dark brown jacket on colder days, and you're set for life mate. Avoid gross ass streetwear, like hightops and snapbacks, and dress like a manly man. A masculine 6'4 strong-looking dude will make most bitches wet, so just wear masculine clothes. Most /fa/ shit only looks good on skellies anyway
>>
>>11109018
*if your face is aesthetic

I don't actually know if you're attractive. If you're not, then just give up
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.