[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FRAGRANCE GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: 1433137030038.jpg (190 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1433137030038.jpg
190 KB, 900x900
Last thread near autosage >>11035169
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want.

Helpful info could include gender, price range, climate/season, use (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.
>>
File: frag guide.png (4 MB, 5560x3312) Image search: [Google]
frag guide.png
4 MB, 5560x3312
>>
File: 1457976793645.jpg (385 KB, 1024x614) Image search: [Google]
1457976793645.jpg
385 KB, 1024x614
>>11068074
Lookin for some spring fragrance. I like it rare, as I work in film industry (that's why I want it rare, cause everyone is in aqua di gio) and have beloved gf so I don't care about attracting chicks. I like the smell of lemon verbena, white tobbaco, silk vine and especially poppy wild flower.
>>
Tips for smokers please
>>
>>11068148
You'll still reek of cigarettes. You can't hide it. Believe me, I tried.

You both smell better - and you can smell the fragrances better, if you just quit. I did and it feels great. Can highly recc.

Otherwise your only rescue will be a obnoxiously high-sillage EdC.
>>
Recently ran out of what I generally use and am interested in a cologne for me (19m) that my boyfriend (19m) would enjoy.

I currently use Jean Paul Gaultier for men, but am looking for something that better lingers on my clothes without it seeming like I dumped perfume on all my clothes. I really like the smell of the JPG Eau de Toilette, but would like something that better "sticks" if that makes sense.

Interested in anything vanilla and wouldn't be opposed to something a little fruitier. I am not very knowledgeable regarding colognes, but if there is a more concentrated version of Jean Paul, that would definitely be of interest.
>>
>>11068353
fucking fag
>>
>>11068364
keep this edge out of /frag/ pls

>>11068353
you are very much welcome here
>>
>>11068353
Oh I smell something fruity all right.
Jk hope you find something good.
>>
>>11068353
Le labo Oud 27. It has fecal notes so it will probably turn you guys on. Seriously try it.
>>
>>11068364
can't spell fag without /fa/

>>11068420
>>11068424
kek thanks anons

>>11068428
I'll see if I can sample it somewhere since it's so expensive, but from the description and reviews it seems right up my alley.
>>
What are some good, cheap gourmands? I like A*Men but it's like 70 bucks per bottle and you can't get the flankers that are supposed to be superior around here anymore.
>>
>>11068068
You did good op

>>11068522
Rochas man is a good one.
>>
File: DSC_0386.jpg (819 KB, 2000x1322) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0386.jpg
819 KB, 2000x1322
Post collections and name your top three frags

I enjoy Bleecker Street, Aventus, and the Scent of Peace, in that order.
>>
>>11068620
Shit mate you only had a couple CK's and bleecker street the last thread you posted in. Where'd the rest come from? Haha.
>>
>>11068622
I have bad priorities and too many yen for my own good
>>
>>11068633
Quality stuff, you're acrewing a great collection
>>
>>11068620
>Curve
lel. middle-school core
>>
Help! Going to japan for a week and all the frag advice I have read basically say I'm better off not wearing any.

Can I get second opinions? I was thinking of wearing MI or Terre but if they're too loud I can switch to Gucci PHII, Bvlgari Homme Pour Extreme or Versace Man Eau Fraiche.
>>
>>11068620
Tastes change every week but right now -
> Dior Sauvage
> Bvlgari Man in Black
> Terre D'Hermes

I absolutely want to like Aventus but one co-worker thought I was wearing liniment, and another said it reminded him of what his grandmother used to wear.
>>
>>11068778
Is Japan particular about fragrance or something?

Buy a bottle of CK2 and rock the wasabi note in Tokyo.
>>
>>11068497
>right up my alley

IT NEVER ENDS
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 355x355
>>11068068
Any opinions on Terre d'Hermes Parfum vs EDP vs Eau Très Fraiche?

Parfum lasts forever but smells distinctly different from then EDT.
>>
>>11068620
How is Creed Aventus? Been thinking of getting it but haven't got my nose on it because no where around me sales it :/
>>
File: P12290270.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
P12290270.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
Got D&G Light Blue as a gift recently. I enjoy it, but I was curious about the general consensus
>>
>>11069078
The big chains around here don't have it either, I got lucky recently finding a small one that carries it. Have you tried smaller shops?
>>
File: nd.20541.jpg (64 KB, 300x433) Image search: [Google]
nd.20541.jpg
64 KB, 300x433
Underrated Scent:
>Rum, Leather, Tobacco, and Vanilla
>Smells Delicious, masculine, vaguely like a Rum and Coke
>Men and Women love it, complimented on it all the time
Has some flaws
>Pretty bad longevity, only lasts a couple of hours before becoming largely unnoticeable (Also a good thing, I don't like to smell strongly of a scent and this is perfect for me)
>Some people think it smells synthetic, but I think it just mixes poorly with some people's skin.
>DESU I really question people who complain about synthetics because almost every scent is made with synthetics now and almost all scent creators will tell you that there is absolutely no difference between natural chemicals and synthetics. I feel like people just identity certain scents of synthetic even if they're natural because they have created a certain idea of what synthetic scents smell like.
>>
>>11069316
It's really nice. I don't support D&G anymore because of their opinions about gay marriage, but it's a nice scent.
>>
>>11069078
I was skeptical of Aventus at first because it's memed so hard as the Best Frag Ever. So I bought a sample vial online before purchase, which is rare for me (I usually blind buy).

Seriously great fragrance in my opinion. As everyone says, it's a fruity woody smoky scent that projects like mad and lasts all day. I sold a decant to a coworker and can smell it on dude from ten feet away (he claims to only use a single spray). I think it's a very grown up scent that suits a range of casual and romantic uses. Not really a formal event frag to my nose, as it is a very assertive scent. Wouldn't wanna wear it to a job interview, for example.
>>
>>11069381
>Wouldn't wanna wear it to a job interview, for example.

Idk where you're from but most workplaces in North America ban scents and encourage workers not to wear them. There are very few cases where you should wear any scent to an interview.
>>
File: wew lad.png (56 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
56 KB, 223x226
>>11069342
You're that upset that a pair of Catholic homosexuals who've never said the first negative thing about homosexuality itself have conservative feelings about breeding children through surrogates on a large scale and raising them without a mother figure?

It's at least worth slowing down to think about. Homosexuality =/= gay marriage.
>>
File: nautica voyage.jpg (75 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
nautica voyage.jpg
75 KB, 1000x1000
I posted a couple threads back about getting a budget cologne to alternate Perry Ellis 360 Red. I picked up Nautica Voyage, Mont Blanc Individuel, and Versace Pour Homme.

I like Versace , very similar to Allure Homme Sport, but it doesn't last for me. Nautica is great, I love the sea salt smell. I would only wear it casually like doing something outside. Individuel I did not like at all. It smells like yogurt.

I love Polo Black too but doesn't last at all.
>>
>>11069548
Check out 360 Black too. I fucking love that stuff. And the best thing is it's so dirt cheap I can spray it on me every day as much as I want even when I just stay at home and do jack shit.
>>
>>11069605
Thanks I'll check it out. I am looking for a night/date cologne and this looks perfect.
>>
>>11069326
might try but I honestly doubt it desu
>>
>>11069532
> You're that upset that a pair of Catholic homosexuals who've never said the first negative thing about homosexuality itself have conservative feelings about breeding children through surrogates on a large scale and raising them without a mother figure?

Yes. They don't think that gay people can be proper parents and argue that parents need a mother figure and I disagree with them.

Also Catholic homosexuals are fucking stupid. Their church only accepts them if they're abstinent or continuously apologize for having sex. I can't imagine how self-loathing they are.
>>
>>11068975
eTF is the best thing I have ever smelled bar none. it is perfection every field. the EDT is quite good too, and I feel it is great for the fall or winter despite being a citrus scent.
The Parfum I don't have any experience with, I haven't had any issue with longevity on the other Hermes, although my nose can be weird sometimes.
>>
>>11069817
Not even catholic, but you seem to be implying that someone's preference in sexual partners must be the most important thing in their lives. That's maybe a position you should step back from if you want to understand anyone who doesn't let their own ego and dick rule their lives.

Most Catholics believe that they have found a set of rules and organizing principles that can lead to a harmonious society. If you truly believe that, then abstaining from sex to contribute to that harmony seems quite reasonable and doesn't require you to hate yourself.

Do you think all priests hate themselves because they're supposed to be abstinent? What about heterosexual Christians who abstain until marriage?

I disagree with them too, but this take that they're some sort of twisted fuckups is very myopic.
>>
>>11069844
I never tried the etf until recently because I thought it was just gonna be a watered down version of the edt. I still need to try it on my skin but quite liked it when I first smelled it.
>>
>>11069847
Adding to this, Catholics believe that the union of a man and a woman is an earthly demonstration of many spiritual concepts, such as God's dual nature and the relationship between God and the church.

As Catholics, Dolce and Gabbana almost certainly see this as the highest purpose of the sacrament of marriage, and so even if they have decided to be sexually active or otherwise sin, they would believe that they are doing less harm than if they tried to involve themselves in a sacrament that would be nonsense to them.
>>
File: 71RZnrpSPNL._SL1500_.jpg (201 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71RZnrpSPNL._SL1500_.jpg
201 KB, 1500x1500
>>11069532
>>11069817
>>11069847
>>11069857
>>>/pol/
>>
>>11069941
w2c Trump fragrances?
>>
>>11069968
Fragrancenet has some Trump colognes. I'm tempted to try Success.
>>
File: image.png (74 KB, 734x1002) Image search: [Google]
image.png
74 KB, 734x1002
can someone recommend me a good parsley scent for spring?

thanx for ur help, fellow herb-bros
>>
File: 82447515_000_31.jpg (16 KB, 656x656) Image search: [Google]
82447515_000_31.jpg
16 KB, 656x656
r8?
>>
Which one should I cop?
1.Bvlgari Aqva
2. Bvlgari Aqva Marine
>>
Looking for a summer night perfume! What I own currently:

- Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
- Terre D'Hermes
- Guerlain Vetiver

Any suggestions?
>>
>>11068790
Who cares. I had one guy telling me that some old lady had put on perfume and he was talking about Vetiver. I like it and couldn't care less what he thinks really.
>>
can i get some ideas?

i don't like cedar, vetiver, or sandalwood. nor do i like "spicy" smells. i want something gourmand but not cloying. any fruit is okay with me.

anybody got any recs?
>>
>>11070533
also r8?
>>
File: jessica chastain bubblegum 5.gif (2 MB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
jessica chastain bubblegum 5.gif
2 MB, 245x150
>>11070533
I bought it last week and it's sweet, like really sweet smelling. A girl at Ulta told me she loved the scent so I tried it and picked it up online cheaper. It's projection is weak and doesn't last long.

I also got Versace Pour Homme last week too and I'm really happy with it. Only thing that it doesn't last long. Nice and fresh really similar to Allure Homme Sport in the opening and a lighter dry down scent.

>>11070940
I haven't tried Blue but Voyage is good.
>>
>>11070217
i dont know any parsley scents, but if you like herbal fragrances try Un Parfum de Charme et Feuilles by The Different Company. it's my favorite herbal
>>
>>11071060
>It's projection is weak and doesn't last long
yeah thats my only gripe about both my perfumes
>>
>>11070533
i like it. decent projection but doesnt last tht long. also kind of gets shaving creamy
>>
>>11071099
>both
georgecostanzasmirk.png

come back when you've dropped 1k on perfumes, fuccboi
>>
>>11069941
In other words:
> you liberals can keep bickering among yourselves until trump rounds you up into camps
>>
>>11070827
Guerlain L'Homme Ideal cologne maybe
Lacoste Red
Boss Bottled
>>
>>11071060

Yeah I love versace pour homme but lasts about 10 minutes
>>
Last night I apply DHI for the first time just for experiment; well I felt that smell is some kind familiar, like I had it in my memories but I never smell this (this weird type of nostalgia was beautiful); than, with every wind blow I felt that smell is rising up again. But on the other hand, no compliments and I'm not sure do i like the smell or just feelings that it evokes. I'm going to continue this experiment and see what happens. But still I don't get it how this fragrance could have like shitloads of good reviews, to me is like something only few could feel/love.
>>
Is chanel allure homme sport decent? overused?
>>
File: nd.1681.jpg (54 KB, 300x419) Image search: [Google]
nd.1681.jpg
54 KB, 300x419
Saw this one a lot and was able to pick up 100mls for 30 bucks. It's very much a sunny-day scent, but I have a problem:
How can I make it last longer when sweating? Scents already don't last long on me as is, and sweating just fucks my shit up all the way
>>
what perfumes smell like lapsang souchong tea?
>>
File: nd.430.jpg (33 KB, 300x410) Image search: [Google]
nd.430.jpg
33 KB, 300x410
Just ordered some Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, I need something to do me until pay day at the end of the month and was only £25 inducing delivery. What are your opinions on it though?
>>
>just tried L'instant de Guerlin
That's really nice. But too expensive honestly.
What are some good perfum <30 bucks?
>>
>>11072704
Nautica voyage, Perry Ellis 360° Red and 360° Black, Montblanc Individuel, CK One Shock
>>
>>11072724
thanks!
>>
>>11072571
Just one hour
>>
>>11072704
>L'instant de Guerlin
>too expensive
holy kek
>>
>>11072859
not everyone can/want to put 80 bucks on something he may regret or dislike after a few days.
>>
File: nd.18021.jpg (56 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
nd.18021.jpg
56 KB, 300x450
what do you guys think about this one?
>>
>>11068068
Anyone know a fragrance which mimics La nuit de l'homme but cheap?
>>
>>11072883
la nuit is cheap but F Ferragamo Black Salvatore kinda does and its cheaper
>>
>>11072868
iirc it's like in the $30-40 range online from reputable sites
>>
>>11072576
My lapsang souchong smells like a barbecue, they're even a sort of bacon note in it. Do you want to smell like a barbecue?
>>
>>11072576
Le Labo Patchouli 24, but the dry down is sweet
>>
>>11068148
Quit that shit.
>>
>>11068148
Don't expect fresh scents to hide cigarette odors. Tobacco / spice / cacao fragrances will be your friend. I mask weed smell using CK Shock, personally.
>>
>>11069341
a synthetic smell is differently from a synthetically created frag
a natural frag could have a synthetic smell but the idea of a synthetic smell isnt entirely a bad one
the way i see it is something that appears to smell largely of like chemicals like alcohol or something of the sort
>>
>>11069341

Shame about the longevity, but it is a nice scent. First thought when I smelled it was "It smells like a man." Masculine and delicious.
>>
>>11072571
not much you can do. Acqua di Parma can smell good, but I haven't tried one that ever worked as a cologne, they all have issues with longevity. I read that Italians would use the stuff to scent their handkerchiefs rather than as a cologne. what's left is to get a new perfume.
>>
>>11068144

Interesting choices, I would look into

Man In Black by Bvlgari to get a sort of mix of all your choices.
>>
File: aventus.jpg (9 KB, 316x355) Image search: [Google]
aventus.jpg
9 KB, 316x355
>>11069078

do yourself a favor, save some money and get yourself this clone of Aventus, its called Club De Nuit Intense Man by Armaf and it smells pretty much exactly like Aventus. Its powerful and lasts all day just like the original Aventus. I remember wearing this and about seven hours later I still get people who could smell it strongly.
>>
>>11069548

I'm glad you like those recs, I think I rec'd Polo Black, personally for me it lasts pretty long around 4-5 hours, how about you bro?
>>
>>11070533

Its alright, one of the better Lacoste scents but that's not saying much.

This definitely has a creamy scent with a little fruit in it. Kind of like yogurt flavored soft drinks if you ever had any.
>>
>>11070765

You only have three frags and Tuscan Leather is among them?

I would suggest Versace Pour Homme or Acqua Di Gio Profumo
>>
>>11072676

It's actually pretty good, it has a strong vanilla scent with other things going on top, if you looked at any review online the reviewer probably said that this has monster longevity, however the recent formulation made it to about average longevity at least from what I heard.
>>
>>11072868
>>11072932

Its true, you could probably get LIDG for about $35 on fragrancenet but LIDGE is around $40 for a 2.5 oz
>>
>>11074344
I mean I just wanna smell it first so hopefully I can find this somewhere. I don't mind buying Creed Aventus but it's just how does it smell to me and if it smells good. Thanks though will look into this one.
>>
File: o.37382.jpg (97 KB, 891x724) Image search: [Google]
o.37382.jpg
97 KB, 891x724
Anyone tried out Pure Tonka yet?
>>
>>11068620
How'd you like Gentlemen only by Givenchy? I'm thinking about buying it but I'm not sure whether it smells too artificial after settling
>>
>>11074447
sheeeiiiit
that change everything
>>
>>11074648
I have mixed feelings about Gentlemen Only. The short version is that it's a nice fragrance, but not really my style. There's just a bit too much spice in this blend for my taste, and the sweetness of the pink pepper gets tiring. It's also very linear, from opening spray to drydown. When I wear GO now I almost always layer it with Molecule 01 to fortify the cedar note and temper the sweetness.

I tried out the Casual Chic flanker at a Sephora and while it retains the original's character it is lighter and fresher smelling. You might want to test the two in person if that's an option. I see the OG GO as more of an evening or office fragrance and better for older men. I gave my father a sample vial to test out and hopefully he'll take the full bottle off of my hands in the future.
>>
>>11074344
Where can I buy it? (living in germany)
I found it only one time on ebay, but the shipping was 35€. Is there a internet store or smt?
>>
>>11074402
Yeah well I have other shitty ones too that I wear for sports, but I fell in love with TL and it's what got me in fragrances more in general. I bought Terre d'Hermes first because it's more appropriate for office, but then said fuck this and bought TL. Vetiver was a gift.

Thanks I'll check those recommendations out!
>>
>>11072877
Rosy vanilla for a start. Didn't like the drydown. Woody, bitter alcohol.
>>
Got Le Mâle from Jean Paul Gautier.
Smell really nice, quite close to L'instant Guerlain.
>>
>>11074447
The LIDGE product page on fragrancenet only has the LIDG picture on it

Seems fishy
>>
>>11075356

That's true, I think its something about how they're not calling it Extreme anymore and just calling it L'instant De Guerlain EDP, but I can't think of the source of that right now so don't quote me on that.

But for the most part, I do trust fragrancenet
>>
>>11074948

Sorry, can't help you there buddy, ebay is the place where I got mine
>>
>>11070533
Probably the only Lacoste I'd recommend. It's a good cheap(er) spring/summer frag. Not the best, but good.
>>
>>11074344
Doesn't this not have that pineapple smell, or am I thinking of some other clone?
>>
is Neroli Portifino supposed to smell so darn sour?
I got a bottle of 7411, because people said it smells very similar, but to me it just smells so unappealingly acrid.
>>
Recently bought :

Terre d`Hermes
and
Habit Rouge

I don't know how I feel about Habit Rouge
>>
>>11075780
i never liked NP and i like the majority of the stuff that tom ford puts out
>>11070765
hows the TDH?
im looking for a summer frag
i already asked this before but im looking for extra opinions now that the weather is finally warming up
currently own: versace eau fraiche and dior eau sauvage and i don't like the latter as much as the former, but either aren't up to my standard anymore
>>
>>11072704
l'instant de guerlain is under $30 for 2.5 oz on frangrancenet
>>
File: catooo.jpg (67 KB, 523x640) Image search: [Google]
catooo.jpg
67 KB, 523x640
>>11068975
I love all Terre d'Hermes fragrances, BUT... there is one major flaw which makes me stay away from them: The beginning is absolutely wonderful, divine and mesmerising, until the scent reaches its peak and starts to derive into this really off putting smell of 'old fart'.

It honestly smells like a pair of jeans that have been worn too long and some guy just continuously farted in them while sitting on his desk.
>>
>>11072676
It's a really wonderful smell that should be used extremely LIGHTLY. Seriously, be very easy on the trigger with it and hold the bottle far away from your body while spraying.

Also this scent's own popularity has buried its reputation. It's basically the obligatory scent of every high school boy who wants to court females. Also knife wielding, adolescent turks love this scent and literally bathe in it. Therefore you will definitely evoke some negativity when wearing it in public.
>>
>>11076237
Do you mean the tree sap / wood scent? Or after that?
>>
>>11075400
Thanks! Might actually buy it from them!
>>
>>11072934
There are many kinds of lapsang, Anon
>>
I'm going to be purchasinga new summer fragrance soon and I need your advice,
the two I'm choosing between are Fahrenheit Cologne and CdG Amazingreen. While neither of these seem to get much love within the fragrance community they fit me well and people have complimented me when i've worn them from samples. I usually wear Bleu de Chanel or Allure edition blanche. Was also thinking of buying Wonderoud but I don't think it fits the season.
>>
>>11075777

to be honest, some people say that the pineapple smell on this clone was replaced with a lemon note

but to my nose I could smell the pineapple note
>>
i wore l'instant de guerlain and my coworker said i smelled like a nursing home
>>
>>11077621
Maybe your natural scent is that of a senile octogenarian
>>
>>11074831
Thanks for the response, I've tried it in person and I can agree with the spice and pepper, it became irritating to my nose after a few hours of wear.

I do like it for its freshness and slight tang, but I think I'm going to have to look elsewhere.
>>
>>11076140
It doesn't deliver in my country.
>>
i dont know anything about fragrances but i got some free samples of some jo malone ones and they're cool

very fresh scents
>>
File: cn.jpg (166 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
cn.jpg
166 KB, 1600x1600
cop?
>>
>>11078708
I do like them a lot as well, but for the prices you pay, the longevity is infamously shite.
>>
>>11079059
longevity isn't bad compared to other EdCs like Acqua di Parma or Hermes stuff, and the prices are comparable, especially taking volume into account since JMs come in bottles twice the size (100 mL) for maybe ~$30-40 more than an AdP or Hermes that are mostly 50 mL

that's retail though. the biggest problem is that you can't really find Jo Malone stuff discounted anywhere
>>
>>11077621
I could see that. I thought it smelled like lime play-doh.
>>
>>11079155
>>11077621
lime? there's no lime. play-doh? nursing home? are you not getting any cacao? it's what I notice most. sure you aren't smelling the original L'Instant de Guerlain instead of L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme?
>>
Is Ultra Zest worth copping? I hear mixed reviews with some saying it's basically just the original after an hour or so.
>>
>>11079196
Well there's citrus. I've tried my sample twice and it made me feel sick both times. I didn't really pick up on any of the actual notes either other than the citrus. But I'll try it again sometime.
>>
Places to get Club de Nuit Intense from?
>>
>>11080001
Fuck off
>>
>>11079401
Yeah, still lime play-doh type smell, still makes me nauseous
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 500x281
>>11074344
I blind bought this on your recommendation. 35 on ebay isnt too bad. I'll report back when it comes in.
>>
File: curve cologne.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
curve cologne.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
>>11068758
Say what you will but Curve never fails to get compliments. Still smells great.
>>
>>11080679

awesome, you won't be let down buddy
>>
>>11070533
Yes, actually only decent one of LaCoste. Not worth the money though.
>>
I want interesting fragances but with very light smell.

I got reccomended the following
>Black Orchid
Gave me a headache, literally had to take a shower
>Coromandel
Couldn't find it
>Dior Homme and its flankers
Too many, some where good.
>Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
Sweet as in diabetic unicorn piss
>Sycomore
Couldn't find it
>>
>>11068620
Never tried any CK colognes. Which do you rec?
>>
>>11081081
Forgot to mention my top 3
Perry Ellis 360 Red
Versace Pour Homme
Polo Black
>>
>>11068148
switch to a nicotine gum or vaping desu yo. tobacco smoke is really hard to cover up with any kind of scent that you could get in a perfume.
>>
Anything similar to Burberry London that works in spring and summer? Or something that would work for me if that's my fall and winter fragrance.
>>
any summer/spring fragrances with warm weather right around the corner?
>>
>>11081140
Not similar at all to me, but Guerlain's Vetiver also has a prominent tobacco note, and is one of my favorite things to wear in the spring and especially summer. And I agree: London is the epitome of fall, specifically holidays, for some reason. I almost always wear it on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
>>
>>11080679
where did you baught it?
>>
>>11081210
could you ask a more broad question
>>
>>11082003
What are some good fragrances?
>>
>>11081067
coromandel and sycomore are part of chanel's exclusifs range. you need to go into a chanel boutique to try them
>>
File: hermeeeeeesssss.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hermeeeeeesssss.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
Bought this at a trip to Sephora with the lady. Can't believe how amazing it is, it is up there with Tobacco Vanille as one of my favorites.

I've also been gifted Spice Bomb. Can't say I enjoy it too much.

Does anybody have any ideas of good warm weather colognes? Usually use Curve Chill but its getting boring to use the same thing over and over. Please no Cool Water, I loathe that shit. I'd like to smell like fruits and ocean.
>>
>>11082382
ocean? How about cool water?
>>
>>11082575
ayyyyyy lmao
>>
>>11082600
thank you, I am here all night.
>>
>>11082382
Acqua di Gio fits what you're looking for if you haven't tried it already
>>
File: nd.19637.jpg (45 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
nd.19637.jpg
45 KB, 300x400
>>11082382
I'm enjoying GAP Est. 1969 Electric as a cheap spring fragrance. It's got citrus and aquatic notes with some green and florals mixed in for good measure. Under $20 delivered on most sites.
>>
>>11081081

To be honest, I personally do not like them, they don't stand out or seem unique to me, your personal top 3 is actually better than a lot of them.

But, the only Calvin Klein colognes worth owning/checking out is Euphoria Intense and Euphoria Gold
>>
>>11081210

L'Homme by YSL
Versace Pour Homme
Aventus by Creed
>>
>>11081081
CK One, Eternity Aqua, CK One Shock, and CK One Summer 2013 are among the better Calvin Klein frags. Never pay more than $25 US for a bottle. Other years' formulations of CK One Summer don't generally last as long as the 2013 and the scent changes every year. I don't personally enjoy the Eternity Summer editions.
>>
>>11080695
Saw this at Target. It was weak as hell.
>>
When the fuck does the new YSL L'homme flanker get released? I want to know if I can laugh at it or want to buy it.
>>
File: nd.28286.jpg (85 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
nd.28286.jpg
85 KB, 300x450
>>11082382
>>
File: 001127693.jpg (48 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
001127693.jpg
48 KB, 475x475
Getting this (Veltino Uomo) for free. Can anyone tell me if it's any good?
>>
>>11082382
>fruits and ocean
Clinique Happy For Men
Creed Imperial Millesime
>>
File: MountainLion.jpg (76 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
MountainLion.jpg
76 KB, 800x600
>>11080679
>35 on ebay isnt too bad.
>>11081957
>where did you baught it?
>>
>>11082382
You just bought a great summer frag. TdH really comes alive in the heat.
>fruits and ocean
You might like Set Sail St. Bart's for Men. One of my favorite summer cheapies.
>>
>>11083599
It's from Oliver Polge, the same guy who nosed DH, and it is in that ballpark, but sweeter and more gourmandy with less iris. It's a little too sweet for me, but if you like that, it's a very well constructed scent.
>>
>>11083378

lol I didn't even know about this new flanker,

after some research its called L'Homme Ultime and was supposedly released last February. Its an EDP version of the original L'Homme, the reviews on fragrantica are split, so you'd probably want to try it before you buy it. For the most part some people say it at least lasts longer than the original but the smell is less sweet and more fresh.
>>
>>11082382
>fruits and ocean
Virgin Island Water
>>
>>11084380
I've been keeping up with it since the announcement. Most of the reviews came before it was even supposedly out and only like a handful of people say they actually got their hands on it so far.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 1000x1333
>>11068074
Looking for some casual spring fragrance, mostly to go with everyday. Currently using pic related. It's subtle and nice, but smells a bit too "bright" for my taste. Prefer a bit darker and more masculine personally, while still not going into the strong and bold territory.

I'm a male, Caucasian, tall, ottermode and not really the extrovert type if that's relevant. The smell gotta fit the personality am I right?
>>
Thinking of getting Le Jardin De Monsieur Li by Hermes.
Although its quite expensive for an off-the-shelf fragrance (as Hermes tends to be).

I am generally more of a fan of lighter scents, especially for the summer. It has been critisised as 'boring', although to be that is what makes it so appealing.
>What do you think?

Current main scent is L'Eau D'Issey pour homme.
>>
>>11085992
CdG - Play Red and Play Green
>>
>>11083148
>summer
>l'homme

leave
>>
>>11072571
Where the FUCK did you get 100ml of ADP for $30?
Not a big fan of the original Colonia though.
>>
File: 56807f66ab.jpg (183 KB, 1187x884) Image search: [Google]
56807f66ab.jpg
183 KB, 1187x884
Was hoping I could get some recommendations, pic related - red hugo boss and lacoste square bottle are the ones i've been using for years and would prefer something similar to those, they are my year-round frags (other two in the back for hot days)

citrus top notes, vanilla/woody base notes, kind of sporty but not excessive, warm/refreshing
>>
>>11085992
Vetiver extraordinaire, wonderwood maybe? You just looking for woody scents or do you like other stuff? Sweet? Tobacco? Smoke/incense? Oud?
>>
>>11086240
Sup with you? It's light and fresh.
>>
>>11086314
I've never tried it, but I've heard Solo Loewe is good and more or less matches that description
>>
>>11086240
L'Homme =/= La Nuit
>>
File: 10153221.jpg (29 KB, 504x548) Image search: [Google]
10153221.jpg
29 KB, 504x548
I really like the sweet smell of Paco Rabanne - One Million. Is there a poorfag version of it? I've only tried a sample.

Currently wearing Davidoff Silver Shadow but it isn't sweet enough imo. Also, don't mind wearing women's perfume.
>>
File: FouLArtisanParfumeur.jpg (28 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
FouLArtisanParfumeur.jpg
28 KB, 425x425
this is godlike
>>
>>11087333
One Million already is the poorfag version of One Million
>>
>>11083321
Must be the new formulation. The green bottle that said Liz Claiborne on it lasted pretty long.
>>
>>11087356
kek
but yes, its true
>>
>>11087351
the dry down when the star anise starts to come in is amazing
>>
File: john varvatos john varvatos.jpg (55 KB, 300x396) Image search: [Google]
john varvatos john varvatos.jpg
55 KB, 300x396
So I just ran out of this and am looking for a warm weather replacement.
no idea where to start looking as it's pretty much a fall/winter frag
>>
>>11087351
i smell oud wood in this, didn't see anyone online making that comparison so maybe I'm wrong. great frag though
>>
>>11088430
Here are a few I really enjoy wearing for warm weather.

Versace Man: Eau Fraiche
Slightly on the generic aquatic side, but if you're wanting to scratch that itch this frag is nice because the woody notes make it stand out a little

YSL L'Homme
Fresh, Spicy, nice Ginger note, nice citrus

Chanel Allure Homme: Edition Blanche
Has the original Allure Homme vibe but a lemon cream pie accord.

Creed Virgin Island Water
imo this is a little less versatile but perfect for beach / tropical situation. Smells like malibu coconut rum.
>>
File: nd.721.jpg (37 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
nd.721.jpg
37 KB, 300x450
Is this ok for summer?
>>
>>11088891
Here's how to tell:
Step 1. Try fragrance
Step 2. Determine whether you like fragrance or not
Step 3. Decide if you will, or will not purchase fragrance
>>
File: TdH EtF.jpg (48 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
TdH EtF.jpg
48 KB, 300x450
>>11088430
>>
>>11089247
Why even have these threads
>>
>>11089247
yeah mate >>11089595 has a point.
No need to be a dick, he's just asking for a second opinion.
>>
>>11088891
It's a light scent so yeah, if you like it.
>>
>>11089595
>>11089607
it's for discussing fragrances

at least try it before asking such a stupid question
>>
>>11089631
And that's what he's doing. Asking a question about a fragrance doesn't constitute discussion of fragrances?
>>
File: dolphin wasted.gif (1 MB, 288x197) Image search: [Google]
dolphin wasted.gif
1 MB, 288x197
>>11088891
I have sampled it at a store and I just don't know if I like it. It's definitely a summer scent. One the one hand I like the floral aspect but on the other it just smells like mosquito repellent to me.
>>
>>11088891
There's a summer flanker that's more light and crisp that definitely works for summer
>>
>>11089247
that doesn't answer if it would be ok for summer
>>
>>11087333
There are serious alternatives to 1 million out there.
Tag Him Prestige by Armaf is supposed to be a clone of 1 million/1 million intense. This goes for around $25-$30 on ebay I believe.

Cuba Royal is probably the cheapest clone of 1 million and goes for $10-$15 on ebay. I would actually pay a bit more for the Armaf clone since Armaf is actually a Middle Eastern Niche house that specializes in high quality clones.

Another clone of 1 million is AB Spirit Millionaire by Lomani, it smells like an ultra synthetic version of 1 million that doesn't even last long. I don't even know why I brought this clone up, but if your interested it goes for around $25 and is not worth it.

There are also alternatives that just smell like 1 million.

There's Halloween Man by Jesus Del Pozo, its only supposed to smell like 1 million but not an exact copy, I think it goes for around $25-$30.

Surprisingly I find Boss Bottled Intense to smell similar to 1 million. It has the classic Boss Bottled smell amped up with the the 1 Million bubblegum scent. Best of all Boss Bottled Intense goes for around $35 for a 3.4 ml

Another is 212 VIP a bit more expensive but its a great alternative that has a sort of same vibe to 1 million and could be found around $40-$50
>>
>>11088803
I would also recommend these myself and probably also add in Versace Pour Homme
>>
>>11088891

I would say yes, but there are definitely better frags for the summer than this.
>>
File: 1457313040677.jpg (21 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1457313040677.jpg
21 KB, 570x570
I'm going on a vacation splurge this summer to a shit ton of places. And for the occasion I need a good fragrance.

What is the most TRUE aquatic fragrance I could wear? I don't mind spending a bit extra if it's really good. So free ball anything, please.

Thank you!
>>
>>11090027

Your best bets are Acqua Di Gio Profumo and Millesime Imperial by Creed
>>
>>11090027
Heeley Sel Marin
Creed EROLFA
cb i hate perfume At the Beach 1966
cb i hate perfume Eternal Return
>>
>>11090027
>>11090154
For pure ocean scent, Acqua di Gio Essenza is superior to Acqua di Gio Profumo, which has more spicy / incense notes.
>>
File: what's that smell.jpg (46 KB, 391x480) Image search: [Google]
what's that smell.jpg
46 KB, 391x480
I found a good price on this! Looks legit!
But seriously, I was going to buy a big bottle of Fahrenheit instead of the little samplers I buy. Instead, I thought I'd stop in here and see what the boys are wearing for spring/summer.
>>
>>11090288
Is that even legal? Also where can I get this from?
>>
>>11090299

I would think so, it doesn't claim to be Farenheit but their "version" of it.

This could work under the fair use copyright as a parody of the original lol

also, these very nasty low end clones are found in Walmarts and even small drug stores.
>>
>>11090288
Why buy a Fahrenheit clone when Axe Peace exists?
>>
File: 0719346021777.jpg (31 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
0719346021777.jpg
31 KB, 245x245
Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel Eau De Toilette, opinion?

Pretty cheap.
>>
>>11089923
Thank you.
>>
>>11087333
Axe Excite is the hardcore poorfag version of one million.
>>
>>11090488
There is a reason it's $3.99 at Ross everywhere

Smells like you sprayed yourself with lysol
>>
>>11090288
I wasn't sure you were serious. some place called manhatten perfumes is where I found the post. You mean, there could be the possibility it's not to shabby?
>>
i dont know how to feel about this one
>>
>>11090528
I ordered from Manhattan Perfumes once this year. They take like a full week to ship. Just be advised that you won't get your knockoff Fahrenheit until well into April.
>>
>>11089909
listen up retard

there is no definite answer for what season you should wear a fragrance. if you like it, fucking wear it whenever.
>>
>>11090613
Nigga I bet you wear white after Labor Day and shit
>>
>>11090613
do you wear big wool coats in the summer? enjoy being overbearing and smothering those around you while wearing heavy frags in the heat, dumbass
>>
File: 8f0.png (429 KB, 610x461) Image search: [Google]
8f0.png
429 KB, 610x461
>>11090613
>this guy
>>
>>11068353
>>11068364
>>11068420
Fucking fag indeed
>>
>>11090648
i bet you believe pheromones are real too.

as long as you don't overspray, you're good to go.

don't be so retarded
>>
>>11090701
one spray is too much for many cold weather frags. Tuscan Leather, Chergui, and pretty much anything boozy instantly come to mind; none of those will work in summer in any amount
>>
>>11090717
what about the raspberry notes in TL? does that mean it won't work for colder weather?

stop projecting this nonsense, what people like/associate smell with is subjective
>>
>>11090613
Yes and no. It's not a matter of being unfashionable or anything subjective like that. It's just simple fact that some shit is better suited for different times of the year because tempature. So long as you understand how your body reacts with certain fragrances and can adjust your sprays, it's okay, but if you don't it's very dangerous to wear a heavy winter scent in the heat of summer. It can become a bomb and make everyone around you suffer. For example shit like spice bomb can become a nightmare in summer heat.
>>
>>11090749
TL is a cool weather scent imo. despite the raspberry brightening it up a little bit, the leather and resinous notes give it a balmy feel. that is something you want in cool weather but not warm where light and airy would be much more comfortable.

and i'm saying even just one spray of TL in the summer will be too much, so it isn't a good option for hot weather.
>>
>>11090749
>>11090802
Tuscan Leather is fall - winter only. Wearing it in 90degree weather would make me nauseous and get me kicked out of work for the day, no doubt.
>>
>>11090591
smelling phony has no time constraints! but seriously, got some good summer stuffs itt
>>
>>11090488
It's a venerable well-respected lavender bomb. That said, it smells like an old folks home And my tastes skew toward the mature.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 460x287
What is this frangrance for? I just tried it out today and I really like how it smells on me, feels like it's "my scent" even though I've never had it before. Can I wear this daily in summer or is this more a night/ winter fragrance?
>>
>>11091041
>lavender
Sorry. Meant violet... But the initial hit after spraying is kind of like snorting laundry detergent.
>>
>>11091067
It's a multipurpose crowd pleaser. Wear it any time, any season, any occasion. The only downsides are its ubiquity and undaring construction.
>>
>>11091067
yeah, i think you can safely wear it year-round
>>
File: 153825.jpg (30 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
153825.jpg
30 KB, 250x250
Hey /fa/,

So I copped this EDP a week ago, from an amazon seller. Had 16.000 sales, with 97% positive reviews, and all sorts of perfumes, it looked reputable overall. It wasn't too cheap either, 18€ less than in a retail store for a 100ml bottle.

Problem is, it's supposed to be long-lasting (some claim, 6, or 8 hours), but for me the top note lasts much less. It's intensive in the first hour, then it fades in the second hour, and by 2 and a half hours there is barely any top-note left. The (unspectacular) bottom note I can smell even on the next day, and on clothes the top note stays for a week, but the top note is gone too quickly on skin.

Did any of you buy Black Orchid EDP where you know it's 100% authentic? What are your experiences with the longevity?
>>
>>11091269
top notes are by definition short-lived. 2.5 hours for top notes is pretty good t/b/h
>>
>>11091269
you need to post pictures of your bottle and packaging if you want us to confirm if it's fake, nigga.
>>
>>11091269
this >>11091280

Top notes last typically last ~2 hours
Middle/heart notes ~4-6 hours
And base notes last for the duration of the scent
>>
Any recommendations for a smokey fruit scent besides Aventus (or one of its clones)?
>>
i use ck one right now, looking for something a bit better. something to use every day. i don't like very pungent smells, really like subtle fragrances.

any recs?
>>
>>11091439
Both look 100% authentic, and it was wrapped too.

Everything I could possibly check looks authentic. The only question is how long the authentic scent lasts.
>>
real talk
do we wear perfume for ourselves or to attract the opposite sex? how would we even know if the opposite sex finds the scent alluring? fuck
the last thing i want is for someone to think i reek of awful perfume
>>
>>11091269
From FAQ in OP.
>>
>>11091580
>we wear perfume for ourselves
unless you choose your entire fit based on its attractiveness to whoever you are trying to fuck, it's this. perfume is just another fashion accessory
>>
>>11091567
Might have to give us a little more to go on. A bit broad to narrow it down. I can think of Gucci Pour Homme II and Dolce & Gabbana The One in terms of subtle.
>>
>>11091580
Real talk
I do it a little for both. I like to smell good, but i also love it when people stop and compliment me. Same reason why i get haircuts.
>>
>>11091742
Most complimented frag? I'm not sure we've really discussed this here. I guess it would be the usual youtube bait answers but I guess I'll start.

Probably Bleu or Sauvage.
>>
>>11091762
standard by comme for me
>>
>>11091762
Memeventus

i personally dislike it but it's a definite crowdpleaser
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 640x640
>>11081957
If you mean the specific seller, their name is :

Esahara_style

They seem reputable.
>>
>>11091802
How much do you use generally? I bought a sample and from two sprays on my neck, I was gassing people out.
>>
>>11091813
i just had a sample, too, but yeah it's strong juice. still did my typical 2-3 sprays (on chest, wrist(s) then dabbed on neck) but made sure they were light sprays by not pressing down as hard on the atomizer
>>
>>11091836
Cheers, I'll try it out. Haven't had a decent enough try to warrant the full bottle yet.
>>
File: cologne.jpg (143 KB, 1024x1195) Image search: [Google]
cologne.jpg
143 KB, 1024x1195
>>11068353
I'm hetero and I use JPG Beau Male. Is this a gay fragrance? Be honest.
>>
File: Totally not gay.jpg (95 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Totally not gay.jpg
95 KB, 750x750
>>11091918
Nah, 100% hetero.
>>
>>11091950
Show me a fragrance ad that isn't gay af
>>
File: versace-eros-1.jpg (108 KB, 744x744) Image search: [Google]
versace-eros-1.jpg
108 KB, 744x744
>>11091950
>>
File: Ladies' man.jpg (71 KB, 628x886) Image search: [Google]
Ladies' man.jpg
71 KB, 628x886
>>11091956
This dude is so ripped, I bet he gets tons of sex from the ladies.
>>
File: Tom Ford pussy destroyer.jpg (52 KB, 850x500) Image search: [Google]
Tom Ford pussy destroyer.jpg
52 KB, 850x500
Or this guy. He even keeps his cologne in her vagina. Tom Ford must be getting all kinds of pussy.
>>
>>11091980
Fucking dripping with sweat. His shirt is soaked through.
>>
>>11091980
kek
yfw tom ford is super gay and his husband is like a million years old and they've been married/together forevz
wont lie though, his scents are the dopest
my faves are neroli portofino and noir extreme
>>
>>11092000
No way man. See that naked chick in bed next to him? Dude is swimming in it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.