[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Men's makeup general advice > have you considered starting,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58 KB, 846x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58 KB, 846x720
Men's makeup general advice

> have you considered starting, why/why not
> your routine
> products
> advice
>>
i use a korean skincare routine consisting of mostly innisfree and cosrx products. this has made a great improvemnt to my skin.

i also use Lab Series BB cream to even skin tone and Banilla Co for Men CC cream to cover small imperfections and dark circles.

be confident, i have been asked 'are you wearing makeup' a few times, but not because my makeup is obvious, just because my skin looks slightly better than most men.
>>
no b/c i have great skin
>>
File: uncle henrys.jpg (112 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
uncle henrys.jpg
112 KB, 800x800
I've been using drug store moisturizer and pic related for a while. Am I really missing out on anything by not upgrading to more expensive skincare shit?
>>
File: LUCAS-EARL-BW-1_1024x1024.jpg (179 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
LUCAS-EARL-BW-1_1024x1024.jpg
179 KB, 819x1024
>>11026498
wow ur a cool guy clap fucking clap
if this is true post pics with bright direct sunlight on ur face and let us UFKCING ROAST UR PIMPLY ASS
>>
>>11026502
honestly it depends on how your skin looks. if you have nice, acne free, non dry/oily skin, a very basic skincare routine should work fine. i recommend looking into products from Paulas Choice if you are interested in upgrading ur routine
>>
i am acne prone so I will use a tinted moisturizer when I get a breakout to make the blemish less obvious but not so obvious that I'm using a product to cover up. I use to use a concealer and all that shit but it's annoying and I prefer the feeling of a light moisturizer
>>
File: B6AD4pzIYAEMKCj.jpg (72 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
B6AD4pzIYAEMKCj.jpg
72 KB, 1024x576
>>11026506
why has answering a simple question in the op triggered u? also i'm pretty sure there's 0 pictures of me in direct sunlight without wearing sunglasses/hat from the past 10 years

hence the great skin (but dad/mommy genes really helped)
>>
>>11026510
I'm not model material but I never had acne as a teenager, so I guess I should be good. Winter in PA is a bitch tho, can't wait until it gets warmer.
>>
>>11026486
It never occurred to me to wear makeup, but I got a tinted zinc oxide sunscreen. I don't like the idea of wearing chemical blockers daily. The tint obviously prevents the zinc oxide from looking like a white film, but it also has a slight makeup effect I guess--maybe like a foundation, but not quite that much coverage. Anyway, it works for me, and I don't have to learn how to apply actual makeup.
>>
>>11026502
No, not really. Expensive skincare is only expensive because of packaging and branding and advertisements. Whatever works well is fine.

>>11026520
I really like the Body Shop BB creams and anti-acne concealers, they even out my skintone and just makes it better in general so you can give that a try. Not super expensive either.
>>
>>11026498
Some makeup products improve skin, it's not that 18th century clay powder shit anymore. It's not just limited to the face tone, you can add a little powder to fill your brows/beard to make them look fuller and stuff like that. Also light contouring around the nose never hurts.

Your choice tho.
>>
File: 134896649002.jpg (55 KB, 846x720) Image search: [Google]
134896649002.jpg
55 KB, 846x720
>>
I have acne scars and discoloration. What do?
>>
>>11026638
haha
>>
>>11026638
kek

>>11026644
Just some simple concealer goes a long way
Tinted moisturizer/bb cream evens out color well without looking like you're wearing makeup, also it's good for your skin

If you wanna be more aDvAnCeD you can get yourself a cheap color correcting palette, basically you take the opposite color in the color wheel and put it to where you want to even out the color.

Try this cheapo one first, not the best but does the job, see how you like it.

http://www.elfcosmetics.com/p/corrective-concealer

BB creams/tinted moisturizers

This one has a little more coverage and is a little heavier but i like it more
http://www.thebodyshop.ca/en/makeup/foundation/vitamin-e-cool-bb-cream.aspx

This one has less coverage and slightly more $$
http://www.thebodyshop.ca/en/makeup/foundation/all-in-one-bb-cream.aspx
>>
>>11026559
i wouldn't be against things like powder for brows but it just seems annoying to deal with, adding all those extra steps while getting ready. unless it was absolutely necessary. stuff like contouring would drive me insane, i'd rather get a nose job instead so i permanently have those results (or at least something close to it)
>>
>>11026638
lmao
>>
File: 1444748620-jake-fake-contouring.jpg (275 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
1444748620-jake-fake-contouring.jpg
275 KB, 1000x500
>>11026676
This is literally all you have to do
Yea I get that, I just got into the habit of doing it on the bus, so I figure why not spend like 5 mins and look better
>>
this thread seems like a good place to ask. how the fuck do you do your eyebrows if you're a guy? mine are really bushy and I feel like they could look much better.
>>
>>11026700
Gotta post pics to know exactly what advice to give

But generally, follow some form of an eyebrow template, most (all) of them are p much for women but just don't go as thin as the template would suggest.

Bushy is because your eyebrow hair themselves are also too long, get a really close toothed comb, keep it there, get some shearers/sharp hair or beauty scissors and snip off the really long hairs. Take your time with this because you can't really undo it. Snip a bit, take comb away, look at mirror, repeat until satisfied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKxvIQWLTHM
>>
>>11026486
left is honestly better and more masculine even with the spot skin
>>
>>11026506
W2C pants and shirt?
>>
>>11026497
Where do you get this Korean skin care?
>>
>>11026742
Have you had your eyes tested recently?
>>
>>11026486
Fuck wearing makeup. I'm sure it becomes more of a hassle than a benefit. Taking care of your skin to make it as naturally smooth and clean and possible is the way to go.
>>
>>11026761
Not op, but you should try ebay. That's where i get it from.
>>
>>11026807

> >>11026559
It's about enhancing features for me more than covering my skin but it's personal preference and I get that
>>
File: 1455973960110.png (361 KB, 692x614) Image search: [Google]
1455973960110.png
361 KB, 692x614
>>11026486
You can just tell that he had pretty good eyebrows but he fucked them up badly
>>
I def need this since I have typical Asian skin and is fucked due to acne. And Tomorrow used to fill in her skin craters with makeup to look pretty hot after wards

And the fake high cheekbones that girls do today
>>
>>11027180
Get on that Korean skin care routine m8 throw in the Body Shop Anti Acne Facial or whatever it's called in there too that shit works like a d r e a m
Also the other body shop stuff I suggested before

Try foundation, don't need to invest in an expensive one, I use Loreal True Magic Lumi it's like $20 on sale and shit lasts forever. If you're getting body shop stuff they're doing a buy 3 get 3 so throw in a foundation and concealer brush in there

Concealer I like maybaline concealer sticks, color correcting pallet on ELF is good beginner stuff all these come in a range of skin tones so don't be afraid to talk to the beauty department girls so you don't choose the wrong one and look like an orange

Watch basic bitches on YouTube for contouring
>>
>>11026801
ya i have i just dont find pretty men attractive
>>
> Tfw a qt Asian chick told me I have nice eyebrows and that she'll do them for me
What did she mean by this? Also does she want to be my gf?
>>
>>11028681
All girls have the tendency to "dress up" guys so it's probably platonic, can turn romantic easily tho.

I go to an Asian place to thread my brows and all the girls love me because I let them put cute clips in my hair and paint my nails and shit
>>
>>11029707
that's pathetic
>>
>>11026658
i've read somewhere that vitamin E isnt as good at healing acne scaring

is this true or just a skin care myth?
>>
>men's makeup

new meme??? ?
>>
File: 1436331592621.png (152 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1436331592621.png
152 KB, 500x370
>>11029707
Fugg m8

> Tfw I'll never be some girl's qt to dress up
>>
>>11026688
what about larger noses senpai?
>>
>>11029829
Try this >>11026688

>>11029755
It's all good fun, I don't mind it.
Not like I'm just putting up with it cause I'm in le friend zone again :^(
>>
>>11029790
Vitamin E is a thick oil so depending on how your skin takes it, it might lead to more breakouts. I have combination skin so I use a layer of light moisturizer before putting on the Vitamin E BB cream. But it works well for me, I find that my skin breaks out much less, is more "radiant" and I get dark circles less.

As for scars, it apparently helps in repairing damaged tissue
>>
>>11026486
dont use moisturizer or any make up. it fucks up your skin. Just remember to drink lots of water and your skin will look fine senpai
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.