[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
overpriced, overrated brands. I'll start. Patagonia.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 4
File: image1xxl.jpg (154 KB, 870x1110) Image search: [Google]
image1xxl.jpg
154 KB, 870x1110
overpriced, overrated brands. I'll start. Patagonia.
>>
Bape
>>
Supreme
>>
>>11010954

Supreme itself doesn't make the prices very high, it's mainly resellers that buying a pain in the asshole.

It is quite overrated though
>>
>>11010937
V E R S A C E
E
R
S
A
C
E
>>
all nigger brands (bape, supreme, etc.)
all 'i want to be white' nigger brands (gucci, versace, etc.)
>>
what's wrong with patagonia? isn't their stuff supposed to last decades
>>
Op is just broke
>>
>>11010937
this hairstyle is the mullet of our generation. I'm glad it's almost dead.
>>
Is Patagonia seriously overpriced? I don't really pay much attention to their stuff and the windbreaker I have from them only coated me 110 CAD
>>
Literally every fuccboi brand that swag people like
>>
>>11011160
Costed... Is that not a word? Wtf
>>
>>11011079
>>11011160
Patagonia is a fine company. You are getting what you paid for. The quality is great.

OP doesn't know what he is talking about.
>>
File: Snapchat-7874091279734441028.jpg (400 KB, 1080x1776) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7874091279734441028.jpg
400 KB, 1080x1776
>>11011169
>>
Jordan or anything related is disgusting
>>
>>11011169
op here, patagonia is made in china. everything ive gotten from them has pilled or disintegrated within a year, zippers break, fabric is cheap and thin. in my opinion mountain hardwear, arctyryx are so much better. but everyone wants patagonia because its college frat boy tier
>>
>>11011325
they have excellent customer service
you should send it in, they can repair or replace the garment for you
>>
raf simons and rick owens
>>
>>11012393
Explain
>>
>>11011325
>implying arcytyrx isn't also a dad brand that changed its marketing to appeal to the techwear market

Higher quality than patagonia but also its also WAY more expensive
>>
>>11010937
Zara

Cheap fabrics, often ridiculous prices, but worshiped by all those around me.
Same goes for topman.

Uniqlo is almost edging to it too but they're comparably cheaper so i can let that slide
>>
>>11012433
topman are more hit and miss
and zara is very meh to me
pull and bear is much better for what zara does
>>
Acne Studios
>>
>>11012594
I'd say its more of how crappy their quality went in tge past 3-4 years. I still have a pair of tweed pants from them which are holding up fine copped a few years back when i was starting out. Their newer stuff feels almost plastic like
>>
SLP
Rick Owens
>>
>>11010937
Raf simons, rick owens, loro piana

Youre clearly a poorfag if you think patagonia is overpriced or overrated.
>>
Burberry
>>
>>11013049
In what way are raf and rick overrated or overpriced, they have rightfully earned their popularity in the industry and people are willing to pay the price for their clothing because they respect their work enough to see that value in it
>>
every normie luxury brand ie burberry, hermes, louis vuitton, etc.
>>
Y-3, from my experience their shoes

never have i felt so gutted spending $400 on qasa and both Y's on the rubber detailing were incomplete

at least the resell value is 1:1
>>
>>11013079
Lolno
Youre autistic. They got namedropped in various rap songs and then gained a vast, zombie-like following of unthinking fashion victims. Literally the only nice thing from rick owens is geobaskets. Short tongue, black and white.
raf shoes and clothing are objectively hideous, like most of rick.
You are a total fashion victim if u buy raf stans because you are literally just paying for an R and some extra exclusivity.
>>
>>11013114
>objectively hideous
ok you're retarded
>>
>>11010937
it's literally not overpriced or overrated though. It's standard outdoor gear that is really good quality and performs the tasks asked of it. yeah yeah the fratagonia reputation, but while some specific garments like the one you posted are kinda ugly, they do make lots of simple basic designs that perform at a good level for the price for many years. That and they're pretty ethical, use lots of recycled materials and as far as I'm aware nothing made of animals.

inb4 shill, I'm just correcting what I consider to be an incorrect viewpoint
>>
>>11013114
I only agree with you on the hyped pieces. But if you think there is no artistic/design merit to either designer then you clearly no nothing about fashion. Yes there are horrible overhyped pieces from those labels and I hate how they have become designers who are referenced in rap and used as status symbols. If you think those designers set out with that intention then you're misguided. Raf is a soulful guy and when it comes to his earlier stuff I think he's a genius of minimal menswear. Rick I don't care for but he really did push boundaries, stages interesting shows, and really cares about his work - having a cohesive visual style that runs through his work, presenting an alternate reality, (I do think he'd be a dick in person though)
>>
>>11012421
are you trying to say they don't deliberately inflate prices because they know impressionable trust fund kids will still pay?
>>
>>11011066
throwing racial slurs like they're pennies
>>
File: 461952048.jpg (292 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
461952048.jpg
292 KB, 681x1024
>>11013580
>you clearly no nothing about fashion
>writes this while defending pic related
>>
>>11011325
Are you washing stuff after every wearing on hot or something? Or buying ultralight gear and then framing houses in it? I've never had anything from them fall apart like that.
>>
Why aren't more people saying SLP?
>>
>>11013100
>never have i felt so gutted spending $400 on qasa and both Y's on the rubber detailing were incomplete
why didn't you return them?
>>
>>11013571
This, it's a legit brand of quality clothing (my dad has a quarter zip that's lasted him almost 20 years), but people bastardized it as a fashion accessory. My snap-T is warm as fuck.

I can see what OP is saying though, I see it happening to the North Face as well, people copping decent outdoors brands strictly for the logo. As a very /out/ individual that's what makes me the most angry
>>
>>11012433
I need some redpilling on the shopping centres clothes shops like Pull&Bear, Bershka, H&M, Massimo Dutti, Lion Porches and the likes of that
I like trying clothes because of my complicated fit(I lift so sizes change a lot depending material, brand and what not)

are those all garbage? I got mad at my few months old never washed h&m pants getting a bit of the seam opened on the left thigh(my thigs are big/strong) so I swore to myself to just buy some april77 or acnestudios ones next time and never buy at shops like those again
>>
>>11013665
I'm curious

what are some good brands then?
I want to buy quality clothes that arent like 1k or whatever for a piece, even SLP is stretching in price

I'd give 200euro for some jeans
100-150 for some sweats
500 for jacket

but I dont know where to shop GOOD QUALITY
>>
>>11013594
>basing your entire knowloedge of a designer over one controversial runway piece

/fa/ for you famalam

also I don't understand why this made such a huge controversy, although RO probably predicted it and decided to have a little fun.
>>
>>11013594
is fashion degenerate

can a traditionalist man still enjoy it?
>>
>>11011325
The quality of arcteryx is probably around 5% better than Patagonia at a stretch. But yeah, it's a bummer about the whole made in Mozambique thing - was really fucked off when I dropped £££ on a down jacket. Worn it nearly every day for a year though and it's going strong.
>>
>>11013571
>>11010937

Plus, their lifetime warranty is god tier. Best warranty of any clothing company I've ever dealt with.
>>
>>11013907
how bout norse projects
>>
>>11013902
They're generic brands that cater to the masses, generally its quantity over quality. Quality can be hit and miss like what you described, doesn't necessarily mean the entire collection was poorly made but you'll have togo through everything to make sure you get a decent one e.g. neat seams and stitching, no holes. A lot of them trendhop, and will rip off notable designers/the flavour of the month if that matters to you. Zara is infamous for this, but i've seen a few rips by H&M. Their ethical standars for produxtion is also questionable, i remember a few H&M and zara factories burning down due to negligence + poor worker compensation if that's something that matters to you.
The biggest kicker for me was their pricing. What Zara, topman and the like often charge for i can spend instead online for better made quality items. I trawl auction sites like ebay now and the like and you'd be surprised with what you can buy on the cheap/on sale brand new, which is why i basically stopped shopping at Zara altogether. That or save up for things i actually really like, quality iver quantity sort of thing.

Massimo dutti is okay, same company that owns Zara but catered to a demographic willing to pay a bit more for slightly better cuts and materials (which reminds me, most mall brands have some shitty ass material for things like jackets pants and suits, things you should really spend more on. Tee shirts on general are okay, denim can be variable)
>>
>>11014220
yeah I know about those guys, april 77 and basically that's it

then got some websites noted after lurking
http://www.mrporter.com/
https://www.ssense.com
http://www.acnestudios.com/
http://www.april77.fr/en/
http://shop.doverstreetmarket.com/
http://www.norsestore.com/
http://www.oki-ni.com/en/Home

>>11014396
what brands that arent full luxury should I be looking at
>>
>>11014412
Apolis
naked and famous
our legacy
adidas
>>
Every streetwear brand. Supreme, Bape, Cav Empt (though later can slide since they use interesting fabrics and prints and almost everything is made in Japon).
>>
>>11014412
Contemporary? That depends what you like so its hard for me to give you a recommendation which fits your requirements, but what the other anon suggested was fine.

I'll also throw in norse projects (yea i realize its on your post list)
COS (same subsidiary with H&M but still excellent)
APC is a hit and miss IMO, try out their stuff in person and decide if its right for you. It doesn't work for me but they are popular for good reason.
Outlier and Maharishi are also both excellent but they're less basic, more geared towards techy-ish if i can put it that way
>>
>>11013582
Are you trying to say they aren't worth their retail cost?
>>
>>11011325
>college frat boy tier
where I live only fiftysomething old people wear patagonia
>>
>>11014649
I dress like basic, slav influences, sometimes, rockstar , prep, grunge(if you can call it that)

thanks for the help
>>
>>11014616
>>11014649
>>11014699
forgot to add

don't really have a style but I really enjoy the grunge, rockstar, slav and skinhead look
seems what fits me best since I got a buzzcut 2
>>
>>11013114
>hurr durr, I only know the most meme pieces from a designer so I'm going to judge the other 99% of their work based on that
Maybe you should actually take the time to look into the designers work you are criticising so you don't come off as a literal idiot
>objectively hideous
Nice projecting, why the fuck are you even on this board desu
>>
>>11014713
all saints
>>
>>11011174
who sent you that snap?
>>
>>11014713
If you have access to a japanese proxy you could probably try lad musician and number (n)ine amongst other things. Just be on top of your measurements and you should be fine.

Also dressedundressed, copped a pair of black distressed denim for $50 brand new. Not bad for MIJ denim.

Also have a look around at what you have locally cz chances are there are smallish manufacturers that are decent priced compared to better known brands

I was gnna throw in blk dnm but i have nik experience with them so can't say
>>
>>11011079
Patagonia is high quality but you are paying a shit load on clothes just so you can look down to Earth.
>>
>>11014412
april77 jeans fit really low though. im a 30 and i cant help feeling the wind blowing through my buttcrack everytime i bend my body
>>
>>11013582
i think that's how a business works

you mad because you can't even dream of purchasing retail?
>>
fucking rick owens. hideous and overpriced.
>>
>>11011066
>>>/pol/
>>
>>11011157
I'm seeing less and less of it. I've been seeing more man-bun though. I would compare the hairstyle to frosted tips in terms of popularity at their respected times.
>>
IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FUCKING FACES

SAME WITH OFF-WHITE TRASH
>>
>>11012433
uniqlo only sells basics, its not ripping off designs like zara or topman. The quality is fantastic aswell at a low price, definitely not overrated or overpriced.
>>
>>11011157
Its appropriate for the brand though

>basic brand
>basic hair
>basic beard
>>
>>11010937
No idea why people like Patagonia it's the cheapest shit tier tech wear on the planet even the target exclusive champion diffusion "c9" is better
>>
>>11013902
If you got big legs, try bootcut jeans.
>>
>>11013114
I find that there is just a mass of people who will buy anything in rap songs and media

Iphones, beats by Dre, anything kanye is seen in, just told to buy whatever by the media and the go and do it.
>>
>>11013585
Not that dude, but if you don't like that shit, youre probably on the wrong site, son.
>>
>>11016649
Not true
>>
>>11013114
Lolno
Youre autistic.
>>
>>11014412
>>11014616
This together is great list, especially would recommend Our Legacy, their build quality is superb.
>>
Any thoughts on mall tier banana republic?
We don't have shit here
>>
>>11010972
>98 bucks for a plastic bag with the logo is reasonable
>>
>>11010937
that actually looks really cozy.
>>
Brands that piss me off are the ones who paved their way through tumblr/instagram. By far the worst ones.

Fucking cancer. So sick of all these wanna-be designers (most seem to be based in LA) who make garbage, generic clothing, then peddle their shit to a bunch of lame rappers, athletes (or their stylists) to make them wear it.

Then they'll use a bunch of fancy fabrics like silk, cashmere, python skin, etc. in the most generic way possible just to seem #LUX and to justify their outrageous prices.
>>
Rhude

It's owned by some manlet spic, about 5'5 tall lmao. Guy thinks he's top shit and super creative.

He posted a pic of a sweater he clearly ripped from Raf... Instead of 'NEBRASKA' it was 'VIRGINIA', which Virgil already ripped off recently anyway. Yet he had the audacity to hashtag the pic #stopbitingme LOL

He also made some corny short film called 'SUGARLAND' that was so hilariously anti-climatic and bland. He used a bunch of high quality cameras for nothing.
>>
>>11018040
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>11016041
nah off-white is nice
might be overpriced but definitely not overrated
>>
>>11016717
no he's on the right site you're just a moron
>>
>>11018322
well if you're getting mad on 4chan because of a post... then you're not on the right side
>>
>>11013055
>pioneers a fabric that's pretty much perfect for type of jacket they make
>the only granpa to granson tier in this thread
>overpriced

Just because you can't tell a difference between a real and fake Burberry doesn't make it overpriced. Unless you're one of those doinks buying china made burberry t-shirts or whatnots.
>>
>>11011165
Costed is not a word, you mongoloid
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.