[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weirdest fashion personalities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: news-Rick-Owens.jpg (26 KB, 690x500) Image search: [Google]
news-Rick-Owens.jpg
26 KB, 690x500
Rick Owens is a god tier designer but he kind of comes across as kind of a pretentious nut IRL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPMpicmcQ0Y

What other fashion personalities are noteworthy?
>>
Margiela
Poell
>>
>>10743734
>pretentious cause he speaks slow and he thinks before open his fucking mouth
>kek, kill me please. I am so pleb and mediocre
>>
>>10743734
he's gay
>>
>>10743734
kek he's so gay
>>
File: MARC0917.1366x2048.jpg (361 KB, 1366x2048) Image search: [Google]
MARC0917.1366x2048.jpg
361 KB, 1366x2048
>>
File: imbeciles.png (1 MB, 1616x912) Image search: [Google]
imbeciles.png
1 MB, 1616x912
Hate to use a Zoolander reference on this board but does anyone else feel like they're taking crazy pills re people talking about this guy on /fa/?
I feel like it's an Emperor's clothes kind of thing. His clothes are ridiculous. His shoes - geobaskets - I shouldn't even know what they're called - are hideous. No outfit ever posted has ever made those retarded shoes look good. And I wouldn't mind but I feel like I never see a dissenting opinion about him. As though
>Rick Owens is a god tier designer
is as self-evident as the fact that the shirt should button up at the front.
Am I the only one?
>>
>>10743878
I've been saying it for the 5 years I've been posting
>>
>>10743878
you've never seen old rick
>>
>>10743734
I want to shave his hair off. it looks so bad
>>
>>10743878
No you're not.

>guys am I the only one who likes food
You are never going to hold an opinion that someone does not agree with so stop thinking so, plenty of people here dislike Rick. This being said, your opinion seems horribly uninformed. Why criticize something you don't know much about? If you hardly know anything about him outside of his most talked about pieces and buzz words than you literally know nothing. Please reconsider your post, and next time try and make it less shit.

>trying to prove argument using fallacies
>anime
>shitty references to movies
Yikes
>>
>>10743765

Tell me what he says at the two minute mark isn't a little bit insane
>>
>>10743734
hes a fraud, /fa/ fell for viral marketing meme
>>
>>10743893
>idk i don't really like the new raf simons
You haven't seen old raf!!!

Fuck off with that stupid argument
>>
>>10743878
I bet you wear vans.
>>
>>10744076
Spooky. I spent 60 bucks on them because I literally had no other shoes. I wore them out of the shop and the girl gave me a little bag to carry my thongs away in. I get that I'm not the target market for his thousand dollar shoes but you couldn't convince me that any pair of vans looks worse than his
>>
>>10743878
people like his clothes, you dont. why the fuck does anyone have to explain themselves to you?

but to help you out, you dont sound like a person who has any particular knowledge or even interest in fashion beyond going on grailed and getting a 3rd hand pair of acne ace cashes, so i can only recommend that you read up and learn more about it. you might end up still not liking ricks clothes, but at least youll come to understand him as a designer and respect the work hes done
>>
>>10743878
I spend 3k per season on clothes, never bought any Rick. I find his style boring desu, and I've been saying this for the last 3 years. But I also understand that some people like Rick - it's their thing really.

"When you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all" - this is the hallmark of a good board.

>>10744104
Geobaskets have much better manufacturing than vans, that is for certain.
>>
>>10744146
>understand him as a designer

He has no formal education in clothes design. Just remember.
>>
>>10744104
Geobaskets are literally a homage to a very classic sneaker design, only exaggerated and in-you-face. Rick Owens is very much appealing to a large demographic in that regard. It's not that you're not the target audience; you just don't like the shoes.

Also, sixty bucks on Vans? They're made of canvas and with glued soles. What the actual fuck. You were robbed.
>>
>>10744154
neither did helmut lang
>>
>>10744154
And?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_autodidacts
>>
>>10744154
Holy shit, yes he did! He was a renowned pattern designer in LA, which is easily the biggest reason he was as successful as he was at the beginning.
>>
Listening to Tricky talk is soothing.
>>
>>10743734
Yeah, you're gonna have to cut off your hand to repent for this sin of a post.
>>
>>10744205

This place is a fucking cult-like hivemind of scum
>>
>>10744378
It is a joke you fucking autistic neet
>>
>>10744009
I have absolutely considered having a portrait of myself commissioned, and I'm not even close to Rick's age.
>>
>>10743734
Fuck this motherfucker. He still wears dunks even though he doesn't sell them anymore.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.