[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why when I see myself in the mirror I 'm 7/10 , but in pictures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
Why when I see myself in the mirror I 'm 7/10 , but in pictures I am -500/10 ?
People see me as I am the mirror or as I am in the pictures?
>>
Don't remember details but its something to do with camera depth focus something something blah blah get a better camera
>>
because you're used to the symmetry of your face when in the mirror, not anywhere else. I get the same thing, alot of other people do as well.
>>
>>10733083
hopefully the mirror. whenever i use my front facing camera i look like shit
>>
>>10733126
Myriad of reasons but mostly focal length
>>
>>10733126

This holy fuck. And cameras make my acne marks, which I can clearly see fading in the mirror, look bright fucking rainbow red.
>>
Look at any image for five minutes.

Now, flip it around.

Same effect.
>>
A myriad things. Could be the depth, how well it captures light, and also that you automatically correct for ugly in the mirror, which you can't do in a picture.
>>
>>10733083
mirrors horizontally flip the image of your face. pictures generally dont. try flipping the picture and see it look significantly better.
>>
>>10733083
I have a medicine cabinet mirror next to the wall mirror in my bathroom, aways have it slightly ajar so it catches a reflection of my reflection in the main mirror. It's a good way to see what you actually look like to everyone else
>>
I'm not bad looking but i only look at myself in the mirror when im shaving or getting a haircut tbqh
>>
It's worse when people say I look not ugly and dress really well. I don't know if there just saying that because I'm a fat/short peice of shit or they genuinely feel that way.
>>
when i take pictures of myself I'm a solid 9/10 and if i put in effort they're pretty model-worthy. IRL people taking photos of me i look like a baby with 0 cheek definition and 6/10
>>
if you look close at other peoples non-edited, non-poser photos you see that they look better in real life than in the picture.
>>
>feeling confident and goodlooking
>go to dressing room to try some pants
>suddenly double mirror reflecting eachother
>you see yourself from other angles
>weird as body shape
>big crooked nose
>weak chin
>sloppy dark circled eyes

>go outside dressing room depressed with all confidence lost
>>
>>10733625
this is true
>>
>tfw you're ugly
I avoid all eye contact with everyone. Life is unfair.
>>
>>10733636
me irl
>>
File: portraits_mini.jpg (104 KB, 620x451) Image search: [Google]
portraits_mini.jpg
104 KB, 620x451
>>10733083
Chill.

A LOT of factors go into how you look in a photo vs. how you look in a mirror. For example, as >>10733090 notes, focal length matters. The skill of the photographer, the instant you get photographed and how you're posed/expressing, the lighting around you, etc. - it all matters.

Frankly, it's simply better to not obsess over the minutia. Everyone has bad photos - I don't have a single picture of me I like - but that's just life.
>>
3D cameras were an actually useful fad.
They dont suffer focus problema like common "single-eyed" cameras do.
>>
Dude, I look and the mirror and see something, take a photo and see something else, look at other photos taken by someone else, I see something different, look at recordings and again I see something different. What's the truth?
>>
you're insecure
>>
your eyes are 3D, cameras are 2D. thats it.
>>
>>10735132
that's the truth. there is no such thing as truth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspectivism
>>
>>10733126
>>10733139

everyone looks hideous on front camera don't stress. You're all beautiful children of God :3
>>
>>10733636
i want to die
>>
>>10733636
evry tiem
>>
File: I know that feel.png (36 KB, 833x768) Image search: [Google]
I know that feel.png
36 KB, 833x768
>>10733636
I still remember the day I finally noticed I had a jew nose in a dressing room.
>>
>>10733636
lol this
>>
>>10733636
right in the feels
>>
Your little flaws in your face aren't really profound in a motion, but in a still pictures they will show up
>>
>>1073363
heheh t-this is j-just perspective aswell anons? i'm s-still handsome right anons?
>>
>>10733805
>tfw no qt gf to portrait with different lenses.
>>
>>10733805
what's it like knowing that you're going to perpetually have to try hard for the rest of your life? and to know that everyone's going to hate you for that? but they all expect it at the same. Because you're ugly, as you say.

post a fit, so i can taste your hell a little bit.
>>
>all these replies with the exact same problem

geez OP thank you. PHEW. i was worried about this, im a 6-7 too (if i may say) in the mirror but certainly not in a camera
>>
>>10733636
10/10 spot on
>>
>>10735306
>you're insecure
welcome to /fa/
>>
i think this only happens when your face is pretty asymmetrical so you're probably not good looking
>>
>>10733636

>tfw in bathroom
>tfw small mirror gets in my hands
>let's check how does my hair look from behind
>the view from slightly overheads
>is this a wierd light or
oh fuck im 50% bald
>>
>>10740630
pics
>>
>>10740632
can i not :( i don't want to see this anymore
>>
>>10740664
pics and age NOW
>>
File: Hamilton 2-20111019-00017.jpg (103 KB, 1164x873) Image search: [Google]
Hamilton 2-20111019-00017.jpg
103 KB, 1164x873
>>10740670
21 and it's just slightly better than on this pic (not me lmao)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtVPJVxqcS8
>>
>>10740677
anon thats a fleet foxes song
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.