[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 19 with an $8/hr job and I'm still in college so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: le pepe meme.png (96 KB, 332x333) Image search: [Google]
le pepe meme.png
96 KB, 332x333
I'm 19 with an $8/hr job and I'm still in college so I cant work full 40 hour weeks, meaning my checks are pretty much $300~. I come from a middle class family. How the FUCK do I get the money to make sick cops family?
>>
>>10677871
invest in education, wait 3 more years? land job, get clothes.
>>
>>10677871
You start by applying for cooler jobs and wait
>>
you could try thrift shops, but imo fashion doesn't have to be expensive, just find cheap shit
>>
Buy quality reps till u can cop real.
Fake it til u make it familia.
>>
>>10677871
I'm pretty much in the same position except I'm 20 with a $9/hr job and a full time student.

I'm content with the basics though which I can afford. I know my position in life, I'm not rich, I don't come from a rich family and I'm not smart enough to have an amazing high paying job at 20 years old.

Like most people.

So I focus on getting there by doing well in school and not worrying too much about it.
Being poor doesn't mean you have to look like shit though. But at the very least be working towards your goals and fuck everything else (including others' perceptions of you).
>>
>>10677871
Education is for nerds
Drop this shit
>>
>>10677887
>actually im nearly failing this semester as i just transferred over
>have to retake most of my classes
>legitimately though about suicide

But Im okay now. Just have to do better next semester. And my GPA is decent enough to take the hit. Might kill my dreams of getting into med school but we will just have to see.
>>
>>10677893
This is me every semester. It never got better for me in college.

Dropped to a worse job to focus on school. Doing worse in school.
Now I browse /fa/ and pretend I have what it takes to drop it all and be a model as I take my 30 min break from sweeping floors
>>
>>10677893
on the same boat anon fuck
next semester im only gonna be able to take 3 classes fuck
by the time I graduate i'll be 24 and i still want to do a masters fuckkkk
>>
>>10677902
dude, I just started university and I'm 22.
>>
>>10677871
no joke, find a thrift store near by. I am also 19 and i volunteer at a thrift store once a week for a couple hours and get 50% of the already disgusting low prices. You don't need to volunteer as much as i do to get those discounts. I literally never spend more than $10 and leave with several bags of used designer shit. you also are the first to see the rich people's clothes and can put them aside for yourself. It fucking rocks.
>>
>>10677901
I literally scored a 19 on one of my ochem tests. And I took a test the other day where I just turned it in immediately after getting it. Probably going to get a zero. I don't care.

I'm not going to bother with the final because it will just detract from my other classes that I need to do well in to cushion the blow of an F.

I will end up with a low B in Physics and a low A in Accelerated Spanish. I will have a 2.5 gpa for this semester with a 3.7 total (as well as roughly 69 credit hours). It will probably knock me down to a 3.3.

I have been so depressed lately and I give no fucks about this semester. I am done. With it all. I just want to start over. I want to go back in time and slap the shit out of me for being such a lazy sack of shit.

I'm retaking O-chem in the spring and going to make some big changes in my life. Like dropping this time-sink. At least I say I will and probably won't. I'll probably end up killing myself by the end of the year.
>>
>>10677933
>>10677902
this was to you to.
>>
>>10677933

Don't kill yourself. I know those feels but things will get better, bro.
>>
>>10677933

>doesn't know about withdrawing from courses to save GPA

this guy
>>
File: okay-its-not-okay[1].jpg (20 KB, 325x240) Image search: [Google]
okay-its-not-okay[1].jpg
20 KB, 325x240
>>10677933
holy fuck are you me?
every semester i promise myself not to be a lazy piece of shit
and yet everytime i end up fucking it all up and proving to be a dissapointment to my peers and most importantly myself.
i know im only 21 and its not to late to turn it around so next semester
since ill only be able to take 3 classes, with my free time im planning on dropping some toxic habits like this cesspool and League of Legends
and picking up shit like running, going to the gym and learning a language.
Ive learned that i get the most depressed and stop giving a fuck about everything when I have too much free time
and invest it into useless shit and feel just as useless so ill try to keep mysellf busy
>>
>>10677970
that has a deadline and sometimes you think u can handle it then depression kicks in and everything goes to shit.
>>
>>10677871
$8/hr?

what the actual fuck man
do you sell cinnabons or something
>>
>>10677933
>>10677971

How do you struggle this badly in school?

Currently a full-time student (3.8gpa. Nothing too amazing), work 30-35hours a week, go to the gym 2-3days a week, play hockey twice a week and still have time for a girlfriend AND I still netflix binge, play CS:S and browse /fa/ all day.

Do you both just literally do nothing all day?
>>
>>10677993
Humble brag more my man.
>>
>>10677993
idk i keep telling myself im depressed life sucks right now im studying something im not passionate about and failing at it miserably not because its hard but because i have no interest in it.
>>
>>10677993
Are you in college?
>>
>>10677871
save up?
I'm 20 in school to working fucking 12 hour shift cause of the holidays but I get paid 15/hr the money is cool but these shifts plus school make me want to die
>>
>>10677993

calm down buddy we get it you're fucking awesome. what exactly is your major?
>>
holy fuck every bad feel itt is me
>tfw 1.8 cumulative gpa
>tfw going to shitty state school
>should have graduated this year but won't
>want to switch my major
>will get dismissed from school if I don't get above a 2.0
if I don't fuck up finals I should be good though.

my life is in shambles
feel terrible for wasting my parents money I'm such a failure
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 1440x1440
>21
>make 11/hr
>no school cus too poor
>wardrobe full of slp and expensive clothes

my latest cops
>>
>>10678037
these are womens shoes
>>
>>10678037

damn dude those are sick. i just copped these bad boys. they do run small tho. I wear a 10.5 usually but the size 11 was still extremely tight for me
>>
>tfw 22 making 140k~ a year

nice clothes/shoes are such a fun and affordable hobby
>>
>>10678064
teach me master
please elaborate on your life
>>
>>10678006
Change your major! I hate my job. I hate most my family. I only have a few good friends left in this area. I used to be depressed until I started pursuing something I genuinely enjoy.

>>10678011
Yes.

>>10678023
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
>>
>>10678065
study CS, move to the west coast, get hired by a decent/good company (Google, Uber, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, etc)

guaranteed 100k+ base salary + bonus and stock each year
>>
>>10678064
I don't know this feel exactly but I was making ~$75k/yr at 20 and didn't live on my own yet. I spent most of it on mini-vacations and food but 90% of my clothes are from that time period.

My close friend, who is 23, is making about that right now. Drives a nice car, lives in a nice apartment, but saves like 70% of his income. (I'd definitely spend it all)
>>
>>10678077
you'll get there, and sounds like your friend is smart. but I agree with your friend: save first, play money comes after savings
>>
>work part time making $30/hr
>manage to save money and buy expensive clothes
Obviously I can't buy literally everything I see, but making sure I really want a piece and know it will fit my wardrobe goes a long way to making it viable.
>>
>>10677902
Don't worry I graduated at 23 and a good chunk of my classmates at 24-25.

>>10678070
My partner went that route and I'm honestly kicking myself for not choosing to do a useful major like CS. Especially living in the bay area. So much for majoring what you want.
>>
>>10678120
well, the important thing is doing what you love (and I guess there's a balance of that with pay too). my partner makes less than half of what I make but she's happy and loves the job.
>>
>>10677902
Fuck. My first time in college I failed all the way, barely making it through every semester for 3 years where I finally failed till I can't continue anymore. Switched course and to a cheaper school without any way to transfer credit so I basically have to start over. I'm 22 when all my classmates are just fresh out of highschool. I'm now 24 going to graduate in a few months and in feeling pretty ok.

What you need is a change, don't stuck with something you going to fail and fail anyway, don't make the same mistake that I did familia
>>
>>10677871
>middle class
>poor
Wow m8 clothes dont compensate your ignorance.
>>
I used to feel the same OP, but as you age for a bit you'll realize money isn't everything
>nice meme

>>10678077
>>10678067
>>10677993
man you really come off as one of those stuck up faggots that think they're o so great

>>10678203
and yeah kinda this, pretty sure you're top 10% rich if you're middle class with your own home by your 50s.

but it's kinda annoying how it's rubbed in your face everyday that there's some insanely rich people out there and you're just poor working class scum
>>
>>10678126
what's your job? and what do you major in
>>
File: RxnSummary09.gif (44 KB, 938x740) Image search: [Google]
RxnSummary09.gif
44 KB, 938x740
>>10677993
I bet you're a liberal arts major
>>
>>10677871
sell shit on the side. if you pick the right thing, I've seen friends make more than over a 1000 in a month or less.
>>
>>10677993
sorry but community college isn't much of a commitment compared to a decent university
>>
>>10677976
I am a waiter at a deli
>>
>>10678659
elaborate
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.