[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I fix it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: $_85.jpg (32 KB, 726x484) Image search: [Google]
$_85.jpg
32 KB, 726x484
how do I fix it?
>>
Buying a new one
>>
>>963903
You don't. Panel is fucked. The panel is like 90% of the price of the monitor.
>>
Open it up and see, OP. You've got nothing to lose anyways
>>
>>963903
that is caused by delamination. you can try buying some Z-axis conductive tape and carefully reattaching the flex cables. you've lost about three sections there so three of the vertical cables.

the 3M z-axis tape is fugging pricey though so search around for a 10cm strip on ebay.
>>
it isn't easy as it sounds, wear i can find more info?
>>
>>964191
http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=2257.0
it's double sided tape that conducts only one way it has little wires running from sticky side to sticky side in a straight line. so unlike a piece of alfoil, it wont bridge nearby contacts. but it will provide conductivity straight through.

I have successfully repaired a faulty plasma TV doing this before. unfortunately I am not sure what happenned. the owner was extremely drunk and fell on the TV causing the panel to crack. there was a hand print and everything. still got blamed for blowing up their TV
>>
>>963903
i can help you
>>
>>963903
youll need the following stuff salt, raid bug spray, an oven and duct tape
first pour salt on the screen next spray raid bug spray on the screen and wrap in duct tape next put it in the oven at 425 for 10 mins this should fix the screen
>>
>>964218
but first OP has to buy a bigger oven.
>>
>>964244
He should by some more screens to practice on first, it's a tricky process and he doesn't want to mess it up on the screen he has now.
>>
>>963903
>how do I fix it?
1. E-waste
2. Car
3. Drive
4. Store
5. Select
6. Purchase
7. Car
8. Drive
9. Home!
10. Unbox
11. Install
12. New monitor!
13. All fixed!
>>
File: IMAG0009.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0009.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
So I have a tv that is bugging out. It was changing tv inputs and channels on its own. My stupid idea was that it was the physical buttons and the pcb that they were connected to in the hopes that I would still be able to use the remote to control it without the previous problem. Well I suppose the the ir controller ran through the board I took out because the remote doesn't work. Obviously I have no idea what I am doing and need help getting this tv up and running. Please help fellas.
>>
>>964312
You already made a thread, what the fuck are you doing posting in other threads about the same thing? If someone can help you, they will go to your thread.
>>
>>964300

good goyim
>>
>>964321
Yeah i read the the first line and thought it referenced me to a help thread already going.
>>
>>964376

typical newfag
>>
Take off back panel.
Fiddle with the ribbon cables they sometimes come loose.
And put together.. this may work.
Also cost zero.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.