[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /diy/, complete newbie here I lost my wallet chain today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: wallet-chain-dhp3-1-lg.jpg (12 KB, 250x286) Image search: [Google]
wallet-chain-dhp3-1-lg.jpg
12 KB, 250x286
Hi /diy/, complete newbie here

I lost my wallet chain today (not the wallet thx god)

Is one of those things that you cant really replace isnt? And I dont need to buy a new wallet. How would you recommend me to do one of my own

Thanks
>>
>>921693
Did you travel to the future from 2002?
>>
Replacement chains are available for almost every price you would want to pay, just spend a second searching.

A more DIY option would be taking this time as an oppoturnity to learn some basic whip-making braids and braid up a leather "chain", though you will still end up buying leather or leather thongs plus hardware.

Or never ever have a wallet on a chain again, because for fucks sake you are not in a biker gang.
>>
go to home dept., they sell chain by the foot
>>
>>921693
Considering the fact that a wallet chain is attached to you at both ends, how the fuck did you lose it?
>>
No, a chain is part of the wallet, you need to get a new wallet. You can't replace a chain.

Alternatively, buy a new chain and try to glue it on and see if it works.
>>
>>921693
Only a person who wears a wallet chain would be dumb enough to come to /diy/ asking how to buy a wallet chain. I'm guessing you live in a single wide trailer, have at least two kids who've never been to the dentist, own a pit bull who eats better than aforementioned kids, smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day while bitching to everyone about how you're always broke, probably addicted to meth, and covered in low quality tattoos.
How close was I?
>>
>>921700
Is not a fashion thing, i just lose a lot of stuff

>>921712
Sports day, was on sweatpants and carrying the wallet on a bag, came of when I bought something

>>921701
Thanks.

>>921715
Broke hikiko student. All wrong and I would gladly take that life you just wrote about
>>
>>921693
This made my head hurts.
>>
>>921693
Its better effort than the nicotine threads, but still leaves a lot to be desired.

4/10
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 2208x1242) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2208x1242
You could start by checking out dog chains / collars. They come in all sorts of lengths and styles. Then you just need a fastener of sorts on either end.

Also don't lose it, or some nignog might find it and chain a doge to tree and leave him to starve. That's what happened to the one in the pic.
>>
If you want to actually make the chain, you have a few options, the most obvious being the box chain and the byzantine chain, however, a viking knit could be a good alternative (less tools, but more work required).
>>
>>921970
>>921747

Thank you. Im in a small town so havent found a pet shop yet but it clearly fits the bill
>>
>>921985
I've got experience "knitting" chains, just ask if you need pointers and such
>>
>>921693
amazon "wallet chain"
ebay "wallet chain"
lowes/menards/hd/hardware store chain and split rings(key rings)
pet store dog choker chain 18-22"

The last time i needed a chain i bought 2 feet from lowes, and used split rings on each end.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.