[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, I have a concrete/regular drill , a cordless dremel,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_0738_1024x1024.jpg (84 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0738_1024x1024.jpg
84 KB, 1024x683
Hello,

I have a concrete/regular drill , a cordless dremel, and a wired dremel knockoff with various wheels and bits.

I need to figure out how to drill a 1-5/8" hole without a hole saw. I need to make a 1-5/8" hole in a steel bracket and another same size hole in a metal salad bowl. I'm wondering if there is a way I can cut the circle out using a wheel with my dremel or not.

I'm trying to make a bracket like this http://shop.cwandt.com/products/tripod-light?variant=254796582 and the metal salad bowl will be my shade. I'm using this for beginners photography.

Thanks
>>
>>935279
Draw your 1 5/8 circle with a clean sharpie (that hasn't been used for a /b thread), drill as many holes inside the circle as you can, then use one of your dremels with a stone to grind out to your sharpie outline. The salad bowl is probably stainless, you may have to knock some starter holes with a nail, and it'll take longer. If you try the drill use a lubricant, a good sharp bit, and good luck. This will all take you some time. Assuming you know something about safety and procedure when drilling holes in thin metal here. Good luck.
>>
mark the 1-5/8" hole circumference on the bracket and bowl, drill a bunch of small holes(e.g.1/8") around the circumference, and use the dremel to connect the holes.

or buy pic related for $6.50
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bayco-8.5-Clamp-Light/14003467
>>
>>935291
>>935295

Thanks for the replies. I would have bought the lamp with clamp but here in Canada, it's around 23 dollars for one that can handle 150 watt bulb. I got the lamp socket with cord for 6 and the stainless steel salad bowl was 2 bucks.
>>
>>935324
Protip: the metal surround screws off of these.
>>
>>935279
Clicked your link.

$60 bucks for an L bracket, socket, cord, and a switch. You don't even get the tripod.
>>
>>935391
Yeah that's definitely too much money. I got a 50" tripod for 14 bucks. The light was 6 bucks. So with bracket and salad bowl it's way cheaper than that link.
>>
>>935405
I more meant I'm going into business.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.