[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got this ipad from my grandpa, but the thing is disabled because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: skimn-ipad.png (586 KB, 2248x1343) Image search: [Google]
skimn-ipad.png
586 KB, 2248x1343
I got this ipad from my grandpa, but the thing is disabled because of too many pin code attempts. Now trying to restore with itunes forces me to also update the iOS, which would slow down this ipad since it is not the latest (see apple marketing strategy).

So my question, how do I restore/reformat this ipad without updating?

I use pc exclusively, so I can't connect the ipad with another apple product.

Any ideas?
>>
>>931935
Take this shit to >>>/g/ so they can call you a nigger
>>
I think Handbrake do something or reiboot - Google ffs!
>>
>>931935
You'd think it would, but it doesn't.

So long as you don't jailbreak it, iPad 2 or later will run the latest OS with no bother.

>how do I restore/reformat this ipad without updating?
By definition you don't, because restoring an iProduct mean putting a new system image on it.

If it's set to disable itself when you enter the pin wrong, then *it cannot be reenabled*. The whole point of this feature is so that when someone steals your iPad, they can't do anything but restore it, and if Find My iProduct is set, it won't restore without the owner's password. It would be a pretty useless antitheft feature if it had a workaround.

If (as your question suggests) you didn't actually get it "from your grandpa", it's worthless to you. I suggest you take it to a local bar or library and "lose" it.
>>
>>932086
thanks for replying, It was seriously a gift from my grandpa, he bought himself a new ipad and he asked me if I would like his old one. I have never owned an apple product in my life, but I said "yeah, sure thanks!" that's how it went.

Now, I "formatted" the ipad but had to choose a new pin code. The ipad went unused for a period of time after this and when I went to turn it on again I had forgotten the code, and out of character I not chosen any of the codes I use for other stuff. So I had to try all the codes I usually use and before long the Ipad was disabled.

I have googled this ofcourse, but being an apple product the results are so filled with ignorant bullshit from morons I figured someone on /diy would know how to get around the apple dictatorship.

I want to restore/reformat/whatever I need to use the Ipad again. If the update doesn't slow it down, that is definitely good news, I'll just have to work around the bug that stops Itunes from connecting to apple and restore the Ipad the original way.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.