[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so the MCU is getting bigger on Netflix I'll be honest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11
File: bladegrmk.png (487 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
bladegrmk.png
487 KB, 580x388
so the MCU is getting bigger on Netflix
I'll be honest I am excited for Blade and Moon Knight
http://www.screengeek.net/2016/05/16/blade-ghost-rider-and-moon-knight-being-lined-up-for-netflix-shows/

also here you go for the ones that don't want to give clicks

>It seems as though there are certain channels that comic book shows find success on. For DC, it seems to be CW. Smallville ran for ten seasons on the network, starting way back when it was called the WB. Now, a new generation has come along in the form of Arrow. From there, it has churned out The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. Vixen is on CW’s sister station, in the form of an app, called CW Seed. Now, DC’s other shows, whom are not getting their nutrients from their home network, are migrating over to mother CW. Constantine was canceled on NBC. Though, Matt Ryan’s title character has found his way as a guest spot on Arrow. CBS didn’t want Supergirl, evidently, so now season two will move over to CW. But it looks like Gotham is doing just fine on Fox.

>The latest rumor suggests that shows Blade, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight are next in line for Netflix(although I will point out that we initially reported Moon Knight being planned back in September) but offers little to no information:
>>
>With Marvel, it’s not really a network, but a streaming service. Netflix has housed the ever-popular Daredevil, and his teammates that will assemble into The Defenders. The first show in this MCU, Agents of SHIELD, has played out three seasons so far on ABC. It has tried the same magic that Arrow succeeds at in the form of spin-offs, but falls short. Agent Carter was kind of a spin-off of SHIELD, as Hayley Atwell’s title character guest-starred on the show a few times to set up her own. But really, she’s a spin-off from the movie, Captain America: The First Avenger. When her Marvel One-Shot, on the Iron Man 3 Blu-Ray, brought her much clamor, it was time to give her her own show. But now, after two disappointing seasons, Agent Carter is canceled. And fans want her moved to Netflix.

>SHIELD’s actual spin-off, Marvel’s Most Wanted, didn’t even get a chance. Bobbi and Hunter were written off the show, so they could move to their own. Will they come back, when Coulson and the gang realize they’ve shipped them out into a black hole? I don’t know, but I do know that I’m very frustrated with this. They didn’t have a chance. I mean, come on, Oded Fehr might have been playing Kraven the Hunter. Kraven the Hunter, guys!
>>
File: Kraven-the-Hunter-Picture.jpg (1019 KB, 1023x730) Image search: [Google]
Kraven-the-Hunter-Picture.jpg
1019 KB, 1023x730
>It looks like Damage Control is ABC’s last hope. Yeah, yeah, they still have SHIELD. But Netlfix is where it’s at. So we won’t get anymore Agent Carter. We’re not getting anymore Mockingbird. And if we get Kraven, he’ll probably be several Spidey-sequels in, where Fehr will be too old to play him. But on Netflix, Daredevil and Jessica Jones continue to thrive. Luke Cage and Iron Fist are coming soon. Now there’s talk of more Netflix shows with Punisher, Hawkeye, Blade, Moon Knight, and Ghost Rider.

>If Hawkeye becomes a thing, maybe we’ll see Bobbi and Hunter move over there. I always thought that Hawkeye should make appearances on Marvel’s Most Wanted, since he and Bobbi, a.k.a. Mockingbird, get married in the comics.
>>
File: 03_565.jpg (82 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
03_565.jpg
82 KB, 640x360
>Punisher stole the show from Daredevil. Jon Bernthal, who was a fan favorite on The Walking Dead, blew the previous Punishers out of the water.

>Ghost Rider was brought to life by Nicolas Cage in two very disappointing movies.

>Blade started the Marvel movie boom. The third installment, Blade: Trinity, may not have done so well, but it paved the road for Deadpool. When Ryan Reynolds played the very minor Marvel character, Hannibal King, he was made aware of the Marvel hero (or anti-hero) whom was a little more well-known. From there, Reynolds made it his destiny to breath life into the merc with a mouth – no matter how many tries it took.

>Eventually, Blade was made into a TV show. He was recast from Wesley Snipes, to rapper, Sticky Fingaz. The show didn’t last very long, but if it had, there were plans to have its spin-off. In the pilot episode, Marc Spector was mentioned as an expert on werewolves. For those unfamiliar, Marc Spector is one of the identities of sociopath, Moon Knight.

>If Punisher got a second chance (or a third, fourth, fifth, whatever) then what about these others? With the Marvel Cinematic Universe ever-expanding, then there’s need for these fan-favorite characters. And to better server these protectors of the streets, they need gritty, serial adventures. Forget the family-friendly ABC. They don’t want Marvel, anyway. Netflix loves you. And we fanboys love Netflix. Why? Daredevil — that’s why? He was another who was offered a second chance – and nailed it!
>>
>>82834666
Hopefully better than the last Blade Series with Sticky Fingaz. Maybe get Marrese Crump as Blade.
>>
>>82834756
I kind of hope they try to get Wesley Snipes back, as at least a mentor for Blade or something
>>
If MK is made into a real series, I will cum buckets. As a die-hard Moon Knight fan, I always enjoy seeing him pushed. So much potential that is always overlooked.
>>
wheres the proof tho?

it seems to just be rumors that are coming out of thin air
>>
File: no.gif (967 KB, 319x240) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
967 KB, 319x240
>rumor
>>
>>82834830
I think that's why it's still in the rumor phase right now, we are hearing a lot of rumors from groups and people but people are just waiting for the confirmation on Marvel's side of things.

Personally it's the logical next step after prepping everything after the Defenders though
>>
>>82834818
Same here. His stories could be so different yet would fit well with the shows they've already made.
>>
>>82834886
I want them to happen, I just dont want to get my hopes up for nothing

also holy sit there was a blade show?
>>
>Ike Perlmutter ever approving the CGI budget needed for a Ghost Rider series.
>>
>>82834914
>also holy sit there was a blade show?
really don't get too excited for the show it was pretty bad, as in we don't have the budget and the actors clearly don't care about this bad
>>
This is just wishful thinking. These are literally the characters we've been clamoring for as a "Phase 2" lineup since before the first Daredevil season even aired.
>>
>>82834899
Mai Nigga.
>>
>>82834914
It wasn't well recieved and ran for 12 episodes only but i enjoyed it. It expanded on the vampire houses and had a nice antagonist.
>>
>>82834943
>>82834973
by no means was I going to watch it

just shocked it exists
>>
File: landscape_xlarge.jpg (20 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
landscape_xlarge.jpg
20 KB, 270x200
I want normies to stay away from moon knight
>>
>>82834666
I don't give a fucking shit until Feige and Loeb will pull their heads out of their asses and make movies and shows mutually acknowledge each other.
>>
>>82835081
Feige and Loeb are apparently bros. It's Ike that's the problem.
>>
>>82835081
This is a fair argument to make, I mean there is a weird disconnect between the shows and movies and there's even a weird divide in aesthetic that doesn't seem to be properly acknowledged
>>
>>82834943
Also someone thought it was a good idea to cast Sticky as Blade. I mean i loved Onyx back in the 90's but...no just no
>>
File: john lupita daisy.jpg (30 KB, 599x253) Image search: [Google]
john lupita daisy.jpg
30 KB, 599x253
So Blade huh?

I wonder what award winning british actor, who already works for Disney, should play that part.

Hmmmmm....
>>
>>82835175
fuck off
>>
>>82835175
no Jogn Boyega should be Thunderball, or maybe Cloak

However I don't know he is pretty light hearted and I can't see him not playing the nice guy
>>
>Agent Carter
>Two disappointing seasons

I hope they mean the viewercount, because the first season was an excellent tv show.

The second season's biggest problem was trying to go full SJW revisionist history and have an interracial forbidden love subplot, and having muh ghost scientist. Bringing Rosey along for the final mission was just fucking ridiculous too. I liked Madame Masque, and the rest of the show was still quality.
>>
>>82835028
This. I'd pay to keep a Moon Knight show from happening in order to keep him from becoming a Hot Topic merch machine.
>>
>>82834689
>Oded Fehr might have been playing Kraven the Hunter. Kraven the Hunter, guys!

What? Doesn't Sony have the rights for him?
>>
File: interesting if true.jpg (56 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
interesting if true.jpg
56 KB, 500x375
>>82834666
Tell me when it actually gets confirmed.
>>
>>82834737
The Blade show was good too but SPIKE TV couldn't afford it.
>>
>>82835981
with the partnership they made with Sony they may have gotten agreements to use certain characters with the right pay out
>>
File: 1433377938440.jpg (114 KB, 1024x649) Image search: [Google]
1433377938440.jpg
114 KB, 1024x649
>>82834666
IT'S
FUCKING
HAPPENIIIIIING
>>
>>82834918
>yfw Robbie Reyes was invented solely to experiment with the idea of Ghost Rider helmets
>>
>>82836065
Still seems incredibly fucking unlikely that Sony would be like "Yeah, use one of Spider-Man's most iconic villains in your ABC show, not like we want to use him or anything".
>>
FUCK BLADE
FUCK GHOST RIDER
They both had their chances, 2 each actually and they BOTH sucked. Also vampires are gay.
But gimme my moonie, that'll rock.
>>
>>82836207
Blade pretty much got the Marvel ball rolling, dicksplash
>>
>>82836207
>They both had their chances
So did Daredevil, and his series kicks ass.
>>
>Ghost Rider
>with Ike The Kike doling the dosh
Pls no
>>
>same Blade/Ghost Rider/Moon Knight rumor that comes back every 4 months

Please stop
>>
>>82836207
>implying Blade sucked
Check out the shit taste on this faggot
>>
>>82835330
He's been a bad boy before.
>>
>>82836284
>what is Xmen
>what is Spiderman
>what is Ironman
Nigga, blade might have been the first but he didn't started anything. You could barely consider his movies superhero movies.
>>
>>82836417
I don't know I just don't see him as the Blade type you know, I would still rather him be Thunderball or Cloak.

Cloak would at least get us Cloak and Dagger and that would be awesome
>>
There is literally no information in that article. This entire thread and the headline is based on this:

>The latest rumor suggests that shows Blade, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight are next in line for Netflix(although I will point out that we initially reported Moon Knight being planned back in September) but offers little to no information:

It's fucking nothing. Fuck """"geek""""" clickbait and fuck OP for enabling it.
>>
>>82836478

We've already got Cloak and Dagger announced though, it's gonna be on Freeform.
>>
>>82836478
I guess you have a point.
>>
>>82834666
Blade and Ghosty is a good pair. Midnight Sons reborn.

Moon Knight... could work as a Midnight Son.
Build the thread of the Darkhold through the three shows. Bring back Nick Cage as Johnny Blaze if he isn't on Luke Cage in some capacity.

>>82834689
>I mean, come on, Oded Fehr might have been playing Kraven the Hunter. Kraven the Hunter, guys!

Still wish that casting rumour of Oded Fehr as Doctor Strange had come true.
>>
>>82835081
All of them acknowledge each other.

Except AoS of course, because it's not canon.
>>
>>82836207
Blade had three movies and 2 were awesome
Kill yourself
>>
>>82836728
I must have missed that one, who is playing Cloak and who is playing Dagger, also has a key villain been announced ?
>>
>>82836962

There's been no casting announced yet, or any details really, just the logo and that the series has been greenlit.
>>
>>82836937
Even the last one isn't unwatchable. Granted it's not as good as the first 2 and watching Ryan Reynold shuck and jive in the background the whole movie is...unpleasant. However, it wasn't go awful. It wasn't catwoman.
>>
>>82836962
They haven't announced it yet.
>>
>>82837022
>Even the last one isn't unwatchable.

Imagine how good it could have been if Snipes hadn't spent the entire movie getting high and refusing to interact with the rest of the cast.
>>
>>82834666
>rumor
Fuck off faggot
>>
You can pull it off, but the issues I see so far are:

>To fully grasp the complete concept of Ghost Rider's powers you need a decent size budget
>Moon Knight will just seem like Marvel's Batman or the character will resemble Daredevil in terms of being an acrobatic weapon throwing vigilante
>People already have a preconceived notion of what Blade should be, meaning Marvel won't be able to get very creative without fanboys screaming "NOT MUH BLADE!"
>>
>>82836426
>his movies superhero movies.
You can barely consider multiple comics "superhero comics".
>>
Don't kill Moon Knight, it's my favorite capefaggot
>>
They could use the Bendis Moon Knight run as a basis. That way they can get some Avengers characters in there too!
>>
>>82836871
>All of them acknowledge each other.
Nothing in the movies have acknowledged the Netflix shows, so they aren't canon either.
>>
>>82835081
Can you blame them? Nothing of real import has happened on either Daredevil or JJ.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.