[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dan Slott's Reacts to BleedingCool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: image.png (35 KB, 270x225) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35 KB, 270x225
Get ready to laugh.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/135760-thanks-to-rich-johnston-only-10-of-cbr-readers-excited-for-marvel-now.html
>>
>>84440943
>linking directly to that shithole
>>
>>84440943
>theouthousers
leave
>>
>>84440943
why does Slutt cares anyways?
>>
Shame on Dan Slott.

And shame to Outhousers, for oppressing free journalism and can't stand criticism about Marvel's crap.

I' m done with Marvel, their fascistic methods, and their butt kissing lackies.

SHAME.
>>
>>84440943
If people aren't excited for Marvel's books, isn't that their fault for making such uninteresting books?

I mean, you can't really force Normies to be excited for the Solo solo (heh). And some of the cover are just plain dumb (like Medusa cutting her hair).

Even if Rich was sucking their dicks calling the covers the greatest covers ever conceived by man, would everyone still be excited for this relaunch?
>>
>>84441146
I don't think even comic fans are excited about the relaunch. Nothing except renew your vows and Ewing's two books sound exciting. Looks like Marvel wants even Seeley to be DC exclusive now.
>>
>>84441197
From what I've seen it's only been Renew Your Vows.
After that I think Marvel's sales will tnak.
>>
>>84441008
Actually the article tears into marvel pretty good.
>>
File: image.png (82 KB, 635x905) Image search: [Google]
image.png
82 KB, 635x905
>>84441197
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=443&view=results&msg=voted
>>
/co/ defends Rich now? Dudes a jackass, he's wrong all the time and adamant about being wrong.

I don't like Slott either but still.
>>
>>84441249
If it's so good then copy and paste it here.
>>
File: image.png (93 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
93 KB, 640x1136
Even the ComicsAlliance people are mad at Marvel
>>
>>84441271
Because Slot is a bitch, and if he feels bad, I get happy.
>>
>>84440943
Dan tried... even if his writing isn't the best, he tried to salvage the falling kingdom in a failed attempt to save it. This... wasn't the plan.
>>
>>84441291
What does that even mean?
>>
>>84441249
They must be on strike against Marvel or something.
>>
>>84441304
Gays want a Gay pandering comic
>>
>>84441336
Their demand is unreasonable considering DC delivered with Midnighter and the floppy, digital, and trade sales weren't there to sustain it. Marvel already has enough low-sellers subsidized by Star Wars.
>>
I used to post on the outhouse when it was a liferaft from talk@newsarama after they switched board software.
>>
>>84441271
Rich can be very annoying (and that is very much An understatement). But Marvel is blaming Rich for taking the piss out of the books saying they are losing billions of potential fans because he mocked some of their terrible covers and book ideas. Shit, it's not like Rich hasn't given the same treatment to DC comics before. But some people can't take the bantz.
>>
>>84441363
but Midnighter wasn't announced on the View, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>84441404
The upcoming mini was announced on the New York Times, not that it's going to make much difference sales-wise.
>>
>>84441197
Well, what did they expect?
Splastick? Solo? Foolkiller? Squirrel Girl and Hellcat are still cancelled? 2 Spider-man books, 2 Thor, 2 Capt. America books, 2 Iron-man books?
Do they want to fail? Do they want us to hate them? Do they simply not care?
>>
>>84441363
>DC delivered with Midnighter and the floppy, digital, and trade sales weren't there to sustain it
That's true, but at the same time they still let the book run 12 issues and are now giving him another mini.
>>
>>84441382
Rich is annoying and 95% of the stuff on Bleeding Cool is pointless filler with no news.

BUT it's almost the only comic site what has actual comics news. Everything else is regurgitated press releases + petulant politicized criticism, a weird co-dependent relationship with the big two.

If you actually want to get some news that the companies don't want you to know - i.e. actual news - BC is the only place at the moment.
>>
>>84441426
Companies aren't obligated to take a loss on specific pet projects. They already have Hellcat and Moon Girl taking up space in that niche.
>>
>>84441426
Yeah but the LGBT community doesn't care unless one of the big names turns out to be gay.
It's not that they want some newcomer to be gay, it's that they want one of the big names to be gay.
>>
>>84441438
Thanks for sharing, Rich. Now fuck off
>>
>>84441450
It's not really the LGBT community as a whole, it's a small subset of very vocal people on social media. They either hate something or don't care about it.
>>
>>84441482
>It's not really the LGBT community as a whole

stating that there is a "community" based on what people do with their genitals in the first place is retarded
>>
>>84441482
True.
>>
>>84441450
Gay people are a very small minority, meanwhile people who hate gays are a big majority.

Most gays want to make a straight hero gay out of spite.
>>
>>84441508
what? but there are. fetishists hang together.
>>
>>84441425
Not everybody is a characterfag. They don't have many writers worth checking out.
>>
>>84441363
For some reason DC doesn't count to Comics Alliance.
>>
>>84441363
Either Midnighter/Apollo aren't gay enough, or they weren't going to buy it >>84441363
anyway and just wanted it to exist. In a lot of these cases, people will do anything to have X in these comics, but stop short of actually purchasing them.
>>
>>84441533
This. They have Ewing and Spencer (though the later is merely "okay" in my book), and I'm willing to check out the guys writing Slapstick, but that's about it.
>>
>>84441363
marvel shills everything so it's not really unreasonable for people to ask them to shill a gay character

and anyway the mercs from the deadpool book got ongoings that will last for 6 or 7 issues yet they can't be half assed to let a gay character that'll last 6 or 7 issues again

then again even when angela got one, alonso couldn't even say she was gay and just said "we don't want to put labels on her" so maybe they really wouldn't shill a gay character for whatever reson
>>
>>84441580
A lot of gay readers found Middy to be to violent for their taste.
>>
>>84441708
That's why they're called sissies, anon.
>>
This is hilarious, but I still wish twitter wasnt a thing
>>
>>84441008
Septa Unella pls
>>
>>84441291
arn't there dozens and dozens of gay characters now? what does he even mean?
>>
I thought the point of Angela and Midnighter was to have gay characters who weren't spotlighted simply because they were gay.

Like, Marvel/DC wanted people picking up the books for the stories they told, not because they were looking to score points with the SJWs.
>>
>>84441290
Not him but here are some excerpts:

>The comics industry is in crisis tonight following Bleeding Cool rumormonger Rich Johnston's careless publication of every single one of Marvel's San Diego Comic Con announcements in a series of 1-2 sentence clickbait articles earlier today.

>While some might argue that the lack of excitement from CBR readers, easily the most easily excited readers in all of fandom, is due to Marvel's nonstop cycle of boring super-mega-crossover events, #1 issue relaunches and reboots, stunt deaths and other gimmicks, and constantly rising price point, the fact is that this is all the fault of Rich Johnston. Just ask Dan Slott: [pic related]

>Maybe if the simple leak of a press release totally undercuts the entire comic, the comic wasn't that good in the first place? Nah...

>If only there were some way for readers who didn't want to have comics announcements spoiled by Bleeding Cool to avoid reading the website. Wait a minute... could they... not read it?

>No, that would be crazy. Hopefully, Dan Slott can yell Rich Johnston off the internet and make the world safe for multinational conglomerates and the sycophantic media outlets that love them again.
>>
>>84441755
Marvel let a bunch of d list mercs have books that won't go past 6 or 7 issues yet won't have a solo with a gay character.

Also MAC is probably the biggest gay character on any of the covers. Not really seeing that much else.
>>
>>84441763
>Angela
Alonso literally said they "didn't want to put labels on her" when her gayness came up so she's not really the best example to use.

And DC put the Midnighter/Apollo mini on NYT so they're getting better at promoting stuff.
>>
>>84441763
Truoble is that SJW's don't give a shit about stories of a couple of no-names.

Compare what would happen if somebody like Superman came out as gay, SJW's would buy the books non-stop.
It's not about the story, it;s about the character being "progressive".
>>
>>84441271

Enemy of my enemy...
>>
File: This_Morning.png (132 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
This_Morning.png
132 KB, 426x240
>>84441772
>If only there were some way for readers who didn't want to have comics announcements spoiled by Bleeding Cool to avoid reading the website. Wait a minute... could they... not read it?
>>
File: mac.png (367 KB, 700x558) Image search: [Google]
mac.png
367 KB, 700x558
>>84441304
He wants a solo with a gay character, especially since Slapstick and other characters that won't last more than 7 issues have a solo.
They already had a bunch of ANAD solos that didn't get past 7 so marvel knows that the random characters they chose this time probably won't go past.
>>
>>84441763
>Marvel wanting people to pick up books because of the stories they told and not to score SJW points.
>>
>>84441610
>>84441779
Mercs for Money #5 38,694
Midnighter #5 13,235

You can see why they're reluctant.
>>
>>84441531
>fetishists hang together.

I am pretty sure that at best is a very loose definition of "community"
>>
>>84441893
DEADPOOL and Mercs for Money

The Deadpool part is important.
>>
>>84441796

I used her as an example because of that, I meant that even though she was clearly a lesbian, Marvel didn't want to just label her gay and move on, they wanted the story to tell that rather than the writer in an interview, I respected Marvel a lot for that.

>>84441797

Yeah, I know the unreasonable section of them look at Kenan Kong and say "We want an All New All Gay Superman" and those people are wrong.

>>84441871

The Vision is about the only story-driven Marvel book I can think of, so point you, anon.
>>
File: 1449220906603.png (193 KB, 448x595) Image search: [Google]
1449220906603.png
193 KB, 448x595
lol why is Dan mad
its not as if they'll surprise people with their garbage
might as well leak it and save people from going to their panel
>>
>>84441978
Yes, and Deadpool spun out of X-Force which replaced New Mutants which spun out of X-Men. This is the tried-and-true "throw things at the wall and see what sticks" Marvel method.
>>
>>84441988
How about leaking that magazine all at once? Rich would be BTFO in that situation.
>>
>>84442004
Yeah
That's why people are mad tho
>>
>>84441580
>Either Midnighter/Apollo aren't gay enough, or they weren't going to buy it

I would gather the amount of people who actually BUY comics because of a gay character are far less then the number of people who bitch about having gay characters and even far lee than the people who will avoid a gay character.

It is stupid to pander to SJW retards
>>
>>84440943
>Fucking Rich Johnson! Because of him people aren't excited for the garbage Marvel is telling us to like!
>>
>>84441291
>>84441978
Wait, wasn't Comics Alliance also jumping on the "Deadpool's totes pansexual" bandwagon a little while back? Did they stop labeling Deadpool as queer now?
>>
>>84441857
She's so fucking boring.
>>
So they have an unexciting lineup and are surprised when nobody is excited?

This is all on Marvel.
>>
>>84441580
The one time the DC twitter tweeted about Midnighter a bunch of faggy hipsters and SJW cried about DC being stereotypical with having a gay guy in leather.

Honestly these people don't deserve Midnighter.
>>
>>84441304

It means that Marvel remains very skittish about gay characters compared to DC. While they certainly *have* them, they're notably hesitant to put them anywhere but in youth team books (such as Young Avengers or the X-kids book du jour), and not even in all of them. They have no real equivalent to Batwoman or Midnighter - an openly gay adult hero who has had their own solo title, even for a time, or openly gay heroes in the major teams. Even Captain Marvel, for all the commentary about how she looks more like a butch lesbian with each passing year, remains steadfastly heterosexual, officially speaking.

And trans characters (that aren't shapeshifters)? Fuggedaboutit.
>>
>>84442049
The problem with Deadpool is that they always say he's pan, yet never show anything for it. All of his relationships and one-night stands were with women.
>>
Hey Marvel, still waiting on that Citizen V you said you were putting out the LAST time you did a Marvel NOW release!
>>
>>84442049
Most of the things with men are for joking purposes so I don't really blame them for not counting it if they don't desu
>>
>>84442075
>Honestly these people don't deserve Midnighter.
Fuck'em. I'm straight, but I'm supporting the Midnighter books, because he's the first gay character I like. Well, him and Constantine, though the later's bi.
>>
"Waaaaahhh, this has never happened to anybody else in any other industry before let alone my own, how could I see this coming."
>>
>>84442088
You're going to make Bendis cry.
Northstar did actually have his own mini in the mid-90s.
>>
>>84442125

>do awful things to Spider-Man for over a decade

>awful things happen to you

why is he complaining, this is just
>>
>>84442090
That's more people deciding he is and the editors not really giving enough of a shit to correct them.
>>
i can see why marvel's upset. they have to wait six whole months before they can relaunch again.
>>
Is there a bigger manchild in comics than Dan Slott?
>>
>>84441270
Fucking ouch.
>>
>>84442195
I hear Alan Moore get tossed around in that pariticular discussion.
>>
>>84442154
One can only hope The Clone Conspiracy not having Spider-Man in the title and Renew Your Vows becoming the Amazing Spider-Man book means he's off for good after it finishes.
>>
This is honestly nothing compared to several video game leaks, but I don't see this much whining in comparison.
>>
>>84441857
Wait, Slaptstick is getting his own book?

Don't these chucklefucks know that in order for Slapstick to work, he's got to be FUNNY?
>>
File: 1417655761942.png (35 KB, 125x117) Image search: [Google]
1417655761942.png
35 KB, 125x117
>With friendly internet personalities like Dan Slott behaving so cordially on Twitter, one would expect Marvel's fanbase to be more excited than ever for their upcoming relaunch. However, thanks to no good scoundrels like Rich Johnston, all of it is ruined and Marvel will just have to cancel all these books and relaunch their universe again after only 8 issues, a full 4 issues earlier than they had originally planned.

So nice seeing people taking the piss out of Marvel for a change.
>>
>>84441291
Pfft, what a faggot.
>>
>>84442138
>You're going to make Bendis cry.

Could I?
>>
>>84442234
Look at the cover to see what tone it's going for >>84430495
>>
File: hi bendis.png (422 KB, 758x588) Image search: [Google]
hi bendis.png
422 KB, 758x588
>>84442259
It's happened before.
>>
>>84442090
>>84442114
Which is kinda funny considering a common defense for established characters being retconned as gay/bi/etc. is that a character not showing on-screen interest in the same sex doesn't mean they aren't gay/bi/etc.

Though it makes sense: Deadpool became a massive pervert because there's more comedic opportunities to be had by doing so, and labeling him as pansexual was an easy way to try and score brownie points without having to actually change anything. But that obviously wouldn't appeal to the Comics Alliance people and their ilk.
>>
>>84442262
>Van Lente
Not sure if want. He likes to pander to the Internet Meme Machine.
>>
>>84440943
>Marvel producing 90% shit titles
>most of the good titles are marginalised and/or cancelled
>people are losing interest
>DAMAGE CONTROL! DAMAGE CONTROL!
>BLAME IT ON SOME RETARD WHO LEAKED NEWS AND GAVE US FREE PUBLICITY!
>AVOID TAKING ANY RESPONSIBILITY!

Slott is a retard.
>>
So it appears the worm has turned at last for Marvel

Everyone's finally getting tired of their shit
>>
>>84442320
It sounds like he's more pissed because everything leaked was the material they were going to announce at their ComicCon panel, but Slott's still a retard if he thinks any of this shit was actually panel material.
>>
>>84441516
>Most gays want to make a straight hero gay out of spite.
Speaking as an actual gay guy, this is hilariously wrong. If they're going to have a gay character, I'd perfer it to be an actual solidly thought out character and not one that suddently became gay for shock value. The people you're thinking of who want to turn existing A-listers gay are straight (predominantly white) women who want to do so because they either think it's progressive or for fanfic value.
>>
>>84442125
So wait do they mean ACTUAL reveals like spoilers or is he whining that instead of a short blurb on some solicit site, his book was announced in a short blurb on some comic blogger site?
>>84442331
Nah we say this everytime Marvel is in some sort of controversy then they still manage owning half the charts the next month.
>>
>>84442357
>The people you're thinking of who want to turn existing A-listers gay are straight (predominantly white) women who want to do so because they either think it's progressive or for fanfic value.

Pretty much. Most of them want their favorite characters to be gay to match their wank material.
>>
>>84442262
Oh, this isn't what I wanted.

Did people get really hurt in his old stories?

I kind of felt that all of the violence was cartoonish and silly.
>>
>>84442088
To be fair, Ewing did try to upgrade Wiccan and Hulkling to the big leagues. I don't know if it actually took though.
>>
DCYou 2.0
>>
>>84441445
Why not cancel one of those shitty sellers and put a book with a gay lead? At least you'd have variety in the stuff that doesn't sell instead of all those mediocre "girls can do it too!" books that read the same.
>>
>>84442408
All I've read with him was The Initiative, where he viciously beats a man into a coma.
>>
>>84441450

Yeah it's about taking away something from their perceived enemy (straight white men) and giving it to their "community."

So what they really want is for Captain America to pound Thor up the ass or for Tony Stark to transition. This of course still wouldn't actually get them to buy comics.
>>
>Jude Terror of Outhousers posted Scanbro's incomplete (!!!) scans of the previews magazine without mentioning him
>>
>>84441291
I agree with him, they want to pander everything but they can't get a gay book on the shelves? DC got gay book on the shelves with a bi writer. Even Detective is written by a bi writer that features a lesbian character in prominent role.
>>
>>84442492
1) He had a good reason to do that, or at least a good reason to get really, really angry and

2) I didn't like it back then, either.
>>
>>84441979
>I used her as an example because of that, I meant that even though she was clearly a lesbian, Marvel didn't want to just label her gay and move on, they wanted the story to tell that rather than the writer in an interview, I respected Marvel a lot for that.

There's a difference in choosing not to market a characters wholly around their gayness (would be respectful) and refusing to acknowledge a character's canonical trait for some reason when flat out asked (what they actually did). You can mention that she's a lesbian without making it all that she is. I don't know if it's fear or what, but that whole situation was odd.
>>
>>84442353
I think it was going to be released in the previews catalog first not at a panel. But Marvel has been rolling out some of this news over the past week or two though so I can kind of see some reason to complain. Dumping everything at once does cause some of the smaller announcements to get drowned out by the larger ones.

But it's not really worth crying that much about.
>>
>>84442480
That's a no-win situation that's going to result in angry complaints regardless. Since the groups who want these things have proven that they aren't large in number, Marvel is free to do what they want while they bark ineffectively.
>>
Marvel is lost and they have been for several years. The constant #1's, the SJW diversity washing of characters, the lack of great writing talent, the retread crossovers for money (Civil War 2, seriously?).

I'm reading the Star Wars books and that's all because the rest by and large is shit.
>>
>>84442375
>muh sales
>>
>>84442442
>try to upgrade Wiccan and Hulkling to the big leagues
How? By adding them to the team? They haven't done anything interesting in years, and Hulkling literally hasn't had any character development since he was first introduced.
>>
>>84442659
>reading Cuck Wars

wew
>>
>>84441708
And a lot of gay readers found him to be motivational too, Orlando has said that a lot of people told him Middy gave them strength to come out.
>>
>>84442495
>what they really want is for Captain America to pound Thor up the ass or for Tony Stark to transition
That's just fangirls though, not actual gay men.
>>
>>84442689
Isn't Hulkling the heir to a magical space-empire?
>>
>>84442375
>or is he whining that instead of a short blurb on some solicit site, his book was announced in a short blurb on some comic blogger site?

correct
>>
>>84441146
No one, even readers, want it because it showcases Marvel's disrespect to their own material. But Marvel has become so pompous that it can't possibly be their fault.
>>
>>84442714
Yeah, half Kree, half Skrull.
All out of MCU.
>>
>>84442659
Not gonna lie anon.
Both of the big two are complete shit right now.

Capeshit is dying.
Pretty much the only thing I read anymore is IDW TMNT, Usagi Yojimbo and the rare indie comic that looks good.
>>
>>84440943
I get where he is coming from.
The reactions can be différent wether you get only the title of the book or the title + the pitch & interview.
That said, comics sites are not supposed to give a fuck about that. Unless they are lapdogs like CBR.
>>
>>84440943
Usually when things get leaked, people are excited about it regardless, right
Ruining a surprise is never a bad thing if the surprise is good. Like it won't be as exciting, but people should still want it.

Is Dan blaming the site and Rich for people not actually wanting to read those comics?
>>
>>84441988
Plenty of people were surprised in the thread where things were being leaked yesterday though.
>>
Everytime I hear about Dan Slott he's less and less likeable. I wish talking about him or any of his current books would get you a ban.
>>
File: 1396663735494.png (61 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1396663735494.png
61 KB, 200x200
>>84441291

>Bawwwww we need more gays in comics

Mugga gays/lesbos make up like 5% of the world population. The world doesn't need to pander to them!
>>
>>84442691
Yeah, because no one else is reading one of their month by month best sellers....?
>>84442730
Accurate. I'm reading a lot of Image and Valiant now. Although the new DC books haven't been terrible, but it's still early.
>>
File: 1451956503959.jpg (94 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451956503959.jpg
94 KB, 640x640
>>84442088
>trans characters

Yeah we really need trans characters to portray that .05% of the population....
>>
>>84442812
>implying Imagay isn't Tumblr Central
>>
>>84442783
>I wish talking about him or any of his current books would get you a ban

it does on twitter.
>>
>>84442689
Getting put onto the Avengers is effectively getting moved to the adult table. I actually liked them there too, especially compared to Gilleon's Gay Avengers run.
>>
File: 1432420485271.gif (2 MB, 333x194) Image search: [Google]
1432420485271.gif
2 MB, 333x194
>>84442783
>Mention spider-man on /co/
>Get banned
>>
>>84442812
I have the same bigger issue with Image as the big 2. Doesn't feel like anyone really plans for long runs, but I understand that's just how the market is these days. Creators can't make money on 30+ issue runs anymore.
>>
>>84442113
Did X-23 wolverine get an ongoing?
>>
>>84442725
What an absolute faggot.
>>
>>84442506
that seems like a good thing, right?
>>
>>84442898
Yes
>>
>>84442898
Yep.
>>
>>84442898
yes.
>>
>>84442730
The literal best thing DC is doing is Hanna Barbera reboots and KFC promotion.
>>
>>84441533

That's because they scared them all away with Secret Wars.

>Remender
>Hickman
>Gillen

All gone. Probably others I'm missing. Either way they're all doing creator owned stuff right now. I hope all of them return to superhero comics at some point, particularly Remender/Hickman at DC.
>>
>>84442727
Except for the whole Skrulls aren't in the MCU part.

>>84442898
Yes, All-New Wolverine. I don't know if anyone liked it.
>>
>>84442884

Yeah the fact that I never know when an Image comic is a miniseries or an ongoing turns me off from most of their floppies. I'm sticking with the ones I have now (Descender, Paper Girls and WicDiv) but it really makes more sense to tradewait with them.
>>
>>84442940
>Yes, All-New Wolverine. I don't know if anyone liked it.

My understanding that it was one of the better legacy hero books in the latest wave in terms of actual transitioning to a new role but it doesn't really feel right for Laura.
>>
>>84442839
Isn't Image's longest running title Savage Dragon? Pretty sure that's not Tumblr material.

You're retarded.
>>
>>84442924
Will we ever get Hickman Legion of Super Heroes?
>>
>>84442991
No, that's completely forgotten material. Like Spawn.
>>
>>84442730
This post is in every Marvel thread. Marvelfags are desperate to convince themselves that DC is just as bad as Marvel when that has literally never been the case.

You should really read more comics than just Marvel, anon. Educate yourself.
>>
>>84441363
It's not like Midnighter failure is a isolated case, DCYOU as a whole was a commercial flop. And its trade is still doing well.
>>
>>84442812
Why the fuck would you willingly read Star Wars shut
>>
>>84442838
If people market and represent trans characters, there's a chance they could tap into that sweet delicious goldmine that is the modern millennial, even if they themselves aren't trans
>>
Outhousers shitting on Marvel and not DC? Jesus times have changed
>>
>>84443051
>they could tap into that sweet delicious goldmine that is the modern millennial

It has been 8 fucking years. 8 years of them trying this shit.

All they had to do was slap Darth Vader on a cover and it outsold all of their books four times over. Only one or two of their PoC/woman led books have broke into the 10 spot with a 1# then fallen off the map.

When the fuck are they going to finally hit this supposed "millennial money"?
>>
There's now a petition to fuck Slott off from Twitter from the same OP sauce: https://www.change.org/p/marvel-comics-make-dan-slott-stay-off-twitter
>>
The tide is turning
>>
>>84440943
Did Slott just confirm that Nova really is coming back?
>>
Did Slott flip his shit when Axel Alonso (his fucking EIC) spoilt something the other week?
>>
>>84441197
>Ewing's two books sound exciting
There is nothing exciting about them, especially Ultimates^2. They're basically continuations of his current books. If you like those, then it's good to know they're not cancelled. If you don't, then it's just more books to not care about.
>>
File: image_0.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
>>84441772
If this snowballs into somethng that totally wrecks marvel's comics division, I will completely lose my shit
>>
>>84443197
Yeah but he's trans now. [insert Dick/Vagina joke here]
>>
>>84440943

I hate both of these people and want them to die, what do I do, /co/? How am I supposed to feel?
>>
>>84442940
>Except for the whole Skrulls aren't in the MCU part.
funny thing, Marvel has the rights for the whole Skrull race
except any named skrull (those are part of the F4 package), they could freely incorporate them in the MCU, but decided that the shapeshifting stuff was too CGI-expensive and that's why we got the Chitauri in Avengers
>>
>>84441857
>That female iron man armor
If she gets her own spinoff they're gonna make it look less shit...right?
>>
>>84443272

Marvel will never have a transgender lead book. It would be too creepy to have some flying tranny show up with the Avengers or flirting with Spider-Man.

The best trans superhero character you'll get is probably Negative Man/Rebis.
>>
>>84443229
What other book is Ewing getting?
>>
>>84443325
USAvengers
>>
>>84443343

Well, that's just a continuation of New Avengers, really.
>>
>>84443309
It would be at first, but with how long this stuff can run, eventually readers would just think that this character is a girl and always was.
>>
>>84443343
Ok cool. That looks like a fun book
>>
>>84443147
>5 signatures in one hour
>>
File: 1467435816852.gif (607 KB, 486x529) Image search: [Google]
1467435816852.gif
607 KB, 486x529
>>84442154
he´s used to get his dick sucked by media, now he´s feeling the burn for the first time, hegot shat on by spidey fans but he never cared for those, this is actually digging in his fat skin
>>
>>84441817
...is still my enemy.
>>
>>84440943
man that Spiderman 12

why is Marvel full of cucks now?
do liberal really have such a huge fascination with it that they need to show every blond, white female character with a black guy?
>>
>>84443435
Yes.
>>
>>84443031
>And its trade is still doing well.
>Midnighter Vol. 1 Out 1,678
That's not good. Meanwhile, other books not doing well and yet still slightly better
>Patsy Walker Aka Hellcat Vol. 1 Hooked On Feline 1,901
>Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Vol. 1 BFF 1,782

Now if you want to see some successes, there's
>DC Super Hero Girls Vol. 1 Finals Crisis 6,338
>Harley Quinn Vol. 3 Kiss Kiss Bang Stab 4,443
>Ms Marvel Vol. 5 Super Famous 4,236
>Harley Quinn HC Vol. 4 A Call To Arms 2,893
>>
>>84443470
Surprised DC Super Hero Girls is doing so well.
>>
>>84443435
You jelly, honky?
>>
>>84441772
does Zryson and Herald somehow manage to bring DC and Dan Didio in the comments discussion? Man I hate those fuckers. The Outhousers won't be that bad a place if it wasn't for those two constantly relating anything wrong with the industry to those two. I mean yeah Jude Terror is pretentious as fuck and think he's the Alahu Snackbar of the Comics Journalism since he doesn't shill for the big two, but he also has no idea how Letterless Previews are supposed to work and calls them stupid since they don't tell anything about what's in the book (You know outside of the fucking art and structure of paneling) and I think I lost my point.
>>
File: 1467770395150.png (379 KB, 952x530) Image search: [Google]
1467770395150.png
379 KB, 952x530
>>84443470
>Final Crisis's legacy is relegated to a shitty high school pun in Literally What: The Comic Book
>>
>>84443470
>DC Superhero Girls
This pleases me.
>>
>>84443533
No, but black/white are the interracial relationship that's always shown. You never see Latino/Asian or Native American/Arab or anything like that.
>>
File: you will never bully kara.jpg (230 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
you will never bully kara.jpg
230 KB, 900x1366
>>84443558
It's cute.
>>
>>84443581
Can't get over how terrible the Batgirl design is.
>>
Wow Slott way to act like a professional about all this you fucking hack
>>
Wait the covers are leaks?
>>
>>84443646
Yep.
>>
>>84443470
LCS public is not Midnighter strong suit. But its trade is still outselling ALL other DCYOU books on Amazon, and that's very impressive.
>>
File: throw_up.jpg (128 KB, 357x500) Image search: [Google]
throw_up.jpg
128 KB, 357x500
>>84443599

Oh my fucking god what is this horrible bratz-tier art?
>>
>>84443656
You got a link to all of them?
>>
>>84443734
It's what little girls like and this successfully got a bunch of them interested in DC properties. Disney already has the little girl market covered, so you won't see such things coming from Marvel any time soon.
>>
>>84441291
>How much longer does marvel need to put its full editorial support behind queer inclusion?

That is really awkwardly worded. It sounds almost as if he's bitching about Marvel Editoral pushing gay characters too much.

Also, it feels really weirdly suggestive
>longer
>full support behind queer inclusion
>>
>>84443767
http://archive.is/v1yYD
>>
File: 1455401551798.png (177 KB, 452x339) Image search: [Google]
1455401551798.png
177 KB, 452x339
So, I've spent a little bit of time listening to this thing called "Rise and Fall of the Comic Book Empire," which focused mostly on how Marvel fucked up so bad in the 1980s-1990s, that they caused the creation of Valiant Comics and Image Comics.

Also, their massive overbloating of stories, with four Spiderman books being the biggest example, and the constant reboots for more #1 issues, and wasting money on fancy variant covers and holographic covers, basically made the comic book industry collapse.

Is it safe to say that they're doing the same thing all over again these days? Just instead of pandering to speculators in the hopes of the new #1 and #0 issue sales subsidizing their failing comics, it's pandering to a different crowd?
>>
>>84441755
dozens of gay characters, zero gay writers
>>
>>84443869
>http://archive.is/v1yYD
Thanks m8
>>
>>84442922
The HB books are selling bad and the ones not named Scooby Doo won't make it past 12 issues
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (403 KB, 1301x1131) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
403 KB, 1301x1131
Some someone refresh me on why Slott is such a shitty writer.
I haven't read Spiderman in a while. All I remember is how mediocre Superior Spider man was and how shitty Spiderman's current run is.
>>
>>84441772
>make the world safe for multinational conglomerates and the sycophantic media outlets that love them again
boy they really wrote that without a trace of self-awareness
>>
>>84442212
If any one says that, they are talking absolute bollocks.
>>
File: 22-35-52.jpg (19 KB, 378x252) Image search: [Google]
22-35-52.jpg
19 KB, 378x252
>>84443869
>Occupy Avengers

>>84444023
Sour grapes, sister.
>>
iturazkondea
>>
>>84443993
Image was the undisputed king of variant bullshit covers in the 90's
They were also the king of mis-solicits
Late books (Halloween specials coming out in July) I would say Image did FAR more damage to the industry than Marvel
>>
>>84444058
All he does is shitty stock writing.
When he's not doing that, he's arguing with people over the internet about the merits of his writing. He was like half of the SSM defense force.
>>
>>84441336
>implying all comics aren't gay pandering with being so full of cocksucking queer bromosexuals they keep having to introduce incredibly unconvincing "love interests" for the male characters just to convince themselves they aren't writing a costumed prelude to "Dick Grayson stars in Poor Little White Boy"
>>
>>84444080
Flintstones is gonna turn into a 6 issue mini like Wacky Raceland ;_;
>>
>>84444112
Goddamn autocorrect. I meant to say shock writing
>>
>>84441336
>>84441291
They want a gay Steve Rogers to jerk off too. They don't care about lesser gays anymore.
>>
File: 1405006456689.jpg (58 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1405006456689.jpg
58 KB, 960x720
So, in conclusion, what can we learn from all this drama?
>>
>>84441146
I really think the Marvel creative team is so far up their ass that they don't realize people are getting sick of their bullshit
>>
>>84442689
well Wiccan became a god of magic and Hulkling became KING OF SPACE in New Avengers
>>
>>84444096
Publisher Eric Stephenson is against the gimmicks, excessive variants, and other marketing bullshit done by the Big Two.

Also the late books problem at Image still exist today.
>>
>>84444143
This >>8444145
>>
>>84444126
The difference being that readers do give a fuck about the book :)
>>
>>84444143
people are tired of comics being anti-White, pro feminism and sjw pandering shit and (((creators))) are having a cry fest over it.
>>
>>84444156
So they got new jobs. Great. What about actual character development?
>>
>>84444145
It's happened before, it'll happen again.

Marvel has been cancer ever since Jim Shooter left.
>>
>>84444174
>Post not found.
I see.

>>84444190
>people
Heh.
>>
>>84444199
Billy stopped being a whiny bitch and Teddy stopped being a prop
>>
>>84444199
I remember seeing an interview with him where he said "we had a good audience, I wish we had it back"
>>
>>84444199
Quesada tried his best to save it, but he ended up falling ill too.
>>
>>84444143
Millenials whine long about their not getting their milk bottle but, in the end, are ever too lazy and deluded to actually spend any money or effect in taking it, even when it's handed out to them.

It happened during the Brexit voting, it happens in comics every time there's big talk about "Inclusion" and "Diversity".
>>
>>84444186
Hasn't Flintstones been getting pretty poor reviews tho
>>
>>84444220
meant for >>84444197
>>
>>84441223
Well and some will read that Miles/Gwen thing just because it makes them mad as fuck but does it sound interesting? Not remotely.
>>
>>84444246
Are you this butthurt about Mahvel being shit as usual?
>>
>>84444190
People who? If you mean 4chan, that's a given.

The day I see the likes of ComicsAlliance or HuffPost decrying liberals' delusions, then we'll talk.
>>
>>84444278
Most comic book readers are the type of people who would be more likely to go on 4chan than most other sites.

Although honestly most comic book readers who still buy comic books even now are probably on reddit.
>>
>>84444278
>People who? If you mean 4chan, that's a given.

Pretty much all of the comics fandom that actually still BUYS comics
>>
i like how he compared small press people using Bleeding cool because it'll give press to making snuff films.
>>
>>84444023
>>84444023
Other than Scooby and Flinstones what else got the reboot?

>>84444058
He did a good job when he started. It's just a lot of people got butthurt that Peter was suffering and how "Otto is better than Peter" when that's the exact opposite of the message of Superior although obviously that's not on readers alone if Slott couldn't get the message through he shares blame as well.

I'd also blame the other writers during Supeior. They for some reason decided that Superior was a villain redemption story and not a villain wins story (Slott called it a villain wins story in the very first interview about it).

Regardless anyone who thinks Superior was "worst comic ever", "worse than OMD", or even in the running for worst comic of the last 10 years is either butthurt and/or not an avid reader.

As for the current run the pre SW was pretty bad. Just seemed to mander one and refuse to go full ham because it knew it would be cut-short.
I actually like the current run though 6-7/10 most issues.
>>
>>84444365
Wacky Races
>>
>>84441857

that's a pretty good point
>>
>>84444278
>people who
apparently 2/3 of the people who responded to BC poll
>>
>>84444365

Future Quest, all the Hanna Barbara action stuff rolled into a single title, main characters are the Quest family/Race.

Doc Shaner on art, too good for this world.
>>
It's just crazy how Marvel is an utter wasteland of writing talent.

And it's not even as if Marvel tries to fix that image of them: nearly every "good" writer they have is on 5-6 projects (Lemire, Waid, Bendis, Soule all spring to mind), presumably because Marvel doesn't pay well. And the effect of being o n *that* many projects (compared to the 3-4 that DC writers are usually on), combined with Marvel's editorial practices, means that these writers are just turning in schlock --- I mean, it's not like the company values them for anything besides their name recognition.

Honestly, it's becoming clearer and clearer that Marvel does not give a fuck about making good books. Period. For them, good sales (in the short term) by any means necessary is all that matters. The characterfags (and seriesfags) -- the ones with tons of money who buy the majority of comics in America -- are going to leave these books eventually and.....well, I have no idea what'll happen next.

The scariest thing is, there's no real "exit strategy" for Marvel. I can't think of a good back-to-basics event that they could use that wouldn't demonize them in the non-reading public's eye. In any case, it's not a matter of "what" they do but HOW they do it, and by lessening the importance of writers, they're fucking themselves over.
>>
>>84444365
Also let me just add that I'm not calling Superior good, it's just not as bad as some people make it out to be.

It had weird pacing swtiching from taking way too long to going too fast.
While some characters were justified in not know it wasn't Peter others really should have known something was up (and no MJ and Aunt May were not among them)
>>
>>84444080
Occupy Avengers is Literally Green Arrow: The Book
>>
File: usavengers-1-marvel-now-7249d.jpg (294 KB, 900x1231) Image search: [Google]
usavengers-1-marvel-now-7249d.jpg
294 KB, 900x1231
Any idea who the girls in the Ghost and Iron Patriot armors are?
>>
>>84444449
that's a pretty big stretch from people not excited about Marvel's fourth relaunch in four years to "tired of comics being anti-White, pro feminism and sjw pandering shit"
>>
>>84444472
i think, they think their exit strat is just going full movies and tv. i would doubt that they are willing to not even make comics anymore.
>>
>>84443303
Well I mean once they do something besides just trace Brotherhood of Steel power armor, perhaps.
>>
>>84444472
It's been that way since it was bought out by New World. Marvel is never going to be good again.

DC has been better than Marvel for 90% of it's entire life. Even at it's worst, I would say it's better than Marvel's best.

DC is at least interested in making good storylines that their readers like instead of making shit storylines that Marvel likes.
>>
>>84444500
POD is in the Patriot.
>>
>>84444472

>The scariest thing is, there's no real "exit strategy" for Marvel

movies dummie, civil war probably made more than they make from comics in a year
>>
>>84444500
I think Iron Patriot is Yinsen's daughter
>>
>>84444023
HB books obviously have lower cancellation numbers. The normal Scooby doo book is still going at #70
>>
>>84444500
Holy shit this look awful.
>>
>>84444267
He's not shitposting, there's a lot of dumbasses who can't read that gave it bad reviews: http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/the-flintstones/1
>>
>>84444521
no, POD is Ghost-armor
>>
>>84440943
wait, so Marvel is relaunching...again? right after DC did it? jeez, it's like relaunches/reboots are the new event series. so glad i quit the big two when the nu52 shit hit the fan.

i'd like to extend my sincere apologies to everyone who is growing up in this shitty age of big two comicbookdom. it's almost as bad as the 90's extreme phase. however, there are plenty of great indies on the market just like back then.
>>
>>84444058
He really needs that beard, without it he looks like a great big toad.
>>
>>84444528
why
>>
>>84440943
You know, as divided as this board can get with places like Twitter, tumblr and even itself, I'm glad we can all agree that Slott is a thin-skinned pissbaby who desperately needs to shut the fuck up...
>>
>>84444514
>>84444522
That doesn't make sense from an editorial perspective. Comic-only executives aren't getting paid for movie successes. If the publishing wing dies they lost their jobs. They would not purposely poison their own well.

It's just incompetence.
>>
>>84444552
as with the 90s, DC is still publishing good comics

and the 90s extreme phase was because of Image
>>
>>84444267
It's been getting some pretty bad reviews, anon
People here have been talking about said reviews before
>>
>>84443596
>You never see Latino/Asian or Native American/Arab or anything like that.
Does that mean they don't exist? There has to some like that in X-men comics at least. >>84439211
Hardly anyone has any comprehensive charts on this in comics
>>
>>84444533
>They disagree with me they must have shit taste

Dude seriously?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.