[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any Superman (or capeshit in general) prose novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: s-l300.jpg (27 KB, 228x300) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
27 KB, 228x300
Are there any Superman (or capeshit in general) prose novels that are worth reading?

>inb4 post it on /lit/

No way am I posting in that shithole.
>>
>>84438745
Eliot S! Maggin's (he spells it with the exclamation point) Superman novels are generally considered the best superhero prose novels.
>>
>>84438878
Thanks! I'll check those out.
>>
>>84438745
>/lit/
>shithole
wut

I know they're elitist snobs who would scoff at this question, but shithole?
>>
>>84438745
Some of the spider-man novels are great. The death and life of superman isn't bad. Batman no man's land is pretty good, too. I read a flash book once that was alright.
>>
>>84439253
That's probably exactly why he called it a shithole. It's at least a shitty place to ask this question, even if it's one of the best boards.
>>
>>84438878
This.
Try Miracle Monday and Kingdom Come
>>
>>84439253
>/lit/
>not a shithole
It's what happens when you put a bunch of well-read and well-spoken, but unbelievably stupid and arrogant people together. Also, those faggots need to stop shitting up /his/
>>
>>84439281
One of the best? Not even close.
I really don't wanna derail the thread with an argument, but check out more boards, man. /lit/ isn't the shittiest board, but there are more welcoming and chill ones to post on.
>>
>>84439309
>/sp/ will never be /sp/ again

Ow my heart
>>
>>84439253
That's exactly what makes it a shithole

There's a reason /tg/ is so overwhelmingly in favor of loose interpretations of off topic it means they can discuss most fantasy or sci Fi novels without having to go on /lit/.
>>
>>84439409
We really need a genre fiction board as long as it doesn't get overrun by /lit/ faggots with their "ALL GENRE FICTION IS HUNGER GAMES-TIER SHIT" bullshit.
>>
>>84439309
i only like it because it's the only place I can go to talk about books.
>>
>>84438745

I've had Worm recommended to me multiple times. Apparently it's capeshit. I've read the first chapter but the high school setting turned me off.
>>
>>84439409
>>84439438
Loose interpretations of the rules is best, but I just discuss my sci-fi regardless. That said, they weren't the most popular threads, but whatever.

inb4 deletion
>>
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15814489-the-night-gwen-stacy-died
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.