[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumbing of Age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: Carla is rich we get it.png (400 KB, 1000x333) Image search: [Google]
Carla is rich we get it.png
400 KB, 1000x333
I'm not even sure what to think anymore.
>>
>>84317685
I know what you should think:

"I need to stop subjecting myself to this torture and drop this comic."

Trust me, the only times I've heard about Willis was from here. If you guys didn't bitch about him, he would live a life of obscurity.
>>
>>84317786
He makes enough money to live off from this comic, anon
>>
>>84317685
don't worry, this comic will tell you what to think eventually

actually what? is this the future? why would there be ultracar toys? did ultracar become famous? i quit shortpacked a long time ago
>>
>>84317685
What the hell is up with her glasses?
>>
>>84317685
this is hack fan-fiction tear exposition.
>everyone hated me
>whatever reason was convenient
probably a fucking clue about something, isn't it?
>>
>>84317809
Okay so quick breakdown.

This is an alternate Universe where Willis is using all the same characters from Shortpacked!, but they're in college. Also Carla is Ultra Car from Shortpacked!, but in this Universe instead of being a humaney lookin' robot or whatever, she's a transgender girl who based her entire life around a shitty cartoon show back in the 90's.
>>
File: 1410837285714.jpg (95 KB, 625x790) Image search: [Google]
1410837285714.jpg
95 KB, 625x790
>>84317685

>Everyone else hated me for whatever reason was convenient.

Yeah, I'm certain people hated her for reasons completely unrelated to the fact that she's a huge annoying asshole. Then again, she is a spoiled rich kid, so it's not like that's unusual.
>>
>>84317685
I genuinly don't get Carl's logic.
>>
File: Carla Ruten.png (147 KB, 750x687) Image search: [Google]
Carla Ruten.png
147 KB, 750x687
>>84317867
What do you expect when Willis himself has stated that she's constantly trying to be an asshole to people.

Also get this, Jacob is one of the characters who has a cast profile. Not Mary, or Hank, or even Leslie, but Jacob somehow gets a cast profile.
>>
>>84317685

It's weird, when he was talking about Dexter & Monkey Master a couple strips ago he was articulating himself pretty well "something about cultural relevant", and then on this strip he's reduced to the diction of a ten-year-old talking about far jokes. This really inconsistent.
>>
>>84317988
I think he's intentionally being juvenille just to piss Carla off

but that might be giving him too much credit.
>>
>>84317988
It's another instance of Willis not being able to just leave a strip alone. He's done this before but the one that sticks out the most is where Becky and Joyce are talking about something in her old room and they joke about picking up sticks or something. Then he updated that to involve Joyce overreacting and looking like a spaz about the sticks.
>>
>>84317786

It's cute that you think that
>>
>>84317685

so the joke is he takes the show on the superficial level but she has all these memories. but I'm worried somehow it will be drama about him disrespecting the show and her. i mean her whole speech is about how it's not the actual show it's these memories and feelings!!
>>
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/David_Willis

Same guy?
>>
>>84317866

Carla's a guy, dude.
>>
>>84317685
Everyone hated Carla for whatever reason was convenient.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, it's because Carla is an obnoxious asshole, and ALWAYS HAS BEEN?
>>
>>84317966

But why?

What would he get out of that? Why would one WANT to be hated?
>>
>>84318123
Pretty much. Willis decided some time ago that anything that made Walky happy was for the wrong reasons.
>>
File: 1466549140940.jpg (30 KB, 480x490) Image search: [Google]
1466549140940.jpg
30 KB, 480x490
>>84317966

>Is constantly an asshole to everyone because she craves attention.
>Is disheartened when that attention is negative or openly hostile.
>Didn't even come from a neglectful family situation that might explain such behavior, and in fact comes from a privileged, wealthy corporate/engineering family with parents that doted on her and paid for everything she's ever wanted or needed.
>We're supposed to sympathize with this character because...trans?

Carla is one of the least relatable characters in this entire shit show of a webcomic. Nothing about her behavior is justified or even logical given her upbringing. She's just an asshole that fucks with people and then acts surprised when someone lashes out right back like Mary did. And then she flaunts her power, money, and influence right back at Mary with that dangerous pie-machine prank.

Not even Becky is this completely infuriating.
>>
>>84318203
It's nice to know how people feel about you
instead of wondering if people are talking about you behind your back I'm assuming there's some sort of solace in knowing for certain that they are doing it
>>
>>84318203
Because Willis can't write anymore.
>>
>>84317685

>Everyone else hated me for whatever reason was convenient.

Maybe it's because you're a bitch cunt whose deranged gender-change did nothing but legitimize the fact that you're a bitch.
>>
>>84318236

I imagine most people would feel completely ambivalent to Carla's existence if she wasn't such a tremendous twat.
>>
>>84318237
That would imply he could write at one point.
>>
>>84317685
So, the reason she's set on being a humongous asshole to everybody is because she wants people to hate her on her own terms. She'd rather be hated for the bad things she actually did and enjoys than for existing.
>>
FEEL SORRY FOR ME BECAUSE MY ONLY TOY WAS A FUCKING INTRICATE WORK OF ENGINEERING MY PARENTS BUILT FOR ME FROM SCRATCH
>>
>Carla underwent gender reassignment because of a failed children's cartoon show.

Literally any last ability to be taken seriously gone.
>>
>>84317685
>Parents that aren't awful
How long will that last?
>>
>>84318233
That's because Becky actually had shit happen to her and Carla was just an anti-social asshole.

I want this meeting to happen now, just to see Willis try and justify the hugbox surrounding Carla.
>Becky: Yeah, my dad kidnapped me and beat up my girlfriend because it turns out I like girls. Mom also tried to commit suicide and I walked in on her doing it once.
>Carla: Yeah well, my favorite cartoon didn't have any toys.
>>
>>84318306

The logic behind this tactic is flawed, because there are plenty of people who would not hate Carla simply for existing / being trans that WOULD grow to hate her because she's doing annoying shit all the time.
>>
>>84317685
Hopefully Ross comes back and just shoots Carla. I take back what I said previously, Becky I don't think actually knows better. She's just plain stupid. Carla is a cunt with rich parents who give her whatever she wants and can't comprehend why nobody likes her.
>>
>>84317685
>for whatever reason was convenient
You're a bitch, full stop.
>>
>>84318346
Apparently she might be adopted. Or a robot. But she's definitely an asshole.
>>
>>84318326

Well, thinking you're a woman in a man's body is mentally ill to start with.
>>
>>84317685

>Obsesses over cartoons which even the most retarded children knew was shit

Am I supposed to empathize with a moron?

Oh, right, Willy fans are...
>>
>>84318435
>Apparently she might be adopted.

And?

>Or a robot.

This isn't Questionable Content.
>>
>>84318203
Attention whore
>>
>>84317685
This is a weird exchange, because Walky is a huge cartoon dork who was bullied by his childhood friend Billie and her popular clique. He hasn't been shown to have a single actual friend from high school or even elementary outside of Billie, and he's obsessed with that D&MM show (it's why him and Dorothy are together). The idea that he can get so worked up and emotional about that show that was obviously really important to him, while also not showing any deep emotional attachment is backwards.

Basically, Carla going "my life sucked but at least I had that cartoon" and Walky responding with "duh, the cartoon I liked has farts" is really bad writing. Even though Walky is about being macho, it really does read like "male nerd = bad, trans/female nerd = good." Garbage.
>>
>>84318346
>>Parents that aren't awful

Id say spoiling him to the point where they'll pay to get him butchered rather than get him therapy pretty much means theyre awful.

Im willing to bet if Carl told them to destroy the lives of Mary and her entire family, theyd do it
>>
>>84318145
Oh boy is he ever.
>>
>>84318515
Willis wanted it to be painfully obvious that Carla is the right one here. No, there's no argument or anything going on, but Carla must be always made to look right.
>>
>>84318515

>Carla going "my life sucked but at least I had that cartoon"

This would have some weight if Carla's life ACTUALLY sucked, instead of her coming from a wealthy, loving, and supportive family and most of the bad shit / hatred she gets being the result of her own shitty behavior. The fact that she's rich and white pretty much trumps any of the shit she might get for being trans.
>>
>>84317685
>people hated me for every reason that was convenient
There is always a reason, ALWAYS. Its not fucking rocket science, if you're deviant of have surplus negative traits without a personality of sense of humor to negate it then you will and should be bullied into conforming into a reasonable human standard.

That means hammering out the impurities in the very core of your being that hold you back. people either emerge stronger of shatter though the experience, its a social make or break experience necessity in growing up. Thats why people grow out being a sperg or learn to embrace it 100%, the wheat has to be culled.
>>
File: 1435941465323.jpg (34 KB, 512x362) Image search: [Google]
1435941465323.jpg
34 KB, 512x362
>>84318233
>a bourgeois acts bourgeois
>being surprised
>>
File: ghost.png (838 KB, 1000x974) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
838 KB, 1000x974
>>
>>84317685
I know in context this strip is dumb as hell, but the idea that Carla opens up and leaves herself vulnerable expressing her deep emotional attachment to a children's cartoon in the middle of a nerd fight just to have Walky not give a single fuck made me laugh out loud. Kudos Willis, you've failed into greatness.
>>
>>84318306
No, she just wants people to pay attention to her. That's it, she's an attention whore. Nobody but her parents paid attention to her as a kid so she'll act like an asshole just because it means people will have to pay attention to her.

She's honestly one of the shittiest, most self-centered assholes I've ever seen in a webcomic.
>>
Christ, at this point Willis is pretty much outlining one of Cerberus' fucking comment essays panel-by-panel, letting her know exactly how to praise him and what words to use. This is infuriating.

I wonder if anyone who archive binges this comic will be able to tell the exact point Carla went from "the new Mike" to "whatever Cerberus tells me she is".
>>
File: 2012-03-12-sshh[1].png (268 KB, 1000x333) Image search: [Google]
2012-03-12-sshh[1].png
268 KB, 1000x333
>>84318515 (Me)
Hey, I found a comic that shows his emotional investment.
>>
>>84317685
>be Carla
>rich as shit parents are loaded in dosh
>Loved by family and spoiled constantly
>act like lord fontmerory a annoying boy prince all though school
>people dont like it
>double down on being annoying since nobody pays attention to me otherwise
>disguise all self pity into righteous indignation at all criticism going though the *trans* filter
>suprised when people dont like me

people in real life like this die alone and unloved unless somebody marries into the money and arranges an 'accident'
>>
>>84318145

Yes.

The fact TF wiki has an article on him shows what a gargantuan narcissist he is.

- Has a blog
- posts regularly at Allspark
- Has had half a dozen comic strips featuring him in some form.
- Made his own "Walkypedia" to showcase every aspect of his creation
- Pays so TFU.Info has TWO banner ads of his comic on every single solitary page
- Makes TFWIKI to force more of his opinions, attitudes and biases onto readers

He's far more than an ordinary attention whore. He's an attention SINGULARITY from which the tiniest ray of humility can escape
>>
>>84318743
>accident
what did he mean by this
>>
>>84318671
How is Walky even remotely negroid

Are we sure his family aren't just Mexicans pretending to be black for the pity points and they just didn't tell the kids "We're really beaners, i mean even our eyes are beans"
>>
File: Hmm.png (6 KB, 408x286) Image search: [Google]
Hmm.png
6 KB, 408x286
>>84318655

Ooooh, I think I get it now. See, I was coming at her behavior thinking it was illogical that someone without a neglectful home life would crave attention so strongly, but you've opened my eyes. It's BECAUSE her parents paid so much attention to her and gave her everything she ever wanted (from toys to hormones) that she needs attention from others. She got so used to being the center of the universe that the idea of people being ambivalent to her existence was incomprehensible. Even if it's negative attention, she NEEDS to be acknowledged. It's not about "being hated on her own terms". To Carla, someone not having an opinion about her AT ALL is far, far worse than being hated.

It all makes sense to me now.
>>
File: 1380340098547.jpg (38 KB, 450x495) Image search: [Google]
1380340098547.jpg
38 KB, 450x495
>>84318772
>tfw married a passing trap but shes such a annoying peice of shit and more hung than me so decide to cut the breaks of her car
>tfw have to tell her i love her with a strait face before she drives off
>>
I'm actually genuinely interested to see where Willis goes with the very CONCEPT of Carla's parents considering her original 'parent' was Joe and he's just another student now.
>>
>>84317685
Christ, did Willis just start randomly raging about some cartoon cancellation and decide to insert his rant into his strips for a few days? Like what the fuck is this? I know he's bad, but that last panel is Dobson-tier.

>Everyone else hated me for whatever reason was convenient
It's a little late for me to give a shit about a character getting hate when the story has explicitly stated that she wants to get hate.
>>
>>84318958
>Christ, did Willis just start randomly raging about some cartoon cancellation and decide to insert his rant into his strips for a few days?
One of the things he had her mention was Ultra Car getting canceled due to it not getting ratings in the right demographic so yes, he believes the (long disproven) rumor that Young Justice was canceled because girls watched it and decided to include that in his story.
>>
>>84319029
This is going to end with the Ultra Car cartoon going on netflix and getting new seasons due to Carla's parents money, isn't it?
>>
WORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDS
>>
>>84319029
I thought it was canceled because nothing Greg Weisman has his hand in can last longer than two seasons?
>>
File: What.jpg (15 KB, 120x178) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
15 KB, 120x178
>>84318233
>In which a person's told to check their privilege by one of the most privileged people on campus.
>>
>>84318198
Carla an asshole? This Carla >>84317966? No way!
>>
>>84318322
>POOR RICH KID!
>>
>>84319118
Nobody bought the toys. That's really it.
>>
>>84319247
Because toys are only for collectors these days. Just make a fucking pay to win game where you can upgrade the heroes and sell it for 99 cents. Kids'll eat that shit up.
>>
>>84319247
CN also grossly mismanaged its time slots. You'd see tons of advertisements for it but rarely the show itself.
>>
>>84318958

I guess having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting
>>
>>84317988
>>84318018
I feel like if someone I didn't particularly like decided to waste my time with their life story I would end up fucking with them like this
>>
>>84317685
What an insufferable little shit.
We get it, you're rich.
The tactful thing isn't to rub it in people's faces.
>>
>>84319247

The toys weren't particularly good. They never made Superboy and Miss Martian
>>
File: 1438236403007.png (73 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
1438236403007.png
73 KB, 300x500
>>84317685
Im going to take a shot in the fucking dark and assume the reason people hate him is because hes an asshole and has always been somewhat unpleasant to deal with. So then it comes back to Im an asshole because people thought I was an asshole for being an asshole. Except now hes got silicon and a skirt
>>
>>84317834
I want to know if Willis has that level of self-awareness, since this is obviously the narrator talking directly to the audience through Carl, or if he's truly so oblivious.
>>
>>84317685
>>84317966
Carla is the worst
>>
>>84319492
Willis doesn't care.
He went fucking completionist on the Justice League Unlimited figures, and they were fucking terrible.
>>
>>84318671
Walky being an ass here is badly out of character. Willis a hack, news at 11. Billie a shit
>>
>>84317685
>WORDS WORDS WORDS
Did B^Uckly or Winston Rowntree guest write this?
>>
>>84318322
>>84319197
>...So we searched everywhere, we did. Every Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us in the Indianapolis area. Nothing. We found out Ultra Car toys didn't exist. Nobody wanted the license.

>But one day I come home from school and there it is. It's a little Ultra Car toy. My mom and dad made me one. A scratch-build.

>She even went from car mode to spaceship mode to submarine mode...that day I realized that I had a family.

>Everyone else made fun of me for being the weird, awkward kid from foster care. But no matter they said or did to me...there was still Ultra Car waiting for me at home, letting me know that my mom and dad loved me no matter what.

>I loved that little car. I loved her. I wouldn't be, I couldn't be, who I am today without her.
>>
File: 435.png (526 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
435.png
526 KB, 1600x900
>>84317786
It doesn't help that Ronnie is also partly responsible.
>>
File: 2965726-7598748466-james.gif (1 MB, 538x369) Image search: [Google]
2965726-7598748466-james.gif
1 MB, 538x369
I wish I could read the whole Brown Family arc (Joyce, Jaqueline, Joe being Joyce's confidant, etc) in a comic that is not this comic.

I really want a good loss of faith story in a comic.
>>
>>84320648
Only if it is followed up by a restoration arc.
Those can bring some real feels.
>>
>>84317685

There's lots of stuff wrong with doa. But I see nothing wrong with this specific comic whatsoever. She projected on a work of fiction when she was younger. That's pretty normal. Also, parents lover her. Good for them.

>>84318233

Bottom left dog looks pretty chill.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (89 KB, 722x743) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
89 KB, 722x743
>>84320215
The conspiracy runs deeper!

In all seriousness though, is that just a webring-style banner, or do the creators manually select what goes there?
>>
>>84317685
Is that supposed to garner sympathy?
I don't care if everyone hated her when she was a kid and she liked a show no one else did. She's still an awful immature cunt that starts shit and then can't handle consequences.
>>
is there like

a clinical condition for being unable to write characters that resemble human beings

it feels like he's deliberately avoiding it at this point
>>
>>84320949
I think Hiveworks forces it on all its partners.
>>
>>84321727
It's not a condition, it's just a result of getting his views on the real world from an echo chamber.
>>
>>84317786

The reason we bitch about willis comics is to innoculate ourselves against the dumb shit some ______ized female is going to drop in our laps that she got from a David Willis comic, like the idea that trannies are human.
>>
>>84317685
>>84318671
I think this is the biggest example of character assassination to prove a point. Walky is an insensitive dick about cartoons because he has watched a bulk of them. He's basically the closest thing their universe has to a /co/ shitposter. But he has a very deep and emotional connection with shows. They were basically the only constant in his life after his sister went to Tennesee and his only other friend left. Someone like Walky would be more than understanding about how a cartoon can actually mean more to someone.

But we need someone to be a dick and Walky's Male and JUST white enough so...
>>
>>84321727
Being a hack?
>>
>>84317685
>it's an author-tries-to-justify-his-toy-obsession strip
Don't worry Carla, I'm sure someday, with enough hindsight, you'll figure out the reasons everyone hated you.
>>
>>84321727
well it's not like he can extract that internally, even those who admit being his friends think he's a failure of a human being.
>>
>>84322790
>>
>>84317786

Hide the thread and move on, autist.
>>
>>84321764
The jumpbar helps their popular comics feed the less popular ones, so if nothing else we can be happy that people might go from Shortpacked to Whomp! and get some damn culture.
>>
>>84322800
there have also been rumors that his wife fucks dudes at cons but considering she looks like an even more androgynous clone of him they are highly questionable.
>>
>>84322803
The ironing
>>
>>84322840

Whatever are you blathering on about?
>>
>>84317914
That's because Carla is saying that Ultra Car was important to her but not why. Nothing about the characters, the plots, or anything about the show. Mostly what she gets across is that her parents had the resource or technical knowledge to fabricate a transforming toy for their darling pariah child.
>>
>>84322824

Jesus Christ, these guys are friends?

"Walky, buddy, how are things, ya fuckin' loser? You greasy shit stain of a human being. You pathetic excuse for a man who can barely dress himself let alone make it through a plain ride without shitting his pants. A man who's wife probably despises him and enjoys the precious moments she can have away from him. You really are a walking sack of stale jizzim, you know that? Haha, but we have fun. Love ya, buddy!"
>>
>>84318525
>destroy the lives of Mary and her entire family,
I'd like to see that. Mary keeps getting news of verwhelming economic pressure being brought to bear against her family and she goes out to the hallway where Carla is waiting with a smug look on her face. The comments section would be celebrating like they won the Super Bowl every time.
>>
>>84318630
Nice. I always imagined that Ruth appeared with a BAMF noise and smell of sulfur.
>>
>>84320934
There is nothing wrong with this comic in isolation. However, within context she's trying to win a nerd fight with a personal sob story. On a meta level the author is also trying to force a sympathetic backstory on a character whose personality has always been attention whoring asshole and the best he can come up with is "kids were mean to me when I was younger and my parents, who are fucking loaded, cared about me enough that they drove around to every toy store looking for a toy of my favorite cartoon and when they couldn't find one hand built me one." It doesn't really do much to engender sympathy for Carla, but it does make her parents sound like awesome people.
>>
>>84323532
He's talking to Willis IRL, which means he is Willis' best friend.
>>
>>84323532
>>84324007
Sad thing is that once you read up about what Willis is like in person the strips turn into a gentle ribbing.
>>
File: I miss the old Willis.jpg (117 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
I miss the old Willis.jpg
117 KB, 900x720
>>84317988
>>84318515
>>84321936
Walky's a stupid asshole now, mostly to make other characters look better.
>>84322800
This always makes me laugh.
>>
>>84324057
Source please, I need something to wake me up.
>>
>>84322800
The saddest part of this whole bunch of cartoons to me is that fourth panel. His genuine happiness at seeing Willis actually stand up for himself IRL for once. It basically explains everything you need to know about why he acts and scripts cartoons in such a staggeringly asshurt way.
>>
>>84317685

Oh no, a rich white boy wanted a toy and threw a fit so hard his rich white parents made one for him
>>
....So Carla is basically Briana Wu?
>>
File: Is this untermensch serious.png (184 KB, 211x466) Image search: [Google]
Is this untermensch serious.png
184 KB, 211x466
>>84323532
>He doesn't talk to his friends like this
Its all banter
>>
>>84317988
In the first strip, he was an author avatar justifying Willis' love for Transformers and other old cartoons. In this one, he's the punchline to prevent the strip from becoming too dramatic/interesting.
>>
>>84318233
Carla suffers from severe affluenza.
>>
>>84318630

posted

t. tumblr anon
>>
>>84317685
>My transforming toy car inspired me to cut my penis off.
That's what I got from the fifth panel.
>>
File: 347wuf.jpg (28 KB, 465x352) Image search: [Google]
347wuf.jpg
28 KB, 465x352
>>84317685
>everyone else hated me for whatever reason was convenient
Is that really what completely unlikable idiots tell themselves to justify being shitheads and never working on becoming better people?
>>
>>84325844
>Is that really what completely unlikable idiots tell themselves to justify being shitheads and never working on becoming better people?
Yes, actually.
>>
>>84318770

>The fact TF wiki has an article on him shows what a gargantuan narcissist he is.

As much as I hate Willis, his wiki entry is mostly just a list of the Transformers stuff he's worked on.
>>
>>84318770

>Has a blog
That's been a common thing for well over a decade, now.

>posts regularly at Allspark
He likes Transformers, no? Why does posting regularly somewhere make you a narcissist?

>Has had half a dozen comic strips featuring him in some form.
Are you talking about him self-inserting, or other people doing comics about him? Again, self-inserting in comics is pretty common, especially in webcomics.

>Made his own "Walkypedia" to showcase every aspect of his creation
Wikis are common as fuck now. And it's more to catalog rather than showcase it. That just means he's anally retentive.

>Pays so TFU.Info has TWO banner ads of his comic on every single solitary page
No shit a guy who makes comics buys ads.

>Makes TFWIKI to force more of his opinions, attitudes and biases onto readers
Is this not just him being anally retentive again?
>>
>>84318772

Maybe they're lured into a trap
>>
It's pretty weird how all these different characters are approaching and talking to the trans character like they're a regular person and not awkwardly trying to end their conversation so they don't have to look at them any more.
>>
>>84326931

She's rich, so she can afford to pass well.
>>
>>84326931

Yeah, to be completely honest pretty much every tranny I've ever seen is pretty deep in the uncanny valley, no matter how well they pass.
>>
>we fine gentlefolk start trolling Walkypedia
>post links to his pay-to-read shit
>Willis posts asking them to do something about it
>wikifolk answer truthfully and kindly that there's not much they can do, but meantime he should look into securing his belongings more
>Willis FREAKS OUT, demeans the wiki as not worth his attention, then whines about them on Twitter
>wiki solves the problem
>grovels at him begging forgiveness

Old story but still funny
>>
>>84327406
Sometimes Willis needs to keep his personal army in line. Internet Cred will be an essential currency in the near-future.
>>
>>84317866
kaaaaayyyy...
>>
>>84319247

Weisman himself confirmed this 100% wrong. Low toy sales were the only cause. WB was fine with the additional demographics, they were upset with the low toy sales. The Invasion Toys were neigh impossible to find in store too.

CN/WBs inter political bullshit probably played a part too because DC kept advertising it and GL and then airing their own shows because DC Nation had stronger ratings and they had to pay to air it.
>>
>>84324672
This desu. If a rich black boy did the same thing his rich black parents would just give him a gun.
>>
>actually mildly funny instance of characters arguing about cartoons
>SUDDENLY, TRANS DRAMA

jesus CHRIST I know I shouldn't be surprised by oh my fucking GOD
>>
>>84326739
>He likes Transformers, no? Why does posting regularly somewhere make you a narcissist?

Allspark is where the narcissistic assholes tend to go. It's pretty hated by most other Transformer forums because they feel they're better than them despite being just as shitty, and it's incredibly despised by /toy/.

>Is this not just him being anally retentive again?

He's pretty out of control there yeah.
>>
>>84321764
It's weird to think that SMBC, Whomp!, DoA and El Goonish Shive are all on the same webcomic network.
>>
>>84317685
Why arent these threads banned yet?

It's a waste of precious space on MY /co/ board.
>>
>>84318203
If you think everyone hates you then you might sabotage yourself (intentionally or not) so their true feelings come out. Some people find it comfortable, but they're not happy people.
>>
>>84317685
>everyone hated me for whatever reason
probably because you's a bitch-ass bitch
>>
>>84318608
>being white
>mattering

That's like saying being japanese matters in japan

sure maybe the cops won't ask to see whether you're an illegal filipino or something but otherwise being japanese is just the norm and no one gives you anything extra for it
>>
>>84326739

Hi, Willis!
>>
>>84329011

But lots of cartoons last multiple seasons with no toy lines
>>
>>84317685
I actually think that Willis is inserting himself with Carla in this strip.
Think of it like this
>He made a character called ultra car
>He obessed over it.
>He couldn't let go of it
>Mainl because he was always bullied
>carried it until his late thirties to what we have now.
>>
>>84318647
It didn't make me laugh out loud, but you are right. I agree thoroughly.
>>
>>84329011
WB needs to get their cartoon house in order.

I don't like Disney's Marvel cartoons (some even annoy me) but at least Disney actually shows the Marvel cartoons.

WB makes CN and DC compete with each other. And CN doesn't want to pay DC for cartoons because it's cheaper to make their own. The only reason TTGo isn't cancelled is because it's cheaper.

I fully expect Justice League Action to be cancelled and sold into the government domain so it can never be shown on tv again. (Just like Beware the Batman).

And it's stupid because cartoons can be used to introduce heroes to kids and remind them their brand still exists.
>>
>>84331669
Every character is already a personification of some aspect of Willis' overall persona. He's admitted it in the past.
>>
>>84332358
Yeah, and he doesn't identify with Danny anymore. I wonder if he tries to conncet himself with the background characters.
>>
>>84333277
Doubt it. He's too busy connecting with a near-parody of autism and a too-white-to-be-black manchild. Also a hoarder. And an alcoholic.

And female Batman but also literally psycho.
>>
File: bigotry voodoo.png (573 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
bigotry voodoo.png
573 KB, 1000x665
>>84317685
Must be Mary's bigotry powers making Walky forget that his own history with being an ostracized kid connecting with cartoons should make his response more along the lines of "Oh wow, that is what helped me get through some tough times as a kid too. Want to hang out and watch stuff?" rather than be full autist shit there.

Damn you, bigotry voodoo
>>
>>84333885

Is this new? I feel like I've posted it before.

t. tumblr anon
>>
>>84333932
I got it off your archive.
>>
>>
>>84331669
It almost warrants an emotional response, for Carla at least, except for the whole "my parents made custom toy for me" and "I'm not sure why everyone hates me"
>>
>>84336389
If they hadn't made that toy, it might have been a bit more emotional. And generic "everyone hates me" doesn't work for me. If you're getting made fun of, then you know why, because everyone will go out of their way to inform you of it.
>>
You'd think that Carla's parents would use the design of the custom toy and pitch a new line of Ultra Car toys, or pitch their own original line of transforming vehicles that disguise themselves as robots.
>>
>>84337616
That would only make sense if her parents had some kind of toy or modeling business, from what we've seen they're more like a Google analogue.

>>84337601
>>84336389
I tried altering the dialogue to make her attachment to the car symbolize her connection to her parents, since she's adopted, here >>84319838

Not sure if it really works though.
>>
>>84338299
Forgot your image?
>>
>>84318203
Negative attention is better than none at all in the eyes of some.
>>
>>84338389
No, I don't really have the desire to run an actual edit so I linked an earlier post that contains altered dialogue.
>>
>>84338299
Even so, they could still pitch the design patents or whatever to toy companies. Plus, if Google's rich enough to have their own fiber optics network, then Fake Google can probably have their own toy company.
>>
>>84338642
Yes, but Google's sub-businesses tend to relate to each other and their core.
>>
>>84317802
Why does that matter to anyone that isn't him?
>>
>>84339211
It's cause some anon was insinuating that Willis makes a living based on the strength of these threads alone.
>>
>>84338949
Fair enough.

Maybe Fake Google could implement it into some kind of smart droid. Maybe androids.

...And now I'm picturing DoA being a semi-distant past version of QC, and Carla's parents are responsible for the droids in that comic.
>>
>>84339291

It's ultimately not about money at this stage anyway. Willis is trying to build up enough social currency to become a Prominent Online Personality. The problem is, outside of his TF wiki he's pretty small-time in TF Fandom, his comic knowledge is limited to stuff he gleams from websites and DC animated series. Even in the social commentary game, enough people have realized that, just maybe, the middle-aged white fanboy who's married with two kids might not be the ideal spokesperson for LBGT issues.
>>
>>84338949
>>84339721
Google owns a bunch of companies that make devices that are only tangentially related to the internet, like Nest Labs which makes products like smoke detectors with wifi connection and are programmable
It's not a huge suspension of disbelief that this fake google could make toys

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Alphabet
Alphabet is a company that the CEOs and founders of google created that bought google
>>
>>84339894
>Alphabet is a company that the CEOs and founders of google created that bought google
No, Alphabet is Google, Inc. itself, but renamed and rebranded. There is still a "Google" that now operates beneath the Alphabet umbrella.

But other than that, yeah. It's not impossible for Google to consider branching out into toys or something.
>>
>>84340069
What's the difference between making a new company and moving all assets there and renaming/branding/creating your company to include the old company and all of it's assets?
>>
>>84340151
Probably some bullshit tax shit or something.
>>
>>84340151
In Google's case, they didn't have to change the name on the front of the building.

>No, we're still Google. We're just technically under Alphabet now. It's... invisible!

Or something like that.
>>
>>84339802
I think he'd probably get a lot more cred if he just admitted he's a middle-aged white guy who tries to be supportive even if he's not always the most knowledgeable guy about LGBT issues. Assuming he's actually sincere about it all.
>>
>>84323532
Friends rag on each other all the time. It's all in good fun although it comes off worse than it should because it's all true and Willis is a pathetic sad sack.
>>
>>84341089
Being supportive and doing what he can would be significantly better than constantly grovelling over his tragic bigoted Christian past. That makes it look like all his grandstanding is all about him and reconciling his Midwestern suburban angst.
>>
>>84341715
>Midwestern suburban angst

Sounds like a great name for a self-aware punk band.
>>
>>84341833
Dibs!
>>
>>84341855
FIGHT ME FOR IT. WHO CAN BE MORE META-PUNK!?
>>
>>84341715
>tragic bigoted christian past
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>84341877
My dad put a limit on my Amex Card, and it totally sucks because now I can't buy new vinyls from FYE
>>
>>84341906
Yeah, its why Willis can't deal with ethnic fans face to face because of how His Kind treated people like them, so it turns into a weird grovel-fest.

>Sorry!
>Look, just stop apologizing and actually change and do someth-
>SORRRRYYYY!
>Oh for fuck sake...
>>
>>84331669

In the past few strips Walky is exemplifying Willis' immaturity and complete and utter inability to accept an opinion outside his own.
>>
>>84342068
that doesn't make it fucking tragic.

FUCK willis pisses me off with that shit, ESPECIALLY how he uses it as an excuse to constantly rag on and hate christians.
>>
>>84332020

I found Hulk and the Agents of SMASH enjoyable
>>
>>84342068

Got any images of such? I'd love to have more shit to snicker at him for.
>>
>>84317834
obviously they hated her for being trans, before she was even aware of it herself, and every reason they gave for hating him was just a lie to pretend they weren't committing a hatecrime
>>
File: Dorothy's about to get DP'd.png (406 KB, 1000x333) Image search: [Google]
Dorothy's about to get DP'd.png
406 KB, 1000x333
New Patreon Page.
>>
>>84342289
>filename.png
I like you.
>>
>>84342330
If only Yoto were still alive.
>>
>>84342289
He really, REALLY needs to practice drawing hands. And show them interacting, if that was supposed to be a handshake.
>>
>>84342289
>setting up MMtFF threesome as next porno

pls willis
>>
>>84342289
>Heartfelt life story
>Fart joke
Oh man, I bet he's gonna get it!
>More nerd war
Oh, never mind, this is just frivolous nonsense.

In before next strip is super dramatic again.

>>84342330
>>filename.png
They're gonna form a wobbly H.
>>
>>84342289
I hate all 3 of them.
>>
>>84342390
Man at some point, Penises and Vaginas are gonna' be bumpin.
>>
>>84342431
Only one vagina
>>
>>84342468
Dorothy is an overachiever, she could have lots if she puts her mind to it!
>>
>>84342183
Sadly just second-hand convention appearance stories I've seen in these threads.

Does the dude even bother with actual conventions still? Last I saw he and some of his web comic pals basically do video-conference/skype kind of things.
>>
>>84342419
after this strip, we probably won't see any of these characters again for at least a month
>>
>>84342289
Dorothy gonna get DPd.
>>
>>84342289
>that hillary clinton slam
But I thought it was current year and we need to have a female president already? Or is this Willis remembering what year his comic takes place in and keeping the social commentary to what it should be at the time? Or some third thing I forgot to think of?
>>
>>84342785
Wasn't she a foreign secretary for Obama? I think she still did stuff.
>>
>>84318203
It's an excuse to a lot of people to avoid self-improvement.

Why didn't I have friends? It wasn't that I made no effort to be social, or never learned how to interact with people, it's because they hated me

Why am I sad? It's not self pity, it's that people hate me no matter what I do

Why should I improve? Everyone's going to hate me anyways.
>>
>>84342785
Carla is rich and is going to go Galt if people don't give her what she wants.
>>
>>84329582
Hide the thread and move on, autist.
>>
>>84341649

I remember seeing on the QC front page a link to Shortpacked labeled "David Willis is a jerkface"

So turds of a feather really do flock together
>>
>>84341089

With SJWs it'a all about grandstanding and stroking their egos, rather than a sincere desire to do any actual good.
>>
>>84342785

Not to defend anything but Hillary has been a meddlesome figure in politics since her First Lady days
>>
>>84342895
That's some good logic in terms of defense mechanisms.
>>
>>84342289
>>84317685
>college students genuinely arguing over some show
This is probably the most realistic page of DoA I've ever seen. But I went to an engineering college where we literally had retarded people walking around. Dudes who could do physics and stuff, but no idea how to talk to women in a normal way. Fat women who could do math, but tried to act like anime characters. Unironic fedoras and t-shirts. People with no less than four mlp items on at any given time.

Anyways, I hated that school and I hate Willis's comic.
>>
>>84343959
>an engineering college
Well, there's your first problem. You didn't go to an actual college.
>>
>>84344089
It was awful. I got two majors in four years, where people spend seven on one. My school's gen eds were a joke, they were so specified that if you changed your major (even during freshman year) you added another year, at least.

Willis would have liked it there. Lots of feminism and white knighting.
>>
>>84344329
Well, Willis supposedly spent one year in university before dropping out. Maybe he spent the rest of his education at one of those kinds of colleges?
>>
>>84344350
I'm starting to think I went to a technical school.
mst.edu
I went to a real college, it's a branch of University of Missouri. I got bachelor's in Math and Econ.
>>
>>84344402
Yeah, technical schools aren't colleges. They just pretend to be.

As for Missouri S&T, I went to just plain Mizzou. Though I'm going back this fall for a graduate degree. I feel like the only reason I was accepted was because they're strapped for cash after the BLM protests.
>>
>>84344444

>post mentioning BLM gets quints
>post has 4
>4 dead cops in dallas

jesus christ stop the ride I want to get off
>>
>>84344444
Nice quints there, buddy.
Yeah, University of Missouri system sucks.
Also, you probably got in because since they're a public school they accept pretty much whoever. I got a 32 ACT and high school 3.75 gpa, and ended up sitting between a 25 and 35 in some classes. Realistically though, from the difficulty of our classes, we shouldn't have accepted anyone below a 29
>>
>>84344554
Well, I HAVE been posting in /pol/ all night...

>>84344581
That's true, but it's still the grad program. That suffered alongside the incoming freshman numbers.
They probably took in anybody who was willing to pay to go to their school.
>>
>>84344605
I realized I sounded kind of mean. I wasn't trying to imply that you're retarded.
I'm sure you're a smart dude (after all, you're discussing a webcomic on 4chan). Best of luck with the grad school. And if you didn't know, there's an all girls school in Colulmbia called 'Stephen's College'. It's pretty much open season for you.
>>
>>84344648
Oh, no problem. I'm probably retarded somehow.

And yeah, I know about Stephens. But to the best of my knowledge they have a third-wave feminist bent. Also lesbians, maybe.
>>
>>84344670
Not sure about that. My sister goes there, and she goes out with dudes. Wouldn't be surprised if she was bi though. Sometimes her friends hit on me when I'm visiting my parents and she's back.

I ignore them because I know what kind of people my sister hangs out with. Worse than pleb taste

Anyways, worst that happens is they say no. Or you find yourself a lady wing-man.
>>
>>84344670

It's an all-girls school, that shit is a dyke factory.
>>
>>84344738
Well, I've got emotional hangups anyways, so it probably wouldn't work out.

>>84344740
Agreed; it happened in "Dumbing of Age" which means that it happened in real life, because Willis knows how to write real-life scenarios.
>>
File: good times.png (147 KB, 296x366) Image search: [Google]
good times.png
147 KB, 296x366
This is probably some of the best characterization for Carla in the comic's run, if just because it's something other than:
1. Transness (good, but hardly a full personality)
2. I'm an asshole, and proud of it, and somehow this doesn't make me the worst character (The other half of her personality, and most of what we've seen so far)
>>
>>84339802

"Small-time" doesn't cover it; I'm given to understand that he's been banned or ostracized from pretty much every online Transformers community. He's one of those toxic fans that everyone else hates because he makes them look bad.
>>
Did Ruth kill herself yet?
>>
File: 1466009029602.jpg (548 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1466009029602.jpg
548 KB, 5000x5000
>>84342289
>lady
>>
>>84342289
So is Carl gonna fuck one of them now?
>>
>>84346984
Nah, they're going to go make a Dorothy sandwich, but get distracted and start sword fighting with their dicks.
>>
>>84344444
Checked
>>
>>84317685
CARLA

AND HER

EFFEMINATE

PENIS
>>
File: 5-1.png (276 KB, 1111x333) Image search: [Google]
5-1.png
276 KB, 1111x333
Sarah's roommate, Sora, sleeps in the nude.
>>
>>84345201
I'm surprised nobody's tried to buy TFWiki from him if that's the case.

Or do they use a much better wiki for information?
>>
>>84345946
He has a "no death" rule, effectively killing all forms of actual tension.
>>
>>84318770
>>84326739
>>84327406
I thought someone else made the Walkypedia and he mostly ignored it?
>>
>>84348954
Is this intentionally drawn like complete dogshit
>>
>>84350582
After all the death in the Walkyverse, this is hilarious

Remember when OG Dina got blown to bits by a bomb?
>>
>>84348954
Then why don't we see her bare fcukin titties? Huh?
>>
>>84351330
The dewd has confirmed that he doesn't put as much effort into the art for this as he does his other webcomics. Personally, I find it charming in a lo-fi sort of way, but I know you won't agree with that.
>>
>>84350582
>>84351351
It's technically a no-death rule in DoA. Nobody important will die.

The only casualty of the Toedad car chase? Physics.
>>
>>84348954
>>84351330
It's also not even DOA, really. He posts that he's not shilling, and yet he's always posting it, for his "audience", or whatever. Which are like 3 "positive" replies, tops. With >>84351938 always being one of them.
>>
>>84317867

holy shit, that is greatest version of that I've ever seen
>>
whatever these comics are they're awful
>>
>>84317966
>everyone hate her for no reason as a kid
>so she grew up making everyone hate her on purpose
>but if you hate her for a reason that she didn't intend she becomes devastated

what a deep and compelling character
>>
>>84342289

I give it one more update before Carla's a martyr again
>>
>>84343246
>Hillary has been a meddlesome figure in politics since her First Lady days

I think that's why the GOP hates her so much, she actually tried to have an influence on policy when her job was to shut up and get banged in the Lincoln Bedroom
>>
>>84351703
Gotta keep this safe for work.
If you wanna see some nudes, you gotta pay up.
>>
>>84352470
fuck off, shill
>>
>>84352533
Hey, I'm just saying, that's just the general rule, I don't do nudes unless forced with special means.
>>
>>84352579
OH

SNAP
>>
>>84352832
And don't forget that some time after this, he posted a Shortpacked! strip that mocked everyone who had never seen a rabbit vibrator before, called them 12-year-olds, and said that women only use vibrators because of the aforementioned 12-year-olds, and in doing so, made a horrible parody of a comic that aims to educate without being rude about it.
>>
>>84352579
So they're going to Glue Dorothy to the floor?
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 480x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 480x468
>>84352150
>enbyfriends
>>
File: um.gif (2 MB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
um.gif
2 MB, 500x402
>>84352832
>What are your thoughts on anal?
>Proceeds with Powerpoint presentation-
>about his bowel movements.
>complete with consistency chart.
>>
File: Perfect.jpg (245 KB, 1087x511) Image search: [Google]
Perfect.jpg
245 KB, 1087x511
>>84352579
>>
>>84352832

The first sentence of this makes me so sad. Seriously, if you're so not into drawing something you keep stopping yourself from doing it? Don't feel bad about it. It's OKAY to not want to draw something, particularly when we're talking about EROTICA for fuck's sake.
>>
>>84319132
That's the beauty of declaring yourself trans. You can be the most privileged person in the world, but put on a bad wig and suddenly you can claim to be oppressed.
>>
>>84354042
Was about to post this. What the fucking shit, Willis. How is that even remotely related?

This guy is fucking nuts.
>>
>>84354042

I wonder if any trans person has actually explained to Willis how misgendering actually works or what transphobia is actually like. I mean, it would have to be someone other than Cerberus, like a trans person that actually goes outside.
>>
>>84354193

We had a trans bridesmaid at our wedding. She's much more visibly out about it now, I'm sure she's dealt with some terrible shit as a result, but she recently brushed off the tumblr trans community as "a bunch of crazy kids who want to feel important." Something tells me most trans people out there would fucking hate Carla.
>>
>>84354311

My boyfriend's ex is trans (they split when she came out, turns out he doesn't like girls, even if they have penises) and we've talked about our experiences with bigotry a few times. I actually brought up Studygate and she flat-out said that Mary seems more like an otherwise-tolerant person who just wanted to hurt Carla than an actual bigot. People flip out and say all sorts of offensive shit, it's really hard to judge someone based on what they do in the heat of the moment. If Willis wanted Mary to be a full-blown bigot she should have been much, MUCH more openly hostile to Carla for her being trans, the moment she knew she could get away with it.
>>
>>84354042
I don't understand Willis' response. If this is sarcasm it is not well transmitted and if it's not it's absolute bullshit
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.