[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The GLA Are Back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 15
File: Great-Lakes-Avengers-Cover.jpg (542 KB, 989x1500) Image search: [Google]
Great-Lakes-Avengers-Cover.jpg
542 KB, 989x1500
Today must be press day for Marvel. First we get the new Champions series, now we have a new ongoing (yes really) Great Lakes Avengers series.

http://nerdist.com/marvel-reveals-new-great-lakes-avengers-series-exclusive/
>>
File: 018.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
018.gif
2 MB, 580x433
>>84279352
>The new ongoing series will be penned by Zac Gorman (Rick and Morty
>>
>>84279352
6 mutants on 1 cover?
>>
>>84279403
>Zac Gorman
>intothetrashitgoes

To each their own. I've never read his comics work, but I think my brother's a fan. And hey, it's more of Marvel pulling in writers who aren't the usual suspects. Which is a gamble, but it sometimes pays off.
>>
>>84279352
Today is a fucking great day.
>>
Well, Champions, USAvengers and GLA are definitely going to beat DC Rebirth, kek.
What's next? Forbush Man?
>>
>>84279458
I like the show well enough and I like the GLA but the R&M comic is fucking godawful. Why couldn't they get Slott to write this again?
>>
>>84279477
He'll be in an upcoming deadpool mini
>>
>>84279590
Lel, House of Desperate Ideas
I also wait for 3D-Man ongoing
>>
THE GLA ARE BACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwSpEQ1p-WI
>>
>>84279477
Slapstick ongoing. Someone cap this post so I can be proven right when it's announced.
>>
>>84279477
I'm still waiting for an Agents of Atlas ongoing, since they showed up in SW
>>
That Shriek, someone tell Cletus she's alive and well
>>
>>84279638
It sold like shit, around 16k or less
>>
The best gimmick for this comic would be if every issue it was renamed as different team.
Like, issue #2 would be "Great Lakes X-Men #1"
issue #3 "Great Lakes Defenders #1"
issue #4 "Great Lakes Invaders #1"
etc, etc
>>
>>84279638
They've already tried several times
>>
GLA movie when?
>>
>>84279694
That joke is a bit too old
>>
>>84279720
probably never, but they could cameo if they ever do a Squirel Girl film
>>
>>84279720
That would be interesting to say the least. The CGI for Flatman and Big Bertha would have to be damn good.
>>
>>84279731
But it would be good for sales
Every issue would be #1
>>
>>84279742
Squirrel Girl can't handle her own movie. As we know now she can't handle her own comic.
>>
>>84279352
>“They also have, as seen on our advance cover, a life-size cardboard Squirrel Girl stand-up because whenever there’s a photo op, if you have Squirrel Girl in the shot, she’s very popular, so it’ll get picked up and people will pay attention to it,” Brevoort explained.

Literally LET'S PUT SQUIRREL GIRL ON THE COVER TO BOOST THE SALES explained
>>
>>84279352
Nice stealth mini.
>>
>>84279646
He knows. He was with her in Deadpool vs Carnage.
>>
>>84279755
Easy. Hire two hot identical twins years before shooting begins. And fatten one up to around 450 lbs. The CGI will handle the transformation, it will look more realistic, and she'll get an Oscar for dedication. Everybody wins.
>>
>>84279765
Like now you mean?
>>
I'm not gonna be buying it or anything, but I think it's a relatively fun idea, especially with how unexcited I am for the new Marvel now.

I've always sorta thought Doorman was neat.
>>
>>84279854
more like Now! (r) TM
>>
>>84279818
But he got depressed when he almost killed her anon.
>>
Since no one else has bothered:

>GREAT LAKES AVENGERS #1
Written by ZAC GORMAN
Penciled by WILL ROBSON
Cover by WILL ROBSON
Variant cover by MICHAEL ALLRED

“All New, All Different?” No, thank you! New things are bad and different things are scary! Instead, why not join everybody’s least favorite Super Hero team, The Great Lakes Avengers in their brand new—but not too brand new—ongoing series, Same Old, Same Old, Great Lakes Avengers! When the team gets reinstated as permanent members of the Avengers and uprooted to Detroit, the GLA has one more shot at Super Hero glory…but can they answer the call? Do they even have 4G coverage here? Find out!”

In advance of the announcement, I caught up with Zac Gorman and editor Tom Brevoort to pick their brains about the latest iteration of the Great Lakes Avengers, why now is the right time for the team to make its triumphant return, and much more.

Let’s begin with the obvious question: why is now the right time to revive the Great Lakes Avengers?

“Now is the time for Great Lakes Avengers to return, one, because I simply want to do it,” Brevoort joked. “They need to give me perks to keep doing the comics that people like and that sell really well,” he added with a laugh.
>>
File: shutupandtakemymoney.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
shutupandtakemymoney.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>84279352
>>
Well, that explains why they're releasing that GLA collection next month. I'll definitely check it out.
>>
>>84279901
>“I had been working on a different Marvel project that ending up falling through, so I went to talk to Tom about it,” Gorman explained. “This is my first Marvel book, my first superhero book. I’ve always loved the C-list characters, the obscure characters, and the comedy stuff. So, when I heard ‘Great Lakes Avengers,’ I immediately kind of latched on to that and thought it’d be a great book for me. But the Great Lakes region is where I’ve spent the majority of my life. I’ve lived in Detroit area and Chicago and the west side of Michigan and all around the Great Lakes, so it kind of seemed like a perfect fit right off the bat for me. So I just hit the ground running and started coming up with ideas for how I could make the series fresh again

>“This is what you call good editing,” Brevoort added winkingly. “Good, insightful editing. I was able to subtly realize those things ahead of time and go, ‘Zac Gorman, he’s the guy to write Great Lakes Avengers.’ Not just because he wrote some fun Rick and Morty stories that I liked! I instinctively knew he was a native of the Great Lakes region and had this love of C-list characters! With that keen insight, I was able to pick him out of the pack.”

>“On top of that, we live in a world now in our publishing where books that range from Deadpool to Squirrel Girl have all found an audience, and I feel like Great Lakes Avengers as a concept is somewhere on the bell curve between Deadpool and Squirrel Girl. So it felt like this would be a thing where, because the Avengers are so well known from the films, a more general audience can get the joke of [GLA] than they would ten years ago. It seems like this sort of thing might be able to find some traction in a way it couldn’t have before.”
>>
>>84279933
>Placing Great Lakes Avengers in the company of heroes with cult followings like Deadpool and Squirrel Girl may seem ridiculous to some, but both were, in fact, members of the team in the past. This version of the team will contain four of the classic members — Mr. Immortal, Flatman, Big Bertha, and Doorman — as well as a few new faces that we’ll meet as the book goes on, according to Brevoort.

>“They also have, as seen on our advance cover, a life-size cardboard Squirrel Girl stand-up because whenever there’s a photo op, if you have Squirrel Girl in the shot, she’s very popular, so it’ll get picked up and people will pay attention to it,” Brevoort explained. “So they’ve got that in case anybody is paying attention to them. That way they can set it up and still seem like they’re Squirrel Girl’s buddies.”

>“Technically she’s too nice to really frame it that way, but clearly she’s gone on to bigger and better things!”

>But with no Squirrel Girl or Deadpool on the team, who is poised to be the book’s breakout star?

>“I did an interview with Marvel.com, and I’ve been talking it up, but I think that Doorman is going to be the breakout star,” Gorman confessed. “He’s kind of got a smaller part in the series, but his moments land pretty well. He’s got an interesting story, with some of the stuff built into his backstory in regards to his relationship with these cosmic forces. There’s a lot of potential when you have a guy who is a complete screw-up, who is very self-involved and doesn’t take his job seriously, but is also kind of responsible for the fate of the universe. He’s kind of my favorite, but I’ve been having fun with Flatman also because he has a lot of range that hasn’t really been explored in the past.”
>>
>>84279973
>Many people may be willing to write off the Great Lakes Avengers as something of a joke, but they have been a part of some truly massive Marvel events, including Civil War, Fear Itself, and Secret Invasion. With an inherent irreverence to the team but a sense of urgency and epicness to the world they inhabit, Gorman and Brevoort are striving to create a book that is both funny, but feels grounded in the real world.

>“To me, comedy is where they thrive,” Gorman explained. “One of the things I think we’ve done with this book is grounding the wackiness of [the team.] If you take this team that started out as an absurd, fourth-wall-breaking parody of a superhero team and ground them in a real world scenario, that’s where a lot of the comedy comes from — especially what I like about the team, and the tension that arises from it. It’s definitely a comedy, through and through, but it is definitely more grounded than past standalone Great Lakes Avengers books.”

>While the Avengers are based out of New York City, the Great Lakes Avengers, as their name would imply, are based out of Detroit, Michigan. But apart from economic hardship and an overwhelming amount of Juggalos, what sort of challenges will the team be facing?

>“You do get a lot of that real-world element of Detroit in the book,” Gorman said. “I’m a Detroiter myself, growing up in the Detroit area and I’m pretty familiar with it first-hand. I think taking some of those real-world issues that seem like they’d be way too grounded for the Great Lakes Avengers — and they are — like gentrification and underfunded city services, and pairing them with the absurdity of a team like Great Lakes Avengers generates a lot of comedy of the book.

>“It’s definitely a Detroit book,” Gorman continued. “There’s a lot of Detroit in it, in a way that I think is a relatively accurate depiction of the city. And not just in the RoboCop 1987 version of Detroit.”
>>
>>84279352
Wait arent they mutants except for me inmortal ?

I hope they dont have to deal with the T-mist
>>
>>84279997
>There will also be some Easter eggs sprinkled in for Detroit residents to appreciate on a deeper level too, Gorman confirms. “Some of the new characters have Detroit roots and connections to Detroit things,” Gorman explained. “I’m definitely all for working to sneak that stuff in. I was born and raised in the area, so it’s always a part of me.”

>Considering the GLA’s relatively short lifespan, they have managed to accrue an impressive cult following. But what is it exactly about Earth’s Okayest Heroes that resonates with readers?

>“I think that it’s very easy to relate and connect with a bunch of characters who really, really want to be superheroes and really, really want to do good, and be a part of this superhero experience, but who are just kind of not wonderful at it,” Brevoort said. “They’re kind of the closest, in their way, to what we, the audience, would be like if you gave us superpowers and a costume. Characters like the Great Lakes Avengers, they’re the Bad Luck Bears of superhero teams. They’ve got plenty of heart, but they’re not all that wonderful at being able to do the gig. And yet the fact that they have such heart is part of their appeal. They’re all kind of weird and offbeat and factory second superheroes in a way. They’ve got powers that kinda sound good, but aren’t all that useful, and they’re just kinda weird. I find that very appealing somehow. They’re much more like the people in my immediate circles than most of the actual superheroes we publish comics about.”

>“Yeah, they’re inept, but what I think is so endearing about their characters is that they all try really hard, and they’ve got really good hearts, and I think that’s important,” Gorman said. “That’s what makes them likable. They really try.”

And that's all.
>>
>>84280002
They are mutants. But I'd say it's more than likely they won't be anymore.
>>
>>84280002
Shhhh... don't give marvel ideas.
And don't ruin it for everyone
>>
>>84279352
literally who?
>>
>>84280085
The best thing they would do, would be just NOT mentioning it. How hard is that? They're just heroes.
>>
>>84280155
Summer is already here I see.
>>
>Champions
>Great Lakes Avengers
>USAvengers
Huh. I know we're not supposed to say anything positive about Marvel on /co/ these days, but this has me pretty hype so far.

Unless they're just front loading all interesting stuff, but so far so good.
>>
>>84279809
>we made you big, Doreen!
>you owe that to us!
>>
>>84279352
I always wondered. Why haven't any villains tried to kidnap Mr. Immortal to discover the secret to his immortality? Even aliens should be curious about him.
Who the fuck cares about Wolverine's healing factor when you have a man whose immune to death itself? He should be a big deal.
>>
>>84280177
It's July, anon.
>>
>>84280155
the best avengers
>>
>>84280085
They are Inhumans, now. (that's how they roll)
>>
>>84280196
It's kinda funny that the best thing coming from marvel might be a joke book, which probably won't be even funny.
>>
>>84280247
Lurk moar, faggot.
>>
>>84279809
She was the breakout member of the team after all.
>>
>>84279352
>ongoing series
Only because Marvel doesn't announce their minis as minis anymore.
>>
>>84279352
Kind of weird for Shriek to be the villain in this.
>>
>>84279997
>accurate depiction of Detroit
>dollars to donuts the lion's share of criminals will be white

Pick one
>>
>>84280368
probably something to do with Doorman (both have darkforce related powers)
>>
>>84280321
Since every marvel book works on a 6-issues-story-arc formula for TPB reasons, literally every book can be an mini or ongoing depending on the sales
>>
>>84279352
Will Thanos fight Doorman and Mr. Immortal for Oblivion's affection?
>>
>>84280530
I had sex with your mom
>>
>>84280550
You must be new here
>>
on a second glance I thought the cover was from the boys issue.
>>
>>84280523
I know that and that's kind of what Marvel does. But miniseries sell less than ongoings as well so Marvel does not announce their minis as minis anymore.
>>
>>84280609
I made your dad watch.
>>
>>84280631
He means in the sense that even if a book is a 6 issue mini, they could easily extend it to 12 issues if the sales warrant it. On the flipside, it could be something they planned on having be a 12 issue maxi, then cancel it at 6 because sales weren't there.

Minis are less flexible since you're locked into the announced issue count, where as the current trend of having stealth minis as "ongoings" means that you can adjust it from mini to maxi to ongoing or vice-versa based on sales without getting locked into a specific issue count that mini/maxis come saddled with.
>>
>>84279352
So Squirrel Girl is famous in-universe?
>>
>>84280862
She's on one of the big, famous Avengers teams
>>
>>84280862
They're trying really, really, REALLY hard to push her as their own Harley Quinn but the sales are so obviously not there.
>>
>>84279352
Is Marvel allowed to use Big Bertha? Isn't that fat shaming? Or she is going to be "empowering" so it's ok?
>>
>>84279352
Hey look, it's Doctor Tannenbaum
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 629x1114) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 629x1114
>>84279352
Bring back Dinah Soar.
>>
The Champions thing looks like shit, but this seems pretty good. I may just be salty about Robbie not being on Champions, but I also remember EAT IT GRANDPA
>>
>>84280963
Big Bertha is a woman with the ability to become fat or super-model skinny whenever she wants. She prefers being fat.
>>
>>84280963
let's see
A woman who can be fat/skinny
A gay flatman
A guy who tried to kill himself, but can't die
and Doorman

I see a lot of trigger potential
>>
File: Doom shall have vengance 3.png (572 KB, 682x676) Image search: [Google]
Doom shall have vengance 3.png
572 KB, 682x676
>>84279352
>GLA
>Shriek
I'm in
>>
>>84281018
Create a twitter campaign complaining that her death was just a cheap fridging, I'm sure you'll get some people on your side in no time.
>>
>>84280241
Not to mention, shouldn't he be around in every future anyone ever goes to?
>>
>>84281073
Please no, the less of them involved the better
>>
>>84279352
Better be some Leather Boy up in this.
>>
>>84281073
Do it, faggot
>>
>>84281092
I'd like some Maelstrom too. He's an Inhuman, I'm surprised Marvel hasn't brought back yet.
>>
>>84280862
She's going to be on the USAvengers during Marvel NOW, which presumably will be the US' premiere Avengers team.
>>
>>84280898
haha okay, not every female hero book is trying to be Harley Quinn. USQ and Gwenpool for that matter are nothing like Harley's book.

read some comics guys.
>>
>>84281028
>I may just be salty about Robbie not being on Champions
M-maybe that wasn't the full roster! At the very least, they better have a team-up arc with him.
>>
>>84281092
and maybe Grasshopper V
>>
File: Grasshoppergla.jpg (88 KB, 442x267) Image search: [Google]
Grasshoppergla.jpg
88 KB, 442x267
>>84281018
Bring back Grasshopper
>>
File: 1465941938296.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1465941938296.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>84281215
>>
>>84280898
>DC is trying to turn Harley Quinn in their own deadpool book
>>
>>84281279
>>
>>84281320
>>
>>84281182
>>84281189
With the rate that Grasshoppers die, we'll probably end up in the triple digits by issue 12.
>>
>>84281189
Which one though?
>>
>>84281164
It feels like he fits on a team with that theme, but forget it man. The dream is dead.
>>
>>84281375
Only one shitposting is you
>hurr durr disney shill
fuck off
>>
File: Squirrel+Vs+Fin+Fang+Foom.jpg (450 KB, 985x1511) Image search: [Google]
Squirrel+Vs+Fin+Fang+Foom.jpg
450 KB, 985x1511
>>84280862
At the very least, she's the only well known out of the GLA, but she isn't that famous.
>>
File: 1445307859908.gif (2 MB, 480x340) Image search: [Google]
1445307859908.gif
2 MB, 480x340
>>84281425
>Selina Gomez as Squirrel Girl
>>
Wonder how Bertha or the GLA feel about their old pal Deadpool reaching stardom now that I think about it.
>>
>fat acceptance character
>gay character
>suicidal character
Tumblr incarnate team. How the fuck does /co/mblr think this looks good
>>
>>84281855
False flagging won't give this series more issues, anon.
>>
>>84281855
We're old enough to have read GLA.
>>
>>84281887
Its sjw bullshit no matter when it came out
>>
>>84281913
I already told you it won't work.
>>
>>84281928
Why would i want more of the sjw bullshit? when its not written by slott
>>
>>84281876
It might get it an annual though.
>>
>>84281079
Who says he isn't? There's no reason he'd be any more remarkable or well known in the future.
>>
>>84282053
>That time Bruce Banner was the last man on Earth
>Mr. Immortal, got traped under rubble and dies of hunger every
>>
>>84282203
This. The Marvel Age is over. DC is bringing us back into a new Golden Age. Civil war II was the final nail in the coffin.
>>
welp
>>84282482

I don't even
>>
>>84282539
What are the b-sides ?
>>
>>84282683
Another omg funny book by marvel
>>
>>84279694
Archer and Armstrong already did it.
>>
>>84282539
Of course you don't, because it's a troll thread with a fake link.
>>
>>84282892
Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if marvel pulled off something like that
>>
File: kstew.jpg (62 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
kstew.jpg
62 KB, 640x426
>It's a Marvel doing a quirky comedy book again announcement.
>>
>>84279352
>things anon always wanted to happen keep happening
>Mania is back
>teens walk out of ANADA
>GLA are a thing again

How long till they announce that Whor gets replaced by BRB and Robbie Reyes returns?
>>
>>84283209
The teaser image has already confirmed Thor Odinson is coming back while rocking Ultimate Mjolnir. Either he's getting his own book or taking the reigns back over on Jane's.
>>
>>84283288
That does not answer my question.
Beta Ray Bill when?
>>
are there more shit trend chasing books now than normal ones at Marvel?
>>
>>84283332
The cover to the first issue of Mighty Thor had Beta Ray Bill and Hercules on it. Hopefully they'll be appearing soon and they weren't just scrapped.
>>
>>84279352
I intially misread that as "The GLA are Black". Not too far-fetched considering modern Marvel.
>>
>>84283485
And considering they were moved to Detroit.
I wonder what they fucked up to deserve that.
>>
>>84283209
>Mania is back
WHAT
>>
>>84279403
>Zac Gorman
The Red Noses are coming!
>>
>>84283540
Last page of the latest Venom: Space Knight shows her fuck a bunch of dudes up.
/co/ collectively had to change their panties.
>>
>>84283485
Isn't Doorman black? That's what I remember from the Christmas special
>>
>>84283832
Yeah
>>
Nobody tell Tumblr that Big Bertha is normally skinny and can simply grow big and has to shit her fat out when she's done.
>>
>>84283888
Doesn't she vomit it out?
>>
File: Poop_More.png (13 KB, 192x242) Image search: [Google]
Poop_More.png
13 KB, 192x242
>>84283888
>>
>>84283485
Mr Immortal, Big Bertha and Flatman are ok to be black if it's what it takes to be regarded as legit super heroes
>>
>>84283888
She isn't normally skinny. Big Bertha is her natural form.
>>
>>84283920

Maybe. I forget which hole.
>>
>>84283888
>ctrl + f tumblr
>2 results
Both of you need to fuck off and whine somewhere else
>>
File: Are You Serious.jpg (66 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
Are You Serious.jpg
66 KB, 400x226
>>84279352
>That ugly as shit Squirrel Girl
>>
>>84283992
That's not Erica Henderson's art though.
>>
>>84284034
Thinking that Henderson's art is solely the problem is a problem, in and of itself.
>>
>>84283992
Anon, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but that's just a piece of cardboard.
>>
>>84279352
so is mr fantastic back?
>>
>>84279352
>Rebirth does well
>couple weeks later, Marvel brings back Champions and GLA
I'm betting money something else is coming back after years of nothing, and we will know soon enough.
>>
>>84284358
>I'm betting money something else is coming back
Talent? Good art? What?
>>
>>84284320
No, Reed is still busy being God.
>>
Can't wait for it to be cancelled before 12 issues.
>>
>>84279352
Detroit? That's the wrong side of Lake Michigan!

NOT MUH!
>>
>>84279831
dammit I'm hard
>>
>>84279720
The Russos said that would be their dream project
>>
>>84279352
I'm down for this, I love the great lakes avengers.
>>
>>84279352
You forgot the variant cover.

Will Robson previously worked on Star-Lord as fill-in.
>>
File: GLAVEN2016001-cov-cols-71d56.jpg (469 KB, 900x1365) Image search: [Google]
GLAVEN2016001-cov-cols-71d56.jpg
469 KB, 900x1365
No watermarks:

>>84279352
>>
>>84286816
>>84286816
>>
>>84279352
I really loved Slott's original GLA as a slam against the grimdark cycle that both Marvel and DC were in at the time.

I miss the '00s Slott who was openly making fun of the things other people at Marvel were doing in their comics, particularly Bendis. Now he's the Establishment.
>>
>>84279352
>the new Champions series

wat.
>>
>>84287137
Kamala, Miles, Sam, Amadeus and Viv form a new team because they lost faith in the Avengers initiative inbetween CW II showing them the weakness of their idols and USAvengers seemingly selling out to the government.
>>
>>84279352
why is chris chan a villain?
>>
>>84279617
>Obscure characters are inherently bad
What?
>>
>/co/ cares about Marvel now
ok
>>
>>84289548
OP here. I'm a bit burned out on Marvel, but something like a GLA series is exactly what would bring me back. Also, what else am I going to do when I'm in the mood for a superhero book? Read DC? Bwahahahaha!
>>
>>84290598
This.
Aside from a small handful of books like New Avengers, Vision, and Karnak, there isn't too much to by hyped about in a post SW Marvel.
Even the Neo-Duggan era of Deadpool is lackluster compared to the previous run.
It's heartbreaking that they skewed up the return of the Thunderbolts and gut wrenching to see the Avengers line up.
>>
>>84290598
Well, get hyped for GLA, meanwhile, I will read Batman, Superman, WW, GL, GA. And for the first time in this decade. kek
>>
>>84284488
actually, 5 issues, and a relaunch
>>
>>84291805
>Even the Neo-Duggan era of Deadpool is lackluster compared to the previous run.
THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who thought this.

I also feel like post SW Ms Marvel to be lacking. They aren't doing a good job building up a rogues gallery for her. And they seem to care more about putting her into wacky situations. Also her being on the Avengers and teaming up with every person in 616 kinda demolishes her underdog newbie street hero gig. And NOW she's been dragged into a terrible event by Bendis. And her Tie-in issue was boring and her sister's argument poor.
>>
>>84292241
Yeah, I hear some of them are decent again after the new new relauch. My plan is to wait a year. At that point, if DC editorial hasn't screwed everything up again with more bullshit events or idiotic story mandates or hasty writer changes, I'll catch up on some of them.

Right now, I think of DC like a fancy restaurant with circus clowns for wait staff. It doesn't matter how good the food coming out of the kitchen is if the clowns are just going to dump it on the floor or throw it in my face. Once they've proved they can deliver a meal intact, then I'll consider going back.
>>
>>84286977
>Slott then: Remember when superheroes use to be fun and have adventures on the moon?
>Slott now: watch me kill all these characters in gruesome ways! Hope I make someone mad! More Death!
>>
>>84279477
Marvel really is going with the "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" tactic here.
I honestly wonder if this is Disney's doing or what.
I don't think the guys at Marvel can be this inept and not be able to get the comics back on track.
>>
>>84279590
First Infinite Comic issue is actually coming today. Print version this October. Featuring Squirrel Girl, Howard, Rocket, Groot, and Frank.
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.