[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the verdict on the extended edition?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 17
File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124 KB, 257x380) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124 KB, 257x380
What's the verdict on the extended edition?
>>
>>84248110
It's shit, but it's structured shit.
>>
Ben Affleck's ass
>>
>>84248110
a solid 7/10, and 8 if you like Snyder's style. The film has its problems, and could have definitely been done better but it's one of the most experimental, high reaching movies to date.
>>
Boring. I only found Lex Luthor to be the most interesting/entertaining character since everyone else had the acting of a rock.
>>
>>84248110
If you hated the theatrical cut, you will still hate the extended edition. If you thought the original was ok, you will likely find it an improvement. If you loved it, the extra 30 minutes will make you cream.
>>
>>84248110
tried watching it, got bored in the first 10 minutes ... ;-;
>>
>>84248110
With stuff happening, it still felt like nothing was happening for a good hour and a half.
>>
+better flow
-slows the already god awful pace of a bloated movie

turns a 5/10 into a 5/10
>>
>>84248110
It's a cape film presenting a conflict between two heroes as its main purpose. Putting everything I know about DC's lore on the shelf and just judging it for what it tried, I give it a solid 7/10. I found it to be entertaining and liked Affleck's performance a lot, and disliked the hell out of the whacky Lex Luthor. His acting just came off to forced and with the polish an enthusiastic college student would bring to the stage.
When I look at cape films that did extremely well for what they tried, Blade, The Dark Knight, Iron Man I, and both of the latest Cap films, and then I look at shit tier cape films like Green Lantern... this one is gets a solid "pretty good".
>>
>>84248110
Has a plot and characters have motivation this time around. A lot bettor.
>>
>>84248110
It's still crap but now it's a longer piece of crap that curls up on the end of it.
>>
>>84248110
3/10 was bad, even the old Daredevil directors cut managed to salvage that movie but this was still a pile of shit
>>
>>84248110
Really, really stupid but highly enjoyable.
>>
>>84248110
Better than any Marvel film that's come out since Cap 1.
>>
>>84248110
Brought it from 10/10 to 11/10. A good improvement, but the theatrical cut was great by itself.
>>
>>84251400

The movie lost me with the Doomsday bit. Before it was a very entertaining, tense and interesting thriller, but then shit became pure blockbuster of the Transformer vein, but i like the bit after Superman's death.

I give it a 8/10.
>>
>>84248110

Explains plot and character motivations better but if you already think ghe characters are stupid you're still going to bitch about it, most likely.

I though the theatrical cut was pretty good already, so I enjoyed the UC too.
>>
>>84252021
pretty shit taste, anon-kun
>>
>>84248110
makes the editing less shit, but there's still a ton of script problems that caused the terrible editing in the first place.

I fear Justice League will suffer the same fate as this extended edition. But hey, it'a an improvement.
>>
>>84248110
I mean... did the editing change the scenes into different scenes?
>>
I didn't watch the theatrical cut and just watched this. I'm baffled at the fact that, not only does Superman not address the media when portrayed as a sort of Dr. Manhattan by them - even though a simple smile and a comment of "Guys, I'm sorry about those other flying guys from my world but I'm not like them; I just wanna help", especially considering his girlfriend AND himself work in the media -, he barely talks at all when in costume. Even when he's alone with Lois in her window, he seems mechanic and lifeless on a scene where he should be portraying his doubts and fears. Seriously, just watch this and pay attention to whenever Superman appears and you'll be amazed at how cold, distant and detached he his at all times.
>>
The CIA sent a drone to eradicate a middle east town off the map, Superman stopped the missiles and then the government has the gall of trying to put Superman on trial for allegedly killing some guys they intended to kill all along.
Brilliant.
>>
File: 1445597938659.jpg (3 MB, 1887x2354) Image search: [Google]
1445597938659.jpg
3 MB, 1887x2354
>>84248110

I even liked the theatrical cut. Best capeshit of the year so far.
>>
>>84252342

The drone was to attract Superman.
>>
>>84252320

They wanted to show Superman as a silent guardian who swoops in, save people and then fly off, which isn't a nice portrayal of Superman.

Said that, he voiced his concerns plenty of time with Lois and his mother.
>>
>>84248110
It didn't really make it better. Releasing it was a money grab, just like everyone thought.
>>
>>84248110
Better than the theatrical release.

But that's like saying "this pile of shit tastes better that this other pile of shit."
>>
>>84248110
not worth the time or the money

doesn't really change anything, just makes you angry about how shittily the whole thing was handled from start to finish
>>
I'm convinced that someone is shilling bvs. Last week there were barely any thŕeads but now someone is spamming threads of it all over /tv/ and /co/

Also the morons at /tv/ are saying it's the best comic book movie. How the FUCK is that possible? Despite my best attempts to tell them that marvel is better, they like dc now
>>
>>84252471

People have been seeing the movie through the DVD and internet.

And what's wrong with people liking the movie? For example i love the MCU movies and the DC movies.

I thought that Civil War was very fun and emotional but i also thought that BvS was very tense and interesting, although to long and boring in some parts.

I don't see why you have to pick sides.
>>
>>84252387
But only to them and in short, scattered phrases. They do most of the talking, even on intimate settings.

I really didn't like the expressionless "Oh, here's your girl I pulled out of the fire, ma'am. You seemed to have lost her" way they showed him. Like he didn't fully understand what he was doing on a humane level.
>>
>>84248110
>What's the verdict
It's 30 added minutes of complete shit to an already long ass boring movie.
>>
>>84248110
Avengers 2 tier

prove me wrong
>>
>>84252860
Wrong.

it was ASM2 tier in terms of advertising its sequels.
>>
>>84252963
It's almost as bad but we need to consider as out of place and distracting that the sequel building in BvS was, it was at least for characters and films such as Justice League which a general audience would like to see

absolutely nobody apart from a small niche of comic book fans was excited for Sinister Six. God, what were Sony thinking
>>
>>84252860
>>84252963
I actually liked ASM2 more than both Ultron and BvS
>>
>>84252999
>What was Sony thinking

apparently the need to have a spider-man universe so bad they made headlines of making an Aunt May spinoff.
>>
>>84253033
I'm not sure what was worse, an Aunt May spinoff or rebooting the entire ASM franchise by recasting a new Spider-man in Sinister Six and soft rebooting the series only a year after ASM2

I genuinely don't understand how they could be so incompetent
>>
>>84252372
I thought Lois was there to attract Superman. It's pretty obvious Lex knows from the beginning who Superman is('Cause he's not a moron unlike everyone in the Planet - seriously Perry, reading Clark's obituary at the same time and not piecing it together?).
What I don't understand is that Superman can be fucking anywhere, doing whatever shit he wants and still be able to save Lois from being dropped, in costume, he's able to pick up radiowaves but cannot see there's a bomb in the guy's chair. They said at one point that the inside of it was covered in lead (Which means jack shit to most people, because you never established it block's Superman's x-ray vision. Does he even use it on purpose, ever?).
>>
>>84248110
People that already liked it still like it!
What a homerun!
>>
>>84253033
>Spider-universe
They could've done that with heroes or sort-of heroes, though. Black Cat, Scarlet Spider, etc.
I wonder what glorious clusterfuck the clone Saga would've been. Though, since it hasn't been adapted yet, I'm pretty sure Marvel studios will use it now.
>>
>>84253099

Yes, Lois was used as a bait, but Superman only showed up after the drone was send to attack the place, something that they didn't really need because they had a CIA agent there screaming to his superiors that he could rescue Lois.

So in my opinion the whole thing was a set-up. I mean, the US was army the rebels using Lex as a private contractor.
>>
File: dazzle pensive.png (266 KB, 667x429) Image search: [Google]
dazzle pensive.png
266 KB, 667x429
>>84248110
It's a little better than the theatrical release, but it's still a hot mess.

..And long. I can see why it was cut down for the theatres. The first time I watched it extended edition, I actually fell asleep and the credits were still rolling when I woke up. I'm serious.
>>
>>84253063
They could've had it all, but they fucked up by showing the whole movie in all their trailers. Hell they even showed the ending shot.
>>
It had terrible pacing and editing.
Consider the Knightmare sequence.
It has Batman sit down in his chair and start to do some computer shit.
Then it cuts directly to the sequence.
You need some kind of buffer zone.
Like Bruce closing his eyes and resting his head.
Just something to frame it.

The same with the Justice League montage scene. It's so out of place. It should have been an epilogue scene, but it instead just placed in the middle, right when tensions are high.

I didn't like Lex that much. I would have preferred his goofy spaz attitude to just be a disarming show. But no, he's all "MMM BOYS" even when the chips are down. But that's not something "wrong" with the movie, it's just an opinion.

The opening sequence in Africa didn't have enough balls.
If you're going to have Superman on trial for something, actually have him do something.
Like, yeah, he goes there and fucks up some terrorists. He was doing it because he told that they were all very bad men and were hurting others. He even was saving Lois.
Then it makes sense for the crying woman to be all like "Superman killed my innocent husband".
Because he did and it isn't just "Well you were there, and they were burned, so you must have done it", which is really weak.
There is no conflict for us or Superman. He literally did nothing wrong. It's better if both the audience and Superman at least think of a time he might have done something wrong.

As for Batman, he gave up too easy. Yeah, I know the whole "Martha" thing has been criticised to death, but it's true. He says earlier that "If there's even a 1% chance he's a threat, he needs to be eliminated". How does him having a human mother and human emotions eliminate that 1%? Doesn't Batman fight and kill regular humans all the time? Aren't humans particularly vulnerable to going nuts and being a threat?

It shouldn't have ended with them being so amiable. Batman should still not trust him.
>>
File: 31234.jpg (206 KB, 1916x796) Image search: [Google]
31234.jpg
206 KB, 1916x796
Did they fuck
>>
>>84253208
>It has Batman sit down in his chair and start to do some computer shit.
>Then it cuts directly to the sequence.
>You need some kind of buffer zone.
>Like Bruce closing his eyes and resting his head.
Because it's not a dream you moron.
>>
>>84253233
You still need a transition.
If wasn't a dream, show him working on the computer then be surprised by a flash of light.

Right now, it's just "Beep boop, I'm using a computer", then cut to the very same character suddenly in a war zone.

There needs to be something to tie the two scenes together.
>>
>>84253208
I can live with the Justice League emails, as cheesy as they were, but the bit with the knightmare future and Flash warning Bruce were so fucking out of place, I can't even begin to imagine how fucking confusing and irrelevant that whole thing must have been to a normie
>>
>>84248110

How people can say it's good is beyond me

>Batman and Superman fight because reasons!
>fight is just punches
>Batman is about to kill Superman
>Superman says Martha
>They suddenly stop fighting and become best friends
>>
>>84253297
>Batman and Superman fight because reasons!

Shill harder.
>>
>>84253297
Nice meme
>>
>>84253297
>"I need to convince Batman to help me"
>Batman attempts to disrupt Superman with sonics, doesn't work
>Superman approaches Batman, menacingly, utters ultimatums and even engages him by pushing him half a block.
Why is this Superman so retarded?
>>
>>84253269
I had to lean over and tell my friend "That's the Flash", and all I could do was shrug when he asked why they had future warning bullshit when it didn't matter for this plot
>>
>>84253297
>>Batman and Superman fight because reasons!
The reasoning was fine
>kill Batman or I'll shank yer mum

That's fine.
The issue is that Superman never tries to go "Hey, Luthor has my mom kidnapped is going to kill her unless I kill you. Can we work something out?"

But no, Supes just dives right in there no problem.

The worst bit is that even after Batman defeats him, Batman is still able to rescue Martha from Luthor's goons.
So if Superman was straight out "Hey, can you help me find Martha?" Batman would totally be able to do it.
>>
>>84253263
There's is a transition, the camera zoom to his face closely while the music's building up.
Back yeah I like it to be so sudden.
I assume he was caught in the speed force time vortex, he got a glimpse of one of the possible future either intentional by Barry or not, it's no coincidence that Barry popped up right afterward.
>>
>>84253297

Their fight is dumb, but the movie only made me realize how superheroes fighting eachother for any reason other than mind control is absolutely retarded.

Something about seeing it in live action really drove home the point. I liked BvS and Civil War, but I couldn't help but think it all could have easily been avoided by some brief conversations.
>>
File: 1.jpg (175 KB, 1916x796) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
175 KB, 1916x796
>tfw this will never be his regular outfit
It's so fucking cool.
>>
File: Batman '66 vs Superman.jpg (758 KB, 1899x2794) Image search: [Google]
Batman '66 vs Superman.jpg
758 KB, 1899x2794
>>84253338
>>
>>84253376
The sequence when he's fighting the armed guys in a single shot in the Knightmare bit was hilariously bad. I liked the one when he rescues Martha Kent (minus all the murder) but that one is terrible.
>>
>>84253335
I'm a britbottle so I don't think my friends would even necessarily know who the Flash is, making things even more confusing for those outside of the US where the JL aren't such big cultural icons.

Just a weird scene in general. They could have at least made him resemble the flash more. But no, he has facial hair (presumably from this dystopia future?) and weird armor that may or may not have something to do with speedforce shenanigans

How on earth an oscar winning screenwriter thought that was a logical thing to do is well beyond me, if Snyder didn't pen that scene himself, that is
>>
>>84253381
So did anyone answer that Nolanverse vs Returns?
>>
>>84253208

>The same with the Justice League montage scene. It's so out of place. It should have been an epilogue scene, but it instead just placed in the middle, right when tensions are high.

It wouldn't work in the end because Batman was pretty much threatening Wonder Woman. That's why she took her ass and was going to fly away.

The Knightmare scene was really fucking stupid, though. You already has a Flash-bait with the e-mails and meta-human thesis.
>>
>>84253428
>How on earth an oscar winning screenwriter thought that was a logical thing to do is well beyond me, if Snyder didn't pen that scene himself, that is
I'm guessing they had to hammer the fact that this is a prequel to a larger movie. But the scenes with Lex and alien tech would've been enough.
That Flash adds nothing.
>>
It's distracting that you can easily tell which scene's the stunt man when watching on computer
>>
>Diana sees a huge monster rampaging in the city on the news
>Calmly grabs her luggage and strolls out of her plane.
It's okay, there's no rush, Wonder Woman! I'm sure you being a bit late makes no difference in the outcome of Doomsday loose in the middle of a city.
>>
>>84253425
It was dreadful, I also realised how little actual fighting Batman does in the film that isn't a dream. I mean, there's the dream sequence, the Superman fight, the warehouse and the doomsday fight in which he basically is stuck in a support role rather than fighting. I found it a bit jarring how much stuff Batman did off screen, for example beating up the sex traffickers at the beginning and taking the kryptonite from Lex.
>>
>>84253330

Batman wouldn't listen and was attacking him. Superman tried to contain his ass. You know, push him around and ruin his armor to show that if he really wanted Superman could fuck him up, but he didn't wanted to do that, he just wanted to talk.

There was nothing wrong with Superman's actions there.
>>
>Superman swoops in and stops the Batmobile
>Gives Batman an ultimatum and flies off
Hey, Clark, Did you miss the guy in the other truck, with a rocket launcher? Did you just let him get away? Do you even give a shit?
>>
>>84253381
Damn, all I wanted was a handshake
>>
>>84253539
There's plenty wrong. If you want to talk you want to appear non-threatening. Show your hands, keep your distance, speak your intentions up in a clear manner.
Showing "I can fuck you up, but I won't" first is not how you go about convincing someone.
>>
>>84253593

Superman did the first and was attacked. What else could Batman have up his sleeve if he stayed there floating as an easy target? That's why he tried to contain Batman.
>>
>>84253566
You would think Clark would investigate why The Batman would pursue them so adamantly. But....guess not???
>>
File: 124123.jpg (332 KB, 1916x796) Image search: [Google]
124123.jpg
332 KB, 1916x796
What did Snyder mean by this???
>>
>>84248110
Really though, will anyone who was critical of the theatrical release actually bother to watch the extended cut?

As someone who disliked the original I can honestly say I have zero desire to watch a LONGER version of that shit show.

I feel like as a result mostly only those who already liked it will watch this, and it will have a more positive word of mouth because of it...I guess this could be true of all extended cuts.
>>
>>84253642
Superman is faster and can stop missiles in seconds. Staying in the air and talking from there actually would've worked a lot better for him, as Batman only did things when he was on the ground and up close.
Your argument is that he was afraid of Batman and what he could pull? He looks like he knows he's invincible right up to the K gas is introduced.
>>
>>84252471
/tv/ is one of the most contrarian boards
>>
>>84252860
It made Avengers 2 look good.
>>
>>84253723

Or they're not so attached to comic book characters to be all "NOT MUH" about the movie.
>>
>>84253744

No, man. No. Avengers 2 is dumb as hell. Black Widow destroying Ultron robots with a gun can't be excused.
>>
>>84252471
>>84253723
>>84253764
/tv/ is just trolling.
That's what they do.
Whenever there is a polarization they always take the most radical side.

No one really think that BvS is good.
They just say it is because that gets a rise out of people
>>
Why even mention that CIA Jr.'s name was Jimmy Olsen, only to have him killed?
Though I guess they can just bring another Jimmy and say the first one was just an agent's fake name.
What if Jimmy Olsen is a codename?
>>
>>84253961

>No one really think that BvS is good.

I do. Why people here can't accept that other people have different tastes?
>>
>>84253989
You may, but /tv/ doesn't.

You don't call it "kino". They do
>>
>>84251447
People will disagree, especially since you said Cap 1 instead of 2, but the end of cap 1 was hands down the most emotional any cape movie has ever made me.

And he punched hitler.
>>
>>84253989
I can accept that you'd like it. Objectively thinking it's good is something else entirely.
I like trash movies and watch lots of them, but I don't actually delude myself into thinking they're good.
>>
Why did Lex need Sen. Finch's support when he was already having Batman and Superman take care of each other?
>>
>>84254017

I don't think it was perfect, but i also don't think it was trash.

I think you guys are being incredible hard on the movie.
>>
>>84253217
They did when he pretended to be Superman.
>>
>>84253985
same reason they killed Ben Ulrich in Daredevil.

Basically some stupid point about how they're happy to deviate from the source material by killing off important characters from source material and that you shouldn't think any character can be safe
>>
>>84253585
>handshake scene will make everyone cry
WHERE IS MY HANDSHAKE, ZACK?
>>
>>84252350
Ding ding ding ding ding ding
>>
>>84254040

He wanted to ruin Superman's image and reputation.

His first plan was to create a anti meta-human thing-y with the backing of the committee. You know, doing the whole thing legally. So Lex would be the authority on everything meta-human, he would have access to all the kryptonian techonology, he would have tons of weapons against the meta-humans.

Things would have been swell.
>>
>>84254045
I think it was pretty trash.
I mean, it's ok to still like it, but from an outside point of view it was pretty bad.
The editing was poor (e.g. Knightmare, emails)
The dialogue was bad (e.g. Almost everything Lex said, Alfred being emotional exposition man, Superman having under 50 lines in a 3 hour movie).
The plot was bad (e.g. "Martha", Superman refusing to talk to Batman as an equal, Doomsday).
>>
>>84254109

I disagree on most of it other than the Knightmare scene and Doomsday in some scenes. That was bad.

The e-mails worked for me, i liked Jesse's Lex, i really liked Alfred, had no problem with Clark in the UE, found no problem with Martha scene, found no problem with Batman and Superman fight.
>>
>>84254162
Irons as Alfred was fine, but his purpose was to state outloud whatever Bruce was feeling.
I forget the exact lines but there were a few moments where Alfred says precisely on the nose what Bruce is feeling.
That's just clumsy dialogue.

The Martha scene, like I said before, is a problem for me because Batman states quite clearly that there is no room for chance when dealing with a man who could rule/destroy the world.
His problem with Superman wasn't that he was an alien, it's that he had too much power.
Bruce realizing that he's human shouldn't change his mind. Maybe making killing him a bit regretful, but it'd still be necessary given the logic he outlined before.

The rest is up to personal choice, I suppose. I didn't like how eager Superman was at fighting Batman when he was essentially forced to, but you could say that was because Superman just really didn't like the guy.
>>
>>84254258

I thought that Alfred just wanted to point out the obvious to Bruce, which was something that Bruce didn't wanted to admit.

I thought that Bruce just jumped at the chance of saving a "Martha" and Superman during that moment reminded him a lot of his own father, which triggered Batman.

My problem with Martha scene was more with Ben's acting. He felt a bit ridiculous doing the triggered act.
>>
>>84254324
>My problem with Martha scene was more with Ben's acting. He felt a bit ridiculous doing the triggered act.
Yeah.
And same earlier when Superman hardened the fuck up to his punches.
He started this "Oh no mister Superman sir, it was just a prank" motion
>>
>>84254057
They killed him because they didn't think they would get to use him after that.
>>
>>84254383

Yeah. WTF was that? Sure, you can show yourself feeling fear but the he acted felt like a cartoon. The only thing missing was him shaking his legs.
>>
>>84254324
>>84254413
The mask and big costume mean you usually have to overcompensate. Snyder just isn't good enough to balance it out and tone it down, and his squad of dick riders will excuse it on the basis of it being "larger than life"
>>
>>84254057
>deviate from the source material
so, you're saying "jimmy olsen is a CIA agent" a deviation from source material? or is it something else?
>>
File: what the fuck am i doing here.jpg (299 KB, 761x756) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am i doing here.jpg
299 KB, 761x756
>>84254413
It's hard to play it subtle when you're standing in an empty green room
>>
>>84254535

Jesus. I need to say this. Gal has no fucking body, but that suit of armor makes her look really hot.

She should wear it every day.
>>
>>84254535
>cryinggandalf.jpg
>>
>>84253376
It will never happen, too campy for grimdark DC.
>>
File: Dawn of JUST.jpg (56 KB, 414x438) Image search: [Google]
Dawn of JUST.jpg
56 KB, 414x438
>>84248110
I never saw theatrical, watched extended yesterday.

Holy shit this movie was a joke. How the fuck anyone can defend it is beyond me.
>>
>>84254402
Makes perfect sense. Otherwise people would start asking "Hey! Where's Jimmy Olsen in the middle of all this?" and they would have to spout some contrived bullshit about Jimmy not being relevant to this story, or perhaps him taking photos elsewhere.
>>
>>84254742
If they can throw the Flash in there for no reason, they can name drop Jimmy taking a few photos
>>
>>84255083

Are you comparing Jimmy to the motherfucking Flash?
>>
>>84255107
I'm saying that the Flash is a bigger deal and if they could cram him in and then never mention him again, they can do the same to Jimmy, who is far less obtrusive
>>
>>84254710
I don't believe you.
>>
>>84255185
Believe what you will. I'm not even that anon and I also did not watch it in theaters and only saw the extended one last Saturday.

Why the hell would Lex kill Mercy? She had been completely loyal and competent up until that point, Why would he get rid of her other than to show "Lex's batshit".
>>
>>84255238

He doesn't care and he needed to make people believe he'd be there. Lex is ruthless.
>>
>>84255281
>he needed to make people believe he'd be there.
Why? The senator only starts suspecting when she finds the jar of piss. Lex could've not gone, not put Mercy in there and simply not leave a jar of piss.
But I guess we would've been deprived of comedy gold, otherwise.
>>
>>84255322

The senator was already on edge. Luthor knew she'd eventually fuck him over when she decided to oppose him.
>>
>>84255349
So you're saying that if he didn't give the impression that he'd be there, the senator would assume that Luthor would blow everything up? 'Cause that's a giant leap of logic.
>>
>>84255399

No, but i think that Lex wanted to reassure people that he intended to be and cover his tracks.
>>
I loved how Superman, after the entire hearing is blown up to smithereens, does not look shocked or appalled at all the death surrounding him, or visibly feel any remorse. He simply stands like thinking "Yep. Of course this was gonna happen...".
>>
>>84255435

Superman seemed to be feeling remorse and was clearly distressed afterwards. But that's me.
>>
>>84255434
The senator doesn't really know Mercy. He could've sacrificed some other secretary or attendant. Nowhere it's established that she's Luthor's right hand woman (Except to the audience)
>>
>>84248110
A solid 4/10
>>
>>84255479

The senator knew Mercy.
>>
>>84255467
There's a scene of him carrying some girl outside, with the same expressionless face. A paramedic dude basically says Thanks. Superman says nothing.
Then he sees Lois and fucks off. It's the most awkward Superman I've ever seen.
>>
>>84255490
Not to the extent of thinking "Mercy's not here. Why is she not here?". She only knows her as some woman who works with Luthor. If someone else was in her place at Luthor's side, she wouldn't have cared.
>>
>>84255510

i know that scene and Superman was visibly shaken. The paramedic had to talk with him so that he'd leave the girl. Who was barely paying attention.

You must have real problem identifying emotions.
>>
>>84255530

But why would someone else need to be there? Mercy was there.
>>
>>84255533
He must be visibly shaken at all times, then, because he never talks to anyone outside of Lois, Lex, Batman or his mom in the entire movie. He saves people in the montage with the same "shaken" face.
>>
>>84253523
It's okay. There was no one in that area.
>>
>>84255584

He doesn't save them with the same shaken face and i don't see what him talking to people has to do with what we were discussing.
>>
>>84255510
>A paramedic dude basically says Thanks
the paramedic is actually telling superman to stay away because he thinks superman is dangerous and unreliable, and supes realize this hostility. so i agree, it should be awkward for the paramedic guy and superman to have minimal communication.
but that's my "edgelord" interpretation anyway
>>
>>84255592
"Thank god that office building was deserted. I wonder why they left the lights on in the entire building. Damn these wasteful Metropolitans"
>>
>>84255595
You're right, anon. Why should Superman talk to people or convey emotion? He's there to be feared by criminals.
>>
>>84248110
Superman is better, but it's still garbage.
>>
>>84255666

What does that have to do with the scene we were discussing earlier? Are we even still talking about Henry's acting during the bombing or what?
>>
>>84253297
>>fight is just punches
Gotta try harder with that bait
>>
>>84252963
ASM2 had better villains and a better Zimmer soundtrack.
>>
>You know son, once I saved my farm from a flood when I was a kid. But ended up fucking some other people over because of it. The lesson here is NEVER HELP PEOPLE.
They continue to nail Pa Kent's character.
>>
>>84256122

That wasn't the lesson at all.
>>
>>84256151
what was it?
>>
>>84256183
That it's better to not get involved at all because you only make things worse when you try to help.
>>
>>84256183

That you can't save everybody or resolve all the problems, and that's okay, and that you have to hold the people you love to help give you strenght.
>>
>>84256228
It's amazing that Superman gives himself this advice (Unless we think it was actually Jonathan Kent's ghost out there) and still tries to do everything himself up until the end, instead of doing something like giving the Kryptonite spear to Wonder Woman.
>>
They should've killed Lois or Martha.
These movies keep going "you can't save everyone", and sure, that's maybe okay, but it rings hollow when the people sacrificed aren't personally important to Superman. It ends up less like "you can't save everyone" and more like "you can't save strangers, but your supporting cast gets preferential treatment."

And the only person in Clark's life he didn'tt save effectively committed suicide and Clark didn't try at all so the lesson isn't really followed through on there either.
>>
>>84256212
It's also amazing because the scene felt like he was telling him a story Clark hadn't heard before. Feeding him new information, which cannot happen because Clark is just imagining him. And it's just so easy to solve; just show the fact that Clark had heard the story, or make Pa say "remember when I told you that--".

It just left me with the notion of Superman talking to himself in the wilderness, which is stupid after Lois and his mother have been nothing but open and supportive of him and he never really tells them anything. Or rather, tells the bare minimum, always.
>>
>>84253656
He's over the top when it comes to symbolism and can't be subtle.
Superman = Jesus
Darksid = Hitler
>>
>>84253316
They had reasons, but those reasons cease to fucking matter when lex kidnaps Clark's mom. It renders thier disagreement and the emotional impact of thier fight nonexistent
>>
>>84253297

Friend at work went to this movie with his kid. Kid had to go to the bathroom 2/3rds into the fight. He told me while laughing, "I left while they were trying to kill each other. I come back and all of the sudden they're best friends. What the hell did I miss?!".

So I told him about "Martha" and he the look he gives me is something I won't soon forget.
>>
>>84253985
Snyder originally wanted to Eisenberg to play Jimmy just so he could kill him off early to fuck with people. He just doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>84254535
god that cowl looks so dumb
>>
>>84248110
Enough with this meme.

Please we just want to forget it and go on with our lives. It isn't even a comic, it's a movie, and we are sick of it. Please stop.
>>
I had some issues with this movie but there was one thing I really loved about it.

It is about how people build a statue of superman almost like they were worshipping his mere existence, it was the same with the montage of superman saving people, they reached out to him and saw him as a savior, which means, it didn't matter who he really was, they only saw this god like figure, which you either love or fear, at the end though at his funeral, there was no statue or monuments, only a reminder that he was part of this world.
>>
>>84260808
Woah...
>>
>>84260150
>triggered by good comic book movies made by people who like comics
>>
>>84256419
Maybe a suppressed memory of his childhood? Or maybe it is actually his dead dad. You know that Superman can see souls right?
>>
>>84254057
They killed off Ben because they were convinced they wouldn't get the rights to Spider-Man and therefore had nothing else to keep him for.
>>
File: 1323474321594.jpg (21 KB, 567x316) Image search: [Google]
1323474321594.jpg
21 KB, 567x316
This movie was total dogshit but I will love it forever for giving us this golden era of assblasted DC fans.
>>
>>84248273

Hahaha! You're joking, right? an 8?! Did you jerk off to Batman of murder or something?
>>
i will never understand the amount of total delusion it takes to defend even a single part of this movie's logic

that being said, the movie had some jawesome music
>>
>>84261623
>You know that Superman can see souls right?
Not that anon; I did not but am not the least bit surprised. Superman has all the bullshit powers the plot requires.

>>84260808
I wish the side that looked up or thought well of Superman had gotten more representation in the movie, but I understand why it doesn't; the entire controversy regarding Superman can pretty much be solved if he would just approach people in a friendly manner, and told them he is one of them and not some messianic figure. Literally a couple of words is all it would take. Superman needs to keep himself distant and isolated for the plot not to fall apart, even if it makes no sense.
It's like Snyder didn't even know what to make of Superman? Is he the savior, the God that carries mankind on his back, or just another one of us, burdened by our same fears and insecurities, that can however do amazing things?
At times the movie seems to want to push one idea and at times the other. And not in a clever, "make up your own mind" way.
>>
End of MoS:
>I grew up in Kansas, man. I'm as American as Grandma's apple pie. Fuck yeah!

BvS:
>This is not my world

What the hell.
>>
Still the same. It's just better edited. But still a piece of shit.
>>
Superman could have ended the battle whenever he wanted to...doesn't...BRAVO Snyder, to fuel you Batboner you left Superman's brain out.
>>
>>84263562
Superman can find Lois at a moment's notice halfway across God knows where. Couldn't he find Martha? Did they hold her in a lead factory?
>>
>>84248286
I hated the theatrical cut and loved the UE. stop lying
>>
>>84251495
I forgave the Doomsday bit because of how emotional the death and funeral scenes were
>>
Pure kino.
>>
>>84254324
>I thought that Bruce just jumped at the chance of saving a "Martha" and Superman during that moment reminded him a lot of his own father, which triggered Batman.
to be fair Justice League: Doom outright says that the way to stop Batman if he goes rouge is to distract him with hostages and to bring up his parents
>>
>>84263275
>Batman of murder
>Martha
People complain about this kind of stuff, but there are legitimate justifications for them in the film. Maybe you should have paid attention?
>>
>>84255666
Saves a girl from a fire and then all the people are trying to touch him as if he's a sacred messiah
>Rescuing people from a bombing and everyone around him is giving him odd looks because they're scared and don't know what happened
Gee, why would Superman be shaken? Why isn't he happy all the time? Superman's not allowed to be worried or nervous or anxious!
>>
>>84263425
>>This is not my world
That was after the bombing and he was questioning weather he was good for the world. He was conflicted about his place.
>>
>>84266300
Is he allowed to NOT be worried or nervous or anxious at some point?
>>
>>84266710

He was not worried or nervous at several points.
>>
>>84266748
No he wasn't.
>>
>>84266784

Yes, he was. He wasn't worried or nervous when he was with Lois, or at work, or investigating Batman or when he saved the Mexican girl. Stop being dense.

Look, if you hate the movie, be honest and say it. Don't try to dance around it.
>>
>>84265764
>legitimate justifications for them in the film

No one gives a shit about what's in the film for Batman of murder, that's an adaptation issue not an issue with the film.

Martha was an awkward moment.
>>
The film itself is more coherent but it's still a shit Superman/Batman movie. Snyder fundamentally doesn't understand the characters.
>>
>>84267268
But you do?
>>
>>84267336
>Superman is a murdering, dour, mopey, unlikable woe-is-me gloomy gus
>Batman kills people left and right
Yes. Anyone that's actually read comics understands them better than Snyder.
>>
>>84267421
Anyone who has read the comics shouldn't get this bent out of shape over different character interpretations.
>>
>>84267501
If this were some Elseworlds animated movie like Gods and Monsters or an Elseworlds comic then I wouldn't care, but this is the big screen version of these characters that we're gonna be stuck with for 10+ years.

The first shared movie universe for literally the biggest superheros of all time shouldn't be some shitty hacks misinterpretation of the characters.
>>
>>84267577
No one is forcing you to watch these movies, though?
>>
>>84267501

But these interpretations are either inherently uninteresting or so bungled by the execution that the intent is rendered meaningless. You might be able to make a good film starring a alienated and depressed Superman, an emotionally ravaged psychopath Batman and a euphoric atheist manchild Lex Luthor, but what we got did not succeed in executing any of the elements well.

You could switch the names out and make the movie Day Man v Night Man: Dawn of Justice and on its own merits its would still be fundamentally uninteresting. It would actually be even worse, because the only way the story makes any sense is with the iconography of the characters.

Nolan took a fairly extreme divergence with the Batman character and those films still succeeded as movies.
>>
>>84248110
only saw the extended version and it was shit.

if this is the best version, god damn i feel bad for ya'll who saw this in the theaters.
>>
>>84258225
>Darksid = Hitler
that was always the case tho
>>
>>84267718
>am DC fanboy
>reading every DC on-going
>physically own all animated series/movies on dvd/bd
>all i want is for the first live action shared movie universe to be true to the characters

>i-if you don't like it don't watch it
fuck off.
>>
>>84267336
>>84267501
lol go away Snyder

i dont even hate BvS that much, and even i agree with that anon

Snyder will be the venom in the DCEU
>>
>>84248273
Do you mean experimental for an action blockbuster or do you genuinely believe this is one of the most experimental films ever made?
>>
>>84252963
>Wonder Woman sits down and watches trailers for Justice League on her laptop just before the titular fight

It was worse
>>
Still don't get how superman can find Lois in Africa but can't find his own mother in his own city in a 1 hour time limit.
>>
>>84267771

I felt that the interpretations of these characters were extremely interesting and that the movie generally worked. It's the movie take on these characters that made me enjoy it so much.

So i disagree.

>>84267421

Superman isn't always mister sunshine and Batman has murdered before.
>>
>>84268015

Superman knew Lois was in Africa and tracked the drone.
>>
>>84268000
Ehhhhh I still think AMS2 was worse in terms of setup. Can you imagine if the movie ended with Superman lunging at Doomsday?
>>
>>84253269
I think a lot of people thought he was Robin. Even my little brother who reads way more comics than me didn't realize that was the Flash.

Being a comic fan doesn't even make that scene make sense, the only thing that does is if you were following the casting
>>
I liked even the theatrical cut so I'm giving the UE an 8/10. I feel like most people will give this version a 6 or 7 though.
>>
>>84268083

So he felt more comfortable letting Batman save his own mother instead of himself?
>>
>>84268015
Because they needed some stupid reason for Batman and Superman to fight. So instead of the ideological battle we were promised we got Superman being blackmailed and Batman being tricked.

Bravo Snyder.
>>
>>84268140

Lex told him that he tried to search her, she'd be dead and that time was running out.

I remember an interview after the movie was released where Snyder said that there was a scene that had been cut where Superman tried to search of any mention of Martha's name in Gotham and Metropolis, but he witnessed a bunch of ugly shit and gave up. He thought the scene would be too dark and pointless for the movie.
>>
>>84268070
>Superman isn't always mister sunshine
I didn't need him to be mr sunshine. I needed him to at least somewhat resemble what Superman should be.
>Batman has murdered before.
>Using something a character does in 1% of stories in his 80 year history to excuse what we got in BvS
>>
>>84268178
>Snyder said that there was a scene that had been cut where Superman tried to search of any mention of Martha's name in Gotham and Metropolis, but he witnessed a bunch of ugly shit and gave up. He thought the scene would be too dark and pointless for the movie.
Once again demonstrating that Snyder doesn't understand Superman at all.
>>
>>84268178
>He thought the scene would be too dark and pointless for the movie.

B R A V O
>>
>>84268178

>“I think all the way – to me, from Metropolis to Smallville is probably just on the edge of his range of hearing” Snyder explained. “Also the clutter of the city makes it difficult as well.”

>Snyder then went into more detail about a deleted scene that explained why Superman doesn’t always look for problems around the city:

>“We had a scene that we cut from the movie where he tries to look for her when he finds out that Lex has got her,” Snyder continued. “It was a slightly dark scene that we cut out because it sort of represented this dark side. Because when he was looking for his mom he heard all the cries of all the potential crimes going on in the city, you know when you look.

>“I kind of like the idea that he’s taught himself not to look because if he looks it’s just neverending, right? You have to know when, as Superman, when to intervene and when not to. Or not when not to, you can’t be everywhere at once, literally you can’t be everywhere at once, so he has to be really selective in a weird way about where he chooses to interfere.”
>>
File: Martha's the key to all this.jpg (101 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
Martha's the key to all this.jpg
101 KB, 1000x666
>>84268089
>Can you imagine if the movie ended with Superman lunging at Doomsday?

Actually... that might not have been so bad, since it would mean that Death of Superman was getting its own movie, and one in which he would die in the opening act. BvS would be less cluttered. Everybody wins.

Anything that takes material out of BvS is probably a good thing. Every frame is so dense. There's so much going on.
>>
>>84268224

Superman in comics doesn't stop all the crimes ever and he also isn't constantly seeing and hearing people getting robbed, raped or murdered. This is something that has been approached in the comics before. He blocks things out and selects well where he'll do the most help.
>>
>>84268264
>“I kind of like the idea that he’s taught himself not to look because if he looks it’s just neverending, right?

>this is the man WB let make 2 Superman movies
>>
>>84256122
This scene raises questions. Was this Clark remembering a story his father had told him before?

If not that only leaves two options: Clark hallucinated his father telling a story that had never happened, or the story did happen and Clark was actually talking to Pay Kent's ghost
>>
>>84268201

He resembled what Superman is to me.

>Using something a character does in 1% of stories in his 80 year history to excuse what we got in BvS

Not to mention all the other previous movies that people here have no problem whatsoever with.
>>
>>84256333
MoS and this movie both have an issue with talking about themes that never materialize in the events of the story
>>
>>84268309

The same happens in the comics. Are the comics wrong too?

If Superman never stopped looking he'd end up as Plutonian.
>>
>>84268323
Then you don't understand Superman either.

I have a big problem with Batman killing in his previous movies as well.
>>
>>84268367

>Then you don't understand Superman either.

Then comics writers don't understand Superman either too.
>>
>>84268305
>>84268359
Superman doesn't need to block out all the horror going on because 99.99% of what he hears is wonderful human stuff.
>>
>>84268396

So what you're saying is that he hears them and still don't do nothing because he's busing hearing kids playing with their dogs and things like that?

That isn't so different from Snyder's take than, that Superman chooses where his involvement will do the most good, while ignoring other bad things.
>>
>>84268280
>I'm a friend of your son's
>Despite the fact I had a kryptonite spear to his throat just a few moments ago.
>>
>>84268430
Jesus fuck.

Superman doesn't help everybody because (contrary to what normies say) he's not a god. He has amazing powers, but he's not all powerful, he literally can't save everyone. Snyder's problem is he thinks this thought would make Superman super depressed, but it doesn't. Superman helps everyone he can and doesn't beat himself up or sulk over the fact he can't save everyone....he just tries harder.

Superman doesn't think of himself as an alien or a god, he thinks of himself (and was raised) as a regular joe and had great morals instilled in him by his parents, he just so happens to have superpowers.

He just helps everyone that he can. It's that simple.

Now Max Landis is an insufferable dick....but the guy fucking get's Superman in a way Snyder never will. I highly encourage you to watch his video regarding Clark (and read American Alien): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw_GlYve_Lg
>>
>>84268565

>Snyder's problem is he thinks this thought would make Superman super depressed, but it doesn't.

Snyder didn't said that at all.

>Superman helps everyone he can and doesn't beat himself up or sulk over the fact he can't save everyone....he just tries harder.

He felt bad more about the media persecution and the suicidal bombing, which made him reflect about his role and the outcome of his actions.

>Superman doesn't think of himself as an alien or a god, he thinks of himself (and was raised) as a regular joe

You mean like in the movie?

The same shit you're saying was shown in the movie. Literally.

The whole point of the movie is that things aren't easy.
Superman chooses the place where he'll do most good and acts on it. That means that, yes, he takes sides. If he's somewhere helping people, at the same time in another place other people will be dying. Superman can't be everywhere at once and help everybody because he's no God. He's just a guy trying to help.

The story Pa's ghost told him was about that precise thing. Pa helped his father save their farm, but because of his actions Lang's farm was flooded. Pa felt bad about it and the remorse ate him up, but eventually he met Ma and she helped him overcome it. The scene was to show Clark that he can't be everywhere at once, that he won't be able to save or help everyone and that, yes, this his hard, but with the help of his loved ones he'll gain support and strength to deal with it and keep going. This is why Superman came back and told Lois that she was his world, that this was his world and then went on to help deal with Doomsday.

You guys have this weird view of the movie when a lot of the things from the comics that you guys like are in it. You all just find a way to twist it to justify your hate for the movie. I mean, not liking the movie is okay, but doing this shit is very immature.
>>
>>84248273
>experimental
Are you fucking kidding me you fucking idiot
>>
>>84268510
Yeah that's friendship. You clearly just don't understand because you've never killed anyone before so you don't have any ethics. The only way to get ethics is to take them from the blood of another man. Friendship is the word for choosing to spare a life because your thirst for blood has been momentarily quenched.
>>
>>84268510
>>84268785

Or... or... just go with me on this: Batman wanted to calm Martha, who looked very shaken and distressed, and said that so she would calm and trust him.

I know this is a very wild idea, but just try and think about it.
>>
Turns a pile of shit into a boring slog.
>>84265764
Holy shit this is how stupid people who like BvS are.
>>
>>84268751
>You mean like in the movie?
You and I apparently watched very different movies.

Everytime Superman saves someone he's depressed and worried. How does he deal with being a gloomy gus? He runs away to a mountain. You know what real Superman does when he fails or things don't go his way? He stands up, and tries again, gladly. He fucking LOVES being a hero, he LOVES helping people. He doesn't stand there in a fiery inferno wallowing in self pity that he couldn't stop it from happening while people burn all around him. He fucking helps.

You're beyond delusional if you seriously think the Superman in BvS is anything like the real Superman.
>>
File: ultraman.png (383 KB, 701x413) Image search: [Google]
ultraman.png
383 KB, 701x413
Pretend that this earth 3, makes the movie much better.
>>
>>84268828
You lack true ethics anon. Go forth tonight and find them. Don your sacred costume and your storied raiments, seek out the blood of the herd, and spill it with your red right hand!
>>
>>84248110
Alot of stuff in the beginning makes way more stuff and feels more natural
>>
>>84268938

>You and I apparently watched very different movies.

I'm starting to think you actually didn't watch the movie.

>Everytime Superman saves someone he's depressed and worried.

In the beginning Superman gave no crap about the news. He told so to Lois. He knew he had done the right thing protecting her and he knew he hadn't murdered those rebels. Then he smiled and entered in the bath-tub with her.

He also smiled charmingly when he saved the Mexican girl from the fire and only got perplexed when the Mexicans circled him trying touch him in reverence.

>How does he deal with being a gloomy gus? He runs away to a mountain.

That only happened after the capitol bombing which was something Superman felt he could prevent and thought he was a catalyst for.

>You know what real Superman does when he fails or things don't go his way? He stands up, and tries again, gladly.

There has been times where Superman doubted himself and took a sabbatical, later coming back after being reminded of his values and the good he does. The same as what happened in the movie. It would have been weird if the movie ended with Clark giving up on being Superman, but that didn't happened.

>He fucking LOVES being a hero, he LOVES helping people.

He did, right before the whole mess and then he came back. The whole dark night of the soul thing.

>He doesn't stand there in a fiery inferno wallowing in self pity that he couldn't stop it from happening while people burn all around him. He fucking helps.

Superman has felt guilty before. SEVERAL TIMES. He even used to keep letters of people blaming for deaths or not being there so that he could read and digest it.

>You're beyond delusional if you seriously think the Superman in BvS is anything like the real Superman.

He was and stop with the "real" bullshit. There has been several versions of the character before, be it in adaptions or in the comics themselves.
>>
>>84248110
Plugged a hole in the ship after it was already at the bottom of the sea. Was a really nice shop though
>>
>>84253099
>he's able to pick up radiowaves but cannot see there's a bomb in the guy's chair.

Explain to me why would Superman be X-raying someone's wheelchair just in case for bombs in a Senate hearing he's participating in when there are heavy security checks already in place?
>>
>>84269244
>He was and stop with the "real" bullshit. There has been several versions of the character before, be it in adaptions or in the comics themselves.
Those Supermen almost uniformly have a vastly different context from the one Snyder is creating. But I guess ignoring context is a necessity to defend his shit.
>>
>>84269513
A better question is why the most ridiculously important senate hearing in the history of the country lacks bomb sniffing dogs, metal detectors, and a bunch of other safety measures that just stop existing so that the scene can happen.

BvS is a movie that requires you to turn your brain off while simultaneously insisting it's really smart and deep. Pick. One.
>>
>>84269539

So since the movie context is vastly different why then use the "real" argument?
>>
>>84269551

>A better question is why the most ridiculously important senate hearing in the history of the country lacks bomb sniffing dogs, metal detectors, and a bunch of other safety measures that just stop existing so that the scene can happen.

Super high-tech wheelchair and Lex had backing. Think. Why wouldn't the Secretary of Defense help Lois expose Lex Luthor?
>>
>>84269562
Because it doesn't work in its own context. The character beats necessary for it are done off camera and barely alluded to in passing.
>>
>>84269580
So why'd they let him use it? Why wouldn't they give him a loaner wheelchair from maintenance? Why's he NEED a super high tech one? Why would Lex's backing not protect themselves from the clearly unhinged and deranged billionaire they were ALREADY denying stuff to?
>>
My biggest complaints about the movie itself was that there was very few Superman scenes, and I'm only a third way through and I absolutely hate whoever's call it was to take out all these facets that show Clark's personality, instead the movie was just Bruce brooding and having nightmares.

Definitely bumps the movie from a 5 to a 7 for me.
>>
File: Jack.png (234 KB, 840x708) Image search: [Google]
Jack.png
234 KB, 840x708
>>84268828
And then Bruce takes over Martha as his new mom.
>>
Does Clark have autism in this universe? Actually maybe that's all Snyder-verse Kryptonians, at least by human standards.
>>
>>84269614

>Because it doesn't work in its own context.

But it does.
>>
>>84269630

The congress, more specially, the senator handling the committee on Superman, denied Lex stuff, not whoever was backing him from the start.

And Lex gave Wallace the high-tech wheelchair so he could bomb the place.
>>
>>84269664

You know, with how hung up DCEU Batman was on his mother, what with constantly saving female figures and having nightmares with her, i wouldn't doubt if DCEU Bruce kept showing up constantly to see how Martha was doing, with them getting super, super close.

Now, i'm not saying that he'd fuck Superman's mom or anything. I'm just saying, alright?
>>
>>84269667
We need to ban morons that have no idea what autism is.
>>
>>84269697
It doesn't.
In point of fact I've never heard a legitimate praise of this movie outside of "That one Batman scene in the warehouse was sweet".
>>
>>84269713
>not whoever was backing him from the start.
Who?
>And Lex gave Wallace the high-tech wheelchair so he could bomb the place.
Yes but why was Wallace allowed through security in it? Realistically they would've given him a different one as part of their safety measures.
>>
>>84269847

I've seen several, but i bet you'd call them illegitimate.
>>
>>84269873

They never show who.

Wallace Keefer was star witness and the wheelchair was a present from Luthor.
>>
>>84248110
In general /co/ seen to have liked the theatrical version and consider the UE has an improvement.

But then again this is /co/ we are simple men, the 7 minute batman and superman fight made it all worth it.
>>
>>84269899
>Wallace Keefer was star witness
So?
>and the wheelchair was a present from Luthor.
Who they just trust because?
>>
>>84269879
Nope. The vast majority of defense of this movie is
just ad hominem attacks on its critics and tired /tv/ kino memes.
>>
>>84269551

Lex is smart enough to make a bomb that is undetectable.
>>
the was fucking awful.

im a long time Superman reader and fan, so this movie, and its extended cut pissed me right the fuck off.

>chose to kill Jimmy Olsen because it's "fun"
fuck you Hack Snyder.

>Superman has literally less lines in a movie he headlines than spiderman in civil war, who was an extended cameo.

ok what the fuck. how. this is fucking Superman, to me, the greatest power he has is his ability to talk and listen to people. he tries to sort things out without resorting to full on violence. in this film, hes constantly threatening people, lets the terrorist get away because he needed to tell batman he would kill him if he went out again, and only cares about the woman hes currently sticking his dick in.

this is made worse by the fact that Snyder makes it blatantly obvious he fucking despises the character.

lets not start on batman, why does he kill so much. inb4 "but muh batman at end of the rope" since thats bullshit. batman in DKR [the comic this "movie" tries to adapt] never killed and it even went so far as the joker having to kill Himself since batman would not kill him. he blows away guys in the film for no reason other than "yeah brah this is awesome" dudebro action

fuck this film.
>>
>>84248110

the story is a fucking convoluted mess.

the central plot should have been actually batman vs. superman. thats it.

lex, which i actually enjoyed jesse zuckerberg's performance, storywise served really no purpose other than having him be the real villian. it was fucking wasteful to have him in it to muddle batman's motivations, which are fucking similar to being with and just bring in doomsday for a tie it all together villain.

its dumb, stupid, and fucking awful. superman should have been front in center with batman going to joker level heights on superman a la dark knight but fucking snyder would not let go of his fucking hard on trying to take on classic comic book storylines and putting them on film.

his style is interesting and honestly visually appealing but tonally, it doesn't fit at fucking all with what he wants to do. his watchmen movie is a caricature of the comic book. his batman vs. superman feels like a mashup of a lot of elements that he liked from dark knight returns and death of superman without fucking earning any of these moments. fuck that scene where he rescues martha was purely because he wanted to direct an arkham asylum style scene.

its just a mess. like a stew with too much of an ingredient. it should work, a lot of elements are there, but its fucking awful.

i just feel bad. all of the elements are there for it to be at the very least competent. but really starts with the script.
>>
>>84269580
>Why wouldn't the Secretary of Defense help Lois expose Lex Luthor?

When has the US Government ever wanted to publicly admit they were backing a guy who ended up being a terrorist? It's a huge embarrassment, it's far more easier and better for them to just deny knowing anything.
>>
>>84248110
Sadly the movie tries to become 'le film' and kind of suceeds but ends up with a cgi monster battle at the end. As a film, it's better than anything Disney has ever come up with though.
Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.