[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Simpsons/Family Guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: simpsonbreakfast.jpg (46 KB, 618x413) Image search: [Google]
simpsonbreakfast.jpg
46 KB, 618x413
Why do new episodes of the Simpsons get a free pass for being terrible, but new Family Guy episodes are constantly shit on? At least the new Family Guy episodes are funny and have more than one joke in each episode.
>>
File: 250px-That's_a_paddlin'.png (74 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
250px-That's_a_paddlin'.png
74 KB, 250x186
>Why do new episodes of the Simpsons get a free pass for being terrible

That's a paddlin'.
>>
File: 1467178252693.jpg (2 MB, 2666x4000) Image search: [Google]
1467178252693.jpg
2 MB, 2666x4000
>>84199473
People gave up on Simpsons long ago. They only keep making it because other countries besides the US fucking love it.

Family Guy gets shit on because most people can still remember it being funny and haven't given up on it yet. They should though.
>>
>>84199518
I'm not saying I hate the Simpsons, just the episodes after 2011.
>>
File: I have become Death.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
I have become Death.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>84199473
>At least the new Family Guy episodes are funny
>>
>>84199562
I stopped watching FG after the bank vault episode. I honestly can't believe it somehow got worse than Stewie forcing Brian to eat his shit.
>>
>>84199473

Both are shit.
>>
>>84199473
Because we have just given up on The Simpsons but it also has a legacy of having a stretch of being one of the best animated shows ever made. It's not just in-your-face edgyness and wacky plots aimed at the teenager demograpgic, it's just ambling along and embarrassingly attempting to be modern and isn't trying to be the edgy show Family Guy wants to be. People pity the state The Simpsons is in and want to peacefully put it down, like a mercy killing, because people remember the good seasons of the show and have an attachment to them, does anybody have an attachment to Family Guy in the same way? Not really, it was never really endearing to anyone in the same way so people are more just annoyed by it.
>>84199539
Christ, you enjoyed The Simpsons well into the 2000s? I'd say the show stopped being good in the late 90s.
>>
>>84199676
Yeah but Family Guy is less shit
>>
>>84200047
Please refer to
>>84199562
>>
>>84199535
>They only keep making it because other countries besides the US fucking love it.

modern simpsons is universally hated in all the western world

The amount of people outside the US that gives a shit about new simpson episodes isn't different from the people who do it inside america
>>
>>84199473
both shows have been a lot better since 2010 than they were for the prior several years.
i enjoy watching both but they still both throw me for serious groans about a third of the time
>>
>>84199473
both are terrible
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.