[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Green Arrow #1 (2016) Preview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 40
File: GA1.jpg (162 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
GA1.jpg
162 KB, 640x984
Because of >>83630050
>>
File: ga_1_1.jpg (976 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
ga_1_1.jpg
976 KB, 1988x3056
>>
File: ga_1_2.jpg (656 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
ga_1_2.jpg
656 KB, 1988x3056
>>
File: ga_1_3.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
ga_1_3.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>
File: ga_1_4.jpg (865 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
ga_1_4.jpg
865 KB, 1988x3056
>>
>>83630403
>Try to objectify me and you'll bleed.
This is embarrassing.
>>
File: ga_1_5.jpg (1017 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
ga_1_5.jpg
1017 KB, 1988x3056
>>
File: ga_cv1_open_order_var.jpg (980 KB, 1987x3056) Image search: [Google]
ga_cv1_open_order_var.jpg
980 KB, 1987x3056
Variant

FIN
>>
File: 1436153577741.jpg (62 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1436153577741.jpg
62 KB, 719x719
Wow. This was really fucking bad.

What's good, DC?
>>
>this schlocky as writing after the Rebirth issue
I TRUSTED YOU PERCY
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN
YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE SHOWING THAT YOU COULD CHANGE
>>
>>83630516
It's not that bad chill
>>
File: Jojen.gif (536 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
Jojen.gif
536 KB, 245x170
I don't even know what to say anymore. Who is allowing this to happen.
>>
I feel a strange urge to masturbate to dickgirls.
>>
good preview. Looks like Percy is gonna be the new Scott Snyder around here where the general public enjoys his run, but /co/ wants to be hipsters and hate on it.
>>
>emiko is hot now

th-thanks otto

And yeah, kind of disappointing preview.

To be perfectly fair, we said the same thing about GA Rebirth's previews until the actual thing was released. Maybe this will get better? But the pacing is certainly off, and Percy seems like he's reading from an SJW's thesaurus.
>>
Preview was fine you absolute babies.
>>
>14 POSTS
>8 POSTERS

Someone is trying really hard to sway our opinion to hate this preview.
>>
>>83630430
You're embarrassing.
>>
The only thing off about this preview are their tiny ass bows.
>>
>>83631305
Crap, you caught me.
>>
File: 1353749170202.png (84 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1353749170202.png
84 KB, 300x300
>>83630434
>Emiko is hot
>She's also snarky

Otto, you need to slow down.
>>
>GA is using a compound bow
It still triggers me.
>>
It's just a little too wordy, but I don't mind it.

I kind of like how Percy is using that sort of terminology but playing it straight. SJW to literally mean someone actually fighting to end real social injustices and not stupid internet bullshit. Objectifying literally meaning treating people like objects as far as buying/selling them goes and not just an inappropriate sexual comment. Pissing off both sides is the platonic ideal.
>>
Oh look /co/ are being a bunch of twats about a GA preview again.
I'm gonna enjoy this run more than I thought.
>>
>>83631305
7 of those posts are the OP posting images you spaz
>>
>All these terrible one liners
stop, no please.
>>
>>83630430
They're inhuman slavers anon, literally selling people as property.
>>
>>83631572
It's just shitty dialogue then. Who would ever say that?
>>
>>83631609
Superheroes do m8.
>>
>>83631609
She's a pre-teen trying to sound edgy.
>>
>>83630403

Isn't Emiko like 11 or 12?
>>
>>83631644
What's your point?
>>
>>83631609
A 12 year old co-opting what she's heard from an ultra liberal older brother?

Are we going to do this song and dance anytime Percy uses a leftist term?
>>
>>83631609
It's not an unreasonable thing to say.
>>
>>83631609
A pre-teen superhero who was raised by a an assassin super villain.
>>
>>83631474
Yeah, I like that too. I wish people would actually notice and read that instead of having a kneejerk reaction to certain terms like they're triggered
>>
>>83631644
I think they probably bumped her up to 13 or so. She looks too tall here >>83630434 unless Olile is a manlet.

But it is in the realistic range. I had a couple of classmates in 6th grade towering over everyone at like 5'7" but they didn't grow more than that. Some girls just get their height and everything all at once.
>>
I'm fucking loving this so far. The arts cool. Good street level shit. And the dialogue is fine. I love how batman or superman can belt out the corniest shit and folks go "ITs comics...comics and silly stuff go hand in hand" but a kid comic character says one shlocky line "UGH...this dialogue doesn't feel natural or like what people might really say in this situation"
Cos yeah the times I've seen street vigilante archers teamed up with sonic screaming rock star crimefighters take on human traffickers IN THE REAL WORLD they didn't talk like that.
>>
>>83631897
Stop it. That's not how fiction works, don't be an asshole. Your first justification was good enough it's a kid saying a schlocky line. "Riction doesn't have to be good or believable because it isn't real silly" makes you look like an idiot. Oh why did this character just cut out their own eyes for fun, oh well there are dragons in this book so nothing has to make sense. Internal consistency, and actually attempting to write believably is a thing that people do, and it's a thing that many people prefer.
>>
>>83630434
>Maybe he just likes the idea of you living long enough to realize your potential as a crazy old cat lady.
Made me chuckle. Glad to see Emiko again.
>>
File: Green Lefty.png (255 KB, 575x314) Image search: [Google]
Green Lefty.png
255 KB, 575x314
Really liking this so far. Hopefully this is the run that will really launch Percy as a writer and Schmidt as an artist.

If anything, playing "spot the newfag" for people getting assblasted over Green Arrow being a liberal here is going to be worth it alone.

>WTF Ollie said he's a SJW. CRINGE.
>WTF Dinah mentioned privilege. CRINGE.
>WTF Emiko mentioned objectification. CRINGE.

Can't wait to see you fuckers freak out should Ollie call someone a Nazi and ride a hybrid.
>>
File: 2947067-wildogad.jpg (42 KB, 489x640) Image search: [Google]
2947067-wildogad.jpg
42 KB, 489x640
What role do you think the Wild Dogs will play in this story?
>>
>>83630377
Always nice to see Dinah butt
>>
>>83632042
Fuck off. You know damn well faggy whiners aren't bitching because of a lack of 'internal consistency'.
People are fine with silly dialogue and costumes and outlandish shit all commonplace in comics only when it panders to their likes. Hence why a comment like the objectification one in the preview is made...oh suddenly NOW is when we require realistic natural dialogue from our fucking super hero one liners.
Its faggy whiny shits picking and choosing when a thing is okay or not based entirely on their persoinal likes and dislikes. And its only when its disliked that it steps over some imaginary line.
>>
>>83631474
I'm glad someone else gets it.

Fuck you guys and your knee-jerk reactions to terminology. This book is great.
>>
>>83632170
Percy said they won't show up till later till at least the second arc They were just on the cover as a tease.
>>
>>83631550
No please we need more
>>
>>83632207
I'm not really defending those people, I just hate it when people use that shitty argument. Like who gives a fuck about fiction then, there's no point in reading it, it isn't real, and no one should try so fuck it. I guess it's characterisation though because GA and BC don't sound like edgy teens, the differentiation of character voice is a good thing.
>>
>>83632113
It's really insane how easily baited people are by this stuff.
>>
>>83632113
>riding a hybrid
I know it's not the same, but I just imagined Ollie riding an Arrow-Segway, instead of the cycle.
>>
>>83630310
Based
>>
>>83630403
>try to objectify me and you'll bleed
>because i'm a [object]

The writer probably uses irony on purpose in that last one, so whatever, but the first part of the line is so horribly cringy. Why would you make her say that? I know this is supposed to be some sort of SJW comic, but why don't the writers learn to write this stuff less on-the-nose? It's almost a cliche.

SJW writers need to start looking for new ways for saying the old stuff. That's all I'm asking. Give me all the feminism in the world, but write it in a new, interesting way. The lack of subtlety and subtext is why I don't like SJW writing.
>>
>>83632606
the joke is that she's using objectify in the normal sense rather than in the SJW way
>>
>>83632606
Isn't it a joke though? The writer is making fun of SJW's. So Oliver is a Social Justice Warrior, because hes an actual warrior, lol geddit. She doesn't want to be an object, because they literally are treating people like objects and selling them lol geddit. He's just not delivering the joke that well, unless this is all unrionic.
>>
>>83632606
>SJW writers need to start looking for new ways for saying the old stuff. That's all I'm asking.

The thing is that they don't really care about storytelling. You can't be a Conservative writer or a SJ writer, and still be good. You can be a writer that is Conservative or an SJW, but a write foremost, the worst of these people are not writers. I think this is writing foremost though even if its isn't that clever of subtle.
>>
>>83632714
He's using SJW terms against them. Basically showing them what they should actually be fighting against instead of irrelevant entertainment shit.
>>
Lot of triggered folks in this thread.
>>
>>83632941
Triggered is my trigger shitlord.
>>
>>83632993
you just triggered yourself twice anon
>>
>>83633026
It's my internalised misogyny. Patriarchy has negative effects on us all Anon.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83631572
Oh my fucking god, they're shoehorning the shithumans into a DC title now??!?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83633694
MARVEL CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
>>
>>
>>
>>
The end
>>
Wait when did Emi and his old team come back? I stopped reading GA after the Arrow writers took over
>>
Please let Emiko be in Teen Titans, please let Emiko be in Teen Titans, please let Emiko be in Teen Titans.
>>
>>83633821
41. Percy is treating the arrow writers as a elseworlds.
>>
>>83633899
One of many reasons why he is based.
>>
>>83633915
He is only bringing usher Diggle because he debut in lemire run.
>>
>Asian girl with colorful streaks in her hair
Every damn time
>>
>>83633899
>Percy is treating the arrow writers as a elseworlds.
As any right thinking person should.

>>83633968
>Asian girl with colorful streaks in her hair
That's just the lighting, anon.
>>
File: 298854.jpg (13 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
298854.jpg
13 KB, 400x300
>>83633744
>Lexcoin
Love it.
>>
>>83630310
I was so sure Wonder Woman was going to be the best Rebirth series, but GA is stealing the show.
>>
File: 1445045508387.jpg (68 KB, 567x425) Image search: [Google]
1445045508387.jpg
68 KB, 567x425
>>83630377
Felicity really let herself go.
>>
>>83634014
>That's just the lighting, anon.
Percy posted a preview and one of the pics is Emiko and she has a blue streak, it's not just the lighting.
>>
>>83632113
Jesus, this is like the third Denny and Neal scene I've seen in two days where Ollie is Godwin's Law: The Character
>>
>>83633899
Is that run worth picking up or should I just start with rebirth?
>>
>>83634267
Percy's first run was kind of hamstrung by a lot of the stupid constraints of the New 52 that were put on Arrow and by the fact that Percy was still fresh to writing comics.

It had some really fucking weird pacing issues in the first arc and the Werewolf arc has extremely bad art.
>>
I'll be honest. I loved the rebirth issue. I'm diggin this preview. I was hoping rebirth would give me a good 'in' to get back into dc comics.
Gonna be reading flash, action comics, aquaman, and def this.
But I gotta say one of the things that's drawing me to ga...getting to see the whining and tooth gnashing at any perceived sjw shit. I can't wait for people to flip their shit.
>>
File: Green_arrow_2_var.jpg (335 KB, 795x1200) Image search: [Google]
Green_arrow_2_var.jpg
335 KB, 795x1200
Green Arrow #2 variant by Neal Adams
>>
>>83632113
Is Ollie really comparing Hal, a guy who had a parent who was Jewish, to Nazis?
>>
>>83635634
he's an ass like that
>>
>>83635634
That jewish thing came in later.
>>
>>83634267
The first villain of his run is basically Moon Man, you decide.
>>
>>83634976
Very good.
>>
>>83631431
This is a big fucking problem that needs to be corrected immediately.
>>
>>83630451
It that Neil adams? Holy shit it's great! The inker did an amazing job.
>>
>>83637973
Looks really good.
>>
>>83636763
I feel like a liberal douche would be the #1 person to use a compound bow though?
>>
>>83630310
Didn't #1 come out last week?
Are they ALL gonna be #1s?
>>
>>83631644
>>83631684
>>83631695
>>83631742
She's at least high school as of Green Arrow #41

They never explained how because yeah she was introduced in the New 52 as 11 or 12. But it was just after Convergence, so blame that.
>>
>>83640428
That was the Rebirth issue, this is the real #1
>>
>>83630430
The irony is that a weapon is an object, anon.

I feel like /co/ gets triggered by anything that has hints of maybe progressive language as easily as Tumblr gets triggered by anything that has hints of maybe chauvinist language. Like, if a book has a character say something all liberalish, it's a bad book now.
>>
>>83637973
Yeah, it looks way better than Batman: Odyssey or The Coming of the Supermen do. I feel like those have really scratchy inking that doesn't suit Adams' style. This looks good.
>>
>>83633899
Seeing as Percy's GA seems to use the Lemire cast, should I read the Lemire books? I skipped everything Green Arrow from the first awful DCnU issue until Percy came on. I heard people say great things about Lemire's run, but the stuff I heard about it sounded dumb. "It was ME, Ollie! I was the island!" or something about his dad being behind it all.
>>
>>83642133
Lemire's run is good overall
>>
>>83643890
>>
>>83631186
Here's my general Percy theory, he's a lib, and there's no problem with that so am I but he's been taking the Adams formula, fantastical equivalent to a real world issue, and then willfully stretching it past the realms of good taste, turning these issues into material for entertainment first and preaching in a distant second; I'm surprised he hasn't been chewed out by some prominent tumblrite yet for it. Percy's response to BLM is a villain pale as the moon who dips his exclusively black victims in bleach. The drone program in the same issue is named "panopticon," a name so unsubtle that it wraps back around into absurd fun over political gesturing.
Percy's doing something that is almost impossible now, confronting political issues with a sense of fun, irony and excitement without delving into lecturing.
>>
>>83642133
He sets up some cool stuff, but doesn't deliver. He also changes up his origin in a LOST-esque tweeest and Ollie just doesn't feel like Ollie. Also the art in the run is traced.
>>
>>83630451

Oh my God. That is fucking awesome. Anyone know where I can find that without the titles and logos?
>>
File: GREEN_ARROW_variant_Cv1.jpg (262 KB, 727x1092) Image search: [Google]
GREEN_ARROW_variant_Cv1.jpg
262 KB, 727x1092
>>83644259
>>
File: internet-bro-fist.jpg (29 KB, 468x458) Image search: [Google]
internet-bro-fist.jpg
29 KB, 468x458
>>83644505

You're the fucking man.

Not to decide if that should be my phone's background, or if I should keep my current one.

Nu52 Superman with Krypto, saying, "You should see the other guy."
>>
>>83644119
I see. I might check it out.

One plot thread that I'm sad was dropped after the reboot was what J.T. Krul was doing in the pre-reboot Green Arrow series about Ollie's dad and that woman who took over Queen Industries. Nobody read that run, but the first six or so issues were actually pretty good, before the Brightest Day tie-in shit completely derailed everything. There was Brightest Day tie-in shit from the beginning, but Krul found a way to weave it into the story in a way that wasn't too intrusive most of the time (except for when Martian Manhunter shows up and is like BLARGH MUST BURN SHIT and then is like ACTUALLY NVM and the caption is like THIS SHIT ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE IF YOU READ BRIGHTEST DAY)

>>83644102
Yeah, I kind of sense that. The first arc wasn't very subtle (I still like it, though), and it was like, "what if I talk about racial profiling through KILLER ROBOTS THAT LITERALLY JUST KILL BLACK PEOPLE." The one with the Wargs was a little bit more subtle, where he talks about hostility and persecution and hate. Yea, it does seem similar to the O'Neil/Adams stuff, where they would talk about stuff like racism, environmentalism, authority etc. through stories with, like, a Charles Manson analogue, Black Hand's plastic city, or even ones where they go to space.

I also like that his Ollie is very flawed, and isn't, like, unambiguously the correct hero. Like, the one with the Wargs, there's kind of the undertones that Ollie is not that much less selfish than anyone else for wanting to bring "Doctor Miracle" just so he can cure his city, when he could be helping literally anyone else, including the ill and impoverished in Africa.
>>
>>83644056
>>
Did /co/ actually enjoy this? I see half of everyone complaining over Black Canary being a diehard SJW and the other half say it's the best Rebirth book so far?

Imo Flash, Aquaman and Superman were better
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVRiADlDEig
>>
night-bump
>>
>>83649380
>Did /co/ actually enjoy this?
Yes.

>Imo Flash, Aquaman and Superman were better
Those are good, but GA is also really good. Of the Rebirth titles thus far, Ollie is the most complete turnaround from a New 52-esque starting character that's still trying to find his way to one that's close to an Ollie who has the personality and character of someone who's been developed for decades. If the goal of Rebirth is to inject the classical elements people missed from the reboot, then Ollie is really farther along than anyone else at the moment. Couple that with Percy, who did a good job with his previous GA work considering it's his first writing gig and was slightly hamstrung from happenings by the previous team, and Schmidt who is giving a good fun cartoony style and you get a title that's really the most refreshing out of all the titles we've seen thus far.
>>
>>83644824
Well, I sort of invert my preferences with yours because I loved how comically unsubtle the first arc was, apart from perhaps the way that almost-literal-Moon-Man was basically thrown away the moment he was no longer useful, a common inference that the radical right is effectively just an ideologically inclined arm of a materially inclined corporate master.

The warg stuff was generally to vague to have that same crazy appeal, apart from the hilarious blackboard in the anti-warg camp that basically says "WE ARE FUNDED BY THE KOCH BROTHERS OKAY." Though I have to say that the crummy art in that arc really does make it hard for me to enjoy it.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.