[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Steven Universe one of the most talked about cartoons on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: Untitled.png (561 KB, 627x728) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
561 KB, 627x728
>Steven Universe one of the most talked about cartoons on the internet past 2 years
>Loud House still gets better ratings

How is this possible? Does online popularity just mean jack shit? I would like to think it's a decent reflection for how well something does.
>>
BATTLE OF CANCERS!
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
>>
>>83502129
There's a silent majority of people who watch cartoons.
They're called 'children'.
>>
Honestly I don't see as much praise for TLH as I do see "fans" of it bashing SU
>>
>>83502129
>How is this possible?
/co/, tumblr etc. "fandoms" are comprised of adults who probably just pirate.
The demographic who actually matter and are most likely to be watching on TV are kids.
>>
What is vocal minority, Alex?
These are kids' networks. Online popularity among Tumblr and 4chan and wherever else don't count as much as whether or not the primary audience is actually bothering to watch it. Kids tend to prefer zany comedies to muh lore. Do the math.
>>
>>83502129
One is an genuinely good show while the other is overrated otaku pandering tripe. Not that hard to figure out.
>>
>>83502129

SU is loved by liberals and their kind. The majority of people don't like any of that. But even if I'm wrong I can see why LH would go beyond SU. SU is one of "those" shows (AT, Regular Show etc.) and they are all basically the same shit. Perfectly interchangable, bland and tasteless. They also all look the same. The Loud House is its own thing and has actual charm.

Imagine a room filled with mice. It might seem that the mice are everywhere and completely dominant, but once a single cat appears they all run away. It's like that.
>>
>>83502129
probably because most of the people who watch Steven Universe are more concerned with blogging about it and jerking off to fan art than actually watching it because hey they could just catch it online

Whereas Loud House's audience is all the kids who are tired of spongebob, which is basically every kid who has ever watching Nick after 2007
>>
>>83502206
Why is Harvey Beaks tanking while Loud House thrives? Both are on the same network. How the hell do you succeed with children? It all seems so random. TTG does better than Gumball, how?
>>
SVTFOE, The Loud House, SU = Plebian
WOY, Harvey Beaks, Gumball = Patrician
>>
>>83502284

People are more interesting than talking animal bullshit.

I'm the extreme heretical minority in this, but I absolutely loathe talking animal crap and consider it cancer that is keeping cartoons from going forward.
>>
File: butt hat.png (426 KB, 395x432) Image search: [Google]
butt hat.png
426 KB, 395x432
>>83502284
>Why is Harvey Beaks tanking while Loud House thrives?

Harvey Beaks is constantly on hiatus and when it's not on hiatus it has a retarded schedule.
>>
>>83502319
>People are more interesting than talking animal bullshit.
>Zootopia is close to making a billion dollars and it's only been out a few months
>Lion King one of the most popular animated films, 20 years later.
>Ice Age films get more money every succeeding film
>Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar one of Dreamworks most successful franchises

I refuse to believe this.
>>
>>83502284
Harvey beaks is poorly scheduled and gumball is falling into the same problem as RS and AT by going into relationship shit no one cares about instead of being episodic ]
>>
>>83502359
Is this satire?
>>
>>83502350
>responding to a mentally ill Croatian neo-nazi
>>
File: 1462674798325.png (755 KB, 554x897) Image search: [Google]
1462674798325.png
755 KB, 554x897
>>83502372

Of course not
>>
>>83502319
Holy shit, I never thought I'd find a tripfag with shittier taste than Misha.
>>
>>83502372
It's impossible to tell any more.

Part of me hopes not, because the thought of SJWs getting mad at literal children for enjoying "problematic" content makes them look even more insane to reasonable, rational human beings.
>>
>>83502359
I love this tumblr post cause the show is all about how it's good to have family.
>>
>>83502350

I know, I know. I hate all of them, Lion King included. Even as a wee kid I disliked anthro animals.

I feel that talking animals are why cartoons will never break through towards more mature stories and adult animation. Yes, there's anthro for adults like say Fritz the Cat. But it's still shit because it's always somehow removed from humanity. It can always hide behind the animul visage. It can and does refuse to be a straight story about people.

Note that there's nothing wrong with making toons for kids, I love them and I'm not pushing for making cartoons a purely adult thing, nor am I ashamed for liking cartoons for kids.

Amusingly I love animals so I can't explain why I hated cartoon animals even as a kid.
>>
>>83502129
Online popularity doesn't translate to actual success in the sense that the core audience of children's entertainment, that is little kids and possibly their parents who pay the ticket, don't really post in online fandoms or write fanfic etc. For example, a lot of the online presence of Frozen in 4chan was dominated by people shipping Elsa and Anna together, and Elsanna has most fanfiction etc - but that definitely does not translate to it being an accepted ship in the wider Disney audience.

It also may affect things that Steven Universe is being shown on a sporadic as fuck schedule. There's months of hiatus and then two or three eps in a quick burst that's confirmed like 2 weeks earlier or something. The hiatuses tend to kill interest, it's easier to stay committed to something that gives you something new every week at the same time.
>>
>>83502393
Yes, heaven forbid kids be allowed to have lighthearted fun any more. Jesus.
>>
>>83502433
I can respect that you have a personal preference, but you honestly think Harvey Beaks is holding animation back while the Loud House is somehow moving it forward? I enjoy Loud House but Harvey has equally good if not better writing.
>>
>>83502372
do you even tumblr?
>>
>>83502492
There are a lot of parody blogs out there purposely being as offended/offensive as possible to make fun of SJWs. Like that SU "make all characters white" Tumblr.
>>
File: nina_face.jpg (126 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
nina_face.jpg
126 KB, 640x448
>>83502393
>current year
>>
>>83502420

I love it how the cunt misrepresents everything, including the theme song itself which includes:

>duck, duck, push and shove it's how we show our love

and the finishing touch

>one boy, ten girls wouldn't trade it for the world

Naturally she cannot even comprehend that the song itself is meant to be upbeat, to represent the chaotic and ever-eventful nature of living in a big family. To notice that Lincoln himself is just a normal kid and not perfect is well beyond her abilities.

Basically if a liberal hates something it's probably good.

>>83502359

>SU has become a White Elephant for CN

I think this is true for everything. SJW's complain, bitch and moan about every sort of fiction without them actually being interested in said fiction. They're basically bullying everyone into catering to their ideology without them being involved in loving the medium beyond "it has fags in it, so progressive!" They don't actually watch, read, play or interact with any of it on a level beyond that. All form, content doesn't matter.

>>83502405

I'm not a furry.
>>
LETS HAVE ANOTHER GENERAL WAR, BECAUSE THOSE AREN'T OBNOXIOUS AT ALL.
>>
>>83502359
>SU has become a White Elephant for CN
How so? nuPPG seems to be more problematic for CN than SU.
>>
>>83502492
How can you even say something like that in this place.
>>
>>83502433
Bugs & Daffy will like to have a word with you.
>>83502487
It did a very insulting anime reference which was so bad it made Coal Black And The Sebben Dwarfs look like modern day progressing, If Nick cared they would of used Mir at the very least on that episode.
>>
Ratings measure people watching the show on their tvs while hooked to bitch ass boxes. These bitch ass boxes are NOT connected to every single tv ever. Alternatively, self reporting is used. And people tend to lie.

So, you have methods based on gathering data from volunteers. Which by default will be stilted towards certain types of people (particularly people with a fetish for exposure.).

Ratings are the least accurate way to measure a show's popularity possible outside of literally guessing.
>>
>>83502420
If she actually dropped her preconceived notions, she'd realize that the sisters are way more than stereotypes.

And she can't seem to understand that there's a difference between "this person can be annoying but I still love them" and "this person only exists to bother me," probably because she's an insecure only child from a broken family, much like the majority of tumblr.
>>
>>83502129
Because loud, obnoxious vocal fans does not equal lots of viewers.
Also the types of people who talk shit about cartoons on the internet all day are also largely the types of people who'll watch said shows online rather than when their broadcast.
>>
>>83502592
What is CN's Pink Elephant then?
>>
>>83502459

There is no fun in a progressive world. Only pronouns and safe spaces.

>>83502487

I haven't watched Harvey Beaks so I cannot say anything about the show as such. You could say that I feel that we have an overemphasis on cartoons with anthro animals, especially big budget stuff. So in my eyes talent and funds are wasted on that instead of other kinds of stories and characters. Animal stuff is a safe bet, but it has become so safe and so profitable that it's our equivalent of moe blob shows.

For instance the first couple of eps of Star Vs had excellent animation. Then the animators were switched and made to work on some talking animal thing.

But I know I'm farting in the wind. Furry stuff profits both from kids and... well, furries. But I dislike the whole ordeal.

So yes, in the end it's a personal matter.
>>
>>83502570
Misha isn't a furry, he's a pedo.
>>
>>83502592

A White Elephant is a possession that is useless or troublesome, especially one that is expensive to maintain or difficult to dispose of.

If they can it without having a coherent ending, they'll have a fandom backlash
>>
File: 1462319936769.png (252 KB, 433x409) Image search: [Google]
1462319936769.png
252 KB, 433x409
>>83502585
I know, right?

We should talk about how cute Lincoln and Steven are.
>>
>>83502612

Can't say anything bad about old classics. That's a different game. But it evolved into a monstrosity by now.
>>
>>83502393
It's pathetic when people fail to realize what they are watching is a children's cartoon. It's not like 10 year old's are going to complain about rehashes of shit from the 90's.
>>
>>83502666
The 90s will like to have a word with you, there was nothing but fun there.

Also when MFW was better then any other flash studio, Star was still light years behind their 80s output.
>>
>>83502725

I think you're right. Actually, I feel that kids who are say 9 or 10 now have never seen a show like the Loud House.
>>
>>83502685
SU isn't useless or troublesome though. They have episodes ready and everything and would get good ratings if they'd just air them in a regular fashion, but CN seems to be doing everything it can to kill viewership for the show
>>
>>83502734

I'm from the distant year of 1986 Anon, I think you misunderstood something. I was refering to the present time of shit and leftism as antagonistic to everything natural - fun included.
>>
>>83502393
If there was one internet individual who I wish could have existed solely as an silent faceless entity outside of the content they created, it would be BogBitch.
>>
>>83502706
I know The Looney Tunes Show was not everyone's cup of tea with it's PSG art style but it was good for what it was but failed compared to the classics.

The less said about the flash Mickey shorts the better, and this is coming from someone who likes them.

Wabbit however just failed.
>>
>>83502792
>leftism is antagonistic to everything natural
But hippies are leftist and they hate GMOs and all sciency sounding acronyms simply because they don't sound natural.
>>
>>83502792
What cartoons do you consider leftist?
>>
>>83502433
> talking animals are why cartoons will never break through towards more mature stories
Talking anthro animals are the groundstone of animation though. Felix the Cat was introduced at the silent film era, then you had Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck etc, and Disney inspired the japanese with their anime scene, and now the japanese are inspiring western creators back. It's all sort of connected but anthro animals are at the heart and birth of animation as a storytelling medium. And you can tell pretty mature stories with anthro animals, if you'd like, Maus is a good example.

The problem with western animation and it's juvenile aspects isn't about the anthro animals, it's that here animation and comics as a whole are for some reason seen as a childish medium, whereas in countries like Japan or France there's a wider readiness to accept that mature stories can be told through animation, that it's not "for kids" just because it's not live-action.
>>
>>83502747
They know of harem shows, this is nothing new.
>>83502786
Also Sugar refuses to adult proof the show like whats going on with NuPPG.
>>
>>83502747
They really probably haven't. Most shows in the past decade (or more) have been strongly story driven or are muddied with over the top fantasy or science fiction. It's rare to see a cartoon that's just so utterly normal in its setting, even considering the cartoon antics.
>>
I kind of want to see now if there's a correlation between older viewers' childhoods and their reactions to Loud House. People who grew up with siblings and happily-married parents seem to understand and enjoy the atmosphere, while only children and children of divorced parents seem to not be as fond of it as it probably serves as a subconscious reminder of what they feel like they should have had but never did.

>>83502886
Why are you expecting him to say anything other than SU and a shitton of meaningless buzzwords?
>>
>>83502994
I'm an only child and I enjoy it. Then again I enjoy about 90% of the cartoons I've watched throughout my life so I may not be the best judge.
>>
>>83502129
Shills don't have Nielsen boxes.
>>
I know this is just bait thread to rile up fans on either side, but seriously, how can people say the Loud House is a big heavyweight so early in its running?

There are 3 simple reasons the Loud House is thriving right now and all of them seem temporary.

1. It's on Nick and it isn't Spongebob: The obvious reason that I think everyone knows is that it's the first show that seems like it took effort to create on Nick in a long while and Spongebob fatigue has been going on for years. Anything that's not SB is a godsend.

2. It's targeting children like a normal kids cartoon: Compared to the likes of SU and Adventure Time, where the creators and writers know they have a large young adult (16-22) crowd following, the Loud House isn't doing anything new or groundbreaking, it's a fairly tame show that uses the classic cliches both in plots and characters. Nothing about it is new, absolutely nothing. And for kids, that's great since it's a great cartoon to jump on for short bits.

3. It was pretty much airing new episodes almost every day it seemed. I don't think this was a smart idea unless they really had a big stockpile of episodes saved up. Once the new episodes are out and it's running on re-runs like every other show, I can see the ratings dropping hard.

Honestly all in all, I don't think the show will remain as popular as it is for very long. Hell, I'm surprised it's this popular on /co/ at all. The show's the most cliche thing I've ever seen in my life. Characters are classic tropes and the plot is always some moral that's been done before. I mean it's perfect for kids, but the only reason I see it being liked on /co/ is for the waifus. Not surprising really considering that's the main appeal of cartoons on this board in the first place from what I've seen.
>>
File: saitama.png (190 KB, 564x637) Image search: [Google]
saitama.png
190 KB, 564x637
>why this one show not popular and other is?

Maybe it's because SU tries too hard with the agenda pushing bullshit and because of that it attracts mentally ill people who will bully and harass you until you commit suicide for the high crime of drawing one of the show's characters too skinny.

Honestly does that sound like a show you want to start watching and become involved in?
>>
>>83503172
Compared to the other one where the fanbase on /co/ is limited to posting their fanart in /trash/ cause of all the pedophilia. I'd choose the one that at least attempts to have an original story and premise.
>>
File: two weiners.gif (128 KB, 473x235) Image search: [Google]
two weiners.gif
128 KB, 473x235
>How is this possible?

Gee lincoln, your mom let you have nine girls in your harem!?

Degenerates like us would flock to this in droves.
>>
>>83503172
>it attracts mentally ill people who will bully and harass you until you commit suicide for the high crime of drawing one of the show's characters too skinny.
That's just tumblr though. At the moment they're going rabid over Star Wars and are in the process of rationalising thoughtcrime into reality and claiming that shipping Kylo Ren with Rey makes you a racist and also literally causes abuse, so you're abusive yourself and genuinely a horrible person.

SU isn't the cause of that attitude at all
>>
>>83502129
>Does online popularity just mean jack shit?

Online Popularity reflects the the size of the Manchild and Womanchild fanbase.
Cartoons are still watched predominantly by CHILDREN
>>
File: 1457777176715.png (339 KB, 698x647) Image search: [Google]
1457777176715.png
339 KB, 698x647
>>83502286
>tfw enjoy all 6 very very much

I just like cartoons and like discussing them with people on /co/. Why do people here want to divide themselves so badly?
>>
>>83503684
People are very angry and want to express their hate.
>>
>>83502284
It never airs. I have several friends (not normal friends, cartoon watching friends) That didn't know it existed. It has a shit schedule, shit marketing, and as great as it is it isn't good enough to move past that or Nicks shoddy reputation nowadays.
>>
>>83502267
Confirmed for not even having watched SU while trying to sound psuedo-intellectual. Fucking tripfags.
>>
File: 1462134834526.png (199 KB, 1800x1578) Image search: [Google]
1462134834526.png
199 KB, 1800x1578
>>83502666
Is all you do complain?
>>
>>83503684
The Stop Liking What I Don't Like mentality is strong, and people have a hard time accepting that people have different tastest and just because they dislike thing x doesn't mean thing x is objectively bad, and also just because they like thing y doesn't mean thing y can't be objectively mediocre or shit.

So instead, they invent all sorts of tier rankings where their faves are usually in godtier or patrician or whatever and the stuff they happen to dislike is pleb or tumblr or reddit-tier or otherwise shit and also ruining comics.

Just ignore their bitterness and enjoy what you enjoy, anon.
>>
File: 234887962384923.png (181 KB, 291x268) Image search: [Google]
234887962384923.png
181 KB, 291x268
Being honest, as much as I love to see Loud House beating Spongebob, I hate that Harvey Beaks is failing considering it's my favorite Nick show
>>
>>83502284
>TTG does better than Gumball, how?
Because CN pushes that shit hard. Kids eat whatever you tell them to, they have no taste. You just need to tell them x is great and they'll fucking stuff it down their throats until they puke.
>>
>>83503945
The new season of Harvey Beaks is airing right after TLH in an attempt to boost ratings. If that doesn't save it, nothing will.
>>
>>83502129
Kids watch everything but some shows aren't popular with their parents. You have to remember how ratings are made. A child may have his/her own tv but this tv will not have a box for ratings. The family tv may have some. If the parents don't like the show because they think the characters are ugly or some other subjective reason then the show will not be counted as a view.
>>
>>83502393
>IT'S 2016 GUISE
>OLD STEREOTYPES

That person needs to get a life. I for one think Loud House has a very unique look and subject matter within the scope of today's kid cartoons. It's like a '70s sitcom idea being made right now, and I think that's cool.
>>
File: 1409365810882.gif (963 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1409365810882.gif
963 KB, 500x281
>>83504416
Nuff said.
>>
i don't really get why people like the Loud House

given I only tried like the first episode, but it kinda seemed like a bad version of a harem anime, played up some pretty old gender and sibling stereotypes and had the main character constantly breaking the 4th wall in a jarring manner, seems like the kinda shit that people online only like for the waifus, and people at home only watch because its the correct mix of mindless, cute and colorful, that no one really hates but no one actually needs to pay attention to either
>>
>>83504416
Uh, no. Loud House and SU are both equally as good
>>
File: leftie tears.gif (343 KB, 540x357) Image search: [Google]
leftie tears.gif
343 KB, 540x357
>>83502393
>Bogleech
Christ, what a faggot
And I'm more of an SU fan than a TLH fan
>>
File: 1464213556826.png (77 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1464213556826.png
77 KB, 400x400
Loud House is just new. Whether those ratings will stick when the novelty wears off is what you really have to wait for, especially with how Nick treats its non-Spongebob shows. Even Korra turned into an online only program eventually.

Good luck.
>>
>>83504576
the real problem is how shit Nick is with it's scheduling

that's what killed Korra and why Harvey Beaks is hanging on by a thread with a last ditch effort to get TLH viewers watching it this month. They whore out Spongebob and Alvin (fairly oddparents isn't even that big anymore, TLH will be the nail in the coffin to finally end it if viewership keeps at this pace) and give zero exposure to their other shows.
>>
>>83504576
>Even Korra turned into an online only program eventually.
>Even

>>83504519
Well, that's probably true. I can tune in once in a while and get sensible chuckle out of it. Don't need anything else.
>>
File: shrugging.png (217 KB, 454x303) Image search: [Google]
shrugging.png
217 KB, 454x303
>>83504605
Korra is the Avatar sequel with a MASSIVE following despite its quality. It was the only thing on the channel that could even vaguely compete with Spongebob.
>>
>>83504519
>i don't really get why people like the Loud House
it doesn't do anything groundbreaking and yet it doesn't do anything wrong. It's the pinnacle of average. In an era of cartoons trying to outdo each other with big plots and seriousness this show comes out of nowhere and has none of that. It's more of good timing for people who want to watch a cartoon be a cartoon and not wannabe anime. Basically Nick's gumball. Completely harmless and simple.
>>
>>83502459
>b-but muh deconstructions covered by a saccharine facade
>>
>>83504641
It's more like Clarence than Gumball. It relies on being relateable and being more grounded in reality. I think Clarence does it a bit better but I get what they're trying to do.
>>
>>83504620
Didn't Korra flop super hard?
>>
Kids are watching Loud House.

Young adults are watching Steven Universe.

And, surprise, there's more kids watching a cartoon than there are 20 somethings.
>>
>>83504790
Only once half its second season leaked online so people stopped watching that season which made Nick freakout and make it online only.
>>
>>83505074
if only online views counted for Shit; SU would be top of the ratings. Everyone I know watches it on KissCartoon and not on CN
>>
>>83505142
meant third season
>>
File: Dontcare.gif (361 KB, 499x253) Image search: [Google]
Dontcare.gif
361 KB, 499x253
>>83502129
Steven Universe only got online popular after CHILDREN LESBIAN episode because everyone was all jerkin their gerkin about how progressive they are for watching the show. It's only popular to loud adults on the internet, where as Loud House is popular with actual fucking kids.
>>
>>83502433
I'm like you, always hated talking athros and singing. Hated disney too. Still hate it all.
And I jerk off to gfur.
>>
>>83502528
I really hate this meme. It's now not ok to say something because it triggers some autist's autism
>>
>>83502129
>Does online popularity just mean jack shit?
yes, this is true for everything in the entertainment industry
>>
>>83502129
So?
My Little Pony BTFOs Singing and Cryingfags in both ratings, chatter and - most importantly - porn.

A show's worth can only be measured in the amount of porn it has.
>>
>>83502685
> they'll have a fandom backlash
The only time they give a shit what adults think about their shows is if they're trying to raise some kind of moral panic about something and it makes it into mainstream news outlets
>>
File: 1454795366213.jpg (19 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
1454795366213.jpg
19 KB, 640x453
>>83505245
The real test will be when Loud House Merchandise starts coming out, as that's one of the main ways networks make profit from a cartoon.

In fact, I recall that Sym-bionic Titan was cancelled because they couldn't get the merchandise off the ground.
>>
>>83505245
>Steven Universe only got online popular after CHILDREN LESBIAN episode
>Muh revisionist history
>>
File: 1428305891599.png (1 MB, 981x1039) Image search: [Google]
1428305891599.png
1 MB, 981x1039
>Loud House gets a huge influx of episodes and a big ratings boost
>How do the fans celebrate?
>Picking fights with other shows and acting like they have great taste because their waifu enabling show is popular with children
>Meanwhile Harvey Beaks is premiering new episodes tomorrow and nobody gives a shit

Life is suffering.
>>
>>83502129
It probably has more to do with the constant hiatuses they put SU on rather then the actual quality of they two shows.
>>
>>83506544
But TLH is clearly better
>>
>>83504576

Delete this
>>
>>83502206
this needs to be one of /co/'s banners
>>
File: 1462914833278.png (114 KB, 361x456) Image search: [Google]
1462914833278.png
114 KB, 361x456
>>83503167

I watch it and love it and I'm not in it for the waifus at all. It's just a fun show that showed up in an era of cartoons that are all about muh plot, which nothing against plot driven cartoons because I love pretty much all of them, but it's refreshing to see a slice of life cartoon that feels as comfy as The Loud House does. Clarence, the cartoon it can be most compared to in American animation, doesn't get the same feeling from me.
>>
>>83502129
> WHY ISN'T MY SHIT THE RIGHTFUL HEIR TO A CHILDRENS' PROGRAMMING CHANNEL

get the fuck over yourself and go back to your red nose art site
>>
Chris Savino killed my two favourite cartoons. I refuse to watch this tripe.
>>
>>83502206
This. Plus loud house actually has fucking advertising.
>>
File: 1465136401432.png (151 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
1465136401432.png
151 KB, 640x453
>>83506434
Also legal issues with TMS.

Also fixed
>>83506487
Remember the anime insult episode.
>>
>>83502355
>gumball is falling into the same problem as RS and AT by going into relationship shit no one cares about instead of being episodic

...What? The relationship aspects of Gumball are almost non-existent. It's still clearly episodic.
>>
>>83506487
>no one gives a shit about a boring cartoon

Shocker!
>>
>>83502129
how are those ratings meausured anyway?
>>
>>83506715
Who and source?

Anyone who uses Evelyn Derbri as a source of influence gets a gold star in my book as that is the "ONLY" reason why I'm bothering with this.
>>
>>83506847
Millions and 1 dollar per viewer.

Japan does the same thing, 100 yen per viewer.
>>
>>83506715
oh come on, his PPG stuff wasn't bad. It's better than the new show. Dexter's Lab was pretty fucking bad tho.
>>
>>83506929
This man can fix Loud House however.
>>
File: 1424319547785.jpg (53 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1424319547785.jpg
53 KB, 500x375
>>83506487
>Picking fights with other shows
the only show they openly hate is SU and who doesn't hate that show these days. Stop getting butthurt because people stopped caring about your show
>>
>>83506696
I see what you mean. So many cartoons have an overarching storyline and lore (SU and GF especially, Star Vs. to an extent, even that certain goat anime has some of that), which is fine, but a show that you can just pick up at any time without worrying about what happened three episodes ago or who this new character is or whatever has appeal.
>>
>>83502129
SU is popular with tumblirites - a vocal minority
LH is popular with kids - silent majority

Also, CN dug its own grave by constantly pushing new garbage. I mean modern spongebob is shit too, but at least it's popular and accessible shit. Stuff like AT and RS are hipster/stoner shit
>>
>>83502393
He has a point, but as bad as the idea of "a cartoon about a bunch of stereotypes" may sound, the final result is kinda OK
>>
>>83502129
Online popularity just means a lot of nerds sit around and circle jerk over something. And no matter how many unique IPs you see, that number is still dwarfed by the number of kids who come home from school every day and watch afternoon TV.
All people on places like Tumblr and here are just vocal minorities, and not much more. We talk the most, but the kids keep the ratings afloat and buy the toys. That's also why shows like Johnny Test last as they do.

So just be glad it's the Loud House. It's a good show, and I'm glad that our grade school overlords are blessing us with amazing ratings for a solid cartoon this time around.
>>
>>83502319
>I'm the extreme heretical minority in this, but I absolutely loathe talking animal crap and consider it cancer that is keeping cartoons from going forward.

About 100 years since Krazy Kat and Felix the Cat started in animation
Eternal trend so obviously keeping cartoons from going forward.
>>
SU has an actual cultural impact
Lame House can have better ratings but it has the same lasting effect of TTGO or any other show that will soon be forgotten
>>
File: 1405024078030.jpg (50 KB, 589x462) Image search: [Google]
1405024078030.jpg
50 KB, 589x462
>>83507413
>SU has an actual cultural impact
>>
>>83502129
TLH is also a lot newer and gets a lot more advertising than other shows.
>>
>>83507478
It does have a noticeable online cultural impact compared to other western shows.
>>
>>83507413
SU is not Animaniacs, that show had cultural impact
>>
>>83507563
so does that horse show
>>
>>83502319
>I'm the extreme heretical minority in this, but I absolutely loathe talking animal crap and consider it cancer that is keeping cartoons from going forward.
Heh, I'm somewhat the same, but more on the "talking lolsorandom cute animals" thing. I don't hate something like Harvey Beaks, Iggy Arbuckle
>>
>>83507600
>that show had cultural impact
No it didn't
>>
>>83507621
Yes it did, remember finger prince?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xmAC9Qu908

Tiny Toons more or so.
>>
>>83502129
>>Steven Universe one of the most talked about cartoons on the internet past 2 years

Rick and Morty said, "Wat."
>>
>>83507718

>making pop culture references
>cultural impact

That's not the same thing, anon. Sure, Animaniacs is good but it's not like you hear people making Animaniac references to this day. Hell, you don't see anything Animaniac related these days. Cultural impact is too powerful a word for any cartoons outside of the stuff that got western animation off the ground, like Loony Toons, Hana-Barbera, etc. That's the unfortunate truth, because our culture is fucking retarded.
>>
>>83507824
Animaniacs is not only now on Netflix but it's one of their top rated shows, more content will show up.
>>
File: south-park-caitlyn-jenner-2.gif (1 MB, 618x380) Image search: [Google]
south-park-caitlyn-jenner-2.gif
1 MB, 618x380
>>83502129
South Park gets better ratings and more discussion than both shows and that's been on for two decades.
>>
>>83507950

I mean, that'd be nice, but even still calling it culturally impactful is incorrect. Something can be good and not be culturally impactful. It's just a funny show with out dated references that are very rooted in the era it was made in. Not dissing the show, but it's the reason shows like We Bare Bears are gonna be weird in about a decade. Good show, but the references are so 2010's.
>>
>>83508044
Looney Tunes had truck loads of out dated references from the 30s, 40s & 50s and look how much impact it did.
>>
>>83508132

Yeah, and those references are lost on many people. A good example would be the resurgance in popularity of The Dover Boys, which is a parody of something that I don't even remember the name of. The Dover Boys is funny though because of the wit in the writing. Also, what makes Loony Tunes so culturally impactful is the slapstick and the characters.
>>
>>83502267
>>>/pol/
This isn't a board to discuss politics in, this is one to discuss comics and cartoons in. If you really believe that SU is only loved due to a liberal echo chamber, you're seriously wrong (it has decent characters, plenty of emotional moments and a well paced story arc).

>>83502129
Nickelodeon has always had better ratings than CN. Breadwinners' first episodes actually had better ratings than any episode from any modern CN original besides a few episodes from AT and RS at their peaks in popularity.
>>
>>83508222
>Also, what makes Loony Tunes so culturally impactful is the slapstick and the characters.
Tiny Toons & Animaniacs has the same thing as well.

Looney Tunes also used Peter Lorre, Jimmy Durante and WWII alot as well.
>>
File: 1461736670723.jpg (14 KB, 213x248) Image search: [Google]
1461736670723.jpg
14 KB, 213x248
>>83508228

Wow, that's gross that Nickelodeon is able to ride on it's name alone like that even though they've been irrelevant to many fans of animation for years and years. They've only recently started climbing back in my opinion. Also, you shouldn't even respond to people like the first person you responded to. It's not worth your time.
>>
File: 1463881887554.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1463881887554.gif
2 MB, 288x288
>>83502393
>Luan is voiced by Viewtiful Joe's girlfriend
Who woulda thunk
>>
>>83508351
The only thing that they had had impact was Ren & Stimpy.
>>
>>83508336

You're missing the point here. Those things you mentioned, Animaniacs and Tiny Toons, did those things BECAUSE of Loony Tunes. Loony Tunes got it off the ground, and the Spielberg shows tried imitating that success. It worked, but they didn't create the culture, they rode it.
>>
>>83506855
Chris Savino is the creator of The Loud House. Years ago he was in charge of PPG and Dexter's Lab's last few seasons.
>>
>Hey, why is this show that is being advertised and is airing with a normal schedule getting better ratings than this grapple bomb airing mess with no advertising?
GEE
I
WONDER
>>
>>83508383

Well, I'd say Rugrats too. Though, yeah, Ren & Stimpy is the show that really got Gross Out humor into mainstream cartoons.
>>
>>83508351

Fans of animation don't make up the majority of cartoon watchers. Mostly it's parents that put the TV on nick to go do other stuff and keep their kids out of their hair for a bit. Spongebob has Mickey Mouse level recognition at this point so everything else on the channel can ride on that.
>>
>>83508398
I know now.

Still, Kazuhide Tomonaga can still fix Loud House.
>>83508395
They still had impact however.
>>
>>83502393
Lola's voice actress was Mandy too, right? They seem comparable the two.
>>
>>83503952

TTG has superheroes. Little kids fucking love superheroes. You know why Frozen was so popular with little girls? Because Elsa could shoot ice beams. No little girls give a shit about Anna.
>>
>>83502355
>Gumball
>relationship drama

In this season so far, only four have some focus on romance and only one (The Romantic) is tied in any major way to an overarching plot. The other three are a Jamie focused episode that returns everything to status quo in the end (The Girlfriend) an episode with a minor subplot about Darwin's love for Carie (The Scam) and an episode just focused on the general dynamics of relationships (The Love).
>>
>>83508430

Yep, sad but true. Cartoon Network, as many good shows as it had in it's early days, never really had a Spongebob. Powerpuff Girls comes about as close as I can imagine, but even then you had parents mispronouncing it "Powderpuff Girls" so I guess it didn't stick in their minds as much as it should have.

>>83508443

Ehh, maybe. They're fondly remembered at the very least.
>>
>>83508422
Wheres our other shows about a batch of babies then?
>>83508430
SpongeBob is not Laura Haruna, he is much more closer to Madoka Kaname however.
>>
>>83508484

>SpongeBob is not Laura Haruna, he is much more closer to Madoka Kaname however.

I... what?
>>
>>83508228
Nickelodeon is on cable in more areas than CN too. Here in MD we didn't get CN as a cable channel until I was in middle school. The only reason I even knew it existed was because we had satellite TV when I was younger. And nobody watched CN here when it came in as a cable channel because that was when they started that Miguzi bullshit.

I imagine there are places in the US that still don't get cartoon network.
>>
File: 1458429363219.gif (528 KB, 366x243) Image search: [Google]
1458429363219.gif
528 KB, 366x243
>>83502700
Haven't watched TLH yet but that picture is kind of cute.
>>
If CN had a proper and advertised scheduling for Steven Universe it'd pump out the ratings that TTG used to pull in its glory days
>>
File: lala-69.jpg (194 KB, 1241x931) Image search: [Google]
lala-69.jpg
194 KB, 1241x931
>>83508506
This is Laura Haruna (on the right), the 21th century version of Bugs Bunny.
>>
>>83508484

There's a few like Mega Babies and all the reboot shows of classic cartoons as children, such as Baby Loonytunes. There were definitely people trying to cash in on the success, but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend it had the same cultural relevance as Ren & Stimpy or Spongebob.
>>
>>83508551
>Mega Babies
>Baby Looney Tunes.
Those were based on Muppet Babies, not Rugrats.

Also SpongeBob only had 1 rip off, Coconut Fred's Salad Island.
>>
>>83502206
First post best post.
>>
File: 1464097016669.png (91 KB, 800x821) Image search: [Google]
1464097016669.png
91 KB, 800x821
>>83508661

>anything
>based on Muppet Babies

What the fuck?
>>
>>83502267
>SU is one of "those" shows (AT, Regular Show etc.) and they are all basically the same shit.

Have you even watched the show?
>>
>>83508682
They were loads of kidafide/babyafide shows set off from Muppet Babies, like Flintstones Kids & Yo Yogi.
>>
>>83508702

Don't respond to him, it just encourages him.
>>
>>83508702

I absolutely guarantee 90% of the people who criticize SU for stupid shit haven't watched beyond the first few episodes or so. Retarded statements like the one you quoted and buzzwords are the most used words when talking about how horrible SU is.
>>
>>83508723

It's not lke Muppet Babies was some humongous success though. I don't even think it got a second season. If it did it's not like anyone remembers it either way. Rugrats was huge, merchandise everywhere, having floats in parades, and even theatrical movie releases. You can say that about the original muppets, but not the irrelevant cartoon Muppet Babies.
>>
>>83508702
Yes I have.

>Remember, mono means one and rail means rail.
And from the same episode.
>Amethyst:BATMAN!
>Pearl:No Amethyst hes a scientist.
>Amethyst:Batman's a scientist.
>Pearl:IT'S NOT BATMAN!
Beloved episode.
>>
>>83508829
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muppet_Babies

It had 8 season.
>>
File: sBAVoxW.png (198 KB, 284x297) Image search: [Google]
sBAVoxW.png
198 KB, 284x297
>>83508888

Holy shit. Well fuck then, I was wrong.
>>
>>83508930
Your welcome.
>>
File: 1459.png (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459.png
15 KB, 400x400
>>83502393
>the baby's character archetype is "toddler that shits her pants"
>>
>>83508973
Meanwhile, in real cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dptMRtOg__Y
>>
>>83508966

Well I mean I did remember watching Muppet Babies when I was really little but I just assumed all these years it was some obscure cartoon that only a few people remembered because I never see people bring it up.
>>
>>83509029

>muh real cartoons
>le wrong generation

Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Nothing is funny about that clip.
>>
>>83509079
It's not supposed to be funny.
>>
>>83509062
It ran new episodes from '84-'92, and continued to run reruns on Nick Jr all the way up until 1999. It had one hell of a lifespan.
>>
>>83504603
No, Korra is inherently awful no matter what and if you like any tiny shred of it you're Dobson.
>>
>>83509128

What's it supposed to be then? Charming? Witty? What makes that a real cartoon and The Loud House shit in your opinion? Are you sure The Loud House isn't just the product of a different era whether it appeals to you or not? Because I think that's more likely.
>>
>>83509155

Well shit. I mean, obviously that doesn't mean quality since Spongebob has been running for longer and so has Fairly Odd Parents and those shows have passed their prime, but it does show there was a demand for it. As an adult I find the concept of turning iconic characters into children stupid, but kid me liked it, so whatever, good for Muppet Babies I guess.
>>
>>83509182
It's charming.

Loud House is not the worse thing I seen.
>>
>>83509155
Me and my siblings were born in '82, '87, and '92. Muppet Babies is pretty much the only show that we all grew up with.
>>
>>83509325

It's only charming if you actually enjoy The Flintstones characters though. It's charming in the eye of the already initiated. The only reason I brought up The Loud House is because the post you replied to was talking about it. Nothing objectively makes shows like The Flintstones any more of a "real" cartoon than anything these days.
>>
>meanwhile I'm a Harvey Beaks fan
>just sitting back watching other fandoms throw shit at eachother

This is what happens when you don't pander to something heavily centered for a premise of a show
>>
>>83502267
When will the tumblr meme die? I'm a registered Republican, I voted for Romney, voted for Trump in my state's primary and will vote for him in November. Steven Universe is still a great show. You people cry about echo chambers yet if a show has even the slightest left wing undertones (pro tip: every show is liberal that's how the media is), you won't even give it a chance.
>>
>>83509461
I'm pretty sure that happens when your show barely even exists.
>>
>>83502319
>children's media has a lot of anthropomorphic characters
Golly! Ever heard of Aesop's fables? Boy who cried wolf? Any fairy tale at all?
>>
>>83502685
They won't give a shit about backlash from fans

There's only a slim chance that an angry fan would bomb the CN lobby
>>
>>83507718
>>83509325
>>83509029
>>83508544
Pc-famicom get the fuck off the Loud House threads you autistic piece of shit.
>>
File: 1464069244165.png (303 KB, 429x735) Image search: [Google]
1464069244165.png
303 KB, 429x735
>>83509494

Preach, brother. I wish more people just had self awareness.
>>
>>83502129
Because little kids prefer Nick over CN
>>
>>83502129
no one actually watches the show on tv.
everyone just watches it online on some streaming site.

add to that. kids dont watch it and "fandoms" and online popularity dont mean jack shit to kids.
its really just an adult thing.
>>
>>83509858

I love Steven Universe personally, but I feel like they're backed into a corner with this show. Even if the show is a financial failure, so many adults like it that if they got rid of it the backlash would be real. They'd lose all the brownie points they've gotten with adult audiences over the years with their plot centric shows. Also, they'd probably get called bigots and slandered by major media publications for that, and they realize this and are afraid to ever axe the show. I guess that's good for the fans and show creators, but they're probably scared of what that show has become for them.
>>
The only reason why this show got traction is because of waifu bait. Just look at My Life as a Teenage Robot, sure it has a plot but it wouldn't get much traction if it was about a boy.
>>
>>83506322
MLP has been declining in ratings and chatter for a while and Hub was always shit in ratings compared to the big boys.
>>
>>83509858
Steven Universe gets some of the best ratings on the network.
>>
>>83502786

I think they've figured it out with those two hour marathons they're airing now. It's their highest rated show and the merch is starting to bring in some pretty good money.
>>
File: 888.png (310 KB, 738x563) Image search: [Google]
888.png
310 KB, 738x563
>>83509956
>people really think backlash from loser NEET fangirls would actually affect a network
>>
>>83510163

>not thinking articles by huffpost, nytimes and other major publications that have written articles in a favorable slant based on things like shirtgate, misogyny towards ghostbusters and most recently the xmen movie poster would have a huge negative PR impact on CN

It's not just NEET fangirls anon.
>>
File: thursdayratings.png (336 KB, 831x1258) Image search: [Google]
thursdayratings.png
336 KB, 831x1258
>>83509956

Steven Universe is pulling down fine ratings.
>>
Is Loud House going to finally save us from this pastel colored female Cal Farts nightmare we've been living in these last few years? How long has it even been since we've seen a cartoon that isn't noodle limbed rounded bullshit?
>>
>>83510228

Well good, I see so much naysay about SU though it's hard not to be scared by it. I figured it was just retards pulling shit out of their assholes.
>>
>>83502267
>Kaziklu waltzing into thread to spout his standard ridiculous bullshit

Fuck off tripfaggot
>>
>>83510267

Right now the kids' show pecking order is basically...

Disney kidcoms (Girl Meets World, Bunk'd, Liv and Maddie, etc.): 2-3 million, GMW can usually pull down 4 million+ for special episodes
Loud House/Spongebob/Alvin/Dan Schneider: 1.5-2.0 million, Spongebob still gets 3 million+ for special episodes
Steven Universe/Adventure Time: 1.3-1.8 million
Teen Titans Go/Powerpuff Girls/Regular Show/Lesser Nick cartoons (Blaze, TMNT, etc.): 1.2-1.6 million
Gumball/Clarence/Lesser CN Shows: 1.1-1.4 million
>>
>>83510393

...ALVIN pulls more than Steven Universe and Adventure Time?
>>
>>83510504

Usually, but it's close and SU and AT are closing the gap pretty fast. Alvin's definitely fallen off significantly from where it was a few months ago.
>>
>>83502129
>Loud House still gets better ratings
Gonna post a source on that?
>>
>>83502393
I like Bogleech but the guy is an enormous aspie. The idea itself seems tedious but the execution is what matters.
>>
File: 1437097127364.jpg (169 KB, 500x735) Image search: [Google]
1437097127364.jpg
169 KB, 500x735
>>83510532

>kids are so powerful in my favorite medium

Fuck the world.
>>
>>83502129
its the hot new way of doing cartoons. You appeal to little kids by doing the standard cartoon thing, having interesting characters and funny plot lines and so on and you appeal to adults by doing some sort of 'inclusive' thing. For the cherry on top you make a larger plot but only reveal bits and pieces of it to get lorefags interested. Worked for SU and worked for GF
>>
>>83510550
Nickelodeon has always gotten better ratings than Cartoon Network. They have better brand recognition among kids.
>>
>>83503300
>Compared to the other one where the fanbase on /co/ is limited to posting their fanart in /trash/ cause of all the pedophilia.
SU? Because there's nothing remotely original about its story or premise
>>
File: Final-Cable-2016-May-FRI.20.png (333 KB, 831x1258) Image search: [Google]
Final-Cable-2016-May-FRI.20.png
333 KB, 831x1258
>>83510550
>>
>>83510683

Blame disney.
>>
>>83510872

Whoa, the Disney kidcoms are crashing, I thought Bunk'd and Stuck In The Middle were still pulling down good numbers. There's hope for this generation yet.
>>
>>83510872

Did you read that list? There's not a single CN show on there, let alone Steven Universe.
>>
>>83510872

Also this proves that ALL kids' shows, not just Steven Universe, are performing well in the adults' demo as well, even though the kids' demo is the only one relevant for Disney/Nick/CN. So that means they're all doing equally well in the important demos (i.e. the kids' demos).
>>
>>83502393
That only applies to Lisa, though, and everyone's agreed that she's the worst Loud.
>>
>>83510946

Compare Loud House's ratings with the CN shows from the earlier list. Loud House is beating Steven Universe by about 200,000 viewers.
>>
>>83510895

Disney is challenging kids with stuff like Gravity Falls and Zootopia though. I actually blame Nick. They've never had anything really challenging and controversial on their network save maybe Ren & Stimpy and that's only because people were scared of the gross imagery.
>>
>>83510871
Yeah I am sickened by that. As long as /co/ is free of creepy Loud House I am fine. Some of the girls are teens but it still is creepy. Especially when they go all out. /co/ removed some downright illegal stuff. I am so glad I did not see it. I love SU and Loud House but not the creepy side of the fandoms.
>>
>>83510228
>>83510872

We're in June
>>
>>83510946
That's because Cartoon Network airs new episodes on Thursdays and Nick airs them on Fridays. You can see CN's numbers >>83510228.
>>
>>83511006

No, dummy. The reason why animation got the "for kids" reputation in the first place was because of disney.
>>
>>83510999

Well, let's be reasonable here too. The Loud House is a new show. Kids were probably checking it out to see what's new. I'm also aware though that The Loud House is far easier to pick up and start watching randomly without knowing the universe or plot, unlike Steven Universe. I'm a fan of both shows pretty much equally though, so we'll just have to see how long this show can stoke the flames. Either way I won't be upset with the end result.
>>
>>83511030

Those are the ratings of the most recent new episodes for both shows.
>>
>>83510970
The 12-34 demograph is one that Cartoon Network has never shied away from.
>>
I'm hoping to god the success of Loud House makes executives at CN and Disney they can already fucking stop with the lolsorandumb 2deep4u shows already
>>
>>83511044

So what though? Who's perpetuating that reputation the most? Who boomed cartoons with gross out humor in the 90's when television animation networks took off? It's all about the here and now, and netoworks like CN and Disney are putting out stuff that actually requires the kids to have a little thought to follow, while Nick has been stagnant for decades, and even refused the opportunity to run Adventure Time on their network because of the very reasons I stated before. They're to blame here.
>>
>>83502320
nickolodeon literally doesn't air episodes they make
seriously it's the best
the big reason why loudhouse has good ratings is because they are doing nothing but airing loudhouse
>>
>>83511126

True, though CN advertisers primarily target the 2--11 demo.
>>
>>83511169

Nick is only one television channel.

>Who's perpetuating that reputation the most?

Normies who are in too deep and convinced that an entire medium should be for children only.
>>
>>83511228

What does that have to do with anything? Also, yeah, that's true, but what network is the normie perception of animation? When it comes to movies it'd be Disney, which normies are pretty comfortable admitting they enjoy, but when it comes to network animation everybody thinks of Nick, and then they see the kind of stuff Nick is putting out. It's just the cold hard truth.
>>
Actual, non-troll answer coming in.

Nickelodeon has been more popular than Cartoon Network since the late-2000's amongst kids, kids ultimately watch cartoons on TV more than adults; even if adults outnumber children viewers they watch cartoons primarily online or by other streaming services, and Nick airs Loud House a lot while CN sometimes doesn't even advertise SU's premiers.
>>
File: donald glover.jpg (10 KB, 236x313) Image search: [Google]
donald glover.jpg
10 KB, 236x313
That was a new episode of the Loud House. Steven Universe only had reruns that day. Christ, you people are gullible. Check Wikipedia next time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Loud_House
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Steven_Universe_episodes
>>
>>83511346
>a nigger telling me what to do
fuck Off
>>
>>83511298

>when it comes to network animation everybody thinks of Nick

I'd say it's CN.
>>
>>83502129

It's like buying online: you'd prefer the article based on 3,500 reviews with 4.2 stars than that based on 6 with 5 stars
>>
>>83511379

You'd be wrong. Nick has way more brand recognition than Cartoon Network solely because of Spongebob and the Klasky cartoons in the 90's. If it was Cartoon Network more adults would see cartoons like Steven Universe and Adventure Time and realize even if they don't like the cartoons that cartoons have just as much potential to have emotional depth as anime or Disney movies and we'd see some real change. At the moment though it's just the enthusiasts who see stuff like that.
>>
>>83511361
>le nigger mamay
>>
>>83511440

Do you have a single fact to back any of this up?
>>
>>83511156
I'm sorry, some of us actually enjoy shows with plot instead of "lolsorandom" shows thank you
>>
>>83511495
No of course not. He is saying that Nick has more brand recognition for fucking children. No one measures that kind of shit.
>>
>/lhg/ still this fucking mad their show's creator deleted his twitter when he realized he was corresponding with the pedophiles from there
I will forever kek heartily
RIP /lhg/
They died from eternal bleeding.
>>
>>83511495

You're really trying to say Spongebob isn't the tippest top of cartoon recognition? It had a theatrical release...what, a year and a half ago? What other cartoon on in recent years has gotten that? Cartoon Network's attempt at that was an abysmal failure, as unfortunate as that is. You want facts? Look around you. Stop blaming the wrong people for the medium you presumbly enjoy being fucked up. It's so obvious that Disney and Cartoon Network are at least giving it an attempt to mature the medium otherwise we wouldn't have the more mature content they've been pumping out.
>>
>>83510872
Anon there was no new episode airing that day. Seriously this is just sad bait
>>
>>83502994
Two brothers and parents that have been together since 30+ years(they are technically not married though), enjoy the hell out of it because the sibling dynamic really does come across as real.
>>
>>83511615
Can I have a source for this? Google brings up nothing
>>
>>83511646

I posted the ratings for the last new episode of Steven.

Either way, they're both the highest rated shows on their respective networks and have been renewed for at least an additional season, so it doesn't matter if one is higher rated than the other.
>>
>>83506706
I'm sorry no one responded to your bait. I felt bad, so I'm giving you a free (you).
>>
>>83511629

>one of nick's cartoon recently had a movie therefore nick is the most recognized brand in animation

oh okay
>>
>>83502129
Loud House is new and has a regular schedule so far.

Steven Universe is just coming off of a LONG Hiatus so its ratings are lower thanks to the constant hiatus's
>>
>>83511629
>It had a theatrical release...what, a year and a half ago? What other cartoon on in recent years has gotten that?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has done it twice.

And they'll do it again next year.
>>
>>83511927

Alright then, it's like trying to reason with a brick wall. You know it's true but for some reason you don't want to admit it. Good conversation for the most part though.
>>
File: 1462911760268.png (30 KB, 880x305) Image search: [Google]
1462911760268.png
30 KB, 880x305
>>83511615
>>
>>83502129
Well, SU is trash and Loud House is good. You do the math.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.