[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultimate Marvel Storytime >What's being storytimed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 250
Ultimate Marvel Storytime

>What's being storytimed?

Ultimate Marvel, later known as Ultimate Comics, was an imprint of comic books published by Marvel Comics, featuring re-imagined and updated versions of the company's superhero characters from the Ultimate Universe. The imprint was launched in 2000 with the publication of the series Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate X-Men, providing new original stories for the characters. The Marvel Multiverse, which comprises an infinite number of galaxies and alternate universes, calls this universe Earth-1610.

>Why are you doing this?

Because there's a lot of good stuff that people ignored that deserves recognition and even the bad stuff can be fun.

>Why this order?

I originally planned on doing USM to Death of Spider-Man, but I want to do the rest now. I've separated things into groups for convenience.

>Where can I catch up?

Right here http://pastebin.com/NfBDHt1X
>>
MADMAN
A
D
M
A
N
>>
>>
Awesome I really loved the Ultimate FF
>>
>>
>>
Ultimate F4 was great.
>>
>>
You gonna stick UFF Mk. 2 at the end of this?
>>
>>
>>83194771
Is Reed's one sister retarded?
>>
>>83194764
End of Ultimates since it basically is just a continuation of Fialkov's Ultimates run. Doing just UFF and X4 for this.

The Ultimates #1-13
Ultimate Gah Lak Tus Trilogy
Ultimate Vision
The Ultimates 2 #1-6
The Ultimates Annual #1
Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk
The Ultimates 2 #7-13
The Ultimates 2 Annual
Supreme Power
Ultimate Power
Supreme Power v3
Ultimate Human
Ultimate Captain America Annual
Ultimate Hulk Annual
Ultimates Saga
The Ultimates 3
Ultimate Origins
Ultimatum
Ultimate Armor Wars
Ultimate Avengers
Ultimate Avengers 2
Ultimate Doomsday
Ultimate Captain America
New Ultimates
Ultimate Thor
Ultimate Avengers 3
Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates
Ultimate Fallout
Ultimates #1-18
Ultimates #18.1
Ultimates #19-24
Ultimate Comics Iron Man #1-4
Ultimates #25-30
Hunger #1-4
Cataclysm #0.1
Cataclysm: Ultimates #1-3
Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand #1-5
Survive
All-New Ultimates #1-12
Ultimate FF #1-6
Ultimate End #1-5
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83194849
Sounds cool.
And man Ultimate Galactus was the last great UFF-Ellis story
>>
>>
>>83194849
Poor Reed. No wonder he turned crazy.
>>
>>
>>
>>83194923
He went crazy because Bendis is a tired hack.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83195450
Oh Mole Man screamed "more plot" but never got any
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83197154
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Is it explained why Doom has goat legs?
>>
>>
>>
>>83195472
What about that annual?
>>
>>
>>83197999
Because it looks cool as shit
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83198083
Good enough for me.
>>
>>83194596
>Bendis again
What did Bendis write the entire Ultimate universe?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83198191
He had a hand in everything except Ultimates.
>>
>>
>>83194849
Isnt.uff fantastic 4?
>>
>>
>>
So...what happened to utopia?
>>
>>83198392
Future Foundation.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83198457
I know

I am saying that should go on this storyyime instead of the ultimates

Its Reed and sue and doom and its named for an f4 book.

Really is more Fantastic Four than Ultimates
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83198453
Unresolved
>>
>>83198392
As I said earlier it is more of a continuation of Fialkov's run on Ultimates so it'll read better there
>>
Fun fact

>Initially offered the choice of rebooting the Marvel line with Ultimate X-Men or Ultimate Spider-Man as a lure away from DC, Grant Morrison turned both titles down, recommending Mark Millar for the Ultimate X-Men gig, and jumping ship from DC to pen the X-franchise flagship title, retitled New X-Men during his tenure.

>During his 4-year stint at Marvel, Morrison consulted on the launch of further titles in the Ultimate line, specifically Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate Avengers, eventually known simply as The Ultimates.

>Ultimate Fantastic Four was envisioned as a superhero sitcom-soap opera, seen by Morrison to be in line with prevailing pop-culture trends (think Buffy, Friends etc.). This tactic had been used before in comics, notably in Giffen & DeMatties' Justice League International, a comic that had, at the time of Morrison's proposal, dramatically fallen out of fashion since its heyday in the late 80's-early 90's.

>Supposedly Mark Waid, then writer of the main Fantastic Four book, asked for any Ultimate Fantastic Four book to be delayed so as not to detract from the then critical and commercial success of his title.

>Ultimate Fantastic Four eventually surfaced in 2004, after Morrison had left Marvel for another stint at DC, written by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Millar and, according to Morrison in various interviews, incorporating uncredited much of his original pitch.

>"Ultimate Fantastic Four will probably still appear", said Morrison in an interview with Newsarama, "but I won't have anything to do with it. I was involved in some of the discussions that went on prior to the release of The Ultimates so I feel as though I've contributed my ten cents worth already."
>>
He also wants to do Ultimate Kree/Skrull War

>An Ultimate re-write of Roy Thomas, Sal Buscema, John Buscema and Neal Adams' era-defining multi part epic from Avengers v1 #89-97.

>"One thing I wanted to do was 'Ultimate Kree/Skrull War', or Kree/Chitauri War...", said Morrison in a Newsarama interview. "It would reveal that the original Super-Soldier serum was genetically-engineered by Kree scientists using shapeshifting Skrull/Chitauri DNA"

>"The Kree, hidden on our planet for centuries, were attempting to create a race of genetically-perfect supermen to protect the Earth in the oncoming Kree/Skrull conflict. The Skrull Super-Soldier mix, applied to the not-very-fluid human anatomy, would have also explained why Banner turns green... among other things... "
>>
*wanted
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Oh shit, we FF now. We're in for some gooooood
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83199393
Welcome back, sir.
>>
>>
>>83199477
I felt the calling of based Immonen.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83194880
Bump
>>
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 250

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.