[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was a great Zod and the Krypton lore and world building
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 15
File: zod-header.jpg (38 KB, 640x314) Image search: [Google]
zod-header.jpg
38 KB, 640x314
This was a great Zod and the Krypton lore and world building was top tier. Id say its one of the best renditions of Zod, Krypton, Jor-El and Kal-el's birth origin stories.

Too bad BvS didnt have the world building MoS had and didnt really expand upon it.
>>
>>82948122
>This was a great Zod
>I will find him
>I will find him and I will punch him
>I will punch that baby
>So hard!
Then Zod left, his home planet died on the way there
>>
>>82948122
>Jor El has a pet dragon
>good
>>
>>82948419
>pet dragon

Thanagarian snare beast.
>>
>>82948308
You gotta be some kind of shithead if you didn't enjoy Michael Shannon's performance.
>>
>>82948419
Fuck you that thing was one of the best parts of the Krypton scenes
>>
>>82948419
>Jor-el having a pet dragon
>bad
Does /co/ just hate fun?
>>
>>82948419
Krypton having weird dragon monsters is a thing that goes back to the fucking silver age.
>>
>>82948419
Is the small things that make for good world building. There are tons of interesting stuff in the Krypton segmen. In a few minutes of screentime you get a clear look of

>the political system
>the divisions between society tiers
>their moral
>the family composition and relationships
>their eugenics system
>their technology
>their fears, traditions and hopes
>their pets dragons

Its an incredible well crafted piece of world building.
>>
File: wink wink.jpg (78 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
wink wink.jpg
78 KB, 500x375
>>82948554
And the dildo prison justice system.
>>
>>82948122

Yeah my only beef is that they didn't redo the "kneel before Zod" line somehow. And Jor-El stole the show, he was based as fuck the entire time.

I hate how they just left that ship in metropolis. It should of been the Fortress of Solitude obviously!
>>
>>82948308
This.
He was just a dude with a weird looking facial structure and anger issues.
>>
>>82948478
I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it.
I just wish they dressed him up as Daffy Duck first, to match his character.
>>
>>82948580
As opposed to the floating mirror system which all pales in the in comparison to the spotlight system.
>>
>>82948611
How about you quit it with the memspeak and actually explain what you didn't like about his performance.
>>
Do you think Batman raped the Joker in this universe?
>>
>>82948609
He was a fucking military hothead genetically designed to be a military hothead.

No shit he was going to try to fix everything with violence. To play that part was his whole character. To defy his purpose as military hothead would be to defy Krypton Law. He had to follow his genetic commands...no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good.
>>
>>82948709
Do you think that meme is actually funny anon?
>>
>>82948728
I do you stupid fucking piece of shit.
Go be a motherfucking asshole elsewhere.
>>
>>82948611
I wish you were actually funny but we can't get everything we want anon.
>>
File: 3g6og5f0.jpg (143 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
3g6og5f0.jpg
143 KB, 780x439
>>82948709
>>
>>82948580
>We have studied this planet, Earth, and learned much of their justice system
>By sealing our prisoners in self contained rape shells
>The shells look like dildos so we can launch them into a space anus
>Which we shove into a butthole in space/time
>It's three levels of rape, ensuring 100% success
How does that rehabilitate them 100% of the time?
>Rehabilitate?
>>
>>82948751
How you shitpost somewhere else?
>>
File: allsmiles.jpg (50 KB, 213x408) Image search: [Google]
allsmiles.jpg
50 KB, 213x408
>people still defending MoS with such desperation
>mfw
Stop praising shit and maybe the jew overlords might consider their work is currently shit and will give an actual good director a shot to produce a good Superman movie.
You don't have to roll on the shit that is Man of Steel.
>>
>>82948790
Why can't we ever have a nice discussion about the DCEU? Everytime someone tries to just have a discussion the shitposters come up in droves trying to derail the thread.
>>
File: flame dragon from Krypton.jpg (52 KB, 400x584) Image search: [Google]
flame dragon from Krypton.jpg
52 KB, 400x584
>>82948419
As many things as there are to criticize about MoS, I can't fault that pet dragon. That was cool
>>82948525
Huh, so it is. Didn't know that at all until 5 seconds ago.
>>
>>82948695
His coup was stopped and his planet doomed to destruction, his people will go extinct, and there will be no trace of their civilization left. All their accomplishments lost.
His lone chance to save and attempt to bring about a revolution that would save his world and lead them to a new life where they would not repeat the mistakes of the misguided leader caste.

And he rants for five minutes about hunting down and punching a baby because his father stole the codex, for no reason. Not that Zod needed it in the first place anyways, if you pay attention to half the shit they reveal about the genesis chambers.
>>
>>82948580
Yeah, we all know you're a fan of that, Gordon.
>>
>>82948790
No one said it was good. But the world building was top tier and gave so much information about Krypton its almost its own mini movie inside a bigger movie.

The MCU has great relationships between characters but shit tier and I mean really shit tier world building. 13 movies and they still cant decide how the world organizations operate.13 movies and you really dont know shit about the world where they live. You would think the people in New york would fucking reference an alien invasion in half of the conversations if it ever happened, yet the netflix shows (which are canon) barely acknowledge it.
>>
>>82948122
Zod was okay. Better than most of the MCU villains but not as good as he could've been nor was he quite as good as Terrence Stamp's version either. Honestly Faora if anything, kinda stole the show from right underneath him.

We still haven't gotten the definitive Zod or Phantom Zone criminal story yet, though there's been some good ones.

Best version of Krypton, Jor-El, or Kal-El's birth? Fuck no.
>>
>>82948790
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
File: batbaby.jpg (185 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
batbaby.jpg
185 KB, 500x453
>>82948525
>>82948855
>it's from the silver age it must be good
>>
>>82948859
Zod is neither a scientist or a reasonable politician. He is a killing/fighting machine made for war.

He also didnt believe the elders were wrong, but corrupt, lazy or weak to enforce the Kryptonian law. He wanted power to do exactly the same as the actual elders but 1000x times more strict.
>>
>>82948945
No, it's from the silver age, and it happens to be good, you turdmuncher.
>>
>>82948828
>Why can't we ever have a nice discussion about the DCEU?
Because I want everyone to hate it so they cancel the Justice League and DC understand that they need to make good movies because I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see a good Superman film since the first trailer of MoS and they are only shitting the place
>>
>>82948790

I liked Man of Steel. Why can't i discuss this goddamn movie without people sperging out?

Goddamn, man.
>>
>>82948122
If you mean space world-building, then there's still hope for the Green Lantern Corps movie. That is, unless they fire Snyder before he has a chance to make the visuals for it.
>>
>>82949005

What makes MoS a bad movie and what does a movie need to be a good Superman movie?
>>
>>82948122
love it or hate it MOS was focused. BVS wasn't
>>
>>82948945
Thats a big baby.

And considering how fun the actual panel looks it doesnt really help your argument against the silver age. Btw, Im already downloading the issue so I can enjoy it.
>>
>>82948985
But it's not good.
>>
>>82948859
You're a fucking moron if you think Zod was talking about punching a baby. Like seriously you have brain problem if you mind went automatically to
>I can't believe he said he's gonna punch a baby
>>
>>82949083
Why isn't it good?
>>
>>82949005
But I liked MoS. I liked the Superman parts in BvS and Im waiting for his return in either JL or MoS2.

Just enjoy Vision on the MCU and leaves us alone. He even has a new sweater and pretends to be human like Clark Kent.
>>
>>82948859

Sex was forbidden and having a baby the normal way was a terrible sin. Ka-El represented everything wrong that happened. From his friend betraying him, from Krypton's bible being inside a abomination, from the coup going wrong, from Krypton dying.
>>
>>82949083
It's good because it makes Kryptonian culture seem foreign to us in an inventive and fun way.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>82949032
People are triggered by high quality films because they're reminded how bad the movies they like are. It's the same reason degenerates don't like Superman.
>>
>>82949005
all you're doing is shitposting. don't pretend there is some greater purpose behind it because that shit is cowardly.
>>
>>82949005
>me me me
just fuck off
>>
>>82949102
Imagine in an action flick, in NY city, the world's smartest scientist jumps on a horse to escape from a bunch of guys in motorcycles and cars.

I can probably admit it's le awesome XD, but it's not good.
>>
>>82949121
Did you like the other parts of BvS? I hope he comes back mid-way through the Justice League movie because I really don't want to wait a long time just to see more of him.
>>
>>82949159
That's a really stupid argument considering we're talking about an alien from a crazy dying planet that's full of space dragons.
>>
>>82949159

>Imagine in an action flick, in NY city, the world's smartest scientist jumps on a horse to escape from a bunch of guys in motorcycles and cars.

I can see that. Scientist sees that the traffic is jammed, steals a cop's horse and escapes the bad guys while they're stuck in their cars and yelling at cab drivers.

What now?
>>
>>82949159
Krypton isn't Earth, your analogy falls apart because you're assuming Dragon=Horse.
>>
>>82949159
In the Silver Age, the guy jumping on the horse would say "luckily, my gene-transmutation ray was able to increase this horse's speed, allowing me to escape my would-be captors unharmed!"
>>
>all this crying because someone doesn't like man of steel
>>
>>82949121
How can you like Superman in BvS? He just pouts the whole time and gets his ass kicked by Batman. I was legit mad at Snyder during the titular fight because it was so one-sided.
>>
>>82949129
Woah buddy. You should stop associating that good superhero with that bad movie.
>>
>>82949238
I get the feeling this exact scenario probably happened at least once.
>>
>>82949121
I feel the same. MOS was the first Superman movie i really enjoyed and i liked the Batman part of BVS. But god forbid we have any Batfleck threads without
>lol Bat of Murder

All the while gleefully ignoring how many he killed in the Burton movies and act like Snyder was the first director to have him killing motherfuckers
>>
>>82949208
I specifically added motorbikes to counter that stupid shit, but nice try.

>>82949192
>full

He's the only one with a dragon though.
>>
>>82948122
I like how all the Kryptonians on the Black Zero were basically Easter egg of all the Phantom zone prisoners in the comics. They didn't get any screen time but it was neat.
>>
File: 1453786823892.gif (2 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
1453786823892.gif
2 MB, 380x285
>>82949129
Oh my God, you've actually gone as far as to psychoanalyze people who don't like the movie in order to defend your opinion of it.

That's just...really sad, man. It's okay to like something that a lot of other people don't like without having to come up with a reason for you to be superior to them.
>>
>>82949175
I liked the Batman parts, liked the Superman parts.

Didnt like the Diana as civilian, Lex and Doomsday parts.

Pacing and editing wasn't really bad, just not what you would expect from an action movie. Its an unusual pacing. Like Hulk 2003 which isnt a bad movie, just an unusual one.

Anyways, I liked MoS and Cavill.
>>
>>82949330
>He's the only one with a dragon though.
That we see. We only saw a very small set of people in one city, and even the design book talks about how the Kryptonians regularly tame and fly the dragons the same way Jor-El does.
>>
File: Berserk_di_khorne.jpg (97 KB, 960x567) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_di_khorne.jpg
97 KB, 960x567
I guess, but shit was more like Warhammer 40K than Superman. General Zod and his Doomsday blood ritual transformation was like a Chaos Marine Bloodthirster story
>>
>>82948980
>He also didnt believe the elders were wrong, but corrupt, lazy or weak to enforce the Kryptonian law
>He didn't believe they were wrong, but killed one and removed the rest from power and planned to rebuild Krypton how he saw fit

>>82949086
How retarded are you? He said he was going to find Kal and kill him. Even if he isn't planning on punching the baby, he is just ranting about murdering a toddler.

>>82949125
>Sex was forbidden
I'm pretty sure it's forbidden to overthrow the ruling caste in a violent military coup and rebuild the genetic caste system

Also great way to pull something out of your ass to explain why a revolutionary was so hell bent on infanticide while trying to save his planet.
>>
MoS was full of Krypton references. There are soooo many goddamn things.

Nam-Ek who's actually a giant.
Drax-Ur as Zod's scientist guy. Drax-Ur was used recently during Grant Morrison's AC run.
Motherfucking Kelex & Kelor.
Rondor beasts
The Guardian.
Dr. Hamilton
Planet Daxam.
>>
>>82949404
Anon, Kal's natural birth was the living embodiment of everything against what he believed in. His desire to find and kill him was driven by his unyielding ambition to restore the genetic purity of Krypton.
>>
>>82949374
>the design book

How about putting that in the movie? You know, actual world building? Instead of having, again, fucking Nikola Tesla riding a horse around like a retard.
>>
>>82949404
Yeah he did the almost exact same thing in the donner movies too.
>I will have him kneel before me
>I will find him
Zod is very goal oriented person.
>>
>>82949500
And he sacrificed his people to uphold one law, for a system he was in the middle of a violent coup to topple.
Either you acknowledge he was a crazy psychopath
Or he was a shitty leader and military commander
>>
>>82949348
That's fair. One of my favorite scenes in both movies is still the first flight scene in MoS.
>>
>>82949404

There's a difference between removing the ruling elders from power because you think you can do better, which is entirely political, and being okay with people committing a sin, which is a religious matter.

Zod was basically a muslin fanatical.
>>
>>82949527
They did do that, when they showed a Kryptonian riding around on his pet dragon during the short time that was possible.
>>
>>82949445
Drax-ur was also played by the same actor who played Lex's degenerative clone on smallville.
>>
>>82949527

There were dragons in Krypton.

What next, you'll complain about Robin existing?
>>
>>82949404
>and planned to rebuild Krypton how he saw fit
How he saw fit its exactly the same as the elders did. Following Kryptonian law. The only difference is that he would get shit done. He didnt want to remake the law, he was bind by that law.
>>
I still don't get why Jor-El didn't just destroy the Codex. Clark was a natural birth, the start of a new bright future and all that shit. So why burden him with the thing that makes the caste system work if you want to create a new and better version of Krypton?
>>
>>82949582
>Either you acknowledge he was a crazy psychopath
HE WAS GOD DAMN YOU ARE DENSE. HE IS A FUCKING WAR MACHINE GENETICALLY DESIGNED TO BE A WAR MACHINE

>And he sacrificed his people to uphold one law, for a system he was in the middle of a violent coup to topple.
He didnt want to change the law, just to be the one who enforces it. He didnt want to change the caste system or the eugenics system, he just wanted to be in charge of those.
>>
>>82949620
>>82949589
Lucky for him there was no Kryptonian law about killing the ruling council and seizing power. That would have been so awkward
>>
>>82949404
What? Motherfucker did you forget was like
>a natural birth?
>HERESY
Krypton is usually a pretty sterile place m8, where the idea of sweaty and base sexual intercourse is seen as somethong that the kryptonians are above
>>
>>82949644

In the novel Jor-El started to love his people and culture a bit more after the birth of his son.

In the movie it was never really explained. Jor-El didn't even point that out when he talked with Clark.
>>
>>82949620
>The only difference is that he would get shit done. He didnt want to remake the law, he was bind by that law.
Not that strongly, or there'd be no coup.
It's really weird that their genetic programming dictates everything but the leader class never stuck in a "hey military guys be 100% loyal and never rebel" subroutine in there.
>>
>>82949644
Because MacGuffin
>>
>>82949404
No he's threating the son of the man who stopped his coup.
>>
>>82949671
Jor el didn't want him to have the codex for the sole reason that Zod would choose which genetic lines would rebuild Krypton.
Zod admitted to this.
>>
>>82949681
There are clear differences. The genetic caste system was something closer to religion for him.

The coup was not. His only command was to do cruel things for the greater good.

The greater good is to continue Krypton with the caste and eugenics system. The cruel thing is the coup.
>>
>>82949644
because he needs the genetic info in the codex to make more kryptonians. a single surviving baby obviously isnt going to be able to breed his entire race back into existence naturally
>>
>>82949681

How can you fail to grasp the difference between politics and religion?

Are you saying that muslin terrorists never topple muslin governments in the Middle East?
>>
>>82949721
I know that. I want to hear fans justify it.
>>
>>82949644
Because Jor-el was a product of his environment.
>>
>>82949582
Yes, he is indeed an insane psychopath. He's a villain anon.
>>
>>82949736
But isn't that just revving the whole genetic caste system then?
>>
>>82949802
you can use the genetic data to make a bunch of clones without adhering to the caste system that traditionally went along with it. just whip up a new batch of kryptonians and raise them to appreciate free will, choice, etc.
>>
>>82949783
Which is strange because the implications are that Zod wasn't, because who the hell engineers a soldier without loyalty? That's like, step one, before all the other fighting things.

Which I don't even really see the product of to be honest. What exactly is Zod supposed to excel at? Jor-El can fight him hand to hand, as can Clark, who has never thrown a punch in his life. We never see him use space guns either.
>>
>>82949839
He loyal to Krypton, not to the council of Krypton.
>>
>>82949838
I don't know about that when Clark's genetics dictate even his fashion choices. And he's the supposed "free will" star child.
>>
>>82949839
>Jor-el can fight him hand to hand
Because Jor-el knows that sweet science.
>>
>years later and even after a sequel is out, people are still debating about the quality of Man of Steel

Love it or hate it, gotta admit it's a lot more interesting to discuss than the MCU movies.
>>
>>82949862
This.
>>
>>82949738
Because they never state that in the movie. They have no religion established in the film, just the laws. He was breaking the laws and committing a violent coup. Jor-el commits one crime and has a natural birth, he immediately focuses on that while the planet is dying around him.
Unless you would like to point to a single scene that supports the case
>>
>>82949862
Zeroth Law Rebellion then?
The more I think about it the more it seems like if you remove all the caste stuff and the genetics stuff and just made into a Kryptonian-made Brainiac or other AI, his characterization and arc get exponentially better.
>>
>>82949839
Clark can stand up to him because he's been living for 30 years with superhuman durability and for the vast majority of the fight he has a significant strength boost over Zod, powers that Zod is only just starting to pick up.
>>
>>82949893
Dont summon the shitposters or they will come to ruin the thread.
>>
>>82949900
>Because they never state that in the movie. They have no religion established in the film, just the laws
>HERESY!!!
Its nice how they build the world and explain so much with a single word. Everyone saying Zod wasnt great should kill themselves.
>>
>>82949839
Actually that Fight scene between him and Jor-el was entirely unscripted.
>Fightin' around the world
>>
In the novel Jor-El regained love and faith after the birth of his son. That's why you see him going to back to plead with the Law Council one last time for them to let the people escape to the stars. He knew the planet was doomed, but was so lived with love thanks to his son that he thought that maybe living the rest of Krypton to perish was a dick move.

It is then that he learns about the coup and Zod plan to overthrow the Council, stating that certain bloodlines will have to be sacrificed to make Krypton's future better. Jor-El, fearing about Krypton's future with Zod having the Codex ad knowing that his newborn son will likely be sacrificed for his natural birth too, realized he had to take action.

The movie doesn't have the luxury of having Jor-El's narration, but most of it can be inferred.
>>
>>82949910
>Clark can stand up to him because he's been living for 30 years with superhuman durability and for the vast majority of the fight he has a significant strength boost over Zod,
Didn't look like that to me. There's no real sense of scale in their respective strengths; they're both just hella strong and fucking invincible and the only thing that receives damage is the background.
And again, when on equal footing, Jor El kicks his ass and Zod has to resort to a backstab.
>>
>>82949958
Who wrote the novelization?
>>
>>82949893
It really is. I deeply dislike Zack Snyders entire style and he is undeniably really shitty at story telling, but they've provided a lot of discussion since they've come out.
>>
>>82949900

>Because they never state that in the movie. They have no religion established in the film

They fucking do, man. How many times someone need to cite Rao's name?
>>
>>82949964
Jor-El had the power of love and justice in his fists.

Its like you dont even justice.
>>
>>82949996
To be honest though half the time it doesn't even feel like we're discussing the movie, but rather various fan rewrites that are infinitely superior and with more depth than what's there on screen.
>>
>>82949964
>equal footing

Jor-El had power armor.
>>
>>82949989

Greg Cox.
>>
>>82950040
St. Thomas (II-II:11:1) defines HERESY!: "a species of infidelity in men who, having professed the faith of Christ, corrupt its dogmas".
>>
>>82949950
>saying heresy establishes a very complex religious ideology around genetics
>but luckily doesn't have anything to do with the leader class, dictated by the genetic law
>or erasing them from the genetic hierarchy
Such lore, much deep
>>
>>82950040

>but rather various fan rewrites that are infinitely superior and with more depth than what's there on screen.

I disagree. Here's something that i always happen in these threads:

>anon complains about something
>another anon explain it
>first anon disagree and say that the other anon made that up
>the other anon then goes to a herculean length to prove what he explained
>the first anon now without having what to say complain that the explanation don't make the movie good and that the concept was forced and obvious (despite having argued at first that the anon had made it up)

One good example of this was the Excalibur shit in BvS.
>>
>>82950091
He is faithful and loyal to Krypton (and Rao assuming it exists on the Zackverse). Not to the council.

Whatever shit you complained about was already explained several times during the thread with information that can gather inside the movie.

Zod was analogue to a religious fanatic. And his last speech answers pretty much any doubt you can have about his character.
>>
>>82948122
He was shit, and you're shit for liking it.
>>
>>82950091

>The Kryptonian Mediator Guild is one of the five primary guilds on the planet Krypton. It is the religious faction of Krypton, devoted to worshiping the gods of Krypton: Rao (god of light and life), Yuda (goddess of the moons), Telle (god of wisdom) and Lirra (goddess of beauty).

http://dccomicsextendeduniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Kryptonian_Mediator_Guild
http://dccomicsextendeduniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_of_Rao

Happy?
>>
>>82950225
Nope. The Krypton segment was great and gave much information and lore as a full regular movie would give you.
>>
>>82950239
Which scene in the movie was this again?
>>
>>82950239

Here's the making of before anyone says that there was no fucking religion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqwX-HrgykA
>>
>>82950309
HERESY
>>
>>82950136
Attributing meaning is always a personal task and can easily be contradicted by the creator.

Like how everyone argued to herculean lengths to justify the kabbalic imagery in Evangelion only for the director to say "it means nothing we just thought it looked cool". Death of the author is well and good, but it often going to be coming from you, not the work itself.
>>
>>82950328

Here's more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q-slnIJo0U

Also, Zack had a lot of neat ideas. This idea that the guy is a moron that /co/ has is really silly.
>>
>>82950466

More;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6vJc0QCIco
>>
>>82950466
He's extremely bad at telling stories despite his ideas
>>
I love MoS and wish the Krypton opening was actually longer. Shit was dope.
>>
>>82950659
Eh, I disagree.

DoTD, 300, Watchmen, Guardians and MoS are all well told stories. Not perfect, but demonstrate he does understand how to structure a story.

Sucker Punch was a production mess with WB constantly interfering, cuasing changes in the original concept, etc and it definitely showed in the final product.

BvS had 30 minutes gutted from the theatrical edit, so I dont think its fair to say Snyder failed at telling a story when we havent seen the Directors Cut, which is likely 30 minutes of actual story that was cut from the film.
>>
To think that the audience couldn't relate to the movie precisely because it was too "real", violent and pessimistic with people dying and Superman not smiling enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy48zOtzn78

Trying to make the movies too realistic our groundbreaking is actually fucking Warner Brothers in the ass. People don't want to be surprised or having their notions challenged. They just want to have fun and safe fun at that, and to that fanservice is key. So any surprises is met with hate. Just look that the Mandarin butthurt with Iron Man 3. Fans hated that despite being a very intelligent and modern take.
>>
>>82948859
>Not that Zod needed it in the first place anyways, if you pay attention to half the shit they reveal about the genesis chambers
That's completely wrong. He needed the codex because it contained the genetic material for all future Kryptonians. The Genesis Chamber needs a genetic sample before it can make any babies.
>>
>>82950332
I think this is usually true, but Zack gives a ton of hints in this case. It would be alot more surprising if he didn't plan all the symbolism.
>>
>>82950747
Watchmen was a scene for scene retelling of the comic, and what few alterations he made actually damaged the story except the squid. The squid was always dumb
>>
it also didn't have the civilian murder and Superman making out with Lois Lane in the ashes of Metropolis that Man of Steel had
>>
>>82948520
>fun
>in a grimdark dc movie
yeah, you are fucking stupid
>>
>>82954983
>Fun=light and campy
Look at this fucker and laugh.
>>
>>82954983
Who the fuck are you, the fun police?
>oh no that's not how you have REAL fun.
Guess what motherfucker I found both MoS and BvS fun so how about you eat a dick.
>>
>>82951438
Then no scout ship sent away from Krypton would ever work and they intentionally sent out non functioning equipment
>>
>>82954983
People who say that the DCEU is "Grimdark" probably doesn't know what Grimdark really is.
The movie Antichrist is Grimdark
Wanted is grimdark
MoS and BvS are not.
>>
>>82955277
>then no scout ship sent away from Krypton.
How did you even come to this conclusion?
>>
>>82948122
Krypton lore sucks donkey balls though.
>>
>>82955387
If Zod could just save people from the major castes and use their genetic samples to perpetuate the race, then he has no need for the codex and let his coup fail for nothing.

If the codex is truly needed for the genesis chambers to function, then how would the scout ships chamber be used at all?
>>
>>82955443
Because they're scout ships you idiot, not colonization carriers.
>>
>>82955496
Then why do they have genesis chambers?
>Krypton sends out scout ships with nonfunctioning chambers and the colonies die within a generation
>Krypton sends out scout ships that can copy genetic samples, Zod doesn't need the codex
>Krypton sends out scout ships that have a record of genetic materials, which is shown in BvS and MoS when the ship gives access to Zod, and Zod still doesn't need the codex
>>
>>82955443
Cloning is heresy.
>>
>>82948419
Better than another generic ice planet
>>
>>82955413
It works great for some people because there is so little substance in the movie that they can literally make up anything they feel fits. Like Zod becoming a religious zealot when he says a single word and establishes a deep Kryptonian religious background.
>>
>>82955443
He didn't just want to perpetuate the race, he wanted to cull the weak bloodline altogether.
>>
>>82948790
I have been a superman fan and reader for 20 years and I loved man of steel. My normie and casual friends liked it to.

Get over yourself
>>
>>82955556
Genesis chamber are used for gestation, they're like unfertilized eggs. Zod needs the codex to fertilize the eggs.
>>
File: senketsuishere.png (422 KB, 958x541) Image search: [Google]
senketsuishere.png
422 KB, 958x541
>>82948122
Are you kidding? Upon even cursory inspection nothing about Krypton or Jor-El and Zod's motivations made any fucking sense.

>Krypton is shit because people are pigeonholed into castes by their genetic makeup
>except this is immediately proven bullshit when Jor-El, an engineered scientist, kicks the shit out of Zod, an engineered soldier
>Despite being completely against genetic engineered caste-babies and everything the codex is and is used for, he rescues it from the collapsing cave instead of letting it sink or destroying it
>Despite the codex not only serving no purpose, but ONLY being capable of being used for the OPPOSITE of Jor-El's designs, he merges it with his natural-born son, ensuring Zod will want to murder him.
>Jor-El had enough time to ride a stupid CGI dragon to rescue the codex, build a machine to disperse the codex into bological material, build a baby space rocket, and transfer his consciousness to a USB drive, he apparently didn't have time to build a normal ship or put his wife or anyone else from krypton on flash storage
>GIANT PURPLE SPACE DILDOS
>>
>>82955556
you have completely misunderstood their function of the codex and the gensis chanbers
>>
>>82955556
The scout ships were sent out before Krypton started relying solely on the codex.
>>
>>82950748
The only way these movies could challenge you is if you've literally never watched anything but cape movies.
>>
>>82955585
People liken Zod to a religious fanatic because of Michael shannon's performance. Go back to middle school so you can learn about context.
>>
>>82955585
I'm not talking only in this movie, I'm talking in general: Krypton is the worst part of the Superman mythos.
>>
>>82955634
Then the genesis chambers don't work without the codex, and Krypton sent out ships that don't work.
>>
>>82955673
When did they state that?
>>82955660
The movie doesn't say much about the genesis chambers or the codex, mostly about why Jor-el and Zod need them
>>
>>82948419
Did Jonathan Kent having a pet dog make you laugh too?
>>
>super advanced society
>no one has ships
>the only people that get a ship are the prisoners sent to the phantom zone
>it isn't even a simple ship but a giant one

granted I think they found the world engine on one of the colonies
>>
>>82955709
You do know that the scout ship that Zod was using was like abandoned and ancient as balls right?
>>
>>82955740
When Jor-el expoist about Krypton's past.
>we once were a spacefaring race but we grew insular
>>
Also were was all the people.
There were like 30 people on Krypton and nothing more
>>
>>82955849
>still functioning and recognizes a current version of the Zod genetic line
>Zod said the ship was their chance to rebuild
>ship still worked even after being badly damaged by Superman
>Zod's team was able to turn a prison ship into a FTL ship using nothing but spare parts
What's your point? Do the chambers work without the codex or not? If the technology to make new Kryptonians without the codex is that ancient, then there is even less reason to need the codex.
>>
>>82955892
You are really reaching if you think that explains anything about the genesis chamber or the codex
>>
>>82955945
It does though. Once they went insular they would naturally keep the codex on Krypton and Kryptonians are not a race that woukd leave gentic tenplates laying around so they would either do a recall or just destroy them.
>>
>>82955910
Well of course the Ship would recognize Zod genetic lineage. Kryptonians kept the bloodlines pure.
>>
>>82955910
The chamber do not work without the codex which is plainly stated in the movie and the point is that scout ship wouldn't even have any genetic templates so Zod needs it.
>>
>>82956083
>they would naturally keep the codex on Krypton and Kryptonians are not a race that woukd leave gentic tenplates laying around so they would either do a recall or just destroy them.
You are just making all of this up and the last part doesn't even make sense
Why would they leave the genesis chambers out there if they care so much about not leaving Kryptonian copy machines?

>>82956111
If it recognizes Zod's lineage that means that it has Zod's line of genetic information, who are leaders of the military caste. Not something you'd really need on a colony ship.
Still we're left with the question that about if the genesis chamber needs a codex or not.
>>
>>82956142
>Krypton sends out dozens of colony ships, knowing they will all die after one generation
>Still send them out with genesis chambers that will never function and are completely pointless putting on a mobile structure
>>
>>82949582
Did you just post in prose?
Typing
Like this? The enter button
Is not meant to
Be used like that
>>
>>82956264
Were you even paying attention to the movie? Krypton abandoned all ofnit's colonies and probably with the support and materials luke the codex information to the colonies gensis chambers.
>>
>>82956242
Whyvwould move their most valuable resource off planet anon? And the gensis chambers are worthless without information the codex provides.
>>
>>82957698
>probably with the support and materials luke the codex information
>probably
So you're just making that up?

>>82957660
Where do you honestly think you are right now?
>>
>>82957756
That's my point. Why would they ship off genesis chambers to make colonies when the ships can't work away from Krytpon. It's building a water purification plant on the moon.
>>
>>82957856
Maybe that's what they realized and the very reason why they abandoned the idea of off world colonization.
They couldn't sustain their principals of genetic castes and they wouldn't commit heresy of natural birth and Krypton is a very ruthless society so they let the colonies die. Zod still needed the codex though.
>>
>>82958032
>Maybe
a bunch of shit you're making up
>Zod still needed the codex though.
for reasons that the movie never states and you have to make up reasons why the main villain is after the sole object that advances his plans and story
>>
>>82957660
An angry anonymous poster says
To not post in such a barbaric way
I implore you all to heed his request
Lest everyone involved will surely pay
>>
>>82955338
"Grimdark" is just a meaningless buzzword these days anyway. Like "Dudebro". I often wonder if people here are so lame as to use these terms in an actual conversation IRL.
>>
File: image.jpg (335 KB, 966x1482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
335 KB, 966x1482
>>82958197
MoS and BvS are definitely grim at certain times, but I would never call them dark.
>>
>>82958101
I didn't make it up, it's in the movie. It's not my fault you lack the necessary comprehension to piece information together.
>>
>>82958101
>never states
It's stated multiple times that the codex is the genetic database for the kryptonian race and thay Zod needs them of he wants to stick to the caste system he is ingrained to protect.
>>
>>82958901
This seems to apply to the nay-sayers of the DCEU films far too often to be a coincidence. Could it be that they really are just all retarded?
>>
>>82958901
>I made it up, it's not in the movie. It's not my fault you lack the necessary comprehension to make massive assumptions about the poorly established plot device.

>>82958991
Or that DCfans are so self absorbed with sucking themselves off constantly to ignore that anything could be wrong with the precious few movies that have been released this decade.
>>
>>82959272
The so-called "problems" of the movies are memes, lies, "not fun," or "not muh." If you don't like the tone, then watch something else.
>>
File: 1436142927272.jpg (700 KB, 960x3198) Image search: [Google]
1436142927272.jpg
700 KB, 960x3198
>>82959623
It's not about the tone of the movie. It's about how poorly the entire movie was handled.
>Zod needs a codex, despite genesis chambers on ships indicating you just need samples at the least if they couldn't generate it on their own
>Jor needs the codex because
>Jor injects the codex into Kal who will never figure out the importance of it unless he happens to randomly stumble on to a lost Kryptonian ship

If you're honestly so delusional and butthurt that you can't even admit some things might not make sense about the movie, then maybe you need to watch something else. Figure out what good story telling actually is.
>>
>>82959272
The movie stated that Krypton drooedany interest space exploration and abandoned their colonies.
The kryptonians in the movie have a dogmatic view of their gentic caste system and the codex plays heavily into that acting as their genetic template.
Such a valuable item would not be left in a vulnerable position like shipping off-world which is less something shown in the movie as so much it's common sense.
>>
>>82959839
>genesis chambers on ships indicating you're the one making shit up
>>
>>82959990
How fucking stupid are you?
>Let's build a shit ton of computers
>There is only one copy of the operating system that can ever exist and we can't install it in any of the computers we're shipping out
>Now lets ship these useless bricks every where.
Do you see how stupid this sounds?

>>82960056
The ship actually stated that in BvS
yet you have no problem at the numerous times people have made up random statements about the genesis ships and the codex?
DC fans surprise me, yet again.
>>
>>82948465
kek
>>
File: Kino3.jpg (1008 KB, 1500x3000) Image search: [Google]
Kino3.jpg
1008 KB, 1500x3000
but they did anon, they set up Doomsday in MoS and then it pays off in BvS, and they even mirror Zod stabbing Jor-El with Doomsday (ie Zod) stabbing Superman in the exact same way
>>
>>82948122
Faora outshined Zod desu.
>>
>>82948751

Yeah please. Forced gay-projecting meme is forced.
>>
>>82962784
Who the hell make these?
>>
>>82965167
Someone really desperate to prove that symbolism is more important than story telling
>>
>>82960272
The ship was talking about a kryptonian corpse and it's healing capacity, not about the kryptonian fetuses and the Genesis chamber.
>>
>>82960272
Well nobody said the kryptonians were smart.
>>
>>82960272
Almost as stupid as your analogy because yoy're trying to equate human technology with a super advance alien species. For all we know the codex gentic information can be beamed throughout space but you won't accept because the kond of idiot told somethong
>it's show
>not tell
>>
>>82955338
I agree it's not grimdark, but I would say that Superman's super grim for pretty much no reason.

Hey, maybe when he's back from the dead his logo will ACTUALLY stand for "hope", instead of "bored and burdened with too many grimaces".
>>
File: 1463567498405-tv.gif (988 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1463567498405-tv.gif
988 KB, 500x322
>>82949348
I didn't liked Batman's part because they epic, sure, but have no sense. Like why do you marking truck to find safe house of cargo, and then just start to chasing russkies with pointless shooting and distructions, and funniest thing that because Superman wich I always will consider as him hallucinating again and not their first actual meeting he stopped making shit and actually go back to batcave and finding safe house. I mean WTF. No sense.
Or Martha saving. Man having 20 years of crime fighting and don't find better way than just shoot and blow every thing, and starting Arkham-style fight (not to mention that games punish you for that).
Alone this scenes are great masterpiece, but in context they are not.
It's same to what I couldn't understand in Cap 2 why they shooted helicariers in mid-air, except for cool picture of epic destruction.

What I DO like is that Snyder made him actually crazy psychotic person, like really 20-years of crime fighting big guy. But I didn't like that he is also crazy in his job.

MoS I love same way I like old Superman movies and TV shows. But BvS was okay movie for me.
>>
>>82949052
Cheazyness and camp = fun for them, they want character to be forever stuck in Silver Age, because they actually don't like Supes but pretending to.
Even Bruce Timm loved MoS. Because he's true fan.
>>
File: SALUTE.png (948 KB, 498x767) Image search: [Google]
SALUTE.png
948 KB, 498x767
>>82960272
>>82959272
>>82958101
>>82957856
>>82957811
>>82956264
>>82956242
>>82955945
>>82955910
>>82955740
>>82955709
>>82955556
>>82955443
>>82955277
>>82948859
>>82948611
>>82948308
I wholeheartedly respect and applaud both you and your continued, tireless efforts. Continue on, good sir.
>>
>>82949325
I think people bitching because it's first since Adam West show of Batman appearance in full canonized suit, without muh realism all black fat body armor.

I just hope that funeral dialogue doesn't mean that he will be like CW's Green Arrow "I killed guys, but now I will not because it's not canon they said", and what I fear the most is that DCEU will become "critical nerds" victim because we already can see in BvS that all Doomsday fight zones magically had 0 people in them.
Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.