[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They really couldn't name him "White Gorilla"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: man-ape.gif (92 KB, 452x475) Image search: [Google]
man-ape.gif
92 KB, 452x475
They really couldn't name him "White Gorilla"?
>>
>>82744877
or Vanilla Gorilla
>>
>>82745005
or cum colored ape
>>
>>82744877
Should've named him opressive cracka-ass whiteboi tbqh baka
>>
>>82744877
>sees pictute
comics are dumb
>>
>>82748643
picture*
>>
>>82744877
How about 'Silverback'?
>>
>>82744877
das rayciss
>>
Guillotine Gorilla
>>
>Man-Ape
>An ape with the proportionate strength and speed of a man!
>>
>>82749203
>Man-Thing
>A thing with all the powers of a man
>>
Roy Thomas Avengers isn't very good
>>
>>82749240
>Thing-Man
>an object with all the powers of a man!
>>
>>82750003
>Man-Man
>A man with the strength of a single man.
>>
His name reflects the personality of his character. He's supposed to be a man wholly given into his primal, bestial nature in contrast to the civilized nature of Black Panther who has overcome his own bestial primalness
>>
>>82744877
Mayonape
>>
>>82751444
good answer. Trips don't lie
>>
>>82744877
or the movies they should just call him "M'Baku of the White Gorilla Cult"
>>
>>82751444
top kek
>>
I'm confused.
Which part is an ape and which part is a man?
>>
>>82751557
He's a man wearing a skinned gorilla pelt
>>
>>82752301

it's cute how you didn't notice his racist remark. maybe there's still some hope for humanity.
>>
>>82744877
Jut call him M'Baku and maybe have somebody let the term "Man-Ape" slide once like they did with Warmonger and Abomination.
>>
>>82752588
Or I could just be dumb
>>
>>82744877
Dem feet. Unf.
>>
File: wtfug.jpg (9 KB, 211x194) Image search: [Google]
wtfug.jpg
9 KB, 211x194
>>82753404
>>
>>82744877
I thought gorillas had necks
>>
>>82751485
This. Safest option
>>
Because a black African calling himself man ape isn't racist.
>>
>>82753478
Isn't it redundant?
I thought men were all part of the great apes line, so it'd be like a cat calling himself Cat Feline
>>
I really don't get why Marvel keeps using this character when people are gonna make so many racist connotations about a black guy in a gorilla suit.
>>
>>82751374
Womanman and Manwoman
>>
>>82753695
Because the character isn't racist. Why would you tailor your story for people who are only making ignorant assumptions
>>
>>82753695
When was the last time they used him?
Hudlin's BP run? Wherein he was passively treated like the joke he is?
>>
>>82753710
I know he's not racist, but if they put him in a film, most people would think that.
>>
>>82753736
Just tie a gorilla pelt round his head & shoulders like a cape & cowl then.
Wakandan religion is based around animal worship. There's a cult for everything. It's not like he wears the suit for the sake of it. Establish that and it's all fine.
>>
>>82748643
>*geek culture oriented comics are dumb

Fixed it for you.
>>
>>82753723

He died in that, but then made two subsequent cameos, so I guess his followers or deity or something resurrected him.
>>
>>82753695
because marvel is/was racist?

superheroine shoots very strong strings from fingers? lets make her asian and name her silk

superheroine with luck based powers? lets make her irish and name her shamrock
>>
Ask Roy Thomas
>>
>>82755197
Shamrock was actually more like Superheroine from Ireland? Let's give her luck based powers and make her brother a car bomber. Contest of Champions invented several heroes from countries that were super generic. The only one I remember other than Shamrock was the Jewish girl who had a jewfro and a star of david shield.
>>
>>82756097
Her shield should have been a nazi symbol
What's better for jews to hide behind than holocaust reminders?
>>
>>82753695
I am OP. I love the idea of the character. His name is also corny as fuck and an easy target to ridicule those involved in his creation... what can you do about it?

It's just, they could have played on a symbolic dark vs light/ black vs white theme with him and the Black Panther.
>>
File: wg.jpg (74 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
wg.jpg
74 KB, 500x680
>>82744877
Why not?
>>
Crackarangutang
>>
>>82756291
>I love the idea of the character
He's just the first of the Wakandan tribal niggers who don't like technology and progress and shit and just want everyone to go jacking off back in their mudhuts.

This is basically every single Wakandan villain, I'm not even joking
>>
>>82756291
That's what White Wolf's for anon.
>>
>>82750003
That's wrong, you retard.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.