[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it break the third movie curse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
Does it break the third movie curse?
>>
Hell yea nigga. This trilogy was a success. Don't know how they did it.
>>
>>82443574
Even if it did, who cares? Captain America 1 sucked.

It's still 2 out of 3 either way.
>>
>>82443617
Captain American 1 was a good origin story. It wasn't bad, but we sure as hell seen some better first movies.
>>
>>82443574
Try tricked the curse by making it confused if it was Avengers 2.5, Antman 1.5, Spiderman 0.5, Iron Man 3.5, Black Panther 0.5, Thunderbolts 0.5, or actually Cap 3
>>
>>82443617
Cap 1 was pretty solid.

Iron Man 3 was also pretty good too.

Thor Ragnarock will be the best of the Thor films. Damning with faint praise I know.

Infinity War should be the best Avengers if they don't fuck up Thanos.
>>
>>82443705

damn, you're right...
>>
>>82443705
There was nowhere near enough Ant-man to be 1.5, the rest stands but they succeeded at all of them.
>>
I like cap 1 better than cap 2. Anyone else with me?

You could not ask for a better red skull.
>>
File: 1380727243933.jpg (176 KB, 618x950) Image search: [Google]
1380727243933.jpg
176 KB, 618x950
>First Avenger was good
>Winter Soldier was great
>Civil War was amazing

Fucking nailed it.

When were you when Captain America became the first superhero to have a live action trilogy full of nothing but good movies?
>>
>>82443753
Infinity war will be directed by Whedon. We've already seen him try his hand at another Avengers movie and it sucked, he can't keep the pacing for shit with that many characters and any action scene he makes turns into a cheesy quipfest. People were skeptical Civil War could work and then the Russos came and fucking nailed it, one of the best movies in the MCU so far while having even more characters than Age of Ultron.

And the quips and cheesy shit were also on his previous work, mind you. Whedon will ruin Infinity War.
>>
File: 1433165389059.jpg (54 KB, 640x718) Image search: [Google]
1433165389059.jpg
54 KB, 640x718
>>82443705
amazing
>>
It's hardly a trilogy since it had several other films to flesh the character out. The films don't even take place in a sequence that has a arc because development happens outside of the three.
>>
>>82443574
There better be a cap sex scene or else I'm dropping this
>>
>>82443875
Being this retarded
>>
>>82443861

I prefer Cap 2, but Cap 1 is super underrated. If it came out today in the midst of the superhero movie hype people would rate it much higher.

Also, fuck anyone who doesn't like a movie with this in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i574Em3IrI
>>
>>82443913
He had one with Tony
>>
>>82443914
How so?
>>
>>82443911

What are you talking about? Cap's character arc is extremely consistent across his films. Stop nitpicking. He gets little to no character development in the Avengers films.
>>
>>82443574
Just watched it. I had high expectations and was still impressed. They weren't lying when they called it the darkest MCU movie. Kudos to the Russos. The last part of the movie was just beautiful.
That's all I can say without spoiling.
>>
>>82443875
Whedon is out, you dip. The Russos are directing Infinity War. We've known this for like a year.
>>
>>82443617
The first half of Cap 1 is to this date my favorite piece of the MCU, the musical number alone is good enough to carry the entire movie for me.

Shame about it breaking both shinbones when trying to stick to landing on the second part.
>>
>>82443993

>BvS flops
>Poeple blame it on Disney bribing RT
>RT is a company owned by Warner Brothers

Why can't you guys just stop being bitter?
>>
>>82444001
Thank god then, managed to not hear about this.
>>
>>82443993
>>>/snyder/
>>
>>82444004

The second part really wasn't bad imo. I mean it wasn't as good as the first part (which I count as being up until he saves the soldiers from the HYDRA base) but I don't know why people pan it so much.
>>
>>82444019
I said it was a bribe, not an order.
Anyone can bribe anyone
>>
>>82443819
It does have a significant part of Ant-Man's evolution towards the next movie in the establishing of Giant-Man.
>>
>>82443993
I saw it and it was pretty good.
Something else than expected, but only because I had the common formular of two good guys fighting each other in mind.
>>
>>82444072
So why didn't WB bribe RT?
>>
>>82443993
but i saw it and thought it was really good
>>
>>82444121
They're got integrity.
Unlike Disney
>>
>>82444148
And you say this is more likely than people just liking Civil War
>>
>>82444148
>They are got integrity
Now I understand what it's being dealt with here.
>>
>>82444148

This is pretty pathetic, anon. Come on, man, just pack it in and go rewatch Man of Steel.

>>82443861

The First Avenger will always be the most severely underrated MCU film imo. Forget Incredible Hulk and even Ant-Man -- The First Avenger doesn't get nearly as much praise and love as I've always felt it deserved.
>>
File: 1363218588772.jpg (12 KB, 126x114) Image search: [Google]
1363218588772.jpg
12 KB, 126x114
>>82444148
>>
>>82444197
Does anyone consider Incredible Hulk to be underrated? I've always felt it got exactly what it deserves: Oblivion.
>>
>>82444148
>Integrity
>WB
You realize they're well known in the industry as being one of the scummiest companies? I'm not saying Disney's innocent, but you have to be an incredible moron to think WB has any shred of integrity.
>>
>>82444148
LOOOOL

WB hasn't had integrity for some time now. We're talking about a billion dollars being on the line. You know damn well they'd bribe if they can.
>>
File: 1460592246852.jpg (159 KB, 1024x546) Image search: [Google]
1460592246852.jpg
159 KB, 1024x546
>>82444148
This is literally you.
>>
>>82443617
I disagree. Cap 1 was great.

What's up with all these faggots trying to diss based America?

Cap 1 is great.
Cap 2 is GOAT.
Cap 3 is awesome.
>>
>>82443705
This is pretty correct. There were so much shit in this movie and somehow they managed to not fuck it up.
>>
>>82444313
I have never seem someone struggle so hard to appear smart in my entire life.
>>
File: 1234565463.jpg (37 KB, 788x685) Image search: [Google]
1234565463.jpg
37 KB, 788x685
>tfw Capfag
Feels great lads, I couldn't ask for a better trilogy for my favorite character.
>>
>>82443993
I saw the movie and it's great. If you can't see that maybe you have shit taste?
>>
>>82443705
Kek, that actually true.
>>
File: bardsbait.png (6 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
bardsbait.png
6 KB, 478x373
>>82444148
>>
>>82443873
I thought The Dark Knight Rises was pretty good. It was the weakest of the trilogy, of course, but it was still better than most MCU films.
>>
>>82444433
The ending of the final confrontation made my dick rock hard, to be honesto, familia.
>>
>>82444488
Yeah I also think that the Batman Nolangy is great.

We got a bad vibe from that third movie because you know, meme-magicks.
>>
>>82443933
I loved Cap 2. Haven't seen Cap 3 yet. Cap 1 was super fucking boring.. EXCEPT for this sequence. I'm a huge musical buff, and Alan Menken is one of the best composers out there. This sequence was worth the price of admission. His song in Sausage Party will be too.
>>
>>82444433

>Captain America has the best trilogy in the MCU.

This is like if DC made a cinematic universe and they got their best trilogy from Aquaman. Who could have seen this coming? It's great.
>>
>>82444488
Dude. I fucking love BB and TDK, but Rises was a hot steaming turd.

I don't know what happened to Nolan with that movie. Did he not want to make it or something? The dip in quality is so weird.
>>
>>82443574
Anyone else surprised at how light it was on the jokes during the beginning? The first big laugh in my teather came around only when Bucky and Sam were broing it up and approving of Steve's kiss, then ANTS showed up and it was all laffs.
>>
>>82444550
>Captain America is the equivalent to Aquaman popularity-wise.
How can you possibly think this is accurate?
>>
>>82444004
>the musical number alone is good enough to carry the entire movie for me.
This guy get its.
>>
>>82444529
>We got a bad vibe from that third movie because you know, meme-magicks.
It's still weird to me that Bane acts like a weirdo for the entire movie, and the one guy who's just as weird as he is gets killed off immediately without revealing any connection to Bane. I assumed they were family members or someshit.
>>
>>82444564
Not really, TWS was also light on the jokes. Markus&McFeely, unlike Whedon, know how to write these characters. Cap, Bucky, Widow are more serious characters who don't joke much, while Ant-Man and Spider-Man are characters that make jokes and should be funnier.

They also know how to write Tony Stark and not make him a constant quipping machine. Whedon just writes everyone pretty much the same, constantly joking and making quips. Good writers know how to handle characters with different personalities.
>>
>>82444370
Hey man people just have different opinions and shit. Maybe you just gotta grow up and learn to accept that fact, faggot.
>>
>>82444433
Nobody wanted to see Cap 1 with me five years ago. Saw it myself. None of my friends liked or understood him until Cap 2. Does feel good.
>>
I'm worried Civil War will have the TDKR effect where people love it at first but then a year or so later everybody is unanimously shitting on it.
>>
File: talia_dies.gif (1000 KB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
talia_dies.gif
1000 KB, 500x207
>>82444488
Rises is pretty terrible.
Nolan&Co. just stopped giving a shit.
The dialogue is terrible all around (I see you've come back to your city to die. No I've come back to stop you) and the plot is questionable in so many places.

The biggest problem was that Batman was just so out of character.
For starts, he's completely fooled by two of his employees. I get that Nolan Batman isn't the greatest detective, but come on. Twice?
And the end sequence with Bane. Batman just goes totally apeshit. Like it's not even remotely heroic or anything. He's just wailing on Bane, who is curled in a ball crying, while Batman continues to scream a question he doesn't even allow an answer for. It was the type of moment where another character should have pulled him off going "Wow dude, calm down".

And then he has childhood trauma cured by good pussy.
>>
>>82444553
>I don't know what happened to Nolan with that movie.
Might have something to do with Ledger being kill and having to asspull a villian origin story on the final movie.
>>
>>82444004
I kind of wished they expanded more on the WWII Marvel universe lore or fuck I just want more Cap and Howling Commandos adventures in WWII.

Evans still looks young and he's willing to do more Marvel stuff, they can have him do a miniseries in Netflix that have Cap adventures in WWII.

Or do a short animated series on Netflix, I'll take anything.
>>
>>82444700
Why do you think that? Honest question. I can't see anything connecting the two other than the fact that both are third entries in a series, and even then, I remember A LOT of immediate backlash to TDKR.
>>
>>82444657
Even though BB and TDKR are kinda of meh, TDK more than compensates for them.

Maybe it didn't break the 3rd movie curse, but it's a decent trilogy nonetheless.
>>
>>82444618

Going in to the MCU Captain America was viewed with the same kind of "nobody could ever take this character seriously" mockery by casuals as Aquaman.

To casuals who were completely unaware of modern Cap, Captain America was a jingoistic and severely outdated propaganda character best known for slapping japs and selling war bonds.

There was nothing cool about him in a casual's eyes: he didn't have the whole Jekyll and Hyde thing the Hulk has or the modernity of Iron Man. He was just a deforsted popsicle with a cheesy gimmick.

And the filmmakers knew that going in. That's why they did that whole tongue in cheek "Star-Spangled Man" thing and why they poked so much fun at him before pulling it all away and saying "Hol' up, motherfuckers, THIS is Captain America."

Winter Soldier went one step further by saying "Outdated my ass" and showing them that Captain America is a total badass whose values are still fully relevant in a modern setting.

Despite how he's viewed now, Captain America was kind of a joke before these movies. That's why it's such an achievement that they've managed to boost him into such popularity and widespread appeal. It really would be the equivalent of taking a character like Aquaman, who is universally looked down on and mocked by casuals, and showing them that he's a total badass with his own trilogy.
>>
>>82444691
Cap 1 was the movie that introduced me to the MCU, I found it weird how people were ignoring it on the internet after I saw it. Thought it was pretty great, Cap's character stood out to me in that movie.

"Whatever happens tomorrow, you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are...not a perfect soldier, but a good man." I still think it has one of the best scripts in the MCU, lots of good lines like this that are great for Cap's characterization.
>>
>>82444700
I watched the movie it's nothing like the TDKR. Go see without fear, dear Anon. The movie is great.
>>
>>82444700
>I'm worried Civil War will have the TDKR effect
Dude, people were mocking TDKR since the beginning.
It wasn't like some fire rose up over time and crashed any sort of positive opinion left.
It was very sudden and very painfully obvious that TDKR was only fit for memes.
>>
>>82444791
Right, casuals. I always forget, sorry.
>>
>>82444805
Yeah, Captain America 1 is one of my favorites too.

>that jump on the grenade scene
>that musical part
>that Freedom
>>
>>82444810
>some fire rose up
>crashed any sort of positive opinion left
>very painfully obvious
4uuuu
>>
>>82444810
I think you might be being a little bit of a hotheat with that statement, but then again, I always had a lot of loyalty for a DC fanboy.
>>
File: ohyous.jpg (83 KB, 605x532) Image search: [Google]
ohyous.jpg
83 KB, 605x532
>>82444810
>>
>>82443574
Nope. If anything, it plays it straight.
>>
Once the Russo Brothers came on for Infinity War, Civil War became their Empire Strikes Back. I can't imagine the first part of Infinity War is going to much more then a direct sequel to Civil War with the plot based around Tony and Cap putting the band back together.
>>
File: 1375805685732.png (98 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1375805685732.png
98 KB, 625x626
>>82444148
>>
>>82444658
>Markus&McFeely, unlike Whedon, know how to write these characters. Cap, Bucky, Widow are more serious characters who don't joke much, while Ant-Man and Spider-Man are characters that make jokes and should be funnier.
The best jokes Whedon wrote for Cap were totally in-character, though. "I understood that reference" and "language." Of course, the "I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that" line was pretty forced.
>>
>>82444810
I didn't hated it going out, but I could tell by miles it was the worst of the bunch.
>>
>>82445026
It will be.

>For some clue as to what the different movies could entail (outside of probably Thanos, the Infinity Gems, and all the Avengers), the Russos pointed to the past. That Infinity War will continue a story they’ve been working on for some time. “For us there’s a through line from Winter Soldier, through Civil War, right to Infinity War,” said Anthony Russo. “In our mind, the storytelling arc moves that way.”

>“There’s an overarching story that’s going to be told through all four films,” added Joe Russo. “And I think having the amount of characters we have in [Civil War] certainly prepares us to deal with probably triple the amount of characters in Infinity War.”
>>
>>82444717
>And the end sequence with Bane. Batman just goes totally apeshit. Like it's not even remotely heroic or anything. He's just wailing on Bane, who is curled in a ball crying, while Batman continues to scream a question he doesn't even allow an answer for. It was the type of moment where another character should have pulled him off going "Wow dude, calm down".
Being tortured does that to you.
>>
>>82445083
C'mon, the "There's only one god ma'am" was spot on.

By the way, is he protestant? Catholic?

I mean, this thing about him being the reflection of America would assume he was a protestant, but he IS the son of Irish immigrants in Brooklyn, that sounds catholic.
>>
>>82444550
>This is like if DC made a cinematic universe and they got their best trilogy from Aquaman

But Captain America isn't Marvel's Aquaman. I always seen him as Marvel's Superman up until Spiderman came along.
>>
>>82444025
How does it feel to learn that for the first time this late in the game?

Bet it feels gud, mane.
>>
Captain America: The First Avenger has become great in the context of the trilogy. When you know what becomes of the character, the movie is fucking great.

Similar to how The Dark Knight Rises turned The Dark Knight from greatest capefilm of all time into "one of the better Batman films".
>>
It's been awhile since I've seen The First Avenger. I doubt he's brought up in Civil War, but can someone remind me what the MCU's origin for Red Skull was?

>>82444885
>I always had a lot of loyalty for a
hue
>>
>>82443574
>remember when it used to be the 2nd movie that sucked?
>>
>>82445198
When was that?
>>
>>82445195
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdgrOdVBjBU
The origin story is in this scene.
>>
>>82445195
Experimented upon to create a super soldier.
He was proto steve except he went even more nuts and the serum disfigured him because that is what is inside him, uglyness.
>>
>>82443617

The first Avenger is fucking amazing, so shut up.

An excellent origin, the perfect amount of camp, and the resolution of the third act is one of the strongest of the MCU.

The only bad thing is that we didn't spend enough time in that period.
>>
>>82445148
>C'mon, the "There's only one god ma'am" was spot on.
No, that line made sense. But he followed it up with a quip. Any comedy in Captain America should come from him being a good Samaritan/boy scout interacting with (relatively) normal people.

And speaking of Catholicism, I wonder what the MCU's Pope makes of the existence of aliens and Norse Gods. I've been waiting for them to go into that. There's no way a revelation like that wouldn't have an affect on religion.
>>
>>82444691
No is your turn to become a /co/ntrarian faggot and call out your friends for liking him now.
>>
>>82445242
>serum disfigured him because that is what is inside him, uglyness.
The serum magnifies what's already inside you? Is it Mask logic? Why was Bruce so angry?
>>
>>82445178
I think the retrospective love for CA:TFA comes from how inextricably tied it is to CA:TWS. Knowing what becomes of Bucky and Peggy gives real emotional weight to those relationships in TFA. I haven't seen CW yet, but I can only assume that it will make TFA rank even better after some time passes because of the added context it will give to Steve and Howard's relationship.

I've bumped TFA up into my top 5 or 6 of the MCU, leapfrogging movies I used to prefer over it. The Russos have turned it from a pretty good film into a solidly good/great one, whether they meant to or not.
>>
>>82445159
He is Marvel's Superman in the sense of being the big good.

It's like, there's no single Marvel's Batman. DD is the night urban vigilante part, but Iron Man is the billionaire hero Batman part. Cyclops is the always prepared Batman part, etc.
>>
>>82445316
>>82444691
Nooo... don't do it. Don't turn to the darkside.
>>
>>82443911

Eh, not really. The amount of character development dependant on Avengers is small, and the Russos take moments to reestablish those threads in their own.
>>
>>82443574
I think it does man, i think we finally have a true great comic hero movie trilogy.
>>
>>82445262
He'd probably meet with Thor and shoot the shit.
>>
>>82445178
Seriously. Cap 1 used to be my least favorite MCU film but looking back, it's honestly really good. So different from the other phase 1 films. Maybe I'm just getting older and my tastes are changing. Maybe it really is because of the sequels.
>>
>>82445159

You're saying this from the standpoint of someone who reads comics and not from someone who knows Captain America as that guy from the 40s who spouts corny speeches and punches racist caricatures to sell war bonds.
>>
>>82445262
>"Well if Thor is real that must mean our religion is real as well. Or else, we will have to MAKE IT REAL. Get me everything we have on the Tesseract."
>>
>>82445326
Bruce makes sense when you consider that the only other guy to take the serum became a giant psychopathic lizard whereas Bruce just became green
>>
>>82445340
Yea his attitude and overall courageous and shit always gave me a Superman feel.

Anytime I'd look at the Marvel universe I'd see him in the front row. He was also the head of the Avengers one of Marvel's signature teams. That's why I always got the implication he was suppose to be Marvel's forerunner.
>>
>>82445373
I loved it from the start, Cap is one of my favorites and I love movies set in WW2, but yeah it does get better after you see TWS.
>>
>>82445326
Guys.
What do you think the serum would've done with Tony?
>>
>>82445340
Black Panter somehow made the transition from "I want to have revenge" to "Revenge is going to poison me" far better than Batman did in BvS.

No Marthas where harmed during the production of Civil War.
>>
Daily reminder that Gotg is set on the same fate
>>
>>82445375
>You're saying this from the standpoint of someone who reads comics and not from someone who knows Captain America as that guy from the 40s who spouts corny speeches and punches racist caricatures to sell war bonds.

I mean, talking to my mom, she always thought he was just some handsome strong military type.
>>
I miss this theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrXwAeJ87Bk
>>
>>82444433

The character is so fucking solid all thorough.

CW really does nail that the kid we saw in that alley in TFA is still there.
>>
File: Chris-Evans-Avengers-02222016.jpg (112 KB, 740x493) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Evans-Avengers-02222016.jpg
112 KB, 740x493
>>82445148
>C'mon, the "There's only one god ma'am" was spot on.
The problem with the line is that it immediately makes me recall what he was wearing when he gave it. If he was still dressed like that in Civil War I'd complain if Iron Man hadn't killed him by the halfway point.
>>
>>82445441
Yeah. AND he actually was facing his father's killer. Just imagine if either Supes or Lex had killed his parents.

Seriously, B v S Bats is a straight up supervillain pansy.
>>
>>82445423
Killed him on the spot.
>>
>>82445332
It probably helped that Cap has had the same writer for the entire trilogy
>>
>>82445482
I have a bud who says that is the greatest Cap costume.. jeez.

I think Civil War's might be mine, but I am partial to the brown jacket in First Avenger.
>>
>>82444488

I like it a lot. Not MUH BATMAN, but it is a nice ending to the character.staeted in begins. Could use better coreograpgy, though. And don't call Blake literally Robin.

Still, Cap's trilogy blows Nolan's out of the water in my opinion.
>>
>>82444313
Man, I am mad. More serious and dark capeshit movies CAN work, it's juts they trusted to fucking Zack Snyder.
>>
>>82445423
In addition to being superhuman, it would have amplified his self-hate and paranoia. He would be a villain by virtue of his distrust for everyone and every organization/institution. He'd either go into seclusion in an extremely fortified and weaponized base, or he would wage a one-man war on every government.

In a perfect world, it would make him Gregory Stark, though. But we know it wouldn't go that way.
>>
I feel like Cap works so well in the MCU not only because of the directors, but because they have a great casting with Chris Evans and especially because he got writers that love the character and understand him. The fact that Markus&McFeely wrote all 3 movies assures a sort of consistency to his character.

>Christopher Markus: We enjoy him because he's different than say, a modern...most modern antiheroes. In the Marvel universe you have Tony Stark, which is this kind of dark, pretty screwed up character and he tries to overcome all that. Cap doesn't have to overcome that, he just has to remind the people...he has to show the rest of the world what they've lost. He changes the world to suit him, he doesn't change himself to suit the world. He's always faced with that question "Do I belong here?".
>>
>>82445571
On Hawkeye, it would make him Daddyhawk, the All father.
>>
>>82445262
>No, that line made sense. But he followed it up with a quip.

I think we're using the term "quip" a little too liberally. That whole line is worth a smile and sounds like it's lifted straight out of a comic panel. It's not overtly funny. It's just Cap being a good ol' all American kid from New York.
>>
>>82443705
I liked the movie, but I felt like the Cap himself was the weakest link, especially after watching TWS.
>>
>>82445423
He would inflate until he became a balloon to represent his ego.
>>
>>82445423
He would be very drunk, for a start.
>>
>>82445482
Holy Christ this costume didn't age well.

It never looked great to begin with but now with the context of the later movies' costumes, it looks like something a clown shit out. What were they thinking?
>>
>>82443574
Most definitely.

Cap's trilogy is actually a rising star of goodness, getting better as it goes along.
>>
>>82445618
He would become so egocentric that he would collapse in a black hole.
>>
>>82445618
Can you imagine? The Russo's managed to balance all those fucking characters and come out with a great film. I'm going to see it again on American release when I visit my GF. I loved Iron Man in this for some reason. Also Black Panther was nice too. Got me pumped for his solo.
>>
>>82444313
I thought the Granny's Peach Tea thing was clever and even I know this guy is delusional
>>
>>82445674
Stark hasn't been this good since the first Iron Man. They really nailed his character in this movie.
>>
File: giphy.gif (988 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
988 KB, 500x281
>>82445602
SSS Hawkeye would be brutal. He would have to be careful not to accidentally do pic related every time he fires an arrow when going for a non lethal shot.
>>
File: God.jpg (150 KB, 1204x900) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
150 KB, 1204x900
>>82445604
"I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that"

What, in blue, with a red cape and a beard?
Steve might want to get into Church more often.
>>
File: 1459474872747.png (30 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1459474872747.png
30 KB, 493x402
>>82443617
>The First Avenger sucked

When will this meme end?
>>
>ywn see a funny Giant Man training montage

It hurts
>>
>>82445083

Language is arguble. I think its funny, And Cap's reaction to the slip is genuine all thorough.

Though I think Whedon plays it up to much and overstays its welcome.

Really, the joke should've only been commented on by Tony twice, and then later by Fury as callback.

But Whedon instead has a callback by other characters in between.
>>
File: Thor5.jpg (110 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
Thor5.jpg
110 KB, 1200x799
>>82445751
God and Thor have the exact same color scheme.
>>
>>82443940
Really rough sex
>>
File: saltcrystals.jpg (96 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
saltcrystals.jpg
96 KB, 600x450
>>82445767
>When will this meme end?

When WB produces a cape film with a good critical reception post-Nolan and the salt levels diminish.
>>
>>82445780
POTTERY
>>
>>82445326

It's how Erskine describes its effects. Nobody knows if all the failed attempts ate relicating it have the same side effect, because only one characrer ever got the real thing.
>>
File: 1435506805181.jpg (131 KB, 1046x769) Image search: [Google]
1435506805181.jpg
131 KB, 1046x769
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uEMl2BtcqQ
>>
>>82445423
Give the serum to the following characters and you'll have unstoppable gods:
Spidey
Clint
T'Challa

Give it to these and you'll have something good, but less than Cap:
Sam
Paul

Give it to any of these, and you'll create a monster:
Tony
Rhodey
Wanda
Natasha
Matt Murdock
Jessica Jones
FRANK
>>
>>82445373

Its always been my favourite Phase 1 solo movie.

But I love WW2 period pieces and the old school sci fi that populates it.
>>
>>82445456

Is this before or after the movies?

Because she would be the exception. Most people did not take Captain America seriously before the movies.
>>
>>82445733
Your strength doesn't actually decide the force of the arrows you loose, the draw-strength of the bow does that.

Ashitaka took people's arms off with his shortbow because DEMON MAGIC.
>>
>>82445902
What happens if you give it to Thor?
>>
File: 1461903549858.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1461903549858.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>>82444148
>>
>>82445945
I just figured a Superhuman Archer could use a Superhuman bow.
>>
>>82445946
You get a Superman without weaknesses to Kryptonite, red sunlight, or magic. Or you get a Sentry without the psychological issues. Either way, completely OP.
>>
>>82445952
Goddamnit this gif is making me hungry.
>>
>>82445602

I need to see that.
>>
>>82445946
He drinks the vial and asks for another.
>>
>>82445976
Oh yeah, sure.

I'm surprised we don't see Hercules do this more often in the comics, actually, since he was famed for his archery. Speaking of, I'd watch the shit out of a Hercules/Cho movie.

>yfw they can use the Disney's Hercules music because Disney
>>
>>82445902
When you say Paul, did you mean Scott Lang? What if I gave it to Kat Dennings? How big can she get?
>>
>>82445976
Hawkeye's bow is already pretty damn impossible to draw for just anyone, even fit people.
>>
>>82446075
Haha whoops yeah I love me some Rudd too much. Meant to say Scott. Give it to Kat Dennings and she becomes one perfect sphere.
>>
>>82444874
16u?
>>
>>82446042
>Hercules doesn't actually like being compared to his Disney version.

>"Hera and Dad where never that good, it's a coverup!"

Who could be a good Hercules?
>>
>>82445573
Now i want these guys to write a superman movie.
>>
>>82446004
Btw is anyone else cool with the fact that delivering rousing stop-your-bullshit-act-like-a-hero speeches is Hawkeye's thing now in the MCU?
>>
>>82446144
Joe Manganiello, if he didn't have the damn surfer bro accent.
>>
>>82446144
>Inb4 there's nothing that says Hercules can't be black.
>>
>>82446166

I'm fine with it. I really like the character he is becoming since Avengers.
>>
>>82446166
I love how much he's daddying. He doesn't have powers or a suit, so he knows not to take them for granted or squander them. exactly why the serum would make him just as good as Cap.
>>
>>82445767
It's not a meme, just a fact.
>>
>>82443574
No, its a good Avengers movie but a terrible Captain America sequel to TWS.

AS shit as it is, SM3 still reigns supreme on third parts.
>>
>>82446184
Fuck you.
Stop oppressing greek minorities in film SJW.
>>
>>82446218
If you want a Greek Herc, Jason Mantzoukas, ya ding dongs!
>>
File: 1363626373091.png (198 KB, 441x435) Image search: [Google]
1363626373091.png
198 KB, 441x435
>>82446212
>>
>>82446206
Exactly. Clint's always been the guy who could be Cap but doesn't really want to be in the comics. I like that there's some of that in the MCU.

>>82446206
Even with the small time, he had a pretty good presence. I also loved the small nod at Ronin. Wonder if we'll see him pull katanas or nunchakus at some point.
>>
>>82445373
Iron-man is the most popular marvel hero, but if someone had told me in 2010 that Captain America would have had the best of the MCU, I would have never believed him.

And Chris Evans is almost as popular as RDJ now. I like his Cap ( and i'm not even American), people love his Cap. It must really be a good time to be Captain America fans.
>>
>>82445939
>Is this before or after the movies?
Before, but that's when I was showing her pictures of him saluting and shit. He looks very patriotic.
>>
>>82446402
>Iron-man is the most popular marvel hero,

Actually, Captain America is, at least on social media.

http://www.ibtimes.com/avengers-age-ultron-numbers-reveals-captain-america-most-popular-hero-latest-marvel-1909294
>>
>>82446470
Well, well, Hulk to... I would give an opportunity for a single movie at Ruffalo and his Hulk.
I would like the intelligent Hulk, although for him tmust be a pain in the ass play constantly with the cg harness on the face. During the Secret Wars, and Thanos saga, Banner was perfectly able to control himself. It may be a reference.
>>
>>82446710
A solo Hulk movie can't happen because Marvel doesn't own the rights to a solo Hulk movie.
>>
>>82446741
Ah... Then I hope that Hulk join the Ragnarok.
>>
>>82446850
I think Ragnarok is basically the compromise to get a Planet Hulk movie made without it actually being Planet Hulk.
>>
Final viral bullshit videos before the movie comes out for amerifags
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DgGY_snj-I
minor movie spoilers in this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Wou74TE7A
>>
>>82446402
>I like his Cap ( and i'm not even American)

He represents what America strives to be. Or at least what America should strive to be.
>>
>>82447002
Well I like this Captain and I am not even American.
>>
>>82447473
That's what I responded to anon. I'm just glad America has an unironically patriotic hero that most people in the world seem to love. That's cool to me.
>>
>>82443617
>Captain America 1 sucks
I just watched it in full the first time a few days ago.
I thought it was pretty solid. Don't know where this notion that it's bad came from.
It's no fucking Thor.
>>
>>82447625
Well it's just like my opinion, man.
>>
>>82447625
Fuck you I loved Thor
>>
How does Civil War rank among the rest of the MCU?
>>
>>82444810
look, man, I enjoyed baneposting for the better part of 3 years. but one of these days, I'm going to take that leap of faith and prove to all you faggots why TDKRises is a great film and hating on it is hypocritical. One of these days...
>>
>>82448557
There's no use or need. You won't convince anybody on 4chan. But the rest of the world knows it's the weakest of the trilogy but still really good.
>>
>>82447625
Thor wasn't bad though.
>>
Dafaq people on reddit were saying Red Skull makes an appearance in this. Where is he?
>>
>>82444148
>dat delusion
Wew lad
>>
>>82447893
Thanks.

It's hard being a Thor fan these days. What with WHOR, MCU is all we have.
>>
>>82448611
Maybe they were lying?
>>
File: rt.png (18 KB, 296x333) Image search: [Google]
rt.png
18 KB, 296x333
>>82444148
>>82444121
>>
>>82444488
Nah, I would disagree. If TDKR was even close to as good as TDK it would be GOAT capeshit trilogy, but unfortunately it was pretty mediocre imo
>>
>>82448388
It's at the top for me.
>>
>>82448611
>Believing Reddit.

Look at this faggot right here lol.
>>
>>82448388
Civil War
Winter Soldier
Ant Man
>>
>>82443617
Half of Cap1 was pretty solid. So it's more like 5 out of 6.
>>
Wait a minute... people thought Civil War was good?!
>>
>>82449184
Everyone does.
>>
>>82449184
Yes it was good,

Did you think otherwise? Please enlighten us all.
>>
My only complaint is that Zemo's plan was too convoluted, it was a pretty good movie, both Winter Soldier and Civil war were.
>>
>>82449214
Yeah I thought it sucked pretty hard.
>>
>>82443574
The movie was pretty awesome, my only problem was the Zemo changes, otherwise it was pretty cool.
>>
>>82449238
> I thought it sucked pretty hard.
Why?
>>
Cap 1 was amazing
Cap 2 was spectacular
Cap 3 was tangled web
>>
>>82449146

The climax of the third act redeems the rushedness towards the Skull/Cap confrontation (also, the fight itself was good).

I really wish someone edited the end scenes of V-day and the kids playing as cap directly to the credits. Its evident that's the correct order the director intended, before they decided to move Cap's awakening to be part of the movie instead of a stinger.
>>
>>82449146

The fight between Skull and Cap and the climax of the third act redeem the rushedness of the second half.

Hell, the denountment is amazing.

I really wish someone edited the movie so that the awakening was the Stinger, ans the movie moved from the denountment to the credits.

Its evident that's the intended order.
>>
>>82443944
Russo's are directing IW
>>
>Whatever happens tomorrow you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are. Not a perfect soldier, but a good man.
>Then finish it. 'Cause I'm with you 'til the end of the line.
>You don't deserve that! My father made that shield!
These movies gave me the feels
>>
>>82449227

Eh, its not the most convulted evil plan in the genre.

Fuck, the bullshit Joker pulled was more egregious.
>>
>>82449274
It just looked lame as hell. Had no style to speak of. Cap is an arsehole, there's maybe one good scene in the whole movie, takes itself too seriously etc.
>>
>>82449274
>Why?

it's a low quality bait. Do not give him too much credit.
>>
>>82449393
>It just looked lame as hell. Had no style to speak of.
What do you mean by this?
>Cap is an arsehole,
How so?
>there's maybe one good scene in the whole movie
Which one anon?
> takes itself too seriously
What's wrong with this?
>etc
Can you list more problems you had?
>>
>>82449397
This is why.
>>82449393
>>
File: 14620424733.png (152 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
14620424733.png
152 KB, 640x368
Why?
>>
>>82449184
You mean the comic, or the movie?

if the comic, yes, it sucks
If you went for the movie, though?

Nah, not really.
>>
File: 567760.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
567760.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
>Events of CW leave Tony broken
Superior Iron Man when?
>>
>>82449523
Because she fucked up even more than Tony. Say what you want about Stark, he's mostly just made mistakes. She straight up fucked with Tony's head resulting in said mistake and released the Hulk just to spite the Avengers.
>>
>>82449451
This is not why... This is just an incredible succession of random comments that mean nothing.

>It just looked lame as hell. Had no style to speak of.

Lame as hell? Translated into more objective terms?
>>
>>82449445
>What do you mean by this?
Everything is shot really boring, it just looks like a bunch of guys. Also the sets were all boring airports and office buildings.
>How so?
He's willing to jeopardise the existence of the Avengers just to save his buddy from Brooklyn. Doesn't care about the perfectly reasonable arguments for regulation.
>Which one anon?
One of the fights probably, the rest is just them sitting around talking about the deep THEMES.
>What's wrong with this?
Because it doesn't actually give a fuck about it's serious themes, they're just an excuse to pit the Avengers against each other.
>Can you list more problems you had?
Just that it didn't surprise me at all. Shoulda gone through with killing Cap.
>>
>>82449562
Because Tony was responsable for ruining her country in the first place.
>>
File: sasa.jpg (109 KB, 1280x764) Image search: [Google]
sasa.jpg
109 KB, 1280x764
>>82449561
>>
>>82449561
Probably never. Superior Iron Man was all about Tony as if he stopped giving a fuck and did whatever made him money or gave him a chuckle.

Tony's arc in Civil War was nothing but suffering while trying to do what he saw was the right thing.
>>
>>82449563
Translated into objective terms shit like this usually means "It takes place during the day, the symbolism isn't hamfisted and up its own ass, and nobody died."

I wish kino would get filtered to chuuni because it's the exact same thing.
>>
>>82449563
I just mean they could have stylised it a bit more. Make it feel more fantastical. The film is mainly a bunch of dudes in costumes standing around in broad daylight.
>>
>>82449623
>The film is mainly a bunch of dudes in costumes standing around in broad daylight.

I don't know why this is supposed to be bad.
>>
>>82449620
>"It takes place during the day, the symbolism isn't hamfisted and up its own ass, and nobody died."

So we are back to DCfags against the Marvelfags?
>>
File: 1456007231696.jpg (91 KB, 395x635) Image search: [Google]
1456007231696.jpg
91 KB, 395x635
>>82449569
>it just looks like a bunch of guys
>>
>>82445767
>>82443695
>>82443753
>>82445261
>>82449146

The only reason why people like Cap 1 as much as they do now is because of WS. The film received average reviews and was completely overshadowed by Thor.
>>
>>82449620

Welp you were spot on >>82449623
>>
>>82449641
It's a movie, it's supposed to look larger than life.
>>82449620
What symbolism? Where do they even try to tell the story visually?
>>
>>82449684
Thor really needs a nice movie now.
>>
>>82449665
They're superheroes. They should seem like fucking gods among men. Not a bunch of cosplayers.
>>
>>82449569
>Everything is shot really boring, it just looks like a bunch of guys.
Explain
>Also the sets were all boring airports and office buildings.
all?
>He's willing to jeopardise the existence of the Avengers just to save his buddy from Brooklyn.
Why does this make him an asshole?
>Doesn't care about the perfectly reasonable arguments for regulation.
What do you mean by doesn't care?
>One of the fights probably,
Which one?
>the rest is just them sitting around talking about the deep THEMES.
What deep themes were they talking about?
>Because it doesn't actually give a fuck about it's serious themes,
How does it not caring about being serious make it too serious?
>they're just an excuse to pit the Avengers against each other.
Why does being too serious lead to this?
>Just that it didn't surprise me at all.
Why did it not?
>Shoulda gone through with killing Cap.
Can you give reasons why they should've killed Cap?
>>
>>82445550
Bb>cap 1

Tdk>cap 2

Tdkr< cap 3

Yah math doesn't add up bruh.
>>
>>82449722
>gods among men.
The only ones that should look that way is Vision and Thor.

And to your point, that'a what any live action superhero looks like
>>
>>82449722
>They should seem like fucking gods among men
You're a retard, Marvel never was about gods among men. That's DC's thing.
>>
>>82449722
Why should Marvel try to be DC?
They are not gods, they are a guy with a serum that made him super strong, a guy with a bow, guys with armors...
The only thing close to a god is Thor, Vision or Scarlet Witch.
>>
>>82449751
>tdk>cap 2
Pfffft....
>>
>>82449579
Stark didn't fucking invade her country personally, other countries did after they got their hands on his weapons. That's like a Iraqi civilian blaming Lockheed Martin and Texas instruments for making laser guided bombs instead of the US or NATO for using them.

She and her brother just blamed him because a bomb with his name on it destroyed their homes failed to go off, but instead of blaming the country that invaded them, they blamed Stark just because they associate his name with the event and they have the emotional maturity of 10 year olds.

Stark didn't do shit. In fact, he was actively working to stop his weapons from being used.
>>
>>82449722
The shit?
No.
Thor is the only one who is a god(and oddly enough whedon goes out of his way to make him look like a boring background character and walking masturbation aid for women and queers) and maybe the hulk should make dudes shit themselves with people having celebrity shock over ironman and cap.
Everyone else should make the average person go "who are those assholes?"

The fuck are you talking about? Are you a plant or something?
>>
>>82449788
No, just Thor.
Vision is a boring gay robot and Scarlet Witch is basically the evil queen from snow white...except exceedingly powerful and fuck hot.
>>
>>82449823
>Stark didn't do shit. In fact, he was actively working to stop his weapons from being used.
Yeah, of course, when those same weapons fucked him over.
He had no trouble selling them to everyone.
>>
>>82445262
There was a comic about Thor and Catholic priest, it was good
>>
>>82449820
Joker and two face vs random ass spy agency magically growing in shield for decades.

Shield a spy agency could figure it out until it was too late. Doesn't make sense.
>>
>>82449684
I think most people genuinely enjoyed it up until the war montage. It wasn't perfect, but had some really solid moments; then there's the fucking explosion montage and the movie just nose dives into shlock. Even in theaters I remember being taken back at just how jarring the tonal shift was.

The bit where the musical leads right into Cap giving his war bond's speech to actual soldiers? And they all just blankly stare at him before getting mad, and he realizes he'd forgotten his dream of becoming a soldier? It was good stuff man.
>>
>>82448595
You're talking about something he did at the beginning and now, he's deeply ashamed of his past.
>>
>>82448611
Maybe you should just stay on Reddit.
>>
>>82449971
oh fuck, fail... it was for> >>82449908
>>
File: 1459286788522.gif (4 MB, 470x200) Image search: [Google]
1459286788522.gif
4 MB, 470x200
>>82449971
>he's deeply ashamed of his past.
Reminds me of someone.
>>
>>82450044

i hate how bad they look when trying to look so serious.
>>
>>82443933

Any movie with a hitler-punching montage is a good movie in my book.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.