[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Homestuck is over. What did you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 251
File: 1459995920047.png (133 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1459995920047.png
133 KB, 650x450
So Homestuck is over. What did you think
>>
>>81805476
meh.
>>
Acts 1-4 = great tier
Act 5 = alright tier
Act 6 = shit tier
>>
>>81805787
this
>>
>>81805476
at least hiveswap will probably be decent if hussie actually properly outlines it so we don't get this retarded-ass pacing with no conclusion shit
>>
>>81805476
I think that god has sent my calamity into a deep space from which not even in dreams could I ever imagine my escape.
>>
I thought it would be worth it in the end
It wasn't
>>
>>81805476
C'mon, we still got a thread, even if it's on Page 8. Don't wanna rile the mods.
>>
No matter what the ending was, people were gonna be disappointed.

You can make a 7 year long story come down to a satisfying ending unless that ending lasts about a year in of itself.
>>
That whole end animation was story boarded 4 years ago. I'm guessing the reason for the unsatisfying conclusion for nearly every other character (Vriska, Terezi,Davepetasprite who literally fucking disaperead, Tavrossprite, RoseJaspersprite.etc) He can work on Hiveswap the whole time now. I'm guessing the epilogue is going to be focused on all the other characters that more or less got ignored because they weren't made in time for the storyboard.
>>
I checked out for the last year and a half but still cried like a bitch.
>>
Well....

I liked the ending. Calliope and Caliborn are quite interesting parallels. They both desperately wanted to be a part of the story. Caliborn just chose to play the part of the villain, in a horribly convoluted way. Think of how little part Lord English actually got to play! He never to be 'already here' in either the Beta's or the Alpha's timeline. He tried with his various agents and his circuitous idiocy with Lil' Cal, but he never got to really be part of the story like Callie did....because he is a little fuck obsessed with being the best who can't get along with others.

So, honestly, I'm glad that twerp didn't get his final battle shown in story, it is exactly what he would have wanted.
>>
>>81806162
>No matter what the ending was, people were gonna be disappointed.
Yeah, but he didn't have to end it in a way where EVERYONE was disappointed

Saying that some people are going to be upset no matter what isn't an excuse when everyone hated the ending
>>
File: 01434.gif (13 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
01434.gif
13 KB, 650x450
I started reading in November 2015 at the recommendation of a friend. I blazed through it in 3 weeks was eagerly awaiting the end. Didn't like how the original four basically became side-characters in their own story, there was way too much focus on the trolls.

I should have seen it coming, but I was a fool
>>
>everything that ever happens to every version of you is an important part of your ultimate self... like a superceding bodyless and timeless persona that crosses the boundaries of paradox space and unlike god tiers or bubble ghosts or whatever, it really IS immortal

Most likely Terezi is just killed by Caliborn, as he promised during his time controlling mspa (before his actual masterpiece iirc, when he was using the art style of his deviantart page).

But if there is any chance for some other outcome for her, explaining her absence in the new world, I feel it has something to do with this concept - which seems similar to whatever the fuck she experienced/did in [S] Remember. I'm thinking something like, the Ultimate Reward is actually something for these 'Greater Selves', or you could just put it another way and say that part of the Ultimate Reward is being reunited into the Greater Self.

If so, things done by any particular 'sub-self' to prematurely reunite themselves, or to make that particular sub-self 'the real one', could interact with the Ultimate Reward reunion. Maybe this is what's happened to her.
>>
I think the animation thing really backfired. I know they wanted to surprise fans but with the various art styles/quality, combined with the total lack of closure or filling of plot holes or the usual callbacks you'd expect, it felt like a fan video more than canon.
>>
The ending will go down alongside the likes of Eva, PSG, Mass Effect 3, and others as one of the worst of all time.
>>
>>81805476
I'm waiting for the epilogue.
>>
>>81805476
Not worth the time

Homestuck damaged internet fandoms for generations to come and for what?
>>
File: sadcom.jpg (24 KB, 222x251) Image search: [Google]
sadcom.jpg
24 KB, 222x251
>>81806367
I started last September. I got through in like 2 weeks.
I just regret not reading it sooner dammit. I missed the peak of the fandom.
>>
>>81806592
You really, really didn't miss anything worthwhile
>>
File: SHIIIT.gif (584 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
SHIIIT.gif
584 KB, 650x450
>literally less than 30 MINUTES left before it's confirmed that Hussie abandoned us
>>
>>81805476
I thought Hussie was actually going to resolve everything.
>>
File: 1460489600348.png (620 KB, 756x598) Image search: [Google]
1460489600348.png
620 KB, 756x598
Acts 1-4 will always be magical, and act 5 will always be above average. Even if Acts 6-7, (49% of the comic) are trash, they don't drag down how much I liked the first half. I just hope when/if Hussie starts something new, he reigns his ass in and doesn't write another labyrinthine narrative that jumps the shark and becomes bloated.
>>
I got in to Homestuck due to peer pressure of a friend. And by the time I took to get up (which took around 3 months because I was loaded with work) He was no longer into it, but I was and just kept reading it for myself.
>>
File: 1455302826429.jpg (290 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455302826429.jpg
290 KB, 1280x720
I didn't really feel that much either way when I saw the ending myself (I did think there was going to be a bit more than that, though), but seeing reaction videos where you see the person's face and excitement drop like a hot rock makes me feel for them.

It's like Hussie managed to bring together a large proportion of this generation for a huge parade only to rain on it.
>>
File: ugh.png (267 KB, 568x433) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
267 KB, 568x433
>>81805787
Acts 1-4 = great tier
Act 5 = alright tier
Act 5.2 = Zahaak tier
Act 6 = Zahaak tier
>>
File: Homestucks Ending.gif (28 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
Homestucks Ending.gif
28 KB, 650x600
>>81805476
Acts 1-3: God tier
Act 4: Great
Act 5: Pretty good
Act 6A1-6A3: Meh.
Act 6A4-6A6: Garbage.
Act 7: The single worst thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

As a whole: The first half is worth reading. Once you get to Act 6 you might as well just stop, unless the epilogue manages to be fucking incredible and tie up all the loose ends that Act 6 created.
>>
>>81806361
And yet everyone didn't.
A lot of people are apparently fine with the ending.
I personally don't hate it, but I feel like he took the easiest way out that he could have. Not to mention that that epilogue he promised probably won't be out for like a year.
>>
>all the art was by other people
>conclusion resolves nothing
You can just tell Hussie ran out of steam at the end. I'm glad he tried to end it with a bang instead of a whimper, but I'm still disappointed
>>
>>81806757
I think I'm always going to remember the way the feel good vibes that were floating around last night turned into despair and rage at around 12:11. I've never seen the tone of a 4chan thread change like that.
>>
Was everyone eles expecting a massive animation like [S] Collide or [S] Game Over. To tie up all the lose ends. I'h dead honest right now there are some serious missed opportunities throughout the entire comic but especially in acts 5-7.
>>
I'm torn, on one hand I can sort of respect in a way that Hussie didn't need to go the overly expected route and just allowed these characters to escape the narrative black hole that is Caliborn and Sburbs reproductive cycle, but it still felt off.

I can appreciate the lesson that 'people don't have arcs' or that all of the narrative shit (god tier "levels", echeladders, guides basically forcing the characters to complete some arbitrary task to move on didn't matter at all. I also liked how they toyed with labels, how we label our INTERESTS and AREAS OF EXPERTISE sometimes, without realizing if we really are that (explored mostly with John/Con Air and Jake/being an adventurer). I think not giving those things credence or further purpose was excellent.

On the other hand, they didn't replace those tired ideas of growth or maturing with anything else. Ok, life isn't a video game where you progress from one level to another and gain powers and perform feats and grow linearly. But then what do you get instead? What does it really mean to grow up?

I think Homestuck failed to deliver on that and that's why people are pissed. It's a half done ending, much like a Murakami novel, it'd bound to leave you feeling a little empty and drained inside.
>>
>>81806162
>th-there was no way the ending could've been good! people wouldn't like it no matter what!
This defense is fucking cancer. The ending answered nothing, skipped the battle that was built up for years, and just gave us a "Wheee look at how happy these characters are!" end. You can't just tack on some pretty pictures of happy characters and call it an ending.
>>
File: mite.jpg (27 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
mite.jpg
27 KB, 500x384
>>81805476
As someone that's never read,watched,yet oddly,thanks to /mu/ only listened to some of the music associated with homestuck/homestuck animations,is there anything that the wikipedia entry completely ignored?

this is what I got from it

>Story starts with hero getting a copy of a game in it's beta stage
>That nigger boots it up and suddenly meteors start falling from the sky and fuck shit up
>Gets transported into the world of the game where he meets the rest of the cast
>Meets some trolls,but the trolls have feelings too so they spend an arc finding out about their motives and shit
>eventually the trolls and humans work together to defeat a big bad that is seemingly invincible
and according to the previous thread
>big bad never actually gets fought,instead everyone enters an alternate universe where the big bad isn't present and they have beaten the game and live happily ever after

did I get that right or what did I miss?
>>
>>81805476
It was a fun ride.

Everybody who hates the ending can't have actually been reading Homestuck if they expected everything to be tied off all neatly with a bow on top.
>>
>>81805787
What about Act 7?
>>
File: 1402723986779.jpg (39 KB, 498x321) Image search: [Google]
1402723986779.jpg
39 KB, 498x321
>>81806718
Hold on to tightly hope, friend. It shall carry us through.

If that fails, hold tightly to the gun so you don't fuck up and miss, that too will carry you through.
>>
so when does the game come out?
>>
>>81806895
Sums everything up pretty well, anon.
>>
What was it about Homestuck that made us care so much? Or me, at least. Was it just the right place, right time? Was it just because I found it when I was a kid and grew up with it, with the characters?

Was it the characters? The humor? The crazy, twisting, mythic plots? I feel like Homestuck affected me more than any other piece of fiction ever has, but am I just wallowing in the afterglow? Will this fade in a few weeks, months, like the other things I loved that came to an end? Or was it really different?

I don't know man. I know I'm not making much sense, but Homestuck was a huge part of my life for a while there, and now it's over, and you guys are the only people I can talk to about it.

Christ.
>>
>>81806935
What if that's not why you hate (or dislike) the ending
>>
The epilogue will fix it, right?
He's gonna make Homestuck great again, RIGHT?
>>
>>81806935
>YOU didn't read homestuck! If you expected an actual conclusion, you're just an idiot!
I didn't expect Hussie to tie everything together, but I expected him to conclude the story in a way other than "THE GOOD GUYS BEAT THE BAD GUY, THE END".
>>
The game comes out whenever Hussie and his half baked game company now can make it. Now he can work on the game full time so there's nothing stopping him from that. If i'd make a prediction I'd say Hiveswap would come out around 2017-ish or late 2016
>>
>>81806989
to be honest, the thing i liked about it most was the community. This place in particular.

Also sprawling world building gives me a huge boner
>>
>>81806935
I'd argue that anyone who's read Homestuck wouldn't expect the most straightforward happy ending that neatly puts everyone into shipping piles, either.
>>
>>81806876
>"Wheee look at how happy these characters are!" end.
that it simultaneously made damn sure to make ambiguous! Act 7 really is an accomplishment in trolling.
>>
>>81806895
More or less. There's complicated stuff with time travel and parallel universes and shit but it's not worth getting into. Most of the appeal is in the writing/humor, the plot is pure shaggy dog story.
>>
>>81806871

The reason the ending is shit is because the main plot was literally not resolved, and the fate of half the characters is completely unknown, including whether or not they exist, and many, many things which were foreshadowed or outright said to happen in the future never happened or were never shown.

We literally don't even know if lord english is dead
>>
>>81806895
Big bad gets fought offscreen and its up in the air as to who wins between him and the characters who fight him, and it's unknown if the world of the game continues to exist or not.

Other than that you've basically got the gist of it.
>>
>>81806989
It was the characters, and the ending didn't really bother to tell us anything about the characters. The ending serves to bottle up the plot and end it in a quick, cheap, easy way, but it just ignores every character.
>>
>>81806989
I feel you man, I was with MSPA since the Boss Mobster fight in Problem Sleuth and followed Homestuck since the beginning. It saw me through high school, through my parent's divorce (I remember spending an afternoon away from home during one of my parents' rows in the library watching [S] Descend over and over) and college. Now I'm moving onto the next stage of my life and it feels like I can let go, enjoy it for what it was and not feel like I need to let something else suck me in again.
>>
>>81807007
The epilogue is going to be Huss' new story about the kids life during the new earth shown in act 7
>>
>>81806895
Close.

>Cast doesn't meet up until very late, all interaction is done through chat clients
>Trolls are in another Universe that created the human Universe, until PLOT SHIT brings them together
>Big bad is fought, and poorly explained shit happens where an unexplained Deus Ex puts him into a black hole, that should actually just lead him somewhere he can easily get out of, or something, but none of it is explained, and that may not have even been how it went down, since nothing is explained
>>
if Spades Slick isn't in the epilogue we riot
>>
File: JUST.png (7 KB, 644x156) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
7 KB, 644x156
Imagine what could of been had Homestuck not turned to shit halfway through the story?
>>
>>81806895
Half right. The actual fight with the big bad isn't shown, but the superweapon that can be used specifically to defeat him had been deployed while the energy source that maintains the permanently repeating cycle of universes where he's constantly reborn is destroyed.

It's the height of irony that detractors are whipping out all kinds of literary to try and explain why the ending was shit when anyone smart enough to follow "See Spot. See Spot run." should be able to piece together the conclusion.
>>
>>81806162
But the ending did last for a year, pretty much everything after the retcon was Hussie's endgame, the problem was how little momentum he built up, the characters just hung around for hours waiting.
>>
>>81805476

Honestly, if you start from the beginning, and then skip Act 6 entirely, going from from Intermission 2 to Act 7 (or even [S] Collide), it's a pretty good and satisfying story and you won't even be all that confused at what you missed.

Act 6 is such a filler-arc train wreck that it might be completely skippable.
>>
Can any drawfriend superimpose Aradia's quote of wanting to see how everything breaks apart over a picture of her saying "... What the fuck was that??" and generally looking peeved
>>
>>81806895
>thanks to /mu/ only listened to some of the music associated with homestuck/homestuck animations
bull fucking shit
>>
>>81807148
spades is dead dude. Jack is the only one left. That is if jade took her planet with her into the new universe.
>>
>>81806718
I mean
it took a week after the ending for Problem Sleuth's epilogue to start
>>
Of the humans, Jade, Jane, and Jake got shafted the hardest. Coincidence?
>>
>>81807182
Wasn't the whole point of Rose's plan to destroy the Green Sun to show that it can't be destroyed because it already exists?
>>
>>81807031
it'll be out this year. probably fully revealed soon-ish or by E3 at the latest, released not long after that. it'll be pretty shitty, something that would garner absolutely no attention detached from the brand.
>>
>>81807182
That's not what the Green Sun does at all.
>>
>>81806989
Hussie is a really good writer in terms of characters and dialogue. Homestuck would have been a fucking autismal disaster with someone who was even 90% as skilled.
>>
>>81806989
Honestly, after some people in other threads linked me back to pesterlogs and stuff they liked in the earlier Acts, I do believe that early Homestuck is fucking brilliant. Act 1 is a bit slow, but in my opinion acts 2 through to the end of cascade are fucking fantastic, and it's hard not to fall in love with the work reading it. Although I do understand why some people thought act 5 was a step down.

Its quality really did deteriorate over time.
>>
>>81806935
I'm sorry but the "dude the comic's shit on purpose only losers care about storytelling lmao" joke stopped being funny 3 years ago
>>
>>81807238
well going by that, the homestuck epilogue will be in about three years.
>>
>>81807177
Eh. Who knows. It's hard to keep up with a comic for 7 years and the comic having a stop right down in the middle then nothing happening with no word on a update for almost a year and then expecting people to jump right into it. It more or less all started with Hiveswap drama, due to hiring some shitty dev that didn't even work on the product that they were hired to do that much. It could have been bigger.
>>
>>81806967
Ehehehehe
>>
>>81805476
Everything has gone by in a daze for the last few hours
>>
Why did Slick survive his confrontation with Snowman? That would have the perfect end for his character even if he never got any closure with Lord English. It was big and climactic, and in a great flash, Slick would of went out on a high note instead of being discarded as a loose end.
>>
>>81807182

The green sun does not perpetuate any kind of cycle

It's not even what makes lord english indestructible
>>
>>81807186
>>81807184
>>81806899
I think Homestuck ending has made everyone here in HSG so emotional we're being super nice.. Man I'll miss yall, I don't want HSG to die
>>
Went did it start to go downhill for you guys?

For me it was the introduction of the fucking God tiers.
>>
act 5 > act 3 > all > act 7

fact
>>
>>81807228
sorry anon

Detektivbyrån makes it quite often into share threads

>>81807117
>>81807089
>>81807072
>>81806981

thanks for answering Anons,maybe I'll get into it someday
>>
>>81806950
i can't pass judgment on act 7 yet since it's not complete
>>
Have you calmed down yet /hst/?
>>
File: tumblr_mh7oc8PngX1rdelj7o1_500.png (76 KB, 407x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh7oc8PngX1rdelj7o1_500.png
76 KB, 407x750
>>81807163
Yeah, I took it pretty hard. I was just going into my senior year (graduated 2015, spent all of my time on HSG as underageb& lmao) and it completely threw me off of the rails. I thought I had had problems with depression before, but jesus fucking christ. It's two years later and I'm just now pulling myself out of the hole. It was rough, man. I loved her so much. Even after we both weren't as into HS, she was always the Rose to my Dave, and always will be.

>>81807186
Thanks, man. That means a lot. Shit's looking up, I feel like I can see a horizon for the first time in a while.

>>81806895
Just read it. It's an undertaking and a lot of people are shitting on the ending, but taken as a whole it's legitimately really good.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYAkfYIBASE

REMEMBER TO BUY HIVESWAP
>>
>>81807353
I was calmed by the rage of the davekat shippers
>>
>>81807332
I don't know. I wish the same, seeing now that he really is gone.

I honestly expected him to come back, somehow, probably with the voodoo doll, but no. Just another great character that got totally discarded. I'm so angry and sad.
>>
>>81807337
"Your name is JANE CROCKER"
>>
>>81807351
anon...
>>
File: ps000026_5.gif (5 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
ps000026_5.gif
5 KB, 650x450
>>81807353
Maybe, but I'm still pretty irritated.
>>
>>81806935

He did fine with problem sleuth, why should this have been different

All he had to do was have vriska use whatever was in the box to bring all the living kids/trolls/sprites to fight LE after his sister nuke's the sun, then they do some fighty shit and they kill him with a glitch. Instead we got rainbow sperm and an ending where we don't even know if the main plot was resolved.
>>
Felt underwhelming. But I'm not particularly upset either since I've felt a lot less attached to the comic in recent years, and rarely participated in discussion so I pretty much missed out on that part of the experience until just now. It is what it is, I guess.

My brother stopped reading the comic entirely somewhere in the middle of act 6, and when I told him that the comic ended for real, he distractedly said that he'd maybe get around to finishing it sometime. He's a small sample size of 1, but that kind of indifference towards what he used to get excited for makes me feel a little hollow and think more about what could have been.
>>
>>81807376
This. Between them and the people mad that no one is canonically fat or black I can actually find a solid chunk of enjoyment from the ending. Also I hate Jade so I'm satisfied that her retarded FG powers are gone.
>>
File: tumblr_mw76teIGDP1t0sgmeo1_500.jpg (58 KB, 500x538) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw76teIGDP1t0sgmeo1_500.jpg
58 KB, 500x538
>>81806765
Just what the fuck are you implying by Zahaak tier, you string beaned little shit?
>>
File: what is 8 divided by 0.gif (646 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
what is 8 divided by 0.gif
646 KB, 500x500
>>81807344
4 = 5.1 < 3 < 2 < 5.2 =1 <<<<<<<<<<<<<< 6 <<<<<<<<<<<< Vriska comes back via retcon <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 7
>>
>>81807332
> Why did Slick survive his confrontation with Snowman?
Why did Vriska need to be retconed into the story?
>>
who was your favorite problem sleuth character?
i was always a fan of fiesta ace dick myself
>>
File: 1375884713628.jpg (95 KB, 350x372) Image search: [Google]
1375884713628.jpg
95 KB, 350x372
>>81807456
Hussie Zahaak
>>
I need fat vriska to dull the pain
>>
>>81807332
Hussie hates us. It's the only explanation. He went out of his way to shit on everything Slick stood for, and he damn well knew how beloved the character was. He was acting out and wanted to hurt us.
>>
>>81807084

JOHN: hmm, it just occurred to me...
JOHN: aside from fixing the time line, there's another benefit to my new power.
JOHN: once we all decide we're ready to fight him, i can just zap us all right to him.
JOHN: we could take him by surprise again.
JOHN: i really doubt he'd be able to handle us if we all clobbered him at once!
ROXY: thats pretty good thinkin

The kids create the new universe. At some later point, they decide to gank Lord English, leading to the events of Caliborn's Masterpiece and the beta kids getting stuck in the Juju. After the green sun is destroyed, Vriska frees the beta kids. Since LE lost his powers with the destruction of the Green Sun, Dave presumably boots him into the black hole and then John uses his retcon powers to bring everyone to the new universe with him, so they all survive.

It was all explained, just in a REALLY stupid way that left everyone confused and upset.
>>
The only time I ever remember Kanaya and Rose acting as a couple was when they actually hooked up
Then there was pre GO where it was
>Rose you are drunk and I won't really do anything about it
and post retcon where it was
>John I am gay this is my girlfriend Kanaya
Either Hussie is a fucking Hack, or this is just a shitty pairing. Either way is geting shat on in the face.
>>
>>81807489
zombie dick was better
>>
>>81807489
Fiesta AD is pretty top tier.

I'd pick him too.
>>
>>81807489
problem sleuth
>>
10 more minutes before act 8
>>
File: tumblr_o5k6nh2bwQ1s800rwo1_1280.png (605 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5k6nh2bwQ1s800rwo1_1280.png
605 KB, 1280x1600
>>
All the prophecies and foreshadowing for WV, and he just tagged along on PM's quest. She could have just tossed both rings in by herself. I guess WV gets to run the new world, Karkat got the same lousy treatment from Hussie and he didn't even get that.
>>
>>81807437
>He did fine with problem sleuth
Read the ending without the epilogue, it's almost as open and vague as HS' was. HS will be the same way. Hussie is shit at endings, until he goes back and pulls something out of his ass that ends up working pretty well.

>>81807489
Godhead Pickle Inspector, but FAD is pretty good too.
>>
>>81807472
Becuase Hussi literally wrote himself into a corner and had no proper idea or way to end the comic that way so the best way for him was to undo what he did in what felt like a semi fan fiction, And it felt like all that time I red act 5-6 was fucking pointless
>>
>>81807258
It wasn't that the sun can't be destroyed because it already exists- the bomb technically had the power to destroy it, it just also happened to be the mechanism for creating it.

>>81807268
I was simplifying for the /mu/tant.

The green sun powers the First Guardians.

The purpose of the First Guardians is to ensure the game is played, a new universe is created, and the cycle is repeated.
>>
>>81807353
Yes, now it's just a dull, throbbing pain that won't relent.
>>
>>81807489
Pickle Inspector was a cool dude, and I'd let him inspect my pickle
>>
>>81807489
It's been a while so I don't remember her name, but Problem Sleuth's female counterpart was a crazy bitch and it was great
>>
>>81807332
He needed to bring the Felt? Though they didn't do anything either.
>>
>>81807094
Collide was just "the heroes fight the villains and win because they fight better". Then Act 7 was just two stupid McGuffins working exactly as we would expect them to. I wasn't expecting anything good, but I was expecting something other than the most obvious contrived happy ending possible. Ever since the retcon, I was hoping for some sort of repercussions for the characters just magically fixing their flaws with time travel.
>>
>>81807522
> All the prophecies and foreshadowing
You can make entire comics just by tying all the loose ends here. How many prophecies was false?
>>
File: 1460524847017(2).png (556 KB, 1248x435) Image search: [Google]
1460524847017(2).png
556 KB, 1248x435
How do we know Caliborn didn't make the end?
>>
I'll miss shitposting HSG when the plorpshoots hit. What am I going to do with my quality homestuck shitposting content that I've amassed over the years? My update notifier? MY PORN?
Simply delete it and move on?
>>
>>81807489
Problue Sleuth.

Also Godhead Pickle Inspector.
>>
File: tumblr_locounuL2y1qihoy0o1_500.png (145 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_locounuL2y1qihoy0o1_500.png
145 KB, 500x389
>>81807522
>The embodiment of the law doesn't get to survive to oversee the security and stability of the new civilization.
>>
>>81807489
Is Fiesta the original Ace Dick? I think that was the one that made the hot sauce.
>>
>>81807546
Hysterical Dame
>>
>>81807576
Time to grow up buddy. We got a bright full life ahead of us now.
>>
>>81807471
I'm seeing a lot of people rate 5.1 above 5.2 these days. Has public opinion shifted in favor of Hivebent? I always liked it but I don't know if I'd rate it above 5.2.
>>
>>81807559
I get a feeling he kept Spade Slick along for the ride because he genially liked the character. And the felt along with SS got brought along because he wanted to give the rest of his characters something meaningful to do
>>
>>81807506

I heard people suggesting that she trapped him in the juju or something, but I guess that makes sense.

But again, more importantly, we never get to see that fight, which should have been the money shot of the whole damn comic. Hell, we don't even really get to see lord english come into existence, other than the shitty puppet show.

And what happens to the alpha kids then, if john isn't around to help them get home?
>>
>>81807495
>Hussie Zahaak
>Hussiez a haak
>Hussie's a hack
damn....
>>
>>81807506
This is what I've come to accept. The fact that Hussie couldn't have thrown in literally one establishing shot of the kids retconning in to face Caliborn, or ONE frame of the beta kids coming out of the sburb icon burns my ass, though. Literally two or three frames would have made the ending significantly better. It's really, really obvious that he didn't have any of the fine details in mind when he storyboarded this 4 years ago.
>>
File: sad puppy.png (382 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
sad puppy.png
382 KB, 600x800
>>81807447
>hating the cutest character
>>
>>81807576
Share it for the history.
>>
File: 1403047165568.png (313 KB, 1280x1422) Image search: [Google]
1403047165568.png
313 KB, 1280x1422
>>81807495
This image has never been more appropriate.
>>
>>81807621
I still hate Hivebent.
>>
File: 1460517105286.png (200 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1460517105286.png
200 KB, 500x384
Are you ready to let go yet?
And if not, will you be ready to let go when the epilogue is released?
>>
>>81807538
No it isn't. It's payoff after payoff in the final chapter. Literally the only thing the Epilogue does is give closure to each and every minor character, and then deliver the final payoff of escape.
>>
How shitty is Ace Dick's imagination?
>>
>>81807353
Relatively. I'm torn between whether the epilogue will resolve shit and just having to wait for it.

>>81807363
I wish the best of luck to you as well anon.

>>81807489
Pickle Inspector is one of my husbandos.

>>81807512
The ship is blatantly superficial as fuck, I doubt it'll survive for much longer.
>>
>>81805787
Acts 1 and 2: A bit slow but pretty good tier
Act 3: Great tier
Intermission: God tier
Act 4: Great tier
Act 5.1: Passable tier
Act 5.2: Great tier
Act 6 pre-retcon: Boring tier
Act 6 post-retcon: Shit tier
>>
>>81807621
5.2's still better than Hivebent. There was no tension in Hivebent because we didn't care about the characters or no what effects actions would have half the time.
>>
Act 8 dropping in a few minutes guys
r-right?
please Hussie, please
>>
File: 1440646393301.png (147 KB, 665x2048) Image search: [Google]
1440646393301.png
147 KB, 665x2048
>>81807621
5.2 was the best don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Just read this John Jade conversation. READ IT.
>>
>>81807489
Problem Sleuth was by far the best character.
>>
>>81806809
>A lot of people are apparently fine with the ending.
A lot of people have shit taste and/or just wanted it to end.
>>
>>81807572
I accept the ending as LE killed everyone and drew smut with his immortal Manga powers to celebrate.
>>
File: Caliborn's canon bulge.png (127 KB, 754x473) Image search: [Google]
Caliborn's canon bulge.png
127 KB, 754x473
:o
>>
>>81807664
i let go a year ago. this is just the flavorless topping to a melted bowl of ice cream
>>
>>81807539
But Hussie didn't need to write himself into that corner, if he had not done the Aranea plot, he could have just used (Vriska) to use the juju like she had always planned to. Better, without her around on the meteor, Hussie could have written the characters actually getting over how broken they all were by themselves instead of relying on Vriska bossing them around off screen. (Vriska) could have also grown out of her regression if he wanted to. Hussie wrote in a fucking circle solely to deprive us of character development, some of the worst writing ever.
>>
Did they destroy the green sun?
>>
>>81807628
>Hell, we don't even really get to see lord english come into existence
There's a flash where we literally see that exact thing happen. Or do you mean when Caliborn grows into LE?

Also, when does LE seal himself within Doc Scratch in the first place?
>>
>>81807685
Oh my god. Younger John and Jade are freaking adorable.
>>
File: lebuldge.png (33 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
lebuldge.png
33 KB, 800x600
>>81807699
CANON
A
N
O
N
>>
>>81807332
There was literally no reason to bring him back after Cascade. Literally none at all.
>>
>>81807337

Act 6. Starting over with new protagonists that late in the game was never going to be anything but a failure, since we just sat around waiting for them to catch up to us. Act 6 ended up being filler, but all the filler did was introduce questions that weren't planned to be answered.

Act 6 should've started with everyone entering the new session, been half as long, and dedicated to wrapping things up for Act 7.
>>
>>81807344
Acts 3-4 > Intermission > Act 2 > Act 5 > Act 1 > Act 6 > Act 7
>>
File: Davepeta stabing Jade.gif (476 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
Davepeta stabing Jade.gif
476 KB, 650x650
this thing.
>>
>>81807710
yes, Ghost Caliope sucked into the black hole. No more First Guardians in any universe now.
>>
>>81807664
If I don't let go now I never will. There's no way an epilogue can fix all the shit the comic turned into.
>>
>>81807720
>>Also, when does LE seal himself within Doc Scratch in the first place?
When Scratch was made. He was made from Lil' Cal, which had LE's soul (plus a bunch of other characters)
>>
>>81807636

No, fuck Jade, she ruined everything.

I was so glad when PM fucking decked her, bitch deserved it.
>>
BARD QUEST UPDATE
>>
File: 1365039520659.png (454 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1365039520659.png
454 KB, 500x700
>>81807666
Unbelievably shitty. If it had a face, I'd punch it.

In the face.
>>
>>81807724
If a god tier bitch dies from getting impaled by snake dick, is that Just or Heroic?
>>
http://rafe.name/niklink/homestuck-map

Somebody was postinh about the adventure map and this guy has a finished one that is better than the official map.
>>
>>81807334
I plan to ride these threads to the bitter end, anon.

>>81807337
Act 6. You can't introduce new protags that late in the game.

To be honest, though, I don't think it was past the point of no redemption until the retcon. At that point it was curtains for HS.
>>
File: 1351139977829.png (49 KB, 647x445) Image search: [Google]
1351139977829.png
49 KB, 647x445
>>81807699
Best boy right there
>>
>>81807621
I think going by some of the dialogue, twists and art, Act 5.2 is one of the best parts of the comic. Unfortunately it's really bogged down by a lot of shit happening at once and at different paces.
>>
The story got ponderous, bloated, and probably blew its load later than it should have.

much like Caliborn's murdercock >>81807724
>>
>>81807740
Isn't the green sun necessary for universes' survival?
>>
DD was my favorite.

[S] DD: Ascend more casually and the bit leading up to it were perfect.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006844
>>
>>81807685
>John's Dad and Rose's Mom are still dead
It hasn't stopped hurting.

Jane's dad is just an imposter.
>>
GUYS CHECK THE PAGE
ITS FUCKING HAPPENING
>>
>>81807522
WV, Karkat, Jake. Hussie sure loved building them up with prophecies but never giving them anything worthy of their build up.
>>
I'm glad the last thing we saw of Terezi was a group shot with her looking the completely wrong direction, at least.

Also DAD SURVIVING is actually the thing that caught me most off-guard.
>>
>>81807732
Man, it's fucking astounding to me that people are whining about characters like Karkat or Vriska got the short end when Jade exists

One of the original 4 kids and what was her character? How did she contribute? I'm so fucking pissed that nothing came of her becoming Karkat's sailormouth prodigy. She never had a character after Cascade.
>>
File: Clammington.png (690 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Clammington.png
690 KB, 1024x768
>>81807643
>>81807495
>>
So who's ready for another update tonight?
Right? RIGHT?
>>
>>81807795
BLUH
go fug urslef
>>
>>81807576
Upload it for us, please.
>>
The Trolls were the beginning of the end, the Alpha kids sealed the deal. I still like Act 5 though.
>>
i hope hussie at least draws the epilogue
>>
File: 1429752010239.jpg (71 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1429752010239.jpg
71 KB, 894x894
Reminder that with the evidence of breaking a centered God Tier Clock resulting in pure immortality that Spades Slick retroactively gave Vriska unadulterated eternal life after the retcon, meaning she's still out there somewhere.
>>
>>81807608
There is no lawbreaking in the new utopia. It's why there was no Terezi anywhere, she an heroed because it was too boring for her
>>
>>81807799
>tfw Dad Egbert is dead for good
Dad Crocker's okay too, I guess.
>>
>>81807635
>know what happened
>literally saw it happen, a year ago, in the claymation
>"he really needed to show some shots of the thing we already saw"

fucking why?
>>
>>81807817
Fuck up.
>>
File: cutest jade.gif (2 MB, 494x338) Image search: [Google]
cutest jade.gif
2 MB, 494x338
>>81807752
>came back
>for a few brief moments homestuck was entertaining again
Nah
>>
Squared Sprites meant nothing yet were introduced in the last stretch why?
>>
>>81807795
brb getting the gun
goodbye homestuck thread
may hussie and you all rot in hell
>>
>>81807817
>gif
You fucker it was exactly what i expected
>>
>>81807789
Did we ever find out how Grandad got stuffed or why Rose's Mom had a giant server farm?
>>
File: 1422730729283.gif (245 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
1422730729283.gif
245 KB, 400x200
>>81807757
>Mfw I just read that panel
>>
>>81807628

>I heard people suggesting that she trapped him in the juju or something, but I guess that makes sense.

It was six living gods and an army of ghosts against a depowered Lord English, they could've done anything they wanted.

>And what happens to the alpha kids then, if john isn't around to help them get home?

John is basically a living TARDIS, from their perspective he shows up ten seconds after the fight with Caliborn to pick them up.

Once LE is depowered, John's so OP that the answer to any dangling plot thread is simply "John fixed it easily".
>>
Jane is fucking HER OWN Dad
>>
File: 1301161477280.png (16 KB, 150x133) Image search: [Google]
1301161477280.png
16 KB, 150x133
>>81807732
Can anyone, anywhere, please tell me what the point of Jasperose and Davepeta were
Besides exposition about shit that wasn't important to the story at all, what, 100 pages before the end?
>>
>>81807770
>hates his eternal rival/sister, who is the avatar of annoying homestuck fangirls
>wants homestuck to fucking end already
>BTFOs thousands of literal fanfic universes by destroying dream bubbles
>is a handsome skeleton
>Homosuck is the funniest part of Act 6, possibly the comic

He is hands down the best character.
>>
>>81807779
No, it just existed in the furthest ring. A multi-universal anomaly
>>
File: 1424610215151.jpg (67 KB, 480x410) Image search: [Google]
1424610215151.jpg
67 KB, 480x410
>No update
Can't escape from it now.

It was real. This was the ending of Homestuck.
>>
File: 1460579427803.gif (3 MB, 303x495) Image search: [Google]
1460579427803.gif
3 MB, 303x495
>>81807759
Neither in Aradia's case, and Vriska's got LE immortality since Slick would have broken her clock.

>>81807699
What if we put Caliborn's canon bulge between Vriska's canon tits?
>>
>>81807753
I HAVE NEVER ACTUALLY READ BARD QUEST, IT WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT DIDN'T APPEAL TO ME
>>
File: 1459529456039.jpg (139 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1459529456039.jpg
139 KB, 666x666
>>81807685
>tfw Davejade might not be Canon
>>
File: 1438776378622.png (12 KB, 550x257) Image search: [Google]
1438776378622.png
12 KB, 550x257
>>81807721
Their interactions are underrated.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86cSAEsE9fQ

Let's take a trip into memory lane.
>>
>>81807817
FOR THE LAST
FUCKING
TIME

BREATH
IS
FREEDOM!!!!!!!!

STOP THIS STUPID MEME NOW!
>>
File: YOU OK.gif (15 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
YOU OK.gif
15 KB, 650x450
>>81807866
>>
File: 1317177380929.jpg (145 KB, 900x912) Image search: [Google]
1317177380929.jpg
145 KB, 900x912
>>81807759
it's an Erotic death
>>
>>81807740
>No more First Guardians in any universe now.
Well, sort of.
Remember that time flows non-linearly in the Furthest Ring. That's how bombing the Green Sun caused it to come into existence.
So the First Guardians still exist. But any existing relative to the nondefinite timeframe where the Green Sun has already been destroyed lose their powers.
>>
>>81807841
I really wanted to like Collide but just after a day, it filled me with disappointment. Christ.
>>
It could have been really emotional with John Jane and Dad running into eachother with John getting massive depression with the reminder that HIS DAD IS FUCKING DEAD AND THAT HIS GUY SHOULD BE REALLY CONFUSED AND NOT KNOW JOHN AT ALL.
>>
File: Transformation.png (7 KB, 617x101) Image search: [Google]
Transformation.png
7 KB, 617x101
>>81807780
I'm fucking pissed that he didn't get any conclusion or at least some sort of final boss.
>>
>>81805476
I thought Collide made a great ending and the last update was a nice epilogue, and I don't know why the fuck he needs to make another one.
>>
>>81807841

It was entertaining trying to see her get PM and Bec Noir to get along, then see her get the shit punched out of her because that shit doesn't fucking fly.
>>
>>81807576

You can keep the notifier a little longer, assuming the epilogue will actually be on the website and not... part of Hiveswap or something.
>>
>>81807842
So they could do something clever involving their knowledge of all timelines, understanding of the fundamental nature of Skaia, and server player console hacks to ... explain why characters don't really have arcs and have an excuse for an Undertale reference.
>>
>>81807720

>Or do you mean when Caliborn grows into LE?

Yes

Scratch implied he's turned into LE many many many times. But we never saw the point at which caliborn actually became LE other than stupid puppets
>>
>>81807852
Rose's mom worked for Skaianet

she presumably knew everything leading up to Rose's entrance
>>
>>81807915
He knows him because John is the child version of his fucking dad.
>>
File: wow.png (194 KB, 532x899) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
194 KB, 532x899
one year boys
>>
File: 88888888.jpg (104 KB, 888x888) Image search: [Google]
88888888.jpg
104 KB, 888x888
>>81807824
>>
>>81807894
>not the kind that people on the internet like to have sex with in their imagination
i'm doing it RIGHT NOW and neither of them can stop me
>>
File: PLEASEHELPME.png (309 KB, 841x1058) Image search: [Google]
PLEASEHELPME.png
309 KB, 841x1058
>>81807897
BREATH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FREEDOM YOU FUCKING IDIOT

STOP BEING RETARDED
>>
>>81807885
Bard Quest is the only thing my brother liked on MSPA. He hates everything else. It baffles me.
>>
>>81807831
In retrospect, the claymation was a really lame way to show the ultimate fate of the main heroes. At the time, it seemed that that wouldn't be their fate, and they would need to escape from the Juju to win the day.

The ending would be so much better if he had just added something as simple as clip of Lord English being defeated, or dragged into the Juju against his will, or something. Seeing it from the first person perspective like that wasn't carthartic at all, on top of being a bit ambiguous.
>>
>>81807865
>JADE: like you said, a sun presiding over many universes has to be pretty cosmically important
>JADE: who knows what terrible consequences there would be if it was destroyed
Did the horrorterrors win?
>>
>>81807824
nope
Vriska tried to manipulate the clock to not die, a lucky br8k
Slick fucked her plan up, because he smashed the clock when it was in JUST. You can't fool the Sburb.
>>
>>81807824

Breaking the clock wasn't what did it, it was eating all the glowy revival shit inside so he didn't need the clock to give it to him.

Destroying Vriska's clock prevents her from reviving at all, even in a death that's not just or heroic.
>>
File: 1460521048452.jpg (154 KB, 784x663) Image search: [Google]
1460521048452.jpg
154 KB, 784x663
So... It was no joke.

Hussie went full gainax on homestuck and said fuck it all
>>
>>81807946
nice
>>
File: 1433671460576.png (8 KB, 523x169) Image search: [Google]
1433671460576.png
8 KB, 523x169
>>81807893
The Prospit twins both love Strider and reference his jokes all the time. Have no fear.
>>
>>81807770
>implying there was even any competition
>>
>>81807910
Talking about when she first woke up and returned
We got dialogue
Actual entertaining dialogue
>>
>>81807802
You just don't understand. Hussie's grand plan for her was to sideline her completely for four years so Jade would learn she needs to "be alone," that's her character arc. And of course she didn't even earn that, Hussie just had someone explain it to her. Then she decides to take agency and accomplishes nothing but getting punched in the face and restoring the Earth which she had the ability to do for four years already.
>>
I started reading when the gnomes and weasels were introduced in Problem Sleuth.

I then met with a handful of early homestucks team and followed along for awhile, but pause after pause happened and everyone I know including myself just couldn't be assed to remember everything and we all just kinda gave up on it. I still skimmed the new pages as they came but it was out of some strange sense of obligation after all the time spent reading it rather then a desire to see where the story was going. With the beforus trolls getting introduced it was mostly a slideshow of art at that point.

I heard it ended earlier today and watched it and let it digest a bit but nah, I still can't bring myself to care again. I wanna pretend like I'm upset at the bad ending but that would be a lie as I haven't been invested in years.

I'm glad it's over though- hopefully whatever Hussie works on next can be reigned in without going overboard once again- and hopefully he can do his own damn art
>>
File: 078533.png (4 KB, 264x188) Image search: [Google]
078533.png
4 KB, 264x188
icy cold reality
>>
Who else here would have been alright with the ending if Hussie would have at least shown LE's defeat. Cutting away like that was fucking infuriating.
>>
File: 1457311200906.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457311200906.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>>81807866
>>
File: 129798546932.png (11 KB, 322x326) Image search: [Google]
129798546932.png
11 KB, 322x326
QUICK CHECK YOUR EMAILS
IT'S HERE
>>
>>81807894
>I havent gotten the hang of the woofs yet

another Aradia mirror Jade got.
>>
>>81807862

Fucking ruined Davesprite. RIP.
>>
>>81807831
Because it may not have even happened? Because "muh ambiguity that maybe makes sense if you read it a certain way" is a bullshit ending?Because "the kids retconned back from the new universe after an unspecified time, maybe" is fucking contrived, if that even is what happened? Or do you really think that this literal fanfiction is ironclad? How up your own ass do you have to be to think that two frames of animation that actually explain what the fuck happened would detract from the ending in any way?
>>
>>81807842
They were the end of rose and daves arcs
>>
>>81807720
>Also, when does LE seal himself within Doc Scratch in the first place?
When Caliborn and Arquius got sent in Lil' Cal, their souls merged.
When Lil' Cal was used to make Scratch, Scratch got Autoresponder's intelligence and cunning, and had Caliborn inside of him. When Caliborn eventually came out, he was a ripped, mutant freak like Equius.
>>
>The person drawing the God Tier anons has no ask page
I need to tell them they got the trigger backwards, it's a federal fucking issue
>>
>>81807947
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
File: Hug (Jadesprite and Jade).gif (21 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
Hug (Jadesprite and Jade).gif
21 KB, 650x450
>>81807976
>>
>>81807897
Breath is flow. it is unadulterated whimsy.
>>
>>81807970
Used to be that Dave was a funny and entertaining guy. It's a shame what happened to him.
>>
>>81807878

>Neither in Aradia's case, and Vriska's got LE immortality since Slick would have broken her clock.

The clocks GRANT immortality. Caliborn broke his clock so he could drink all the immortality juice inside.

Vriska is a god tier, but she can no longer revive.
>>
>>81807949
Not even PS? Not even fucking Jailbreak? What an odd fellow.
>>
>>81807958
>Slick fucked her plan up, because he smashed the clock when it was in JUST.

Yes, and after the retcon Slick would have smashed her clock anyway when she wasn't dying so it would have been in the middle. Slick hated clocks, he would never let Scratch's clock go to waste.
>>
>>81807942
One year till he slaps something together that only makes matters worse? Great, can't wait.
>>
>>81807923
Why do you think these things?
>>
File: tumblr_m79vygZfX11r5sxm9.gif (24 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m79vygZfX11r5sxm9.gif
24 KB, 500x346
I just got can town residents are from the alpha session but how did they get exiled on alpha Earth? There was no exile stations at all.
>>
Ok niggers, every thread until you like it. Claim your classpect.

Page of Rage reporting.
>>
>>81807948
NO, IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH FREEDOM.
FUCK
YOU
>>
File: tumblr_mdq0fdc8eD1qh5bxi.png (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdq0fdc8eD1qh5bxi.png
38 KB, 500x500
>>81807897
>>
File: 1619-225-20111130222531.jpg (36 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1619-225-20111130222531.jpg
36 KB, 225x225
i know

i know i've let you down

i've been a fool to myself

i though that i could live for no one else
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 251

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.