[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Asspull endings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 16
File: korra asasasmi.png (282 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
korra asasasmi.png
282 KB, 640x360
ITT: Asspull endings
>>
That's not even the ending you fucking baby.
>>
>>81473829
I think that's his point. I hope it is in any case, otherwise he might simply be dumb
>>
>>81473818
Every season of that show has an asspull ending. It is quite impressive really.
>>
File: Lion_Turtle_and_Aang.png (472 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Lion_Turtle_and_Aang.png
472 KB, 720x480
This and the stupid rock are way worst then anything done in Korra.
>>
>>81474315
I think when Korra got all her bending back AND full control of the Avatar state JUST for crying is worse.
>>
>>81474368
I thought it was from almost committing suicide to restart the avatar cycle
>>
>>81474393
Pretty sure it was when Korra and her TOTALLY OBVIOUS lesbian soulmate fucked off into the spirit world when the Earth Kingdom kinda still needed her help with the war and all.
>>
>>81473818
It wasn't an asspull relationship. It was a lack of relationship that was the problem. A first date is not the kind of closure most people wanted. They wanted at least a kiss.
>>
>>81474368
>>81474393
>>81474425
>korra is bad meme
>>
I hate when people say that the lesbian ending ruined korra.

The show was already a fucking mess. Them being gay doesn't change anything
>>
>>81474315
No, Amon taking away her bending and then her being able to airbend takes the cake. She defeats the villain by outright ignoring the laws of the universe.
>>
>>81474368
Close but that didn't come with a three season of hype and morallity questions just to shit all over it by giving Aang a free out and then just giving him the Avatar state back because he hit a rock
>>
>>81474451
The problem is they used it in an incredibly clever way.

They slapped that at the end so that is the biggest thing the show will be remembered for, and not for the shittiness of the rest of the series.

>>81474460
Better than a previously dead Avatar who is not supposed to be able to bend suddenly appearing and giving a current Avatar her powers back.
>>
>>81474455
>>81474451
>>81474425
>>81474368

All these idiots, Korra was great.
>>
>>81474483
Fuck you, Korra was better than great. It blew ATLA out of the fucking water.
>>
File: cyborg vs blood.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
cyborg vs blood.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>>81473818
This fucking pisses me off more than just about anything. Nevermind that it is the same message they repeat in every Cyborg episode, but now he defeats the season's big bad in the least climactic way possible with no explanation whatsoever.
>>
>>81474480
How is a rock, a fucking rock, better than a spirit spirit bending. Asspull it may be, Aang is still better than a stupid fucking rock
>>
>>81474494
No fuck you, Korra was so great i have deleted Aang from memory
>>
>>81474507
Random power ups is the Shonen way
>>
>>81474508
Cause a rock unlocking a chakra is more fucking believable than a dead Avatar, a spirit ANYTHING being able to bend.

Fuck you and your shitty, cunt-filled show.
>>
File: 1458270499683.jpg (19 KB, 249x230) Image search: [Google]
1458270499683.jpg
19 KB, 249x230
>>81474450
>>81474483
>muh progressive show is above criticism!
>>
>>81473818
yup that was just awful
all the 4 seasons of korra were awful
relationship drama was one of the main reasons why it was garbage
>>
>>81474578
>posting SPONGEBOB of all things

go fuck yourself
>>
>>81474581
Before the show aired, the fact that Bryke said they "like love triangles" should have sent up a million red flags.

But I was too fucking optimistic.
>>
>>81474520
No fuck you. Korra was so great that I am currently dressed like her and only post on /co/ as a break from dancing around my filled bathtub and am in the process of illegally acquiring a polar bear from a regional zoo.
>>
>>81474095
How was the 3rd season ending an asspull?
>>
File: 1458269633537.png (77 KB, 280x261) Image search: [Google]
1458269633537.png
77 KB, 280x261
>>81474590
Oh I'm sorry, did I trigger you? Must suck not being able to face a different opinion.
>>
>>81474652
FUCK YOU
>>
>>81474590
>triggered by reaction images
>no arguments provided to defend stance towards subject
>>
>>81474649
I honestly forgot the 3rd season. I've seen people argue the whole airbender tornado is one, but I don't think it is.Yeah i was wrong my bad.
>>
>>81474507
Yeah, i remember getting really confused thinking he had some hidden Technokinesis super power he never used before
>>
>>81474671

3rd Season of Korra was best season.

It was the season with Zahir as the big bad.
>>
File: avatar-spongebob.jpg (75 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
75 KB, 550x800
>>81474590
>>
File: 1456461560262.jpg (143 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
1456461560262.jpg
143 KB, 500x650
>>81474661
Nice rebuttal
>>
>>81474694
Amon was a great big bad... up until they gave him waterbending and a fake scar. I would have been happier if he had been a spirit who thought the Avatar needed to be brought down.
>>
>>81474315
3 out of LoKs 4 endings were worse than that.
>>
>>81475165
Book 2, yes, but not the others. The entirety of Book 1 was about Korra not having airbending and by not having it when Amon took her bending she was able to acquire it afterwards. Book 4 didn't have an asspull ending. It was just Korra and the Krew fighting a giant platinum mech and Korra talking down Metal Mussolini using information about her childhood established earlier in the season.
>>
>>81475269
Yes they were, airbending is worse than turtles because atleast the turtle is a magical being with strange powers. And lets not forget the giant Mech that breaks all the rules of atla and believability of the universe. Both total asspulls. Also Aang fixing everything was pulled from nowhere.
>>
File: Mabel did nothing wrong.png (321 KB, 561x442) Image search: [Google]
Mabel did nothing wrong.png
321 KB, 561x442
I cannot believe no one's brought this up yet. But too be fair since the last episodes of the series were incredibly rushed, I think it's safe to say no expected a 10/10 finale.
>>
>>81475335
> airbending is worse than turtles because at least the turtle
It really really isn't. The entire season built up to that moment. I don't often say this, but your opinion is shit, anon.

The mech doesn't break any rules aside from whatever you rules you included in your headcanon. It was an absurd turn for a setting that otherwise had pretty realistic physical limitations on technology, but it wasn't an asspull resolution. Again, they spent the entire season building up to Korra learning what it meant to feel helpless such that she could talk Kuvira down.
>>
>>81474315
>they talk about 'the energy within people' since S01 and during S02 as well
>they actually show a drawing of a lion turtle in one episode
- what? energybending? where this came from?

it was always there. We just didn't know what exactly it could do.
>>
>>81475682
Nothing Korra did in season 1 explains her getting airbending. So while the season was about Korra not being able to airbend it didn't set up the moment at all.

They had no way to actually build that mech. The technology of that world isn't up to that standard and the world is in general pretty realistic with it's physical limitations, something that mech doesn't uphold at all.
The talk down is not as much of an asspull, but Kuvira having those issues were and that she would actually identify with Korras perspective was aswell considering their situations had nothing in common beyone a sense of helplessness, that also differed for them.
>>
>Oh god this show kinda sucked what do we do to salvage this
>let's make them lesbians in the end lmao

So transparent
>>
>>81474666
>>triggered by reaction images
have you ever seen someone post mlp or SU outside of their boards/thread? people get triggered every time even if it is relevant to the subject
>>
>>81475269
I find it dumb that she, at any point, "didn't have airbending". That, because she never used it before, it was safe from Amon's power, or that an Avatar, born to control all elements, didn't "have" one of them. Even with Aang, it wasn't that he didn't have all the elements at the start, he just had no training with them so he did not use them, choosing to rely on the element he did have training and mastery of.
>>
>>81475840
It is a given that Korra had the ability to bend. The problem was psychological. Her finally be able to bend isn't unbelievable. I couldn't ride a bike for the longest time until my dad simply adjusted my seat. All of a sudden I was racing along on my bike. Little changes can have big effects. Her losing her ability to bend apparently unraveled the issue she was having with airbending. Not an asspull resoluiton. Quite the contrary. Admittadly though, I guess they could have made it super explicit by having Korra mutter something about the way she framed learning the other elements contradicted the way she understood airbending and thus her other three bending powers were blocking her airbending, but that seems a bit much. As I said, we all knew she could airbend. It's not like Mako suddenly learned to airbend.

>They had no way to actually build that mech. The technology of that world isn't up to that standard and the world is in general pretty realistic with it's physical limitations, something that mech doesn't uphold at all.
Honestly, you are going full autism here. It's a fictional setting. We were lucky to get the believable technology up until that point. And again, this has nothing to do with the kind of asspull resolutions we are talking about. The mech was the problem to be resolved, not the resolution.

>Kuvira having those issues was a problem
That is how humans work, anon. Personal shit affects world views. That feeling of helplessness is what made Kuvira an excellent villain instead of Saturn V Hitler trying to wipe out most of humanity in a single day for little to no reason other than being evil.
>>
>>81476090
My problem is that she didn't learn anything.

She punched her way to airbending. Why could she suddenly do it by doing the thing she'd been doing her whole life?
>>
>>81476011
Bending can be blocked for psychological reasons. That was established in ATLA if I'm not mistaken. That's what the whole chakra thing was about. If you want to have a problem with it then by all means ,but I don't see a problem with it.
>>
>>81474480
Agree the show is shit but i still liked bolin and varrick and imo they saved the whole experience
>>
>>81476090
not him, but..

>The problem was psychological. Her finally be able to bend isn't unbelievable
it's an issue with her mindset. Even Aang had one episode explaining how he had to change his way of thinking and behaving to earthbend. It IS unbelievable that she can airbend without changing her ways. It's not at all like a bike. If you don't show it, it came from nowhere (asspull).

>It's a fictional setting
"fiction doesn't need to make sense". - anon

i have to add. it's still more of an asspull than anything in ATLA. Hell, the lion turtle/energybending thing didn't even really help Aang at all (and they did talk about it during the show, even in S01). Getting airbending/avatar state from nothing is just ridiculous. And that's just ONE season of LoK.
>>
>>81476119
You are drifting to complaints that have little to do with asspull resolutions a la deus ex machina. I can relate with your complaint that she didn't learn as much as she could have. I really liked the lesson she learned throughout Book 4 leading up to the finale where it became a key factor to the plot. I don't remember any such arc in Book 1. It isn't an asspull resolution, but it is a relatively decent complaint.
>>
The asspull in Book 1 was Aang's spirit giving her all her powers back and also unlocking the Avatar State for her because she cried.
>>
>>81476090
The problem is that under your explanation here she couldn't do airbending because amon took it away. But even if she had the ability nothing in those moments would have been able to unlock her ability to do it. It's the element of freedom, detachment and seemingly joy (looking at Aang), emotions she didn't have given the circumstances of the fight with Amon. She got her airbending in a moment where she was afraid and relied on her attachment to do it. By all means it shouldn't have worked, so it is an asspull that she suddenly has airbending without getting it some other way first.

>We were lucky to get the believable technology up until that point
No we weren't. It was part of the setting, a part they choose to ignore when they introduced the mech, which is why that thing doesn't fit with the world.

>That is how humans work, anon.
She didn't have those issues before she needed to have them so Korra could talk her down. That is an asspull for sure. At no other point in book 4 was it even a problem for her that she had once felt entirely helpless. And it still isn't similar to Korras situation of helplessness at all. it comes across as a total asspull that it even worked out for Korra to talk with Kuvira.
>>
>>81476196
>"fiction doesn't need to make sense". - anon
Anon, read my post. I have a problem with giant platinum mechs too and the anons who try to justify magical disregards for physics, but you have to put everything into perspective. We were lucky to get the believable technology up until that point. I loved all the steampunk mechs, aircraft, and ships they had up until that point. The colossal mech wasn't something bad so much as it was a lack of something good. And again, it has nothing to do with the asspull resolutions we are talking about. The giant mech was the thing to be resolved, not the resolution.

And Korra didn't get airbending from nothing. She always had it. It was simply blocked by her chakras and shit. Amon closed her open chakras and shit. Apparently that either opened her closed chakras and shit or gave her the clarity to open her previously closed chakras and shit.

I understand where you are coming from, but it isn't a big deal. The build up to her negating Amon's spirit bending by "hiding" her airbending led to a really awesome moment where she BTFO Amon after he thought she was helpless. That was well done and it's very easy to rationalize some excuse for her getting airbending at that moment. Relative to other books of both series, it was a good finale IMHO.
>>
>>81476412
>And Korra didn't get airbending from nothing. She always had it. It was simply blocked by her chakras and shit
kind of a strawman argument. The point is, she couldn't do it unless she changed her mindset. She didn't. Same thing with the avatar state. Aang had an entire episode to open all the chakras to control it. She just did it from nothing.

also, let's not jump into conclusions about what Amon was doing. Trying to explain an asspull won't make it less of an asspull. Headcanon could explain anything. Also, as shown, bending is about mindset, not only chakras open/close physically. Hell, Zuko got all fucked up when he lost his mindset to firebend. Aang couldn't bend earth. And Korra doesn't do shit and gets to airbend? that's an asspull.

>I understand where you are coming from, but it isn't a big deal
oh, using a power she couldn't possibly use before without apparent explanation to save her from the plot is not a big deal? i thought we were discussing asspull conclusions.
>>
File: From 10 to 1 in Zero Seconds.jpg (56 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
From 10 to 1 in Zero Seconds.jpg
56 KB, 540x360
>>81475746
That's horseshit and you know it. Neither of those even remotely point to a giant lion turtle coming down to give Aang the ability to de-bend people at the last minute. And even if they did, that's still handing Aang the solution to his problem on a silver platter.

And even if they didn't do THAT, there was yet another asspull that handed Aang his physical victory.

It was an awful ending all-around.
>>
>>81476255
Korra got her airbending by losing what she loved, what she defined herself by, her other bending powers. Just like how Zaheer gained the ability to fly once he lost his main squeeze.

The mech was a problem because how it blatantly violates physics, not that it goes against the setting. They integrated it into the setting with the "it's magic, it doesn't have to make sense". If you have a problem with magic like I do then yeah, the mech was stupid and absurd and I wish they didn't use it. But that magic is the explanation for why it is different than any other technology and it therefore fits into the setting.

>She didn't have those issues before she needed to have them so Korra could talk her down.
I truly don't know what you are talking about. Worldviews are affected by person events. We learned about personal events in Kuvira's life. They came to play in the final resolution. So did the personal experiences of Korra. That in particular is a credit to the writing of TLOK, not a problem. Feeling helpless is the basest root of all attempts at acquiring strength and I like how they got to the heart of such a human issue. Korra pointed out to Kuvira that her worldview was biased due to that deep feeling of vulnerability. Kuvira began to question her decisions and her resolve dropped away. I fucking love these kind of endings instead of plain old asskicking "might makes right"' endings.
>>
>>81476090
But she didn't change at all. She didn;t adopt Airbender philosophy, and she unlocked Airbending by acting not like like she would have at the start of the series, but in the most un-Airbendery way possible (aggressively and violently defending a personal attachment).
>>
>>81475575
It was rushed but not really much of an asspull. It's not like they came with something out of nowhere or changed the entire show's rules.
>>
>>81476679
>Neither of those even remotely point to a giant lion turtle coming down to give Aang the ability to de-bend people at the last minute
the point of energybending was to know what it could do. Not knowing what something can do doesn't mean it wasn't there. The whole point of the turtles is exactly to close that entire 'energy' arc.

> that's still handing Aang the solution to his problem on a silver platter.
energybending didn't help Aang to do shit. Ozai was already defeated before he used it. You might argue the rock thing, but even then it was shown that Aang lost his powers by being hit in the exact same place, so getting hit again to get his powers i not really a stretch.
>>
>>81476623
>kind of a strawman argument.
With all do respect anon, I don't think you understand what a strawman argument is. A strawman is when you create a false representation of your opposition and attack it instead.

Anways, like I said in an earlier post. You can train for something for a long time, never get the hang of it, but then suddenly be great at it because of a miniscule change. The same thing happened with me and riding a bike. I couldn't ride for the longest time until my dad simply adjusted the seat. All of a sudden all the lessons he had been giving me up until that point fell together and I was great at riding a bike. Losing her other three bending abilities was a pretty big event so I can't rationalize holding that unlocking Korra's airbending in a similar way to me suddenly being able to ride my bike simply because it doesn't jive with the conceptions of anons on the internet. Events in stories shape the realities of the setting, not the other way around, at least not with shit that doesn't starkly contradict anything.
>>
>>81476788
>the point of energybending was to know what it could do. Not knowing what something can do doesn't mean it wasn't there. The whole point of the turtles is exactly to close that entire 'energy' arc.
That's an asspull in every form.

>energybending didn't help Aang to do shit. Ozai was already defeated before he used it. You might argue the rock thing, but even then it was shown that Aang lost his powers by being hit in the exact same place, so getting hit again to get his powers i not really a stretch.
Making sense in-universe isn't the issue. Having your resolution hinge on the problem being solved for the protagonist at the last minute, through no effort of their own, is a fucking awful story.
>>
>>81476679

Maybe, just maybe - and bear with me guys - maybe the writers just suck hot horse dick in general?
>>
>>81476690
>Just like how Zaheer gained the ability to fly once he lost his main squeeze.
That is not what happened at all. Zaheer lost his waifu and let her go, he didn't become sad or angry at losing her. She was the only thing holding him back essentially. Korra however dwelled on what she lost, the exact opposite of Zaheer. She wasn't held back by her attachment to the other elements or her affection for mako, and she definately didn't let them go once she lost her bending, she fought even harder. So it still doesn't make sense.

The mech is a violation of the settings principples, and no amount of "magic" will make up for that. Besides, the "magic" was only a powersource for it, it doesn't explain how they could build it or why it could function.

>I truly don't know what you are talking about.
She had no abandonment issues prior to her talk with Korra. That's the problem. Nothing at all seems to point to Kuvira gathering that power because she felt helpless or that her people felt helpless. That she had those issues were only brought up and were in any way relevant because Korra needed a way to talk Kuvira down. Nvm that Korra had allready beaten the shit out of her and she had no way of actually fighting back anymore.

I don't mind a different kind of ending where Korra might talk down the villain. But the way it was executed was an asspull.
>>
>>81476710
Her not having airbending was psychological. A traumatic event allowed her to access her airbending. Seems simple enough to me. It could have been done even better by having character development lead up to it, but there was certainly a buildup to the resolution. Korra didn't have airbending all season but it was that lack of airbending that allowed her to bend after being attacked by Amon.
>>
>>81476765
You could make the argument that the way Bill was "defeated" was an asspull after how much foreshadowing there was to the previous method.
>>
File: Pick Your Poison.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Pick Your Poison.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2000
>>81476859
Not all of them. It's just that Mike and Bryan got all the credit for ATLA, despite neither of them being the people who made it good.
>>
>>81476710
But she did experience loss. She lost what she loved the most, her bending.
>>
>>81476932
It doesn't work at all. Airbending isn't unlocked through trauma. It's unlocked through detachment and going with the flow. Both are the exact opposite of how Korra was in that moment.
>>
>>81476851
>That's an asspull in every form.
"you have this ancient artifact. We don't know what it does"
"oh, turns out it's a weapon"

that's used very commonly in fiction. It's not at all an asspull. You just didn't know what that something could do.

>Making sense in-universe isn't the issue
if it makes sense in-universe, it's not an asspull.

>Having your resolution hinge on the problem being solved for the protagonist at the last minute, through no effort of their own, is a fucking awful story
solving things without effort is kind of what the avatar is about. Also, you're ignoring all the time Aang needed to control the avatar state. It's not simply "go apeshit and win". Aang didn't want to kill Ozai. If he simply activated a mindless rage and power, the firelord would be dead. However, through training to contain it, he was able to achieve what he wants. Aang's journey is far from pointless.
>>
>>81476940
Maybe but I'm just happy that they actually fucking acknowledged it. The Stans fucking it up out of pettiness was just perfect and it made for an even better way to kill him. Well, not the method but the emotional impact I guess I was good for something after all I just wish that they had left out Stan getting his memories back or don't do it so opaquely.
>>
>>81476970
You don't get Airbending from loss. You get it from letting go. Korra was so upset by not having her bending that she considers fucking suicide later because she can't let it go.
>>
>>81476932
it's stupid that just by being in a temporary stressful situation, she can unlock the ability and continue to use it without further problems, and even use it wrong. I'd accept that using airbending subconsciously in that situation out of pure fear/instinct could work, but to allow her to continue using airbending when her mindset never changed is bullshit. She should still have those mental blocks, even if for a very short time fear made her forget they were there, but once she was back to normal, the mental blocks should return.
>>
>>81476940
Bill was defeated in a way where the characters as people actually matter. They didn't just sit back without any agency until some magic solution fixed the problem for them. They resolution was a direct result of their characterization.
>>
>>81477035
>you don't get airbending from loss, you get it from letting go
Loss is the means of forcing one to let go and it happened with Zaheer.
>>
>>81476991
>that's used very commonly in fiction. It's not at all an asspull. You just didn't know what that something could do.
That is 100% an asspull. Not knowing what something does until the last minute is still introducing it's effect at the last minute.

>solving things without effort is kind of what the avatar is about.
That's awful storytelling. Having an actual conflict is THE most important part of fiction. If your protagonist just wins with no effort then you have nothing.
>>
>>81477098
and it does not happen with Korra, as she continues to cry about her loss.
>>
>>81477066
Let's be clear, stressful events are the same thing as traumatic events. Traumatic events by definition have psychological repercussions. Korra's problem was psychological.
>>
>>81477098
No, loss does not force a person to let go. Korra did not let the loss of her bending go at all - She was devastated and continued to be that way until it was handed back to her.

Zaheer accepted that P'li was dead and moved on. It's rare for acceptance of a loss to come immediately.
>>
>>81477155
No it was spiritual, as everyone keeps telling us in the show.
>>
>>81477198
"Spiritual" in the context of Avatar has never meant anything.
>>
>>81477137
>Not knowing what something does until the last minute is still introducing it's effect at the last minute.
you know it does something. That's enough to not be an asspull. It's not coming from nowhere. You have a lead. In ATLA they even have entire episodes to discuss that energy inside people.

>That's awful storytelling
that's your opinion.

>Having an actual conflict is THE most important part of fiction
the conflict was in Aang's adventure. It was in his struggle to control the avatar state.
>>
File: Inside Out - Joy crying.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Inside Out - Joy crying.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>81477142
Crying is part of coping, part of catharsis. It's a good thing.
>>
>>81477098
>>81477181
is that guy still discussing that Korra had the right mindset for airbending?
>>
>>81477198
The whole chakra thing is the connection between spirit and the self. Psychology has been tied to bending since ATLA.
>>
>>81477231
crying equals emotion. It's sadness. To airbend you need to have a clear mind. You don't rely on them.
>>
>>81477231
Doesn't mean you have let it go. The fact that you are still thinking about it enough for it's absence to make you cry means it's still a part of you.
>>
>>81477214
>>81477272
It's not talked about or shown to be a psychological problem that can be fixed by a traumatic experience.

It is however shown to be a problem that requires introspection and patience, like when she gets flashbacks from Aang in the box.
>>
>>81477228
>you know it does something. That's enough to not be an asspull.
It absolutely is not.

>It's not coming from nowhere.
"You can just take away his bending" absolutely DID come from nowhere. Nebulous energy being mentioned doesn't establish jack shit.

>that's your opinion.
No, it's one of the most fundamental principles of storytelling. You need conflict for there to be a story. If the protagonist just has their problems magicked away for them, there's no conflict.

>the conflict was in Aang's adventure. It was in his struggle to control the avatar state.
Which was abandoned back in Season 2. But I guess now he has it without actually having to give up anything or drop the attachment to Katara he clearly hasn't given up?
>>
>>81477231
It also means you haven't let go yet.
>>
>>81477286
>>81477290
Korra always had the ability to airbend. She just had a had a minor roadblock. She defined herself by her strength and her strength came from her bending. Airbending seemed to contradict what she was taught while learning the other bending techniques and she was never willing to let go of that strength even a little in order to learn airbending. Amon took her bending away entirely. She felt the loss and it was more than enough to open up that metal roadblock. Hell, a good talk with someone more skilled than Tenzin probably would have sufficed. Amon mind raping her was more than enough.

I suppose Korra explaining that to the audience would have been cool and would have made the story a little better, but I don't think not explaining it equates to a KORRA IS NOW A GIANT SPIRIT KAIJU tier deus ex machina.
>>
>>81477328
Apparently not.
>>
>>81477412
It's part of letting go. Korra's hurdle wasn't that big to begin with.
>>
>>81477589
Says who, your headcanon? Because the show actually never explains how Korra got her airbending, and all the explanations here are conjecture as to why it happened in an attempt to make it not an asspull.
>>
>>81477562
if she always had the ability to airbend, it should have been taken away with the rest by Amon. Her not understanding how to use it should not have protected it from Amon. It makes it seem like he knew she couldn't airbend so he just didn't bother to take that from her but took the other 3, which is retarded.

even if she was forced to let go of her ability to use the other elements enough to finally airbend, getting them back should have just blocked it again.
>>
>>81477376
>It absolutely is not.
you're saying everything that is stated to exist but not completely explained before happening is an asspull?

>"You can just take away his bending" absolutely DID come from nowhere
it came from energybending. We knew it existed. We knew it's a different kind of energy they can use. We don't need to know what it does to say that it existed before. Revealing what it does have nothing to do with asspulls. Do you get an explanation to what "the force" can do? or do you say "ASSPULL" the first time someone used it?

>You need conflict for there to be a story
"what is slice of life" "what is comedy". Conflict is not needed in storytelling, and conflict doesn't need to be on the exact end of your story. It can be in the middle, and the conflict doesn't need to be a physical one.

>Which was abandoned back in Season 2
>abandoned
you mean solved. Your argument whas that there was 'no conflict'. His entire adventure was conflict. In S03 it came uncertainty if his entire adventure would achieve something. It's not a time for conflict, but to put what he learned to test. We don't know until the ending if Aang can control the avatar state. THAT was the conflict in the ending. Can he? it's not a physical conflict going on. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it does not exist.

>drop the attachment to Katara he clearly hasn't given up
Not getting attached doesn't mean "not having a relationship". Hell, many avatars had kids (Roku, Kyoshi, etc). You can love. What is important is how you deal with loss, that's what the "let go" was about. Being the avatar doesn't mean you can't have a romance.
>>
>>81477634
>Says who, your headcanon?
That's an ironic thing to say since you are arguing that your conception about the physical laws of the setting takes precedent over the actual events of the show. Korra did it. No amount of "b-but that's not how it works on the wiki I wrote" is going to change it.
>>
>>81477609
it's not part of letting go. it's what happens before one lets go. the fact that she was crying means she was still at the stage before letting go, thus it was not let go and therefore should not have worked.
>>
>>81477562
>minor roadblock
dude, if you don't have the mindset you can't bend. It's that simple. Did Korra change her mindset by the end of S01? no. She is still the same cunt, as we see her crying because she lost her powers. Hell, we see her angry even during the fight with Amon. Loss has nothing to do with her mindset, and even if you argue "it does" you have no way of proving this because it happened only in her head. It's not in the show, so yeah, it's an asspull.
>>
>>81477763
not him, but that 'working regardless of what was stated on the rest of the show' is what makes it an asspull. It's not wiki shit, it's evidence and statements in the show.
>>
>>81477763
You explanation goes against everything the show tells us about bending. You can't even say she had a psychological problem that needed to be fixed because the show tells us something different.

Also breaking established canon about the setting doesn't change the setting. It just means they didn't follow the rules they set up themselves.
>>
>>81477748
>you're saying everything that is stated to exist but not completely explained before happening is an asspull?
I'm saying if the relevant part of it (It can take away bending) is not even hinted at, then yes it is an asspull. Mentioning energy has nothing to do with what energybending was in practice.

>"what is slice of life" "what is comedy". Conflict is not needed in storytelling
It absolutely is. For comedy and slice-of-life, too. Those aren't usually physical conflicts, but there's always something in the way of what the protagonist wants, and the story is the protagonists fighting against that conflict. Otherwise it's not random things happening with no emotional investment at all. You have no conflict, you have no story.

>We don't know until the ending if Aang can control the avatar state. THAT was the conflict in the ending.
That's not conflict. Aang has no agency there - He either can or he can't, and there's nothing he can do about it until it happens.
>>
>>81477609
It's the PROCESS of letting go. If you're crying, you still have not yet let go.
>>
>>81474095
So did book 1 and 3 of last airbender.
Maybe it is a common rule in this universe.
>>
>>81477887
*it's just random
>>
>>81477869
The show doesn't contradict what I said.
>>
>>81477914
It wasn't that big of a hurdle to get over. Any amount of letting go was apparently enough. Korra wasn't even willing to do that until the end because she was so obsessed with her own strength.
>>
>>81477969
Korra didn't have a psychological issue, it was a spiritual issue, according to the show.
>>
>>81477887
>I'm saying if the relevant part of it (It can take away bending) is not even hinted at, then yes it is an asspull
keeping secret from your audience is normal, anon. It's not at all an asspull. Also, anyone that was paying attention was open to the possibility of energybending being mentioned again.

>Mentioning energy has nothing to do with what energybending was in practice
they say it's a power. That a power can be used against someone else is asspull to you?

>It absolutely is
TTGO: Waffles. Just... Waffles the entire fucking episode.

>That's not conflict. Aang has no agency there
it's his mental state, so he does have 'agency' here. Is he prepared? did he do everything right? what can he do to change? if he can't, is he going to resort to killing? that's all conflict. You're just chosing to label it as not, and you're just chosing to forget the conflicts that happened during his journey saying that "the conflict must be in the ending". That's a rule you just created.
>>
>>81477864
What evidence? I was referencing a lot of shit from the show in giving my explanation. Bending can be affected by psychology, like by opening and closing chakras. Airbending is best learned by letting go. Korra is obsessed with her own strength.

Apparently the little bit of letting go she underwent before blowing Amon out of a window was enough.
>>
>>81478014
Spiritual and psychological issues are linked. That's been a thing since ATLA.
>>
>>81477934
>So did book 1 and 3 of last airbender.
S01: not really. A spirit stated to be ancient and powerful gets pissed off by the FN, fuses with the fucking avatar and destroyed shit up. That's expected

S03: as being discussed, it's not.
>>
>>81478125
They're not the same though. She didn't really have any issues psychologicly, but she was very materialistic, which is what we're told is her problem. She can't seem to open up to the airbending teachings from Tenzin until she literally can't do anything else (Tarrloks Box), and even then she doesn't get airbending.

Her losing her elements to Amon is actually shown to make her focus even more on the pshysical side of bending, because she used to have the other elements. Which would lock airbending away even more.
>>
>>81478102
>What evidence
Aang had to change his mindset to bend earth. Zuko lost his firebending after changing his mindset as well. Korra did not change her mindset for airbending.

>Bending can be affected by psychology, like by opening and closing chakras
>like by opening and closing chakras
citation needed. Where is it stated that physically opening chakras will change your psychology?

>the little bit of letting go she underwent
she didn't let go of shit. She still wants her power. "letting go" is not about losing it. If you lose someone close to you but still mourns his death, you didn't let go. Korra is literally crying because she lost her powers by the end of that season.
>>
>>81473818
>Implying TLA ending wasn't the bigger asspull
I mean if you wanna complain, at least be consistent about it.
>>
>>81478222
as discussed before, it's not an asspull.
>>
>>81478219
Airbending has always been about letting go. That's psychological. If you want more of the specifics about psychology affecting spirituality through shakras then watch that ALTA episode where the Indian guy teaches Aang about chakras and how he has to let his friends get caught in order to cure himself of his spiritual issues.

>she didn't let go of shit.
Apparently she did. As has been stated by other anons and myself, crying is part of the process of letting go. Apparently her psychological hurdle wasn't that big and just a little bit of crying after losing her bending was enough acknowledgement of her loss to get her airbending.
>>
>>81478264
It's the same spiritual bullshit the avatarverse works with.
>>
>>81478188
Preconceptions about bending can limit one's ability to use other forms of bending. Korra saw bending as a source of power and was very dependent on the idea that she was powerful. That dependence on her own power kept her from accessing her airbending. The slightest bit of acknowledgement of being powerless was enough to access her airbending.
>>
>>81478348
>Airbending has always been about letting go
it's about not being affected by emotions (which includes 'letting go') and some other things.

i think the name you give it doesn't matter. Mindset, or psychology. What matters is that Korra doesn't have it.

>crying is part of the process of letting go
crying is emotion. It's sadness. It's not 'letting go' at all. You're attached to that event and mourn it. When you STOP crying, you let go. As shown, she was still shocked by her loss, she was running from people trying to help her. You can't possibly argue that she learned to control her emotions until that point.

Also..
>Apparently her psychological hurdle wasn't that big and just a little bit of crying after losing her bending was enough acknowledgement of her loss to get her airbending
headcanon, completely ignoring what is in front of you.
>>
>>81478264
It was a forgivable asspull IMHO. Book 3 didn't have have much build up to the final fight beyond Aang merely training. Both Aang's problem with killing the Fire Lord and the resolution to that problem were introduced in the finale itself. I liked the end result so I don't complain, but I will complain if people try to claim Books 1, 3, and 4 of TLOK were deus ex machina while trying to slip the finale of ATLA under the rug.
>>
>>81478361
what exact part of the ending are you talking about
>>
>>81478458
I can agree somewhat with the first part, but i don't think it was being powerfull that was the issue. It was more that Airbending isn't as materialistic as the other forms of bending. Her usual approach to bending doesn't work with airbending.

However, being powerless doesn't make you a better airbender. And while she did understand that she had lost her powers, she didn't accept it and moved on. She dwelled on it permanently, which is why she shouldn't be having airbending, which would require her to let go of her need to feel powerfull, which she didn't.
>>
>>81478565
>Aang's problem with killing the Fire Lord and the resolution to that problem were introduced in the finale itself
the avatar state was introduced in the ending? because that's how Aang defeated Ozai without killing him.
>>
>>81478561
>it's about not being affected by emotions (which includes 'letting go') and some other things.
Attachment. You mean attachment. Aang was attached to the Gaang, Zaheer to P'Li. It's a very Buddhist concept about relieving suffering by letting go of Earthly tethers. Korra wasn't willing to let go of her strength. She could only airbend when she started to let go of her dependence on her own power. Crying was part of the process of letting go and was apparently enough. It really outlines how unwilling she was to let go until that point.
>>
>>81474507
Things Change was pretty shit too
>>
>>81478604
I'm having trouble conceiving what exactly is meant by "materialistic" in this context.

Fire, Water, Earth all are very powerful relative to airbending. Korra needed to learn to let go just a little bit from what she cared most about. She cared most about being a powerful avatar. Having her fire, water, and earth bending taken away was more than enough to get her to let the slightest bit go of her dependence on her own power.
>>
>>81478675
>Attachment. You mean attachment. Aang was attached to the Gaang
if that was true Aang couldn't airbend in S01/S02. It's just controlling emotions, something Korra clearly can't. The attachment thing is exclusively to fly. More than that, and you need to state where you saw this kind of information.

>Korra wasn't willing to let go of her strength. She could only airbend when she started to let go of her dependence on her own power
citation needed. Also, airbend is her own power.

>Crying was part of the process of letting go
crying means you're feeling emotions; mourning. It means you did not let go. If it was that simple, there would be no reason for Zaheer not to fly before, or anyone else for that matter since they're all "on the proccess of letting go". Anyway, where in the show did you get the 'airbending = let go'?
>>
>>81475575
honestly GF has a ton of missed potential
The ending was still okay other than Stan getting all his memories back
>>
>>
File: latest-1.png (132 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
132 KB, 444x250
>>81474455
Season 1 ending was nothing on Season 2 ending.

Consider this; the ending to season 2 was so bad even Bryke outright admitted they didn't know what the hell they were writing.
>>
>>81478958
no, no, anon.. they said it was "open for interpretation".
>>
>>81478851
She if generally better at physical things, whereas spiritual or mental things are harder for her. She is specificly critized by her masters as only having mastered the physical side to bending while having neglected the spiritual side.

She didn't let go, as we see in the show, which is why Aang had to come out and fix her so she didn't have to accept and let go of what happened to her.
>>
>>81479029
She did let go a little bit, as is evident by her ability to airbend. If I'm not mistaken Aang simply taught her the technique of spirit bending.
>>
>>81478086
Keeping secrets from your audience =/= Unveiling thing that fixes everything for the protagonist at the last minute.

Aang's mental state didn't matter at sll in the end. Nothing did other than factors outside his control.
>>
>>81474455
>avatar is master can use all four elements
>avatar uses an element she was having a little trouble with initially
>HOLY SHIT YOU ARE BREAKING THE RULES OF TEH UNIVERSE

>>81478958
That ending was so bad. The most damning thing is that they could have easily saved it with just 30 seconds of making some shit up about Harmonic Convergence could allow Korra of become a giant spirit woman on the other side of the planet.
>>
>>81479121
>letting go a little bit would give her airbending.
And she still didn't actually let go. I think Bryke even said that it was her attachment to Mako that enabled her. Which would also be against the way airbending is stated to function.

No Aang cured her bending block, gave her the Avatar state and spiritbending
>>
>>81478141
Those as both massive asspulls for reasons being explained in this thread right now.
>>
>>81476946
I'd go with Mike's.

Bryan's ideas seem worse overall.
>>
>>81479255
>Unveiling thing that fixes everything for the protagonist at the last minute
how exactly energybending 'fix' anything at all? it serves no purpose for Aang.

>Aang's mental state didn't matter at sll in the end
if he did not control the avatar state (mental state), Ozai would be dead.

>>81479298
no one else is talking about S01.
>>
>>81479263
>avatar uses an element she was having a little trouble with initially
She couldn't Airbrnd at all.

The show hammers in that you need the right mindset to bend an element. Korra never went anywhere from her starting position as the exact opposite of an Airbender.
>>
>>81479338
I disagree. I'd rather take feminism over "Everyone hates me because I'm so talented" Rand wanking.
>>
>>81479405
And I'd rather take Rand wanking over "muh oppressive patriarchy!"
>>
>>81479356
>how exactly energybending 'fix' anything at all? it serves no purpose for Aang.
They hammer in repeatedly that Ozai can't be stopped without killing. Explaining-it-to-children clear.

If you go back to the rock, that's still an asspull. Arguably a bigger one.
>>
>>81479457
>They hammer in repeatedly that Ozai can't be stopped without killing
and Aang stopped Ozai with the avatar state, not energybending.

>If you go back to the rock, that's still an asspull
from S02 you know that getting hit on that place can close/open chakras. It was how Aang lost his avatar state in the first place. Getting hit in the same place is the middle of a battle is nowhere near an asspull.
>>
>>81479357
Airbending isn't about sheer power. Korra sees bending as something innately powerful and thus doesn't understand airbending. She is utterly unable to airbend instead of simply being bad at it because of one little psychological roadblock. She defines herself by her power. That's why her solution to everything in Book 1 is "PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH". She haD to let go of that dependence on her own power to the smallest degree in order to access her airbending.
>>
>>81479569
>It was how Aang lost his avatar state in the first place. Getting hit in the same place is the middle of a battle is nowhere near an asspull.
I've said it before: It's not about being a plot hole. It's about solving the problem for him.

If Aang could just stop Ozai from day one, there's no tension or reason to care. Just the illusion of conflict.
>>
>>81479641
>She haD to let go of that dependence on her own power to the smallest degree in order to access her airbending.
Except she didn't. It was just handed to her while she still refused to move on about losing her bending, to the point that she considered suicide.
>>
>>81478955
>>81478955

It was that or an open mouth kiss between Megatron and Optimus.
>>
>>81479659
>It's not about being a plot hole. It's about solving the problem for him
that's not really the definition of "asspull". But anyway, it doesn't solve shit without his entire journey to control the avatar state.

If Aang just used the avatar state without any control, Ozai would be dead. The 'getting hit in the back' alone doesn't solve his issues. He still needed to decide not to kill Ozai, and he still needed to be in control. As said before, being an all-powerful being is what the avatar is about. It's the entire premise of the show. How you use that power, and how you control it, it's when it gets interesting.

you may argue that you don't like that premise, but to say taht there is no conflict, or that it was solved instantly, is just wrong.
>>
>>81479717
She did, as is evident by her having the ability to airbend. She lost her other bending powers and that left her unfettered, no longer fearing losing her strength because she already lost it.

You wanted an explanation that jived with the established mechanics of the setting and I gave it to you.

inb4
>but it wasn't explicitly stated in the show and it should have been
THAT... is actually a valid criticism. Tying the knots a little more by making it clear how acquiring airbending corresponded with a realization would have been good. I'm simply arguing that the events to contradict supposed concrete rules about the Avatarverse.
>>
>>81480112
You just gave one more explanation that doesn't jive with what we're shown. It's an asspull that's all there is to it.
>>
>>81480183
It jives fine, as I've argued.
>>
>>81480112
>She did, as is evident by her having the ability to airbend
she didn't, as shown, like, 5 minutes later on that episode. And again, "having to let go" is a rule you created. It's based on emotion as far as we know from ATLA/LoK
>>
>>81480603
She airbent. Her ability to finally airbend was presumably due to events immediately preceding her ability to airbend. I don't know what you are arguing at this point.
>>
>>81480676
that she doesn't have the mindset for airbending, meaning it is indeed an asspull.

basically, the argument is: she couldn't airbend on that time, because as we see on the entire show from ATLA and LoK, you need to control to have control of your emotions and balance to airbend and she clearly didn't, as we see in LoK. Your response is "she airbend, so she clearly did". It's a very poor response since what we are attacking is exactly the fact that she did.
>>
>>81480769
Mindset nothing. Dozens of people used airbending after Harmonic Convergence without having the "mindset". Korra's problem was personal. I've already explained why Korra couldn't airbend and how it was a problem unique to her.
>>
>>81481029
>Dozens of people used airbending after Harmonic Convergence without having the "mindset"
and that's why many people give shit for S03. Airbending is incredibly inconsistent on it. The explanation would be that "it changed after S03 because spiritual bullshit", but that has nothing to do with S01.

but mindset IS stated to interfere in bending on ATLA, and LoK does follow that pattern (meditation is part of the airbender training). It's one of the only things that can make a bender unable to bend.

> I've already explained why Korra couldn't airbend
you gave your opinion, not facts.
>>
>>81481205
Use events to shape to shape your conception of the setting, not the other way around. Else you find yourself in the company of autists who are too hung up on the headcanon they have constructed using previous events to accept events that disagree with their headcanon.
>>
>>81478593
How about in general?
Last airbender always introduced new weird spirit shit and bending techniques.
Why does everyone scream asspull when Korra does it?
>>
>>81478865
That legitimately pissed me off. Remember kids, it's always okay to sacrifice yourself, because you'll be as good as new within 5 minutes!
>>
>>81481320
>Use events to shape to shape your conception of the setting
True. Aang does talk about emotions on the earthbending episode and before, with Katara. Zuko states that he fueled his bending with anger, and since he couldn't rely on it anymore he couldn't firebend. Mindset interferes, and it's the only known thing that could be interfering with Korra. It does makes sense when you consider she is ruled by her emotions, and could never get it when Tenzin tried to teach her patience.

His argument, however, consists of "she probably gets it now" without actually talking about events that would lead to such statement. After losing that argument he tried to use S03.
>>
>>81481437
>Why does everyone scream asspull when Korra does it?
because it conflicts with previous statements of the show.

creating something new that makes sense in-universe is okay. Explaining something that was never explained before is okay. Conflicting with it's own universe is not.

the thing is, ATLA doesn't really have an 'asspull' by the sense of the word. Only LoK does.
>>
>>81481601
The word you were looking for is retcon, not asspull.
>>
>>81481498
>I believe these events mean this and just because a later event disproved it isn't a problem, the later event is just wrong
That's exactly the kind of autism that you should avoid.

Korra gained airbending after losing her other bending abilities. Draw conclusions from that.
>>
>>81481941
>The word you were looking for is retcon
even in LoK they teach Korra to change her ways. She doesn't, and still gets airbending.

>>81482277
>Korra gained airbending after losing her other bending abilities. Draw conclusions from that
by that logic nothing can ever be called asspull if you can solely use the event in place to draw conclusions.
>>
>>81483135
In last airbender Aang was teached to face his problems.
In the end he still ran away and got energy bending.
>>
>>81483303
1) there is no connection between running away and getting energybending. One does not exclude the other

2) in the end he didn't run away from his choice. He decided not to kill Ozai and stick to that. Actually, he even had the chance to kill Ozai (redirecting lightning) and decides not to.
>>
File: 1456327221342.jpg (78 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1456327221342.jpg
78 KB, 456x320
>>81473818
>Liked A:TLAB
>Start watching this to mid season 2
>mfw

Does this shit get better at all? /co/ warned me but I thought it was the usual hate everything crap. I've read through bomb queen and dark ages sonic multiple times yet can barely stomch to continue on through this.

Its like someone on the writing team read /r9k/ and decided to put in every shitty trait about women into one character. Then added mary su powers on top. How did the team that made the first show fuck up this so badly?
>>
>>81483908
now that you got past S01 even after our warnings, you have no other choice.

you will get a lot of hate from the first episodes of S03 as well, but if you ignore the beginning enough, S03 can be good.

For S04 it's the opposite. Beginning is watchable, but turns out to be shit at the ending.
>>
File: shotgun.jpg (96 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
shotgun.jpg
96 KB, 396x388
>>81484003
>, you have no other choice.
>hes right

Why didn't I listen.
>>
i love how you idiots try so hard to hate korra its funny
>>
>>81484571
not our fault she caused S02, S03 and S04 of her own show.
>>
>>81484609
nice meme
>>
>>81484571
>trying is needed

I actively tried to like the show even with all it's faults and still failed.
>>
File: 1455149759123.gif (439 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1455149759123.gif
439 KB, 640x360
>>81485018
yea for a small number of people on /co/ a big loss
>>
>>81484571
I still like it solid 7/10 series it just has a hell of a lot wrong with it.
>>
>>81483135
Asllpull Resolution hierarchy:
TLOK B2 >>> ATLA B3 > TLOK B1

There is a difference between deus ex machina and the simple fact that the writers are the one who determine how the physics of a magical setting works. For example, you shouldn't respond to the ATLA finale with "BUT WE HAVEN'T VERIFIED THAT SPIRIT BENDING CAN TAKE POWERS AWAY NOR CAN BE LEARNED THAT QUICKLY AND ON THE FLY LIKE THAT" when it is happening right in front of you. You suspend disbelief. Deus ex machina is different. It's resolution that the writers seemingly came up with write before writing the ending. Korra turning into a giant spirit kaiju in Book 2 was deus ex machina. Aang being introduced to his means of defeating the Fire Lord without sacrificing his character in the finale was deus ex machina, albeit to a much lesser extent. The resolution of TLOK Book 1 was obviously premeditated as it was dependent on Korra not being able to airbend and her inability to airbend was a major part of the plot since the beginning.
>>
>>81484901
she is the one that opened the portals, causing S02/S03/S04.
>>
>>81485876
Didn't you know, anon? Diversity is a good thing. Spirit and humans living together is super diverse and therefore awesome.
>>
>>81485500
>Asllpull Resolution
>ATLA
1) as discussed before, energybending doesn't change anything in ATLA. Ozai was defeated before that by the avatar state, so it doesn't change anything in the show. There is no deus ex.

2) Since S02 we know that getting hit on that chakra/marma/pressure point will lock or unlock the avatar state. Getting hit there in the middle of a fight is hardly a stretch.

in LoK, however, Korra conflicts with statements and facts from ATLA, and even from LoK itself. Korra gets free airbending without any kind of change in mindset, a requirement in ATLA, and a teaching in LoK. She gets avatar state even considering that Aang had to unlock all the chakras to do that.
>>
>>81485876
there was going to be 2 more seasons anyway so
>>
>>81486081
Don't forget she gets airbending explicitly while her bending shouldn't work at all.
>>
>>81486208
There you go again, making up rules about bending that conflict with events.
>>
>>81486081
I just explained how deus ex machina worked. ATLA finale was more deus ex machina than the TLOK B1 finale.

>I was already explained why ATLA fianle wasn't deus ex machina, he won without spirit bending
I said how how Aang won while preserving his character by not having to kill Ozai. I chose my words carefully, Persian. I also said that it was a forgivable case of deus ex machina given the reason you stated. But it was still more deus ex machina. Autists are complaining about TLOK bending physics for who knows why. There is just as much new bending physics to complain about in ATLA finale.
>>
>>81486263
But it makes no sense. Amon magics bending to not work. All of her bending is disabled. Then she can airbend. It flat doesn't make sense. It'd be like a mage being silenced and then casting a spell they explicitly couldn't before.
>>
>>81486402
>I said how how Aang won while preserving his character by not having to kill Ozai
he only won without killing Ozai because he learned to control the avatar state. If he was just in a mindless rage, he would have killed him.

> a forgivable case of deus ex machina
it is not deus ex at all. It didn't save him from anything, and it was there beforehand. He always had avatar state.
>>
>>81486263
not him, but according to your logic Nothing can be an asspull. Not even deus ex jinora.
>>
>>81474694
>3rd Season of Korra was best season

That isn't saying a lot. It goes from complete shit to barely watchable, but it was still a chore to get through with plot holes all over the damn place.
>>
>>81473818
>Asspull ending
Asspull implies that some kind of thought, no matter how small or late it is, was put into the ending...
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.