[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Preacher Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: preacher.jpg (41 KB, 630x343) Image search: [Google]
preacher.jpg
41 KB, 630x343
So how badly are they going to fuck it up, /co/? What we already know:

>Tulip is black

>Jesse is a devoted man of faith

>Cassidy rarely wears his sunglasses

>The whole first season takes place in Texas

>They're introducing Odin Quincannon right away

>They're use of profanity is limited

>Arseface worships Jesse as a hero instead of his father

>There may be no John Wayne or Saint of Killers

What's even the point anymore
>>
File: i don't even.jpg (26 KB, 158x173) Image search: [Google]
i don't even.jpg
26 KB, 158x173
>>81430677
>What's even the point anymore
crush your dreams
>>
I mean it looks better than lucifer but that's not saying much.
>>
>>81430677
Fucking Seth Rogen is producing it. This should be your first sign of not to watch it
>>
>>81431755
I just looked that up. It's true. Goddamn.
>>
I honestly don't think there's a single part of Preacher where they couldn't translate it directly from comic to screen. It would all make for at least interesting viewing, if not compelling viewing at parts. With the types of things AMC routinely shows on Walking Dead, I can only think of Starr's genital woes as something they wouldn't want to *directly* show.

And yet, here they are, changing everything. A formula that we know works, and they're like, "well, fuck it."
>>
Saint of Killers is happening brah have faith
>>
File: rev__jesse_custer_by_opergeist.jpg (343 KB, 900x1453) Image search: [Google]
rev__jesse_custer_by_opergeist.jpg
343 KB, 900x1453
>>81432113
My faith is all gone.
>>
>>81431755
>>81431945

I'm not some Seth Rogen apologist, hell the only good movies he's ever been in are Pineapple Express and the Kung Fu Panda movies but him producing it doesnt mean it's doomed.

Maybe Seth is just a huge fan of the comic book series, him producing it could be a godsend if he's a honest fan that wants to try and produce a good adaption.
>>
>>81433955
>him producing it doesnt mean it's doomed.

It certainly doesn't help in my mind.
>>
>>81430677
Odin Quincannon and Grandma are the same character now

WHY THOUGH?
H
Y

T
H
O
U
G
H
?
>>
>No John Wayne

dropped
>>
>>81431755
He wants to do The Boys too
>>
>>81436794
This is definitely not true.
>>
>Tulip is black

honestly don't give a shit.

everything else is just ass though. why the fuck are they even bothering?
>>
>>81433955
>Maybe Seth is just a huge fan of the comic book series
Very very doubtful. I doubt he's even read.
>"Dohohoho dudes this is a comic book about a guy who fucks meat! Check this for season 1 material! Let's just cut all the other pointless shit."
>>
File: cap.jpg (27 KB, 672x568) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
27 KB, 672x568
>>81430677
>There may be no John Wayne or Saint of Killers
Are you fucking kidding me right now
>>
>>81430677
Not to mention arseface looks nothing like in the ops picture. They made him look too normal. I guess they thought the make up was the equivalent of a mask and they just have to show the actors face.
>>
>>81432054
This seriously boggles my mind sometimes, how detached producers and other content makers seem to be from humanity. Like, why would they possibly think any of that was a good idea? How could they not anticipate that people would react so badly to such severe changes from the source material? In the internet era, they have no excuse. Browsing a couple of forums (seriously no more effort than browsing the related 4chan board and subreddit or some shit) is all it takes to know what your intended audience thinks of a product, often with excellent suggestions on what to do and what not to do. So how do these disasters ever get made? How can no one, out of all the people involved in the production process not stop for one minute and consider, "Hey, this is kind of exactly the opposite of what we needed to be aiming for"?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.