[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best show of all time? >great character development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 127
File: Gravity-Falls.png (1 MB, 1040x612) Image search: [Google]
Gravity-Falls.png
1 MB, 1040x612
Is this the best show of all time?
>great character development
>Incredible revelations
>comedy gold
>killer music
??
>>
>>81271579

kek
>>
>>81271579
Not even close. It doesn't even hold the title of best Disney animated series.
>>
File: 4.jpg (88 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
88 KB, 500x375
>>81271778
>best Disney animated series
Gargoyles
>>
>>81271579
>people are going to take this post seriously
>>
Gravity falls is fucking shit. Kill yourself
>>
File: rf.gif (209 KB, 755x510) Image search: [Google]
rf.gif
209 KB, 755x510
What's the best AU by far and why is it Reverse Falls?
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 349x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 349x960
The better question:
What's better, Rick and Morty or Gravity Falls?
>>
>>81272442
Rick & Morty is funnier so R & M
>>
>>81272442
Define better
>>
Nah but it's pretty good.
>>81272442
>he bleeps out "God"
kek
>>
>>81272442
Rick and Morty by a wide margin.
>>
>>81271579
Way too mainstream for that.
>>
>>81272578
Which do you enjoy more and why. Maybe compare the writing style, the characterization.

Go wild, anon.
>>
>>81272578
More entertaining.
>>
As much I liked the show, I have to say that it got their cringey moments.
>>
>>81272622
Well they both shat the bed in season 2 but Rick and Morty still has a chance to redeem itself so I'll go with Rick and Morty
>>
>>81272442
I think they're both very good but I got more attached to Gravity Falls.
>>
>>81271579
It would be flawless if Mabel wasn't such a hypocritical cunt, and they didn't let dipper be a more alpha on the show. Alex is such a beta.
>>
>>81272866
And they let dipper be more of an alpha*
>>
File: 274858484.png (833 KB, 1280x1066) Image search: [Google]
274858484.png
833 KB, 1280x1066
>>81272244
>>
I would say Gargoyles and possibly Ducktales were better. GF is better than Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop. Probably better than WOY by a little, maybe a little better than SvtFoE so far but that isn't over yet. Hm. Probably better than Kim Possible. Not as funny as Phineas and Ferb.
>>
File: 1454097685549.png (440 KB, 650x980) Image search: [Google]
1454097685549.png
440 KB, 650x980
>>81271751
Pacifica was fine in the finale, it would be too out of the character for her to completely change like some of y'all were expecting
>>
File: 55369147_p0_master1200.jpg (106 KB, 416x470) Image search: [Google]
55369147_p0_master1200.jpg
106 KB, 416x470
>>81273464
>not making mai waifu the main character

Hack.
>>
Well, at least it's better than Loud House is looking so far. Jesus. I mean better incest bait.
>>
>>81272244
Reverse Falls has a neat concept but it puts way too much focus on the twins' evil counterparts instead of developing the other characters' alternate selves.
>>
>>81273344
Wander Over Yonder is a much better cartoon than Gravity Falls. At least it's series finale isn't going to be a hastily put together mess.
>>
>>81271579
You can't be serious.
>>
>>81272442
Alex actually said that shit? If so, that's pathetic
>>
>>81274495
Of course he didn't.
>>
>>81274320
People get distracted by Reverse Mabel's legs.

Too bad since Reverse Paz is so cute.
>>
File: dipper.png (144 KB, 764x430) Image search: [Google]
dipper.png
144 KB, 764x430
>>81274440
>Wander Over Yonder is a much better cartoon than Gravity Falls
>>
>>81274440
I like WOY a lot but it's all over the place. GF has serious problems but it's been better overall so far.
>>
>>81276284
What's so great about a set of legs?
>>
>>81271778
fucking star fag
>>
Well

I give up on life.

Tumblr got their wish, fucking steven universe has gotten renewed through SEASON 5

Steven Universe generals are going to be around for fucking YEARS longer than we expected.

And we're already dead with a few little threads every now and then.

We'll be gone before SU drops the generals for real instead of just a hiatus.

I'm fucking done, Tumblr's going to freak the fuck out and overshadow everything.
>>
>>81279021
>Steven Universe getting 156 episodes minimum
>we got 40
>>
>>81279021
Boo fucking hoo.
>>
File: 3 (2).png (572 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
3 (2).png
572 KB, 1366x768
>>81279191
hey shug
>>
I would've forgiven every blunder, every cringe, and ever mabel bullshit moment the show/alex has ever pulled in it's history, all the rushed stuff and everything, if Stan had just lost his memories or yea, died, but as seen in the finale, it wasn't needed because loosing his memories would've been emotional enough

The bullshit excuse "Mabel and Dipper don't deserve to be punished" was either from disney not letting him have a downer ending or because he couldn't pull it off.

Like, why not have them get home and get a call (and hey, a callback to the "just their arms" technique of the parents) and they hear Stan got his memories back in some vague or one-line thing before a smile happened? Like "hey there (real name of dipper)" or something.

You know what? That's a fucking better ending, it would just have to be written still good for the goodbye scene, something that still felt genuine but of course bittersweet.
>>
Does anyone know where the pic where a drawfriend drew several sketches, like Dipper getting hypnotized by glitter, Dipper wearing a sweater, and Dipper wrapped in a blanket while saying "So Warm" is?
>>
>>81280027
Stan keeping his memories lost could've been something to go in the animation history articles on those retarded websites for "saddest cartoon moments" and "still can't believe this" stuff.

Seriously, Alex could've had a Jurassic Bark ranking or higher.
>>
Reminder there are people out there that think a 3rd season would be milking the show and dragging it on too long
>>
>>81272442
Rick and Morty didn't shit the bed its second season.
>>
>that interview where Alex said "This isn't some little kids cartoon, babies, people are going to DIE, get ready to cry your eyes out kids!"
just... dude come the fuck on

in the end he REALLY couldn't see how we thought Stan or Ford were going to die? We weren't being edgy, a lot of people honestly believed Alex was giving out this shit for that.

Like that Geekdad post where he said people who thought someone was going to die was stupid, and "are you even watching the same show?" and "this isn't anime"

Like holy shit, that plus the bullshit "wha?? how did you guys ever come to the conclusion someone was going to die? this is a kids show!" response is absolutely nuclear levels of retardation.
>>
>>81276357
At least WOY has three dimensional characters and well developed relationships. Which is more than I can say about GF.
>>
>>81280233
It was already shit.

>>81280335
Atleast the hater x dominator bullshit didn't go on for more than one chapter, plus dominator isn't just a love interest, she was literally thought to be a dude until the 2nd chapter / arc of the season, and is actually just destroying planets.

Bill just wanted to frat boy or something / wendy was just a love interest

WOY got 2 things right, the only love interest really at all in the show and it was done short and in a mini-arc, dominator is a better Bill.
>>
>>81280233

Nice meme.

>What is Interdimensional Cable 2?
>>
>>81271579
>>great character development
Oh please.
>>Incredible revelations
Should be singular. It was pretty good though.
>>comedy gold
It's funnier than most plot-oriented cartoons, I'll give you that.
>>killer music
Unmemorable most of the time.

Even if that was all true do you actually think it's enough for it to be the best show of all time?
>>
>>81272442

Rick and Morty had one good season. Gravity Falls had one and a half good seasons. Therefore, Gravity Falls is better.
>>
File: Litteraly You Right Now.gif (498 KB, 505x280) Image search: [Google]
Litteraly You Right Now.gif
498 KB, 505x280
>Gravity Falls
>better than Star Vs FOE
>>
It started out great and then by the end went to pure shit. The ending and eps around it are so terrible that they basically destroyed the series.
>>
>>81271579
sometimes only exists in the course of one or two episodes, and then in the next episode they completely forgot about it
>incredible revelations
the buildup was fantastic until NWHS, but the payoff was rushed and underwhelming
>comedy gold
this show actually really funny in the first season when the jokes comes off natural and character-driven compare to later season where the jokes become more sitcom-based with meta jokes, references etc.
>killer music
can't argue with that, Brad Breeck rules. But the rock version of GF theme used in robot fight is kinda retarded
>>
>>81280591
you arent even doing it right dipshit
>>
>>81280474
Come on now. The first season wasn't that bad.
>>
>>81279021
SU deserves it more to be perfectly honest, good for them. Fuck Alex.
>>
>>81281561
>>81281677
I'm not saying GF deserved 5 seasons, just one more, Alex ran the fuck off because he couldn't deal with being a creator.
>>
>>81281677
It's a two-panel comic I drew on a notebook back in high school. The first panel has two stick figures, side-by-side. The second panel is the same, except one of the stick figures has moved slightly to the right. If I had to guess the fate of that piece of paper, it's currently crumpled up into a ball on a dump somewhere in Idaho.

Still more dignified than the Gravity Falls finale.
>>
>>81280600
This
>>
>>81281677
Currently working on it faggot.
>>
its so nice that they gave a cartoon to a guy who pisses in his office trashcan so often they had to hire a new cleaning staff
>>
>>81280415
Shit you're right, well, kind of.

Gravity Falls had more porentional, but it built and built and then...poof, nothing. Ford is nothing, the twins' conflict is nothing, Wendy is nothing, Pacifica's development meant nothing.
>>
>>81271579
>Is this the best show of all time?
Pretty much.
>>
>>81282297
Hey when ya gotta go ya gotta go.
>>
>>81282297
What?
>>
File: tumblr_nhbz08FA3e1qdxi7no2_1280.png (310 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhbz08FA3e1qdxi7no2_1280.png
310 KB, 1000x1000
Bait thread.
>>
It needed three seasons and a movie to feel properly completed. Hell, maybe they do the movie 15 years from now ala this belated Hey Arnold thing.
>>
Can somebody explain the appeal of this show to me? I thought it was OK, but maybe a 5 or a 6 out of 10. I don't get entirely why it's so popular. Here's my main issue with the show.
>Really no character development I can think of off the top of my head. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me. To me, it seems like every character was the exact same from beginning to end. Pacifica started to get some development, but was completely reverted back in her next episode.
>A couple of jokes were alright here and there, but most were terrible. The worst one that comes to my mind was the one where Mable's friend with the deep voice starts punching herself in the gut and saying "stop feeling emotions". Who the fuck finds jokes like that funny? It's Big Bang Theory levels of bad.
>Mable/Dipper's crush of the week being like half the fucking episodes. The show was basically a romantic comedy.
>Besides the theme song, I can't remember a single tune from the show.
>So many characters were downright unlikeable. Dipper was a beta jackass. Mable was a braindead moron who only cared about herself. Those two cops were assholes.
>Some characters had personality traits that were a bit too extreme. Seuss was too stupid and it ruined his character. Pacifica was too smug and it had pretty much no redeeming qualities because of it. Mable was LOL XD SO RANDUM that I ended up hating her character after 3 episodes. The only one who kind of worked was Stan, he was greedy, but his greed wasn't his entire character, unlike the shows other characters.
>The main plot started out cool, that is when they weren't doing filler episodes, but then in like the last 10 or so episodes it felt like they pumped the plot into overdrive and ended it abruptly. It went from being slowly revealed to exposition overload to ending. The pacing was crap.
>The ending where Stan got his memory back was a massive copout.
Am I wrong about any of these flaws? Because all these added up and I didn't entirely enjoy watching it.
>>
>>81286518
The only thing I disagree with you about is the humor. Yeah, it had some seriously low-effort jokes, but nothing that stuck out as bad, and it had some great ones as well. The comedy is what made the show tolerable even at its lowest points. Other than that you're pretty much spot-on and you're going to get a lot of shit for it.
>>
>>81286518
I enjoyed the show fine but no, I pretty much agree. I liked the humor a bit more than you I think. Mostly.

I especially got sick of the crush plot filler episodes. Boring.
>>
It was impressive for a freshman effort by its creator but it did need more fine-tuning and also the three seasons he originally planned for.
>>
>>81286934
Judging from this thread, it needed more than a little fine-tuning.
>>
>>81286518
This is just a subjective taste thing but I tried getting into the show a few times at first and really couldn't care much, even though I didn't dislike it. What started me watching was when the Internet started going on about the Giffany episode and the first two Bill episodes, and I watched some clips from those, and really liked the humor. They felt a bit off kilter and I enjoyed them in the sort of way I enjoy R & M. There were other humor bits in the show I liked a lot too, especially with Stan, but maybe not as much as I'd hoped after seeing those. I think the biggest comedy let down for me was the Dungeons and Dragons episode. There was one joke I loved but the rest of the episode was meh I thought.
>>
>>81287052
Nah, it needed 3 seasons to properly resolve the plot and maybe a little less pointless romance episodes. The super-asshurt people like >>81286518 are just mad that their favorite ship didn't become canon.
>>
File: Forest_Warrior_FilmPoster.jpg (36 KB, 300x441) Image search: [Google]
Forest_Warrior_FilmPoster.jpg
36 KB, 300x441
>>81271579
I bet this show is influenced by Stand by Me and Forest Warrior.
>>
>>81287172
>The super-asshurt people like >>81286518 are just mad that their favorite ship didn't become canon.
Amazing how this is the only "defense" people can offer for this show nowadays.
>>
>>81271579
No. There is no objective best show because taste in shows is absolutely subjective
It is a well made show and happens to be a favorite of mine but it cettainly has its flaws
>>
>>81287341
Admit it, dude.

WAHHH THAT MEANIE ALEX. WHY DIDN'T HE MAKE MABEL AND CANDY LEZ OUT LIKE ON MY DEVIANTART PICS. THAT MEAN POOPYHEAD. I HATE THIS SHOW!!!
>>
>>81287542
>n-no one actually has a valid reason to dislike my shit show, right?

Grow the fuck up.
>>
File: 1456112443017.png (487 KB, 349x960) Image search: [Google]
1456112443017.png
487 KB, 349x960
>>81272442
>>
Do you know how many times Alex had autists on his Twitter asking inane shipping questions over and over instead of the storyline or plot?
>>
>>81287341
I think the show doesn't need a defense really, it's not as good or as bad as some people think. It did end a season shorter then it probably should have, and S1 had too much filler while 2B was rushed, but whether that's better or worse than them dragging it out for years like a lot of cartoons is for you to decide.

Sort of separate from the show, there are a few characters and ships, and a few other elements of the show, that ticked fandom's boxes so it gets overrepresented in a few places online, which gets on some people's nerves.
>>
As the manlet originally planned, the show would have three seasons each spanning one month of the summer. He wussed out though and tried to shoehorn everything into two seasons.
>>
>>81287542

Come on man, this post is just crazy and idiotic.

Absolutely no one ships Mabel and Candy.
>>
File: 1440711696656.png (317 KB, 729x1152) Image search: [Google]
1440711696656.png
317 KB, 729x1152
>>81273046
>that reverse mabel
>>
>>81287906
Somebody out there probably does.
>>
>>81283049
I think a big part of that is the fact that the core of the show is very derivative, just playing with monster/mystery conventions & concepts that are very familiar to most people. And sure we get some fun character stuff, but only if it fits conveniently with the goofy fantasy plots.

When that's the central thrust of the show, it's probably hard for the writers to put their hearts into a really fresh and memorable character arc.
>>
>>81288616
What's funny is it's still more than I used to expect from a kids' cartoon, but the first Avatar series spoiled me, so I thought I might get something along those lines at one point. But it wasn't that kind of show.
>>
>>81287172
I agree. Alex really poured his heart and soul into this thing, worked long hours, stayed up all night, had to contend with idiots who had no interest in any part of the show except imagining underage characters fucking, had to contend with Disney censorship. I'd say even with the show's flaws, he did a commendable job.
>>
I think I like EfR better than WM
>>
>>81286518
>>Really no character development I can think of off the top of my head.
Dipper got a stupid amount of development, so much so that it took away time/episodes from which the writers could have been developing Mabel's character. They likely would have still retconed any development in following episodes, but it wouldn't have hurt to try.
>A couple of jokes were alright here and there, but most were terrible.
Yeah, not gonna disagree with you here. A lot of the jokes were terrible.
>Mable/Dipper's crush of the week being
Agreed.They should have sunk WenDip quick and then never have touched on it again. Mabel should have more or less grown out of her boy crazy phase by the end.
>>Besides the theme song, I can't remember a single tune from the show.
The score from NWHS is amazing. The soundtrack as a whole is great.
>So many characters were downright unlikeable. Dipper was a beta jackass.
Que? Dipper is the best young boy protagonist in a cartoon since forever.
>Mable was a braindead moron who only cared about herself.
To quote Alex Hirsch: "Mabel's the key to all of this.. if we get Mabel working........ 'cause she's a funnier character than we've ever had."
>Those two cops were assholes.
Nigga what? They were great
>Some characters had personality traits that were a bit too extreme.
Pretty much agreed here.
>The pacing was crap.
Yep. It would have benefited tremendously from a third season.
>The ending where Stan got his memory back was a massive copout.
Yep.

You're on point on a lot of things and I mostly agree with you.
>>
>>81289438
>cause she's a funnier character than we've ever had
That only comes to prove that Hirsch has a terrible sense of humor.
>>
>>81273046
I want her to tie me up with her magic and run her hands through my hair while whispering terrible things in my ear.
>>
>>81289556
Who do you think is the funniest GF character?
>>
>>81289556

Are you seriously this new?
>>
>>81289556
>actually thinking I'm quoting Hirsch
Wow, I didn't think that would work
>>
>>81289587
Your mom probably.
>>
File: tumblr_o4uvgpCSuz1qa2r95o3_1280.jpg (487 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4uvgpCSuz1qa2r95o3_1280.jpg
487 KB, 1280x960
certain people here will be very happy
>>
>>81289293
Alex, please go.
>>
>>81286518
>Pacifica started to get some development, but was completely reverted back in her next episode

To be fair, it's not like Alex ever intended her to be anything but a one-note joke, it's just that her popularity with fans ended up being bigger than he expected, so he then threw them a bone with NWMM and afterwards pretended as if that episode never happened.

The truth is, he never wanted to seriously do a Padippica ship and in fact his whole game all along was forcing his asinine Lauren Faust crush down the viewer's throat (literally 40% of Season 1 was wasted on that nonsense).
>>
>>81289587
Stan definitely, sometimes Bill.
>>
>>81289773
Really? 'Cos I heard that Pacifica was based on a HS girlfriend and Candy was the character that ended up getting a creepy amount of fan adulation and she was really based on a girl that stalked him at a con.
>>
>>81289584
:^) could do
>>
>>81289776
That's fair, it's either Mabel or Stan for me.

Why Bill, if I may ask
>>
>>81289667
wait is this spoilers I actually ordered this book
>>
>>81289667
The fuck

Spoilers
>>
>>81289911
>>81289928
It's just one of the possible dragon related endings I suppose. I mean, at least a couple were bound to not go well, right?

Alex himself just said it's mostly non canon but with one big mystery
>>
>>81289865
Dunno who told you that, but it's bull. Since when was Candy ever shown in a creepy or negative light?
>>
>>81289980
>Alex himself just said it's mostly non canon but with one big mystery
I really hope it involves Bill Cipher's home dimension. That shit is fascinating
>>
>>81289998
Yeah, I was thinking it could be that, Stan's adventures, the space ship or the GF natives.
>>
>>81289890
I like humor that's sort of surreal so just casually mentioning conspiracy theories like needing to buy gold or, "Hey Soos, wanna know the exact time and date of your death?" made me laugh.

Although unlike a lot of other people I usually find Mabel pretty funny too, there are times when I feel the same way I do about Ralph Wiggum though, I find him really funny too but a lot of him at once can be tiring.

Actually I forgot to mention Soos. He's really funny too, and I also find he makes me laugh more when I'm not say marathoning the show.
>>
The show can be seen as amazing if you understand that Mabel is the true villain and watch it as a psychological thriller. And since the villain wins in the end it leaves you shocked and full of sadness.
>>
Eh, I think they could have found a better VA for Dipper. He sounded like a 30 year old man, not a 12 year old child.
>>
>>81289987
>Since when was Candy ever shown in a creepy or negative light?
didn't she duct tape herself to the ceiling to watch Dipper sleep in one episode?
>>
>>81290116
>Thinking he's unique by pointing this out
>>
>>81290078
But it'll probably be about what Blendin was doing in WM or his cameo in Gideon Rises, probably the same thing actually

>>81290083
I agree with the Soos bit, actually, spot on. Was just rewatching the full WM sequence few hours ago and that pistol sword bit cracked me up, but it didn't in other marathons or in the premiere

>>81290086
>it's a Kaziklu posting about Mabel episode
>>
>>81290086
This is exactly how I felt. This is true, Mabel is the villain
>>
>>81290157
That sort of plays into the notion that she was based on a stalker girl...
>>
>>81289865

I've heard the rumor about Candy being based on a con girl but it could be bullshit because I've never seen anything to back it up. Fan adulation wise, of the female cast Pacifica is overwhelmingly the fan Ensemble Dark horse (male side being Bill). Alex was aware of her crazy runaway popularity and that's probably why we got her mini-redemption arc.

I don't think fans dislike Candy or anything but I don't see a lot of people who have her as a particular favorite either.
>>
It build up wonderfully until the author's return then it built down horribly to Bill's lame-ass doomsday.
>>
Thanks, Tara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur4y12RXylQ&feature=youtu.be&t=9
>>
>>81279151
They're only half as long though
>>
File: 123.png (161 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
123.png
161 KB, 325x325
>>81271579
Is this the worst bait of all time?
>blatant lie
>blatant lie
>blatant lie
>blatant lie
>>
>>81290175

Would you prefer my 18+ episode involving children and livestock?

I stand by my opinion. Mabel was the true villain of the show, and if you watch it from beginning to end with this in mind it just makes sense. The only reason why Mabel is so happy go lucky is because Dipper is firmly in her grasp, and she knows he'll pick up all her slack and be glad to do so - because she has ruined him utterly.

You have no idea how deeply I believe this to be true. I cannot watch the show because I'm creeped the fuck out and believe that Mabel has done terrible things to Dipper behind closed doors since they were toddlers.

>>81290187

And let us never fail to call out bullshit like this.
>>
File: S1e16_candy_falls_down.png (1 MB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
S1e16_candy_falls_down.png
1 MB, 1280x718
>>81290223
>I've heard the rumor about Candy being based on a con girl but it could be bullshit because I've never seen anything to back it up

This is probably the closest we have.
>>
File: 1440221433712.gif (3 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1440221433712.gif
3 MB, 500x280
>>81271820
Or Tron: Uprising.
>>
File: 1454255955587.jpg (12 KB, 317x267) Image search: [Google]
1454255955587.jpg
12 KB, 317x267
Holy shit, the Mabel hate meme actually bred fags who truly believe in it
>>
>>81290333
>You have no idea how deeply I believe this to be true
I actually do, and I'm very sorry.
>>
>>81290268
I felt like the build up in DaMvtF was just great though, not just in terms of plot but emotionally. I remember with the conflict with the twins finally happening, Mabel running off into the woods and that swelling music and the blood red lighting, I knew shit was about to get real. And then it did, everything went to hell, and the screaming and the helicopters and the sky ripping in half, I was so pumped.

And then, well...

I think cartoon wise that might be the most let down I've been.
>>
>>81290393
How do you feel about Weirdmageddon Part 1?
>>
>>81290369

Bullshit. It's not a meme. I spoke of it the moment the finale was out and many share the same opinion.

>>81290382

Spotted the cuck.
>>
>>81290393

Remember this?
>>
>>81290433
I didn't really have an issue with the first part, although I felt like it lost momentum at some point. Mostly, things like scaling back the apocalypse to just the town, Bill just sitting around, and especially there being no emotional fallout to Dipper and Mabel's confrontation or Mabel's role in opening the rift lowered the stakes so much I felt like the show was just treading water.

I remember at the very beginning of WP1 one when Bill locks Mabel in a bubble with the symbol my heart was pounding, I thought Bill was going to catch all the zodiac to cause some bad shit, it was the kind of rush you get during a really good popcorn movie especially during a chase scene or something. But slowly after that, things seemed less and less dire and it faded.
>>
I agree with >>81290393
DMvsTF's ending was intense. Just think about the turn of events where Dipper becomes euphoric by Ford's proposal to become his apprentice and how close they become at the end of the scene with the spaceship crash. Dipper LOVED the idea, he had FUN and for once he felt sure of himself (symbolically appeared "bigger" in his reflection on the spaceship as his "flaw (the birthmark on his forehead) finally stood for being 'not like the other kids in his age' in a good way).

Dipper at the end of DMvsTF developed characteristically. And he was happy and proud about it.

Mabel deciding to run away was incredible also.

What really ruined Weirdmaggeddon for me is the fact Dipper just "gave up" on such opportunity to be a literal genius' pupil because Mabel wanted him stuck with her to "see how she grows as a teenager"
>>
>>81290503
That was awesome. Probably the darkest ending to a kids' show episode for a while and really nicely and simply done artistically, too.
>>
>>81290615

>"see how she grows as a teenager"

Judging from what we've seen, she'll go full whore.

>>81290697

Yup, it was amazing.
>>
>>81290615
That did suck, at least the way it played out. Dipper just went, "Oh well, fuck that idea, I guess," with no exploration or build up after being so happy about it. I mean, I do think he could have arrived at that conclusion in a way that made sense, and I don't hate Mabel like a lot of people here do, but honestly the show didn't go into it and the resolution was bad. Also Mabel did come across as more selfish in that episode than I think she usually does or should have. I don't think it was the intent, it was the execution.
>>
>>81290393
Sorry because I know I'm beating a dead horse here by the way, but I did want to say aalso that as obnoxious as the "whose fault was it" debates got here, I actually do think that's the kind of audience engagement and debates that art strives to inspire. There were a lot of issues at play there, like Ford endangering Dipper and him and Dipper keeping secrets, Mabel giving away something that wasn't hers and trying to freeze time, the way Stan and his brother's strained relationship and the secrets he'd been keeping played into all of this. But none of that ended up coming up on the show itself.
>>
>>81289773
>To be fair, it's not like Alex ever intended her to be anything but a one-note joke
That shouldn't really matter though. A cartoon show is a very big group effort with creative thought by a lot of different people. If one of the other writers gives a secondary character some good development, it deserves to become a consistent part of the show.

If Alex wanted absolute creative control, he should've made it as a comic all by himself.
>>
>>81290157
>>81290344
I'm pretty sure the duct tape thing was just a wacky joke to show that the girls had a crazy party the girls had.
It's from that time Dipper was sleeping outside; if Candy was watching Dipper, they would've put her right by the window instead of on the ceiling.
>>
>>81291304
*what a crazy party the girls had.
>>
>>81289884
You should draw your very attractive Reverse Mabel in one of those hot domme outfits that supports but exposes the boobs sometime. :3
>>
>>81291390
Oh boy I sure love bdsm . I might actually do this lol
>>
Looking back on it, this series felt like it was someone's sincere creative vision while it was running. But in the end, all the mystery, all the hints that something really clever & inspired lay at the end, it all just fizzled out. Like everything compelling about the show was just a cheap trick, just to pull in ratings without ever planning to reward the audience.

What really bugs me is, they could've just made GF as a jokey show, no hooplah about lore or a mystery with an amazing payoff. Jokey shows get solid ratings and viewership (even on Disney; look at Phineas & Ferb), but instead they dressed GF like something that it wasn't. It's a crappy thing to do.
>>
>>81280039
Not sure, anon. Anyone know where?
>>
>>81292548
I think it's more likely there was a bigger plan but stress and burnout behind the scenes curtailed some things in the end. It was a fun enough little show though.
>>
What do you think would happen if something happened to Dipper where his mind is stuck in that he has the mind of his 12 year old self as he grows older?
>>
File: rf.jpg (113 KB, 500x806) Image search: [Google]
rf.jpg
113 KB, 500x806
>>81278336
>What's so great about a set of legs?

It's mostly that Reverse Mabel's stage leotard is a miracle of the Universe.
>>
File: 7458484594.jpg (231 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
7458484594.jpg
231 KB, 1280x853
>>
File: 35853858.png (668 KB, 1112x1600) Image search: [Google]
35853858.png
668 KB, 1112x1600
>>
>>81271579
maximum_overbait.png
>>
File: 3846946964490.jpg (90 KB, 640x782) Image search: [Google]
3846946964490.jpg
90 KB, 640x782
>>
>>81292797
she looks like a messed up centaur

>>81292781
This one is pretty nice though
>>
File: CeAnhNkUsAAc_AM.png (501 KB, 600x954) Image search: [Google]
CeAnhNkUsAAc_AM.png
501 KB, 600x954
>>
File: CeAm-NXUsAErqsO.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CeAm-NXUsAErqsO.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
>>81292818

Some people do go a little nuts with her legs. Also

>tfw no evil telepathic domme sister gf with a pet demon to torment and excite you
>>
>>81292837
The legs are actually pretty good, but the way her torso is drawn and the nature of the clothing piece makes it look like that black bit is not really her upper body.
>>
File: gfchubupdatedendgame.png (971 KB, 1208x898) Image search: [Google]
gfchubupdatedendgame.png
971 KB, 1208x898
>>81271579
>hot chubby guys in a cartoon

Alex is a closet chubby chaser
>>
File: science.png (204 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
science.png
204 KB, 1200x800
>>81288104

Maybe somebody somewhere.

It's a big world after all.
>>
File: 1459095812556.png (30 KB, 287x333) Image search: [Google]
1459095812556.png
30 KB, 287x333
>>81293006

Oh oops forgot to include the data from South Korea sorry but you get the point.
>>
>>81291065
I'm not sure if it was someone else on the writing team who spearheaded Pacifica's development though. It could have been Alex himself.
>>
>>81271579
Taking a step back, its flaws are pretty obvious. Too many pointless shipping episodes. Rushed resolution. Amusing humor, but the jokes are just asides for the most part. No hilarious concepts.
>>
>>81271579
>best show of all time
You either don't watch any real TV shows or you're severely retarded
>>
>>81292911
Sure were a lot of fat guys on that show
>>
>>81293504
What do you expect with all the free pizza?
>>
File: wander over yonder.png (1 MB, 1007x1462) Image search: [Google]
wander over yonder.png
1 MB, 1007x1462
>>81271778
We all know which show holds that title.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-31-07h46m50s341.png (874 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-31-07h46m50s341.png
874 KB, 1920x1080
>>81293585
remember that episode where weird al bananaman wore bill as a hat?
>>
>>81293214
Alex wants to be established her relationship between both of the twins, The Golf War to ends the rivalry with Mabel, NMM to develop her further and erase the tension from Dipper's POV considering he still hates her. Both of them did a great job just like what Alex intended to, people are only disappointed because Alex not decided to explore this newfound friendship further.
>>
>>81293585
That image makes me cringe but it's mostly if not all true.

Wander was the better spongebob from the beginning, I don't mean that as in jokes, I mean Wander as a character was the better spongebob as a character. He truly wanted to help everyone and had conflicted moments of his own when he couldn't help everyone.

He's a great guy.
Spongebob's just nice, until after season 3 where when he cried it was a "cry baby" joke and it was mostly to annoy everyone.

Atleast when Wander cries it's genuine.
>>
>>81293893
>Atleast when Wander cries it's genuine.
this
it's also the case with Mabel, she has only cried once or twice out of the multiple times of doing so and it feel genuine or make you feel bad for her unless you're a retard that watches SU and any instance of crying makes your heart ache

Mabel was supposed to be the Wander/Spongebob character, happy-go-lucky and all that, trying to be positive and random, but fun to be around, and when she was sad it was supposed to be this devastating moment

they really fucked that up

good job alex, fucking up the rushed aspect of the lore and mystery and fall back on "it's about the characters" and fuck that up to

fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck

>>81293630
It's funny because he also played bananaman on adventure time
>>
File: finish.png (1 MB, 1013x1920) Image search: [Google]
finish.png
1 MB, 1013x1920
So is this the new (or old) GF thread?

Also, still working on that project, pic not related, it's the black and white thing.

It shouldn't take too long, it's mostly still images but there will be animation in there.

My laptop is breaking and falling apart, I'm wary of continuing until my new laptop arrives sometime next week (hopefully I'll be able to move all my files over swiftly, and hopefully it won't be too drastic of a change of systems, this is a 2009 laptop, i'm pretty outdated)

Anyway, I promise I'll have that done before next month is over if things look up.
>>
>>81293585
> wander over yonder
> 3 dimensional

Oh come on. Dominator literally said she destroys planets cause she can. She has no motives, no depth whatsoever.
>>
>>81295619
We don't know that, she just was talking about how fun it was and that the part of her day she loves was seeing people cry.

There's usually always some motive or something as to why people are dark and twisted. We still have the finale.
>>
File: 1410693810106.jpg (30 KB, 309x314) Image search: [Google]
1410693810106.jpg
30 KB, 309x314
>>81272244
Can someone explain to me this obsession with Reverse Falls and general AU's? I see them everywhere and it's more annoying than entertaining.
>>
>>81287309
Do you know what Twin Peaks is? Or the X Files?
>>
>>81296143
Some folks are suckers for the mirror universe cliche where good and bad are reversed.
>>
>>81296407
I can get that, but the obsession is just insane. Makes me not want to look at fan works for like a year or 2 until it calms down and people forget about it for the next new hotness.

Also these threads have become unbearable to even scroll through.
>>
>>81295332
Fucking nice
>>
>>81271579
Forgot

>Shitty "mystery"
>>
>>81296521
Why does it bother you so much?

The last thread was pretty good, this one is regular, I guess.
>>
>>81296554
Stop putting shit in spoilers you faggots
>>
Not sure how long it's been but pages from the book are up (the time travel story one, not the journal)
http://fuckyeahgravityfalls.com/post/141996825535
First thing I noticed was the Alphaville reference, good song.
>>
>>81296572
I just used it to make it clear what I was addressing with that sentence, pretty practical if you ask me
>>
File: 55811989_p0.jpg (156 KB, 960x1400) Image search: [Google]
55811989_p0.jpg
156 KB, 960x1400
>>81296554
It's overbearing to any other content. If I'm looking through fan art, I like to see a variety of things from Stancest to Mabel doing cute things with everyone.That variety is taken away when 1 piece of content overtakes everything and anything that doesn't fit into the trend gets pushed to the far corners of the site.

With time, that trend dies and the other content can make a comback. It's more of an annoyance in the now really.

>>81296572
You're not the boss of me now
>>
>>81296659
>that last thing
was that a fucking reference
>>
File: 1459142704185.jpg (16 KB, 171x147) Image search: [Google]
1459142704185.jpg
16 KB, 171x147
>>81271579
>killer music
I bet you can't name one soundtrack
>>
>Posting in a bait thread
>>
>>81296143
I do wonder about that a little actually. There are AUs in everything but GF does seem to have more of a focus on them than the usual thing.

I don't really mind them it's just weird.
>>
>>81296727
What kind of post is that? Naming soundtracks? Either of a movie, band, or of the show? It's easy to do any.
>>
>>81296659
Well, then you could use search engines, right? Or tags and shit. Don't know if you're using tumblr, deviant, vk, pixiv or what but I'd say all have those functions.

And is RF really a trend of now? Seems to be pretty popular for a ton of time now

>>81296727
That's because there's none

Other than the barely official excerpts, that are hardly named like Gnome Chase and shit. That's excluding the in plot songs, like Stan Wrong Song, Pig and a Goat, Lamby Dance
I
Good bait though
>>
>>81296911
Tags don't mean a thing when whatever you search for gets lumped in with everything else regardless.
>>
>>81296850
Oh and for RF I blame the popularity on Mabel being really really fuckable but I just meant AUs seem big in GF fandom in general. Though maybe it is like that for every fandom.
>>
File: latest[1].gif (546 KB, 230x199) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].gif
546 KB, 230x199
Literally nothing wrong
>>
File: image.png (142 KB, 421x320) Image search: [Google]
image.png
142 KB, 421x320
>>81280180
>O...One for every month of summer...
>>
>>81296957
Do people do that? Like spam tags so they show up in every thing remotely related? That's when moderation should work desu

I'd try the booru then
>>
>>81296957
kek. That big Bill and Dipper fan site on vk.com is one of the best for that because they always tag AUs. And despite the site's topic they have just general Gravity Falls fan art from everywhere with the most thorough image tags. It's funny.
>>
>>81297036
She died for your sins.
>>
>>81281135
>rock version of opening

It actually gave me chills aha
>>
I'm about to start Weirdmageddon and I still don't get why people don't like the second part of the second season, been great so far

was the ending "disappointing" somehow? because other episodes post-Ford reveal have been on par with the rest of the series
>>
File: 1456182588775.gif (2 MB, 606x525) Image search: [Google]
1456182588775.gif
2 MB, 606x525
>>81271579
That's not Wander Over Yonder
>>
>>81297137
WOY should have introduced its top notch waifu sooner maybe it would have gotten a Season 3.
>>
File: Lord Dom.png (391 KB, 847x649) Image search: [Google]
Lord Dom.png
391 KB, 847x649
>>81297194
Did season 2 do better than season 1 in ratings?
>>
Wander has actually had me close to that tearing up feeling when something nice happens, like, it's the closest cartoons will get to having someone be nice and helpful but not annoying about it to an extent.

Spongebob never did that for me.
>>
>>81297379
Not even when Spongebob and Patrick finally admitted their feelings for each other
>>
>>81297122
The hate comes from hiatus + non plot relevant episodes, at least most of the time. I too think those episodes are pretty good, they have the same S1 feeling.

That and some people, specially here, are grumpy as fuck

And to answer your question, sort of. The ending itself is 7/10 at least for most fans, but it could have easily been 10/10.
>>
>>81297523
I don't think you got what I was saying, unless you're just making a joke without relating. (Yea I know what you're saying is a joke)

But I don't think Spongebob ever had a kind moment like Wander does often.
>>
File: 1453509675818.jpg (50 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
1453509675818.jpg
50 KB, 500x422
>>81271579
>RED. CARTOON. PO0SI.
>>
Can't we just let this thread die since it's obvious bait that'll attract more shitposters than usual.
>>
>>81299438
>tfw Wendy will never be this thick
>>
>>81299588
That Smash guy seems to want to keep pumping the GF dick until it's run dry. Wouldn't mind if it were several anons who couldn't let go but nope.
>>
>>81299588
Haven't thought about it, that's a good idea

>>81299649
Not saying you're wrong about me not wanting to let go, but I'm hardly the only one who feels that way
>>
>>81292742
This
>>
>>81299649
Why don't you just fuck off?
>>
>>81299649
That's kind of hot.
>>
>>81299649
I am not Smash and I would love for this thread to continue.

Also what does progress pics mean?
>>
>>81299649
There were a lot of other posters in the thread and there was a little bit of good discussion, also about Wander Over Yonder.

It's always easy to ignore threads you don't like...
>>
Dipper getting caught in a sleepover with Mabel, Candy, and Grenda where by the time they fall asleep, Dipper thinks and acts like Mabel (without hypnosis)
>>
>>81300683
I actually don't know either. I always thought it was those fat to thin shit.
>>
Dipper starts to think and act like Mabel not because of hypnosis, but because he has problems. Mabel hypnotizes herself to act and think like someone who doesn't want to kill herself.
>>
One of my favorite cartoons of all time.
I just love Dipper!
>>
>>81301068
It has evolved
>>
Ford hypnotizes Bill to think and act like Carl Sagan.
>>
>>81271579
nah, the finale was shit.
>rushed
>inconclusive
>no pacing
>>
>>81300961
>>81300683
>The Smash Experience, coming to /gfg/ next thread
>>
>>81301164
The most notable aspects of rushed scenes where the ones where something would pan over super fast or change a scene right after someone was talking.

Like the whole Group Huddle moment in the beginning

>gets in huddle, there was supposed to be a breather but the camera immediately panned over to Stan and before the huddle was even off screen Soos yelled "DONT WORRY FORD WE'RE COMING FOR YOU" while obviously still being in the huddle
>>
>>81300961
Funny, that's exactly Smash's response.

Also, that's basically what it is, retard. PROGRESS. PICTURES.

If you understand what PROGRESS means, and what PICTURES are, what the fuck is your damage.
>>
>>81301200
Pretty good experience if you ask me
>>
>>81301257
Some of the drawing and animation errors are hilarious, like the one where that background girl is slumped over dead draped over the railing.
>>
File: kiddos.png (613 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
kiddos.png
613 KB, 1000x1400
But what if Ford and Bill had a million babies?
>>
>>81301298
I think that guy copied my reply at the time exactly, actually.

>>81301314
Mabel landing in Bill's castle in Take Back the Falls is laughably terrible
>>
>>81300958
What did they do to make Dipper go from his regular self to being a Mabel clone?
>>
>>81301435
Gang rape.
>>
Mabel hypnotizing the entire Mystery Shack crew to think and act like her
>>
File: S2e2_dipper_mouth_error.png (954 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
S2e2_dipper_mouth_error.png
954 KB, 1280x720
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
Is this the best shota of all time?
>Dipper's feet
>Dipper's cheeks
>Disco Girl coming through
>that girl is you
??
>>
>>81279021
steven universe has exactly the same number of episodes as it had before. it was 3 seasons of 52 episodes, the "renewal" is just them saying "no now the seasons are 26 episodes but there's 5 of them!"
>>
File: a69.jpg (34 KB, 359x361) Image search: [Google]
a69.jpg
34 KB, 359x361
>>81301601
>>
File: ariel foreshadowed death.png (708 KB, 1108x1170) Image search: [Google]
ariel foreshadowed death.png
708 KB, 1108x1170
>>81301314
Oh, I'm the original poster of that, still got it too, haha.
>>
>>81301757
26 11 minutes episodes?
>>
>>81301829
R.I.P.
>>
Is this the best waifu of all time?
>dem hips
>dat ass
>dat attitude
>underlit boobs
??
>>
>>81301881
yes. it's been known for awhile that SU was renewed for a third season. during this announcement they decided that season 2 is over and the second half is now season 3, and what was season 3 is now seasons 4 and 5.

two days ago
>52 + 52 + 52
yesterday
>52 + 26 + 26 + 26 +26

the "renewal" is literally fucking nothing.
>>
>>81301979
Did we get a confirmation on this?
>>
>>81302070
yeah
https://twitter.com/mcburnett?lang=en
>>
>>81302187
>https://twitter.com/mcburnett?lang=en

I mean from someone we can trust.
>>
File: ss.jpg (51 KB, 573x604) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
51 KB, 573x604
It's Shota Stans time
>>
File: acarwillhitthem.png (669 KB, 900x391) Image search: [Google]
acarwillhitthem.png
669 KB, 900x391
drunken road trip to Vegas
>>
>>81301384
I enjoy Bill as a pissy pta mom.
>>
File: disgruntled.png (452 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
disgruntled.png
452 KB, 1000x1400
>>81302456
he would be
>>
>>81302374
Stan would not be a Hufflepuff.
>>
>>81302827
Hack said he'd be expelled senpai
>>
>>81295619
No one's saying otherwise about Dominator, but she isn't the only character in the show.
>>
>>81301385
>I think that guy copied my reply at the time exactly, actually.
I didn't.
>>
>>81303210
You wouldn't know that from /co/.
>>
File: 1426740794443.jpg (25 KB, 350x271) Image search: [Google]
1426740794443.jpg
25 KB, 350x271
>>81301384
>>81302617
Now this I can get behind.
>>
>>81301384
>>81302617

I love how Ford's hair is most likely a nest for the babies, holy shit
>>
>>81271579
>i have never watched avatar
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 127

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.