[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 20
File: Batman V Superman.jpg (73 KB, 540x762) Image search: [Google]
Batman V Superman.jpg
73 KB, 540x762
This movie doesn't explain shit. It jumps all over the place. Lex Luthor was distracting and got way too much screen time. It doesn't explain the public change in perception of Superman from the time he blows up congress/to when he defeats Doomsday and becomes world savior martyr (it implies the world finds out Lex Luthor framed Superman, but doesn't say this). It doesn't explain why Batman shows Superman mercy and they become friends (it implies Batman realizes Lex Luthor is manipulating him, but it doesn't say it).

Aside from that. This movie was fucking amazing. 9/10. Literally one of the best movies I've ever seen. It was fucking awesome and I immediately want to go see it again.

Not memeing. This was a movie made for people who actually read the comics. It doesn't spoon feed the audience with explanations, it just assumes you already have this inside knowledge, and it plays out like a graphic novel on film.

It was incredible honestly. There was humor, there were quips. People in my theater were having a good time. When Wonder Woman came onscreen some people went fucking crazy with excitement, it was awesome. Batman was fantastic.

Then there were people who stuck around after the film in absolute astonishment at "what the fuck" they had just witnessed though.

>people legit thought Superman was a Marvel character, and complained that there was no after-credits scene
>One of them said "We should complain!"
>Some people said "who is that big guy? I don't know what is happening"
>"Who was the guy in the computer?"
>"Why was Batman in the future, what is happening?"
>"Who is that warrior woman what is she doing?"

If you don't know who Wonder Woman is, you probably shouldn't even see this movie.

I am legitimately convinced most of the people who did not like this movie, shouldn't have seen it. It's made for people who enjoy and understand the world already. It's made for the fans. It was made for me.

Am I wrong? Did /co/ like it? I loved it
>>
>>81267144
I did like it quite a bit. There were some things that I thought were a little unclear, but this was one hell of a movie. 8/10
>>
>>81267144
>This movie doesn't explain shit.

Actually it doesn, is just that you need handholding
>>
I agree itwas definitely edited toofeel like a comic similar to sin city no one was like sin city jumps around too much even though it did because it was supposed to feel comic book like but now cape movies cant be comic booky.
It also had more action and better action then any disney marvel movie as well as the best batman live action ever had only thing i didnt like and felt was poor writing was the martha scene
>>
>>81267144
>It doesn't explain why Batman shows Superman mercy and they become friends
Because they both have mothers named Martha, and since Bruce is such a mental wreck when it comes to parents, the idea that Superman also has parents make him realize he's not here to destroy us all.
>>
>>81267144
When Clark said "Martha", Bruce realized that Superman actually has loved ones, making him more human than he ever thought possible. The name obviously struck a nerve with Bruce, and he knew he had to save her. In that moment Bruce realized the truth of what was going on, so he acted on it.
>>
>>81267144
>Posting in a shill thread?

I am now!!!

This movie made Green Lantern look like a work of art.
>>
File: BvS_FOR_YOU.jpg (921 KB, 1615x1071) Image search: [Google]
BvS_FOR_YOU.jpg
921 KB, 1615x1071
>>81267144
>"who is that big guy?"
>>
File: am-i-out-of-touch-skinner-meme.jpg (55 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
am-i-out-of-touch-skinner-meme.jpg
55 KB, 500x534
I can understand why normies hated it, but I had a great time, and am full HYPE for Justice League, especially Wonder Woman solo movie.

I am honestly surprised Zack made such an inclusive movie for fans of the universe, instead of making a golden age predictable crowd-pleaser. I'm delighted actually.
>>
>>81267144
>It doesn't spoon feed the audience with explanations, it just assumes you already have this inside knowledge, and it plays out like a graphic novel on film.

But graphic novels WOULD explain this shit.

And what you're calling "explanation" is really just character development, which this movie completely lacked...because Snyder sucks at character development.

Superman's motivation this movie was essentially "I do so much; why don't they like me? :(". Batman's was "Superman is a danger, rawr rawr". The film doesn't really detail their other motivations...it doesn't really detail the inner workings of their mind. They, like every other aspect of this movie, are just symbols to be adorned on the drywall called "Batman v Superman". In Snyder's mind, the plot can't proceed naturally: it must be symbolic! The dialogue can't fit the characters naturally: symbolism! Symbolism!

In Snyder's mind, if it represents something else, then all of its flaws are excused.

The idea that a $250million budget movie should be aimed solely at hardcore comic book fans is utterly ridiculous, never mind the fact that a large number of DC comic book readers didn't like it at all.

The idea that a great piece of fiction could get away with terrible characterization is crazy.
>>
>>81267613
>It also had more action and better action then any disney marvel movie as well as the best batman live action ever had

this
>>
File: 1346983384381[1].jpg (45 KB, 407x407) Image search: [Google]
1346983384381[1].jpg
45 KB, 407x407
>This movie was fucking amazing. 9/10. Literally one of the best movies I've ever seen. It was fucking awesome and I immediately want to go see it again
>
I am legitimately convinced most of the people who did not like this movie, shouldn't have seen it. It's made for people who enjoy and understand the world already. It's made for the fans. It was made for me.
Are you mentally handicapped or something?
>>
>>81267144

I liked the way they didn't explain Wonder Woman.

She's Wonder Woman, she didn't need explaining. If you know who superman is you probably know who Wonder Woman is.
>>
>>81267787
I think people dislike any kind of movie with a cosmic abomination bad guy honestly

Incredible Hulk, this, Green Lantern, Thor 3

It's a reoccuring theme
>>
File: superman batman kryptonite.jpg (1 MB, 2890x1022) Image search: [Google]
superman batman kryptonite.jpg
1 MB, 2890x1022
>>81267959
>But graphic novels WOULD explain this shit.

And they already have a million times.

While it would've been cool to see a more intricate bond and friendship building tale on screen of Batman and Superman, in all honestly we've seen it a thousand times before.

We can enter the subtext there ourselves. When I go to the theater it's to see the action and excitement on screen, and that's exactly what we got.

It lacked on-screen character development, but that's what I'm saying. People who have read the comics already have these characters developed. They don't need an on-screen explanatory guide.

I don't even think the recap of Bruce's parents deaths were necessary.
>>
>>81268000
>I am legitimately convinced most of the people who did not like this movie, shouldn't have seen it. It's made for people who enjoy and understand the world already. It's made for the fans. It was made for me.
Understand the world.
>A world in which the greatest detective is such a huge fucking idiot lex manipulates him into trying to murder superman when he could have figured out what was going on with ease
>A world in which superman even while trying to save his mothers life is still basically a giant crybaby who pushes batman cos he was mean to him
>A world in which lex luthor super genius billionaire sets things up in such a way that everything leads back to him and he is thrown in prison at the end
>a world in which batman has no qualms murdering by the boatload but the joker is still alive and well
>a world in which we put the teasers for the next movie...in the middle of this fucking movie
>A world in which superman is portrayed as a dour bitter mess who is so distant from humanity and cold in his nature that he is essentially just as fucking dangerous as the villain believes him to be
>a world where he honestly says the words 'i can bring you in without breaking you. which is more than you deserve' as if the mewling puny human should be thankful for this gods mercy

Yeah. I thought I was a fan of DC comics. I guess i'm not cos I don't even remember all this bullshit in them.
>>
>>81268061
that and they were bad movies. if you thought this was good you aren't actually a fan of either character just a fan of the worst parts of an ever changing mythos that didn't get either character. zach synder is shit and its suckerpunch with superheroes.
>>
>>81267959
>In Snyder's mind, the plot can't proceed naturally: it must be symbolic! The dialogue can't fit the characters naturally: symbolism! Symbolism!

no, it was built up naturally, they just didn't hold your hand and verbally explain every single thing, it was explained with imagery

Batman perceives Clark as a threat after he blows up Metropolis and gets all those people killed. Batman holds a grudge and creates a contingency plan but doesn't use it. It's only after Superman is framed for blowing up congress that Bruce decides enough is enough and he must do something. Probably the only thing he'll ever do that matters. His entire life has led up to this moment, in his mind.

A little more subtext than "rawr, rawr"
>>
>>81268144
>It lacked on-screen character development, but that's what I'm saying. People who have read the comics already have these characters developed. They don't need an on-screen explanatory guide.
But these aren't the characters those comics developed. You can't go 'oh well people already know these characters from the comic books so they don't need to explain their reasoning or motivation' and then have them doing shit that isn't anywhere near what they would do in the comic books.
>>
>>81267959
>never mind the fact that a large number of DC comic book readers didn't like it at all.

They're not actual readers, they just like "Batman" or "Superman" in a generic normie Superman symbol on their clothing I've seen a couple movies kind of way.

I agree it was extremely risky for Snyder to make a movie for hardcore fans, but he pulled it off, and I loved every minute of it.
>>
File: Communion.png (238 KB, 847x357) Image search: [Google]
Communion.png
238 KB, 847x357
>>81267144
I fucking LOVED it. Don't forget to watch the deleted scene that was just released to get a little more depth and insight for Lex's ending scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

Going to try and see it again this weekend to pick up stuff I didn't notice the first round. VERY curious to watch the extended director's cut.
>>
>>81268217
Nah, he nailed the more modern silver age aspects of the character.

Justice League: the Animated Series still exists if you want some golden age classic shit my friend.
>>
>>81268284
stop pretending. its not funny. if you were an actual fan. you'd be incredibly disappointed in this shit show. but i forget that women arent the only ones who get all their information about a character though a wiki.
>>
>>81268343
The silver age was hilarious but it wasn't a convoluted shitshow that didn't make sense even if you knew everything about the characters. synder doesn't get to go this is my completely unique interpertation of a character and you habe to know his backstory to understand it. you don't get to have your cake and eat it to.
>>
I thought the movie was tricking the audience into thinking batman uses guns, and that the dreams was about how if he follows the path he's on he'll be like the monster that killed his parents

it wasn't

I thought the movie was setting up wonder woman to kill dooms day because they made a kryptonite spear

it wasn't

I thought supes an batman fight was batman trying to humble then interrogate superman since his techniques were those of hurting not efficiently killing

it wasn't
>>
>>81268157
>"cos he was mean to him"
He already perceived Batman as a vigilante and danger to civil liberties. It didn't take much for Lex to convince him to kill this vigilante. If it means saving your mom, why not? His mom literally told him "you don't owe this world a thing" and the world is demonizing him, so why not use his power to save his family. This is a young interpretation of the character, not the old wise version from the golden age.
>tryign to murder supermen cos manipulated
He perceived Superman as the ultimate danger to humanity, worse than a thousand nukes, and had nightmares that Superman would take over the world. He saw an opportunity to stop Superman with the kryptonite, and had the motive to do so when Superman blows up congress. He's not murdering Superman at this point, he's enacting cosmic justice and fulfilling his ultimate destiny.
>implying the joker is still alive when it's obvious suicide squad is set in a previous timeline
>doesn't like easter eggs

You should read Injustice if you don't understand this Superman.
>>
File: Superman (4).jpg (526 KB, 1406x1080) Image search: [Google]
Superman (4).jpg
526 KB, 1406x1080
>>81267144
>This was a movie made for people who actually read the comics.
Eh, not quite. I do think the movie let's itself fall to meta commentary simply because it doesn't tell you how they are interpreting these heroes; meaning you have to rely on their moody faces and actions.

It has similar problems to MoS. Too many short and choppy scenes = no charactersation. So by the time you get to the final fight you are not invested in any characters. You get a spectacle.

Let's compare.

MoS has a gratious start on Krypton followed by Clark travelling. Do we find anything out about Clark? No. He likes to trash trucks. He saves people from an oil rig. This small scene, that small scene and we learn nothing about who this Clark is.

Why not make a scene longer? Him saving people off that rig. Him helping people, testing the limits of his abilities. People asking him who he is. Why not show him grow. Explain who he is and make it obvious that he ends up where he ends up to help people, to have a journalists ear to the ground to hear where shit is going down.

BvS had a gratious Batman heavy opening. Then you get one scene here, one scene there. This and that. Who is this Bruce Wayne? Who is this Superman? A one dimensional character is better than nothing.

I am not mad at the "not muhs", I am not mad at the no-killing rules. I am mad because they have had two movies and made no attempt at making a character to get invested in.

Hey look at Alfred in BvS. I expected him to be just a bit part but in this he turns up. Vanishes. Turns up later on. That's it.

We can discuss the superheroics, whether Doomsday was appropriate, what you thought about Lex, all of that - but what pained me is how much of a mess it is. How much the movie fails to settle to show you something of its world and give you an insight.

There are some good ideas sprinkled in. Some good images. But those don't make up for that.
>>
>>81268268
>You can't go 'oh well people already know these characters from the comic books so they don't need to explain their reasoning or motivation' and then have them doing shit that isn't anywhere near what they would do in the comic books.

Motherfucking this.
>>
>>81268268
>and then have them doing shit that isn't anywhere near what they would do in the comic books.

Like what?

The movie is basically Flashpoint Paradox/Injustice/Death of Superman/Dark Knight Returns mixed into one, with some general Justice League Doomsday plot at the end.

Literally everything in this movie was the most compelling shit of the most critically acclaimed/interesting comics.
>>
>>81268418
>convoluted shitshow that didn't make sense even if you knew everything

How did this movie confuse you? I can pretty much explain the entire thing in a couple paragraphs, if you need help.
>>
>>81267144
Clark literally triggered Batman on accident.
This isn't some SJW meme, as soon as Clark said Martha Bruce started having flashbacks to the night his parents died and flipped his shit. Maybe it knocked some sense into him.
>>
File: pepe-jesus.jpg (22 KB, 300x213) Image search: [Google]
pepe-jesus.jpg
22 KB, 300x213
>>81268433
>humble then interrogate superman

Why would you think this? That makes absolutely no sense.

He perceives Superman as a super villain at this point. More than that, something that could ultimately enslave the entire planet.

Killing this alien to save humanity goes far beyond his personal ethics of handling modern criminals. He even says so himself.

"Most of the men I've deal with are like weeds. Superman changes everything. This might be the only thing I do that matters."
>>
>>81268531
okay, whether you are pretending to be retarded or are actually retarded this was the stupidest statement ive read this week. understand what context is and why it makes sense in those and not this.
>>
>>81268352
How was it a shitshow?

Explain a single thing that confused you

and Yes I genuinely loved the movie and I'm going to see it again
>>
>>81268237
>no, it was built up naturally, they just didn't hold your hand and verbally explain every single thing, it was explained with imagery
I think you are confusing two things: plot and characters.

The plot wasn't necessarily spoonfed to everyone. Sure. It had a lot of imagery.

But the characters got very little and needed something to be shown to the audience beyond gruff exteriors and bleak shots. That isn't to say that the film was tonally wrong, just to say that you need emotions and motivations thrown in there.
>>
>>81268564
I can dedicate paragraphs upon paragraphs on why it was stupid. its just faster to call you a moron then waste the time.
>>
>>81268656
>understand what context is and why it makes sense in those and not this.

Yeah I don't understand why it doesn't make sense in this and not those. Why don't you explain to me why it doesn't make sense.

Everything made sense to me.

>Batman has nightmare visions (probably related to his other schizophrenic visions of his childhood) that Superman will take over the world
>Has a Flash vision (Flashpoint)
>Has a Superman enslaving the planet vision (Injustice)
>Both of these things mixed with his own feeling that Superman is out of control and a danger to humanity, and how his character has aged and changed (Dark Knight Returns) leads him to try and stop Superman
>In the end Superman must redeem himself once and for all by saving the planet to quell any distrust the world may ever have in him, so he gives his life saving the planet, becoming a martyr like Jesus Christ (Death of Superman)

Pretty straightforward really
>>
>>81268643
because of his tactics

if he wanted to kill him he shouldn't be punching him and knocking him through walls

he should have gas grenades him and then stabbed him with a kryptonite knife

or shot him with kryptonite bullets since he has no problem with guns in this verse

why would he leave the way to kill this person he's planning on killing so far from him
>>
File: man of murder.jpg (35 KB, 523x521) Image search: [Google]
man of murder.jpg
35 KB, 523x521
>>81268709
Go ahead

At this point it seems like you can't formulate an opinion because this movie went over your head

2deep4u
>>
>>81268843
setting aside that flashpoint and injustice are shit. the events had build up and made sense. the fact that you don't understand what context means shows a lot. kind of like synder.
>>
>>81268853
>why would he leave the way to kill this person he's planning on killing so far from him

Superman can see through walls

Sure Superman could've instantly killed Batman with laser vision or some shit, or Batman could've just just shot Superman with a Kryptonite machine gun or something

But then there'd be no movie

Why are you being so dumb?
>>
>>81268880
the day synder creates an actual philisophical movie with actual depth and less 16-year-old interpretation of how to use symbolism ill fucking suck the mans dick.
>>
>>81268915
Yeah they aren't thousand page novels with deep intricate inclusive plotlines.

You can take storylines from 30 page comics and put them in a 3 hour film and have them still make sense.

Like I said, I don't think it's the movie that was bad. I think people like you are generally just too fucking stupid to "get" it.
>>
>>81268995
you cant even argue why you didnt like the movie youre just attacking strawman statements you made up.

youre like a liberal lol.
>>
>>81269010
you need to be at least 18 years old to post here.
>>
>>81268352

>no true scotsman

Not the guy you're replying to, but I've read every single Batman and Detective Comics singles released since 94', I have read a TON of silver age and 80s stories, and all of the graphic novels.

I've seen all of the animated shows, films and played almost all of the video games.

I don't have a badge to prove my "Official Hardcore Fan" status, but I have borderline encyclopedic knowledge on the DC universe.

This movie was pretty good. It satisfied me as a DC fan and as a movie goer. It suffered from editing issues and pacing mostly due to weird scene placement and cut content, but it was NOT a hard movie to follow, ESPECIALLY if you know about the source material.

The lack of verbal exposition was the best part of the film for me. This is one film I can keep going back to and enjoy again and again because I know there aren't any scenes explaining needless shit that I obviously alreayd know about, it's just the characters doing their thing.

It's not a piece of masterwork cinema, but it's a damn good comic book movie.
>>
>>81268961
I'm saying it doesn't make sense as the characters are not acting in there motivations

they could have not made batman want to murder him unless it was necessary but they didn't
>>
File: bat laugh.jpg (21 KB, 330x328) Image search: [Google]
bat laugh.jpg
21 KB, 330x328
>>81268995
They're comic books kiddo. Not like Snyder had a lot of deep philosophical meaning to use here.

If you want that kind of shit go read Tolstoy or Dostoevsky.

Don't complain about "deep philosophical movie" not being in a fucking comic book movie lol. Comics are inherently simple, they only ever so slightly get too deep, and if you didn't like Injustice, you don't like comics in general.

Like I said, why are you even here? This movie obviously wasn't made for you. This is like getting mad at a Beatles tribute concert because they haven't captured the intricacies of orchestral music from the romantic era.

You're out of your element kid.
>>
>>81267578
You clearly didn't read the whole thing.
>>
>>81269146
this
>>
>>81269160
Well Batman obviously wasn't "murdering" him he considered him an alien

He wasn't killing a man, he was destroying a weapon against humanity
>>
great movie

8/10, maybe 9/10 with editing

i can see why people hated it

i loved it

will see again and looking forward to more
>>
>>81268531
>Literally everything in this movie was the most compelling shit of the most critically acclaimed/interesting comics.

After subjecting myself to this film for the second time yesterday. I get really frustrated when I read sentences like this, and they've been popping up a lot on lately so I'm getting very frustrated.

That is an objectively false sentence and I call into question your reading comprehension if you thought that. This movie contained none of the important imagery, characterizations, plot elements, thematic elements, or context found in any of Batman's or Superman's seminal and iconic stories. I walked out of this movie feeling insulted as a fan of these characters, they were essentially used as window dressings.
P.S: Any anons have any images like pic related to use when people say the movie is just like the comics? Cause on FB I can't be assed to write an argument when most of the time I just get ignored as soon as I let on that I actually have reading comprehension and can understand context. I would just rather rustle some jimmies with quick and easy pics of actual comic panels/pages/covers at this point.
>>
>>81269164

EXACTLY

Just because the movie takes itself seriously doesn't mean it's trying to be deep.

Superman is a flawed hero, too ambitious and noble for his own good, held responsible for the fallout of his actions by the UN, Batman is a broken control freak and obsessed with taking down his white whale, and Lex stands by his nihilistic ideals that knowledge without power means nothing so he must be able to tame the man of steel to his will.

That's it. It's all there, in the movie, if you're not brain dead.
>>
52 posts
19 IPs

Hello, shill thread!
>>
>>81267144
Don't mean to derail this thread but that poster makes it look like batman is blowing supes
>>
>>81269164
when being told a movie is too deep for me then no fuck you kid. you don't get to have your cake and either too. either its dumb action shlock that fails to he entertaining because it bogges the movie in unnecessary and overly blunt convoluted symbolism or its trying to he deep and fails because as i said synder is a hack.
>>
>>81267144

Go check the deleted scene starring Steppenwolf that someone else posted. And yeah, I felt the exact same way. This movie just looks and is paced like a comic the way nothing other than Snyder's Watchmen really did.

I don't really know why normies hate it so bad and am really confused by the reaction, I would've thought they'd still like it more than MoS.
>>
>>81269390

that's little more than 2 posts per IP. A lot of people are replying to each other and engaging in conversation. Are you retarded?
>>
File: alex-ross-justice-league.jpg (151 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
alex-ross-justice-league.jpg
151 KB, 1280x1024
>>81269378
The thing is, is that you're reflecting on 80 something years of Golden Age deep character progression.

You're upset because this wasn't the ultimate Batman and Superman love story that satiated the bond you've formed with these characters. I felt this way too. Whether we like it or not, the interpretations of these characters are more modern.

DC characters have always been the wise, wooden, moral compass characters of the comic book world. These are characters we love, and still exist and have been publicized for almost a century.

The onscreen characters are gritty, emotionally conflicted, action driven characters. These kind of characters work better for modern films. While it'd be cool to see a Justice League of wise, stoic, legendary characters, conversing with each other. We're going to see a Justice League of action and explosions and quips.

It's just how things will be. You can let this be a serviceable movie to you, and enjoy it for what it is. Or you can be upset that it didn't fulfill your entire longing and desires and pay homage to these seminal and iconic characters.

I chose to enjoy this film for what it is. Maybe you can do the same.
>>
File: 1402719837315.jpg (29 KB, 514x564) Image search: [Google]
1402719837315.jpg
29 KB, 514x564
>>81269480
>you don't get to have your cake and either too.

what?

I am convinced this poster is retarded.
>>
Someone explain the flash scene right after the knightmare sequence

I just saw the movie and it was the only thing that confused me.
>>
>>81269710
on a phone it was obviously eat it too. you clearly don't understand context but that goes without saying.
>>
>>81267144

The editing was a goddamn mess but I loved it regardless. Got me incredibly hyped for the Justice Leavue movie, suprisingly.

Just a shame that Supes's character is still mishandled, there are zero establishing shots, and the dream sequences have no sense of place or context within the narrative. (The Knightmare sequence and Flash's warning was fucking cool to see in a theater though.)
>>
>>81269755
Apparently that was the Barry from that timeline, the one where Superman is the lackey of Darkseid. He ran back in time in the hopes of preventing this future and ultimately went to far thus giving a very confusing message to Bruce. Although now he doesnt exist anymore
>>
>>81269817
>the dream sequences have no sense of place or context within the narrative. (The Knightmare sequence and Flash's warning was fucking cool to see in a theater though.)

My thoughts exactly.
If I had no idea what was happening, I'd be mad.
But boy, what a fucking scene that was.
>>
>>81269755

The knightmare sequence reportedly happens because of Barry's time travel from the future, he drags a memory of it with him that Batman experiences. (It's Speedforce, I ain't gotta explain shit)

He warns Bruce that "you were right about him", and "Lois is the key", before realizing that he arrived too early. So presumably Supes goes full on BAD END after Lois dies at some point and then serves Darkseid as a result.
>>
>>81269856
I was just happy to see Parademons. Wasnt a fan of Flash's look but hey that future doesnt exist and they can fix it later
>>
>>81267144
That poster looks like Batman is giving Superman a blowjob.
>>
So, Batman didn't kill Superman due to the fact that both of them had mothers named Martha?
>>
>>81269856

I feel sorry for people who aren't already familiar with elements of the DCU like Flash's speedforce bullshit or Darkseid/Apokalips and who were lost at those points. For those of us who know what to look for, it was fucking great.
>>
You know its weird, despite the poor editing and the forced worldbuilding, the movie actually sits well with me after reflecting on it a few days later. I mean Id rather watch that again over the iron man sequels or the thor movies
>>
>>81269936

Finding out that Supes had a family (and seeing Lois throw herself down to save him too) humanized him to Batman's eyes. He couldn't kill Supes knowing that he had a mom who cared for him as much as Martha Wayne did for him.
>>
>It doesn't spoon feed the audience with explanations, it just assumes you already have this inside knowledge
How is this a good thing?
>OH LOL THIS IS DEATH OF SUPERMAN AND THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS EVEN THOUGH SUPES HAS BEEN AROUND FOR ONE MOVIE AND WE KNOW LITERALLY NOTHING ABOUT THIS BATMAN
10/10 WB.
>>
>>81269963

It's the opposite of Man of Steel for me. I soured on that movie after sitting on it for awhile afterwards. But having a chance to talk about BvS afterwards made me realize what I enjoyed about it and why that outweighs the flaws in my mind.
>>
>>81269985
So he's not even TRYING to do detective Batman shit?
He's a fucking tool that believes whatever they say to him and makes a suit to fight Superman without even a little bit of Batstalking?
>>
>>81270099

Also Lois corroborating his story right there.

Batman didn't believe him about just wanting to talk before.
>>
>You need to read 10 wiki pages to understand what's going on on screen
LITERALLY 2DEEP4NORMIES
BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>81267895
If was a disjointed mess
it took elements of TDKR and Injustice and Flashpoint and hamfistedly tried to cram them together
This movie was complete shit even the Soundtrack was retarded and completely WRONG at times
The only redeeming parts of the movie were the best Batman movie costume to date
Best Batman fights to date
>>
>>81267144
I feel like the biggest hypocrite because I panned TDKR and MoS for their plotholes, but I want to forgive BvS everything for some reason.
>>
>>81269824
>>81269874
Okay I see

So was the Knightmare sequence a possible future or a future this universe WILL follow?

Then does that we might see a future Flash telling Bruce about Lois at the correct time sometime later in a movie?
>>
>>81270016
>How is this a good thing?
Because "In English, please!" scenes are the most obnoxious trope in movies.

And there's really no excuse not to intimately know Superman and Batman as characters at this point.
>>
>>81270126
this wouldn't necessarily be an issue if it wasn't for the characters acting like total retards the entire time. the dialog needed a lot of work.
>>
>>81268000
I'm a massive capeshit fan, and I found this to be awful.

Snyder just doesn't understand these characters or has no respect for them. It wasn't a Batman v Superman movie. It was the battle of the Snydermen, who are a bunch of mopey assholes who violate all the codes that make the world's finest who they are.
>>
>>81268000
>It's made for people who enjoy and understand the world already

WHICH world?

TDKR world?
Injustice world?( Video game or comic?)
Flashpoint world? ( animated or comics?)
Death of Superman story arc world?
>>
>>81270173
I wouldnt think so. Martha and Lois still live. Im sure Barry will still do some wacky time travel stuff in his solo but for all intensive purposes the knightmare no longer exists. Although Darkseid is still coming, Bruce just has the benefit of knowing now.
>>
>>81268325
this is such a pleb-filter, and I fucking love it
>>
This reminds me of how people who hadn't read the Harry Potter books were confused by the movies.
>>
Daily reminder that if you dislike this movie you just didn't get it and aren't a fan of the comics.
>>
>>81270272
Harry Potter didn't come from a mythos that's ingrained in popular culture.

If you don't understand Batman's motives at this point, why are you seeing a movie staring him?
>>
>>81269649
I'm not the other guy, but I think you're off base here.

Telling us to sit back and accept it for what it is strikes me as incredibly silly. Why shouldn't we demand a higher level of quality from a major studio entrusted with these iconic characters?

Sure, take some liberties. Dozens if not hundreds of writers have given us their own take on these characters in their 75-plus years. Update it. Change it. Remix it.

But don't go so far afield that these characters aren't even recognizable anymore. Can you really call these character Batman or Superman or Lex Luthor anymore? Batman was the Bat-punisher. Superman was Sadman. Lex was long-haired Riddler.

Pile on all the terrible editing and cramming three movies worth of content into one and some of the clumsiest world building imaginable, and you have yourself a shitty movie. Why shouldn't we ask for better?
>>
Man, say what you want about this movie, but it makes for some damn good posters.
>>
>>81270239

I know people complained about it, but I LOVE the idea of Bruce being the one that all this weird shit happen to him, and now he has to step out of his tight focus on his personal crusade on criminals and organize the larger DCU and potential allies within it.

"the world only makes sense if you force it to" and now he's going to have to make crazy shit like the Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Fourth World shenanigans all fit into his new worldview.
>>
>>81270340
False equivalence, son

Sure, they're both dark and gritty cape-things that ask what it means to be a real hero, but one does this with a loyalty to the source and a respect for what makes those characters so enduring while the other one is a muddled mess that mischaracterizes some of the most iconic names in comics.

Punisher's monologue in the graveyard so perfectly captures the character in amber -- his rage, his heartbreak, what he was before. It's Punisher top to bottom.

Superman brooding all over the place while Lex acts like a Joker knockoff is a disservice to both that misses the point. Superman is a beacon, and Lex is a genius, not an autist.
>>
>>81270394
>bat-punisher
When will this shitty meme die? He never directly killed, and more importantly, his brutality was a direct result of not having Superman around, which is pretty accurate to the comics. (See: Death in the Family)
>>
>>81270340

Daredevil has never been about standing for truth, justice, and the American way. He's a street-level hero that deals with street-level threats, and it's always been gritty.

Superman should never tonally match Batman.

Thanks for the bait.
>>
>>81270512
Also Daredevil has approximately 26 hours worth of footage to understand character's motivations, backgrounds and to see their growth.

DCEU has about 5
>>
My only problem was how short the actual fight with Batman and Superman was.

The animated movies had better fights.
>>
>>81270671
That's actually a really good point I'm willing to give you.

But even with that in your favor, cape movies have been done far better than BvS. Not every cape movie can be a work of art that gets a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes and wins six Academy Awards and is remembered as the next Citizen Kane, etc. I'm not holding it to that standard.

I just wanted BvS to be good, and it was a few flecks of gold buried in a mountain of crap.
>>
>>81269755
Flash from an alternate future timeline telling Batman basically if Lois Lane dies, Superman will lose his connection to humanity, and go berserk and the future will be fucked, and the only way to stop this future Superman is to send a message back into the past that "Batman was right about him".

Then he says "I'm too early" meaning the events of the future haven't unfolded yet where Superman needs to be stopped, or that alternate timeline hasn't branched off yet, but it's a possibility
>>
I don't understand how people can say this is a movie made for people who read the comics. None of the characters were anything like their comic book counterparts. Lex Luthor may has well have been a different person, Superman was more like Ultraman, Batman was pretty spot on except from the fact that he killed people, the main thing Batman shouldn't do. How is this movie supposed to appeal to the fans of the comics, when it shits all over the source material?
>>
File: 16413413.png (9 KB, 619x126) Image search: [Google]
16413413.png
9 KB, 619x126
>>81270594
>He never directly killed

He really did, several times. He shot the flamethrower tank, I'm sure that explosion took out at least a few of the thugs on that floor besides the guy wearing it.

And during the truck chase, he straight up flattens one of the thugs in the truck when he rips through it with the Batmobile.

Batman more than likely made a few orphans/widows in this movie. I find it hilarious that anyone defends how Batman was written in this movie.
>>
>>81267144
>It doesn't explain the public change in perception of Superman from the time he blows up congress/to when he defeats Doomsday and becomes world savior martyr (it implies the world finds out Lex Luthor framed Superman, but doesn't say this).
It's on the front page of the news, and him being set up for the bombing at the capital happened five minutes after the bombing
>It doesn't explain why Batman shows Superman mercy and they become friends (it implies Batman realizes Lex Luthor is manipulating him, but it doesn't say it).
"He's going to kill my mom" is saying it

You must be wildly unobservant
>>
>>81270239
>Martha and Lois still live. Im sure Barry will still do some wacky time travel stuff in his solo but for all intensive purposes the knightmare no longer exists.
It's 'intents and purposes', not 'intensive purposes'.
>>
>>81271013
It's a doggy dog world Anon.
Those posts are diamond dozen.
Just trying to be doubles advocate here.
>>
>>81269146
>I know there aren't any scenes explaining needless shit that I obviously alreayd know about, it's just the characters doing their thing.
apart from the first half hour or so of the film, you mean. Otherwise, I completely agree with you.
>>
>>81271013
Whoops, go ahead, call me a retard
>>
Will Brainiac appear at any point?
>>
>>81270950
Not saying Batman doesnt/should kill, because he clearly does in this film. But what I think they were going for was Bruce realized 2 things in his character arc: That he was slowly turning into the monster criminals thought he was, and that Clark was more human than he thought. Which is what I gathered from the bat brand scene with Lex. Of course Snyder could be a fucking idiot but thats another discussion
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcwRwcBAfYI
>>
>>81267144
>There was humor, there were quips
There were? The only time I laughed was when I saw Miles Dyson playing Cyborg's Dad.
>>
>>81271662
>I'm a friend of your son
>I guessed. The cape?
>>
>>81271662
Which thats GOAT casting right there. Waiting for a Skynet joke later. The only thing that bothered me was HE HAS A FRIGGIN MOTHER BOX
>>
Felt like watching movie trailers spliced together for 2 hours and 30 minutes
>>
>>81268352
you simply sound autistic
>>
>>81272228
That's your fault for watching the trailers so much.
>>
>>81272549
It's funny because I deliberately avoided all trailers.

Snyder should go back to making music videos.
>>
>>81269494
most people like it actually, least from what i can tell.

(also you sure it was steppenwolf?, pretty sure that was a red lantern symbol on his chest)
>>
>>81272724
Its not a Red Lantern. Not saying its Steppenwolf or Yuga Khan but its clearly somebody from Apokalips given the Mother Boxes. It could even be Mantis for all we know
>>
>>81272596
I don't believe you.
>>
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

I can see it now. The future we created.

Thread after endless thread about how Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice is a masterpiece that only contrarian Marvel shills don't understand.

I can already spot the posts saying that there is legitimately nothing to complain about in this movie - and that Snyder is a master filmmaker of unparalleled ability.

He's going to get away with it isn't he? Over and over again he's going to make these dreary tryhard movies made for sophisticated adults who understand the wonders of his grand epic mythology.

I cannot wait for DCs characters to struggle out of Snyder's clammy death-grip. Maybe these movies aren't for me. But I swear to all of you fuckers who are going to be shitposting about this movie for the next five years - I will be first in line for a dark and sombre interpretation of either Batman or Superman that is made by someone who is capable of displaying any sense of sincerity or affection for the characters.
>>
Yknow a movie is shit when it heavily relies on the audience knowing things from a completely different medium.

I mean, yeah sure, we all know about it, UT in the context of the film it just doesn't make sense because, to the viewer, none of that stuff happened, not was it explained. That's not a positive, that's a flaw with the movie.
>>
>>81270126
nah you dont.

If you're retarded perhaps, but not a normal person.
>>
I loved it. Fuck this Marvel gay earth.
>>
#SNYDERFORDCEU

WE CAN GET SNYDER FOR 3 OR 4 MORE MOVIES!!!
>>
>>81269322

I just didn't like lex. A spastic little bitch. I like 'smarter than braniac bitch" Lex.
>>
>>81270594
he directly kills KGBeast, but thats it and it was a kill or be killed kinda situation
>>
>>81270897
i disagree with you, but it would be nicer if people were as civil as you talking bout the film
>>
>>81271386
possibly/hopefully
>>
>>81272890
You don' have any reason to believe me but you can't deny the pacing is terrible and the cutting is all over the place.

Hopefully they'll get a real director to salvage the dc movie universe.
>>
>>81272892
but, y'know, it was really good
>>
>>81273074
Lex was great though, the monologue in the tower was the best part of the movie.
>>
Fuck me, maybe BvS is actually 2deep4me if normies get confused about who the time traveler was. I've read posts saying that some people thought Batman and Superman were brothers...

How can people be this retarded
>>
>>81273185

And even then, he shoots the flamethrower canister. It only explodes because KGBeast fires it.
>>
>>81273185
Hes very likely dead, but it does allow for the KGBeast makeover with the cyber enhancements/mask. Not saying it will happen, but its an idea
>>
>>81273409
No lie, once heard a moviegoer claim there was time travel in Watchmen.
>>
>>81273304

That's not his fault tho. The studio asked him to cut A LOT of stuff, exactly like in Watchmen.

I would doubt these claims if I hadn't watched the Watchmen director's cut. I trust the ultimate cut we're getting at the end of the year will alleviate these pacing issues.
>>
File: 1397423494564.jpg (8 KB, 285x337) Image search: [Google]
1397423494564.jpg
8 KB, 285x337
>>81268325
>0:05
"LEX LUUTHOORRR"
>>
>>81267632
Yeah, the idea of Superman having parents or friends or a job or a life never occurred to Batman. "MARTHA" made him realize that he wasn't fighting a weapon, he was fighting a person.
>>
>>81273825
This Superman has no friends...
>>
>>81273456
So the kill count is in 4:
Airplane guy and granada trio.

Pretty low in my opinion, and Alfrad states he only started doing that kind of stuff in the last 18 months
>>
>>81274147
b-buh muh fundamental misunderstanding of the character
>>
>>81270676

Some of the cut footage reportedly is more of that fight.
>>
>>81270920

Lex is an socipathic megalomaniac who genuinely cannot bring himself to believe Superman can be anything other than an obstacle or competition to his control of humanity as resources and pawns.

>Superman was more like Ultraman

Where the fuck does this meme come from. Supes was kind of too mopey and passive for my liking but he spends the entire goddamn movie trying to win over the public into trusting that he has the best intentions as a superhero
>>
>>81273500
thought the same thing, jesus i would love that
>>
>>81273902
but he did have two companions: one was death itself… the other, the acrid smell of gunsmoke.
>>
>>81273384
>he monologue in the tower was the best part of the movie.

Lex was genuinely terrifying there. I doubted Eisenberg could pull it off but goddamn he milked that scene for all it was worth.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7232450 Don't mind me just checking to see the thoughts
>>
File: 1303408579950.jpg (41 KB, 349x420) Image search: [Google]
1303408579950.jpg
41 KB, 349x420
>>81273757
>someone claims that they hear it
>"Yeah nah that's bullshit I don't hear anything"
>watch it again with headphones in
>mfw
>>
My only real gripes about the movie were Batman outright killing people (which I really didn't even mind that much), Lex Luthor's entire character (this could just be me bitching "not muh Luthor, I don't even mind that much about this either), and the ending with the funerals and everything.
>>
File: 12th level salute.png (139 KB, 250x287) Image search: [Google]
12th level salute.png
139 KB, 250x287
>>81267144
>Not memeing. This was a movie made for people who actually read the comics.
>>
>>81274562

He's not really the kind I envision when I hear "Lex Luthor", but he made for a really effective antagonist regardless and does have a lot of character concepts in common.

Comics Lex is just a lot better about hiding his abject, misanthropic sociopathy under buckets of charisma.
>>
>>81274616
I completely agree, and although I'm not that huge of a fan of Eisenberg's Lex, I'm curious to see where it will go.
>>
File: morrisonwriter1-620x968[1].jpg (150 KB, 620x968) Image search: [Google]
morrisonwriter1-620x968[1].jpg
150 KB, 620x968
>This was a movie made for people who actually read the comics.

Superman in the comics: There's always a way.
Superman in the movies: There's no way.
>>
>>81275884
>Superman in the movies: There's no way.

There was, but Batman was unwilling to see it at first.
>>
File: 16067143292_dc7d2fb4e0_o[1].jpg (202 KB, 1024x792) Image search: [Google]
16067143292_dc7d2fb4e0_o[1].jpg
202 KB, 1024x792
>>81275884
Pa Kent in the comics: Be kind and don't be afraid.
Pa Kent in the movies: STOP, INVINCIBLE SON.
>>
>>81275974
You're forgetting Zod.
>>
>>81272892
Who said it was a masterpiece?

I said it was highly enjoyable.
>>
>>81270132
The only thing I agree with you about is the music

While it wasn't fuck-horrible, it was out of place a majority of the time, especially during Lex scenes
>>
>>81270394
>Can you really call these character Batman or Superman or Lex Luthor anymore?

While I agree with you somewhat, I think at least they nailed Batman. While this might be an extremely weak interpretation of Lex and Supes, at least Batman is spot on.

I realize his anti-killing methodology is centric to the character's persona, but this is a post-Robin death (possibly post-Joker death) Batman. He's older, he's more grizzled, he's probably been tortured and abused by criminals and seen them come and go through the Arkham Asylum system, so while he doesn't activately seek to kill people, he doesn't try to protect them either, he doesn't tip top around them anymore, he gets the job done however he can.

The Punisher specifically means to kill people in gruesome ways. Batman isn't the same.
>>
>>81273009
People like you are why we have two different (and a third incoming) movies with spiderman's origin story.
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.