[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many of you want this too fail? It would probably be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: batmanvsuperman.jpg (392 KB, 1910x1000) Image search: [Google]
batmanvsuperman.jpg
392 KB, 1910x1000
Why do so many of you want this too fail? It would probably be over a decade or longer since we would ever see these two come together again.
>>
>>81008939
It's not gonna fail, critics might not like it but general public seems to be liking the movie
>>
>>81008939
ben affleck

no joke, that guy is literally the fucking worst and if he couldv've stayed away i'd wish it well
>>
File: SupermanJLU.png (76 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
SupermanJLU.png
76 KB, 350x262
I heard from a review that Superman still kills in this movie

I'm really spoiled by earlier depiction of Superman, especially from the DCAU.
>>
I can just read the hundreds of comics issues they team up in if I want stories about it. Seeing it in live action adds no value to me. I don't think I like movies in general as a format. If the failure helps chase away /tv/ then so be it.
>>
>>81009033
Of all the potential complaints, shouldn't affleck be one of your least concerns? The guys a good actor, looks incredible in the suit, and not a scrawny manlet with a dumb voice like bale.
>>
>>81009063
>I'm really spoiled by earlier depiction of Superman, especially from the DCAU.

This statement is particularly sad because DCAU Superman was trash after STAS.
>>
Because fuck Zack Snyder
>>
>>81009063
Nostalgia glasses ruin everything.
>>
>>81009063
Yeah, but it's just Doomsday. Doomsday's usually fair game to kill, even in the DCAU,
>>
File: 1446425907977.jpg (20 KB, 329x270) Image search: [Google]
1446425907977.jpg
20 KB, 329x270
>>81009119
>Because an unpopular name is attached to a franchise you love, you want it to crash and burn

I never understood this
>>
>the masses are loving it
The thing about critics is, they don't like it if a movie tries to be smart and falters in doing so. They would rather watch a movie that knows what is, dumb mindless fun. There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't deny there isn't a bias.
>>
>>81009091
he is a TERRIBLE actor who has always been a disgusting pig but for some reason now wants to pretend like he is the most forward thinking celeb ever
look i get that it might seem strange but i'll just say i'm not alone, most people remember how much of a creep he used to be and probably still is
>>
>>81009198
Why do you care about his personality? It's called acting not yourselfing, lol grow up
>>
>>81009179
what if kate leth started writing your favorite hero?

get it now?
>>
>>81009158
one reviewer said Superman drags a badguy through multiple walls

>>81009109
explain
>>
>>81009063
Right JLU where he tried to murder Darkseid in cold blood after knocking Darkseid unconscious
Fucking casuals can't even remember the things that they cite...
>>
>>81009198
He seems like an real asshole IRL but he's in a few good really good movies and his acting isn't bad at all
>>
>>81008939
It's ironic that there is more effort put into the costumes or music of this movie than in creating any of the marvel flicks yet look at the reviews. I'm speechless.
Remember the praise it got from everyone in the premiere? Now according to some critics, it is worse than Zoolander 2.
>>
I don't want it to fail. I want it to be great but I have little faith in Snyder to pull it off. The reviews don't help but I'm going to watch anyway and hope I enjoy it. And I want to see other DC characters get movies so I really, really hope this is a movie where most people disagree with the critics and it does well
>>
>>81008939
>Why do so many of you want this too fail?

Because they played it safe like they always do

>gotta stop the bad guy plot #572452

If they had any fucking balls the movie would have just simply been Batman vs Superman
>>
>>81009246
I remember when he tried to kill Darkseid when he asked him for help. Darkseid ended up turning on them when Brainiac was defeated, right?
>>
>>81009236
Might hate her as a choice but I'd still want whatever she made to be good, despite the likelihood of it not being good.
>>
>>81009225
because people who are being halfway acceotable at something generally doesn't make up for bad things they've done?

lol, think
>>
>>81009238
Actually I'll correct myself a little. He was kind of ok in JL, but by the time JLU came around he was a huge angry and moody bitch before the Cadmus stuff even ramped up. Behaved like a completely different person for no reason. Felt like I was watching a moody teenager whining about everything. It was pretty unbearable.
>>
I'm willing to wait a decade if it means a proper Batman/Superman movie. This movie being a success prolongs the wait for a proper DC movie.
>>
>>81009299
I hope this is sarcasm.
Reviews are literally saying "wait for the next marvel film".
>>
>>81009326
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Why do you think there's some element of making up for anything? It's just a dude in a movie. It's not a valuation of him as a person.
>>
>>81009033
THE CAST IS NOT THE PROBLEM. THEY WERE NEVER THE PROBLEM TO BEGIN WITH.

Snyder just isn't a competent storyteller.
>>
>>81009348
>You'd literally wait a decade even if this movie turns out successful

What do you mean by proper?
>>
>>81009367
that might be fine and good if you DONT believe that he is a pseudo intellectual who leeches off of smarter more successful people to accomplish anything

look i never said i wanted to go spit on his daughter i am just saying, this is a business, he is one sneaky and shameless business person and i hope he fails eventually
>>
>>81009407
By successful I mean monetarily successful enough to continue making movies set in the DCEU. Let's not kid ourselves anon even if this movie makes money it's shit.

By proper I mean not shit. Made by people who respect the comics. With Snyder as far away from them as possible.
>>
>>81008939
Because MoS sucked.
>>
>>81009451
Snyder respects the comics, he justs respects them for the wrong reasons, and it really, really shows.
>>
>>81009427
I'm still not really getting it. Why would thinking he's a bad person change anything? It has nothing to do with the product you are consuming.
>>
>>81009188
This. They want their super heroes to "know their place".
>>
>>81009451
You haven't even seen the movie yet and you've decided it's shit. Honestly it's just popular to hate Zack snyder even though Man of steel alone was better than anything marvel has put out. Even though it's also popular to hate man of steel and superman as a character.
>>
>>81008939
I didn't like MoS and BvS didn't look good to me, but I don't get this infantile "TOLD U SO!" and gloating about the bad reviews for the movie. Like, people wanted it to be a bad movie? I think Snyder is awful, but I would had loved for this to be a good movie, so that I could, you know, have a good movie to watch. Actually wanting it to fail boggles my mind.
>>
>>81009359
>Reviews are literally saying "wait for the next marvel film".

Those are mostly ass for the same reason. Too much fucking movie formula.

Is there literally no superhero film that isn't "superhero stops the villain because he's the only one with the power to do so"?

Batman v Superman had a chance to be EXACTLY THAT, but I'm sure some execs were worried that it might be controversial
>>
Because I'm tired of superhero movies, god damn
>>
>>81009565
You have no soul
>>
>>81009526
>You haven't even seen the movie yet and you've decided it's shit.
It's a sequel to a shit movie, with the same director. Zack Snyder hasn't made one good movie yet. It's shit anon.

>Man of steel alone was better than anything marvel has put out
No.

>Even though it's also popular to hate man of steel and superman as a character
I love Superman as a character, that's why I hate Man of Steel.
>>
>>81009528
wheredoyouthinkweare.png
>>
>>81009500
right and i am saying i disagree

in my mind a product could be tarnished by its means of productions

do you want to buy shrimp peeled by slaves? of course not, but ben affleck is not as bad as slavery he is just handsy and knows nothing about islam
>>
>>81009600
He didn't say he's sick of superheroes, just the movies

And he's not wrong. Movies are shit. 3 hours of nothing. TV series do it right because you get 10+ hours of story.
>>
File: 1362119033381.gif (698 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1362119033381.gif
698 KB, 320x240
>snyder, goyer, gadot
just that creative team alone can tell you they didn't give a shit either.
if they cared they'd put some effort into the cast too, afflec was just throwing money around for the sake of it.
it ain't personnel kid
>>
>>81008939
>why do many of you want this to fail?

It's like this
>betting on your favorite football team to lose because even though you love them you know they suck and at least you can make some money

People predicted a long time ago that BvS was going to fail. It's not that they wanted it to but that's where all the signs were pointing and now they are just rubbing it in that their predictions were correct.
>>
>>81009427

No wait hang on, he's a legitimately good director.

And anyway, I don't see how this matters to what he brings forward as an actor.
>>
File: BeNWzCnCYAAs7V_.jpg (45 KB, 599x602) Image search: [Google]
BeNWzCnCYAAs7V_.jpg
45 KB, 599x602
>Oh, and this Batman repeatedly shatters his "one rule", and kills willy-nilly while demonstrating a disturbing taste for sadistic mutilation. The excuse is that Superman has driven him to the edge – and yet this guy is still supposed to be our hero. There’s a difference between an antihero and a full-on villain, but this film never figures out where the boundaries lie.

Snyder can't keep getting away with this!
(https://youtu.be/1YVrxFmheSc)
>>
>>81009555
Did you actually think the Batman and Superman tussle was going to be the main point of the movie and not the lead up to something bigger that happens towards the end?

I cannot call to mind any initial contact between Batman and Superman that didn't involve them perhaps disagreeing, maybe getting into a fight, then quickly realized they need to work together to stop a bigger threat because they're both good guys.

That's how it works, that's how it has always worked.
>>
>>81009643
Goyer got booted for Terrio and Affleck script though
>>
>>81009010
The general public won't see it until Friday. Nice try, though.

>>81009253
He's in some truly shitty movies, almost all of them shitty because he was given some measure of creative control over them.

In particular Daredevil should have been a red flag. It's not enough to say "oh yeah but Argo" because when he made Daredevil he was already an Oscar winner.

He's just prone to making shitty movies when his ego isn't reined in.

>>81009277
>>81008939
Yeah I honestly don't want any movie to fail. Each movie you watch represents thousands of hours of work by hundreds of people over the space of several years. None of them want to make a shitty movie, it's just that sometimes personalities come to dominate the production or some kind of groupthink takes over and they end up making something terrible. On lower budgets maybe they run out of money; on something like this, they run out of people who know when to say "enough".

The fact is though, it has almost certainly failed. It's not going to make a billion, it's probably going to drop 80% on the second weekend, and it just won't recover.

What they then choose to do with the other two movies they've finished is anybody's guess. They could always cut Affleck out and do a few reshoots, try and salvage some of it. But it's not going to be easy for them, and those are the people I feel sorriest for here: the ones who are still working on their projects and looking at the way this is going and worrying that actually, maybe they've been just rolling around in cowshit for two years instead of making a decent movie. Poor dumb bastards.
>>
>>81009624
>do you want to buy shrimp peeled by slaves?

I guess we are just too different to understand each other then because I would if it was cheaper. I'm sure there's shit I buy that's made in sweatshops and all. That's up to the government to regulate. Why should I harm myself by paying more (or not metaphorically, by not watching a movie I want to watch) based on something I can't control?

Though I wasn't planning on BvS until it showed up on HBO or something so maybe it's more of an academic point of debate than truly mattering.
>>
I wanted it to be good dammit. But WB deserves it for making shit decisions. David Goyer, still? Fuck off.
>>
>>81008939

If the people in charge of these characters watched Man of Steel and said, "Lets give this guy even MORE characters! Let's give him the keys to the WHOLE UNIVERSE!" you bet your ass I hope this fails.

Incompetence should never be rewarded and if it does take ten years than great, maybe we'll have some execs who aren't complete fucking idiots by then.
>>
>>81009721
>did you seriously think oranges were the main ingredient in orange juice? it's birdshit and tapwater, dumbass! oranges go in carrot juice to make it orange!

--Florida, 2016
>>
>>81009721
By some of these accounts the movie has similar pacing to MoS and the tussle is actually towards the end after an hour and change of build up and sequel hooks. So in that sense, it is the main point of the movie.

Given that the fight and the knightmare sequence are the only two action beats even hinted at being in the movie and the aforementioned precedence I can believe that.
>>
>>81009555
>Is there literally no superhero film that isn't "superhero stops the villain because he's the only one with the power to do so"?

>Is there literally any action blockbuster where the protagonist stops the antagonist because he's the only one who's able to do so?

That describes almost any action movie in general.
>>
>>81009246

Darkseid needs killing. Singing him to death is no different than punching him to death
>>
File: 1448081385144.jpg (38 KB, 960x708) Image search: [Google]
1448081385144.jpg
38 KB, 960x708
>>81009767
Daredevil was a good movie, it just wasn't a good daredevil movie. He was also great in the town and Dogma. Suck a dick affleck is a good actor when he wants to be and yeah Argo was good.
>>
>>81009063
I didn't mind Superman killing cause honestly Batman has been doing it in movies for decades without people caring
>>
>>81009830
He's actually right. The only time they've been legitimately at odds might be something like Injustice where one of them is evil. Other times it's mind control or a little misunderstanding before they fix it and fight the real villain. That's the trope.

It's like complaining that Superman is Clark Kent or that Batman's parents got killed in an alley. It's a given.
>>
>>81009808

Only for the comics and that's only because Marvel is producing some real dogshit on that end right now
>>
>>81009063
>>81009063
Not only Superman, but FUCKING Batman too.
Now they are Anti-heroes for the EDGY teenagers and manchildren with shit tier morals.

>>81009710
>>
>>81009941

Bale, Kilmer and Keaton all killed. Why is it suddenly a problem?
>>
>>81009941
>Now they are Anti-heroes for the EDGY teenagers and manchildren with shit tier morals.

Go laugh at slapstick marvel quips and light hearted over produced faggotry then, child
>>
>>81009959
Who did Kilmer kill?
>>
>>81009959
only they actually didn't
>>
>>81009980
I don't even like fucking marvel you idiot, Batman is my favorite superhero. No YOU go watch your le edgy Deadpool.
>>
>>81009996

>throws a box of coins at Harvey, who spills his spaghetti and falls to his death

>not killing him
>>
>>81010021
>Batman is my favorite superhero

And you complain about edginess like it's a bad thing? Wew
>>
>>81009996

Two face

>>81009997

Remember when BaleBats said he wouldn't kill that Asian guy and he blew up the league of assassins headquarters and all the Ninjas inside as a result? Yeah he probably killed that guy as well. Oh and he let Ra's die
>>
>>81008939
Because Man of Steel was bad. Current public perception of Batman is bad. No one involved seems to understand the characters at all. Every trailer and promotional shot feels like a joke.
>>
>>81008939
It will still break billion, but it will be known to be one of hated DC movies among critics and fans like Bayformers.
>>
>>81009941
Batman has killed in every movie run.
Not a big thing to get upset with now, ya know.
>>
>>81010094
>Because Man of Steel was bad

It wasn't it's just popular to hate it.
>>
>>81010056
>throws a handful of coins in the air that Harvey tried reaching for like an idiot which caused him to fall and die.

If I yell to someone "hey catch this!" and throw a football off of a cliff, can I be charged with murder if if they jump off the cliff to try to catch it?
>>
>>81009868
That doesn't mean it's okay
>>
>>81010137

Didn't Reeve also kill Zod? I'm sure he also killed Nuclear Man
>>
>>81010174
Where was this logic and alleviation of responsibility when superman HAD to kill zod?
>>
>>81010145
Go to bed, Zack.
>>
>>81010174

Was your intention to murder them? Because it was Batmans
>>
>>81009946
RL too.
>>
>>81010215
I stand by it, it was good.
>>
>>81010174

If they were mentally unstable and had a compulsion to follow footballs no matter where they go, then yes.

Harvey was a literal insane person who had a borderline-fetishistic connection with his coin. Of course he would lose it if Batman did that. For fuck's sake they did the same thing in BTAS but that wasn't hanging over a pit.
>>
>>81008939
Ask WB why they want this to fail.
>>
>>81009710
Does no one remember the first batman movie? He blows on guy up, throws another from a building and straight up trys to murder the joker in the batwing
>>
File: 1458090453002.jpg (82 KB, 265x365) Image search: [Google]
1458090453002.jpg
82 KB, 265x365
Don't really care how good it actually is. I just enjoy watching people go crazy trying to discredit reviewers or trying to shit on people who are excited to see the movie. It just shows how some people desperately want this movie to be good and some people desperately want to shit on the people who want it to be good.

Seriously though, this shitstorm the RT score has produced is fucking hysterical.
>>
File: i_Xecun_J[1].jpg (459 KB, 1279x1457) Image search: [Google]
i_Xecun_J[1].jpg
459 KB, 1279x1457
>ITS THE CRITICS FAULT
>MARVEL PAYED THEM
>ITS GONNE BE GOOD HONEST
were going to get 3 years of bait threads out of this just like MOS
might aswell make a new bingo
>>
I can deal with Batman killing a villain, but killing random criminals or civilians? No. He fucking use rubber bullets in The Dark Knight Returns against the mutants.
>>
>>81010285
You don't really have to change much. Just replace the Costner and Zod ones with something bat related
>>
>>81009773
You are a disgusting sub-human.
>>
>>81008939
Snyder at some point fucked their mothers or some shit i dunno. I just can't wait for solo Batfleck movie.
>>
>>81010145
Right, yes. I forgot. People aren't allowed to have opinions that differ from yours. So sorry.
>>
File: 1436901596897.png (137 KB, 330x383) Image search: [Google]
1436901596897.png
137 KB, 330x383
>>81010285
I can't wait
>>
Why do people pretend Snyder is bad? Man of Steel was great movie
>>
>>81010285
Please do. Needs more Batman
>>
>>81010334

He straight up shoots that hostage taking mutant in the fucking face!
>>
>>81010413
>Superman gets cucked by Batman from his own bingo too
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 378x408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 378x408
Is anyone else still going to see BvS out of curiosity?
>>
>>81010397
Have you ever even seen a "great movie"? Because if you think Man of Steel is great, Ben Hur is gonna blow your mind.
>>
>>81010397
0/10 bait. Try a little harder bud
>>
File: or the villain.png (57 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
or the villain.png
57 KB, 260x260
>>81009710
>mfw I kept saying they'd make Batman into an unlikable villain to boost public reception of Superman
>mfw they might have boosted public reception of DC, in the opposite direction
>>
oh Shit, didn't realize this was /co/ since the quality of the thread was so shitty I thought I was on /tv/
>>
>>81010397
This

>>81010464
>>81010468
He's right though. It's the closest thing we've had to a good superhero movie. Go ahead and tell me how much better Antman and Captain america was though. Marvel has made shitty movies.
>>
File: 1458448236376.jpg (499 KB, 2404x845) Image search: [Google]
1458448236376.jpg
499 KB, 2404x845
I still beleive
>>
>>81010486
>/co/
>Quality
>>
>>81010458
Of course. I have to see for myself if it's really that bad or not. Almost every fan and normie I've talked to that's seen the movie loved it. I have to see for myself if it's really "not muh MCU" or if it's really shitty.
>>
>>81010458

Yeah. As long as the fight itself is good I don't really care
>>
>>81010513
Notice how the higher you go on the scale, the more divisive it gets
>>
>>81010513
>Luthor's piss jar
>Luthor's autistic designated names and logos for meta humans
>kino
>>
>>81010528
>Almost every fan and normie I've talked to that's seen the movie loved it

Same! That's why this is so bizarre
>>
>>81010550
22222deep44444u
>>
>>81010273
>this is ok because it was done before
>>
>>81010497
>Go ahead and tell me how much better Antman and Captain america was though

Why don't you just go read the reviews and find out?
>>
>>81010094
>Current public perception of Batman is bad.
Genuinely curious how
>>
>>81010497
>if you think this movie is bad you must think these movies are good!!!
no they can both be bad shill
>>
>>81010497
I've seen better superhero flicks, just not ones adapting DC or Marvel. Like that one done by the director of Eyes Without a Face.
>>
>>81010558
The bizarre thing to me is that its unanimous that it's better than MoS, but seems to be getting lower scores in every regard.
>>
>>81010582
>Critics decide for me what's a good movie

Critics also think Supergirl is better than the now cancelled Constantine.
>>
How did nobody at WB learn a thing from MoS' middling reception? Did they really just think throwing Batman in there would instantly make it good?
>>
File: Flash-Gordon.jpg (257 KB, 1134x820) Image search: [Google]
Flash-Gordon.jpg
257 KB, 1134x820
>>81010497
"Closest thing" doesn't make it good, and you're still wrong. Winter Soldier was excellent, and so were First Class and Days of Future Past. Just because it pretends to be darker and deeper doesn't automatically make it better.

P.S. the best superhero movie to date is pic related.
>>
>Not Marvel

Is basically what the negative reviews are saying.
>>
>>81010595
>>81010612
>U-unbreakable was GOAT. MARVEL AND DC BOTH A SHIT!

Figures.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 608x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 608x460
>>81008939
Because people hated MoS and just hate DC in general. DC is seen as the FoxNews of comics. It's also because many critics have a HUGE bias towards Marvel ever since the Avengers (heck, some people are turning on the X-Films). Therefore, DC movies shouldn't be allowed to exist unless made by Marvel Studios. They even went of their way to create spambots on twitter to trash the movie.
BvS is still shit. But no matter what it turned out to be, it was destined to fail.
>>
>>81010638
Yes
>>
>>81010527
I can tell when there's dog shit in my patch of dirt.
>>
>>81010660
Unbreakable was good though. Only good superhero movie Samuel L. Jackson has been in 2bh.
>>
>>81010648
Screencap 10 reviews that say "This is not Marvel"

There are way more than 10 negative reviews, so this should be easy for you.
>>
>>81010640
But it was actually good. Winter soldier was overrated trash, I can barely remember first class and Days of future past was alright. Winter soldier and Days of future past was way more pretentious and pseudo-intellectual than man of steel.
>>
>>81010640
That's not Mystery Men
>>
>>81010228
What would it matter if it was my intention? Even IF I told a judge I threw the ball hoping he would jump off the cliff to get it what would change? I don't see it as Batmans fault that Harvey was an idiot. Bottom line is Batman didn't push him off, shake the beam he was on, or throw anything at him physically that caused him to fall. All he did was toss some coins in the air.
>>
>>81010665
Also they hate Snyder because he fucked their girlfriends behind their backs or some shit. Also internet autism
>>
Al though I wanted it to be good.. DC just tries too hard and this is to me why it feels like it will not work well. /tv/ is already laughing their asses off cause the rotten tomato is at 37% or something
>>
>>81010273
>>81009710
Here's a question, did BvS establish that Batman has a rule against killing? Cause as far as I can tell they didn't do that with Burton's Batman.

If BvS doesn't establish the rule, then okay I could accept it even though I'm not thrilled with that.

If it established the rule in-story, then it'd be a bullshit contradiction within the film itself.
>>
>>81010665
This. Pure bias.
>>
>>81010665
I think he only wrote the first Thor. Still, he's responsible for one of the biggest quipfests of the MCU. It says a lot of even he's calling BS.
>>
It's not our fault that DC can't make a good movie with Batman or Superman to save their life, while Marvel can probably shit out a half-decent Gwenpool movie
>>
>>81010736
why are you ok with people fucking up characters? literally whats the point of that? lets say you convince someone so far that they would be perfectly fine with supporting a mediocre movie, what's the purpose?

getting a mediocre sequel?
>>
>>81010640
>Flash Gordan is what these plebs consider to be a good superhero movie

Everything makes sense now.
>>
File: image.png (36 KB, 364x151) Image search: [Google]
image.png
36 KB, 364x151
Do you know the oldest lie in America, senator?
>>
>>81010736
>Here's a question, did BvS establish that Batman has a rule against killing? Cause as far as I can tell they didn't do that with Burton's Batman.

I read that he does kill in the movie
>>
>>81010720
Yeah, yeah. I know, sweetie. Everything is bad except what you like.
>>
>>81010768
Maybe you should read the post before responding.
>>
>>81010760
But that's wrong because Man of steel was already better than anything Marvel has done
>>
Where did it go wrong?
>>
File: 1458711868405.jpg (247 KB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
1458711868405.jpg
247 KB, 1280x534
top kek
>>
>>81010790
>then okay I could accept it
>I could accept it
>>
File: 1422229434466.jpg (32 KB, 558x640) Image search: [Google]
1422229434466.jpg
32 KB, 558x640
>>81010769
>he doesn't like Flash Gordon
>>
File: 1440483419132.jpg (146 KB, 545x363) Image search: [Google]
1440483419132.jpg
146 KB, 545x363
>>81010787
But it's objectively true. Why don't you go back to r*ddit.
>>
File: 1454484148734.jpg (204 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
1454484148734.jpg
204 KB, 500x409
>>81008939
frankly I just don't care for the superman mythos, nor for the 'batman can fight toe to toe with anyone' argument the flick's premise is based off.

if you want me to go see a B&S movie, give me World's Finest where Superman needs the help of the greatest detective to foil a genius criminal mastermind, something that plays up the character's respective strengths rather than their weaknesses
>>
>>81010815
>can't even read the rest of the post
>>
>>81010770
Internet critics are always right?
>>
>>81009513
No. Good superhero movies, like dark knight are loved by crits.
>>
>>81010828
>I could accept it
why are you willing to accept it at all?
>>
>>81010660
I wasn't talking about Unbreakable, but yes that is a film that's better than MoS. I'd even say Watchmen was better than MoS, at least Snyder wasn't failing miserably at being deep and meaningful with his direction in that one. I'm still unsure what possessed Snyder to use that clip of the kid running around with the towel, it looked like it came straight from a Smashing Pumpkins video.
>>
>>81010820
>opinions
>objective
>>
>>81008939
Because there is nothing in the movie that I'm excited about, as I heard the news of every thing they have added I just groaned as I dislike every decision the movie makes have made
>>
>>81010633
Critics don't decide anything for me. I'm just telling you to check the reviews because the burden of having to explain why one movie was better than another doesn't exist. Nobody has to tell you shit. You think MoS was good? Fine. I don't think it was and I do think Captain America, Ant-Man, as well as many other Marvel movies were better.
>>
>>81010837
Because if the story logic is sound I could accept it even though I don't like their interpretation of a character. I don't need to throw a tantrum over shitty interpretations. Batman survived Burton's Killer Batman and Schumacher's Campy Plus Batman, he can fucking survive Snyder.
>>
>>81010841
Mine actually is though.
>>
>>81010757
I'll let you in on a secret people have no preconceived notions about Marvel characters. They're blank slates, cardboard cutouts of their comic book counterparts. Starks alcoholism? Out the window. Bruce Banner, being as smart as he is timid? No. Hawkeye being a lovable fuck up? Nah. These aren't marvel characters, they're broad generalizations of the characters with pretty coat of paint.
>>
>>81010867
>a specific plot element is inherently pretentious
>>
>yfw Bruce Timm and co. made a better BvS movie that was only 60 minutes and for a kid's show
>>
>>81010879
>I'm not saying Critics decide what's good for me
>I'm just saying you should check out the reviews because the Critics know best.
>>
>>81010895
Man, you were doing so well, but you gave yourself away.

8/10 admirable troll, my friend.
>>
>>81009876
>I-It's okay when Timm does it
fucking pathetic
>>
>>81010923
In comparison, yes.
>>
>>81010934
>being a literal retard

Not suprised you enjoyed MoS
>>
>>81010924
Bruce Timm and co. did better than any superhero movie we've gotten since 2008 for literally 5 consecutive shows. That's saying pretty much nothing.
>>
File: 1458588716646.jpg (84 KB, 493x562) Image search: [Google]
1458588716646.jpg
84 KB, 493x562
>>81010941
>>
>>81010974
Darkseid had put him through a lot of shit over a long period though.
>>
>>81009767
>won't see it til friday
>what are other countries
The world isn't just America anon.
>>
>Richard Roeper liked it
>>
>>81011044
I thought this movie did well overseas?
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 621x371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 621x371
Why can't people accept that it was a genuinely bad movie?

There's no conspiracy or bias.
>>
>>81011072
Do you?

pre·ten·tious
prəˈten(t)SHəs/
adjective
adjective: pretentious

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
"a pretentious literary device"

Those movies were Marvels attempts at insisting upon itself.
>>
>>81010867
>a conspiracy movie about a brainwashed cyborg and Bill & Ted's Uncanny Adventure is more pretentious than alien jesus being skewered by a kyryptonite lance of longinus for our sins
>>
>>81010770
That you don't piss in people's drinks?
>>
>>81011107
the DC Internet Defense Force has to defend their movie somehow.

Too bad Snyder couldn't make the movie at least mediocre instead of just outright bad. It would have made their jobs easier.
>>
a nonsensical and jarring hallucination/dream/whatever in which Pa tells a story about how he once saved the Kent family farm from drowning, but in the process he flooded the next farm over. Pa heard the screams of the drowning horses in his sleep every night.

Guys.....
>>
File: image.png (556 KB, 607x817) Image search: [Google]
image.png
556 KB, 607x817
Today, is a day for truth

The world needs to know what happened and for what he stands for

That kind of power is very dangerous
>>
>>81011141
Yes. Man of steel was pretty straight forward in comparison and he's more of a cultural icon anyways. It wasn't nearly as pretentious as Winter soldier and days of future past.
>>
>>81010796
Oh my god. I see why they like the movie. See how they all write, like pretentious cunts- too many metaphors, they don't even know what they are saying. So fucking vague with no substance, just like MoS; lacking everything except subtlety.
>>
>>81011169
Kevin Costner came back for this shit?
>>
>people have it out for DC films
>b-but this movie is going to make billions anyways!
>and The Dark Knight is a better movie than anything Marvel has ever made!
Do anyone else see the problem with this?
>>
>>81011137
Those plot elements are just standard sci-fi stuff, calling them pretentious is like calling the space-ships and space magic narrative in star wars pretentious.

The pretentiousness of MoS comes out not in Aliens invading, but in shit like the cringeworthy and obvious Jesus allusions.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 758x606) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 758x606
>>
>>81010840
>I'm still unsure what possessed Snyder to use that clip of the kid running around with the towel,
Snyder explained the reasoning behind it.
It's 1. Because Clark's kryptonian genes (the ones he's not a slave to) compelled him to wear a cape
2. So Jonathan could see who Clark would grow up to be before he took dive into a twister.
>>
File: Belloq.gif (2 MB, 360x150) Image search: [Google]
Belloq.gif
2 MB, 360x150
How do DC/WB manage to fuck up this badly time after time?
>>
>>81011259
Shut up Roger Moore, the only service here is your mom sucking on everyone's cock
>>
>>81011259
Based Roger "glib facsimile" Moore
>>
>>81010198
He didn't kill Zod.

What happened with Superman I and II is they were made by the Salkinds; there's actually a thing called the Salkind Clause that prevents actors and crew being hired for one production that then gets split into multiple productions but still only pays for one production - this was because of the Three Musketeers/Four Musketeers movies they produced in the early 70s, which were originally going to be one movie.

That was just how they liked to work; as long as everybody's getting paid it's fair enough, there's nothing wrong with shooting movies and sequels back to back - but it also happened with Superman I and II, and when Donner quit (resulting in another director finishing off) a lot of the material he'd shot was left out of the edit. The theatrical release has Superman dropping Zod and his cronies into a misty pit; audiences didn't like that, so for the tv edits and other later releases the scene of them being handed over - along with Luthor - to the "Arctic Patrol", a fictional police/military patrol in the Arctic circle, presumably near the Fortress of Arrogance. The Donner Cut - as released on DVD a few years back - also reinstates this scene, I believe. In any case I think Donner's on record as saying Superman didn't kill them in his version.

Superman destroys the second Nuclear Man by depositing him in the reactor of a nuclear power plant, turning him into electricity (yeah), something he understands will work after having destroyed the first Nuclear Man (Clive Mantle) by knocking him into the arrestors of a power line (in a deleted scene). Since both Nuclear Men were essentially programmed evil clones of Superman with lifespans of perhaps a few days, it's debatable whether killing them was murder in the way that breaking Zod's neck was, but the second Nuclear Man is definitely the model Snyder chose for his Zod's behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chdVDWYR6Ac
>>
>>81010796
Nolan is better than Snyder, that simple.
>>
>>81011236
>>81011236
Those two movies were a change of pace for marvel and them trying to take their property a little more seriously, but they are still shit. Also

>A Jesus allegory that's been a part of the character for decades is more pretentious than MUH FREEDOM GOVERNMENT COVER UPS, DUDE ROBOTS FROM THE FUTURE LMAO
>>
>>81011063
Its not out anywhere. It was just the press screenings
>>
>>81011107
Because I haven't seen it yet.
>>
>>81010198
>>81011310
It's also worth noting that in the previous movie, Superman literally strangled his evil self to death. He also "kills" a self-aware computer, though I can't recall offhand whether he was aware that the computer had become self-aware at that point.

>>81011215
He just wants a Waterworld crossover with Aquaman. It's networking.
>>
>>81008939
I didn't want it to fail.

I just thought Man of Steel was terrible, and also didn't agree with basically every new casting decision, so I know it'd end up being bad. Which it is. So yeah I called it like 100 times in MoS or BvS shill threads
>>
>>81011329
It's amazing that putting that in greentext and strawmanning the fuck out of it doesn't make it sound any less true.

That's how little you actually manage to use the word pretentious correctly.
>>
>>81011329
im convinced this is a falseflag with how poorly you are making your argument
>>
>>81011044
The only places it's been shown so far have had a single premiere. That's it.

There are a lot of openers today (23 March) but not for a few hours. So nobody's seen it.

Maybe you should relax, eh?
>>
You'd think after divisive opinion on Man of Steel, Warner Bros. would find a different director.
>>
File: seriously.jpg (30 KB, 238x480) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
30 KB, 238x480
I feel bad for DC at this point. They just can't do it.
>>
The worst thing about all this is that it gives haters validation and vindication, and now they get to go around spouting shit like "Well I always knew. That's too bad." Fuck off.
>>
The gritty grim style might work if it was actually a Batman v Superman movie that dealt in the moral, legal, practical and philosophical implications of a godlike figure like Superman being on earth and not actually a bullshit lie marketing campaign title with a movie actually about people teaming up to punch a CGI monster to death.

The serious tone kinda breaks when you're just making generic shit.
>>
File: image.png (47 KB, 200x144) Image search: [Google]
image.png
47 KB, 200x144
Ben Affleck: WHAT DID I SAY!

Zack Snyder: g-good mo...t-to make a movie

Ben Affleck: WHAT DID I TELL YOU TO DO!

Zack Snyder: t-to make a good movie

Ben Affleck: A GOOD MOVIE! I come to work and I have to look at this mess.

Zack Snyder: I-I can make a good movie...

Ben Affleck: You SHOULD'VE made a good movie! This was supposed to revitalize my career in super hero action genre blockbusters cinéma by being a good movie!

Zack Snyder: What?

Ben Affleck: YOU HEARD ME!
>>
>Pa Kent shows up again in BvS, in a nonsensical and jarring hallucination/dream/whatever in which Pa tells a story about how he once saved the Kent family farm from drowning, but in the process he flooded the next farm over. Pa heard the screams of the drowning horses in his sleep every night.

This happened in a Superman movie.
>>
Reboot time?
>>
So 4 more years of shitposting then?
>>
>>81011457

They're too desperate to make any super hero dosh. They're willing to ignore MoS critical tanking and poor post opening performance.
>>
Batman.
Versus.
Superman.

That's all people wanted. Maybe throw in some Justice League characters, fucking sure why not. But it's not Batman v Superman, it's fucking Lex convincing Batman to be sorta afraid of Superman until the big CGI baddie comes along. It's not about differences in ideals and methods. It's about being tricked.
>>
>>81011538
That happened in Silence of the Lambs, shut up bitch
>>
>>81011538
Pa Kent is really fucked up
>>
>>81011517
Remember Affleck's "bad leg" that prevented him from starting filming, and then magically as soon as Terrio was signed up his leg was fine again, and also it was fine at all his public appearances in between?

Ego will kill any project, anon. Can you blame Affleck for wanting to control something he'd originally turned down? No. Should you? Yes.
>>
>>81011535
You know, if this was the 80s I'm certain you could have told me the entire crew was jacked up on coke the whole time and I'd have bought it as an excuse.

Now, man I got nothing
>>
>>81011572
Honestly I want a movie about all the fucked up shit Pa Kent's seen that apparently caused him to lose all faith in humanity and commit suicide via tornado.

THAT sounds like a fun time for viewers of all ages.
>>
>>81011572
>Should I have let those kids drown, pa?
>Yeah, drown 'em. Drown 'em like the horses they really are. Did I ever tell you about your brother, Arthur? We keep him in the basement. You know, the permanently flooded one. Stupid sea-horse asshole.
>>
>>81011569
>It's not about differences in ideals and methods. It's about being tricked.
It's both of those things. Lex took something that was already there: the anger, fear, distrust, and lit a fire under it to make it even worse.
>>
>>81008939
Do it right or don't do it at all.
>>
>>81010974

What? It's OK when anyone does it. Darkseid isn't some faggot criminal who can be rehabilitated he's a evil God who needs to die
>>
>>81008939
I wanted it to be good. But you could see the approach being shite a mile away.
>>
File: prayer circle.png (27 KB, 896x369) Image search: [Google]
prayer circle.png
27 KB, 896x369
When your movie is so bad it converts reddit to Christianity.
No atheists in the foxholes m8
>>
>>81008939

Warner Bros. is going to be so disappointed with the box office haul.
>>
They should have just actually made a Batman v Superman film.

Nobody wanted to see "Dishonest premise: Let's all punch a CGI monster and try to set up a Justice League movie".
>>
On the bright side at least that solo batman film will be rushed out for 2018 to replace aquaman or flash
>>
>>81011693
Are you kidding me? Regardless of the critical reception, BvS is still going to make WB a lot of money.
>>
>>81009091
Your post proves you're retarded. Bale is an actual actor. Affleck is a fucking meme. Dumb fucker.
>>
>>81011636
Like Zod?
>>
>>81008939
I just want Snyder out
>>
>>81011702
your definition has nothing to do with standard sci-fi elements being put in a comic book film you idiot.
>>
>>81011739
>>81011751
Do y'all seriously not know the "wife's son" meme?
>>
>>81011733

What the fuck mate? Who cares about Zod. I never once brought it up but you seem intent on arguing about MoS
>>
>>81008939
HAHAHAHA! Nobody wants DC to fail. We're just not stupid enough to eat the shit they're spoon feeding you. The movie doesn't look good, Suicide Squad doesn't either. As long as you faggots keep pretending everything they do is awesome it will never get better.
>>
File: drowninghorse.jpg (25 KB, 490x281) Image search: [Google]
drowninghorse.jpg
25 KB, 490x281
>Pa Kent shows up again in BvS, in a nonsensical and jarring hallucination/dream/whatever in which Pa tells a story about how he once saved the Kent family farm from drowning, but in the process he flooded the next farm over. Pa heard the screams of the drowning horses in his sleep every night.

I bet the horse was crying out for Superman to save it will Pa was holding him back
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 599x337
JUST
>>
>>81009010
So transformers? Yeah, imma pass.
>>
>>81009767
Are you really comparing Daredevil Affleck to recent Affleck?

Check Gone Girl. The guy is better and if he has someone somewhat decent writing his character he can be great.
>>
>>81011796
>STOP MY INVINCIBLE JOCKEY
>>
>>81011796

STOP UNDROWNABLE SON!
>>
>>81011803
That said, will BvS be this year's Fant4stic
>>
>>81008939
1.) It's not going to fail, don't be stupid.
2.) I didn't want it to fail, I wanted it to be enjoyable. It didn't need to be Marvel lolrandumb humor tier comedy, but it needed to be (a) good, and (b) not a depressing slog like MoS.

Looks like I'm not getting what I wanted, though.
>>
>>81011832

Nah cause it's going to make money. My bet is on X-Men
>>
File: 1906686-superhorse.jpg (14 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1906686-superhorse.jpg
14 KB, 320x240
>>81011796
>Stop my invincible kryptonian horse
>>
>>81011702
>deleted

Top fucking kek
>>
>>81011752
But that definition applies to that plotline regardless of it's use of sci-fi elements that are pretentious aswell
>>
>>81011841
It already critically failed and that's more important than box office. Would rather have an acclaimed flop than a successful turkey.

Fucking Snyder, now DC is just the Transformers of comic books and we can never, EVER go back.

Someone just put him in a wheelchair already, it's more than he deserves.
>>
>>81011796
Jesus Christ why DC why?
>>
>>81011796
/tv/ FUCKING LEAVE BITCHES
YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COMIC BOOKS
>>
>>81011857
X=Men actually looks good. BvS looks like it's aimed at autistic children. Are you retarded or just butthurt about GreenLantern/Catwoman all over again?
>>
>>81011911
Which comic book has Luthor trolling a senator with a jar of piss because I will go to Amazon and buy that comic right this second.
>>
>>81011941
>X=Men actually looks good

Nah it looks shit. You can throw DC at me (I don't know why) but Apocalypse looks dreadful
>>
>>81008939
Reps from DC have gone on the record saying that if BvS is poorly recieved it would put a huge dent in their DCEU plans.

I want to see them in damage control mode and back peddle their asses, and HOPEFULLY it sends a message to marvel in some way or form to start worrying.
>>
>>81011964
Probably a morrison run
>>
>>81008939
Because shitposting is way more fun than this movie could ever be.
>>
>>81011988
>Reps from DC have gone on the record saying that if BvS is poorly recieved it would put a huge dent in their DCEU plans.
No they haven't
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.