[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what was the best Spielberg produced animated series of the 90s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1421x442) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1421x442
what was the best Spielberg produced animated series of the 90s? These are my favourites, but there are others
>>
>>80609791
These three and Freakazoid are the big four. Personally, I like Pinky and the Brain the most.
>>
>what was the best Spielberg produced animated series of the 90s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NLrjVnMO7k
>>
>>80609791
Was Hysteria! a Spielberg show? I think I remember it being on the Warner Bros. channel.
>>
File: Toonsylvania.jpg (60 KB, 313x235) Image search: [Google]
Toonsylvania.jpg
60 KB, 313x235
Best is Animaniacs, but it was a hard decision.

I love all of them except histeria which I never even heard up despite growing up during that period.

Toonsylvania is disgustingly underrated. Just as good as the rest.

I'd go in this order even though my order will constantly change

>6. Histeria
>5. Tiny Toons
>4. Pinky and the Brain
>3. Toonsylvania
>2. Freakazoid
>1. Animaniacs

I can't believe how low Tiny Toons is on my list. I love them all so much it's hard to put it at #5. Like I said, the only 1 I don't care for is Histeria.
>>
>>80609791
Pinky and the Brain and Larry for sure.
>>
>>80613156
Larry and the Brain would be a great show.
>>
File: PEATB-Artwork_1093[1].jpg (30 KB, 325x400) Image search: [Google]
PEATB-Artwork_1093[1].jpg
30 KB, 325x400
>>80613156
You got the title wrong but don't worry, I included a visual aide to help you next time.
>>
>>80613489
That wasnt bad, but ruined the flow of Pinky and The Brain.
>>
File: 1310762705254.jpg (28 KB, 325x222) Image search: [Google]
1310762705254.jpg
28 KB, 325x222
>no on remembers the Casper cartoon
Favorite Spielberg cartoon
>>
>>80613603
The one from the 60's? Spielberg worked on that?
>>
>>80613693
No the 90s one. Thanks for reinforcing my post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVlyojsNpT8
>>
>>80613722
The 90's one was crap and forgetable.
>>
Why are american cartoons so amazing? I made a list of my top 30 favourite cartoons and none of them were made in my country.. Why are the rest of us so shitty at making them aside from the Japs?
>>
>>80614082

Are you Canadian?
>>
File: 1230102956054.jpg (48 KB, 600x361) Image search: [Google]
1230102956054.jpg
48 KB, 600x361
>>80612987
Am I the only person in the world who liked Histeria? I'm pretty sure I am.
>>
>>80614187
The only shows I actually watched on early WB was Animaniacs, Pinky & the Brain, and Freakazoid!.

Was Road Rovers a WB show?
>>
>>80614244
Yes.

So was Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries.
>>
Freakazoid, for sure.
>>
>>80614107
I am canadian but I live in London.
>>
>>80610391
I don't think Histeria was one of Spielberg's creations, but considering it had a similar comedy style as the cartoons he was involved in. it's easy to mistake it for one of his.

I never saw Earthworm Jim, but I loved Freakazoid, Animaniacs, and Tiny Toons back in the day. Pinky and The Brain had it's moments, but it's low on the totem pole, imho.
>>
>>80613722
Never watched it, would've liked to give it a shot
>>
>>80614715
Histeria was Spielberg, Earthworm Jim was not.

Also Pinky and The Brain was incredible. The Brain is one of the funniest cartoon characters ever created. His one-liners alone were legitimately laugh out loud funny if you go back and watch it.
>>
>>80614082
>>80614315
There's more money backing American productions, which means the American market can afford to create a higher quality product.
>>
They're all pretty great, it's honestly hard for me to choose.

I can see why some people get turned off from the pop culture references and in-jokes in Animaniacs though. Never got why people say the same of Tiny Toons, the worst "pop culture" jokes I remember are references to classic movies, which is in line with what the original Looney Tunes did.

For all of this, Pinky and the Brain and Freakazoid probably aged the best. Pinky and the Brain in particular, for using settings and concepts from pre-established properties, but then largely keeping to its own jokes within those settings. Truthfully though, they all sometimes strayed into straight up parody, remember the Hello, Dolly! skit in Freakazoid?

In any case, they were really more noteworthy for bringing high-quality animation, writing, and music I'm a sucker for orchestral scores to the TV screen, on a level sometimes in competition with the actual cartoons from the 40's-50's they were based on. Without them, the Simpsons, and Ren and Stimpy, I doubt that modern Western animation would have ever gotten out of the stilted animation, drab writing, and afterthought of music from the 70's-80's.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.