[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Ed, Edd and Eddy really that good? I had no idea /co/ likes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: copoll.png (154 KB, 312x597) Image search: [Google]
copoll.png
154 KB, 312x597
I Ed, Edd and Eddy really that good? I had no idea /co/ likes it so much. All the related threads I've seen were just Marie Kanker fap threads, so I thought that's the only reason people mention it.

I remember watching it as a kid, is it worth watching now that I'm older?
>>
>>78918173
It almost perfectly encapsulates a lot of what childhood is like and can be pretty damn funny.
>>
Totally worth it.

I don't know about others but it makes me miss my childhood. Otherwise it's always a comfy watch. S1 sucks ass though and the later school ones are too weird.
>>
It might not be that it's "that good" but that the same people who voted in the poll are also fans of it but they're mainly fans of Steven Universe. Weren't you able to vote for three shows in that poll? So it was generally a "same interests crowd" type of thing. If you were only able to vote for one, I imagined it would be waaaay at the bottom.
>>
>>78918580
It was five votes and I voted for Steven Universe, though I didn't expect it to be that high. I also voted for The Maxx but it got the last spot.
>>
>>78918173
>1. Steven Universe

/co/ is so tsundere.
>>
>>78918643
I think /sug/ is just bigger than any of us want to admit.
>>
>>78918173
>>78918173
>Steven universe
/co/mblr is REAL
>>
The art style is too ugly for me to watch it. Even as a kid I didn't like it because it was such an ugly-looking show.
>>
>>78918643
>>78918693
>>78918701
eh, it was completely ridiculous that the simpsons isn't the #1 /co/ show no matter how much you hate the zombie simpsons
>>
>>78918701
More like Steven Universe is good.
>>
>>78918724
>The Simpsons
>Ever good
>>
>>78918724
No, all of the shows in OP's pick are better than the Simpsons.
>>
>>78918771
Steven Universe is OK but is way too derivative to really make it stand out and for me personally the fact that they have to distill any sort of character development into 12 minutes detracts from what they seem to want to get across, on top of being pretentious.
Its ok. Not amazing. But of course in the spirit of 4chan, a difference of opinion means that whatever it is being argued about is worse than Hitler and Stalin's lovechild.
>>
>>78918816
>>78919033
You're both awful.
>>
>>78918173
It's worth watching it, it mostly aged well and it's funny even for adults. Although imo it's a bit overrated by /co/ nowadays.
>>
I dunno why I wasted my votes on less popular things.
>>
>>78919105
Who cares, polls don't matter.
>>
>>78919105
Why so, what did you vote for?
>>
>>78918173
I don't think that a batman: tool assisted speedrun can be concidered a cartoon OP
>>
>>78918173
childhood:the cartoon. this show had guts and didnt hold any punch.it was funny creative and relatable.sure the cast is small but we all know someone that fill the role of any on these kids.
>>
>>78918173
What the hell, is this /co/ or some /reddit/tumblr/ crossover?
>>
>>78919062
How is it pretentious? There's no symbolism anywhere and the characters all cry their motivations if anything it's too straight forward.
>>
File: Ed hole loop.gif (321 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Ed hole loop.gif
321 KB, 300x225
It started out kind of rough but found its footing pretty quickly. The animation is superb, especially for something that aired on TV, and easily makes up for the art style if you're averse to it (it looks much better in motion). It's one of the few shows where the actual quality of the animation improved as it went on, as it seems like they actually used their larger budgets to their fullest.

The comedy is focused on character humor and slapstick, but there's a lot of verbal comedy too and great use of sound effects. On that note, the music was largely a small jazz band, which was composed on a per-episode basis to correspond with whatever was happening on screen. It's also very aware that its a cartoon, and utilizes that idea to its fullest potential (picture very related).

There are a few other areas it really excelled at, too. Its specials were all top-notch, in fact the Christmas and Halloween episodes are some of the best in the show. It focused less on the "scam" premise and more on character-based humor and surreal situations as the series went on, but pulled it off flawlessly. The school episodes aren't as good, but they're not as bad as some people make them out to be. It ended with a conclusive movie, which like the specials is one of the best things that the show produced, and the production values are somehow even better still.

It's a really great cartoon, yeah. In fact I'd say that there's only one or two truly bad episodes in its whole run.
>>
It's garbage, and people only like it because childhood nostalgia.

Five years from now /co/ will be filled with faggots talking about how great Johnny Test was.
>>
>Simpsons not even top ten

Fucking hell, I'm only in my late twenties and I'm clearly old as fuck compared to most of this underage board.
>>
>>78923607
We know you're trying, anon, and if we know, then you failed as a troll.
>>
>>78924647
>liking newer things means you're underaged.

>>>/facebook/
>>
File: 1410053919930.jpg (56 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1410053919930.jpg
56 KB, 919x720
>>78918173
>SU
>>
File: Ass to Ass.jpg (8 KB, 349x237) Image search: [Google]
Ass to Ass.jpg
8 KB, 349x237
>>78918173

So ignoring /sug/ raiding:

>Avatar
>Rick and Morty
>Ed Edd N'Eddy
>Futurama
>Gravity Falls

>TFW they're practically your top 5 as well.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.