[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't usually use the term "mean-spirited" but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: JL3K.jpg (1 MB, 1788x1688) Image search: [Google]
JL3K.jpg
1 MB, 1788x1688
I don't usually use the term "mean-spirited" but it really does describe what this series has become to a T.
>>
>>78403103
Superman's death seemed to be for the purpose of raising the stakes at elast.

Barry and Pixie Hal's do seem a bit pointless though.
>>
>>78403103
Bottom left Flash looks an old man whose beard has grown so big, it's encompassed his whole face. Add goggles to that and it's great.
>>
Looks more like "nothin personnel" to me.
>>
>>78403103
JL 3000/1 is still the best series DC has
>>
>>78403103
3k1 used to be a fun read, I hate it when the pull the rug from under like this.
>>
>Tiny Hal dead
dropped
>>
>>78403570
Tiny Hal?
>>
What even is this
>>
>>78406345
Read the filename.
>>
File: 1440703291428.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1440703291428.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>78403103
>>78403125

I am truly hoping that this is all for a big fake out, or come back scene when the OG Justice League is resurrected by Lois Lane and Asshole-Superman, with flight and eye beams, lays the beat down on the robots.

Now, what I hope it ISN'T, is an excuse to go alll GRRRLLLLL power Justice League 3k.
>>
>>78403103
geez. Was JL3000 taken over by feminists or something? Why are they all women now?
>>
File: 1411868933180.jpg (716 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1411868933180.jpg
716 KB, 1920x1080
>>78406301
He got shrunk down to a few inches tall so people nicknamed him Tiny Hal or Pixie Hal
>>
>>78406406
There's a couple girls. It's not all women, even with these deaths.
>>
>>78406436
arn't all the male members dead now? So what it's WW, Supergirl and F(emale)lash now?
>>
>>78406436

Only Firestorm.
>>
>>78403501
Most of /co/ would agree that Grayson is actually the best ongoing they have.
>>
>>78406458
No, he died too
>>
Giffen has always comes off as mean-spirited to me.
>>
>>78406478
Giffen frequently comes off like a mean old man, yes

Remember the end of Threshold? Or that page earlier in JL3001 with a pile of dead Legionnaires? Or how he blew up the Earth in Legion 5YL just because he could get away with it?
>>
>>78406494
Yeah, he wanted to have the opening issue of Lobo:Unbound to have Slobo dead and being roasted on a spit. Peter David was so agahst by that he he had him killed and turned into a statue in the last issue of Young Justice just so Giffen wouldn't be able to do that.
>>
>>78406463

Fuck me! How'd it happen, that guy was Dr. Manhattan on steroids.
>>
>>78406519
I dunno but he looks pretty dead to me
>>
>>78406456
WW, Flash, Supergirl, Bea, Tora, Gal Gardner, and a girl in a Batsuit mech that's the descendent of Bruce.
Blue & Gold aren't confirmed dead, so they're probably somewhere
>>
File: aunthalhelen.jpg (375 KB, 983x993) Image search: [Google]
aunthalhelen.jpg
375 KB, 983x993
>Pixie Hal is dead
>we probably won't even get a fem Spectre Hal as a replacement
fuck this gay earth
>>
>>78406505
Why was everyone so fucking offended by Slobo anyway? Lobo was a fucking garbage character so don't try to claim they "ruined" him or whatever. Practically makes me thankful for Gaybo, at least nobody worships that piece of trash anymore.
>>
>>78406591
Who hated Slobo? He was a qt
>>
>>78406576
I would. That is all.
>>
>>78406602
Lobo fans and writers at the time, Didio hated him too.
>>
>>78406591
Lobo's an intentionally-obnoxious parody character, Giffen was annoyed that PAD created a likable version of someone who's supposed to be unlikable.
>>
>>78406406
Because why not? Everything doesn't need to feature men all the time.
>>
>>78406648

A big dynamic that was fun in JL3k was the corruption of Superman/Batman and how they hate-liked each other.

Don't you get enough grl power from Girl-Thor?
>>
They're going to kill off Booster Gold and Ted now, aren't they? Or have they already?
>>
>>78406624
That's retarded. Fuck Giffen.
>>
>>78406711
Now we get that with Supergirl and Batmech.
>>78406733
Blue, Gold, and Bat were never shown dead, they're probably going to show up in the last issue riding turtle-Jimmy.
>>
>>78406733
We didn't see any bodies, so they might be alive
>>
>>78406591
>Lobo was a fucking garbage character

shit taste desu senpai
>>
>>78406494
>pile of dead Legionnaires

If my book was at any point accused of "replacing" something else and that ended in me getting a ton of shit for it, I would do the same damn thing.
>>
>>78406406
It's not unusual when a team is entirely or mostly male, being entirely or mostly female shouldn't be a "feminist" thing.
>>
>>78406755
No, fuck you.
>>
>>78407678
Fuck me? Fuck you, buddy.
>>
>>78407645
Fucking this. Everything is fucking always entirely male. All the goddammit time, every goddammit time.
>>
>>78407645

Women make up single-digit percentages of the police force and firefighters. We're only now starting to let any women in military combat roles.

Maybe, just maybe, there is an in-world reason for more men being interesting in taking up superheroics as a full-time gig.

Nevermind the sorts of accidents that produce metahumans tends to occur around STEM field occupations. Bruce Banner probably wouldn't be the Hulk if he'd been a dental hygienist.
>>
>>78407747
He's not your buddy, guy.
>>
>>78409068
>Maybe, just maybe, there is an in-world reason for more men being interesting in taking up superheroics as a full-time gig.
lol it's fucking fiction and they have super powers, why SHOULDN'T there be an equal number of female superheroes?
>>
>>78407645
>being entirely or mostly female shouldn't be a "feminist" thing.
Sure, but if you need to kill all the male characters first, it isn't just feminist it's downright tumblrist.
>>
>>78409140

Well, as I said, some superpowers are the results of accidents, those accidents usually being science/tech related. Reed's spaceflight, Banner's gamma bomb, Flash's chemical spill. If you're not in the science or engineering fields then the odds are going to be a bit against you on that front.

For the truly random orgins like mutants and inhumans, you'll still have individuals deciding whether or not to enter the "career" of superheroics. She-Hulk spends more time in court than in battles anymore. Sue took extensive time off from adventuring to bear and raise Franklin. People make choices.

Yes its fiction, do whatever you wish. But saying that more men being superheroes isn't realistic is your own dragging realism into the discussion, and in the real world women tend to avoid the hazardous careers like police, firefighting, construction and the STEM careers that in the comics produce most non-mutant heroes.
>>
>>78409068
>Bruce Banner probably wouldn't be the Hulk if he'd been a dental hygienist.
Doom's thrice removed cousin.
>>
>>78409339
Believe it or not Giffen said it was a coincedence and this is just how the story turned out. I believe him, he has no reason to lie.
>>
>>78409339
> downright tumbler

Yeah that's why Gal Gardner is still around, I'm sure all her comments are just loved by the PC crowd
>>
>>78409339
Nah, it reads more like the guy just got bored of writing the current story, wanted to do an all female book and drastically changed directions in the most extreme way he could think of.
We can debate on whether that's bad or not ( I personally think that if someone is assigned their own sandbox, they should still treat it with some respect and planning), but it doesn't really strike me as something particularly Tumblr-y
>>
>>78409357
>and in the real world women tend to avoid the hazardous careers like police, firefighting, construction and the STEM careers that in the comics produce most non-mutant heroes.
Well then that's just ignoring that women have been deliberately kept out of those fields, or in some cases don't fit physical requirements, not that there aren't any who WANT to do those things

Also it's an absurd argument to apply to superhero books anyway, because there is nothing preventing a comic writer from making a science lab be 50/50 male/female or adding more women to a police force. Using "it's not realistic!" as an excuse to say that teams that are 5 men and 1 woman are okay but a team that's 5 women and 1 man is feminazi tumblr sjw stuff is retarded

also it doesn't apply at all to JL3001 where Diana, Kara, Tora have their abilities naturally, and Teri, Batman-girl, and Fire all got them in ways that did not involve being a man in a science lab (Teri and Ariel helped develop the tech that gave Teri her powers, and Batman/girl worked on her tech herself too)
>>
>>78409440
Guy is kill soon. He never did make that appointment and Firestorm's now dead, Cadmus is finished. Say hello to Shiryalla.
>>
>>78409487
>Well then that's just ignoring that women have been deliberately kept out of those fields, or in some cases don't fit physical requirements, not that there aren't any who WANT to do those things
_WHY_ there were fewer women is not relevant, though.

And in JL3k it's the far future, so it doesn't matter anyway because Booster can punch women due true equality
>>
>>78403501
I would agree with you up until the point at which they stopped using Booster and Blue. Now I think the writers don't know what they want the series to bee so they give us something completely different every 2 issues.
>>
>>78403361
Personal.
>>
File: green_brown_mice.jpg (28 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
green_brown_mice.jpg
28 KB, 500x366
>>78409357
There are actually more women earning biology degrees than men (60.8% female in 2011). Never mind the fact, that a huge number of superhumans are just born with powers due to being mutants or aliens.
>>
>>78409520
Also add "Lobotomizing Terry before killing him in the annihilation of Cadmus-world" >>78406529 to Giffen's list of mean-spirited acts.
>>
>>78409706
Yeah, nowadays it's statistically more likely for a young woman to get into a biology-related accident than a young man.

Most superheroes are 20 years old at least, though.
>>
Giffen is a fairly mean-spirited guy. I don't know why you're surprised.
>>
File: delayclose.jpg (93 KB, 380x247) Image search: [Google]
delayclose.jpg
93 KB, 380x247
>>78409693
>>
>>78406301
>>78406416
The worst part is that it was established that he was dying due to his powers (being a living battery.) and after a timeskip was never addressed.
If they wanted to give him a sendoff, they could have done it offscreen, then resurrect him as Spectre.
But instead he got crushed by debris, never uttering a line since the timeskip.
>>
>>78410974
He had 1.1 pages of dialogue.
>>
>>78410974
>then resurrect him as Spectre.
I'm still holding out hope ;_;

Maybe I should tweet that lady Spectre to DeMatteis just to remind him
>>
>>78410974
It would be an awesome reveal if he did a full on phoenix rising from the ashes as the new host.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.