[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swr/ - Star Wars: Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: Rancor1.jpg (160 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Rancor1.jpg
160 KB, 960x540
Rancor - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/swr/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg
http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander (/swr/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

Download links (Books, Comics, Rebels, Films, etc): http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya
>>
File: Ahsoka6.png (302 KB, 752x1055) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka6.png
302 KB, 752x1055
ORANGE BUTTCHEEKS
R
A
N
G
E
>>
File: 1450469148925.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450469148925.gif
107 KB, 300x300
First for Trey Tor
>>
TFA is for plebs
>>
Can anyone remember that internet autist Supershadow? He used to pretend he was bffs with Lucas and they he gave Lucas the ideas for most of Star Wars.
>>
TFA was mediocre and won't even do any good for the long time lore like the prequels at least did.
>>
File: snoke.jpg (209 KB, 647x622) Image search: [Google]
snoke.jpg
209 KB, 647x622
Take a listen to this, the track is Palpatine's Teachings from the Episode 3 soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRaiLY23gU8 [Embed]
This is the music that plays during the scene where Palpatine tells Anakin a certain story about a certain Sith Lord. Special focus on the chanting in the first minute.

Now listen to Snoke's theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSQ3BJVMfAI [Embed]

Coincidence? Hmmmmmm...
>>
Wait, is there nothing after Legacy?
>>
>>78288360
Winter break, new episodes start back in January
>>
>>78288350
>Anakin is the Chosen One destined to bring balance to the Force by destroying the Sith
>oh, remember Emperor's master Darth Plagueis? He's here! Oh, and that Maul guy is still somewhere around
>>
BB-8 is entirely representative of the new trilogy.

>Cute
>Derivative
>Non-threatening
>Goes along with whatever everyone expects of him (?)
>no depth or true personality beyond that
>>
>>78288350
SHIIEEET
>>
>>78288371
To be fair, Maul hasn't been confirmed to survive past TCW. Counting the story reels, comics, novel, and the arcs that were previewed at Celebration, we still have about a season and a half of episodes that we've seen nothing about. I think it's likely they had a planned death for him.

But yeah, Plagueis being around this far out would be retarded.
>>
>>78288360
Every cartoon series ever seems to take a winter break. Rebels is no exception. In fact, I'm surprised they kept airing it for as long as they did. I suppose they found the new movie coming out a good time to put their own stuff on hold.
>>
I've been listening to the TFA OST, and damn, Williams didn't put much effort into it. All his new themes seem to be in the end credits and Rey's Theme, but you can see the musical structure of the new trilogy in the end credits.

I think he was half-assing it this time because of all the callbacks.
>>
>>78288371
Maul is probably dead before Episode 6 happens. Plagueis would ruin the prophecy, though.
>>
>>78288392
It's hard to tell if this was due to Williams just not having the spark anymore, or if Abrams just wasn't giving him the right feedback. I'm thinking it was a mix of the two.
>>
>>78288392
Yeah, there was so many fucking callbacks, none of the new stuff was good at all. Worst soundtrack of all the movies.
>>
>>78288382
He's the first likeable droid in the series
>>
>>78288404
I mean, Star Wars movies are kinda defined by the OST. I can't remember ANY music-defining bits in this one. Even Kylo and Han's big moment was kinda flat.
>>
>>78288415

Nigga Threepio is one of the best characters in the series. I hadn't seen the OT in a while and watched it in the marathon before TFA and was smirking at every line he delivered. And R2 is great because of how Threepio plays off of him.
>>
File: Chopper.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Chopper.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>78288415
Uhhhh....

>Huyang
>Chopper
>>
Kylo Ren did nothing wrong and had god awful parents.
>>
>>78288399
Lucas changed his mind about the prophecy so it ties into the Mortis arc, whwre Anakin fails to bring balance to the force, it has fuckall to do with the OT.

Also the prophecy is retarded and I will dance around in a loincloth and a kylo ren mask if it is ever mentioned in a movie again.
>>
>>78288447
At least he wasn't abandoned like Rey
>>
>>78288382
He had his moments, but he really was just Ball R2-D2. Whether you like Chopper or not, at least they decided to give him a personality to distinguish him from Artoo.
>>
>>78288456
>I will dance around in a loincloth and a kylo ren mask
You sound like the type who would do this anyway.
>>
>>78288447

I'm still confused as to what happened. Which is largely because TFA answers literally none of the questions it provokes. But Leia was making it sound like she HAD to send Ben away and that what caused him to get fucked up.
>>
>>78288488
You guys wanna' know about the most hilarious and also depressing thing about this all?

It's probably going to be told through the next two Aftermath books.
>>
>>78288488
It sounded like they had no idea how to handle a powerful Force sensitive kid and handed him off to Luke to be trained. Luke failed, Snoke somehow got his dirty hands on Ben. From what I gathered they weren't as involved in his life after passing him off to Luke, and Leia seemed to think that was where they went wrong.
>>
Just saw it. I did not expect to love how unbelievably tryhard Kylo Ren was. If there was a Linkin Park in the Star Wars Universe, he would have been blasting that shit in his room 24/7.
>>
>>78288543
This. And the weird thing is, I love it.

>Maul was Sadistic
>Sheev was just having fun
>Dooku is a tyrant dictator
>Vader was ruthless, cold, and trying to suppress his feelings
>Kylo is an edgelord wannabe

You'd think I would hate Kylo, but I just wanna see what he is going to fuck up next.
>>
>>78288543
I know, right? He was ten times worse than Anakin but much more fun to watch.
>>
>>78288543
I didn't get that feeling at all.
>>
>>78288584
You telling me all his ranting to Vader, whining to Snoke, and bursts of rage didn't give you the impression of him being an edgelord?

>>78288566
Yeah I agree. Much edgier and unstable than Anakin, but more fun to watch for sure. And I liked Anakin.
>>
>>78288566
>more fun to watch
This, him demolishing that terminal was funny
>>
>>78288630
Kylo Ren ended up being half the movie's comedy.

>A droid stole a freighter??
>>
>>78288543
>>78288563

I love Kylo but I really don't get this. There was nothing tryhard and Linkin Park about Kylo. He was an extremely powerful force user who was abandoned by his family and brainwashed by Snoke.

He's more tragic and unstable than he is edgy and tryhard. The only "tryhard" part is wanting to carry on Vader's legacy.
>>
>>78288608
He wasn't really ranting to Vader, he was just using him as an escape. He was pretty calm during that whole scene.
He only talks to Snoke twice, and he's not even whining.
His tantrums are pretty normal. He's a guy with an inferiority complex and obvious issues, who's completely convinced the Dark Side is the end all be all, anger should come to him easily.
>>
>>78288608

Whining and ranting aren't really edgelord material. If anything that's Maul's area. Quiet and sadistic. He even had the look.

Edgy characters are usually supposed to be cool and badass. Kylo was neither. He was off his nutter.
>>
>>78288641
Me and my cousin were laughing our asses off when he is trashing shit, and the Imperial is pissing himself trying to maintain his composure, only to get choked before he can finish his next sentence. Oh man, that was so funny.
>>
File: 1450445795798.webm (3 MB, 608x342) Image search: [Google]
1450445795798.webm
3 MB, 608x342
>TFA won't even beat Jurassic World, let alone Avatar
>>
>>78288690
Why not?
>>
>>78288690
It has a long ways to go. Many like me are still scared away waiting for the theaters to not be packed and jammed full of people who pre ordered.
>>
>>78288645
Kylo is a whiny fuckboi, he wasn't intimidating or scary he was a whiny bitch trying to act tough. Plus two randos with no lightsaber kick his ass. Though maybe rhea did, she's Luke's kid after all
>>
>>78288703
You havent seen it yet? And you're in a Star Wars thread, on 4chan? Why'd you let yourself get spoiled like this man?
>>
>>78288712
>Rhea
UPDATE THE WOOK
P
D
A
T
E
>>
>>78288722
It got it spoiled for me and I can't pretend it hasn't. I've been happy to see so many movies this year completely spoiler free (not even a trailer), but when you follow extended media and games it's hard to dodge this one.
>>
>>78288722
I'd spoiled myself and still watched it. I knew it would be ANH 2.0 so I didn't care.

Also Starkiller base made me wonder the film would've been if it had been the Star Forge instead.
>>
>>78288690
It's going to beat Jurassic World. Avatar's going to be a tougher fight, but if there's any movie that can do it it's TFA. If this doesn't do it, we'll have to wait years for another movie that will be a strong enough contender.
>>
>>78288654
He's on the edge of tears for half the movie. He's constantly trying to be cooler than he really is, hence the underwhelming helmet removal scene, and he has no cool, something all the Sith before him had. Not to mention the whole Han Solo thing, trying to impress.
>>
>>78288712

Kylo literally never whines in the movie nor does he try to "act tough" at any point it's like you people didn't even watch the movie.
>>
>>78288690
"Jurassic World" was the GOAT, though. Best movie of the year so far.

>The Indominus Rex was more competent than Ultron, Immortan Joe, Yellowjacket and Doctor Doom.
>>
>>78288320
Did Phasma even noticed him?
>>
>>78288438

>has found the courage and ingenuity over the years to become Droid Spymaster of the Resistance
>still a nervous, bumbling fusspot

Threepio is rad as hell. I hope he gets to hang out with Luke again at some point.
>>
>>78288771
She did in Starkiller base.
>>
>>78288762
Did we watch the same movie?
He wasn't tryharding at all, and he was only 'on the edge of tears' in the stabby stab scene.
>>
Tell me how you'd react if Finn has a relationship with the person he had the most chemistry with, Poe, in the next flicks.
>>
>>78288787
All smiles
>>
>>78288762
>kylo
>sith

So you're an idiot
>>
File: 1450283420385.jpg (304 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450283420385.jpg
304 KB, 699x1211
Just came back from the film: Welcome to my blog.

It was A New Hope Part II done half-assed. This isn't even pottery anymore.

Not Tatooine - Jakku
Not Yoda - Maz
Not Vader - Kylo Ren
Not Boba Fett - Captain Phasma
Not Sheev - Snoke
Not Rebellion - Resistance
Not Death Star - Starkiller Base
Not Ace Pilot - Poe

Lawrence Kasdan co-writes ESB and RotJ under Lucas, disagrees with his decisions, gets control of Star Wars only to write A New Hope again.

In the 60 minutes clip, Williams was scoring the film and it wasn't locked to picture. That already made me feel worried. I hate to say it, it pains me to say it, but the score wasn't a standout like we've experience before.

I'm not saying change is bad, but scoring an unlocked film combined with all of the other musical changes like no London Symphony Orchestra and no Abbey Road, set the tone for the quality of the music we got, and it was less then before.

I'm not mad, or disappointed. I knew it was going to be ANH Part 2.5, but it's unfortunate that we start off a new trilogy so weak, and I don't have faith in it. Like before, I'm looking forward to Rogue One more then the new trilogy.

It's even worse that the EU explored the new story concepts better than the film too.
>>
>>78288787
I'd honestly just sigh a breath of relief that they aren't trying to push Black Man X White Woman like every hollywood movie wants to.
>>
>>78288517
They said he was "troubled" or something like that and had too much of his grandfather in him.

So maybe he was just a budding sociopath like Mr. "I KILLED THEM ALL, EVEN THE WOMEN AND THE CHILDREN!" and hoped Luke could do something about it but shit was too fucked.
>>
>>78288762
>>78288786

Not only that but I have no idea what anon is talking about with Kylo trying to act cool. At no point did Kylo ever strike me as trying to "act" anything. The unmasking scene was clearly just a fuck you to Rey who was trying to shit on him for the mask. He got called out so he was like okay mask off then to shut her up.
>>
>>78288803
I agree with you, especially about the soundtrack. God the music was boring.
>>
>>78288803
>Not Vader - Kylo Ren

Ehhh idk about that one. I mean the entire point was kinda that he idolized Vader and despite that he was the polar opposite. The similarities start and end at the mask.
>>
>>78288787
Tears of joy.

>Mfw no deleted of scene of Poe kissing him after telling him to keep the jacket.
>>
>>78288812
>sociopath

Anakin wasn't a sociopath. If anything he cared too much.
>>
>>78288510

just like in the old eu.
>>
>>78288806

Finn was all over Rey and she literally kisses his head endearingly at the end.

Why do people seriously think these two aren't going to end up together.
>>
>>78288645

kylo was never abandoned by his family, this is never implied in the movie. he went to luke for training and then fucked shit up.
>>
>>78288843

Abandoned in the sense that his mother and father sent him away and were barely in his life
>>
>>78288813
But was he actually scary without the mask?
>>
>>78288690

it's already beaten jurassic world
>>
>>78288828
Bipolar maybe? Sorry I don't keep a copy of the fuckin' DSM in front of me like half the internet does.
>>
>>78288836
She called him a friend. Woulda kissed him on the lips if she wanted the D
>>
>>78288849

You don't know if they were "barely" in his life. The visual dictionary describes han as a family man, and that they all had a good relationship until they Kylo fucked things up.

And Kylo WANTED to be trained.

when the prequels came out, people read the side material or further clarification. do the same.
>>
>>78288836
Because Oscar Isaac is prettier.
>>
>>78288820
I agree with you. The point I was trying to make is that everything is just a poor facsimile of what we've seen before. I understand he idolizes Vader, and he has a struggle going on inside of him.

He gets a mask, a voice modulator, a shitty lightsaber, and he's our villain. I truly want to hesitate to call him a 'poor' villain, because blah blah blah future character development, but he, like the other character pastiches, was not good.
>>
>>78288850

I think so personally. He had this unstable creepiness and the way he delivered his lines was even more unsettling without the mask.
>>
>>78288884

Sorry, your meme actor won't have a romance in Star Wars. Get over it.
>>
>>78288886

>le facsimile meme

Seriously, go back to /tv/.
>>
Does anyone know which track or tracks were used in the TFA trailers?
>>
>that subtle coruscant accent that kylo had without the mask
>>
Oscar Isaac and John Boyega had insane on screen chemistry.

It's like Rey didn't even exist.
>>
>>78288895
>meme actor
/tv/ please go.
>>
>>78288909
Right? I want a whole side movie about their misadventures while Rey is off doing whatever she's going to do in Episode VIII.
>>
>>78288902
Never been, mate.

But if /tv/ is saying it, a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>78288875

Lucas has gone on record saying that Han fucking retired after the events of Jedi and led a quiet family life. I don't know why that's hard to believe for some people. It's obvious they both love the hell out of their kid and losing him drove them apart in a terrible way.
>>
>>78288806
The spark was there. It'll probably be explored in the sequels.
>>
>>78288951

I don't know it seems like most of the usual posters are away.

>>78288806

They aren't trying to push anything. They're fast friends with development to maybe follow. And Black man x White Woman is a fucking miniscule in movies. 99% is same race couples.
>>
Gugu Mbatha-Raw is reportedly playing Finn's new love interest, isn't she?
>>
>>78289036
I don't even know how to pronounce that name.
>>
>>78288303
>Rebels makes me excited for new Star Wars movie by showing that maybe Disney does know how to handle the property A hope that was later dashed
>TFA ruins trying to talk about Rebels on /co/ because its the only Star Wars thing anyone wants to discuss
See you guys in a fortnight or something, I guess
>>
File: b5Tf96Y.jpg (2 MB, 1458x2160) Image search: [Google]
b5Tf96Y.jpg
2 MB, 1458x2160
Best Star Wars yet. Tied with ANH and ESB. The future of Star Wars is going to be so fucking good.
>>
>>78289059
What about Rebels would you like to talk about?

I'm excited for the next episode. Great music cue and looks like we'll have some fun action.

https://youtu.be/_JrVry8kgyw?t=4m57s

https://soundcloud.com/deankinersounds/kanan-and-the-walker?in=deankinersounds/sets/star-wars-rebels-music
>>
>>78289072
Shit nigga, you serious? I enjoyed it, dont get me wrong, but I feel like it cant be considered the best, just on principle of the fact that the plot was so rehashed.
>>
Finn was more compelling than Rey. Too bad he wasn't a Jedi as well.
>>
File: SmilingSheev1.jpg (43 KB, 434x412) Image search: [Google]
SmilingSheev1.jpg
43 KB, 434x412
>>78289117
>all the people insisting that the marketing wasn't a ruse, and that Finn really is the main Jedi of the new trilogy
>mfw they're conveniently silent now
>>
>>78289117
I'm confused, was he actually force sensitive?
>>
>>78288766
>"Jurassic World" was the GOAT, though. Best movie of the year so far.
>better than Mad Max
Nah senpai
>>
>>78289131
There wasn't anything in the movie to indicate he was. Unless a later movie reveals that he is, we can assume in the meantime that he doesn't have any Force sensitivity.
>>
>>78289130
Now if we can just get the Plagueis people to shut up
>>
>be me
>be tourist in the USA
>go to cinema, want to see TFA
>am told that I am not allowed to see a movie all by myself as a single
>forced to buy second ticket for a random hobo I found nearby, bring him with me
>buy some popcorn before entering theatre
>"that'll be $9.99 plus tip"
>pay up, go in
>have to climb over all the fat people in scooters
>finally reach my seat
>the classic Star Wars text scrolling intro begins
>loud whistles and clapping in the room
>everyone claps whenever something happens
>Han and Chewie appear a bit later
>clapping becomes so loud my ears are almost bursting
>he says "Chewie... we're home"
>everyone else stands up, I see tears in the eyes of the people next to me
>they clap wildly and shout "USA! USA! USA!"
>one guy claps so hard he breaks his arm
>suddenly hear gunshots
>some kid in a jar jar costume came in from behind with a shotgun and has started gunning down people in the audience
>panic breaks out
>some people are not sure whether to run away or whether to clap and applaud
>I try to make a run for it, but some fatso on a scooter runs me over and I fall down
>get hit by the shooter
>am dying as I type th
>>
>>78289167
The sad part of this is that the most unrealistic part is "plus tip"
>>
>>78289036

no.
>>
>>78289059

tfa and rebels are very similar in tone, don't know why you would hate tfa.
>>
>>78289084

I don't really understand why they're fighting. The Imperial presence has considerably lessened and the old dude they found was in hiding. After they got their info, they should have just hauled ass.
>>
>>78288392
Snoke's theme is boss though it sounds like some kind of ancient evil kind of shit, reminded me of something from Prometheus also sounds exactly the same as the music in Ep.3 when Sheev talks to Anakin about Darth Plagueus.
>>
>>78288438
C3PO is the Jar Jar of the OT
>>
>>78289251
Wrong, no-one liked Jar-Jar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXr3kSnQNsA
>>
>>78289261
>tfw you won't see a sleezy New Yorker Threepio
>>
File: 1450482841580.jpg (726 KB, 2032x1350) Image search: [Google]
1450482841580.jpg
726 KB, 2032x1350
>>78288771
Of course she did
>>
I can't get over how boring Snoke's theme is compared to the Emperor's
>>
File: Yoda.jpg (219 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
Yoda.jpg
219 KB, 850x1200
>>78288371
>>78288390
>>78288399
>"A prophecy that misread could have been!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6COXnobZNe8
>>
Where there any cool bits of information that was in the novel left out from the film?
>>
>>78289379
What's this character's name? He stood out to me
>>
Refresh my memory, did Poe and Rey have any interaction at all?
>>
>>78289470
He's just called Riot Control Storm trooper. Don't think there's a canon or fan name yet
>>
>>78289506
They did not.
>>
File: star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg (237 KB, 640x743) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg
237 KB, 640x743
Rey is CUTE
C
U
T
E
>>
>>78289470
>>78289521
TRAITOR

>>78289506
No.
>>
V > IV > III > VII > VI >>>>>> I >>>>>> II
>>
>>78289529
>>78289527
Damn shame, and they're supposed to be the new trio. Maybe next time. I wanted to see Poe hit on her.
>>
>>78289537
>I wanted to see Poe hit on her.
I'm pretty sure Poe would ask Finn a silent "You on that?" and then back off.
>>
File: cmon son.jpg (135 KB, 600x270) Image search: [Google]
cmon son.jpg
135 KB, 600x270
>>78289530
>III > VI
>>
>>78289530
I have to say that I agree with you at the end that while some think Phantom Menace is the worst, as bad as it is it doesn't sink to the absolute depths of Attack of the Clones.
>>
>>78289552
Poe, not wanting to give a backrub to his bro.
>>
I just realized that the new movie is just a disney princess movie seeing rey going full mary sue is going to be fun
>>
>>78289564
I tihnk people honestly forget how boring Clones is. Until Geonosis it's a chore to get through. At least Phantom Menace had some form of entertainment and action throughout.
>>
>>78289578
my beef is that it has 3 major plotlines and none of them really wrap up in an interesting way
>>
>>78289568

When Rey and Poe meet in VIII she immediately has a crush on him but he ignores her advances to hang with his bro Finn
>>
>all important lore in the sequel movies
>or the new EU
>world-building put to one side for a shitton of character building
>they found a way to make the death-star boring
>the music was
>worse then the prequels
>introduce good characters, pushed to one side for Ray-mary-sue-skywalker

This is nothing but a 5/10
>>
>>78289596
>bro

Dude is pretty much his father.
>>
>>78289557
ewoks
>>
>>78289596
>love triangle
For the love of god please no
>>
TRAIIIIIITOOOORRRR
>>
>>78289623
Can be ignored with all the Luke and Vader interaction
>>
>>78288543
Kylo is the shit
>>
Why does nobody seem to remember Ren got shot before his fight (by a bowcaster no less) to the point of notably bleeding so he was clearly off his game
>>
File: finn-and-poe-dameron-reunite.jpg (104 KB, 930x697) Image search: [Google]
finn-and-poe-dameron-reunite.jpg
104 KB, 930x697
>>78289633
Didn't realize that implication my mind immediately went to Finn and Poe's Excellent Adventure
>>
>>78289657
But that's what everyone keeps talking about.
>>
>>78289072
>Best Star Wars yet.
I'll just say it's my third favorite and leave it at that
>>
>>78289666
That's not true at all. Everybody's like "hurr how did he not just take out Finn and Rey in like one second? Doesn't he have more durr" and it's like nobody remembers that he was completely off his fucking game to the point that he had to beat his own wound to not go unconscious

(I was trying to figure out why he was doing that too, like "dude what the fuck" until I realized he was hitting his wound)
>>
Since Rey has a staff throughout the film it would be cool to see some kind of staff lightsaber, would that even be possible, it would probably look too much like Darth Mauls. Perhaps go full on Gandalf the White and use both a staff and a one-handed lightsaber.
>>
>>78289664
Save it for the novel inbetween VII and VIII when Finn wakes up and they have super bro adventures
>>
>>78288803
>Rey is Ben cousin

Nope, that will be the twist. She is not actually related to Luke. He was more surprised by the lightsaber than by her.
>>
>>78288510
Nah Aftermath is gonna be all about Cuck Wendig's shitty OCs.

My hopes are it will be in New Republic: Bloodlines
>>
>>78289748
So her parents?

Why didn't they show up and won't ever?
>>
Just got back from the film, over all i liked it but Rey was kinda boring.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6291092

If you've not voted yet, feel free!
>>
>>78289781
I assumed she was sold and in denial about it
>>
>>78288630
And those two troopers who said NOPE and walked away
>>
>>78289830
I was really amused by that scene after she eats, and puts the helmet on.
>>
>>78289072
It was pretty good, but the acting was poor, and the dialogue had way too much stupid rapid-fire banter.
I also didn't like how nothing Rei was. Well, she was a Mary-Sue, but that's basically the same thing.
Still a good movie, way better than the prequels that's for damn sure.
>>
Am I wrong for expecting for finn to go full nigger he was pretty close to being one for not knowing his father
>>
File: Fair enough.webm (731 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Fair enough.webm
731 KB, 480x360
>>78289623
>>
>>78289530
V = IV = VII > III = VI >>>>>> I >>>>>> II
>>
>>78289578
The Count Dooku reveal falls completely flat because you've never seen the guy before
>>
>>78289887
>VII > III = VI
Certainly an odd opinion you have...
>>
File: 1317769314057.png (11 KB, 117x135) Image search: [Google]
1317769314057.png
11 KB, 117x135
>>78288320
That motherfucker. I almost bought his figure at the merch stand after the movie based on how sick that scene was.
>>
>>78289623
Wait, now we hate ewoks?

There is something we don't hate at this point?
>>
>>78288320
>a stormtrooper literally using a storm baton
The funny thing is that he decided to slap his shit instead of shooting him
>>
>>78289897
TFA had a lot of good shit going on and had no major negative points, where both Sith and Jedi have infamous low points to go with their great high points.
>>
>>78289925
That makes sense I guess.
>>
>>78289915
Ewoks have been hated since Jedi came out
>>
>>78289870
Is it better than ROTJ?
>>
>>
>>78289915
>Wait, now we hate ewoks?
Have we ever truly liked Ewoks? I have always thought they were a mistake

>>78289948
I thought it was
>>
File: shiny and chrome.jpg (102 KB, 768x1280) Image search: [Google]
shiny and chrome.jpg
102 KB, 768x1280
>>78289923
Protocol dictates that deserters and traitors get the shit beaten out of em. He was just following orders, like a good soldier.
>>
>really enjoy Genndy Clone Wars series even though it's pretty much non-canon now
>want to watch new Star Wars material because of the new film
>absolutely have not touched the newer Clone Wars series or Rebels series

It's just kind of dumb to watch so much shit happen and then no one say absolutely anything about it in the film's you know? Is it really worth watching despite that though? It just seems like a bunch of events packed in between the film's that everyone suddenly seems to have forgotten about when you a tally watch the main films.
>>
File: FinalizerSD-Fathead.png (2 MB, 2032x1548) Image search: [Google]
FinalizerSD-Fathead.png
2 MB, 2032x1548
I'll admit I wasn't crazy about this design at first, but after seeing it in theaters it's starting to grow on me a bit.
>>
File: WITNESSED.jpg (54 KB, 1200x505) Image search: [Google]
WITNESSED.jpg
54 KB, 1200x505
>>78290011
Can't wait for Trey to appear in the new EU
>>
>>78289948
It was a mixed bag, to be honest, and the shit I didn't like might be right up your alley. But on general principle, I wouldn't say JJ Abrams can make a better film than any of the original trilogy installments.

Bonus points for tons of practical effects and a straightforward plot, though.
>>
>>78290003
Well, I do know a lot of women who liked them

I think they being the Lucas trend of 'good idea, bad execution'. Their general theme of being primitive creatures who overcome more technological enemies with courage and ingenuity is pretty much one of the major themes of Star Wars personified.

If they just shanked the Stormtroopers and ate them alive, than most people would have probably found them awesome to be honest.
>>
>>78290048
>than
*then
>>
>>78290032
Yes, watch it. The shows are good, leagues better than the Genddy one.

And drop that mentality. By that logic, you'd expect everything from the movies to be mentioned in the cartoons too. Things can stand on their own, while also benefit each other without having to make direct callbacks y'know.
>>
>>78290011
Man, i really have to redo this when i have time.
>>
/tv/ here.

Can any of you /co/fags fill me in with the political situation of the galaxy and what exactly the republic are doing?

Abrahams' fan-pandering film didn't explain anything
>>
>>78290082
You're right, it didnt explain shit.

TL;DR - Rebels won the war and now the New Republic is in charge, The Empire was kinda disbanded and so small and insignificant that the New Republic let them fuck off to do whatever, believing they werent a threat.

However Leia put together the "Resistance", who are separate from the New Republics main forces, because she knew the First Order was becoming a military threat, and needed to be stopped.

I think that sums it up.
>>
>>78290082
No, go away.
>>
>>78290082
Basically

The New Republic moves it's senate from system to system in order to appear less centralised than the old Republic. The First Order are the leftovers of the Empire when they fled to the unknown regions following their defeat.

I don't really know what the Resistance are exactly, the NR pretty much don't want to help them a lot because, money I guess. They also don't want to maintain a large defence force lest they become the new Empire
>>
>>78290105

If the New Republic are in charge of the majority of the galaxy how come they have such a small military presence - and how does the First Order managed to buld a WMD 10 times bigger thant he death star?

I assumed it was a 50/50 split in the galaxy.
>>
>>78290112
Thank you anon. I remember someone posting a picture of a book explaining how there was still resentment towards the old republic re: the war and how people did not want to get involved with newer conflict. I can't find it now though
>>
File: We don't know.gif (994 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
We don't know.gif
994 KB, 250x250
>>78290140
>>
>>78290140
No fucking clue. Honestly, seemed like they bullshitted their way through the backstory to make it as close to ANH as possible.

The "yay the jedi are back, jk, they all died again offscreen" thing especially. VI was called "Return of the Jedi" for a reason, Luke's victory was quite literally for nothing now. The Empire is back, 5 planets got destroyed, and the Jedi aren't even around to help like you'd think they'de be following the events of VI.
>>
>>78290082
Basically the Republic recognizes to the FO the right to exist as some kind of legit faction.

But they don't trust them so they fund the Resistance, since they can't face them publicily because they are suposedly in peace.
>>
File: 1450033024695.jpg (91 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1450033024695.jpg
91 KB, 566x480
>>78290065
>leagues better than Genndy
>>
>>78290140
I think there was something in the picture book about how there's a lot of in fighting in the senate and they didn't consider the First Order a threat at all and ignored them entirely
>>
>>78290195
>The Space Nazis who's forebears killed a load of people have a right to exist

So they really are just North Korea.
>>
>>78290211
Actually I think that's a good example.
>>
>>78290206
>2 hours of Samurai Jack-style over the top action scenes
>110+ episodes of top of the industry Animation, complete with action, but also the story and development of the characters to add and expand the franchise as a whole
ya
>>
>>78290235
Yeah, now I think about it that's what they are. Some small-fry oppressive power that the not-west is formally against but doesn't want to do anything against. So just hands some people who are fighting it a little cash and say 'eh, do well'.
>>
>>78290209
Do you happen to have the picture?
>>
>>78290032
>It's just kind of dumb to watch so much shit happen and then no one say absolutely anything about it in the film's you know?
You know that's why it's called Expanded Universe right?
>>
>>78290259
Uhh, you know its not called that, right?

The EU was killed off in 2014.

Its just "Canon" and "Legends" now. No tiers, no in-betweens.
>>
>>78290048
>If they just shanked the Stormtroopers and ate them alive, than most people would have probably found them awesome to be honest.
It's not just that these things beat the Empire though, it's that they spend like half an hour dicking around with them when this is supposed to be this final epic movie of the trilogy and we're spending it watching our beloved main cast trying to not get eaten by natives and tricking them into thinking Threepio is a god which is literally Saturday morning cartoon tier and it goes on for far far too long.
>>
>>78290257
I don't but I think >>78290195 was more correct than I was.
>>
>>78290281
Well to be fair, we did spend a large amount of time in Empire dicking about on Dagobah with a puppet. However, that is a fair point.
>>
>>78290279
Well if you want to get technical, it's really called supplementary materials. What I was trying to say is that the reason this stuff exists is so you can read about things that happen outside of the movies which does not need to be mentioned in them, which is the whole point

Speaking of which, does anybody else feel like at some point in the next five or so years there's going to be a cartoon about what happened between VI and VII because we really need some stuff to explain that middle period
>>
File: Monmothma.jpg (273 KB, 1200x1525) Image search: [Google]
Monmothma.jpg
273 KB, 1200x1525
>>78290140
Mon Mothma didn't want people to see the NR as just another Empire, so she downsized the fleet.

When you stop and think about it, the leaders of the rebellion kind of stupid. They don't want a return to freedom, and justice, and peace, they want a return to the status quo before the Clone Wars, back when everything quiet and hunky dory. Failing to remember that it was that exact kind of stagnation and complacency that led to the fall of the Republic in the first place.
>>
>>78290319
The actual dicking around, that being Yoda pretending to be a retard, was only like five minutes and I wouldn't really call that a detour either since Lucas was going for the "crazy old man is actually wise mentor" thing. I hope you're not trying to say Luke's training was dicking around because it most certainly was not
>>
>>78290325
The Republic fell because the Jedi went full retard and complacent, not the Senate itself.

Also, Sidious, clouding judgement, Force bullshit, etc.
>>
>>78290325
>Mon Mothma didn't want people to see the NR as just another Empire, so she downsized the fleet.

Not doubting you anon, but where was this said?
>>
>>78290362

>not knowing that corruption was ride in the senate
>calls self a star wars fan
>>
>>78290344
I suppose I might say 'I didn't find it that interesting', so yes I suppose I am calling it that, from a certain point of view.

Really, after the asteroid sequence ends, I tend to switch the channel when watching ESB. Though the ending on Cloud City is fantastic, no denying that.
>>
>>78290279
>The EU was killed off in 2014.

Honestly didn't see the point of that. I mean I understand by eliminating it they can do whatever they want with the new movies, but EU was huge and only an small fraction would collide with the movies, why make all the story of the galaxy empty? Why not just override the part that conflicts with the new movies?
>>
>>78290431
>only a small fraction would collide with the movies
Nigga what? I can name 50 different ways the EU differs from TFA
>>
>>78290362
Everyone went full retard and complacent. The Republic hadn't had a unified military force in centuries, and when people tried to reintroduce one there were others like Padme who said no. Dooku flat out told Obi-Wan that the senate were under the Sith's thumb and they didn't even know it.
>>
>>78290431
I think they didn't want to worry about any of the new spin-off material conflicting with the old stuff and figured it would be easier to just start fresh with a few exceptions. Over time, we may see some stuff get brought back that's both popular and doesn't conflict with what they have in mind for the new canon.
>>
File: finn.jpg (18 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
finn.jpg
18 KB, 540x540
Finn is the best character in the movie. He plays well off of every other character, has the most interesting character arc and pulls off dramatic and comedic scenes. He steals the show.
>>
>>78290431
>Why not just override the part that conflicts with the new movies

Okay. Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, and Ben don't exist. I'm sure that won't effect the dozens and dozens of books that focus on them
>>
>>78290517
Agreed
>>
File: 91-wvI3QQkL._SL1500_.jpg (228 KB, 1500x997) Image search: [Google]
91-wvI3QQkL._SL1500_.jpg
228 KB, 1500x997
>>78290517
You should see John Boyega in Attack on the Block.
>>
>>78290473
The EU is 30 years of expanded universe information about basically everything but the movies. Only like 20% deals with the time period covered in TFA
>>
>>78290546
He's a Brit? Damn I didn't know
>>
>>78290517
Him and Poe have the best chemistry of all the characters. I want to see more of them being bros in VIII.
>>
>>78290431
>Honestly didn't see the point of that
Because not only did all of them not mesh with each other, they would have been limited by fanbosy wondering why x wasn't exactly like y in z book.
>>
File: 1364619792452.jpg (24 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1364619792452.jpg
24 KB, 490x490
>>78290517
>We use the force
>That's not how it works

>>78290546
I was surprised at how well he hid his accent
>>
>>78290517
I think most people who saw the movie feels that way. I was really surprised with how fun Finn as a character was because I didn't get that aspect of his character from the trailers at all.
>>
>>78290517
>That fucking thumbs up from him and BB-8.

Amazing.
>>
>>78290598
>Chewie being top-tier wingman saying saving Rey was his idea
>>
My favorite part of Finn was how much he believed he was the main character of the movie and kept doing main character things and just ended up derping all over himself
>>
>>78289974
They look sweet
>>
>>78290582
Why did he use an American accent?
>>
File: He was a good feel.png (351 KB, 1920x1198) Image search: [Google]
He was a good feel.png
351 KB, 1920x1198
Chewie's roar when Han dies.

My heart broke.
>>
>>78290624
That's a usual attitude for secondary comic relief
>>
>>78290624
>I'll save you Rey!

>Oh you have things handled...

>Let's infiltrate the Starkiler and rescue Rey.

>Oh she's already half way out...

>I'll stop you Ren!

>Nop lol.
>>
>>78289147
Actually, yes.
>>
File: stars.jpg (61 KB, 640x347) Image search: [Google]
stars.jpg
61 KB, 640x347
So it's obvious that there is going to be a love triangle for Finn's affections. So who do you think he should end up with?

Poe or Rey?
>>
>>78290649
Wish your brain broke too, memefaggot.
>>
>>78290694
She obviously falls for Kylo instead because she needs to fix him
>>
>>78290663
He does do some cool stuff to offset that though. Saves Poe, destroys the tie fighters in the dogfight on Jakku, fights admirably in the battle at the watering hole, creates the plan to destroy the starkiller, puts Phasma in her place and saves Rey against Kylo.
>>
File: november 150.jpg (204 KB, 764x1048) Image search: [Google]
november 150.jpg
204 KB, 764x1048
>>78290625

>>78290694
Poe, obviously.
>>
>>78290694
Poe, obliviously.

>>78290706
Why so angry, friend?
>>
>>78290694
Finn's true love is Poe and I don't care what anybody says.
>>
>>78290694
Poe, Rey a shit
>>
>>78290716
That would be a very female thing to do.

>He tortured me, try to kill my first ever friend and me and killed my new father figure but he's so DREAMY!
>>
>>78290663
My favorite was how he kept doing the MC "hold her hand and run" and she was like "no dude, I can run" and he kept doing it

>>78290661
Secondary comic reliefs generally don't do shit. I say he kept derping all over himself but that's only when he tried to be the protagonist he wasn't. He had his own moments of glory
>>
>>78290694
Rey. She's thirsty and she don't even know it.

>You came back for me... "hug"
>>
Do you guys actually want Poe to end up with Finn? I'm just saying, IT'S 2015.

They could really really do it

>>78290716
>Wanting Twilght
>>
>>78290642

British is kinda sorta the official Imperial accent.
>>
>>78290758
You know that was a joke,right?
>>
>>78290764
It's the Core World accent. I do like the fact that there are more Brits on the good side this time around though.
>>
New Lego parodies when?
>>
>>78290758
Best friends sure I don't want them to have a canon relationship
>>
>>78290727
You're all succumbing to the meme side and none of you even realise it for some inane reason. Do you not see how those two faces have tricked you all into thinking that they're acceptable when they're really no different from the deservedly outlawed rage faces of old?
>>
>>78290747
Comic relief who thinks they're the main character is pretty common
>>
File: star-wars-FOREVER.jpg (130 KB, 1006x672) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-FOREVER.jpg
130 KB, 1006x672
Are you ready for 5 years of Star Wars?
>>
>>78290547
And you think Disney will just stop once they've done 7,8 and 9? Nigger they're making Star Wars movies for years to come.
>>
>>78290834
>Big Trouble in Little Starkiller
>>
File: star-wars-rebels (1).png (211 KB, 736x381) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-rebels (1).png
211 KB, 736x381
>>78290835
Yes
>>
>>78290547
Based on the visual dictionary and what it says about galactic history, basically everything post ROTJ couldn't have happened. NJO, LotF, FotJ.

And I'm pretty sure pre-TPM isn't 80% of the EU
>>
>>78290835
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqedbxGxfgE
>>
>>78290835
>2018
>STAR WARS STORY
GET HYPE

>>78290835
We've had Star Wars almost non-stop since the Prequel trilogy ended. There was a brief gap from 2005-2008
>>
>>78290835
I still don't understand why Rogue One is getting a movie. Gee I wonder if they get the plans for the Death Star
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.