[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars: New Republic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82
File: TFADogfighting.webm (3 MB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
TFADogfighting.webm
3 MB, 1280x533
Rebels what? - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.co.uk/updates/release.htm

>Newest Rebels Episode: "Legacy":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--x3TcdnpPjSGZEWnF0RkU2T2c/view?usp=sharing
https://mega.nz/#F!w5w3QQzS!kEXw8EpWWhF9izE5K2JpvQ

>Newest Rebels Recon Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVry8kgyw

>Star Wars: Rebels MEGA (Season 1):
https://mega.co.nz/#F!UYQCwTwa!s-n8--buJPbauv6ylUo-DA

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>Star Wars: Uprising: (/co/ Cartel: Loth-Cats)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW6fOEvuSg

http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?568108-Newx-s-New-Player-Guide

>Star Wars: Commander (/co/ Squad: Empire - SheevSquad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUD2JkBxIJo

>All Canon Novels and Comics: (Including the Rebels UK Comics)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

>Star Wars Audiobooks (Canon and Legends) and Motion Comics:
https://mega.nz/#F!w9tFCZxK!7zthk3nLz-0ATC9zxxEPuw

>Star Wars Legends Novels & Comics (Incomplete):
https://mega.nz/#F!AgVghZhQ!0SL9AVJvCbzUsRICuAoguQ
https://mega.nz/#F!j99HEbrC!GP5TSEEbrBYZIZ73xod4fg

>Canon Guide & Timeline:
http://imgur.com/a/wnoIs

>Star Wars /co/ Booru:
starwars.booru.org

>Star Wars Soundtracks MEGA (Work-in-Progress):
https://mega.nz/#F!xocwwSiT!M8RpDwmmI37P24_TRzBKug
>>
Anyone got some scans of the visual dictionary?
>>
first for the film was good fuck off /tv/
>>
File: Jacen2.jpg (20 KB, 200x290) Image search: [Google]
Jacen2.jpg
20 KB, 200x290
First for Jacen "Break it off In Tenel Ka Djo" Solo
>>
>>78268974
http://imgur.com/a/o7sKV
>>
>>78268978
Good, not great.

I liked it, but it left me wanting a little more.
>>
>>78268978
I enjoyed it for what it was: a bridge and set up movie. The real meat of this series is gonna come in the next two movies and that's where it's gonna make or break this new Trilogy.
>>
>>78268978
Sixth for THIS.
>>
>>78268968
>At least Jacen had a reason to go to the dark side being in a years long war and losing family

Kylo will also have his reasons, I just hope they are good. But we will have to wait until Episode VIII and I'm excited about Rian Johnson being the one to handle Kylo's backstory.
>>
>>78269000
That's good, because we've got about five years of non-stop Star Wars on the horizon.
>>
Why is Snoke reminding me of Thanos. I hope they do him good.
>>
I still hate Phasma's design even after watching the movie but she has a sexy voice.
>>
>>78268978
This

Also KOTOR.

Star Killer's functionality was fucking Rakata Technology... and the official canon map has Rakata Prime on it as canon. Fucking KOTOR technology is what made SK work.
>>
File: Ahsoka1.png (647 KB, 644x1050) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka1.png
647 KB, 644x1050
>>78268978
Wait, people dislike the film? (Just rejoining the thread after a week blackout)

There are things I didn't like, sure. The ending was balls. Can't cocktease people like that knowing there's a 2 year wait. Was filmed shitty, and the location was ass.

And I didn't like that the plot was just ANH all over again.

And Maz Kanata's castle was a huge disappointment, felt like a last ditch attempt to say "look at our practical effects" despite Jakku already executing them perfectly.

But asides from that, I'm just in a state of bliss right now, I loved the movie.
>>
So next December we have rouge one. So any further Star Wars movies/shows will be in the official canon correct?
>>
>>78269041
Yeah the Starkiller base was giving me serious Star Forge throwbacks
>>
>>78269041

Kotor's not canon. The most you'll get is Disney's washed up version of KOTOR lore.
>>
>>78269035
I have to agree, she sounded really nice. Intimidating in how calm she is.
>>
>>78269051
I thought Rogue One is in the summer?

And yes, all future movies are canon, along with the books, comics, and cartoons, unless they're explicitly non-canon. Generally, if it has the Lucasfilm Story Groups approval, and it isn't some parody like the Lego spin offs, then chances are it is canon.
>>
>>78268999
Thanks
>>
>>78269019
>I'm excited about Rian Johnson being the one to handle Kylo's backstory.
Legitimately curious why.
>>
>>78269041

I just wish Snoke had ended up being a member of the "true Sith" species, ready to return to the Galaxy after those pretenders to the throne fucked it all up.
>>
>>78269085
Current launch date is Dec. 16 of next year.
>>
>>78269085
>I thought Rogue One is in the summer?
It's a year from now, not in the summer.
>>
First for VIII "Luke finally rebuilds the Jedi Order because Rey shows up and the apprentices are 6 stronk womyn and 1 goofy comic relief male"
>>
>>78269051
The only non-canon Star Wars media still in production is The Old Republic
>>
Anybody love the pottery with Hux and Tarkin?

>Vader and Tarkin are complete bros and work together to please Sheev
>Kylo and Hux are competing against each other for Snoke's attention and seem to hate each other
>>
>>78269125
As long as some of them are qt alien girls I'm fine with that.
>>
>>78269043
>Can't cocktease people like that knowing there's a 2 year wait.
Honest question here.
With no footage of Luke except the hand on R2, and everyone wondering where he was, how did everyone not expect TFA to end on the cliffhanger of them finding him? The way it ended is exactly how I expected it to.
>>
>>78269041
>Main character in KoTOR is Reven
>Main characters in 7 are Rey and Ren
>Reven has a cool mask
>Ren has a cool mask
>KoTOR's plot is about assembling a star map
>7's plot is about assembling a star map
>Reven was memory wiped
>It's implied Rey might have been memory wiped
Just how far will they go with the KoTOR connection going forward?
>>
>>78269152
I was honestly expecting a cool ass flashback scene of Luke defending his academy
>>
File: GorogRar.jpg (218 KB, 326x523) Image search: [Google]
GorogRar.jpg
218 KB, 326x523
>>78269151
remember what happened last time?!
>>
Where's your 'Chosen One' prophecy now, fags?
>>
Was anyone else disappointed that Luke's New Jedi Order was done and killed off before the movie began and off screen? I thought we were gonna get at least some more new Jedi now that the empire was all but gone before the first order showed up.
>>
>>78268978
>>78269043
It was literally a remake of A New Hope, except for that it was decent.
>>
>>78269181
Bend over, and I'll show ya.
>>
>>78269103
I think he's an awesome director who can make darker character-focused stories. Abrams introduced a great new villain and Johnson could flesh him out and make him even better.
>>
>>78268930
>Pretty sure he's talking about Yuuzhan Vong

My memory is fuzzy as fuck. I guess is too much since I read that-
>>
>>78269043
I hate how simultaneously so much happened between 6 and 7 but at the same time nothing really did

>there's an empire again
>the only ones fighting are scrappy misfit reb- resistance
>Luke rebuilt the Jed- oh wait no they're all dead, he's hiding
>Han grew as a- no he's just a space junker/smuggler

It's just kind of boring.
>>
>>78269169
>tfw the new movies keep ripping off the EU more and more, to the point we get a Thrawn analogue that's actually a strong independent woman to make up for the embarrasment that was Phasma
>>
Post predictions for the next episodes
The Knights of Ren aren't actually a thing. They were fabricated by Snoke specifically to appeal to Ben as a third option and indoctinate him. They were then 'slaughtered' to condition Ben to the dark side.
>>
>>78269183
It's frustrating as fuck, the OT heroes apparently just jerked off for 30 years.

The movie and new canon would have been saved if Rey found Luke in a hidden temple while a dozen or two dozen new jedi watched from the shadows.
>>
>>78269158

one of my friends thought Ren was Revan when he first saw the trailer and after he realized it wasn't, he thought they were just trying to copy things in order to pander to fanboys.

He's probably right. The movie can only rip off other Star Wars products and filling the rest with generic genre tropes.

fuck this movie hard;
>>
Will the other Jedi apprentices that appear in the flashback make into the next movies as Kylo ren special squad?
>>
>>78269043
>felt like a last ditch attempt to say "look at our practical effects" despite Jakku already executing them perfectly.
Felt like what George has always said he wanted the cantina in ANH to look like to me. Personally I loved the shit out of the practical effects. At first I was a little unsettled because it looked different than how Star Wars has looked, but when I realized that was because filming tech has come miles since what George used to film the OT, and JJ wasn't making a cartoon with people walking around in it, it all made sense and a wave of comfy washed over me. There was an actual moment when I realized the stormtroopers were actual people with actual practical suits on, and not guys in mop cap suits that had their suits painted on, and the realization left me with a wonderful feeling.
>>
I'm not sure that anyone has noticed this extra level of poetry.

Finn's call number is FN-2187

2187 is the prisoner block that Leia was locked in on the Death Star

Bravo JJ
>>
>>78269152
I expected him to show up towards the end, everyone did. But one shot, and then an awkward silence and then end? Fuck that, it was shitty. I think it's actually the worst ending of any star wars movie by far.

Think about it, compare it to all the others.

>Qui-Gon Funeral, Sheev foreshadowing, Fun celebration (Ok this one is sorta lame too)
>Sheev looking over the Clone Army, Anakin and Padme marry on Naboo (Beautiful imagery for a somewhat meh movie)
>Vader born, Death Star construction, Padme's Funeral, the Twins are taken to their homes, Binary Sunset
>Yavin IV Celebration, the classic
>Bittersweet ending overlooking the beautiful Galaxy
>Galaxy Celebrating the Death Star II's destruction

And then you get;

>Rey shows up on a weird seemingly inhospitable island and awkwardly stares at Luke in silence for 20 seconds while shaking as she offers him a lightsaber

Once the "omg Luke" factor is gone, the ending will be meaningless. Imagine watching it in 10 years. The ending is just simply lame. No feel good, no bittersweet, no sad, no nothing, just... Luke. And like I said, once the next movies are out, the ending wont even have any impact at all upon rewatching it.

TFA, while a spectacular movie, had the lamest fucking ending imaginable.
>>
>>78269203
shame Phasma jobbed so hard I think even Worf felt a sudden pain in his heart a multiverse away.
>>
>>78269148
Yes. That was a nice relationship and it even contributed to Kylo's character that everyone in the movie hates.
>>
>>78269152
>With no footage of Luke except the hand on R2, and everyone wondering where he was, how did everyone not expect TFA to end on the cliffhanger of them finding him? The way it ended is exactly how I expected it to.

The only thing about the reveal that surprised me is that they didn't end the movie with a shot of Luke's face. They had a close up his face, then switched to this shaky circling shot of them on the island with Luke's back to us.

It should have been reversed. We should have seen Rey confronting some mysterious figure, only for them to turn around and reveal they're Luke.

THEN cue end credits.
>>
>>78269228
all the jedi are ded anon, except luke and rey skywalker
>>
>>78269181
The Sith are gone, ya dingaling.

>>78269184
Are you trying to say that ANH is not a great movie?
>>
>>78269183

The Jedi were killed off in A New Hope, so it was must they be killed off here because neckbeards complained about too many lightsabers in the prequels.
>>
>>78269197
Sweet.
>>
>>78269205
-Rey is related to either Luke or Kylo
-Snoke is the Emperor reborn
-More of the OT cast is killed off one by one.
-Another pointless musical interlude

Really grasping at straws on that one.

>>78269232
Nice.

>>78269254
Yeah, that sounds like something I might have done if I were retarded. Good thing I'm just stupid.
>>
Snoke was some awful hobbit tier CGI. How was that approved
>>
>>78269201
Yeah, they kinda half assed the progression of the Galaxy to make it more of a 4th OT movie than the 1st of a new trilogy.

Say what you will about them, but the Galaxy during the prequels felt different, and we saw it change and degenerate into what we have in the OT.

And now everything feels like it hit a standstill.
>>
>>78269201
I didn't really get the political map.

The new republic helps the resistence, but not publicly...so that means First order is some kind of a legitimate goverment that rules certain of the galaxy and thats why the new republic doesn't confront them directly...but then FO openly shoots fire to new republic?

What was the point of being "neutral" if they knew FO could fuck them any moment?
>>
>>78269233
>Once the "omg Luke" factor is gone, the ending will be meaningless. Imagine watching it in 10 years. The ending is just simply lame. No feel good, no bittersweet, no sad, no nothing, just... Luke.

It's more like Empire Strikes Back. Rey has replaced Han- just like Lando replaced him. Everybody says their goodbyes and Rey goes to meet Luke, whom she encounters in a remote and sweeping vista.

Also, in the first shot of Luke you have since the end of return of the Jedi, we see that he's pretty much become Old Ben Kenobi, which brings things full circle.
>>
>>78269254
but that's dumb though, Luke should have trained fucking SOMEONE.

>tfw they could show Mandalore the Bearded, Corran, Kam, Tioone, and the best of the NJO as an easter egg in VIII
>but deep down you know it'll never happen
>>
>>78269270
>-Rey is related to either Luke or Kylo
If Rey turns out to be Luke's daughter, that'll make Ben her cousin.
>>
>>78269282
Hell, bring in fucking Kyle Katarn from the EU ffs. Hell he even did in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.
>>
I'm really concerned that the sequel trilogy is just going to be a rehash of the original trilogy. They are definitely going that path with Kylo Ren being Darth Vader 2.0. and Snoke being Sheev 2.0. - I can already see a Kylo redemption arc where he overthrows his master. I hope they do something different, but I'm concerned.
>>
>>78269290
...and now I feel dumb. Guess I'm retard after all.

Pardon me while I punish myself by prolonged exposure to Jar Jar.
>>
>>78269277
I think the New Republic is supposed to be pacifistic while funding the Resistance as a proxy army to keep the peace and political face.

The First Order is just the Imperial Remnant in the Outer Rim.

While the Cold War idea is neat, I much rather prefer the aggressive, confident New Republic of the old EU.
>>
>>78269272
>Say what you will about them, but the Galaxy during the prequels felt different, and we saw it change and degenerate into what we have in the OT.

The prequels still feel too removed from the OT. We saw changes and degeneration, but it didn't feel like we were going

At least not until I saw the Tantive IV and that classic interior.

That's what the prequels should have looked like in Epsiode 1.
>>
Some deleted scenes may have been found, they have a lot more flashbacks of Luke and Kylo. I hope they make some DVD bonus section
>inb4 reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3xd9zo/leaked_scene_list_points_to_what_was_cutchanged/
>>
>>78269240
Luke's disciples weren't Jedi yet and for the flashback it looks like they were working with Kylo.

To me it look like they gangbanged Luke
>>
>>78269313
That's who I meant by Mandalore the bearded

I think they're just giving Finn his story
>>
>yfw Luke says in the next movie "yes, I am your father"
>>
>>78269317
As long as they don't build ANOTHER Death Star/Star Killer. It's like this is the third time they did it and they still got blown the fuck up.
>>
Guys, I loved the movie, I really did, but uhh... Can we just talk about the fact that;

The soundtrack wasnt that great? I think it may be the worst soundtrack of all the movies. NOTHING of the new tracks stood out to me, except maybe (what i think is) Rey's theme. I would leave Star Wars movies with the music ingrained in my head after the first viewing, but this is the first time I can barely remember any of it. None of it stood out at all, it was all so soft.
>>
>>78269183
More than disappointed. Unless it turns out he managed to fully train some Jedi and they were offworld when the Knights of Ren attacked, I'm pretty pissed that they had Luke's efforts to rebuild the Order be undone so swiftly.
>>
>>78269272

If you watch each prequel carefully, you'll notice there's distinct shifts in design. Like things feel like they become grittier each episode as the Clone War gets closer/rages on.

>>78269313

Isn't Finn just a Kyle Katarn rip off?
>>
>>78269353
And I guess the designer of the Starkiller was an apprentice of the Death Star chief design
>>
>>78269351
But then who mother?

Leia? Mara? Maz?

Alternate ending:
Rey's mother is Chewbacca
>>
>>78269351
That could easily happen. And again basically copy V in that matter.
>>
Phasma was a perfect allusion to Boba Fett.

She was a in some cool armor and completely jobbed.
>>
>>78269358
Yeah I agree, the OST was weak as fuck. John Williams must not be up to it anymore or barely had a hand in it. All of the prequels had new iconic tracks and themes but this barely anything

TPM -> Duel of the Fates
AoTC -> Across the Stars (how that shitty movie had such good music is beyond me)
RoTS -> Battle of the Heroes
>>
>>78269339
Maz not force sensitive fags BTFO
>>
>>78269389
Mrs Skywalker was killed on the assault on the new jedi academy. Betting she was some rebel pilot as well
>>
>>78269232
There was even much better self-referencing "poetry" (foreshadowing actually) in the movie. Poe literally said "as long as there's light, there's hope". When Han faces his son, Kylo's face has red light on the left and blue light on the right, produced by the sun that was being absorbed. Then the blue light disappeared and by the time when Kylo's face wasn't bluish anymore, he killed Han. The light in him disappeared, just like the light of the sun.

JJ is a pretty good director. That scene was superb and also an example for "poetry" done right.
>>
>>78269339
>>https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3xd9zo/leaked_scene_list_points_to_what_was_cutchanged/

It looks like from these that Maz was a force user. Not a Jedi, but still a Force user.

I can maybe see why they dropped the idea. Might have been too confusing to explain to casual audiences, and the film didn't waste much time with explaining shit.

Plus, she was already a little Yoda-y.
>>
>>78269407
Imagine if they recanonized Mara Jade just to kill her off in a flashback or exposition
>>
>>78269413

Also, when Fin and Rey enter the same structure, there's a beam of light that comes in behind them and illuminates Han and Kylo on the walkway.

Pottery.
>>
>>78269430
The tears would be delicious.
>>
>>78269358
I agree, there were now stand out tracks by John this time. If you gotta give the prequels credit, is that each one had at least one fucking great song (Duel of the Fates, Episode II love Theme, Battle of Heroes). In VII nothing really stands out. I guess John is losing his luster or something.
>>
>>78269449

Sounds like the music accurately reflected the nature of the film
>>
>tfw Wedge will probably be killed off during the 30 year gap for some new OC mary sue because Denis Lawson wouldn't come back

He'll be hopping on one transparisteel leg in Heaven ;_;
>>
Post favorite tracks from the soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfrCLcjvDbk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp5OcYHghAY
>>
>>78269405
>>78269449
I feel weird for saying this, but I was really unimpressed with 'Across the Stars' and 'Battle of Heroes'. I don't hate them; I just find them really underwhelming.
>>
Too bad when they were talking about the Star Killer one of them didn't go "Wait, Star Killer? Wasn't that that guy who Vader trained and then became are inspiration or something?" as a way to bring him into the canon. As silly as that would sound.
>>
>>78269482
Only Rey's theme is worth posting
>>
>>78269485
Damn, I dont wanna say an opinion can be wrong, but...
>>
>>78269485
Nothing wrong with opinions Anon, I think some of it could be that they're saddled with the shitty stories.
>>
>>78269485
I dunno how they can be called underwhelming. Not to your taste maybe, but underwhelming is far from what they are. The blaring reprise of the love theme before Anakin and Padme go into the execution arena was really really powerful.
>>
>>78269233
Anon, I won't speak to the quality of the ending. That's not what I asked about. I don't think as much a problem as you do but I would argue that's because I expected it.
Clearly something happened that was so traumatic to him he exiled himself and abandoned the responsibility that had been placed on him by Yoda. He wasn't going to feel something in the Force, and come out of hiding to be a deus ex machina. He was always going to need to be saught out and found, and the enabling of the protagonists to be able to do this was clearly going to be the plot of TFA. Personally, I got a little anxious while watching because I was almost expecting it to end a la Empire with Rey and Chewie flying off to go find Luke while Leia watches which I think would be a better ending more in line with the precedent of the other saga films like you described. There is no way they weren't going to show Luke though. With the entire plot being about seeking the means to find him, and them acquiring those means, there needed to be a payoff for their efforts. I could see them saving that for VIII, but can you imagine how much we'd be bitching if Luke never showed up? It kind of was a no win scenario in the sense that you either needed to give the fans what they want, or remain consistent with precedent. TFA is clearly a movie about giving fans what they want though, so we know which they chose.
What I'm going to be curious to see is if VIII picks up right there, and includes Rey trying to draw Luke out of his exile, as well as Snoke finishing Ben's training, or if it's going to cut forward in time and have Rey be trained in the Force, and Ben upgraded, and potentially recostumed since he left his helmet behind.
Also, will Finn go full android? Kind of looked like Ben may have rekt his back.
>>
>>78269405
I know AoTC get's a lot of shit (and for good reason for those naboo/romance scenes), but that Yoda/Doku battle was awesome as fuck. And that first Clone War battle.
>>
>>78269485
Shit taste desu senpai
>>
Does Before the Awakening have an audiobook?
>>
Did Han/Leia name their son after Obi-Wan? If so, that's kinda' cute.
>>
>>78269520
>that Yoda/Doku battle was awesome as fuck
That was really silly and kind of pointless. If you must have Yoda fight someone it should be Palpatine, everything else feels superfluous.
>>
5 > 4 > 6 > 7 >>> 3 > 2 = 1

Agree/disagree?
>>
>Finn's story in Before the Awakening will be all about his adventures in sanitation
How exciting!
>>
>>78269558
5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 3 > 1 >>>> 2
>>
>>78269558
Disagree. I think VII is better than VI, otherwise it's correct though.
>>
>>78269495
shut the fuck up
>>
I feel like I'd enjoy the movie much more if Rey was played by Christie and what's-her-face was the glorified shiny background prop instead.

It wasn't bad but it could've been better, I liked Finn and Maz Kanata much more than I've expected, Poe is decent if a bit generic, Hux is pretty amazing and I hope be ends up trying to stage his own coup at some point.
>>
What makes Empire Strikes Back so good?
>>
>>78269558
5 > 4 > 6 = 3 = 7 > 1 = 2

Having trouble picking one over another.

>>78269502
>>78269504
>>78269515
>>78269522
I dunno. I guess I'm making the mistake of comparing them to 'Duel of the Fates'. I keep expecting something more bombastic (though in the case of AtS, it would be the fact that it came from my least favorite of the series)
>>
>>78269558
4 > 5 > 6 > 7.
Prequels not even worth mentioning.
>>
>>78269583
>>78269584
Wow, horrible taste. There isn't a single scene in TFA that comes even close to that final duel between Luke and Vader.
>>
>>78269520
I dont care what anybody says, everything with Obi-Wan, Jango, and the Arena, is great.

>>78269558
Completely disagree mate.

5 = 4 > 3 = 7 > 6 > 1 > 2

5 and 4 dont need an explanation. 7 is a great Star Wars movie, but loses points for it's rehashed plot that leaves us, not really anywhere new. 3 is a fantastic climactic experience. 6 is good, but loses it in the middle, and the ending is SLIGHTLY neutered by the fact that it is no longer the true ending.

Then 1 > 2 because I love Maul/Podracing more than the stuff in AotC (although theres many things in 2 that I still like. I dont dislike any of the movies)
>>
>>78269558
5 > 3 = 7 > 6 > 1 > 2 = 4
>>
>Jedi gone
>New Republic gone
Then what was the fucking point?
>>
Went to see my parents the other day and they asked if there was anything I fancied for Christmas, figured I'd ask for the visual dictionary and cross-section books just for nostalgia's sake (I had the OT ones as a kid), anything similar that's worth getting hold of?
>>
>>78269613
>>78269618
>these people actually exist in our world
>>
File: sheev smirk.jpg (31 KB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
sheev smirk.jpg
31 KB, 400x311
>>78269611
I enjoyed the final duel in TFA more than the duel in ROTJ.

it was far more brutal and well choreographed, but wasn't too flashy like in the prequels.

different strokes for different folks
>>
>>78269405
>>78269449
The soundtrack was a bit underwhelming, mostly because there was only one leitmotif. I really like "torn apart" though. It fits Kylo's cruelty and inner conflict. Jedi steps is also pretty good.
>>
>>78269613
The only parts of RotC I absolutely hated were the romance/Naboo scenes. Lucus can't write romance and god knows Hayden can't fucking act good in those parts.
>>
>>78269650
>It's going up the ass

I don't know why that popped into my head
>>
>Episode 7 pretty much follows a good majority of the post Episode 6 EU
>Episode 7 essentially did what Episode 3 does to the Clone Wars EU stuff where only a few things are retconned while the rest works fine with the movie
So why the fuck did they retcon the EU then? It was a licensing thing wasn't it? Disney didn't want to buy the fuck loads of books and whatnot from the old EU so they just made it non canon. I'm sure there was some push in Lucasfilm to try out a story group because they thought it would be fun too, but I bet the money reasons came first and afterwards Pablo/Chee/etc were like 'fuck, I guess we need to make an official canon now'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking a lot of the new canon, I just really don't see a point in it existing though when their reasoning for retconning ALL of it was 'Episode 7 won't work with it' when Episode 7 only contradicts SOME of it.
>>
>>78269611
Mate, Han's death scene is absolutely amazing. And the lightsaber battle is just as great as the one in VI, minus the great score.
>>
>>78269644
The Republic isn't gone, the capital planet and fleet were destroyed, but the Republic territory still exist. The Republic is just without leadership or an army right now. That's where the resistance comes in.
>>
>>78269558
6>5>4>7>1>3>2
>>
>>78269682
My only real issue is the title. "The Resistance" feels more like, ironically, a rebel organization against an established power.
>>
>>78269677
The contradictions would cause more trouble than it's worth. A clean slate is easier to work with. See TCW when it was wrecking into the EU and people got mad every time it did.
>>
>>78269677
So they can
>reuse ideas with the appearance of them being original
>not have to deal with shit like Chewie gettting crushed by a moon
>not have the plot of every upcoming movie be from a book or a comic
>>
File: 1449425808277.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449425808277.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
>NotJacen finally redeems himself in later movie
>new weapon is pic related
>>
>>78269550

It made more sense for Luke to name his son Ben in the Expanded Universe than for Han or Leia to.
>>
File: Rey.jpg (221 KB, 640x958) Image search: [Google]
Rey.jpg
221 KB, 640x958
Rey is a better protagonist than both Luke (in the first movie at least) and Anakin.
>>
>>78269742
I love that shit-eating grin on that kid's face, like "yeah, I'm hot shit and I know it, whatcha gonna do about it, fuckboy?"
>>
>>78269646
What's the problem anon?

>>78269644
The point is now the glorious Empire will be the most important thing in the galaxy, as it should be.
>>
>>78269742
Even if Kylo gets an redemption arc, I still want him to be a bit edgy and use a red lightsaber.
>>
>>78269762
Weak bait.
>>
>>78269358
That was actually my biggest problem with the movie. It felt unoriginal and trying to copy the original music.
>>
>>78269762
So is she supposed to be Luke's daughter?
>>
>>78269742
I really don't know what they were thinking when making this toy.
>>
>>78269795
Probably the twist is she is not
>>
>>78269600
The bad guys win
>>
>>78269800
It lets kids have fun with their imagination while playing Jedi. That's all that matters with the toys.
>>
File: 1440159969922.jpg (90 KB, 284x288) Image search: [Google]
1440159969922.jpg
90 KB, 284x288
>>78269742
>whole trilogy is showing Rey trying to bring Ren to the light side
>in Episode 9 she briefly brings him to the light in the middle of a battle and due to some misunderstanding Finn thinks Kylo is about to kill Rey so he shoots Kylo in the neck and kills him
>this happens with Rey and Kylo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk
>>
>>78269742

With the way that Rey was acting in the fight with Kylo Ren, do you think He will redeem himself and Rey goes to the darkside?
>>
File: madotpuki.jpg (105 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
madotpuki.jpg
105 KB, 740x740
>>78269618
>1 > 2 = 4
>>
>>78269762
She is way more badass than both of them, but she basically has no flaws. Her character arc in this movie was good, but I didn't really care much about her.
>>
>>78269836
Probably not. The prequel trilogy stories pulled enough Anakins to last a lifetime.

I really thought Rey was going to cut off Kylo's hand though.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 659x659
>>78269232
Oh someone else finally pointed it out, nice.
>friends popcorn and drink rang up as $11.38 when we got to the theatre
>>
>>78269795
I think the only reason they've kept the mystery of her origins a mystery is because she's not related to anyone we have any connection to. Their relevancy won't come up until later. At least that's the only reason I can think ofwhy theyu should do that. Because if it's just "She's Han/Luke's kid" then all the little cut aways from letting us know are just for the sake of mystery and, as such, lazy story telling.
>>
>>78269558

That sounds about right to me.
>>
>>78269290
How would that work out? Rey's being abandoned on Jakku, I mean. Maybe she was kidnapped as a baby? Maybe Luke left her a la Kenobi theory of dumping kids on a desert planet to protect her from being found? Clearly her connection to the force, piloting skills, and mechanical skills scream that she is a Skywalker, but her being left on Jakku in the manner she was would kind of be a fuck up on whomever's part left her there unless there was a Kenobi in the shadows keeping an eye on her that we don't know about. Maybe Max von Sydow's character?
>>
>>78269783
It's not bait. Go back and watch A New Hope and try to tell me that Luke isn't whiny as shit. Anakin needs no explanation.
>>
>>78269836
Hux will redeem himself by killing Snoke and taking over the First Order after realizing problems of both Republic and the Empire come from the presence of force users. It's obvious.
>>
>>78269613

Jango is pretty much the only time they did the badass normal villain right. Unlike Boba or Phasma you actually get to see that he is indeed a badass a bunch of times.
>>
File: thisthing.jpg (132 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
thisthing.jpg
132 KB, 1024x576
The movie was pretty good though I'm more excited for Rogue One and them doing something more original in Episode VIII now that they've got every rehash they can think of out of the way.

But what in the fuck was this motherfucker that pops up out of the sand at the end of the introduction? Seriously that shit gave me flashbacks to weirdly specific nightmares I had as a kid.

Also it seems like it talks to BB-8 in something more sophisticated than animal noises. Was it sentient? Was it totally chill with just watching a whole village of people being slaughtered?
>>
>>78269644

money

>>78269650

Wow, great job missing the whole fucking point of the duel in RotJ
>>
>>78269043
Gonna disagree with maz's castle, I loved it. In fact I'm upset they leveled it. I wanted to see it in more stuff.

Am I the only one who feels that Maz's character was interesting and well acted?
>>
>>78269406
>nothing hinted at in the movie she herself is force sensitive to any relevant level
>but a deleted scene-
Not in the movie=not canon
Msw fags BTFO
>>
>>78269847
>She is way more badass than both of them, but she basically has no flaws.

Aside from deciding she wanted nothing to do with any of that crazy vision nonsense, running away, and promptly getting pwned by Kylo.

She was basically the chosen one without anyone ever actually ever telling her she was.
>>
>>78269862
>and, as such, lazy story telling
Yeah, that's kind of what JJ excels at.
>>
File: 1450151936896.jpg (47 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450151936896.jpg
47 KB, 400x400
Is there a guide to what episodes of the Clone Wars are worth watching?
>>
>>78269874
>Hux will redeem himself by killing Snoke and taking over the First Order after realizing problems of both Republic and the Empire come from the presence of force users. It's obvious.
This wouldn't surprise me, but it would also disappoint me. Apparently Star Wars civilians are turning into Marvel civilians seeing as they needed coaxing to leave the fucking empire
>>
File: ep7_ia_22591_r_8396f2d2.jpg (200 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
ep7_ia_22591_r_8396f2d2.jpg
200 KB, 768x433
>>78269874
Can you imagine how the Empire would've been like if Hux had ruled over it and not Sheev?
>>
>>78269918
I hope there is a series of books or comics about Maz and her castle throughout history.
>>
>>78269682

I doubt their ENTIRE fleet is gone. It'd be pretty retarded if all of their army was in one system.
>>
>>78269862
>>78269928

We all know she was conceived by the force
>>
File: 1401300549299.jpg (2 MB, 1592x2556) Image search: [Google]
1401300549299.jpg
2 MB, 1592x2556
>>78269937
>>
>>78269918

Well acted, yes. Glasses were a bit much, though. And the fact that she was hundreds of years old, knowledgeable in the force, and a tiny creature made her an obvious Yoda expy.
>>
Is it me or is Snoke incredibly underwhelming?

Just about everything about him sucks.
>>
>>78269358
Biggest flaw of the movie for me. It was very bland and uninspired IMO. Perhaps I was too focused on what was happening to really listen to it, but there were so many moments I was expecting Jedi themes, or nods to the Imperial March that never came and left me wishing they had. Even TPM have Duel of the Fates, but there was nothing memorable about what we got that I can remember. Maybe John is losing it?
>>
File: 1449075814059.jpg (65 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1449075814059.jpg
65 KB, 600x900
>>78269962
Thank you!
>>
>>78269945
Probably there'd be a lot of pictures of his dad on every larger spaceship.
>>
>>78269870
>Maybe Luke left her a la Kenobi theory of dumping kids on a desert planet to protect her from being found
I think this is what happened. Max von Kenobi knew where Luke was. So they must have had contact. He must be watching over Rey who has force amnesia like Revan did.
>>
>>78269977
>Just about everything about him sucks
Yeah, as you can tell from his face, he had a little accident with his vaccum cleaner.
>>
>>78269945
>Can you imagine how the Empire would've been like if Hux had ruled over it and not Sheev?

It wouldn't have gotten as far as it ever did. Hux is running what remains of the institutions that Palpatine created pretty much from nothing. Without Palpatine's manipulation and force ex machina, there would be no Imperial fleet.
>>
>>78269977
We don't know anything about him yet.
>>
Where was Sarco?

Also, getting a closer look at the Knights of Ren in the big screen was really neat. Anybody's gotten a HD pic?
>>
>>78269481
He would come back, but not just for some cameo
>>
>>78270019
Who?
>>
>>78269558
5=3>7=4=6>2>1
But none of them are terrible, or bad. It's all fairly close. Honestly all but one of the ">" are a formality. Only episode one deserves any kind of separation, and even then it's the difference between 7.5/10 and 7/10. I like all the movies for their own reasons, sue me.
>>
>>78269977
>Is it me or is Snoke incredibly underwhelming?

No, he was pretty lame. The Pale Orc from the Hobbit trying to act like Palpatine.
>>
>Ren is the new Darth
Bravo JJ, truly pushing for originality
>>
>>78269918
She reminded me of a more pleasant version of Edna Mode for some reason.
>>
>>78269571
I loved how his being Sanitation got a payoff.
>>
>>78269795
Looks that way. There's more hints for that than for being Kylo's sibling, of which there were very few, if anything specific at all.
>>
>>78269968
Glasses were fine if they had just been a "single" zoom, not like, 500 zoom settings.

Yeah she is Yoda 2.0, but that is okay. Yoda just fit the heroic cycle needs, as did she.
>>
>>78270042

It's actually a very important plot/character point that he is NOT the new Darth Vader.
>>
>>78269977
I wasn't impressed, but I was told by my dad that Sheevs first appearence wasn't exactly impressive either.
>>
>>78269680
Chewie ;_;
I just wanna hug him.
>>
>There are people that SERIOUSLY think that Episode 7 was on the same level of Episode 1

You people can't be fucking serious. It wasn't a perfect movie but it was better than episode 1. That is a fact.
>>
>>78270043
>She reminded me of a more pleasant version of Edna Mode for some reason.

She was short ethnic grandma.
>>
>>78270042
At least Kylo is a "normal" name. George would've probably called him Darth Murderous or something like that.
>>
>>78270081
No, I meant the title. It's literally the same thing, including fake new name (Vader/Kylo)
>>
>>78270107
>implying there was anything wrong with Maul and Tyranus
>implying an order that's all about power and being the strongest there is wouldn't go for intimidating titles
>>
>>78270090
I don't think anybody other than /tv/ shitposters is saying that.
>>
>>78269857
>I really thought Rey was going to cut off Kylo's hand though.
I thought she was gonna cut something off. Ben fucking owes her now since she gave him a sweet scar on his face he can show off to his buddies in his Sith fanboy club.
>>
File: duelingsabers.gif (489 KB, 317x214) Image search: [Google]
duelingsabers.gif
489 KB, 317x214
>>78270090
>You people can't be fucking serious. It wasn't a perfect movie but it was better than episode 1. That is a fact.

There are people here who think the lightsaber duel at the end of Episode 3 was awesome and appropriate.
>>
>final dogfight
>there is an ant eater x-wing pilot
>kinda half chuckle at him
>he speaks stirn fluent english
>woah he's cool shit
>he's racking up kills along with the others
>getting pumped
>keeps changing camera to the asian girl and fat guy
>think they're about to die
>ant-eater gets shot
>shout Nooo in the theatre

favorite non-main character alien?
>>
>>78270136
That fight made sense though. Obi Wan taught anakin how to fight, they fight the exact same. It makes sense they mirror each other
>>
File: 139924-george-lucas.jpg (241 KB, 950x1295) Image search: [Google]
139924-george-lucas.jpg
241 KB, 950x1295
Miss me yet?
>>
>>78270136
What was wrong with it then? The scene you posted makes sense in context.
>>
>>78269998
Where did she get the Imperial officer accent I wonder?
>>
File: image.gif (378 KB, 281x266) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
378 KB, 281x266
>>78269680
>the lightsaber battle
It was so fucking cool to see Lightsabers with modern effects, being treated like real beams of Cold-Plasma. Shit was so cash.
Don't even get me started on Kylo's [The World] tier Force freezing.
>>
I really love Kylo's theme. What a shame that it is so short and we didn't hear it often enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzP7D2Yjkd8
>>
TFW you think Kylo Ren is an analogue for a school shooter

>massacred Luke's jedi academy, prompting Luke to go into hiding

Is literally a young white male school shooter, but with a lightsaber

good
>>
if you could acknowledge one character who has only shown in the CW show in the new trilogy, whom would you pick?
>>
>>78270144
Jar Jar :^)
>>
>>78270161
From her Imperial mother Mara
>>
>>78269862
>lazy story telling

They literally just redid episode 4
>>
>>78270130
>there's a Sith club at the First Order academy
>they're basically the emo kids
>they always try and compare injuries with each other
>"Yeah well I was fighting a Jedi the other day and before I killed him he totally swiped his lightsaber like right above my hand and burned it."
>"You're lying. The Jedi are all dead. Plus I was at your house when you got that burn and it was from getting a pan out of the oven."
>"Shut the fuck up Kylo!"
>>
>>78270148
I wonder how he feels knowing his baby is now in the hands of other people.
>>
>>78270144
Crimson Corsair for me, the design is a nice mix of Durge and Grievous
>>
>>78270200
I bet he doesn't care that much considering they paid him 4 billion
>>
>>78270136
It's mind boggling that people STILL praise this shit as "climactic". You have this shit, the fucking lava surfing, the VINE SWINGING fight. It's everything wrong with the prequel fights but then they double down and make it even more ridiculous.
>>
>>78270200
Really bitter, haven't you seen the interviews?
>>
>>78270148
Nope. Loved the new movie, even its worse mistakes were better than the best moments of 1-3.
>>
>>78269902
My buddy and I were talking, and we thought the saga movies are most likely going to stay safe in terms of what they cover. The other one offs or "EU" movies are gonna be the ones that take the risks.
I can't fucking wait. I love our Mouse Overlords for opening up the Star Wars universe as a cinematic sandbox.
>>
>>78270144
Ello Asty I think that was?
>>
>>78270211
It was fun
>>
>>78270148
Yes, at least you did something new and never would've rehashed ANH so shamelessly. Fuck TFA.
>>
File: 1446218107137.jpg (23 KB, 315x320) Image search: [Google]
1446218107137.jpg
23 KB, 315x320
>>78269862
>She's Han/Luke's kid
L-l-lewd
>>
>>78270148
Ah good ole Georgie.
My friend felt the last panning shot with Rey and Luke was awkwardly silent as fuck, I responded "well it's a Star Wars movie, something has to be awkward".
That actually worked.
Your glorious legacy carries on, Lucas.
Wonder if he liked the movie. I know he said the fans would like it, but I wonder how he himself felt.
>>
File: 1425746734747.jpg (66 KB, 528x792) Image search: [Google]
1425746734747.jpg
66 KB, 528x792
>>78270211
>mfw they start awkwardly moving towards the beam and balancing on it for no reason
>>
>>78270226
Think so

He died a hero.
>>
>>78270221
>I love Disney for inevitably bringing franchise fatigue to Star Wars
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>78270211
Yeah, it's just way overblown. Then there's the dialogue. I actually saw people defending it yesterday because 7's fights weren't as ridiculous.
>>
>>78269874
Ok Traviss
>>
>>78270148
No, rehash or not, at least TFA is good and actually feels like Star Wars.
>>
>>78270210
He gave all of the money Disney paid him to charity.
>>
>>78270026
Former Supreme Chancellor of the France system, exiled nemesis of Darth Marine.
>>
>"He's been in Low Power mode since Luke left us. He might never be his old self again."

Anyone else kind of get the feeling this was some kind of jab at George Lucas no longer exercising creative control over the franchise?
>>
>>78270216
Well he seemed to like VII according to some source.
>>
File: 1258472019687.jpg (23 KB, 231x338) Image search: [Google]
1258472019687.jpg
23 KB, 231x338
>>78270190
>>
>>78270200
Begrudgingly accepting of it.
He doesn't love it, but he admitted it was his decision and he stands by it.
>>78270211
Yeah it's not like there was any emotion in it at any point! Except that there was if payed even a little attention.
>>
>>78270293
No. That's autistic
>>
>>78270293
No?
>>
>>78270090

Episode 1 at least TRIED to be its own thing, there was some creativity there. TFA just feels incredibly unoriginal and its setting feels super vauge.
>>
>>78270148
No, I had fun. Can't say the same about the last thing you made.
>>
>>78270293
point is, it was never stated, how long has it been since luke left?
>>
>>78270196
>They literally just redid episode 4

And episode V (Maz=Yoda, Father and Son confrontation over a bottomless pit, snow planet battle) and VI (Han and Leia, Ackbar, Nien, and the gang return, .

This movie was basically Disney/JJ going/Everyone else saying, "See! We can still make a classic Star Wars movie! Will you get off our backs already?" Hopefully now that they've proven the point, they can explore the setting's potential a bit more.

Sort of like how Marvel had to show they could do basic comic book movies before taking on projects like Iron Man3, Winter Soldier, and Ant Man in slightly different directions.
>>
>>78268959
>Star Wars: New Republic
Oh yeah, that thing the Rebellion fought so hard for and doesn't exist anymore, thanks JJ :^)
>>
>>78270293
>some kind of jab at George Lucas

JJ did that with the whole movie.
>>
I ship Phasma and badass riot gear stormie guy
>>
>>78270264
>he doesn't want to see more of the entire universe around the movies.
>he only wants to watch a Skywalker save the day again for the umpteenth time
I pity you. I love me some Skywalker saves the day, but there is an entire galaxy out there full of stories to be told. Where is your sense of manifest destiny, anon?
>>
>>78270333
For a few good years I would imagine. Kylo was still a boy when Luke vanished
>>
>>78270326

JJ was probably just writing a remake or a Star Wars inspired original film and then remembered it had to be a sequel.
>>
>>78270304
The emotion doesn't make the fight any less ridiculous, sorry.
>>
File: 1450310344404.png (71 KB, 598x713) Image search: [Google]
1450310344404.png
71 KB, 598x713
>>
>>78270354
All of than can be done via books, comics, TV shows and games, no need to churn out a new movie every new years, effectively making Star Wars movies a non-event.
>>
>>78270211
>You have this shit, the fucking lava surfing, the VINE SWINGING fight.

With all the CGI, the set pieces, the gimmicky "complications", the whole fight felt like a quicktime event/cutscene from the Force Unleashed.
>>
>>78270293
I just thought R2 was having a sad.
>>
did you see that spider like at-at's walking on the background?
>>
>>78270326

I can admit that it felt like they were copying elements from ANH, but it's not the complete total rehash everyone is memeing about. There was plenty of new shit you they showed but you're all too busy shitposting to notice.
>>
>>78270366
Reminds me of that fake article where Kojima was writing MGSV and had to rewrite 30 pages of the script because he forgot it was a Big Boss game and not a Solid Snake one.
>>
>>78270378
glib facsimile
>>
File: 1450282201082.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
1450282201082.gif
2 MB, 438x363
>>78270211

I enjoyed it, but TPM's final battle was a little better. Lucas tried a little too hard to top himself with ROTS that some things felt rather silly.
>>
>>78270170
damn straight

his theme should have been playing every time he popped on screen
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.