[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
zblu cops and why it's sad it never got translated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: zblu cops classroom.jpg (190 KB, 850x601) Image search: [Google]
zblu cops classroom.jpg
190 KB, 850x601
They are a lot of things that don't come to get translated to english,as all around the world people are producing art and only so much of it can pass the language barrier to come to pepople like me. Now particularly tragic case of this is the french comic zlbu cops why is this tragic well becuase from what a picked uped from the art style alone is that this comic is vibrant full of color and engry and it's about a bunch of incompetent yet heroic cops

the art style can be presnted here and i just love every thing about it from the cell shaded style to the color to the large amount of details and it's energy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlam3iEszGk
as you see here in this video the overall ridiculousness and energy translated well to animation and even the singing conveys it. i also love how it says justice rapidly as he punches the man in the bunny suit

if you want to learn more about this series i would recommend reading the french Wikipedia article for it from what i read it seems pretty interesting

now that sadest thing about zblucops is it could of been intrduced to the west by a game for the wii if you want to learn more about that read this article http://www.unseen64.net/2015/06/22/zblu-cops-cancelled-wii/

or if you are lazy and hate reading watch this video from the same guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0nX3j-WHic

any way in consulsion thinking about stuff like this makes me glad a game like depoina reached the shores of a ameracunt
>>
Look on the bright side, they're finally translating some of guillaume singelin's stuff. If you like Zblu's aesthetics you'll most likly dig that guys stuff too.
>>
>>77477453
link me to it please
>>
File: zblu cops warzone.jpg (333 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
zblu cops warzone.jpg
333 KB, 1024x768
moar images
>>
File: zblu cops heroic pose.jpg (119 KB, 596x800) Image search: [Google]
zblu cops heroic pose.jpg
119 KB, 596x800
>>77477611
even moar imgages
>>
File: zblu cops show down.jpg (59 KB, 365x499) Image search: [Google]
zblu cops show down.jpg
59 KB, 365x499
>>77477611
>>77477665
images
>>
>>77477453
how do i get my hands on it any way
>>
File: 03-1.jpg (151 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
03-1.jpg
151 KB, 500x413
>>77477603
Just google his name
>>77477827
Pretty sure nothings out yet but it was confirmed that at least one of his books will be getting an english release.
>>
File: Couv_135660[1].jpg (88 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
Couv_135660[1].jpg
88 KB, 500x666
I wish more comics had cartoon advertising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHXf7wEpBPI
>>
>>77478258
>Pretty sure nothings out yet but it was confirmed that at least one of his books will be getting an english release.

well is there any site i can preorder it on
>>
>>77478342
>uploader has not made this video available in your country
Thanks Hollande
>>
>>77479011
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19v8ug_skip-the-use-nameless-world_music
better ?
>>
>>77479179
video geo redistricted by owner
>>
>>77479253
Just look for it on youtube, m8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XEaAaLRVYo
>>
Just learn french you baka.
>>
>>77479553
2 lazy
>>
>>77479553
>learning a language that will be replaced by Arabic within the next 10 years for a comic book
Yeah, no.
>>
>>77477453
tell me more about this guillaume singelin'
>>
File: Scan-151115-0001.jpg (555 KB, 1813x1400) Image search: [Google]
Scan-151115-0001.jpg
555 KB, 1813x1400
>could of been intrduced to the west
>He's talking about the USA
That shit is part of the reason why you don't get translations. The other, more significant part is that the comic shops are basically Diamond outlets and Diamond is in the cahoots with companies that are in the business of managing vaulable IPs.

Everybody who matters just sees comics as a means to keep the IPs in circulation. They'd care about these comics if releasing them would mean they'd get their hands on the IP for all of eternity.
>>
>>77480087
That ignores that comic shops are a dying business for this reason alone, hell even webcomics can into publishing books and making dosh because of the internet.

Though I admit I don't know how the French comic market works so I might be missing something,
>>
>>77480591
>Though I admit I don't know how the French comic market works so I might be missing something,

Oh, it's easy - publishers pick up comics that fit their specific program line rather than hire artists and writers to work on their IPs. In general.
Which is why we get comics about a comic artist and a viniculturalist explaining the ins and outs of their respective jobs to each other or the story of a kid in Keniya who gets mixed up in an old priest's quest to move an ancestor spirit's bones out of the way of a hotel development project while you get IP XY now with a new face behind the mask story 20234.

Series like Asterix, Spirou, Tanguy et Laverdure, Buck Danny and Barbe Rouge that are managed somwhat more like US comic IPs exist as well, of course.

And "the Internet" is not a business model - the business model of webcomics is a mixture of selling advertizing space and creating an IP that can sell other products. Having people make monthly donations has become something of a trend as well in recent years.
>>
>>77480989
>publishers pick up comics that fit their specific program line rather than hire artists and writers
So they are closer to graphic novels than what would be recognized as comics here?

>"the Internet" is not a business model
I was more referring to make a distribution deal with Amazon or some similar high volume internet retailer site if they would be blacklisted from brick and mortar stores.

I don't really go to shops and haven't been able to find any data but what percentage of comics are sold there?
>>
>>77481182
>So they are closer to graphic novels than what would be recognized as comics here?
Not sure where you draw the line between a comic and a graphic novel here? Because comics in France do get split up into multiple issues that are released over the span of years or decades as well - even those that do tell a self-enclosed story. The thick graphic novel format was actually adapted after it was popularized in the US and accepted when Manga changed the consumer's views somewhat.

>I was more referring to make a distribution deal with Amazon or some similar high volume internet retailer site if they would be blacklisted from brick and mortar stores.
I don't think there had been any noticable successes in the field of comic via Amazon direct publishing yet. The successful writers in that model all seemed to specialize in trashy novels.
>>
>>77477375
>French comic
>introduced to the west
This level of geographical obtuseness can only come from an American.
>>
>>77486535
What are you bumping for? If you want to see it translated there are raws you can do yourself.
>>
>>77486628
what ?

also im bumping for great justice by the way
>>
>>77478926
Sorry, looks like it wont be coming out until 2017

http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive-guillaume-singelins-ptsd-to-be-released-by-first-second-in-winter-2017/

Kind of odd it will take that long.

>>77479908
He's one of those new wave kind of artists from france that have digested some manga influence into there own euro cartooning sensibilities.

http://blackyjunkgallery.tumblr.com

Good stuff.
>>
>>77487709

holy fuck i will likely forget about it by the time 2017 comes
>>
>>77477375
I've been looking forward to an English release for 2 years now. The only other french comic I've bought has been Mutafukaz. Got any other suggestions, OP?
>>
>>77490657
actualy i don't know much about french comics im not a expert i just found it while i was randomly watching the unseen 64 video i linked
sorry
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.