[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's this asshole up to in current continuity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: bishop.jpg (210 KB, 740x1079) Image search: [Google]
bishop.jpg
210 KB, 740x1079
What's this asshole up to in current continuity?
>>
Nobody knows?
>>
>>81622822
Hunted Cassandra Nova through time back to the present, wherein Storm had Psylocke wipe out all of Bishop's memories of genociding millions of people in his fruitless quest to kill Hope so that he could go back to being a good guy, as if not remembering killing millions of people somehow absolves you of the sin of killing millions of people.

Then Hope found out he was back, tried to kill him, then they ended up settling on a truce with Hope giving him one chance to get away but if she ever saw him again, she'd kill him.

Then both him and Hope were thrown back in limbo so she'll never have to worry about that again.

He's also one of the main characters in X-men '92 but that's not main continuity.
>>
>>81623461
>Storm had Psylocke wipe out all of Bishop's memories of genociding millions of people in his fruitless quest to kill Hope so that he could go back to being a good guy, as if not remembering killing millions of people somehow absolves you of the sin of killing millions of people.

In fairness, it worked for Tony Stark. Albeit because he also headlined a really popular movie around that time.
>>
>>81623534
>In fairness, it worked for Tony Stark.

Dude, did you even read the Hope-Cable series?

Because Bishop heel turned harder than fucking Hal Jordan.
>>
Why the hell X-characters get the shaft in characterization?
>>
>>81622822
Off-panel party.
>>
>>81622822
>Somebody calls an X-Man an asshole.

>It's not Cyclops.

Am.. am I dreaming /co/?
>>
>>81627723

Wow 7 whole posts before a Scottfag made an X-Man related thread about Cyclops.
>>
>>81627723
Scott is a huge asshole, but lets be fair here, he's one of many assholes in X-men, in fact I'd say most of the X-men are assholes.
>>
>>81627801
Pick six characters for most assholic team possible.
>>
>>81627843

>Cyclops
>Wolverine
>Beast
>Emma Frost
>Kitty Pride
>Jean Grey
>>
>>81627843
>Namor
>Sunfire
>Emma Frost
>Quicksilver

I don't even need two others
>>
>>81627761
Well the thread's been up for hours and only was 7 posts..

Nothing of value is lost.
>>
>>81627894
Ha. Replace Jean with Piotr and we get Whedon's Astonishing.
>>81627959
Cyclops and Northstar, maybe?
>>
>>81627843
>assholic
That sounds like someone addicted to booty.
>>
Man, Bishop got fucked over so hard conceptually.
He should have been Cable, and fuck the whole Nathan Summers thing.
>>
>>81623461
>Storm had Psylocke wipe out all of Bishop's memories of genociding millions of people in his fruitless quest to kill Hope so that he could go back to being a good guy

that sounds terrible

good to know dropping it as soon as i saw Humphries on it wasn't a bad decision
>>
>>81627801
which x-men is not a asshole?
>>
>>81628028
I hope doctors never find a cure.
>>
>>81628028
Guilty.
>>
>>81631524
>implying I'M not the cure
>>
>>81631434

Chamber is pretty chill
>>
File: 287412-15734-baby-mutant.jpg (108 KB, 400x607) Image search: [Google]
287412-15734-baby-mutant.jpg
108 KB, 400x607
>>81622822
He's unsusable. Until they retcon him being a mass murderer and attempted child murderer no writer will ever want to use him and he will never be an X-Man again.
>>
>>81631434
>which x-men is not a asshole?
Storm, Colossus, Sunspot, Cannonball.
>>
Okay so I want to boil down this X-traitior business.

First we thought it was Gambit
but then it wasn't gambit
Then it turns out it was Xavier
but not really it was just his psychic projection run amok
then it actually was Gambit
but not really he just did some shit in the past and the X-men turned on him forcing him out
Then it was Bishop who shot xavier and while attempting to murder a baby
>>
>>81631397
Yes, Humphries' UXF is among the worst X-books of the past decade.
>>
>>81631700
>Storm
Became one under Bendis

>Sunspot and Cannonball
Not X-Men anymore
>>
>>81631790
I'm going to stand by my preference that Bishop comes from the timeline where Xavier is the X-Traitor, but Onslaught is stopped by other heroes/X-survivors, but the death toll means Zero Tolerance leads to a Days of Future Past situation.

And that bringing it up since then is pointless at best and Hope Hunting at worst.
>>
>>81632080
That's one thing I really hate about any kinda 'future business' - you can never really use it since cape books just go on forever. Don't get me wrong, I love my cape comics, but future shit needs to be kept at a minimum.
>>
>>81631434

>Storm
>Nightcrawler
>Pixie
>Jubilee
>Domino (Lovable Asshole)
>Colossus
>Dust
>Rockslide
>Wolfsbane
>Siryn
>Blindfold
>Firestar
>Doop (Lovable Asshole)
>Karma
>Dr. Nemesis (Lovable Asshole)
>Gambit (Lovable Asshole)
>>
>>81632174

what gets me is when people tried to defend Scott's actions in AvX because Future Cable told him shit would be okay.

Scott knows full well how time travel works in his universe. He has two kids from two separate timelines and hung around Bishop who was from a third. And that's not even counting all the other parallel worlds he's aware of.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.