[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your top five favorite Gravity Falls episode? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: S2e11_stan_shadow.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
S2e11_stan_shadow.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
What's your top five favorite Gravity Falls episode?

And if NWHS is your first, add a sixth episode to the list
>>
2. D&MvF
3. NWMM
4. Sock Opera
5. Mablecorn
6. Inconveniencing
>>
>>81180927
summerween has to be high up there. one of their best and most fun adventures, plus some great dipper and wendy and dipper and mabel stuff.

into the bunker was absolutely goddamn fantastic. same reason. fun adventure, good wendy action.

timetravel episode was a fantastic mindfuck plus we got adorable waddles. and even if it didnt get to happen in the end, it's nice to know dipper CAN alter time if he tries hard enough

first episode established things perfectly and hooked me in.

and while i've never been much of a fan of the whole.. mystery thing.. gotta admit the last episode before the great hiatus was epic as fuck. stan showing off some serious capability, Soos showing his loyalty, mabel using her heart.. great stuff.

special mention to the tourist trap tour episode, with its great villain and basically excellent plot aside from its nonsensical 'dipper is somehow wrong' derail. fix that one bit and it would be a top episode.
>>
>>81181249
and my sixth favorite has to be mermando episode. because fuck yeah mermando. and some nice wendy action. but seeing gideon get one over on stan isn't too satisfying, and the overall story wasnt exactly riveting
>>
>>81180927
NWHS is #1 and should be #1. Rarely get to see such an episode with such buildup nail the pacing and the climax. So many fumble yet Gravity didn't, although everything afterwards was a shitfest.

I'd put NWMN at #2, and Into The Bunker at #3. The rest begin to fade together after that.
>>
I'm currently watching the second half of the second season (currently at The Stanchurian Candidate) and I'm wondering why so many people claim it's so bad. It's pretty fun so far.
>>
File: 1457840646075.png (143 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
1457840646075.png
143 KB, 500x668
>1. Not What He Seems
What the fuck can I say about this episode? It's absolutely masterful, from start to finish, I wouldn't change a thing.

>2. Dipper and Mabel vs the Future
The whole contrast of best/worst day ever is really well done, you get them Mabel feels in all her scenes, and the Dipper/Ford dynamic is really well written. Best credit scene in the show too, prize worthy and shit

>3. Northwest Mansion Mystery
Legitimately fun episode, great character development with Pacifica and that ghost lumberjack was fucking based. I'm not even a shipper and I find this episode freaking fantastic.

>4. The Legend of the Gobblewonker
Gotta reserve at least one spot to a season 1 episode, and I believe this one embraces exactly what that whole season is about. It has funny moments, it has mysterious and spooky moments and, most importantly, it focuses on the characters and their relationship. That photos montage in the end is one of this shows best moments.

The music is amazing too.

>5. Scary-Oke
What a fucking way to kick off season two. This entire episode is amazing, from cold open to credits, it doesn't let you down for a second. The whole zombie 'fight' is incredible, and ending it off with Taking Over Midnight, awesome.

And it has a fucking ton of canon implications, with Stan revealing his knowledge about GF weirdness, the black light and the agents discovering that GF is something to seriously keep an eye on.

>6. Sock Opera
This one is probably the most difficult to rank. It could easily be WM1, WM3, Into the Bunker, Tourist Trapped, Summerween, Dreamscaperers and others. But ultimately, I think Sock Opera is a tier above. Bill at his absolute finest in this episode.

>>81181498
Yeah, it's pretty good. I think a lot of people don't really like it because it's just another filled in between the major events of the show.
>>
>>81181498
a yearlong hiatus means nothing can possibly live up to the hype
>>
>>81181022
>5. Mablecorn
Let me put on my SKEPTICALS.
>>
>>81181498
You'll find out soon enough.
>>
File: 1459124113212.jpg (155 KB, 796x530) Image search: [Google]
1459124113212.jpg
155 KB, 796x530
Remember when /gfg/ came up with better story ideas than what we got from the series?
>>
>>81181950
>you get them Mabel feels in all her scenes
uh.. no
>>
>>81182649
Remember when /gfg/ was the gayest general on the board?
>>
>>81184315
This is literally a /sug/ post.
Or bait.

Because as gay and annoying as our threads got, nothing could surpass /sug/ at those times.
>>
File: The Author.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
The Author.webm
3 MB, 960x540
This is really difficult to create a top 5 for since I feel like I'd be leaving off like 7 other episodes that deserve as equal recognition but these are what I choose on gut feeling:

6. Fight Fighters/Soos vs. the Real Girl
I put both here as a tie because I love both of them for similar reasons. Both are just plain funny episodes, plus great sprite work, hard to go wrong.
Favorite line(s): "Take me to the Soviet Union!" and "Hello friends! Hoohah the owl is dead."

5. Weirdmageddon Part 1
I know a lot of people were disappointed by Weirdmageddon overall, but I enjoyed it as a whole. But of the three episodes the first part was the strongest, a perfect blend of comedy and apocalyptic drama.
Favorite line: "I've been wandering the plains like a desperado, helping strangers. I guess thee's some folk songs about me now?"

4. Legend of the Gobblewonker
Smash nailed what made this one work, and I must also add this episode had some of my biggest laughs of the series.
Favorite Line: "It's funny because marriage is terrible!"

3. Northwest Manor Mystery
The Lumberjack Ghost might be up there with the Summerween Trickster as my favorite "monsters of the week". Also this episode made Pacifica into an actual character, shame that went nowhere.
"You were right about me. I am just another link in the world's worst chain."

2. Summerween
Halloween is my favorite holiday and I absolutely adore a good Halloween special, and this might be one of my favorite Halloween specials ever. It perfectly captures the spirit of the holiday and even manages to be a little bit spooky in the process.
Favorite line: "I ate a man alive tonight."

1. Not What He Seems
If there are truly such a thing as a perfect episode of television this would be one of them alongside Twin Peak's S02 Ep09. No moment of screentime is wasted, every joke works, every voice actor knocked it out of the park, and the last three minutes of the show are unforgettable.
Favorite line: "Grunkle Stan... I trust you."
>>
>>81184426
Actually, I take my post back now that I think of it.
>>
>>81184502
Alright, no hard feelings dude

not that i was ever butthurt over it, but taking in the matters of the other generals, we were at highest of annoyance (and in turn, gayness) 2nd. I mean.. if you're just gonna go and say "you guys are actually GAY" then... that's wrong, Steven Universe is THE gay general. If you were using it as an insult to how annoying we were, you'd still need to put us on 2nd place at highest because when a SU general thread is made... it's a nightmare.
>>
Did we ever get a fully compiled set of pages?
>>
>>81185791
Pages of what?
>>
>>81185803
>>
File: 1455585174013.jpg (478 KB, 1024x1344) Image search: [Google]
1455585174013.jpg
478 KB, 1024x1344
>>81185911
Oh, right. The answer is yes. Turns out there was nothing crazy like Ford having the Big Dipper birthmark or Stan having Bill eyes.
>>
>>81185931
Much appreciated regardless.
>>
>>81184244
I mean, I think I can get it you don't agreeing with the HS scene, but the Grenda's house and when Dipper comes back to the shack are heart breaking, man
>>
>>81185931
Looking at this, It's kind of disappointing the symbols didn't mean that much.
>>
>>81180927
Soos and the Real Girl
Inconveniencing
Headhunters
Summerween
Time Traveler's Pig
>>
>>81190549
>>81190549
>Headhunters
Really? Mind giving some insight on why you liked it so much?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.