[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't really know much about the character but the idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
File: 12079060.jpg (13 KB, 284x398) Image search: [Google]
12079060.jpg
13 KB, 284x398
I don't really know much about the character but the idea of a martial arts tv show sounds like a dream coming true. I'm just wondering, how good is Iron fist at hand to hand combat in the comics? Can he beat Spider-man, Captain America, Black Panther, Daredevil and you know, all the other guys who are good at punching and kicking ?
>>
>>81163911

Iron Fist is an excellent martial artist, but also magic. He can channel his chi to various ends, making himself faster, tougher, and stronger than a normal person. Also helps him heal faster. He also has the power of the Iron Fists thanks to plunging his hands into the still beating heart of the dragon Shou-Lao the Undying. His fists glow with golden fire when he uses this power, and they are tough enough to deflect bullets, though the rest of his body is not bulletproof. For a general sense of strength, Iron Fist has done the following:

>kicked a guy through a train
>punched Luke Cage through a building
>punched a helicopter out of the sky
>>
>>81164041
I should have done my research I thought his "power" was just being really good at fighting. Will his magical chi also be present in the tv series? With firefists and everything?
>>
>>81163911
He's not the best martial artist in the Marvel Universe, Shang Chi for one is better. But his glowy namesake gives him an edge.
>>
>>81163911
>Can he beat [list of other heroes]
Eugh, nigga you gross as fuck.
>>
>>81165535
I didnt mean is X stronger than Y, not trying to start a flamewar here, just wanted to put his fighting skills in perspective
>>
>>81165416
As far as martial arts goes Shang Chi is at the top. But there are others at the same level of Iron Fist, like Black Widow, Black Panther, or a bunch or other black belt type people. Like a ton of people he is one tier below Shang Chi, but there are a fuck ton of people in that tier.

There is no clear ranking like in magic or science where there are pretty clear rankings
>>
File: BatrocLePew.jpg (650 KB, 1184x1183) Image search: [Google]
BatrocLePew.jpg
650 KB, 1184x1183
>>81163911

Let me put it simply in two parts.

On the one hand, he CAN be beaten by his foes like any martial artist can. He's not God of Combat levels like Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu is. He can lose to jobbers, but makes it one HELL of a challenge for their victory.
>>
>>81166327
>But there are others at the same level of Iron Fist, like Black Widow, Black Panther
Dude....black panther is captain america tier, and mcu black widow may as well be thanos tier. Even in the comics, he isn't really on either ones level.
>>
File: 4900482-9553853372-14106.jpg (431 KB, 1286x1284) Image search: [Google]
4900482-9553853372-14106.jpg
431 KB, 1286x1284
>>81166404
On the OTHER hand, his power level is more than sufficient to not only one shot a SHIELD Helicarrier, but also Hulks and other notoriously tough heroes and villains that give other heroes a LOT of trouble.

So he's a six of one/half dozen of another kind of character that is all manner of awesome.
>>
>>81164189
Probably, but it likely won't be used all the time cause the netflix series have always attempted to be a bit grounded.
>>
>>81166492
>magicaintgottaexplainshit.jpg
>>
>>81163911
What would be essential Fistcore to read?
>>
>>81166690
Immortal Iron Fist is really the only one
>>
File: capbatr002.jpg (76 KB, 584x299) Image search: [Google]
capbatr002.jpg
76 KB, 584x299
>>81166404
>>81166492
Sounds cool! He definitely sounds like an interesting protagonist. Also I just googled Batroc zee Leaper and I hope he makes an appearance. What a funny villain
>>
>>81163911
It's down to who the writers want to win. But Iron Fist fist would have a good chance at beating any of those and would very likely win matches vs. Cap and Daredevil.

He's not the absolute best martial artist in the Marvel Universe and has lost vs. Shang-Chi and other Immortal Weapons in pure martial arts contests.
>>
>>81166748
not OP, but this is the only thing I read, and while it's great for character, it's too bad it doesn't retread the origin run that well. At least that I can remember. I had never heard of Meachum until the casting threads.
>>
>>81166755
chances are low im afraid Batroc was in Winter Soldier played by GSP
>>
>>81166474
>mcu
We are discussing comics
>>
>>81167042
>Even in the comics, he isn't really on either ones level.
It helps to finish reading a sentence.
>>
>>81166748
Not really true but whatever, it's what the show is going with. IIF retcons a lot of shit.
>>
He can beat a lot of people but he wouldn't be able to beat Shang-Chi or Gamora (pre-Bendis at least she used to be like Marvel's Karate Kid).
>>
>>81166755
They already used him in winter soldier so no dice. I'm already pissed that agents of whatever used absorbing man since that pretty much means we'll never see a good version of him in the movies.
>>
>>81167070
The show isn't going with IIF though. It's clearly going with the Meachum and David plotlines from the original ongoing. The problem is that most of /co/'s Iron Fist "fans" have literally never read a single Iron Fist comic that isn't IIF so they consider that to be the only Iron Fist.
>>
>casual explanation
He's top-tier street level and can play at much higher power levels, in which case he turns into a glass cannon and dodge tank.
>>
File: 1349719897914905.jpg (30 KB, 257x400) Image search: [Google]
1349719897914905.jpg
30 KB, 257x400
>>81163911
Read some comics /tv/-pleb
>>
>>81166871
>>81167101
Ah that is too bad, I love how he opens every fight with that silly jump
>>
Danny isn't the best martial artist in the Marvel Universe. That's Shang-Chi. The skill gulf between the two is massive.

However, he's still near the top of the list and his Iron Fist gives him a significant edge over all the "Olympic-level" normal humans out there.
>>
File: immortal-iron-fist-5.jpg (655 KB, 1280x987) Image search: [Google]
immortal-iron-fist-5.jpg
655 KB, 1280x987
>>81163911
Better question.

Will it have Chi Bullets?
>>
>>81167061
In terms of martial arts hes on par with cap. If he doesn't have his shield.
>>
>>81164189
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiRHu1JjpI0
I imagine like it'll look like a better version of the strikes out of something like this.
Like not him glowing all red or yellow or anything. But just when his fist hit flashes and sparks emerge from his hands when he goes full on iron fist.

which id be fine with. it wouldnt be consistently distracting because itd only show visually when something is already being struck anyway.
>>
>>81168049
He's superior to Cap. They've fought once IIRC and it's an Iron Fist job. But his skills/power are well above Cap's.
>>
>>81169038
Wolverine kicked his ass. He's nowhere near caps level.
>>
>>81169064
>downs a helicarrier
>punches out Luke Cage, Colossus and The Thing
Like I said, his skills/power are well above Cap's.
>>
>>81169104
And once again, wolverine has kicked his ass in a martial arts fight. He's nowhere nears their level of martial arts despite being kun'luns kung fu champion.
>>
>>81169219
or the person who had wolverine beat him in hand to hand combat did a shit job in writing that outcome. There is a thing called PiS and i feel having wolvering out kung fu fucking iron fist might apply.
>>
>>81169314
No, but you see, scissors defeats paper that defeats rock. Scissors MUST defeat rock, unless you're retarded.
>>
>>81169064
>>81169219
Guessing this was at a time when wolverine wank was at a high. That shit pisses me off, its not as bad as batman punching darkseid out but wolverine should be more akine to street levelwho can weather cosmic entities but can't do anything against them.

Wolverine is indestructible but he isnt that great a fighter, cause he doesn't have to be, he can just get back up
>>
>>81167702
The gulf between Iron Fist and Shang Chi is probably smaller than the gulf between Iron Fist and the next best.
>>
>>81170103
Iron Fist isn't even the most skilled/strongest immortal weapon. Fat Cobra and John Aman, at least, are better than him.
>>
So how butthurt would /co/ be if Danny and Colleen seem to have a thing at first, like in the original Iron Fist series?
>>
>>81170151
Right, when this conversation is had I always forget the other Immortal Weapons.
>>
>>81170151
Where would you place Karnak?
>>
>the idea of a martial arts tv show sounds like a dream coming true

Anon I have some good news for you, watch pic related and pray Iron Fist is even half as good
>>
>>81170285
I'd break it down Prince of Orphans > Fat Cobra > Bride of Nine Spiders > Iron Fist/Davos > Tiger's Beautiful Daughter/Dog Brother #1 but that's mostly fanon.

>>81170371
IDK but I would really like to write a Karnak/Iron Fist fight. Karnak tends to job real hard so it's tough to place him.
>>
>>81170459
Is prince really that good or does his intangibility just fuck over martial artist types?
>>
>>81170600
Both.
>>
>>81170418
but that show is so bad I dropped it half way through the second episode
>>
File: 3.jpg (74 KB, 271x270) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
74 KB, 271x270
>>81163911
Sounds like they got a white guy to play an asian
>>
File: batman_vs_the_incredible_hulk.jpg (787 KB, 1376x1191) Image search: [Google]
batman_vs_the_incredible_hulk.jpg
787 KB, 1376x1191
>>81166088
Batman would still beat his ass.
>>
>>81170837
no, they got a white guy to play a white guy.

Not all mystic kung fu masters are asian, you racist prick.
>>
>>81166755
>I got my ass handed to me by a street leveler hero!

Yea, absolutely anyone down to elderly and paraplegics can get the shit beat out of them by Captain America. Does not make that something worth bragging about.
>>
>>81170837
>Iron Fist
>Asian
>>
>>81170961
Culture theft is still culture theft anon, Marvel is supposed to be better than that. At least they should be.
>>
>>81171180
kung fu was developed as a means to practice zen buddhism, which was founded by an indian person. Indians are caucasian, which means kung fu belongs to whites as much as it belongs to the chinese

basically everyone should eat a dick
>>
>>81171317
They still better not wear sombreros on May 5th, that's still assholish for some reason.
>>
>>81170940
God thats retarded
>>
>>81171499
what if it's a white african created by the japanese?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0orPXWVfLrc
>>
Someone have a picture of the actor?
>>
>>81171180
>Culture theft is still culture theft anon

But that's literally how most martial arts forms evolved. People stole stuff they saw that worked and implemented it into their own culture of fighting. Martial artists tend to be a fairly diverse lot, not quite as into segregation as racist western liberals.
>>
>>81171180
So they should get someone native to kunlun. or are you saying asia is just one big lumped together culture?
>>
>>81171727
Why are you trying to argue with the fucking moron that is using a German based language, Arabic numbers, and Latin letters, on a machine manufactured in China with a network based out of India on a server based in Russia arguing with a concept formed from Native American grief that if an American white guy uses something invented by someone else that is cultural theft?

you are just wasting your time.
>>
>>81171180
Retard, Bruce Lee would laugh at you
>>
>>81172151
Didn't he die like a year ago or something?
>>
>>81171968
copied and saved for future arguments, thanks anon
>>
>>81170418
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OasG6HdZOY

fuck yeah
>>
>>81163911

>I don't really know much about the character but
> Can he beat Spider-man, Captain America, Black Panther, Daredevil and you know, all the other guys who are good at punching and kicking ?

OP I'm not shitting on you but it's always funny to me how people's first thought about superheroes is how they look fighting other superheroes
>>
File: !!.jpg (160 KB, 772x845) Image search: [Google]
!!.jpg
160 KB, 772x845
>>81164041
>punched a helicopter out of the sky
>>
>>81168964
Just directa yo feetza to Daddy Green's pizza
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.