[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me choose a school of animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Cal_Arts_days.jpg (85 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
Cal_Arts_days.jpg
85 KB, 500x345
I'm from Paris and I hesitate between different schools ( Gobelins, Animation Workshop , MOPA , George MeliƩs )

knowing that I has already been a year of art preparation

I aim studios as ( Rough Draft , Cartoon Network , Pixar , Walt Disney Studios )
>>
Need help guys
>>
File: 6976424_300x300.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
6976424_300x300.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
I'm a graduate of TAW and I really enjoyed my time there, it was great for networking since all the teachers are actual professionals currently working in the field and they help out with the internship you have to do that for the most part guarantees you a job at the place afterwards. I also like the bachelor films they make because while not all are great visually, they tend to be a bit more varied in terms of story and content (unlike Gobelins and their Chase films).

The only issue I'd say is that sometimes they are a little too 'free' for the students. Rather than teaching them how to do a simple thing well they give too much freedom to make things more 'personal', which puts more work on the students who need to make it more simple.

But if you're french and good enough and don't mind making a French Chase bachelor film then I'd recommend Gobelins simply for the name recognition and the fact you'll be a beast of an animator.
>>
>>81129716
>>
>>81129786
the problem with the goblins is that I should probably add about 3 years in prepartion animation / Draw

To get the goblins must be a drawing monster

So I do not know what is best for me add years of prepa from or to a foreign school as TAW
>>
>>81129954
Are you applying as a character animator or do you want to do something else tangential to animation? Modeller, texturer, rigger, clean up, something like that?
>>
>>81129987

Character Animator :)
>>
>>81129716
>>
On topic of this thread, anyone have any good recommendation for further studies? I got my BS in Digital Media Arts, but my school's animation program was pretty small. I wouldn't mind looking into studying more, especially since it could mean getting more connections in the industry.
>>
>>81129716
>>
CAL Arts
>>
>>81130064
Gobelins would be best for that then, but yeah, it's intense. TAW is more lenient, though they've been getting stricter with time due to their growing popularity.

I'm not sure I'd get in with the portfolio I used today, or heck, with my current stuff for that matter.

But TAW's CA programme is great, you do both 2D and 3D and the first half of the 2D year is paper animation, giving you an appreciation for it all. Good teachers too, but they're always different due to schedule conflicts so can't do much about that.
>>
>>81130250
Not to be shilling for TAW but The Animation Workshop has something called "3D professional course" where you can spend a couple of months learning 3D animation for your reel.
>>
>>81130494
Are they tough to get into? I don't think I'm a bad artist by any means, but my portfolio could really use some meat so I'm worried it wouldn't be enough to impress.
>>
>>81130727
I don't know about the 3D professional course. It's not as big and not as long so I don't think they're as picky, but the better you are the better chance of course.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.